New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: VIGIL 4: Swordfights!!! on Air

Vigil Skybase / Training Grounds

You may be off of the compounds these "fanatics" gave you, but you like all mortals are still held on a leash. Death still grips you.
    Last edited by Celticbear; 2017-05-24 at 09:40 AM.
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

Quote Originally Posted by Wuff View Post
    the biggest nerd ever who transforms into BEAR is of course alluring.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Titan in the Playground

[Vigil Skybase / Training Grounds]

Wenomir tilts an eyebrow, surprised. That's a bit of a change of topic.

"I suppose I am, at that. Immortality has never been an enticing prospect."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Ogre in the Playground

Something that always troubled me was how simple it is to end a life in comparison towards keeping one living. To survive, you must make it through adolescence without dropping dead while you are weak, then you must either hide from battle or fight to survive, and then the struggle ends up being all for nothing due to your imperfect bodies dropping dead due to itself. I have not suffered such a predicament, since this universe was created I have existed, so perhaps I cannot be a good judge of mortality. Shall this conversation continue, or shall we continue with the actions we were doing before this? ponders Kitty.
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

4. - Top - End - #274
    Titan in the Playground

Wenomir leans against his sword in thought.

"Which one do you want? We can get back to sparring, but if you want to hear my thoughts on the matter, I can voice them. It's something I've thought about, in my own philosophy."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Ogre in the Playground

According to the agreement I made with the Pharasmites, in order to traverse the mortal world in my quest for knowledge, I must let Xavouir handle all situations, which is why I asked you. I sadly cannot go to far into philosophical debate, lest my form be banished into the nether regions for eternity.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Titan in the Playground

Wenomir looks at the sword and its companion with a somewhat perplexed expression, but then he nods.

"Right, so you only take over during battle. I wouldn't mind discussing this matter some more, though. I do try to teach my students more than just fighting."

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh dear, here it comes again. says Kitty as a jolt goes through Xavouir's body.

Did we win? Ow, I guess we didn't!

8. - Top - End - #278
    Titan in the Playground

Wenomir shakes his head and stretches, rolling his shoulders.

"Not quite, but you put up a good fight. Then I asked why you were fighting defensively, and Kitty eventually stated wondering about mortality. Are you aware of what happens when she takes over?"

9. - Top - End - #279
    Ogre in the Playground

It eventually comes back to me. In flashes. That reminds me, I need to tell you about the crusade to the chaos realm some time. let's say that it was not a good Saturday afternoon. Kitty dropped the details right while I was praying. Oh I puked my guts out all over the high priest. says Xavouir. Then he lets out a long, awkward laughter, that turns into fitful sobbing. Then he sniffs, and shows a big smile.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Titan in the Playground

"Okay. I might ask about it sometime, then," Wenomir says. He's not sure if he wants to hear it, but... "I told Kitty about how I used to be a demon-hunter on the leash of some fanatics. She said I'm still on a leash, but one of death. She seems to have trouble with the concept of mortality."

11. - Top - End - #281
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, I can see why. We've hunted mortal tyrants before, and afterwords Kitty starts to wonder why we bother. Tried to explain to her about the human spirit, but I don't really know much about it and she really didn't understand that either. One thing I do know though is that she will never stop in her mission, even if she doesn't understand it. says Xavouir.

In case your wondering, no I am not really put off by your demon hunter-yness. I was taught by demon hunters.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Titan in the Playground

"So she thinks it's enough to wait until they die of old age?" Wenomir asks. "That's not enough for all the people they will torment and kill before that happens. Also, I'm not a demon hunter any longer. I'm a regular human, and demons are just another opponent to face."

13. - Top - End - #283
    Ogre in the Playground

To her, us mortals are a flicker of candlelight. She'll depose those you should be deposed, but I don't think she understands why we depose. Mortality is a foreign concept to her, and I've been trying to explain to her the specifics for years now. If her mind could be changed, then it would have by now.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Titan in the Playground

Wenomir considers it for a while.

"I've always found it that mortals are much more driven to actually change things than any immortals. When your time on this world is limited, it just makes you want to shoot past that limit, or make some waves while you're here. Without that... there's just no such drive."

15. - Top - End - #285
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, I am not really feeling to become Kitty's translator on a philosophical debate about the drive of mortality is really the best way to get things started here to progress. You mentioned earlier some sort of town here? Who do I talk to to get housing? asks Xavouir.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Hangar Necromancy]

"Eternal peace and comfort, heavenly bliss, that sort of thing," Wenomir says. "I'm not going to get you angelic choirs, or anything, but I can put your soul in a better place a lot of people live their lives in."
    The ghostly cyborg shrugs. "Still a better deal than I deserve, by the sounds of it. How much do you want me to do and say to them, exactly? Do you just want Intrepid to know the full story, or something recorded? Can a ghost's voice even be captured on a recording device? I'll admit we never really dabbled much in ghost science...I mean, Needs did, but he's-" On second thought, better shut up right there. Wenomir probably doesn't even know about Needs, and it's better for everyone's sake that we keep it that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

17. - Top - End - #287
    Titan in the Playground

"We have a village here, yes," Wenomir says. "Members can live there if they want, although it's not obligatory. Just go there and talk to one of the staff. Tell them I sent you, and they'll put you up in one of the houses."

[Hangar Necromancy]

Needs? Whoever "Needs" is, the deceased pilot has clearly said too much.

"Convincing your friend... is it Isaac, or Intrepid? Either way, convincing him is the very least I expect out of this. So we'll try to record it, if possible. We have necromancers here, so it might work. Or this 'Needs', whoever they are."

18. - Top - End - #288
    Ogre in the Playground

Vigil Skybase / Training Grounds - Upper Village

Welp, it has been real. Hope you and Kitty get a chance to finish that conversation. In training of course. says Xavouir as he walks off to the Upper Village.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Training Grounds]

Mia has watched part of the fight. After a while she got bored and started to tinker something with the tools she got. The result is a small paddle that projekts a ball of 1 inch in diameter.
    After Xavouir is out hearing range she speaks up to Wenomir.

"What do you think about him?"
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

20. - Top - End - #290
    Titan in the Playground

[Training Grounds]

"A weapon using someone as a vessel is new to me," Wenomir says. "Still, they're certainly capable as a pair. And enthusiastic. They'll be a good addition to Vigil. You can never know someone's measure until you see them in real battle, of course, but I doubt I'll be surprised."

21. - Top - End - #291
    Troll in the Playground

[Temple Assault]

Steve teleports inside of the VIGIL base ((link to character sheet will be provided if requested)). He looks around and then says "Hey Luvon, Wenomir, Felandria, you guys here?" He then looks around more and says "Can someone please point me to a medic of any kind? I'm kind of getting dizzy. I'm not sure of it's battle fatigue or blood loss, but either way I think I need some help."
    I'm a Lawful Good Human Paladin
    Justice and honor are a heavy burden for the righteous. We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave
    — The Acts of Iomedae, Pathfinder
    Quote Originally Posted by Quibbilcious View Post
    I lost my artistic license after getting stuck in a poetry jam.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Hangar Necromancy]

Needs? Whoever "Needs" is, the deceased pilot has clearly said too much.

"Convincing your friend... is it Isaac, or Intrepid? Either way, convincing him is the very least I expect out of this. So we'll try to record it, if possible. We have necromancers here, so it might work. Or this 'Needs', whoever they are."
    "It's Intrepid and Isaac. Both, either, whichever name you prefer, so long as it's not Magtok. It doesn't really matter; most of us spent our whole lives without a name of our own," the ghost shrugs. He's just The Dead Pilot, after all, why should he care about what people call each other?

"You don't want to involve Needs in this, though. Or in anything, really. Needs is our last resort, he's who you ask for when you've got no other options and you're willing to make some unusual sacrifices to get what you want. Just forget you've ever heard of him and your life will be much better for it." He's not lying, Needs is a strange one. Besides, if there's already necromancers here, why take that chance?
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

23. - Top - End - #293

[Training Grounds]

"A weapon using someone as a vessel is new to me," Wenomir says. "Still, they're certainly capable as a pair. And enthusiastic. They'll be a good addition to Vigil. You can never know someone's measure until you see them in real battle, of course, but I doubt I'll be surprised."
    [Training Grounds]

"I think it can be dangerouse, too." Mia says. "The weapon got no goal. A problem of most immortal beeings. IWould not wonder if at some time they just drop out."

[Temple Assault]

Two simple robot appear with a stretcher to transport Steve to the infirmary if he wants.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Titan in the Playground

[Back from the Temple]

"-doing?" Wenomir looks around, realizing he's no longer in the temple. "...I'll deal with whatever A-2's planning later. Now we all need medical attention. Steve, go with the robots. We'll follow."

[Training Grounds]

"No goal? I suppose it did come off this way..." Wenomir pauses for a while. "I'll keep that in mind. Now, did you take a good look at the fight?"

[Hangar Necromancy]

Wenomir shrugs.

"If you say so. It seems we have a deal. I'll come back here with Kalya and call on you again once I've secured your transfer. They we'll see about recording your confession."

25. - Top - End - #295
    Orc in the Playground

Back From The Temple

astards!

Fel looks around startled.

Whazza?

Okay?

Did we win?

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

26. - Top - End - #296
    Troll in the Playground

[Temple Assault]

Steve collapses into the stretcher. Although he is consious, he is too weak to want say or do anything.
    I'm a Lawful Good Human Paladin
    Justice and honor are a heavy burden for the righteous. We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave
    — The Acts of Iomedae, Pathfinder
    Quote Originally Posted by Quibbilcious View Post
    I lost my artistic license after getting stuck in a poetry jam.

27. - Top - End - #297
    Titan in the Playground

[Back from the Temple]

"We got in, killed a bunch of demons and took out their leader, then got out in one piece. That's a win in my book," Wenomir says, as he heads for the Clinic with everyone. "I also know that Kr is alive, and where to start looking for her."

28. - Top - End - #298

[Back from the Temple]

"-doing?" Wenomir looks around, realizing he's no longer in the temple. "...I'll deal with whatever A-2's planning later. Now we all need medical attention. Steve, go with the robots. We'll follow."

[Training Grounds]

"No goal? I suppose it did come off this way..." Wenomir pauses for a while. "I'll keep that in mind. Now, did you take a good look at the fight?"

[Hangar Necromancy]

Wenomir shrugs.

"If you say so. It seems we have a deal. I'll come back here with Kalya and call on you again once I've secured your transfer. They we'll see about recording your confession."
    [Back from the Temple]

The robot immediatly start bringing Steve to the Infirmary. The informary is hold simple right now. a few beds with curtains and a desk. Mia is here and seems to work on some medivcine, thought it looks more like mercury.

"Hello." she sais still fokused on the medicine. "How can I help you?"

[Training Grounds]

"I tried." she sais. "There was a lot of waiting."

29. - Top - End - #299

[Back from the Temple]

The winged being and Luvon will appear right in front of Felandria in a flash of bright light. "It appears I got it right." She remarks casually underneath her white hood.
    "Is anyone in the need of healing?" She asks, her golden eyes eyeing each member for signs of injury.

30. - Top - End - #300
    Orc in the Playground

Back From The Temple

The winged being and Luvon appear in a flash of light in front of Fel.

Gah!

Then a question is asked.

Well, I'm a bit banged up, but you should check on the others first.

Then she turns to Wenomir.

Just let me know if you want me to come with you or if this is one of those things you need to do yourself.

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre