The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 10 of 43 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Default Re: MtG: YMTC challenge V: Familicide is a CMC 5 Black Sorcery

Spoiler: On my previous card
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Gunsforhands View Post
    Is he... is he strapping the goats to the horses?
    Yes.
    That wasn't my original intention, which was him teaching the goats various cavalry maneuvers, but yes. This is now canon.
    Do note, I was specifically asked to make something in a set with a keyword that didn't quite fit.

@Jormengand: Everything?

My response the above card- Wat.
    Seriously, though-
    First and foremost, this card does not meet the specifications. The idea would have been to create something like Seat of the Synod, or perhaps Hammer of Purphoros. That said, I can see how you got to where you did with what was given, so I won't push that too harshly against you.
    Now, the crux of the matter- Persistent Nightmare works because it's a win condition in and of itself, that thematically works. You're looking at a spell that causes mental trauma, that spell recurses itself as a ghostly apparition- which when it appears, "Startles you Awake".
    Your card, however, is just... what.

First, the cool part about the persistent nightmare was it's repeatability- you only have to have it come out once for it to keep coming back. Your card, however, will generally only be played once each game per copy- not very impressive for a card that is just a one-damage ping.

Now, there are three things I would fix with this:
    One; remove that "if it would leave the battlefield" ability. It only ruins potential combos with a potentially cool card.
    Two; Increase the power level of the original card- a 2-damage burn with no additional whatnots isn't going to be too rough on anyone- and if you have to burn yourself for two each time it comes back... I can't exactly see it breaking many games.
    Three; Have it return to your hand when you tap the land for mana.

Now, for my card-

Prayers of Devotion 2GG
    Enchantment - R
    Tap two untapped permanents you control that share a colour: Add X mana of any one colour shared by the two permanents, where X is the number of symbols of that colour in their mana costs.

Next Challenge: Something that does something weird.
    Last edited by Eternis; 2017-07-20 at 07:44 PM.
    Xykon's not Evil. He just get bored really easily. And he doesn't have constructive hobbies.
    Spoiler: Gen/Degen
    Show
    Generation 4
    The first time you see this in a signature, put it in your signature and add one.
    Degeneration 92
    The first time you see this, copy it into your signature and subtract one.
    Spoiler: Super Secret Awesome Point Counter
    Show

Iceseer - 3

HUGS FOR ALL!
    Spoiler: I be an awesome pokemon
    Show

Spoiler: Le Quotes on le topic of Me
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Socksy View Post
    You're a perfect person.
    Isn't Socksy adorabibbles?

2. - Top - End - #272
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eternis View Post
    Prayers of Devotion 2GG
    Enchantment - R
    Tap two untapped permanents you control that share a colour: Add X mana of any one colour shared by the two permanents, where X is the number of symbols of that colour in their mana costs.

Next Challenge: Something that does something weird.
    So it basically says 'T, tap an untapped green permanent you control: add 3-4 green mana to your mana pool' and is a Cryptolith Rite. This seems interesting, even if the mechanics are not easy to pick up at first. As a cross between Nykthos and Cryptolith Rite, this could probably cost three mana and be fine - waiting until 4 mana to cast a spell that only ever ramps is pretty underwhelming, especially when it's more vulnerable to removal or sweepers (since you need multiple permanents) than something like Explosive Vegetation. It certainly goes off in a very green heavy deck, though. I don't think this would ever see play outside of a green deck though, so the 'colour shared by' section in the text probably isn't necessary.

Grip of Unreality - 3
    Enchantment - Rare

X is 3. (if a player would choose a value for X, that player must choose 3. If a value for X would be determined by an ability, effect or cost, use 3 instead.)

The changes wrought by Kozilek did not entirely dissipate with the titan's destruction.

Challenge: A card with a scalable mana cost (like an X value, kicker, or similar).
    Last edited by Gauntlet; 2017-07-21 at 05:09 AM.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jormengand View Post
    Yes, but "There exists a relatively niche card in modern that can handle this" isn't a guarantee of not being overpowered. Dies to exile is an even weaker argument than dies to removal. Everything dies to exile.
    Blightsteel colossus is a card and it is much better than Kertakos. I really don't see what all the fuss is about.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Cizak View Post
    I'm gonna be against the flow here and say outlined.

What? Everyone else are against the flow too, okay?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    In the grim statistics of the far future, there is only math.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    Most Hilarious Murderer in the Playground. Both his episodes of hysterically ending my life left me chuckling even hours later when I thought about them.
    And more in the extended signature!

Extended signature

4. - Top - End - #274

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Gauntlet View Post
    Grip of Unreality - 3
    Enchantment - Rare

X is 3. (if a player would choose a value for X, that player must choose 3. If a value for X would be determined by an ability, effect or cost, use 3 instead.)

The changes wrought by Kozilek did not entirely dissipate with the titan's destruction.
    This certainly fits the challenge of being weird! I'm not sure how well it works within the rules, but I can see it being sort of analogous to something like Time Stop in having very simple and striking rules text that is then explained in the reminder text. I'm seeing it primarily as a defensive card to limit an opponent's X spells and so could possibly see use in eternal formats to protect against things like Channel-ball, Hatred, Stroke of Genius and the like. I'm no expert on those formats so I don't know how prevalent those kinds of things are these days, but I could at least see it being sideboard tech. Same goes for Standard if there's a problematic X spell floating around, but it's very much metagame-dependent. I'm trying to think of some way to exploit it as a combo piece and can't quite come up with anything (Johnny cards aren't my forte, the best I can come up with is artificially pumping up things like Tribal Flames), but I like the possibility that it could be the centrepiece of some weirdo deck too.

Quote Originally Posted by Gauntlet View Post
    Challenge: A card with a scalable mana cost (like an X value, kicker, or similar).
    Slumberize 1RU
    Sorcery (U)
    Tap target creature or land. It doesn't untap during its controller's next untap step.
    Replicate RU (When you cast this spell, copy it for each time you paid its replicate cost. You may choose new targets for the copies.)

Challenge: another card with a block-specific keyword or ability word.
    Allergy advice: posts may contain traces of sarcasm

5. - Top - End - #275

OldWizardGuy

A nice and simple card, that has a LOT of uses. Ironically, I can see this as a great addition to a red/blue token deck plus Throne of the God Pharaoh combo for what can amount to be... sneaky burn b y targeting your own creatures with it.

Scour-Sand Survivor 2WW
    Creature- Human Wizard R
    As long as you control a Desert, ~ has Persist
    Threshold- As long as seven or more cards are in your graveyard, Non-Zombie creatures you control have First Strike and Wither.
    "As a dissenter, he was exiled. But in the wastes, he learned how to turn the endless sands against the restless dead. And now that the city has fallen, he has returned to teach the lessons he has learned."
    3/4

Next Challenge; A Snow card... or something that cares about Deserts.
    Summer Job has started, and eats a lot of time, particularly on weekends. Replies my be delayed.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Halfling in the Playground

There's a lot going on here, so I'm just gonna go from the top

All cards from HOU that care about deserts ask for one in play or in the grave. Departure from the norm is fine, but humans are hardwired to like patterns. Persist seems fine, not much to say there.

Delirium, from what i remember, was called the "fixed" Threshold, and that's still in standard, so it's weird seeing Threshold return. Also, what's the reasoning for non-zombies? Flavor-wise it'd make sense for zombies to get wither, because of all the decay. I'm really struggling to see how it'd make sense. Adding first strike seems to add insult to injury.

All in all, this card has 3 non-evergreen mechanics (4 if you count caring about deserts). That seems like an awful lot, especially for it not being mythic. I would split this into two- one creature with the first ability, one with the second- since there's no reason to have both on the same card.

Frigid Wasteland
    Snow Land- Desert U
    T: add C to your mana pool.
    2S,T: tap target creature. It doesn't untap during it's controller's next untap step. (S can be payed with one mana from a snow permanent)
    Some have been stranded for what feels like aeons, trudging through an endless wasteland of white.

All a desert is is an area with low rainfall. The Earth's poles count as deserts.

Challenge: to celebrate Unstable, make something silver-bordered!

Extended Sig

Quote Originally Posted by Duck999 View Post
    Christmas starts when Halloween ends, Halloween starts after New Year. The only part of the year that isn't a holiday is between Christmas and December 31st.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: Pirate'd! Or Dinosaur'd?
    Show
    My first thought was, 'why only non-zombies?' but obviously he's from a Zombie Apocalypse setting where that's like saying non-spirit in Kamigawa or non-human in Innistrad. Buffing non-zombies is not sufficient to make these mechanics white instead of black, but if Persist and Wither are set mechanics you might get away with it. Of course, giving him Persist also implies that the non-zombie faction has a tendency to come back from the dead, which is the opposite of how that usually goes. Even though first strike and wither are a great combination mechanically, it doesn't seem like there's any consistent theme holding it together. 'Creatures you control have wither as long as this has a -1/-1 counter on it,' maybe? That would imply that he learned how to witherify from being withered himself, which might be more what you're going for.

Snow-covered Wastes
    Basic Snow Land
    T: Add C to your mana pool
    For your colorless budget commander deck that also cares about snow mana. I know you have one, Brian. Don't lie to me.

WARNING: CARD BANALITY EXCEEDS RECOMMENDED LEVELS

Oh, fine. Hmm...

Druid of the Oasis 1G
    Creature - Elf Druid C
    T: Add C to your mana pool.
    T: Add two mana of any one color to your mana pool. Use this ability only if you control a desert.
    After a lifetime learning to coax life from the barren sand, it's no wonder going back to fertile ground gave them culture shock.
    1/2

Frigid Wasteland is pretty strong! Using this is much more efficient than a lot of the artifacts that would normally be used to tap down creatures in this manner. I'm having trouble thinking of a reason not to run it every deck regardless of archetype... Is snow mana considered scarce even though you can get it from basic lands? Perhaps something this OP is what it would take to get competitive players to try something other than fetch-lands and dual-lands.

Challenge! Make a creature that, "T: add G to your mana pool," but isn't a functional reprint.
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2017-07-23 at 12:45 AM.
    Leo, Ajax, Deshy, Cutty.

8. - Top - End - #278

OldWizardGuy

He was meant to be a desert mage, harnessing the power of the sands to keep himself alive (persist), and as the number of dead rise, which on Amonkhet are under The Curse of Wandering, which means so long as their is flesh on their bones it becomes a zombie after death, he gains a trick he can share to now deal with the restless hordes now that the mystic barrier is down.

Image wise, I saw the threshold as teaching the survivors of the Egyptian themed zombie apocalypse how to shoot blasts of scouring sand from a nice safe distance to avoid being overwhelmed... because once all the flesh is gone, so is the magic animating them.

Also called, I took some small creative liberties with the planes lore (as far as a exiled dissenter turned Desert Mage surviving), to fit the challenge.
    Summer Job has started, and eats a lot of time, particularly on weekends. Replies my be delayed.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Firbolg in the Playground

A 2-drop that generates two mana is extremely powerful, and I don't think requiring a Desert is enough to mitigate it. If you restrict the second ability to a single mana of any color, I think it would be a decently powerful card that would still see play.

Canon Vocalist 1G
    Creature - Elf Bard (U)
    T: Add G to your mana pool. If you've cast a spell this turn, add GG to your mana pool instead.
    1/2

Next: A creature version of a planeswalker.

Blue Ghost, Lawful Good generalist wizard, at your service.
    Love wins. S'agapo.

I make MtG cards. My portfolio

10. - Top - End - #280

OldWizardGuy

Nice, simple... and way too elf. Was also making a Lumberjack with the mana gain on controlling forests and horsemanship if you had a moose, but eh. Still, a nice looking card for a second main phase, and can see it having lots of late game utility, or comboing with cheap spells to fuel bigger ones.

Urza 5UW
    Legendary Creature- Human Artificer MR
    At the beginning of your upkeep, place a charge counter or a +1/+1 counter on all artifacts you control
    You may play artifacts from anywhere, including exile and out of the game
    "His mind was like a machine, and he was as cold as one too. Can't deny he's a brilliant bastard though."
    2/5

I know, they never made an actual planeswalker card for him.... and the closest we got was a Vanguard card. As it is... even before the spark, he was THE artificer.... outside of some deity level BS.

Next Challenge; An Epic spell based off something in Eldritch Moon or Hour of Devastation. And yes, I do mean a spell with the Epic Keyword.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Banned

The ability to cast artifacts from outside of the game has got to be broken somehow. Also, you would have to word it a lot differently ("At the beginning of your upkeep, for each artifact you control, you may put a +1/+1 counter on that artifact. If you don't, put a charge counter on it.
    You may play artifacts you own from your graveyard, from the battlefield, from exile or from outside the game").

Since we're busy telling the Storm Scale to go away anyway...

Perennial Void 4PPP
    Sorcery - R
    You may exile target permanent. Then you may return target permanent you own from exile to the battlefield.
    Epic

Next: Another spell with a keyword we haven't seen in a while, but one that doesn't have a good reason not to come back.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jormengand View Post
    The ability to cast artifacts from outside of the game has got to be broken somehow.
    It gets infinite mana with a Lotus Pedal out of the sideboard, then kills with another artifact out of the sideboard.
    Last edited by Bucky; 2017-07-23 at 11:01 AM.
    The gnomes once had many mines, but now they have gnome ore.

13. - Top - End - #283

Well, considering that you had to work with possibly one of the worst mechanics in the history of the game, Perennial Void isn't too bad. It's a potent finisher that is likely to finish the game in one or two castings, which is where an epic spell should be. And with some proper setup, you can have a good selection of permanents to return with it, which helps mitigate the tedium of the epic mechanic. But yes, epic is awful and should never come back.

Thraxes, Father of Dragons 4RR
    Legendary Creature - Dragon (M)
    Flying
    5RRR: Monstrosity 2.
    At the beginning of your upkeep, if Thraxes, Father of Dragons is monstrous, create a 5/5 red Dragon creature token with flying.
    5/5

Next: Something with heroic!

Love wins. S'agapo.

14. - Top - End - #284

WolfInSheepsClothing

Pretty straightforward design. Feels suitably mythic and is the sort of thing I could see as an ok ramp Payoff. I have a personal preference for things that make 5/5 dragon tokens as well. Nice design.

Boonsayer of Akros 2W
    Creature - Human Warrior Wizard (U)

Heroic - Whenever you cast a spell that targets ~, create a white Boon enchantment token with "1, Sacrifice this enchantment: Put a +1/+1 counter on target creature you control."
    3/2

Challenge: Make a card that has synergies with enchantments (preferably Boons).
    Last edited by 3WhiteFox3; 2017-07-24 at 06:57 PM. Reason: Added Challenge
    Quote Originally Posted by Phelix-Mu View Post
    We live in the land of the internets, where arguing is never pointless.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Interesting. I can see a general concept of a set design behind it- that said, keywords are rarely re-used (see: Chroma turning into Devotion). Still, pretty cool, and in a boon-based-deck, I can totally see myself running it.

Faith-Sword Devoted 2WW
    Creature - Human Cleric Warrior U
    ~ gets +1/+0 for each enchantment you control.
    When ~ becomes the target of an enchantment spell or ability, put a +1/+1 counter on it.
    1/2

Challenge: Continue this Post-Xenagos-Issues Theros set! Feel free to deviate from boons entirely, do whatever you like with it; just follow this theme.
    Xykon's not Evil. He just get bored really easily. And he doesn't have constructive hobbies.
    Show
    Generation 4
    The first time you see this in a signature, put it in your signature and add one.
    Degeneration 92
    Show

Iceseer - 3

HUGS FOR ALL!
    Show

Show

You're a perfect person.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Halfling in the Playground

The +1/+0 feels red- I can't think of many white pumps that pump power more than toughness. I'd rather see this as a 1/1 or 0/1 that gets +1/+1 for each enchantment. The additional +1/+1 counters feel like they're gonna muddle things- this seems like more of a rare than an uncommon.

Gore Charge 1RR
    Sorcery- U
    Create three 2/3 red Minotaur creature tokens with haste. Sacrifice them at the beginning of the next end step.
    They came. They ravaged. They went.

Make an innovative equipment.
    Last edited by BasketOfPuppies; 2017-07-25 at 01:06 AM.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Ogre in the Playground

That's a nice flavor riff on Flurry of Horns, and mechanical riff on Ball Lightning. Solid uncommon all around. I think it's undercosted though; see Thatcher Revolt.

Lazotep Mask (3)
    Artifact - Equipment R
    Equip (1)
    Equipped creature gains Afflict 2.
    When the equipped creature dies, you may pay UB and exile it and Lazotep Mask; if you do, create a token copy of that creature, except it's a 4/4 black Zombie token.

Up next: A sacrifice outlet
    Last edited by Bucky; 2017-07-25 at 02:31 PM.
    The gnomes once had many mines, but now they have gnome ore.

18. - Top - End - #288
    Troll in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Afflict 2 on an equipment is pretty good, but the flavor is weird. I could've sworn Lazotep is attached to you once you die, not before. Only the eternalized are the ones who Afflict, then again nonzombies in-game can also equip Dagger of the Worthy.

Coffer Keeper 2WW
    Creature - Vampire Cleric (C)
    W, Sacrifice a Treasure: You gain 3 life.
    "Forsake your worldly possessions, and embrace eternal life!"
    2/2

Challenge: Make a card referencing material wealth, or a card with nontraditional format (any of the various split mechanics, flip, transform, merge, etc.). Bonus pointa for both.
    Last edited by ben-zayb; 2017-07-27 at 05:56 PM.

19. - Top - End - #289

It's highly unusual for a creature, especially at common, to have such a bad P/T to cost ratio. Being the rank and file soldiers of limited games, most common creatures tend to be at least passable at attacking and blocking.
    The ability is potentially powerful, but very situational. It requires you to have a lot of treasures, and prefer to use them to gain life rather than cast spells, which is basically only useful in a race. I'd say that such a niche ability doesn't justify the aforementioned P/T to cost ratio balance-wise. You can drop the mana cost to 2W, or raise the stats to 3/3.

Screw the Rules, I Have Money! 2U
    Enchantment (R) (Silver-bordered)
    Spells you cast cost 1 less to cast for each $10 in their monetary value.
    "My affluence makes a nonsense of the regulations!"

Next: A silver-bordered card for the Agents of S.N.E.A.K. (the blue-black Unstable faction).

Love wins. S'agapo.

20. - Top - End - #290

ElfMonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ben-zayb View Post
    Coffer Keeper 2WW
    Creature - Vampire Cleric (C)
    W, Sacrifice a Treasure: You gain 3 life.
    "Forsake your worldly possessions, and embrace eternal life!"
    2/2

Challenge: Make a card referencing material wealth, or a card with nontraditional format (any of the various split mechanics, flip, transform, merge, etc.). Bonus pointa for both.
    For a lifegaining bear, this seems pretty overcosted. It could be three or maybe even two mana and probably still wouldn't be much in Limited.

Lap of Luxury- W
    Enchantment- Aura (U)
    Enchant creature
    Enchanted creature can't attack or block.
    At the beginning of your upkeep, pay 1 or sacrifice Lap of Luxury.

The intent is the caster is the one paying the upkeep, I'm not sure how formatting on this stuff works.

Challenge: A bird! (Regular or aven)

21. - Top - End - #291
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

I'm happy to do both of the above! Just posting here to avoid confusion while I work on the stuff.

@BlueGhost: Classic card game/internet reference there. Could be a little overpowered, but that's what the un-sets are for, aren't they?

Double-0 Nothing 0
    Creature - Shade Spy U
    This creature is black.
    0/0

@Mythmonster2: Nice card, and the card works as desired as written, JSYK.

A Birb WW
    Creature - Chicken Bird U
    W, T: Put a +1/+1 counter on target creature that shares a creature type with a Chicken you control. That creature becomes a Chicken (this effect does not end at end of turn).
    2/2

Unfortunately, neither of you get bonus points... Oh well.

Challenge: Create something not from an un-set.
    Last edited by Eternis; 2017-07-27 at 10:08 PM.
    Show
    Generation 4
    Degeneration 92
    Show

Iceseer - 3

HUGS FOR ALL!
    Show

Show

You're a perfect person.

22. - Top - End - #292

I can totally see this being printed in an Un set. The chicken type and the name are the only things that would prevent it from appearing in an non un set

Life and Death to the Unliving 3G
    Enchantment R
    T: Target Non Creature Artifact or Enchantment becomes a 0/X Creature until end of turn where X is it's converted mana cost.
    1B: Destoy target Enchment Creature
    1B: Destroy target Artifact Creature.
    Anything can be made to live, anything that lives can be made to die.

Challenge: Create a goblin vehicle. (A card a with the type vehicle, that was designed by/for goblins)

23. - Top - End - #293

OldWizardGuy

That is actually a very interesting little card, that can have some... interesting side effects and combo options. And as it is a green card, can see so many rampage based enchantment spams with untaping. And very nice form of situational removal.

Ramshackle War-wagon 3
    Artifact- Vehicle UC
    Haste
    At the beginning of your upkeep or when ~ attacks, place a -1/-1 counter on it unless you pay 3
    ~ gains +1/+0 for each goblin crewing it
    Crew 2
    3/3
    "It keeps falling apart...."

Next challenge; A goblin artificer!

24. - Top - End - #294

ElfMonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Warmatt View Post
    Ramshackle War-wagon 3
    Artifact- Vehicle UC
    Haste
    At the beginning of your upkeep or when ~ attacks, place a -1/-1 counter on it unless you pay 3
    ~ gains +1/+0 for each goblin crewing it
    Crew 2
    3/3
    "It keeps falling apart...."

Next challenge; A goblin artificer!
    This seems really weak. On the first turn, assuming you have two goblins crewing it, it attacks as a 4/2, which is easily chump blocked and uses up two of your other potential attackers. After that, you have to pay 3 or more, or else you can't attack with it at all since it'll be down to 0/0 from the -1/-1 counters. The drawback is flavorful, but really not fun in gameplay at all.

Goblin Improviser- 1RR
    Creature- Goblin Artificer(R)
    Artifacts you control are Equipment in addition to their other types and have "Equip X" and "Equipped creature gets +X/+X", where X is that artifact's converted mana cost.
    You really don't want to be around when he gets out the kitchen sink.
    2/2

Challenge: Something to do with food!

25. - Top - End - #295
    Troll in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Making it affect just non-creature artifacts make more sense, because it'll be useless on creatures. Some formatting issues, but it looks fine.

Insatiable Hunger BB
    Enchantment - Aura U
    Enchant creature
    Enchanted creature has "At the beginning of your upkeep, sacrifice a creature. If you don't, put a -1/-1 counter on this creature."

Make another card about mutilation, or another uncommon Aura. Points for both!
    Last edited by ben-zayb; 2017-08-02 at 09:46 PM.

26. - Top - End - #296
    Troll in the Playground

Ah, the ol' favorite: "Destroy target creature, unless of course your opponent was killing you with it in which case that is still happening, sorry." It's quite fun and flavorful, though, and in most games it leads to some very interesting decisions for your opponent. I wouldn't mind seeing it around.

Creophagy 2BB
    Enchantment - Aura U
    When Creophagy enters the battlefield, exile target creature.
    Enchant Creature
    Enchanted creature gets +2/+2.

Challenge! Exile a noncreature permanent!
    Leo, Ajax, Deshy, Cutty.

27. - Top - End - #297
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Sooooo... Cannibalize, but with a less-long-term buff/ability to get rid of the buff without the creature, it's more expensive, *BUT* you can exile opponent's creatures.

Interesting, but a consumption of flesh as an enchantment would imply a more on-going/growing effect. Still, I love it- especially considering the callback, which I can only assume is intentional due to the almost perfect mirroring, is one of my favourite cards I got back over a decade ago.

Inanimation Reclamation 2GGG
    Instant - R
    Exile target non-creature permanent. Add X green mana to your mana pool, where X is that permanent's converted mana cost.

Challenge: Something Non-Un with a silly name! That, or something referencing your favourite cartoon (but not from your favourite cartoon).
    Last edited by Eternis; 2017-08-03 at 04:51 AM.
    Show
    Generation 4
    Degeneration 92
    Show

Iceseer - 3

HUGS FOR ALL!
    Show

Show

You're a perfect person.

28. - Top - End - #298

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by Eternis View Post
    Sooooo... Cannibalize, but with a less-long-term buff/ability to get rid of the buff without the creature, it's more expensive, *BUT* you can exile opponent's creatures.

Interesting, but a consumption of flesh as an enchantment would imply a more on-going/growing effect. Still, I love it- especially considering the callback, which I can only assume is intentional due to the almost perfect mirroring, is one of my favourite cards I got back over a decade ago.

Inanimation Reclamation 2GGG
    Instant - R
    Exile target non-creature permanent. Add X green mana to your mana pool, where X is that permanent's converted mana cost.

Challenge: Something Non-Un with a silly name! That, or something referencing your favourite cartoon (but not from your favourite cartoon).
    Pretty straightforward, a way to deal with non-creature permanents in Green. Expensive, but does gives you some mana back. My only real complaint is that it's a bit vanilla. Green already has a lot of ways to deal with non-creature permanents, and this is just a bit too expensive to be exciting. That said, this does get rid of planeswalkers, which is a bit unusual. So it does have that going for it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Based on Prince Zuko from Avatar: The Last Airbender. I wanted to capture the idea of Zuko's struggle between his two natures. Decided to take the Siege mechanic from KTK and use it for creatures.

Asur, Prince of Fire 1RRR

Legendary Creature - Human Mystic (M)

When ~ enters the battlefield, choose Sun or Rage.

• Sun - RW: Creatures you control gain +1/+1 until end of turn. ~ gains Lifelink until end of turn.
    • Rage - RB: Target creature you control gets -1/-1 until end of turn. ~ deals 2 damage to target creature or player.

4/3

Challenge: A card that deals with music in someway (Harmonize, Bards, etc...) but is not in green.
    Last edited by 3WhiteFox3; 2017-08-11 at 01:40 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phelix-Mu View Post
    We live in the land of the internets, where arguing is never pointless.

29. - Top - End - #299

ElfMonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by 3WhiteFox3 View Post
    Asur, Prince of Fire 1RRR

Legendary Creature - Human Mystic (M)

When ~ enters the battlefield, choose Sun or Rage.

• Sun - RW: Creatures you control gain +1/+1 until end of turn. ~ gains Lifelink until end of turn.
    • Rage - RB: Target creature you control gets -1/-1 until end of turn. ~ deals 2 damage to target creature or player.

4/3

Challenge: A card that deals with music in someway (Harmonize, Bards, etc...) but is not in green.
    I quite like this card. Sun can help you catch up if you're behind, while RB helps you close out the game when you're ahead. My only possible issue would be that, for a mythic, the triple R might be a bit too restricting, especially considering its other abilities are multicolored. 2RR could probably be fine.

Charming Piper- 3R
    Creature- Human Bard (R)
    T: Gain control of target creature with converted mana cost 2 or less until end of turn. Untap that creature. It gains haste until end of turn.
    1/1
    I think this compares alright with Enthralling Victor. It's repeatable, but comes with a weaker body and doesn't do anything on the turn it comes in.

Challenge: An artifact creature!

30. - Top - End - #300

You're effectively permanently gaining control of a creature if you target it every turn, since your opponent generally can't do anything with it the turn they get it back. The power level seems fine, but I'm not sure red should have effectively permanent control-gaining like this.

Scrap Titan 6
    Artifact Creature - Giant (M)
    Trample
    Whenever Scrap Titan enters the battlefield or attacks, creatures you control gain indestructible until end of turn.
    6/6

Spoiler: Render
    Show

Next: Another colorless addition to a five-color cycle.

Love wins. S'agapo.