The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 17323334353637383940414243 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1264
  1. - Top - End - #1231
    Barbarian in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

Default Re: MtG: YMTC challenge V: Familicide is a CMC 5 Black Sorcery

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Gunsforhands View Post
    I'm not sure exactly what this is a reference to; the first Q I think of is the expensive planeswalker from Star Trek. A 2/2 with flying and haste for basically 1U is pretty strong in an aggro deck, which is good because the two activated abilities don't add much to it. It's kind of small, so it won't deliver much trample damage. It flies, so it's already hard to block. I'm left wondering what was meant to be so legendary about any of this, but everyone loves Isamaru and Yargle so that's not a big problem. It probably just needs to be an uncommon and go in a legend-filled multicolor set of some sort.

That One Goblin God From OOTS - 1WBR
    He's a big purple goblin wearing black armor with a red cape and white spikes.
    Legendary Creature - God MR
    Haste, Menace, Vigilance
    Goblins you control get +1/+1 and have menace and vigilance.
    This creature can't attack or block unless a goblin you control is attacking or blocking.
    5/5

Challenge! Something to discourage an opponent from killing you with an all-out attack.
    This is very powerful as a top end for a goblin deck, the only downside being the three colors when most goblins are red. It's not hard to see a goblin deck get in 5-7 damage on turns one through three, and then if they drop this, that's a lot more evasive damage coming your way. I think needing the three colors helps balance it, but it'd still make goblins a potent threat, if there's enough support.

Pain Link 1WR
    Enchantment (U)
    Sacrifice Pain Link: Until end of turn, whenever a creature an opponent controls deals damage to you, it deals that much damage to each other player.

Challenge: A card that you give to an opponent!

2. - Top - End - #1232
    Troll in the Playground

PirateCaptain

It does make sense as enchantment, both for meeting the challenge and for being not powerful enough to be a combat trick. I feel like this kind of effect should scale costs with more players, but with the initial cost just being WR.

Glissa, Twice-Betrayer 2BG
    Legendary Planeswalker - Glissa R
    Whenever ~ loses loyalty counters, its controller gains that much poison counters.
    -3: Each creature gets -1/-1 until end of turn for each poison counter you have.
    +2: Target opponent gains control of ~.

Make another enemy-pair or enemy-shard planeswalker.
    Last edited by ben-zayb; 2019-09-09 at 07:25 PM.

3. - Top - End - #1233
    Troll in the Playground

On one hand, the donate effect seems like it's impossible to make useful; in the deck that wants it, all of your creatures would already have infect, so you won't need to attack her just for that. On the other hand, if you're playing a multiplayer game, I can imagine using her as a potent political tool that only occasionally blows up your board and kills you, and that's probably what you really want given the nature of the challenge.

Spoiler: every ral
    Show
    ral ru
    leg plan ral r
    +1 draw discard
    -2 deal damage
    -8 get an emblem that says you take an extra turn after each opponent's turn or something

Kiora, Water Gym Leader 1UG
    Legendary Planeswalker - Kiora U
    +1: Look at the top 4 cards of your library. Reveal up to one creature or land card from among them and put it on top of your library. Put the rest on the bottom of your library in any order.
    -3: Untap all your lands.
    Loyalty: 3

Challenge! Something with a fishing rod in the art!
    Leo, Ajax, Deshy, Cutty, Erica.

4. - Top - End - #1234

Kiora, Water Gym Leader 1UG
    Legendary Planeswalker - Kiora U
    +1: Look at the top 4 cards of your library. Reveal up to one creature or land card from among them and put it on top of your library. Put the rest on the bottom of your library in any order.
    -3: Untap all your lands.
    Loyalty: 3
    I can't help but think the -3 effect might be a touch OP, given that it basically gives you another main phase. Slip this into a decent ambush deck and the end results could be pretty ridiculous. But the low starting loyalty seems like it'll dissuade oversue, so..n okay overall, I think.

Challenge! Something with a fishing rod in the art!
    Takilu GG2
    A small, turtle-like creature sits amidst a sea of clouds, next to a pile of spiky pods and an apparently unattended fishing rod.
    Creature - Turtle (R)
    Takilu enters play with a +1/+1 counter on it.
    During your opponent's upkeep phase, they may remove a +1/+1 counter from Takilu, if it has one. If they do, they gain 10 life.
    During your upkeep phase, if Takilu has no +1/+1 counters on it, create two Green Turtle 1/1 tokens with "if this creature is blocked, do 3 damage to the blocking creature".
    1/2

Next: more turtle power, please.
    Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? 'Course ya do!

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

[+]

5. - Top - End - #1235
    Dwarf in the Playground

I did some googling but i couldn't figure out why this card is named Takilu. The mechanics are cool though. I really like how the card generates a ton of value but can't do it until your opponent decides to be greedy. Unfortunatly I think the design suffers from the card being a 4 mana 2/3 most of the time with little incentive for your opponent to activate it. It is also very easy to remove with spells. Neat ideas though.

Keeper of the Weak 2G
    Creature - Turtle U
    Soulbound
    CARDNAME can only be paired with creatures with power 3 or less.
    Creatures paired with CARDNAME are indestructible.
    1UU: Return CARDNAME to its owner's hand.
    2/3

Next, make a card that can win you games.
    Last edited by Quiddle; 2019-09-12 at 11:51 PM.
    Spoiler: My Homebrew(3.5):
    Show
    All hail the white space, for from it all posts are shaped.
    Hey look, it is the oldest trick in the book!

6. - Top - End - #1236
    Troll in the Playground

I think you'd be a fan of Aegis Angel. A power-limited bouncable version is an interesting variant, if a bit impractical with that 1UU cost. Turtle or no, it still feels like a white card, especially with that name. Green protects its weak creatures by toughening them up.

Big Zombie - 5B
    Creature - Zombie C
    -
    BRAINS
    6/6

Challenge! Make an undead version of a thing they haven't made undead yet.

7. - Top - End - #1237

Big Zombie - 5B
    Creature - Zombie C
    -
    BRAINS
    6/6
    Seems overcosted. If all there is to it is that it's a big beatstick of a zombie, it's a clearly inferior option to the likes of Ammit Eternal (5/5, CMC 3, nice "you take damage even if you defend" ability) or Diregraf Colossus (2/2, but +1/+1 for every zombie in your graveyard, which shouldn't be hard to bring up to 6/6 if you're already running zombies; also CMC 3). A beatstick is always a nice thing to have, but this one seems kinda pricey in that context.

Challenge! Make an undead version of a thing they haven't made undead yet.
    Sand Ravager - BB3
    Creature - Zombie Scorpion (R)
    Flash, Deathtouch
    When Sand Ravager enters the field, exert up to two target creatures and fight a target untapped creature.
    2/4

(I checked; no, they haven't made any undead scorpions yet. Talk about wasted potential.)

Next: let's see a desert-themed enchantment of some sort.

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

[+]

8. - Top - End - #1238
    Ogre in the Playground

Keeping things tapped is way outside of Black's colour pie. That said, it doesn't actually undermine any of Black's weaknesses in that regard, so while it's a break, it's not a severe break. That aside, 3BB "Destroy Target Creature" at instant speed is about on-point for limited removal options. Killing a low-power creature and keeping this as a blocker might be a little too swingy for a limited game, though.

Necromantic Desiccation 1UB
    Enchantment - Aura
    Enchant Creature
    When ~ enters the battlefield tap enchanted creature.
    Enchanted creature is a Black Zombie in addition to its other colours and types and doesn't untap during it's controller's untap step unless that player pays 2.
    UB, Sacrifice a Desert: Gain control of enchanted creature.
    Beware a wasteland where thirst does not kill.

Challenge: Create a non-creature card with the Soulshift mechanic.
    Open the lid and snatch a homebrewed treat from Cookie's Jar

Ponytar by Dirtytabs

Quote Originally Posted by DudeWhyAreAllTheNamesTaken(Imgur)
    Chaotic neutral. Might rob you blind. Might save your life. Might do both.

9. - Top - End - #1239
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Cookie View Post
    Necromantic Desiccation 1UB
    Enchantment - Aura
    Enchant Creature
    When ~ enters the battlefield tap enchanted creature.
    Enchanted creature is a Black Zombie in addition to its other colours and types and doesn't untap during it's controller's untap step unless that player pays 2.
    UB, Sacrifice a Desert: Gain control of enchanted creature.
    Beware a wasteland where thirst does not kill.
    You're missing a rarity :P

Assuming you weren't planning on putting this at common though, it's fine. It's either a control target creature type of spell for 5 mana and a land sacrifice which might be even a bit over-costed, and otherwise it's a pacify like effect that also stops abilities that require the creature to be tapped. I think this spell might even function being one mana cheaper, or moving 1 mana from the casting cost to the ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Cookie View Post
    Challenge: Create a non-creature card with the Soulshift mechanic.
    Soul Gem 3BB
    artifact - R
    When ~ enters the battlefield, destroy target creature. Put soul counters on ~ equal to the destroyed creature's mana cost.

Soulshift X (X is equal to the amount of soul counters on ~)

Next challenge: A card that does something with thopters
    Last edited by DeTess; 2019-09-16 at 07:23 AM.
    Jasnah avatar by Zea Mays

10. - Top - End - #1240
    Ogre in the Playground

That's not how you word that ability. The X is equal to counters needs to be typed out, it is not reminder text. Look at Kodami of the First Tree.
    Soulshift is a bad mechanic, but you were asked to make a card with it, so I can't fault you for that.
    The card does feel horribly overpriced though. Its effect is at instant speed for 2 less. For 2 more mana and a sorcery speed restriction you get a very restrictive disentomb effect, which is a nice effect, but way too restrictive.
    This card is worth most as an artifact that kills on etb for blink/recursion shenanigans, which does not bode well for a design when large parts of its text are mostly irrelevant.

Siren Installer - 1R
    Creature - Dwarf Artificer - U
    When Siren Installer enters that battlefield, create a 1/1 Thopter artifact creature token with flying.
    Artifact creatures you control have menace.
    They were a nuisance even before the constant beeping
    1/2

Another card that has something to do with noises.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Cizak View Post
    I'm gonna be against the flow here and say outlined.

What? Everyone else are against the flow too, okay?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    In the grim statistics of the far future, there is only math.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    Most Hilarious Murderer in the Playground. Both his episodes of hysterically ending my life left me chuckling even hours later when I thought about them.
    And more in the extended signature!

Extended signature

11. - Top - End - #1241
    Troll in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Soulshift is a nearly dead (pardon the pun) ability on a noncreature, so it feels like this card wonn't even break if the it becomes an uncommon with a cost far closer to standard removal. Soulshift also will rely too much on the set it would be in, because otherwise where do you put this effectively? O-Kagachi EDH?

Cuento, Reality Augmentor UU
    Legendary Creature - Human Artificer R
    U,T: Create a 1/1 blue Thopter artifact creature token with flying.
    Tap X untapped Thopters you control: Create a token that's a copy of target nontoken permanent with converted mana cost less than X. Exile it at the beginning of your next end step.
    2/2

Create a green card whose theme is tied to utilizing technology, or a black card whose theme is tied to motivating your people. Bonus for both.

12. - Top - End - #1242
    Troll in the Playground

Siren Installer is cool enough that it could get away with costing a bit more. A 1/1 with flying and menace is worth 1B on its own, but the presence of more thopters in the set makes it less impressive, but the dwarf sitting back buffing your own other thopters makes up for that.

Cuento... builds thopters, and then tells the thopters to build copies of things? The way you templated the ability still has some consequences that I doubt are intentional. Did you realize that you could still copy lands with it? What about an ornithopter? The original can only copy itself once, but the copies can be tapped targeting the original for infinite tokens. Knowing that, it's hard to imagine anyone ever using the ability in a fair or interesting way.

Spoiler
    Show
    Laser Steve BG
    Creature - Laser Steve F
    T: Laser Steve deals 1 damage to 1 target.
    T: Target non-Steve creature gets +1/+1 and gains Ample. (That's hot.)
    3/3

Edit: almost forgot about the card I was thinking of earlier for the first challenge. Pick your favorite from the two, I guess?

Banshee Chorus - 3B
    Creature - Banshee Spirit C
    Flying, Haunt (When this creature dies, exile it haunting target creature.)
    When Banshee Chorus enters the battlefield or the creature it haunts dies, you may sacrifice another creature. If you do, create 2 1/1 black and white Spirit creature tokens with flying.
    2/3

Moonglove Fixer - BG
    Creature - Elf Rogue R
    Other elf creatures you control have deathtouch.
    1G: Exile target creature card from an opponent's graveyard. When you do, create a 1/1 green Elf creature token.
    -
    "He won't use the stuff himself, doesn't want to mar his dainty money-counting fingers, but he knows people who will. Opportunists, eager to join an outfit with a track record of successful cullings and the trophies to prove it."
    - Jace but he's a noir detective for some reason

2/3

Challenge! A spherical object that doesn't fly through the air!
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2019-09-16 at 03:25 PM.

13. - Top - End - #1243

Banshee Chorus - 3B
    Creature - Banshee Spirit C
    Flying, Haunt (When this creature dies, exile it haunting target creature.)
    When Banshee Chorus enters the battlefield or the creature it haunts dies, you may sacrifice another creature. If you do, create 2 1/1 black and white Spirit creature tokens with flying.
    2/3

Moonglove Fixer - BG
    Creature - Elf Rogue R
    Other elf creatures you control have deathtouch.
    1G: Exile target creature card from an opponent's graveyard. When you do, create a 1/1 green Elf creature token.
    -
    "He won't use the stuff himself, doesn't want to mar his dainty money-counting fingers, but he knows people who will. Opportunists, eager to join an outfit with a track record of successful cullings and the trophies to prove it."
    - Jace but he's a noir detective for some reason

2/3
    Banshee Chorus is decent enough common for limited, and plays nice with afterlife in flooding the board with 1/1 flyers if you build for it.

Moonglove fixer seems pretty pushed at 2 mana. The card has a decent body, and a strong graveyard control/token generator ability because it doesn't require the card to be tapped. Add to that the death-touch ability and you get a very strong card for only 2 mana. I'd personally drop either the deathtouch aura or the token generation, or increase the mana cost by 1-2, but I'm hardly a balance expert :P

Overall, I like the flavor on both cards very much.

Challenge! A spherical object that doesn't fly through the air!
    (This card is silver-bordered)
    Sportsball - 2
    Legendary Artifact - Equipment R
    If a creature equipped with ~ deals combat damage to a player, put a goal counter on that player. Then if that player has 3 or more goal counters, they lose the game.
    If a creature equipped with ~ becomes blocked, the controller of the blocking creature gains control of ~ and may attach it to a creature they control.
    At the begging of each end step, if ~ is not attached to a creature, a randomly selected opponent gains control of ~.

equip 2

Next challenge: A mono-color card that has at least 4 colors in its color identity.
    Last edited by DeTess; 2019-09-17 at 06:27 AM.

14. - Top - End - #1244
    Dwarf in the Playground

This card is really fun! The only thing I don't like about it is that it doesn't play well with evasive creatures. I'm surprised that the rules on this didn't end up being too complicated. One small thing is when your opponent gains control of it if they don't control a creature you creature can still "score goals". Fun card!

A mono-color card that has at least 4 colors in its color identity.

Ambitious Polytalent 1BB
    Creature - Human Wizard Warrior R
    Lifelink
    Whenever ~ deals combat damage to a player you may pay 2 life, if you do return it to your hand.
    1R: ~ gets +1/+0 until the end of the turn.
    Cycling UU
    Unearth 1BW
    2/3
    /
    Secure the Fame BG
    Sorcery - Adventure
    You lose 2 life.
    Search your library for a basic land card and put that card onto the battlefield. Then shuffle your library.

Next make a complicated card.
    Last edited by Quiddle; 2019-09-17 at 03:50 PM.
    Show

15. - Top - End - #1245
    Troll in the Playground

I guess the goal is to be able to use her abilities from your hand after unearthing her over and over, which your opponent can counter by blocking. I don't see any reason for the other mechanics to all be on the same card, even one for a quasi-undead universalist gish wizard. The mechanics of Secure the Fame are interesting, but it doesn't mesh with the flavor or with everything else going on. It implies that, on her way to the battlefield, she used some of your blood to... go somewhere... and plant trees? For fame purposes?

Profligate Morphon - UU
    Creature - Eukaryote - R
    If a delayed triggered ability would be created, Profligate Morphon creates and becomes the source of that ability instead.
    2/2

Challenge! Make a land card with something similar to an Adventure as an alternative use.
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2019-09-17 at 08:40 PM.

16. - Top - End - #1246
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

I read that last one as Profligate Morophon .

Anyway, a land with adventure:

Baba Yaga's Hut
    Legendary Land - (R)
    If ~ would enter the battlefield from your hand, you may instead pay 3BB and exile it. If you do, you may play an additional land this turn, but that land can't be named ~.
    When ~ is put into exile from the battlefield, destroy target creature.
    you may play ~ from exile.
    ~ enters the battlefield tapped
    T: Add B
    2B: ~ becomes a 2/2 chicken creature with menace until end of turn.

challenge: make a card with grandeur (from future sight)

17. - Top - End - #1247
    Halfling in the Playground

You forgot to critique Profligate, so I will.

Iím sure this breaks something, Iím just too lazy to find out what. Iíll assume itís something on the level of r/badmtgcombos and not something thatíll matter in a constructed format.

Why didnít you just give it adventure? As is youíve made a card that itís owner can interact with after having been exiled, which Wizards doesnít want to have happen. 4 mana for a 2/2 menace seems about on par with most manlands, and a 5 mana kill spell that draws a card seems fine, though I donít like Baba Yaga being in the name, since Wizards doesnít like direct connections to real world mythologies. I also donít like that thereís no connection between the adventure and the land- maybe if it turned into a 1/3 deathtouch or something?

Grandeur is really tricky to design, since the effect has to be powerful enough to merit being willing to get rid of your backup copy in hand without being so powerful it warps a format. Plus thereís no way to use it in Commander, the format where legendary creatures are the most focal.

ZzíTar, Dinocaller 3GG
    Legendary Creature- Human Shaman R
    Grandeur- discard another card named ZzíTar, Dinocaller: create an 8/8 green dinosaur creature token.
    3/3

Challenge: an uncommon.
    Last edited by BasketOfPuppies; 2019-09-18 at 10:20 PM.

18. - Top - End - #1248
    Troll in the Playground

The problem, of course, is that it's exceedingly terrible if you only have the one copy. In limited, you'll almost never get two, and if you do it's not quite worth it to run them together on the off chance you'll see them both at once. (Edit: on reflection, it might be pretty likely by the time you get to 5 mana. This warrants testing!) In constructed... I guess you can use tutors and stuff to crank out a 3/3 and two 8/8s on turn 4? It goes very well with Summoner's Pact and the like. Some resourceful Timmy might warm up to it.

Kerbal Engineer - 2R
    Creature - Kerbal Pilot U
    3: Target noncreature artifact you control becomes a Vehicle with power and toughness are each equal to its mana cost until end of turn. It gains flying, haste and Crew 2 until end of turn. Sacrifice it at the beginning of the next end step.
    2/3

Challenge! Something that either uses or produces a lot of oxygen!
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2019-09-19 at 12:59 AM.

19. - Top - End - #1249

Kerbal Engineer - 2R
    Creature - Kerbal Pilot U
    3: Target noncreature artifact you control becomes a Vehicle with power and toughness are each equal to its mana cost until end of turn. It gains flying, haste and Crew 2 until end of turn. Sacrifice it at the beginning of the next end step.
    2/3
    I guess in Jebediah Kerman's hands, anything's a rocket, huh?

Mechanically, I don't see this getting too much play. I don't know of many artifact-dependent decks, and there are easier, cheaper ways to get flyers, most of which have their own support networks (i.e. Thopters). And of the artifacts that outclass said cheap flyers, most are better off just being used as they are, rather than sacrificing them as fodder. Which means this is necessarily a desperation attack, on an otherwise mediocre body. Which makes it kinda... eh.

Challenge! Something that either uses or produces a lot of oxygen!
    Flare Mist UU
    Enchantment (U)
    Every time you cast a spell, place a counter on Flare Mist.
    >Pay R, sacrifice Flare Mist: Do X damage, divided however you wish, amongst any number of targets on the field, with X being the number of counters on Flare Mist.
    "...Do you smell gas?" -Famous last words

Next, make a mechanically interesting "magic seal" card!

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

[+]

20. - Top - End - #1250
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    You forgot to critique Profligate, so I will.
    Oops, sorry, I forgot about that.

Ironsmith, could you clarify what you mean by a "magic seal"? I don't think you want a New York asphalt paving company.

21. - Top - End - #1251

Quote Originally Posted by PhyrexianShovel View Post
    Oops, sorry, I forgot about that.

Ironsmith, could you clarify what you mean by a "magic seal"? I don't think you want a New York asphalt paving company.
    Classic fantasy trope. You got a big, scary monster, it's trapped, this is what you're using to trap it. Just make it a little more interesting than that.

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

[+]

22. - Top - End - #1252

Quote Originally Posted by Ironsmith View Post
    Flare Mist UU
    Enchantment (U)
    Every time you cast a spell, place a counter on Flare Mist.
    >Pay R, sacrifice Flare Mist: Do X damage, divided however you wish, amongst any number of targets on the field, with X being the number of counters on Flare Mist.
    "...Do you smell gas?" -Famous last words
    I like this card. This would be a finisher for a storm deck, with the potential to kill a problematic creature instead of you absolutely have to. It's speed seems fine? 10 spells cast in a single turn would get aetherflux to 50 for a killshot, or this card to 10, which after casting 10 spells should also be a kills-hot. The requirement to sacrifice it also helps keep it in check. The only real down-side is that this really doesn't feel like a blue effect. I think this could be pure red without any trouble, but I'm not a color-pie expert.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironsmith View Post
    Next, make a mechanically interesting "magic seal" card!
    Crumbling seal 4
    Artifact R
    ~ enters the battlefield with 20 charge counters on it.
    Whenever anyone taps a land for mana, remove a charge counter from ~. If there are no charge counters on ~, sacrifice it.
    When ~ is put into the graveyard from the battlefield, you may put a creature, artifact or planeswalker card from your hand onto the battlefield.
    It used to draw its energy from the land. Now too many others do too.

edit: next challenge: something to do with eggs
    Last edited by DeTess; 2019-09-21 at 07:17 AM.

23. - Top - End - #1253
    Troll in the Playground

My brain doesn't know what to do with the numbers; they seem balanced such that it's good in commander and not much else, but there might be no escaping that. I find it weird that this is an artifact and not an enchantment, but I thought the same thing about The Circle of Loyalty when I saw it spoiled, so the problem must be on my end. It's interesting how your opponent can kind of slow you down for a turn by sitting still, though in practice it might just mean feeling bad every time they do anything. Given the shade of a metaphor for environmental damage, maybe that's intentional.

Henhouse Fox - 1G
    The fox is running off with a big basket in its mouth, scattering a trail of broken eggs behind it. A henhouse in the distant background seems halfway-collapsed.
    Creature - Fox C
    When Henhouse Fox enters the battlefield, destroy up to one target artifact with converted mana cost 2 or less. When an artifact is destroyed this way, you gain 3 life.
    2/2

Challenge! Frog!

24. - Top - End - #1254
    Ogre in the Playground

I like the design, but with the lifegain I think it should be uncommon. It's actually deceptively powerful, there being several environments where it has some good targets, I can see it being playing in the sideboard of Collected Company decks, and possibly in green decks in vintage just due to bountiful targets. It's definitely not a too strong card, but it might be just good enough at what it does to see play.

Hypnotoad - 1UU
    Creature - Frog - R
    3UU: Gain control of target creature for as long as you control Hypnotoad.
    1/2

Another card that is very powerful with lots of mana.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Most Hilarious Murderer in the Playground. Both his episodes of hysterically ending my life left me chuckling even hours later when I thought about them.

Extended signature

25. - Top - End - #1255
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

Welll, it looks to me like Hypnotoad is only playable in commander, right off the bat. I think it would likely be a pretty good limited card as well. It reminds me of roil elemental, in that they both want you to keep getting more mana in one way or another, and gives back everything when it dies. Overall, I like it, but I don't think it's amazing.

The Worldheart 7GGG
    Legendary Creature - Spirit Shaman - M
    When ~ eners the battlefield or at the beginning of your upkeep, choose one:
    • Create a Volcano token with T: add R and T: deal 4 damage to any target
    • Create a 4/4 Jungle land creature token with T: add G
    • Create a Marsh Land token with T: add B and T: draw 2 cards and lose 2 life
    • Create a Sea Land token with T: add U and T: draw a card
    • Create a Prairie Land creature token with T: add W and T: you gain 6 life

10/10
    Edit: Make me a white common that's not a removal spell that's good in limited
    Last edited by PhyrexianShovel; 2019-09-22 at 09:38 AM.
    I'm a Lawful Good Human Wizard at 1st level

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Who's to say a Fortune 500 won't serve McDonald's?
    Campaigns I'm running:
    Carrion Crown (IC|OOC)

Campaigns I'm playing in:
    None right now!

26. - Top - End - #1256
    Dwarf in the Playground

I don't know. This card is pretty busted even if it only lives one turn. The thing there are hardly any cards that interact with land so any boon this guy gives it gives all game. The best of these options is easily volcano since you will get to do 4/8/12/.. damage every turn until you win. Maybe the lands should sacrifice when they use their effects?

Glory Taker WW
    Creature - Human Warrior C
    First Strike
    3/1

Make a card that has forecast.
    Show

27. - Top - End - #1257
    Troll in the Playground

It's a better design than Porcelain Legionnaire, I'll tell you that much.

Prophesied Weird - 3WUBRG
    Creature - Elemental Weird R
    Menace, Vigilance
    Forecast - 2G, reveal this card from your hand: Search your library for a basic land card, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Then shuffle your library. (Activate this ability only during your upkeep and only once each turn.)
    8/8

Challenge! A creature that gets an adrenaline rush on the brink of death!

28. - Top - End - #1258
    Ogre in the Playground

I saw the forecast and got excited, but the rest of the card is a really boring rare that has no business being 5-colored. I think you should have stuck to mono green, and just made it a 7/7 vigilance for 7 or something.

Stoneblood Berserker - 1R
    Creature - Dwarf Berserker - U
    Menace, haste
    Stoneblood Berserker attacks each turn if able.
    At the beginning of your end step, if StoneBlood Berserker didn't attack this turn, sacrifice it.
    When the Stoneblood curse takes hold, the slightest rest can cause your blood to turn solid in your veins.
    2/2

Something else to do with the Stoneblood Curse.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Extended signature

29. - Top - End - #1259
    Dwarf in the Playground

This is a powerful draft uncommon. 2/2 haste menace will be able to get in for quite a bit of damage and since they need to double block you can probably trade your 2/2 for the smaller blocking creature.

Insidious Ancestor 2BB
    Creature - Dwarf Zombie Warlock R
    Guarded - When CARDNAME blocks a creature, CARDNAME cannot be assigned combat damage unless each other creature also blocking that attacker has been assigned combat damage.
    BB, Discard a card : Destroy another target dwarf then create a 3/3 golem artifact creature with defender.
    5/2

Next create another card that fits in a set with these dwarves.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #1260

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjaman View Post
    Stoneblood Berserker - 1R
    Creature - Dwarf Berserker - U
    Menace, haste
    Stoneblood Berserker attacks each turn if able.
    At the beginning of your end step, if StoneBlood Berserker didn't attack this turn, sacrifice it.
    When the Stoneblood curse takes hold, the slightest rest can cause your blood to turn solid in your veins.
    2/2
    Honestly, I see Menace working against this card. Sure, you'll get a turn when your opponent's open because they only have the one blocker, but they only need to have a couple 1/1s to nullify this guy. Plus, flavor-wise, it fits a little better that the foaming-at-the-mouth berserker would just sort of chew through your opponent's defenders.

Something else to do with the Stoneblood Curse.
    Stoneblood Crystalmancer 1U
    Creature - Dwarf Wizard
    Deathtouch
    This creature does not untap during your Untap step.
    "To the turbulent, a curse. To the enlightened, a boon."
    0/4

You know what? Let's keep this rolling. A black, green, or white Stoneblood, please.

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

[+]