Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5202122232425262728293031 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #871
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: MtG: YMTC challenge V: Familicide is a CMC 5 Black Sorcery

Quote Originally Posted by Quiddle View Post
    Your creature seems really strong, especially for a common. The ability to continually remove any creatures with 2 or less toughness is super powerful and oppressive. For 3, your creature does more than that. It also can destroy bigger creatures and attack with 3 power. This is too strong and complicated for a common.
    also the ability would read as:

-Deal 2 damage to target creature.
    -Destroy target creature if it has 4 or less toughness. Sacrifice Goblin Bombardier.

Most abilities that sacrifice a permanent have the sacrifice in the cost because otherwise you could respond to the ability by flickering your card and be able to circumvent the sacrifice cost. Maybe "-Sacrifice CARDNAME, if you do destroy target creature if it has 4 or less toughness." would be how it is worded.
    I mean, it's not too impressive, considering there's a lot of common monsters with toughness 3 or more and a CMC of 3 or less, and it still has to be tapped to use any of these abilities, and it's more expensive than most of Red's instant damage effects. Plus, it's attack of 3 is also effectively a suicide play, since it only takes a power 1 monster to kill it.

End the game card:

The God Pharaoh's Reward B
    Instant
    Draw 7 cards, you lose the game.
    "You have bested the trials, claim your reward."
    Okay, played to the letter of the challenge, but not the spirit; instant loss isn't something you really want to play, so why would you ever have this in your deck?

Make a card that exiles itself or a card that processes cards in exile.
    Visitor From Another Realm 5
    Creature - Shapeshifter (Uncommon)
    -Exile Visitor From Another Realm: return a creature from the exile zone to the field.
    0/5
    The size of creation does not end with the planes.

Challenge: make a card that's also a feghoot.
    Last edited by Ironsmith; 2019-02-11 at 01:05 PM.
    Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? 'Course ya do!

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

2. - Top - End - #872
    Pixie in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Ironsmith View Post
    I mean, it's not too impressive, considering there's a lot of common monsters with toughness 3 or more and a CMC of 3 or less, and it still has to be tapped to use any of these abilities, and it's more expensive than most of Red's instant damage effects. Plus, it's attack of 3 is also effectively a suicide play, since it only takes a power 1 monster to kill it.

Okay, played to the letter of the challenge, but not the spirit; instant loss isn't something you really want to play, so why would you ever have this in your deck?

Visitor From Another Realm 5
    Creature - Shapeshifter (Uncommon)
    -Exile Visitor From Another Realm: return a creature from the exile zone.
    0/5
    The size of creation does not end with the planes.

Challenge: make a card that's also a feghoot.
    First of all, I feel like Eldrazi would fit the creature type better, but that's just my opinion. But there's a huge rules issue with this card. When you exile it, where is the card getting returned to? Hand? Graveyard? Battlefield? The answer makes a huge difference on how well this card works. Also a small wording error ("the exile zone", instead of just "exile"), but that's not too important.

I tried with the feghoot thing. Hopefully this turned out okay.

Skeletal Whiplasher 3B
    Creature - Skeleton Rogue (Uncommon)
    When Skeletal Whiplasher enters the battlefield, all other creatures get -1/-1 until end of turn.
    "No, no! Stop! Why are you beating our own dead horses?"
    - Ghoulcaller Gisa

2/2

Challenge: A common that could be good in Modern.
    "Urgh... That bedamned clapperclaw blocks the path!"

3. - Top - End - #873

ElfMonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Archeoaevis View Post
    Skeletal Whiplasher 3B
    Creature - Skeleton Rogue (Uncommon)
    When Skeletal Whiplasher enters the battlefield, all other creatures get -1/-1 until end of turn.
    "No, no! Stop! Why are you beating our own dead horses?"
    - Ghoulcaller Gisa

2/2

Challenge: A common that could be good in Modern.
    I like it, a decent sideboard card against token strategies, and of a balanced power level. Good joke, too!

Make Into Myth W
    Instant (C)
    Exile target artifact.
    Sometimes the legend of a sword is needed more than a sword.

Challenge: A planeswalker that breaks the standard formula (So something like Kaya, Ghost Assassin, Sarkhan the Mad, or Garruk Relentless)

4. - Top - End - #874
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

It's ridiculously good in Angel's Grace decks, mainly. Given that it's only playable in one of the most broken decks in Modern anyway, I don't think that they'll ever print a card that lets you draw 7 for B, because that's too strong.

Quote Originally Posted by mythmonster2 View Post
    Make Into Myth W
    Instant (C)
    Exile target artifact.
    Sometimes the legend of a sword is needed more than a sword.

Challenge: A planeswalker that breaks the standard formula (So something like Kaya, Ghost Assassin, Sarkhan the Mad, or Garruk Relentless)
    Probably fine, although a little odd.

Planeguard Insurgent 3UR
    Planeswalker MR
    At the beginning of your upkeep, put a loyalty counter on Planeguard Insurgent for each planeswalker you control named "Planeguard Insurgent".
    0: Draw a card.
    -X: Planeguard Insurgent deals X damage to any target.
    -6: Search your library for any number of cards named Planeguard Insurgent and put them onto the battlefield, then shuffle your library.
    [3]

Next: Another nonlegendary planeswalker.
    Last edited by Unavenger; 2019-02-11 at 05:59 PM.

5. - Top - End - #875
    Troll in the Playground

Draw card deal damage, draw card deal damage, bluuuh. Mythic that needs multiple copies to work right, fuuurther bluuuh. I do like the overall effect of this card, though. Mechanically, the idea of a nonlegendary planeswalker seems fine to me, and my headcanon tells me that Izzet is probably where they'd be. In reality, of course, it'll just never happen, because the planeswalkers are meant first and foremost to be the main characters of M:tG cinematic universe, and whoever heard of a group of headline superheroes without names? ...and no, Youngblood doesn't count.

Invader Provocateur - 2B
    Planeswalker - Irken U
    (Nonlegendary planeswalkers aren't subject to the Uniqueness Rule.)
    (This means we had to update the comp rules before printing this.)
    (That's fine.)

+1: Until your next turn, target creature attacks you each combat if able. (Not a planeswalker you control.)
    -3: Destroy target tapped creature.
    Loyalty: 2

Challenge! Make a creature that cares about a creature type, but is in a color that doesn't usually feature that creature type.

V Oh! The U you're seeing is the rarity symbol; it stands for Uncommon.
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2019-02-12 at 12:54 AM.
    Leolin, Natalie, Edith, Joan.

6. - Top - End - #876

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Gunsforhands View Post
    Invader Provocateur - 2B
    Planeswalker - Irken U
    (Nonlegendary planeswalkers aren't subject to the Uniqueness Rule.)
    (This means we had to update the comp rules before printing this.)
    (That's fine.)

+1: Until your next turn, target creature attacks you each combat if able. (Not a planeswalker you control.)
    -3: Destroy target tapped creature.
    Loyalty: 2
    For a card that works to provoke the opponent, this seems awfully fragile. Two, maybe three loyalty counters are pretty easy to dislodge; this guy's one Lightning Bolt away from being removed as soon as he arrives, and far more expensive. Also, I have to wonder why he needs Black mana to summon, but is considered Blue?

Challenge! Make a creature that cares about a creature type, but is in a color that doesn't usually feature that creature type.
    The Fallen BBBBBB
    Legendary Creature - Demon Angel (Rare)
    During your upkeep phase, target Angel comes under your control, and is considered a Demon in addition to its other types. If you are the only player that has Angels on the field, sacrifice one.
    6/6
    I don't believe I need any introduction.

Challenge: Stay in the game, despite having 0 life.

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

7. - Top - End - #877

ElfMonkGuy

The Fallen BBBBBB
    Legendary Creature - Demon Angel (Rare)
    During your upkeep phase, target Angel comes under your control, and is considered a Demon in addition to its other types. If you are the only player that has Angels on the field, sacrifice one.
    6/6
    I don't believe I need any introduction.

Challenge: Stay in the game, despite having 0 life.
    To be honest, this is an extremely weak card. 6 mana for a 6/6 vanilla creature that pretty much forces you to be in mono-black is not good, and then there's the fact that if nobody else has an angel, you have to sacrifice it on your next turn. This could use some keywords, cut back on the colored symbols, and lose the sacrifice part entirely, and it'd still probably be just OK. The flavor is good, but the gameplay definitely suffers for it.

Soldiers' Faith 2WW
    Enchantment (MR)
    As long as you control a creature, you can't lose the game and your opponents can't win the game.
    At the beginning of your upkeep, if you control no creatures, you lose the game.
    If you would be dealt damage, prevent that damage and put that many -1/-1 counters on a creature you control.

Challenge: A blue aggro card!
    Last edited by mythmonster2; 2019-02-12 at 01:35 AM.

8. - Top - End - #878
    Dwarf in the Playground

Neat! It reminds me strongly of worship and lightly combos with vizier of remedies. My main complaint is that the card feels a little too weak. The fact that you lose the game to a board clear imo would lead to some negative play experiences. I think this could be fixed by instead of causing you to lose the game, just having the enchantment sacrifice when you have no dudes. Just my 2¢, overall cool design!

Blue aggro

Spirit of Intellect U
    Creature - Spirit
    Flying
    Whenever you cast a non-creature spell put a +1/+1 counter on CARDNAME.
    Whenever an opponent casts a non-creature spell remove a +1/+1 counter from CARDNAME. If you can't, sacrifice it.
    1/1

+1/+1 counters might be outside blue's color pie

Make a card that fits thematically and mechanically in the Innstrahd set of your choice

9. - Top - End - #879
    Troll in the Playground

Counters are in blue! So are boggles! I think Flying Men with Prowess would already be really good, and unless you're in some kind of mirror match this is better than that... Though its tendency to die is probably easy to underestimate. I really want it to be a 0/0 that starts with one counter because that feels more concise than a sacrifice trigger. Intellect is usually card draw, but I can see what you're going for and Spirit of Invention is taken.

Calling Card - 0
    Artifact - Clue C
    2, Sacrifice this artifact: Draw a card.
    ;)
    - Emrakul

Challenge! Make a zero-mana artifact that doesn't get sacrificed.

10. - Top - End - #880

Calling Card - 0
    Artifact - Clue C
    2, Sacrifice this artifact: Draw a card.
    ;)
    - Emrakul
    I mean, the entire "Investigate" ability kind of renders this redundant, so I'm not sure how useful it'd be... nice bit of humor, though.

Challenge! Make a zero-mana artifact that doesn't get sacrificed.
    Construction Engine 0
    Artifact (Rare)
    T, 4: Put a +1/+1 counter on a target creature you control, or create a 1/1 colorless Servo artifact creature token
    Can you build it? Yes you can!

Challenge: Make an enchantment that's more useful in the opening of the game than the end.

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

11. - Top - End - #881
    Dwarf in the Playground

idk, I think Calling Card is a fun design. This gives you a card in your deck that you can trigger "when you sacrifice a clue" effects.
    I like your card too! 0 cost artifacts worry me a little bit but I think that you have appropriately costed the tap effect. Nice job.

Challenge: Make an enchantment that's more useful in the opening of the game than the end.

Leyline of Growth. 2GG
    If Leyline of Growth is in your opening hand, you may begin the game with it on the battlefield.
    When CARDNAME enters the battlefield draw a card.
    Discard a card: Search your library for a basic land, exile it. You may play it this turn.
    "Where hope and power converge."

Next, make a non creature card that had the word [damage] in its rules text.

12. - Top - End - #882

Leyline of Growth. 2GG
    If Leyline of Growth is in your opening hand, you may begin the game with it on the battlefield.
    When CARDNAME enters the battlefield draw a card.
    Discard a card: Search your library for a basic land, exile it. You may play it this turn.
    "Where hope and power converge."
    I'm kind of confused by the wording here. How do you exile, and then play, a card, and why would you do it that way? Other than that, seems okay to me.

Next, make a non creature card that had the word [damage] in its rules text.
    Adrenaline Rush UU3
    Enchantment (Common)
    Every time you take damage from any source, draw a card.
    Nothing sharpens the mind like life-threatening peril.

Challenge: Write a new win condition, which is harder than just murdering your opponent.

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

13. - Top - End - #883
    Troll in the Playground

How do you exile, and then play, a card, and why would you do it that way?
    It's usually one of Red's shticks. Light Up the Stage is a good example. It's like drawing a card, but if you don't play it right away you effectively discard it. I don't think it makes much difference when you're doing it with lands, but in this case it's stopping you from milling every single land from your deck in one go.

It's probably too powerful, but I love Adrenaline Rush's overall effect. What I don't like is the name, because that name 100% belongs on a red or green card. Blue might frame this as objectively assessing the damage you've been dealt and using those insights to better combat the threat. Come to think of it, every color except red could probably get away with doing something like this - green adapts, white adjusts their tactics, and black treats all pain and strife as opportunities in disguise. Red just gets mad and throws a horse at you or something. Also, I should probably say that this really shouldn't be a Common card. This is the sort of thing you want to build your deck around, either by repeatedly pinging yourself for cards or by stacking it with other Propaganda-type effects, and the repeated card draw just gets rude when you see this in multiples.

Door From Nothingness - 5
    Artifact - MR
    T: Exile target nontoken creature you own and all creatures that share a name with it until Door From Nothingness leaves the battlefield. Each opponent may search your graveyard, hand and library for any number of cards that share a name with that card and exile them. If your library was searched this way, shuffle it.
    At the beginning of your upkeep, reveal the bottom card of your library. If it shares a name with a card that was exiled with a card named Door From Nothingness this game, you win the game.
    It's prophesied that a nameless warrior will go on a long and lonesome journey, and that when they return, all wars shall cease.

Challenge! Make a food item?

14. - Top - End - #884
    Dwarf in the Playground

Nice, this kills with wheel of sun and moon and pull from eternity, or squee and terminus which is clearly harder than just killing your opponent. Good job.

Goblin Feast 3R
    Sorcery
    Sacrifice all goblin creatures you control.
    Then for each creature sacrificed this way put a 4/4 Red Wurm Creature Token with Trample into the battlefield.

Make a card that tells somewhat of a story.

15. - Top - End - #885
    Halfling in the Playground

Nitpicks-
    Missing a rarity.
    “Create” has been used for tokens since Kaladesh.

Actual critique-
    This feels a little too win-more to be included in most deck that would run it. I wish this card had some good flavor text, maybe something like “they may not be tasty, but wurms never go hungry.”

Shivan Conquest RR
    Enchantment- Saga R
    1: Create a 5/5 flying Dragon creature token with haste and “R: this creature gets +1/+0 until end of turn”.
    2: target opponent creates 5 1/1 white Soldier creature tokens.
    3: sacrifice a dragon.

Challenge- a multicolor saga.
    Last edited by BasketOfPuppies; 2019-02-14 at 12:02 AM.

16. - Top - End - #886

ElfMonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    Shivan Conquest RR
    Enchantment- Saga R
    1: Create a 5/5 flying Dragon creature token with haste and “R: this creature gets +1/+0 until end of turn”.
    2: target opponent creates 5 1/1 white Soldier creature tokens.
    3: sacrifice a dragon.

Challenge- a multicolor saga.
    This is definitely an interesting saga, though it seems a bit too swingy. Getting minimum 10 damage in the air on turns 2 and 3 is huge, and I don't think the tokens would be enough to help the opponent bounce back, especially if you just have another one of these.

Vraska's Voyage 2BG
    Enchantment- Saga (U)
    1: Look at the top 4 cards of your library. You may reveal a creature card from among them and put it in your hand. Shuffle your deck.
    2: Distribute 3 +1/+1 counters among one or two target creatures you control.
    3: Exile target creature. You gain life equal to that creature's toughness.

Challenge: An enchantment that does something with planeswalkers!

17. - Top - End - #887
    Troll in the Playground

She... recruits people... and then leads them as captain, except for the one she recruited, who you won't be able to cast in time... and then she eats someone, I guess? I can probably write my confusion off to my obstinate refusal to read the lore. If you get the last effect, it's totally worth it, and the other stuff isn't much but makes up for the 2-turn delay on killing a thing. Dissuading your opponent from playing a big creature for two turns is an entertaining dynamic, too.

True Darkness Power - 1BB
    Enchantment - MR
    1B, pay 2 life: Put a loyalty counter on target planeswalker.
    "Power in the truth of darkness! Darkness is power, truth is... darkness... and, um... darkness!"
    - The Dark Lord, definitely not a janitor in a black robe

Challenge! A giant owl!

18. - Top - End - #888

True Darkness Power - 1BB
    Enchantment - MR
    1B, pay 2 life: Put a loyalty counter on target planeswalker.
    "Power in the truth of darkness! Darkness is power, truth is... darkness... and, um... darkness!"
    - The Dark Lord, definitely not a janitor in a black robe
    Heh. I like this one, but 1 loyalty counter seem like way too small a boost for 2 life, especially with an additional mana cost. Making it a Mythic Rare seems like a mistake, too, at least as far as I can tell.

Challenge! A giant owl!
    Twin Owls of Wisdom WWGG2
    Creature - Owl (Rare)
    Flying, Double Strike
    When Twin Owls of Wisdom enters the battlefield, gain 2 life.
    3/6
    The whole world is invigorated when it witnesses this giant pair of hooters.

Challenge! Unboxing?
    Last edited by Ironsmith; 2019-02-16 at 02:40 AM.

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

19. - Top - End - #889
    Ogre in the Playground

a 3/6 flying doublestriker for 6 is fine, but there is nothing green about this aside from the lifegain, which is also in white anyways. Gaining two life on a 6 mana card is way too minor to include. I'd keep it mono white, and either make it uncommon, or change the life gain to 5-6.

Wallsmasher - 2
    Artifact - Equipment - U
    Equip 2
    Equipped creature gets +2/+0 and gains trample.
    If equipped creature becomes blocked by a creature with higher greater toughness than power, equipped creature gets +2/+0 until end of turn.

Another uncommon equipment.
    Last edited by Ninjaman; 2019-02-17 at 04:27 AM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Cizak View Post
    I'm gonna be against the flow here and say outlined.

What? Everyone else are against the flow too, okay?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    In the grim statistics of the far future, there is only math.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    Most Hilarious Murderer in the Playground. Both his episodes of hysterically ending my life left me chuckling even hours later when I thought about them.
    And more in the extended signature!

Extended signature

20. - Top - End - #890
    Dwarf in the Playground

Nice design, this seems well costed and it appropriately gives creatures the power to break through most walls.

Parapet Lookout 2
    Artifact Equipment -U
    Equip 3
    Equipped creature can block an additional creature each combat and has "As long as this creature is untapped, it gets +0/+X where X is the number of tapped creatures you control."

Make a card without the word creature on it, or a card that references a card name that isn't its own.
    Last edited by Quiddle; 2019-02-17 at 04:44 PM.

21. - Top - End - #891
    Troll in the Playground

I usually see the word, 'Lookout,' to mean someone keeping watch, but it can also be a balcony, so that's cool. As a purely defensive card that depends on other creatures tapping to work at all, it doesn't do very much - probably not enough to be worth a whole card on its own. The dynamic of swinging in with some creatures and leaving one back on guard duty is interesting, so I like the effect itself quite a bit, but it's more likely to be played as part of a creature than bought à la carte as it were.

Hollowed Out - 1B
    Enchantment - Aura U
    Enchant Permanent
    When enchanted permanent becomes the target of a spell or ability, destroy it. If it was a planeswalker named Elspeth Returned, return it to the battlefield under your control.
    Oh, wait, I don't think they printed the new Elspeth yet, did they... Nor did they release the lore thing where Bolas scrapes out her soul and recruits her... Um... Spoilers, I guess??
    - JJ

Challenge! Make a penguin!
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2019-02-17 at 10:41 PM.

22. - Top - End - #892

ElfMonkGuy

Hollowed Out - 1B
    Enchantment - Aura U
    Enchant Permanent
    When enchanted permanent becomes the target of a spell or ability, destroy it. If it was a planeswalker named Elspeth Returned, return it to the battlefield under your control.
    Oh, wait, I don't think they printed the new Elspeth yet, did they... Nor did they release the lore thing where Bolas scrapes out her soul and recruits her... Um... Spoilers, I guess??
    - JJ

Challenge! Make a penguin!
    The base card seems alright, especially if you have an activated ability that can trigger instead of having to use another card. I dunno if such a narrow rider would get printed, though, hating on just one card.

Ice Floe Hunter 1U
    Snow Creature- Bird(C)
    As long as you control 3 or more snow permanents, Ice Floe Hunter gets +1/+0
    1/3

Challenge: Something that replaces your draw step!

23. - Top - End - #893
    Ogre in the Playground

It's a nice little common, though I'd personally suggest that the ability reads "As long as you control two other Snow permenants" simply because functionally that's how it works.

Manipulated Knowledge 1UB
    Enchantment - R
    Skip your draw step.
    At the beginning of your upkeep, look at the top three cards of your library then reveal two of them. An opponent chooses one of the cards. Put the chosen card into your graveyard and the rest into your hand.

Challenge! Make a card that uses the following line of rules text: "Whenever you would draw a card, you may put the top card of your library into your graveyard instead".

Either using the line on its own or continuing it on is acceptable.
    Open the lid and snatch a homebrewed treat from Cookie's Jar

Ponytar by Dirtytabs

Quote Originally Posted by DudeWhyAreAllTheNamesTaken(Imgur)
    Chaotic neutral. Might rob you blind. Might save your life. Might do both.

24. - Top - End - #894
    Dwarf in the Playground

From what I understand you are choosing one of the cards to go in your hand and not reveal and your opponent chooses one of the other two to go to hand/grave. This is similar to drawing an extra card each turn but I'm not sure if it is stronger or worse. On one hand if you are digging for just one card then you can always get it, on the other you opponent will much of the time have the ability to make you draw a land instead of something useful. For that reason I think the card is at a fair power level.

Paranoid Librarian 2U
    Creature - Human Wizard
    T, Sacrifice a clue: Draw a card.
    Whenever you would draw a card, you may put the top card of your library into your graveyard instead, if you do investigate twice.
    "Conventional knowledge must be put aside, we must look deeper."
    1/4

Make a card that interacts with clues, treasure, or another niche token of your choice.

25. - Top - End - #895

Paranoid Librarian 2U
    Creature - Human Wizard
    T, Sacrifice a clue: Draw a card.
    Whenever you would draw a card, you may put the top card of your library into your graveyard instead, if you do investigate twice.
    "Conventional knowledge must be put aside, we must look deeper."
    1/4
    This looks like a decent way to build up card advantage, maybe too much so depending on the intended rarity; you can effectively pay mana to generate clues, if you don't mind losing the occasional card from your deck. In a Blue/Black mixed deck, you might inadvertently break the game.

Make a card that interacts with clues, treasure, or another niche token of your choice.
    Thopter Recycling Program 6WW
    Enchantment (Rare)
    Whenever a Thopter you control is destroyed, create a tapped flying 1/1 colorless Thopter artifact creature token.
    They're broken, not useless.

Challenge: Screw over the guy using this card.

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

26. - Top - End - #896

ElfMonkGuy

Thopter Recycling Program 6WW
    Enchantment (Rare)
    Whenever a Thopter you control is destroyed, create a tapped flying 1/1 colorless Thopter artifact creature token.
    They're broken, not useless.

Challenge: Screw over the guy using this card.
    So, this does continuously bring back your blockers, but at 8 mana, and since this only brings back one type of creature, this just seems extremely weak.

Ardor of War 2WW
    Enchantment (R)
    Tapped creatures don't untap during their controller's untap step.
    4: Untap all creatures you control. Any player may activate this ability.

Challenge: Something related to money!

27. - Top - End - #897
    Orc in the Playground

Imp

SHOW ME THE MONEY! BRR

Sorcery

As an additional cost to cast SHOW ME THE MONEY!, pay X life and sacrifice X permanents.

Create X colorless Treasure artifact tokens with "{T}, Sacrifice this artifact: Add one mana of any color"

Many mages wish for wealth, few are willing to pay the price.

Challenge - a five-colored dinosaur!
    Last edited by Korith; 2019-02-19 at 04:23 PM.
    EXPLOSIVE RUNES
    EXPLOSIVE RUNES
    EXPLODED RUNES
    PICTURE OF A CAT
    EXPLOSIVE RUNES

28. - Top - End - #898
    Halfling in the Playground

You forgot to critique, so I will.

It’s a neat control card, it seems like an auto-win against Burn, so maybe change it to “X: Untap X creatures you control. Any player may activate this ability.” That would slow them down without making it an auto-F4

Show me the Money is an interesting ritual. It’s probably worse than Rain of Filth for decks that want it. Sorcery speed is probably the nail in the coffin for this card. It’s the kind of thing you’d notice in a bulk rare bin and think “I could probably do some janky stuff with this” before putting it back behind the Seige Rhino.

Progenitorsaurus WUBRG
    Legendary Creature- Dinosaur MR
    Whenever Progenitorsaurus or another Dinosaur enters the battlefield under your control, you may put a +1/+1 counter on it. If you do, it fights target creature.
    4/4

Challenge- a common.

Extended Sig

Quote Originally Posted by Duck999 View Post
    Christmas starts when Halloween ends, Halloween starts after New Year. The only part of the year that isn't a holiday is between Christmas and December 31st.

29. - Top - End - #899
    Troll in the Playground

Progenitosaurus is fine! I'm not sure why it's all colors other than fitting the challenge, though. It could easily be mono-green. I'm sad that it doesn't have protection from everything like its namesake does, but there's probably a good reason for that part.

Common Rider - 2R
    A human in a grasshopper mask riding an elongated goat.
    Creature - Human Knight C
    Haste, Trample
    2/2

Challenge! Make a non-flying, non-deathtouch insect.

30. - Top - End - #900
    Pixie in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Progenitosaurus is fine! I'm not sure why it's all colors other than fitting the challenge, though. It could easily be mono-green. I'm sad that it doesn't have protection from everything like its namesake does, but there's probably a good reason for that part.

Common Rider - 2R
    A human in a grasshopper mask riding an elongated goat.
    Creature - Human Knight C
    Haste, Trample
    2/2

Challenge! Make a non-flying, non-deathtouch insect.
    This is a fun little card. It feels like a solid attacker for limited, that's still good to play with. It's a solid attacker that keeps up pressure, but the 2/2 body is easy to block and counter. Overall, I like it.

Goliath Beetle 3GG
    A beetle bigger than a horse crashes through a barn, sending wood and farm animals flying everywhere around it.
    Creature - Insect Giant (Uncommon)
    Trample
    When Goliath Beetle enters the battlefield, you may destroy target artifact.
    They don't need poison to kill you. The mandibles are good enough.
    3/4

Challenge: A card for an unusual tribe, that does something creative with the concept of tribal.
    "Urgh... That bedamned clapperclaw blocks the path!"