New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1499
  1. - Top - End - #1051
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: VIGIL 4: Swordfights!!! on Air

[VIGIL Skybase - Wenomir]

Wenomir rubs his chin. Bandits? Rather smaller-scale than what Vigil usually deals with, but not something they can ignore.

"I could spare one or two of our members to help you scare them away," he says, before Adren makes his question and interrupts him. His expression and posture are hard to read. They're both carefully guarded and kept neutral, but confident. But there's also strength and power in them, like a coiled spring. "Hasn't Steve told you? I'm a leader of Vigil, martial artist, and someone who can help save that village." Steve didn't say Arden was also from the village, so Wenomir's not going to assume it yet.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

2. - Top - End - #1052
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Near the Moonwell]

Shanti looks down at Natharia and smiles. "We're going there right now so I can fix up the lady." She gestures at Anika, but then wags her finger in the direction of the gorgon. "I need to learn something from this though, Natharia. Keep your snakes under check. If this happens again, I won't be happy. You understand?"

Anika smiles widely at Wenomir. "Alright, little guy. Sleeping sounds pretty nice right now. I was so angry a moment ago, but now I can't even remember what it was about..." She leans back. "But while this is cozy, I should probably walk..."

3. - Top - End - #1053
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post

Wenomir rubs his chin. Bandits? Rather smaller-scale than what Vigil usually deals with, but not something they can ignore.

"I could spare one or two of our members to help you scare them away," he says, before Adren makes his question and interrupts him. His expression and posture are hard to read. They're both carefully guarded and kept neutral, but confident. But there's also strength and power in them, like a coiled spring. "Hasn't Steve told you? I'm a leader of Vigil, martial artist, and someone who can help save that village." Steve didn't say Arden was also from the village, so Wenomir's not going to assume it yet.
    Steve is grateful. Now is the time he feels he should speak up. "Thanks. I need all the help I can get."
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

4. - Top - End - #1054
    Ogre in the Playground

[Near the Moonwell]

Natharia pouts, but offers a sullen nod. "She shouldn't yell or point in my face either." She adds. Not all the blame should fall on her.

5. - Top - End - #1055
    Titan in the Playground

[Near the Moonwell]

"No, I think it's really best if we take a boat," Wenomir says. "Nice and safe. And I think Natharia will like it." He leaves it to Shanti to discipline the gorgon for now, but he rather doubts the druid's parenting skills. He might have to intervene.

The flying boat will arrive shortly. It's not a very long distance.
    Last edited by Morty; 2018-04-11 at 04:44 PM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

6. - Top - End - #1056

[Near the Moonwell]

"Yeah, but you don't have to carry me on the boat, silly." Anika slurs. "I can stand... really."

"She shouldn't." Shanti agrees, but leaves it at that. Then she turns to Wenomir. "But yes, let's enjoy the boat ride now. I'm sure Natharia will be thrilled of meeting some new people at the base."

7. - Top - End - #1057
    Troll in the Playground

Steve says "Thanks for the help Wenomir. As soon as rest of us are ready, I'm ready to head out."
    I'm a Lawful Good Human Paladin
    Justice and honor are a heavy burden for the righteous. We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave
    — The Acts of Iomedae, Pathfinder
    Quote Originally Posted by Quibbilcious View Post
    I lost my artistic license after getting stuck in a poetry jam.

8. - Top - End - #1058
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 8BitNinja View Post

Steve says "Thanks for the help Wenomir. As soon as rest of us are ready, I'm ready to head out."
    "NO!" Arden says firmly from behind the others. Far less appeased and grateful as they.
    He boldly steps forward. Brows furrowed and a frown upon his face, he takes a deep breath to steady his words. "One or two?" he repeats, frustration ringing in his voice. "Are you a man of no conviction, indecisive and unsure? Blood has been spilled and lives are lost. Homes were taken and family's destroyed. WHAT purpose is this 'sky base' if not to give back to the people and right the wrongs?"

Arden looks around the sky base, this impressive VIGIL headquarters seemed to have enough resources to spare. He couldn't help control it, his hands balled into fists at his side and he continued to speak in a deep authoritative manner, his voice growing louder and louder with his dedication.

"We could have gathered more willing righteous souls at the farmsteads along the way! Yet here we are all the way up here like starving beggars being appeased by petty crumbs. This is a mere facade of support, what other troubles currently consume so much of your time and resources that you would willingly allow these injustices to go on!? What, What is even the point of all this?"

9. - Top - End - #1059
    Titan in the Playground

Wenomir listens to the rant with an air of deceptive calm, but the more perceptive among those present might notice he's actually anything but. A corner of his mouth twitches just so, betraying what he's thinking. He takes two steps towards Arden, so quickly that he doesn't seem to actually cross the space between them. Suddenly he's towering over him, appearing taller than he was a moment ago. When he speaks, all politeness is gone and his voice has the edge of sharp steel and restrained dread.

"Are you finished, boy? I don't command an army. I lead individuals, each one of which is more that capable of dealing with bandits. Seeing as they've fought off demons who want to subjugate every living thing in this world. That would be one of our 'other troubles'."
    Last edited by Morty; 2018-04-13 at 04:29 PM.

10. - Top - End - #1060
    Troll in the Playground

Skybase - Wenomir

"Yeah, calm down Arden. We should take whatever help we can get." Dave secretly agrees with Arden's perspective, but doesn't want to lose the aid he's been offered.

My Nexus characters

11. - Top - End - #1061
    Ogre in the Playground

Skybase - Wenomir

Arden's gaze never wavered all faulted. He stared Wenomir directly in the eyes the whole time even as he reappeared right infront of him. The dissatisfaction with his response was clearly evident on his face.

"Right." Arden eventually replies to Dave as he settles himself and turns away. "Well we still have much work to do, we should get moving. Maybe stop at some more taverns along the way." He suggests as he starts heading towards the exit.

Spoiler: Logistics questions.
    Show

How are we getting to and fro the Skybase?
    Last edited by Holy-hunter; 2018-04-13 at 10:02 PM.

12. - Top - End - #1062
    Ogre in the Playground

[Near the Moonwell]

"Okay, let's go." Natharia says, pleased that things are going well now. Or at least that the attention is off of the whole bite incident.

13. - Top - End - #1063
    Titan in the Playground

[Near the Moonwell]

Soon enough, a small shuttle arrives to take them to Vigil. It's a simple vessel, operated by two of the civilian personnel. Wenomir briefly informs them that he'll explain Anika's state and Natharia's presence later, and they take off.

14. - Top - End - #1064

[Near the Moonwell]

So they do.

"You really should regard us as allies, Wenomir. We have the same enemies, the people I work with are attacked by demons too. Seaside has it worse than the mainland really. People there are desperately looking for solutions to the problem. The goblins are using conventional warfare, but others don't have access to that. let me pose a theoretical question to you Wenomir. What if the solution isn't killing some bad-guy? Not every problem can be stabbed or thrown a magic ball at you know." She argues as they ascend.

15. - Top - End - #1065
    Ogre in the Playground

[Near the Moonwell]

Natharia looks at the two adults. Shanti's suddenly talking like she's not there. She won't have any of that. "What're demons?" She asks, interjecting.

16. - Top - End - #1066
    Titan in the Playground

[Near the Moonwell]

Wenomir looks up and grinds his teeth.

"What the f-" He remembers there's a child present. "What on earth does it have to do with anything? Stop trying to change the subject, Shanti. Or are you going to tell me this latest stunt of yours is meant to somehow fight demons?" The Natharia asks her question. "Demons are very bad, dangerous things. We're trying to stop them from hurting everyone."

17. - Top - End - #1067

[Near the Moonwell]

Wenomir's reaction earns him a deadly stare from Shanti. "Change the subject?" She hisses. "I wasn't aware we were discussing anything, unless you don't think I'm going to answer your questions later simply because I brought this up? Your constant outrages makes me-"

"Aw, we should all just make up and be friends. Come one, kiss!" Anika suddenly interjects. "Nathraia wouldn't want you to be mad at each other!"

18. - Top - End - #1068

[At a turbine]

Some time ago,it was decided that there will be something to move the island and Mia did bring up the idea of several turbine on the edges of the island to make it move in every direction needed. Since she wasn't able to gather a power source, she at least build the turbines. Right now she finished on of them. Standing in front of the small building that leads futher down she appears sttatisfied. Her Mechanic outfit is covered in soot and oil and only her sweat clears a bit of the dirt away in her face. It is only a matter of time when they can make this thing fly.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

19. - Top - End - #1069
    Ogre in the Playground

[Near the Moonwell]

Natharia rolls her eyes and puts her chin in her hands. They're just gonna keep fighting whatever she does. What a lame situation to be stuck in!

20. - Top - End - #1070
    Titan in the Playground

[Near the Moonwell]

"I don't think you're-" Wenomir begins to say, then takes a deep breath. Though she might be floating in a drugged haze, Anika makes a decent point. Well, about Natharia, that is, not kissing. "We've got common goals and common enemies, but I know you've got your own agenda. It'd help if I knew what it was."

21. - Top - End - #1071
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Holy-hunter View Post
    "NO!" Arden says firmly from behind the others. Far less appeased and grateful as they.
    He boldly steps forward. Brows furrowed and a frown upon his face, he takes a deep breath to steady his words. "One or two?" he repeats, frustration ringing in his voice. "Are you a man of no conviction, indecisive and unsure? Blood has been spilled and lives are lost. Homes were taken and family's destroyed. WHAT purpose is this 'sky base' if not to give back to the people and right the wrongs?"

Arden looks around the sky base, this impressive VIGIL headquarters seemed to have enough resources to spare. He couldn't help control it, his hands balled into fists at his side and he continued to speak in a deep authoritative manner, his voice growing louder and louder with his dedication.

"We could have gathered more willing righteous souls at the farmsteads along the way! Yet here we are all the way up here like starving beggars being appeased by petty crumbs. This is a mere facade of support, what other troubles currently consume so much of your time and resources that you would willingly allow these injustices to go on!? What, What is even the point of all this?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post

Wenomir listens to the rant with an air of deceptive calm, but the more perceptive among those present might notice he's actually anything but. A corner of his mouth twitches just so, betraying what he's thinking. He takes two steps towards Arden, so quickly that he doesn't seem to actually cross the space between them. Suddenly he's towering over him, appearing taller than he was a moment ago. When he speaks, all politeness is gone and his voice has the edge of sharp steel and restrained dread.

"Are you finished, boy? I don't command an army. I lead individuals, each one of which is more that capable of dealing with bandits. Seeing as they've fought off demons who want to subjugate every living thing in this world. That would be one of our 'other troubles'."
    Quote Originally Posted by bc56 View Post
    Skybase - Wenomir

"Yeah, calm down Arden. We should take whatever help we can get." Dave secretly agrees with Arden's perspective, but doesn't want to lose the aid he's been offered.
    Skybase - Wenomir

Arden's gaze never wavered all faulted. He stared Wenomir directly in the eyes the whole time even as he reappeared right infront of him. The dissatisfaction with his response was clearly evident on his face.

"Right." Arden eventually replies to Dave as he settles himself and turns away. "Well we still have much work to do, we should get moving. Maybe stop at some more taverns along the way." He suggests as he starts heading towards the exit.

Spoiler: Logistics questions.
    Show

How are we getting to and fro the Skybase?
    Steve says in a firm, yet calm voice "Hold your peace, Arden. We asked these people who are most likely busy with handling other problems, most likely bigger than ours, to help us. Not only did they agree to help, but the leader himself said he would help us. Besides, I don't think you can expect VIGIL to send their entire forces to fight off some bandits."
    Justice and honor are a heavy burden for the righteous. We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave

22. - Top - End - #1072
    Titan in the Playground

On some level, Wenomir has to respect Arden's audacity and stubbornness. But they're both misplaced, and accusing him of not caring or not doing enough incenses Wenomir like little else.

"I did agree to help, and I'm a man of my word," he states tersely. "I'll send two of my people, unless you'd rather try your own luck."

23. - Top - End - #1073
    Troll in the Playground

Skybase - Wenomir Arden Steve Dave (WASD)

I just noticed that and decided to record it.

"Ok. I can lead the way, where and when should we meet?" Dave is ready.

My Nexus characters

24. - Top - End - #1074

[Near the Moonwell]

Shanti takes a deep breath as well. "Fine."

"Thatsh the spirit." Anika slurs. "Need to keep family and lovers together."

"Right." The cult leader sharply adds before Anika goes any further. "Strange as it might sound, me and Anika have the same goal. We want to protect our people and we also believe our people to be too dumb to effectively protect themselves, with their current leadership." If you could taste the bitterness in her voice, you'd probably choke. "When I disappeared into this nexus, I decided to make the best of it and seek out things that could aid my people, the kaldo'rei. I came across a group of humans that worshiped a great entity that promised to aid my plight if I aided it. Mostly this aid has been recruitment of new followers and spreading its influence through, well..." She gestures at Natharia. "Its her father."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2018-04-19 at 12:37 PM.

25. - Top - End - #1075
    Ogre in the Playground

[Near the Moonwell]

Natharia looks fairly nonplussed about this revelation, as it's not a revelation for her. Though she does look to be paying closer attention now.

26. - Top - End - #1076
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by bc56 View Post
    Skybase - Wenomir Arden Steve Dave (WASD)

I just noticed that and decided to record it.

"Ok. I can lead the way, where and when should we meet?" Dave is ready.
    "Five is hardly a number that inspires fear or retreat. At a guess what would you say the enemies numbers were when they initially invaded. Assuming that they have not received reinforcements and not considering any defensive preparations they may have been taking.
    I suggest continuing to seek aid. There has to be more places more willing.
    "
    Last edited by Holy-hunter; 2018-04-18 at 07:32 PM.

27. - Top - End - #1077
    Titan in the Playground

[Near the Moonwell]

Wenomir bites his tongue on some more immediate answers. Like what kind of god treads children as a way to spread his "influence".

"And what has this deity's aid consisted of?"

28. - Top - End - #1078
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nova_Eclipse View Post
    [VIGIL Skybase]

Quin follows, examining the buildings as Kalya points them out.

"Academy? What do they teach here?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Devixer View Post
    VIGIL Skybase

Iamar is stronger than her stature suggests, but Kal is still able to push her back with relative ease. She takes two steps backward, considering her options. Rather than her initial idea of a headbutt, she steps around to Kal's side with a quick turn. At the same time, she quickly lets go of her sword's hilt, only to grasp it by the dull side of its blade, looking to take advantage of her own turning momentum to thwack Kal on the side of his head or neck with the hilt of the shamshir.
    [VIGIL Skybase]

"We're a little understaffed for teaching at the moment," Kalya admits. "But ultimately we still have the facilities to be a place of learning. For now, the library and labs should be stocked sufficiently enough for the research inclined."

Kal grunts as Iamar whacks him in the side of the head, but doesn't seem to be too put off with it, instead nodding in approval. He retreats and goes on the defensive this time, seeing how Iamar will approach an attack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

29. - Top - End - #1079

[VIGIL Skybase]

"That will be decided once I can return home. I don't know what the situation is back there yet, so I can't ask for anything that precise. But I will be about to count on the entities aid whatever the situation is." Shanti explains. "I believe things from the nexus can change a lot if brought into another world, but if that don't work out I can always make something of myself in this world."

30. - Top - End - #1080
    Troll in the Playground

"Five is hardly a number that inspires fear or retreat. At a guess what would you say the enemies numbers were when they initially invaded. Assuming that they have not received reinforcements and not considering any defensive preparations they may have been taking.
    I suggest continuing to seek aid. There has to be more places more willing.
    "
    [WASD]

Steve says "Fine, we will recruit more. Dave, where is the village located and are there nearby towns? We can assemble a local militia force and use that to our advantage."