Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: MtG: YMTC challenge V: Familicide is a CMC 5 Black Sorcery

I think a 6/6 for 4 is a bit much even considering the drawback given that from what I recall most red decks can and will simply play all the creatures they want to play before this as most red decks have few to no spells costing more than 3 mana.

Spelleater Goblin RR
    Creature - Goblin Shaman R
    Whenever you cast a spell put a +1/+1 Counter on ~
    Whenever an opponent casts a spell put a -1/1 Counter on ~
    2/2
    It will eat anything even things that are bad for it - Terab, Human Scholar

Challenge: Create a non green non artifact creature that can be tapped for mana

2. - Top - End - #452
    Troll in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Without haste, you'll have to play catch up with your opponent just to keep it alive and make it worth RR; don't even think about multiplayer on this one. I'm sure there's a better design space for these combination of abilities than in an aggro card, and certainly a more appropriate color than R.

Master Ing, the Malconvoker 3BB
    Legendary Creature - Human Cleric M
    T, Sacrifice another creature: Add an amount of B to your mana pool equal to twice the sacrificed creature's converted mana cost.
    Whenever you sacrifice a nontoken creature, you may search your library for a Demon card. If you do, reveal it, then shuffle your library.
    3/3

Make another card referencing a "nonmortal" race, or another card referencing a D&D guide. Bonus points for both!
    Last edited by ben-zayb; 2018-01-06 at 07:29 PM. Reason: another

3. - Top - End - #453
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ben-zayb View Post
    Master Ing, the Malconvoker 3BB
    Legendary Creature - Human Cleric M
    T, Sacrifice another creature: Add an amount of B to your mana pool equal to twice the sacrificed creature's converted mana cost.
    Whenever you sacrifice a nontoken creature, you may search your library for a Demon card. If you do, reveal it, then shuffle your library.
    3/3
    I assume you meant to put the Demon into your hand, but it's funnier if you didn't. The card seems pretty good even if you didn't; the ramp is powerful, but not too powerful. I'd worry about it getting out of control, but on thought I don't think it can get *too* strong. It gets a little strong with Paradox Engine, but Paradox Engine is a really strong card. I could see this getting printed.

Make another card referencing a "nonmortal" race, or another card referencing a D&D guide. Bonus points for both!
    Lich's Doorway -- 4
    Artifact -- Uncommon
    Zombies and Skeletons you control have +1/+1 and vigilance.

Challenge: A Kavu, or a Badger. Bonus points for a Kavu Badger.
    LGBTitP
    Proudly Founded Team 2

"Everyone starts off making garbage.
    If you finally make something halfway
    decent, it'll be the best day of your life."
    Nehra, inventor

4. - Top - End - #454
    Barbarian in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

EDIT: Lich's Doorway seems alright. Zombies are big enough that an EDH deck will appreciate the support, and Skeletons could always use some love. The cost could maybe be bumped down to three, since although it's a more powerful anthem, it only applies to the two types.

Fierce // Kavu- 2R
    Host Creature - Kavu (C)
    1R: // This creature gains +1/+1 until end of turn.
    2/2

Badger-//
    Creature - Badger (U)
    When this creature attacks, //
    Augment 2G
    +2/+2

The double slashes indicate where the augments join with the host. I tried to be creative with the prompt, sue me.

Challenge: Something with Ascend, from Rivals of Ixalan!
    Last edited by mythmonster2; 2018-01-07 at 09:58 AM.

5. - Top - End - #455
    Ogre in the Playground

First off, I wholeheartedly approve of this approach to the challenge and it is exceedingly wonderful. But! Host creatures ALWAYS just have an ETB trigger, and I think it's specifically to prevent cases like this where you're covering up an activated ability that's usually superior to the new one. We can quickly fix this by giving the Kavu Haste though, so it's not a huge problem. I also kind of want to rename the Badger half to "Honey-" for additional meme value.

Spoiler: Wait this doesn't fit the challenge anymore WHY DOES THIS KEEP HAPPENING
    Show
    The Mother Lode
    Land - MR
    The Mother Lode enters the battlefield tapped.
    T, pay 1 life: Create a Treasure artifact token with, "T, sacrifice this artifact: add one mana of any color to your mana pool."

Hyperkulturemia W
    Enchantment - Aura R
    Ascend (When you have 10 or more permanents, you gain The City's Blessing for the rest of the game.)
    Enchant Creature (I knew I forgot something!)
    Enchanted creature can't attack.
    At the beginning of your upkeep, if you have The City's Blessing, exile enchanted creature.

Challenge! A 2- or 3-power flier in White with an ability that triggers when it dies.
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2018-01-07 at 10:32 PM.
    Natalie, Leolin, Kimiko.

6. - Top - End - #456

ElfMonkGuy

Edited my post to include a review of Lich's Doorway, since I forgot to do that before.

7. - Top - End - #457

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Gunsforhands View Post
    Spoiler: Wait this doesn't fit the challenge anymore WHY DOES THIS KEEP HAPPENING
    Show
    The Mother Lode
    Land - MR
    The Mother Lode enters the battlefield tapped.
    T, pay 1 life: Create a Treasure artifact token with, "T, sacrifice this artifact: add one mana of any color to your mana pool."

Mana Confluence + storage, with incidental Revel in Riches and general artifact synergy. Too strong for Constructed, although probably fine in limited.

Hyperkulturemia W
    Enchantment - Aura R
    Ascend (When you have 10 or more permanents, you gain The City's Blessing for the rest of the game.)
    Enchanted creature can't attack.
    At the beginning of your upkeep, if you have The City's Blessing, exile enchanted creature.
    You forgot to write "Enchant creature" on there, but that's fine. It's implied by the "enchanted creature" being referenced.

I like this use of Ascend; it's very clean, and also very useful. Probably a little bit too useful for Constructed, though. I also don't like the rarity; nobody wants a 1 mana removal spell as their rare in a pack. Overall, though, it's a neat and probably printable design (besides the rarity thing).

Challenge! A 2- or 3-power flier in White with an ability that triggers when it dies.
    Spoiler: This is a joke. I'm not sure it fits the challenge, either.
    Show
    Ascended {
    Uncommon -- Creature -- Spirit
    When this creature dies,

Flying
    Augment 2W
    +2/+1

Wind Geist -- 2W
    Creature -- Spirit -- Uncommon
    Haunt (When this creature dies, exile it haunting target creature.)
    Wind Geist and the creature it haunts have flying.
    2/3

Challenge: Bring back another old mechanic. Bonus points if it's one that's actually interesting.
    LGBTitP
    Proudly Founded Team 2

Nehra, inventor

8. - Top - End - #458
    Troll in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Haunt being ETB effects on creatures had that problem of being "unsticky", and this static effect IMO is a good work around for that. Haunt made more sense on creatures, anyway, so just removing the different sorcery/instant Haunt mechanics and just adding more creatures like these might have been better.

Haku of the Thousand Shards UB
    Legendary Creature - Moonfolk Ninja R
    Ninjutsu 3UB
    You may exert ~ as it attacks. If you do, target creature can't be blocked until end of turn.
    4/1

Make another legendary card that you don't mind having multiple copies of in your deck, or another card that offers plenty of combat choices. Bonus for both.

9. - Top - End - #459
    Ogre in the Playground

I can find no reason for this ninja to have Ninjutsu. The ability can't actually trigger when you ninja it into play, and it doesn't have any on-hit abilities aside from the high attack power. The second ability is pretty interesting, making Haku average out as about a 2/1 unblockable when he works really hard to... plan... or whatever. I guess the idea is that you can bounce him for other ninjas and re-play him to dodge the exertion drawback? That's a fun puzzle to think about, but the main draw is still going to be that he's a 4/1 for 2, which probably wasn't your intention.

Visara the Grandiose 2BBB
    Legendary Creature - Gorgon MR
    When Visara the Grandiose enters or the battlefield or dies, exile target creature an opponent controls.
    Whenever Visara deals damage to a creature, exile that creature.
    "Let them crumble. I don't need statues to secure my legacy."
    4/5

Challenge! A mono-blue flier that you might want to send back to your hand for value, but usually not for a few turns after you play it.
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2018-01-09 at 09:49 PM.
    Natalie, Leolin, Kimiko.

10. - Top - End - #460
    Troll in the Playground

PirateCaptain

^ The idea is that it's a consistent 4 damage per turn for 3UB on a non-empty board, if you ninjutsu another Haku from your hand. But getting that damage for free on an empty board as early as turn 3 is intended
    Last edited by ben-zayb; 2018-01-10 at 03:49 AM.

11. - Top - End - #461

OldWizardGuy

Overall, a very nice Gorgon. Nice body, and so works as a blocker, can see her paired with Vangards Shield and Echo Circlet to really get as many extras as possible... and if you add white, High Ground and Brave the Sands make her obscene in a Black/White deck :P Just add in a first strike, and she becomes, with a bit of work, a wall of serpentine doom.

Timerift Darter UU
    Creature- Bird R
    Flying
    Whenever ~ deals combat damage to a player, place a time counter on ~.
    At the end of your turn, you may Scry X, where X is the number of time counters on X and draw a card. Then return ~ to your hand.
    1/1

Next challenge; A fox!
    Summer Job has started, and eats a lot of time, particularly on weekends. Replies my be delayed.

12. - Top - End - #462
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: MtG: YMTC challenging ge V: Familicide is a CMC 5 Black Sorcery

Interesting use of time counters. To keep from being abused, maybe a different type, i.e. Scout counters or something?

Clever Fox
    1G/U
    Creature - Fox
    When you cast a spell or activate an ability that says draw a card, you may scry 1. This happens before the card is drawn.
    0/1

Challenge: make Disjunction a spell.
    Welcome to more wonderful tomfoolery, scandal, adventure, and murdering of horrible, horrible frogs!

Always take ranks in profession (dungeon inspector)

Amazing avatar by the magnificent Linkele

GNU Terry Pratchett

Have you read your Brandon Sanderson today?

13. - Top - End - #463

OldWizardGuy

To be entirely honest, as it was a creature charge counters would not work, and +1/+1 counters would mean that you'd want to keep it on the field instead of popping it back into your hand after a few turns to pull off the scry and draw. Time just seemed to fit overall :P
    Summer Job has started, and eats a lot of time, particularly on weekends. Replies my be delayed.

14. - Top - End - #464
    Pixie in the Playground

Yeah...
    Or maybe scry counters?
    Welcome to more wonderful tomfoolery, scandal, adventure, and murdering of horrible, horrible frogs!

GNU Terry Pratchett

15. - Top - End - #465

ElfMonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by LeMooseImperium View Post
    Interesting use of time counters. To keep from being abused, maybe a different type, i.e. Scout counters or something?

Clever Fox
    1G/U
    Creature - Fox
    When you cast a spell or activate an ability that says draw a card, you may scry 1. This happens before the card is drawn.
    0/1

Challenge: make Disjunction a spell.
    This could definitely be a blue card, but I'm not so sure about it being mono-G. Green can bend its color pie as long as the effect is stapled to a creature, but this seems a bit too bendy even for that. Honestly, I do like the idea of foxes being G/U, though. As animals, they fit into green, while in folklore, they frequently embody ideas of cunning and cleverness.

Making a Disjunction that's not just Purify is a bit tricky... let's see what we can do.
    Mordenkainen's Disjunction- 3WW
    Sorcery (R)
    Destroy all artifacts and enchantments. For each artifact destroyed this way, its owner creates a colorless Treasure artifact token with "T, Sacrifice this artifact: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool." If a legendary permanent is destroyed this way, create a 5/5 white Elemental creature token.

A bit all over the place, but hopefully simulates the fact that it's just turning the artifacts nonmagical and the mentioned possibility of attracting powerful beings by destroying a (D&D style) artifact.
    Challenge: Something undead!

16. - Top - End - #466

Quote Originally Posted by LeMooseImperium View Post
    Clever Fox
    1G/U
    Creature - Fox
    0/1
    I think the wording you're looking for is "If you would draw a card, instead you may Scry 1 and draw a card. If you don't, draw a card."

Quote Originally Posted by mythmonster2 View Post
    Mordenkainen's Disjunction- 3WW
    Sorcery (R)
    Destroy all artifacts and enchantments. For each artifact destroyed this way, its owner creates a colorless Treasure artifact token with "T, Sacrifice this artifact: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool." If a legendary permanent is destroyed this way, create a 5/5 white Elemental creature token.
    "A bit all over the place" is accurate. It seems... okay? I don't think anyone would actually use it, though, unless it was a slow, artifact-heavy Standard. Even then... probably not. Depending on the set, it's completely useless in Limited as well. It's a good fit for the challenge, but... it just isn't what you want in a rare.

Challenge: Something undead!
    Ceaseless Skeleton -- 1BB
    Creature -- Skeleton -- Uncommon
    At the beginning of each upkeep, regenerate target Skeleton you control.
    2/2

Challenge: Unicorn tribal card. Bonus points if it's actually Tribal.
    LGBTitP
    Proudly Founded Team 2

Nehra, inventor

17. - Top - End - #467

OldWizardGuy

Overall, a nice little addition to a undead army. Can see it having a lot of use, and quickly becoming a staple for black decks. After all, keeping minions around is often a very good thing. Not a bad body either, and reasonable price.

Dorast, Herdmaster 3WG
    Legendary Creature- Unicorn MR
    Protection from Black and Blue, First Strike
    Whenever another Unicorn enters the battlefield, place a +1/+1 counter on all unicorns you control
    Tap a unicorn; Gain X life, where X is the tapped Unicorns toughness
    4/6

Next Challenge; Something for an dark elf.

18. - Top - End - #468
    Ogre in the Playground

The last ability seems a little excessive, but I don't know what would better get the point across. Come to think of it, I have some trouble figuring out what the point of this thing is. It's not that it's bad so much as it seems to be doing a little of everything. Maybe if it gave all of your unicorns Lifelink, so you can get the life, take advantage of the counters and still attack? Then you could probably get away with dropping some other keywords; if you're throwing around lifegain and counters and protection all over the place, there is no way I'm also remembering that the 4/6 has first strike for some reason. The oh dear me it's even better than I thought effect can be very positive on some cards, though, so maybe it can work. I guess it kind of depends on what the other tribal unicorns in the theoretical unicorn set are doing.

Hide the Scars 1G
    Instant - U
    Prevent the next 1 damage that would be dealt to each creature you control this turn. For each 1 damage prevented to a creature this way, put a +1/+1 counter on that creature.
    The elves' best armor is reserved for veterans, to cover up any ugliness that has been inflicted upon them.

Spoiler: Hide the Scars Mk. II
    Show
    Hide the Scars G
    Instant - C (Return to Lorwyn set symbol)
    (B/G Elves faction watermark)
    Prevent the next 3 damage that would be dealt to target creature this turn. If that creature is an elf, put a +1/+1 counter on it for each 1 damage prevented this way.
    The elves' best armor is reserved for veterans, to cover up any ugliness that has been inflicted upon them.

Challenge! Make something that smokes!
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2018-01-11 at 01:16 AM.
    Natalie, Leolin, Kimiko.

19. - Top - End - #469

OldWizardGuy

To be entirely honest, based it partially off a D&D unicorn. Protection from Evil/Black? Long Horn to have a touch longer reach then the typical horse? Giving unicorns a 'limited times per X' healing ability? I mostly added in Protection from blue to be protection from mind screwing, and the +1/+1 counters are for pseudo support/Calvary has arrived.

Also, I wanted to have the healing ability be a sort of... pacifistic thing? For flavor reasons, to be used for defense, not as part of an offensive action.... and yeah, could remove the last ability to replace it with 'Tap a unicorn you control; Proliferate. You may only activate this only as a sorcery and once per turn' and place the orginal on my next entry.

Hide the Scars, very nice, and awesome flavor text. Cheap cost for good effect, though I liked the mark 2 had an elf only counter restriction, it would fit the smug bastards. As is, takes a usually white ability, and makes it fit very well, and would love to see this in an elf deck...mainly to see the blocking... then bumping, then repeat as needed until the armored legions crush the foe under polished heel :P

Candis, Medical Unicorn 2WG
    Legendary Creature- Unicorn Druid MR
    Protection from Black
    Whenever a Unicorn enters the battlefield, Unicorns you control gain Absorb 2 until the end of the turn
    Tap a unicorn; Gain X life, where X is the tapped Unicorns toughness. You may activate this only as a sorcery, and only once per turn.
    "Like, peace to all my two legged and four legged brothers and sisters!"
    1/5

Next Challenge; A third legendary unicorn for the set :P
    Last edited by Warmatt; 2018-01-11 at 10:21 AM.

20. - Top - End - #470
    Pixie in the Playground

What is absorb? Is it limited protection or damage reduction, to use a d&d metaphor?

Garyl, Unicorn Archmage 1UUU
    Creature - Unicorn Illusion Wizard
    At the beginning of your upkeep, create a 1/1 blue Unicorn Illusion creature token with vanishing 3 and haste.
    Vanishing 6
    1UUU: Put a time counter on Garyl.
    2/2

Make yet another unicorn.

GNU Terry Pratchett

21. - Top - End - #471
    Ogre in the Playground

If anything, the archmage might be too expensive for what it does, considering that Brimaz and that one new saproling-dryad exist. It's also funny that making the first non-selesnya unicorn in the cycle you accidentally gave it the most obviously-selesnya ability. Now, the vague idea of Unicorns as Congealed Timestuff Brought to Life might have legs, but it's hard to see it with just tokens.

Spoiler
    Show
    Eunuch Horn 3
    Artifact - U
    When Eunuch Horn enters the battlefield, create a 2/1 white Human Cleric creature token.
    W, T, Discard a card: Create a 2/1 white Human Cleric creature token.

Uni-dog 1W
    Creature - Unicorn Hound C
    When Uni-dog dies, you may destroy target enchantment.
    Oh man, Ben-zayb is right! Corndog is a much better name. Curse that siren song of Axe Cop references!
    2/2

Challenge! An aura with flash that doesn't actually affect combat math.
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2018-01-11 at 11:26 PM.
    Natalie, Leolin, Kimiko.

22. - Top - End - #472
    Troll in the Playground

PirateCaptain

I am a bit disappointed with the missed opportunity to name it Corndog. It's decent for its rarity, but I guess I was just expecting more from a non-Simic hybrid creature. Safer, cheaper, and simpler, but less versatile Reliquary Monk should be more than fine.

Gift of Ashiok 2BB
    Enchantment - Aura R
    Flash
    Enchant permanent
    Whenever enchanted permanent deals damage, its controller discards that much cards.

Make another card referencing a planeswalker, or another card that targets permanents. Bonus for both.

23. - Top - End - #473
    Ogre in the Playground

This is a quite expensive, really bad removal spell, at rare. Eh.
    Never mind, just realized it had flash and therefore is actually usable. Might even be too good then, but it's probably fair. Just making it an instant for 1BB might be better design though.

Garruk Smash - 2GB
    Sorcery - R
    Destroy target permanent.
    That's my secret Gideon, I'm always angry.

Another card that can both remove creatures and something that isn't creatures.
    Last edited by Ninjaman; 2018-01-12 at 04:49 AM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Cizak View Post
    I'm gonna be against the flow here and say outlined.

What? Everyone else are against the flow too, okay?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    In the grim statistics of the far future, there is only math.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    Most Hilarious Murderer in the Playground. Both his episodes of hysterically ending my life left me chuckling even hours later when I thought about them.
    And more in the extended signature!

Extended signature

24. - Top - End - #474
    Titan in the Playground

Hi Vindicate, you're looking a bit green. Probably better colours, but... the name. Really? He's not Thog.

Memories of Annihilation XXC
    Instant - R
    Target player sacrifices X permanents.
    You can beat the monster in front of you, but you can never beat the monster in your own head.

Spoiler: More spells on this theme, but that don't fit the challenge
    Show
    Rampaging Memories XG
    Instant - R
    Target creature gets +X/+X until end of turn for each creature blocking it beyond the first.
    You can beat the enemy, but you can never beat your own anger.

Memory of Provocation 1G
    Instant - R
    Untap target creature you don't control. It blocks target creature you control this turn if able.
    Draw a card.
    You can stop anyone who gets in your way, but you can't stop your own violent thoughts.

Memory of the Storm XXXU
    Instant - R
    Copy target spell X times. You choose new targets for each copy.
    You can win the battle, but there's no winning against the raging storm.

Next: Another "Memory"-style card that brings back a reference to an old mechanic, but that doesn't break the Storm Scale directly by bringing back something that shouldn't be there.
    Like my homebrew? Donate to help me produce more!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jormengand View Post
    You know, it would be really meta if I sigged this.
    Transgender Pansexual NOMAP

25. - Top - End - #475
    Ogre in the Playground

It seems cool! You have to pay a fair amount of mana before it gets out of hand in terms of board state, 2-mana-per-card card advantage is usually okay, and a colorless requirement is weird enough that not every deck will want to run it even though it's pretty good. And of course it's completely on-message for the old-school Eldrazi shtick. Playtesting might reveal that it feels gross when it really goes off, but control players and Timmies usually like such blowouts so I'm optimistic.

Buy Back R
    Instant - R
    If target instant or sorcery spell would be put into a graveyard as it resolves, return it to its owner's hand instead.
    "Because yes, I am a sorcerer - and this magic is in my bones, not cribbed off of Magic for Dummies. And I can keep casting the same friggin' spell at you until you roll over and die."
    - Xykon

Challenge! Make a card that you can play three times!
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2018-01-12 at 11:55 PM.
    Natalie, Leolin, Kimiko.

26. - Top - End - #476

ElfMonkGuy

Buy Back R
    Instant - R
    If target instant or sorcery spell would be put into a graveyard as it resolves, return it to its owner's hand instead.
    "Because yes, I am a sorcerer - and this magic is in my bones, not cribbed off of Magic for Dummies. And I can keep casting the same friggin' spell at you until you roll over and die."
    - Xykon

Challenge! Make a card that you can play three times!
    This seems like it could be quite broken in some eternal formats. Storm, I think, would love it.
    Sparkstorm R
    Enchantment (U)
    When Sparkstorm enters the battlefield, it deals 1 damage to target creature or player.
    R, sacrifice Sparkstorm: Sparkstorm deals 1 damage to target creature or player.
    R, exile Sparkstorm from your graveyard: Sparkstorm deals 1 damage to target creature or player.
    "They say lightning never strikes the same place twice. I take that as a challenge."

Not exactly what the challenge asked for, but it has been 10 days since it was issued.

Challenge: Something with no more than one line of rules text!
    Last edited by mythmonster2; 2018-01-22 at 06:10 PM.

27. - Top - End - #477

OldWizardGuy

As it stands, could see it with Aftermath instead of the exile from the graveyard, but all in all a very nice cheap red enchantment. Affordable, and can just see it being played turn three and zapping something nasty :P Really, as long as you have the three red mana, more then fits the challenge.

Mundan, The Simple 6
    Legendary creature- Human Monk MR
    ~ has +2/+2 for each other permanent with an ability or keyword in play.
    "He draws great strength from the complexity of others."
    2/2

It's an attempt anyway.

Next challenge; Something referencing enlightenment!

28. - Top - End - #478
    Ogre in the Playground

I think they're trying to avoid making you have to count stuff on your opponent's permanents now. I don't think you realize how expansive the current version is. 'Having abilities,' describes every permanent with a text box, not to mention basic lands, which all have Activated Mana Abilities associated with their types. It would be interesting to see this for one or two particular keywords, or for something to get buffed based on the number of different keyword abilities on creatures you control for the funny Akroma synergy.

Yoda's Enlightenment W
    Enchantment - Aura U
    Flash, Enchant You
    Whenever enchanted you draw a card, enchanted you may return Yoda's Enlightenment to its owner's hand.
    No good is Prowess without wisdom.

Challenge! Something that represents paying someone to look the other way.
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2018-01-22 at 11:48 PM.
    Natalie, Leolin, Kimiko.

29. - Top - End - #479

Yoda's Enlightenment W
    Enchantment - Aura R
    Enchant You
    Whenever enchanted you draw a card, if enchanted you own Yoda's Enlightenment, enchanted you may return Yoda's Enlightenment to your hand.
    I'd replace "Enchant You" with "Enchant player who controls Yoda's Enlightenment". Then you can say "Enchanted player" instead of "enchanted you", which feels really weird. That said, this seems like a really janky, rather fun combo-piece with Constellation. This plus Eidolon of Blossoms basically gives you "W: Draw a card", which is powerful, but it's a 4 mana bear and an enchantment that otherwise does nothing. Probably okay.

Challenge! Something that represents paying someone to look the other way.
    Corrupt Official -- 1W
    Creature -- Human Advisor -- Rare
    Players can't cast spells. Any player may pay 1 to ignore this effect until end of turn.
    2/2

Rare because of power levels (nobody wants to face multiple of these in limited) rather than complexity.

Challenge: Either "Enchanted player loses the game" or "Target player loses the game" should appear somewhere in your card.
    LGBTitP
    Proudly Founded Team 2

Nehra, inventor

30. - Top - End - #480
    Titan in the Playground

Incidentally, you can definitely say "Enchant you" and then "Whenever enchanted player..." the same way you can do with "Enchant creature or planeswalker." "Enchanted permanent has..."

Corrupt official isn't a fun effect to be able to access fairly cheaply. Potentially very powerful in lockdown: your opponent can't play a 2-drop on turn 2 or 3 if you have two of them in opening, for example, and if you can combine it with an effect that lets you use spells without casting them (a 1-drop spellshaper or equivalent, maybe? I don't know), it could be very powerful. I don't see it adding to the game so much as just annoying people.

Join my Army of the Dead!
    Scheme
    When you set this scheme in motion, create a black legendary aura enchantment token called "Final Curse" with "Enchant opponent" and "When enchanted player loses the game, create a 10/10 black and white zombie angel creature token with flying and indestructible."

Next: Another scheme!
    Last edited by Jormengand; 2018-01-23 at 06:17 AM.
    Like my homebrew? Donate to help me produce more!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jormengand View Post
    You know, it would be really meta if I sigged this.
    Transgender Pansexual NOMAP