Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 62122232425262728293031
  1. - Top - End - #901
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: MtG: YMTC challenge V: Familicide is a CMC 5 Black Sorcery

Quote Originally Posted by Archeoaevis View Post
    Goliath Beetle 3GG
    A beetle bigger than a horse crashes through a barn, sending wood and farm animals flying everywhere around it.
    Creature - Insect Giant (Uncommon)
    Trample
    When Goliath Beetle enters the battlefield, you may destroy target artifact.
    They don't need poison to kill you. The mandibles are good enough.
    3/4
    It seems like a decent anti-artifact creature and a heck of wall. I could see this getting some use... don't really have a lot to say about it otherwise.

Challenge: A card for an unusual tribe, that does something creative with the concept of tribal.
    Traitor of Kin BB7
    Sorcery (Mythic Rare)
    Select a creature type and exile one creature of that type from your hand or your side of the field. Target opponent searches their deck and sends all creatures of that type to the graveyard, then shuffles their deck.
    After years of abuse, Squee finally got his revenge.

Challenge: Build a city on rock and roll.
    Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? 'Course ya do!

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

2. - Top - End - #902
    Halfling in the Playground

This is more of an anti-tribal card, which isn’t the challenge, except for the odd cost of saccing or discarding a creature of the type. Although, with the current wording of the card, you don’t need a creatures hand or in play to cast this.

At the time you cast this (9 mana) you can usually assume that most of the creatures you care about are on the battlefield or in your opponent’s hand.

You need to search their library instead of them, because they could easily grab their library, say “I searched” and then shuffle without putting any creature cards in the graveyard. Since you have no way of confirming the contents of their library in game, you have no way of knowing whether or not they actually had creatures.

When talking about a card anywhere other than on the stack or on the battlefield, you have to say a [type] card.

“On your side of the field” isn’t proper phrasing. You want to say “under your control.”

All that said, your card should look something like:

Traitor of Kin 7BB
    Sorcery- Mythic Rare
    As an additional cost to cast Traitor of Kin, sacrifice a creature or discard a creature card.

Choose one of the sacrificed creature’s creature types. If you do, search target opponent’s library for any number of creature cards with that creature type and put them in their graveyard. They shuffle their library.

It’s a nine mana sorcery that doesn’t impact the board at all. It’s also only playable against very specific matchups, but even then it’s not good. I assume you made this because you and your friend each have an Ur-Dragon Commander deck and you wanted to get a leg up.

Buildings of Stone 5
    Artifact-R
    6,T: roll a die. Create a number of 1/1 white citizen creature tokens equal to the result.

the twisting alleyways made invading forces never quite sure where holdouts were

There, rocks and rolls.

Challenge- something with 10 or less words of rule text.
    Last edited by BasketOfPuppies; Yesterday at 03:08 AM.

3. - Top - End - #903

Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    Buildings of Stone 5
    Artifact-R
    6,T: roll a die. Create a number of 1/1 white citizen creature tokens equal to the result.

the twisting alleyways made invading forces never quite sure where holdouts were

There, rocks and rolls.
    Sarcasm aside, it seems like a good addition to a token deck. Paired with the likes of Thopter Spy Network, I could see this overwhelming with sheer numbers pretty easily.

Challenge- something with 10 or less words of rule text.
    (O)Ambitious Neophyte 1R
    Creature - Human Warrior (Rare)
    R6 - Transform Ambitious Neophyte.
    1/1
    "Are you the prey?"

(])Wrathful Behemoth
    Creature - Giant Warrior
    Trample, Double Strike, Menace
    4/6
    "No, we are the hunters!"

Challenge! Make a creature that transforms to its detriment.
    Last edited by Ironsmith; Yesterday at 07:08 AM.
    Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? 'Course ya do!

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

4. - Top - End - #904
    Dwarf in the Playground

(O)Ambitious Neophyte 1R
    1/1
    "Are you the prey?"

(])Wrathful Behemoth
    Creature - Giant Warrior
    4/6
    So the transform cost is 6R, 6 colorless and 1 red? I don't understand from the story the card is telling how the human turns into a giant. Otherwise seems like an ok kickerish card. The un transformed side should be more connected to the flip, maybe give it a keyword? Trample or Menace?

Pactflayer 1BB
    Creature - Demon
    At the beginning of your turn you lose a life and draw a card.
    If CARDNAME would die instead exile it, then return it to the battlefield transformed and attached to you.
    "Power of any cost you say? Hahaha, mortals are so foolish."
    4/4
    //
    Pact of Blood [back color]
    Enchantment - Curse
    Enchant Player
    At the beginning of enchanted player's upkeep, that player loses 2 life, then they may pay 2 life if they do they draw a card.
    "The cost is never worth the price."

Make a card with the the word " Curse in the name or rule text.
    Last edited by Quiddle; Yesterday at 10:15 AM.

5. - Top - End - #905

ElfMonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Ironsmith View Post
    Sarcasm aside, it seems like a good addition to a token deck. Paired with the likes of Thopter Spy Network, I could see this overwhelming with sheer numbers pretty easily.

(O)Ambitious Neophyte 1R
    1/1
    "Are you the prey?"

(])Wrathful Behemoth
    Creature - Giant Warrior
    4/6

Challenge! Make a creature that transforms to its detriment.
    For a rare, the front side could probably be buffed up a bit. Make it a 2/2, maybe give it a keyword, and perhaps change the transform cost to 6 mana, since it is rather vulnerable in its first form. This is a pretty clean design and reference, though, so that's good!
    Unstable Newblood BB
    Creature- Vampire Warrior(U)
    Lifelink
    Whenever a creature an opponent controls dies, transform Unstable Newblood.
    3/3

Bloodcrazed Villager
    Creature- Human Vampire
    Whenever a creature an opponent controls dies, transform Bloodcrazed Villager.
    1/1

Challenge: Something that goes into group-hug (multiplayer deck that helps everyone out)!

6. - Top - End - #906
    Troll in the Playground

I'm not sure I understand the Newblood. The mechanics are great! Your opponent has a lot of control over what happens to it, but they have to balance the temptation to make bad trades with the knowledge that you do probably have some removal that can transform it back again, and that seems like a fun dynamic. I just have no idea what it means for Innistrad in general. "Oh no, what have I done! I don't wanna be a vampire anymore! lol jk *chomp*" ...come to think of it, that sounds about right. I retract all objections!

Archon of Clean Fighting - 2WW
    Creature - Archon R
    When this creature enters the battlefield, starting with you, each player chooses a creature or planeswalker and exiles it.
    Flying
    As with any referee, an archon is typically not allowed to enter a contest that it's currently judging.
    5/5

Challenge! Make a 1-mana card that you mostly want to play on turn 1, but that also gets some value if you discard it to a looting effect later.
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; Yesterday at 08:38 PM.
    Leolin, Natalie, Edith, Joan.