New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1499
  1. - Top - End - #1081
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: VIGIL 4: Swordfights!!! on Air

[Vigil Skybase]

"Your world? What do you mean your world? What do I do?" Natharia interjects again. Shanti hasn't told her anything about this.

2. - Top - End - #1082
    Titan in the Playground

[VIGIL Skybase]

"That sounds pretty vague..." Wenomir begins to say, but then Natharia interjects. He'll let Shanti explain this.

[WASD]

"I wish you luck in finding willing places," Wenomir says. "I can't vouch for their capability. Just tell me where to send my people and when. I'll make arrangements."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

3. - Top - End - #1083
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Vigil Skybase]

Shanti turns to look down at Natharia. "My world, our world, Natharia." She claims with her hand on her chest. "Azeroth, the birthplace of my people the kaldorei, from which you are based on. You might have noticed that other people have different skin color than me, you and Anika. That's since they are not kaldorei. They are from other worlds and have, like me, ended up in this world, the nexus. Its a dimension where people from many different worlds end up in sometimes. Its easy to get here, but its not easy to return."

4. - Top - End - #1084

NinjaGuy

[VIGIL Skybase]

"What would you teach if you had the staff, then?" Quin asks, curiosity getting the better of him. He knew about VIGIL's military pursuits, but he wasn't aware they were scholarly in any manner, so this is something of a surprise, if a pleasant one.
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

5. - Top - End - #1085
    Ogre in the Playground

(("Vigil Skybase" may just be the worst location tag. ))

[Vigil Skybase - With Gorgon]

Natharia thinks on this for a moment. "But you and her don't have snakes on your heads." She observes. That's a pretty big difference, she's pretty sure. "But that's because I'm special, yeah?" She grins toothily.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2018-04-23 at 11:11 PM.

6. - Top - End - #1086

Shanti smiles back. "Exactly, there is no one else like you, Natharia. You are unique, that's why I'm so worried something will happen to you."

"I dunno, I think having shnakes as haair would shuck pretty hard. Do you know how much effort normal hair takesh to get right?" Anika suddenly interjects, gesturing at her own hair. "Like an half-hour eacsh morning. Imagine that with shnakes..." She giggles loudly. "It'd die, die!"

7. - Top - End - #1087
    Titan in the Playground

"I wouldn't know about that," Wenomir says, letting Anika ramble on about hair. "I've met one gorgon before. She wasn't originally a... kal'dorei, but she does have snake hair and all that."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

8. - Top - End - #1088
    Troll in the Playground

WASD

If no one minds, this seems like Dave's spot to reply.

"How about we meet at Trog's, noon tomorrow? Thanks for the help." Dave reaches out to shake Wenomir's hand.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

9. - Top - End - #1089
    Troll in the Playground

[WASD]

Steve says "Sounds like a good idea. I'll try to assemble any other forces I can. I suggest everyone else prepare for this too."
    I'm a Lawful Good Human Paladin
    Justice and honor are a heavy burden for the righteous. We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave
    — The Acts of Iomedae, Pathfinder
    Quote Originally Posted by Quibbilcious View Post
    I lost my artistic license after getting stuck in a poetry jam.

10. - Top - End - #1090
    Ogre in the Playground

"It's doesn't suck hard." Natharia says indignantly. Her snakes hiss lightly.

Her attention is quickly drawn away from Anika when Wenomir speaks. "What? Someone else like me?" The girl turns to Nathari, her snakes all intently staring at her as she waits for an explanation.

11. - Top - End - #1091

"But it doesh! Thish coming from somheone that can turn into one. I have gone through a lot of shnakes in my life, thatsh whash I'm shaying."

Shanti nods to Natharia, trying to ignore Anika. "Yes, but not exactly. She is older, and isn't kaldorei like you. But her hair is the same like yours, just white." She explains.

12. - Top - End - #1092
    Titan in the Playground

"Come now, Anika. It's not fair to criticize someone's hair like that," Wenomir says. "Natharia's snakes seem to work fine for her."

13. - Top - End - #1093
    Ogre in the Playground

"Where is she?" Natharia asks with keen interest. She's not even bothered by Anika's very rude remarks anymore.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2018-04-28 at 05:53 PM.

14. - Top - End - #1094

"Oh, she lives at... MERC, a mercenary organization up in the No-rthen mountains. But I'm not sure visiting her is the best idea. I did something very bad to her in desperation, so now she doesn't want to talk to me." Shanti admits.

Anika's attention is now turned to Wenomir. "Would you like shnakes as hair, Wenomir? Would you like me to have it?" She grins and then suddenly starts leaning heavily on him, rubbing her head against his head and shoulder.

15. - Top - End - #1095
    Titan in the Playground

"I don't think..." Then Anika starts doing her thing. "Your hair's fine the way it is, Anika. I know you put a lot of effort into it." He turns back to Shanti and Natharia. "I don't think she'd be happy to see Shanti, no. I've met her a few times. She's not bad, for a mercenary."

16. - Top - End - #1096

[Island wide message]

A few days ago people have heared working noise all over the island of Vigil. Not only at the edge where the turbines are now, but also somewhere in the center. A good part of the wood has been choped down to get place for a solar farm and battery stations. Now that it seems the working os over there is a scrathing noise as some loudspeaker rise up.

The sound of someone hitting the microphone appears befor Mia speaks up.
    "Hello? Test test? Is this thing on." A moment of silence follows. "Okay." she replies to a person next to her.
    "Hello Island residents. I'm Mia Mechanicus member of Vigil and currently in charge of the 'Move the Island' - Project.
    A while ago we finished our preperations with the eigth turbines build around the edges of the island and in addition there was a solar park created to fuel those engines. This means today we are able to start moving the island on our own. The power of the solar pannels are low so we can only move slowly, but we already have a plan to recive a greater power source. We will now start our first travel. Please prepare yourself."

There will be a short delay to allow people to prepare there stuff. With a short jolt like when you start a car, the island will make his way. slowly, but noticable moving away from the point it was to yet an unknown location.
    Last edited by Zefir; 2018-05-02 at 02:41 AM.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

17. - Top - End - #1097
    Ogre in the Playground

Natharia considers this for a moment. "Well I want to see her." She decides. She's not just going to not see someone else like her just because Shanti did something.

18. - Top - End - #1098

Anika suddenly lets out what easily could get confused for a snarl, but is actually a snore. Then she lets out a long string of saliva out of her mouth as she abruptly appear to have fallen asleep.

((I'm going to assume they have been sitting now!))

"I won't stop you, but know that she might not take kindly to your appearance, Natharia." Shanti warns. "She killed one a gorgon before, which is why she became one herself. She was punished in a way. Blessed in another." The cult leader explains.

19. - Top - End - #1099
    Titan in the Playground

Wenomir blinks. He had no idea that this is how Dena became a gorgon... she just sort of was one someday. He realizes too late that bringing her up was probably a bad idea.

"I haven't talked to her in a while, but maybe I could ask- ooof." It's at this point that Anika falls asleep on him. "And there she goes. Is she going to sleep until this wears off?"

20. - Top - End - #1100
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ashen Lilies View Post
    [VIGIL Skybase]

Kal grunts as Iamar whacks him in the side of the head, but doesn't seem to be too put off with it, instead nodding in approval. He retreats and goes on the defensive this time, seeing how Iamar will approach an attack.
    Iamar is quick to press the attack. She steps forward with Kal, flipping her sword back to its rightful orientation, but rather than swing with it, she grasps the dull edge of the blade's center, and throws her weight into a thrust aimed at his shield arm. If she can disable his defensive advantage, then she'll have a much easier time.

21. - Top - End - #1101
    Ogre in the Playground

Natharia gives Anika a curious look, but dismisses her a moment later. "Why did she do that?" She asks, since it sounds like that's not the whole story.

22. - Top - End - #1102

"When Dena tried to steal from the lady, she got caught in the act. The lady tried to defend her property, but well..." Shanti shrugs and then turns to look at the sleeping Anika. "She might, though the poison doesn't always cause sleep however. She might wake up again for all I know."

23. - Top - End - #1103
    Titan in the Playground

[Island wide message]

"Good job, Mia," Wenomir tells her through the intercom once the island starts moving. "We'll just need to remember to warn everyone before we move it."

This is awkward. Wenomir had no idea there was this kind of story here...

"That's great. Moving through unfamiliar territory," he says, sighing. "We should get to the island soon, so we can put Anika down somewhere comfortable and then show Natharia around the place."
    Last edited by Morty; 2018-05-05 at 07:20 PM.

24. - Top - End - #1104
    Ogre in the Playground

Natharia frowns, but asks nothing more. She seems to be thinking things over.

25. - Top - End - #1105

Shanti's gaze is once again drawn to Wenomir. "So you are planning for her to stay here then." She observes. "Just for how long, exactly? I had plans to return to seaside eventually once KABAL stops looking for me."

26. - Top - End - #1106
    Titan in the Playground

"She wanted to see the base, didn't she? And we still have a lot to talk about," Wenomir says. "Then we'll see. But I wouldn't count on KABAL to stop looking for you soon. They're a persistent pack of lowlifes."

27. - Top - End - #1107
    Ogre in the Playground

"Yeah, I wanna see the base." Natharia confirms, her attention being drawn back to the first thing that was driving her. She looks outside to see how close they are.

28. - Top - End - #1108

"We'll see, yes." Shanti agrees. "Let's just show Natharia the base now."

29. - Top - End - #1109
    Titan in the Playground

[Airship Gantry]

At that point, the ship lands in the airship gantry on the underside of the island. Wenomir will call on some staff to carry Anika somewhere comfortable where she can sleep, and tells them to inform him if she wakes up.

"Well, here we are," he tells Natharia. "This is where we keep all our ships. We'll have to go upstairs to actually get to the island's surface."

30. - Top - End - #1110
    Ogre in the Playground

[Airship Gantry]

Natharia looks around briefly, but she has other things in mind. "I want to look off the side!"