The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: MtG: YMTC challenge V: Familicide is a CMC 5 Black Sorcery

Quote Originally Posted by Warmatt View Post
    Bloody Beckoning 2BR
    Instant R
    Target player creates X 2/2 black and red demon creature tokens with flying, where X is 3 plus the number of charge counters on ~
    Sacrifice a Creature- Place two charge counters on ~. You may choose a new target for it. Any player may activate this ability but only if ~ is on the stack.
    I feel like this may as well read "the player with fewer creatures loses the game at the beginning of his or her next upkeep. If the cost is paid ONCE it becomes too powerful to let your opponent have, let alone if the cost is paid twice. And at that point you're looking at 8+ airborne damage coming in on turn 5, which is ridiculous.

I'm also not sure how I feel about counters being on spells. It just feels...awkward.

Next Challenge; Something to do with angels... or devils. Bonus points for Heavens Devils.
    Devil's Bargain -- 3BB
    Enchantment - (Rare)
    Indestructible. You cannot lose the game.
    Devil's Bargain comes into play with 5 luck counters on it. At the beginning of your upkeep, lose four life and remove a luck counter from Devil's Bargain. If Devil's Bargain has no luck counters on it, sacrifice it.

Challenge: A jellyfish!
    Last edited by Djinn_in_Tonic; 2017-02-15 at 08:01 PM.

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Delaying your loss by 5 turns is pretty okay, but proliferating the counters on this makes the drawback uncomfortably close to irrelevant. Of course, it'd be printed in a set without proliferate, but I'm not sure I'm okay with this in Atraxa EDH.

Cloudcap Wanderer 2U
    Creature - Jellyfish U
    Flying
    Whenever ~ deals damage to a player, they gain control of it.
    2/5

Challenge: A squid, a weird, or a bear. Bonus points for all three.

3. - Top - End - #33

Quote Originally Posted by r2d2go View Post
    Delaying your loss by 5 turns is pretty okay, but proliferating the counters on this makes the drawback uncomfortably close to irrelevant. Of course, it'd be printed in a set without proliferate, but I'm not sure I'm okay with this in Atraxa EDH.
    I thought about that and tried to figure out a way around it, but couldn't find a way to do so gracefully, since I don't think Emblems can have counters.

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

... Why not just have it gain counters and have the clause "Counters cannot be removed from ~". Seems a pretty simple way of doing it to me.
    Open the lid and snatch a homebrewed treat from Cookie's Jar

Ponytar by Dirtytabs

Quote Originally Posted by DudeWhyAreAllTheNamesTaken(Imgur)
    Chaotic neutral. Might rob you blind. Might save your life. Might do both.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Barbarian in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

So, a decent flyer that flips back and forth when it deals damage to a target? Depending on how fast you can make a sacrifice, might be a pretty balanced fish.

Media Abomination 3GU
    Enchantment Creature- Squid Weird R
    Protection from Advisors and Lords
    Discard a card- Until the end of the turn, all players play with their hands revealed
    5/5

A bear is a card with the same p/t as it's CMC, right?

Next challenge; Another 'Media' card.
    Summer Job has started, and eats a lot of time, particularly on weekends. Replies my be delayed.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Banned

A bear is specifically a 2/2 for 2. More to the point, though, this card seems made to fit the challenge but not actually to be a good or coherent card. Discarding cards to see everyone's hand (but also reveal your own) doesn't seem likely to be used, ever.

Media Bias 8UU
    Enchantment - MR
    At the start of your upkeep, gain control of target creature. (This effect lasts indefinitely)
    In Veldan, elections are decided by the media, and the media is controlled by the Speaker.

Next: Another high-CMC enchantment.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Seems way too expensive for something that does nothing for a full turn. Unless there just so happens to be a really good enchantment cheater in the set, this would never see play in any format, probably.

Virulent Contagion 4BB
    Enchantment - R
    Creatures your opponents control get -X/-X, where X is the number of creatures that have died this turn.
    1B - Create a 0/0 black germ creature token.

Challenge: Another card that wipes boards. Or, another card with an activated ability that doesn't have a tap cost.

8. - Top - End - #38

Virulent Contagion 4BB
    Enchantment - R
    Creatures your opponents control get -X/-X, where X is the number of creatures that have died this turn.
    1B - Create a 0/0 black germ creature token.

Challenge: Another card that wipes boards. Or, another card with an activated ability that doesn't have a tap cost.
    Commander gold, but pretty useless everywhere else. It's a repeatable boardwipe if you have the mana to put into it, and it's pretty flavorful too. Seems like good kitchen table stuff. The only problem would be tracking creature deaths (particularly if this thing comes down mid-turn) but that's the same problem as other similar cards like Bitter Ordeal.

Unstable Hedron - 4
    Artifact - Rare
    2: Scry 2. You may draw a card. If you do, put a disruption counter on Unstable Hedron.

At the beginning of your upkeep, if Unstable Hedron has three or more disruption counters on it, sacrifice it and destroy all nonland permanents.

Challenge: Another card from Zendikar.
    Last edited by Gauntlet; 2017-02-16 at 04:01 AM.

9. - Top - End - #39

OldWizardGuy

An interesting artifact, that allows you to scry regularly, and comes with what is a limited draw ability, based on what your scrying shows, so all in all, a very nice artifact for finding just the card you need... so long as you have the mana for it.

Cosi's Jester 3U
    Creature- Merfolk Wizard R
    Protection from White
    Whenever an opponent scrys, they shuffle their deck before they draw
    "They laugh at those that seek to control the ever shifting tides of the future."
    2/3

So, the intent, though the wording may be off, is that after an opponent uses Scry, they have to shuffle their deck... before drawing any cards, making it potentially useless. Ties in with Cori's Trickster.

Next Challenge; A giant!
    Last edited by Warmatt; 2017-02-16 at 10:44 AM.
    Summer Job has started, and eats a lot of time, particularly on weekends. Replies my be delayed.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Banned

Countering one specific keyword action seems a bit odd. The fact that it's only particularly good against the somewhat rare white scrying is even odder. What's it for?

Pan Ku, Who Holds Worlds 4RR
    Legendary Creature - Giant MR
    When Pan Ku, Who Holds Worlds dies, each player sacrifices two lands.
    Pan Ku held the worlds apart so that they could not collide.
    5/5

Next: Another mythological creature from a mythology you don't see that often.

11. - Top - End - #41

OldWizardGuy

Actually, the Protection from White aspect was because White is the color of Order and Stability, and Corsi's Jester means to mock that.

12. - Top - End - #42

Quote Originally Posted by Jormengand View Post
    5/5
    I quite like this, although there's a chance you could push this further -- it's an expensive 5/5 with a double mana cost and is a Mythic Rare, yet it doesn't match up to Aegis Angel, Alpha Tyrranax (a common)...or, well, a LOT of cards. The only thing it has going for it is mutual land destruction, which is only really potent if your opponent is likely to hold several 7-8+ mana cards you want to shut down, and only then if you can kill the thing.

Sure, I'm sure you could use it as a big bruiser in a land-destruction based deck where the threat of losing two MORE lands is pretty intense, but it feels weak overall. Would love to see you push the design a little big more into that 4RR space, or reduce it to maybe 3RR. The theme, however, is very delightful.

-------------

Mischievous Chaneque - BU
    Creature - Faerie Spirit (Rare)
    Skulk
    1BU, Tap: Turn target creature card face down. It becomes a 2/2 colorless, typeless creature. Its controller may turn it face up at any time by paying its mana cost.
    1BU, Tap: Exile target face-down creature.
    1/1

Challenge: Gives us another uncommon mythologica/folkloric creature. I like seeing unusual things!

-------------

Actually, the Protection from White aspect was because White is the color of Order and Stability, and Corsi's Jester means to mock that.
    That's fair, but you do need to consider the card as a whole. It feels like a REALLY weird pairing of abilities, and "means to mock that" isn't really a firm foundation to design gameplay around. As is, the card feels only useful against a Blue/White scry deck, which is just odd. Maybe in a set themed around, say, nomadic tribal life where every color has fortune tellers and Scry is common across all of them? Not sure.
    Last edited by Djinn_in_Tonic; 2017-02-16 at 11:26 AM.

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

13. - Top - End - #43

Quote Originally Posted by Jormengand View Post
    5/5

Next: Another mythological creature from a mythology you don't see that often.
    I like the reference, and it's a very evocative design, but the actual P/T and ability on this guy just aren't worth the mana cost, especially at mythic. You could probably make this guy an 8/8 or so and he'd be totally fine. As a six-mana mostly vanilla creature, he's never going to see much play outside Commander unless he's 12/12 or bigger - Metalwork Colossus is way cheaper than this guy most of the time and he's not exactly a major player right now.

Morrigan, Phantom Queen - 1BRG
    Legendary Enchantment Creature - God

As long as your devotion to black, red and green is less than nine, Morrigan, Phantom Queen isn't a creature.
    Tapped creatures get -1/-1.
    RG, sacrifice a permanent: Creatures you control gain vigilance until end of turn. Those creatures must attack this turn if able.

5/3

Challenge: A creature which can't block.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Gauntlet View Post
    I like the reference, and it's a very evocative design, but the actual P/T and ability on this guy just aren't worth the mana cost, especially at mythic. You could probably make this guy an 8/8 or so and he'd be totally fine. As a six-mana mostly vanilla creature, he's never going to see much play outside Commander unless he's 12/12 or bigger - Metalwork Colossus is way cheaper than this guy most of the time and he's not exactly a major player right now.

Morrigan, Phantom Queen - 1BRG
    Legendary Enchantment Creature - God

As long as your devotion to black, red and green is less than nine, Morrigan, Phantom Queen isn't a creature.
    Tapped creatures get -1/-1.
    RG, sacrifice a permanent: Creatures you control gain vigilance until end of turn. Those creatures must attack this turn if able.

5/3

Challenge: A creature which can't block.
    It seems more white/black, maybe red, not Jund. The tapped creatures thing discourages attacking with -X/-X, which is white/black, granting vigilance is white, and sacrifice is black. Sacrificing lands or artifacts is more red than black, as is "must attack", but that is easily changed as there is nothing necessary about those clauses, as far as I can tell. Additionally, the other parts are very much anti-red.

Otherwise... it's an interesting card, promoting a weird, all-in strategy that involves outracing over multiple turns. It's pretty weak to be honest - unlikely to actually win you the game unless the stars align. I guess if X/1 mana dorks are a big thing?

Erupting Kavu RG
    Creature - Kavu R
    Trample
    At the beginning of combat on your turn, put a +1/+1 counter on ~. Then, unless it has 3 or more +1/+1 counters on it, tap it.
    ~ must attack if able.
    2/1

Challenge: Another card that builds up. Or another card that encourages attacking. Bonus points for both.
    Last edited by r2d2go; 2017-02-16 at 03:15 PM.

15. - Top - End - #45

Erupting Kavu RG
    Creature - Kavu R
    Trample
    At the beginning of combat on your turn, put a +1/+1 counter on ~. Then, unless it has 3 or more +1/+1 counters on it, tap it.
    ~ must attack if able.
    2/1
    This is really interesting. If you can't untap it it's power comes online pretty late, but if you can you get a 3/2 trample for 2 that just keeps growing. It is RG, so your untapping isn't as powerful as in some other colors, which means largely an early tempo loss that becomes a 5/4 on turn 5 and keeps growing from there. Definitely a strong card in the right environment. I also like the synergy it has with other green cards that add +1/+1 counters and may get this rolling earlier.

Challenge: Another card that builds up. Or another card that encourages attacking. Bonus points for both.

Dueling Golem -- 4
    Artifact Creature -- Golem Warrior
    Whenever Dueling Golem becomes blocked, put a +1/+1 counter on it.
    "It learns with every mistake, and it never forgets."
    2/4

Also, would love a critique on this one, which was missed due to my ninja-ing someone earlier.

Skulk
    1BU, Tap: Turn target creature card face down. It becomes a 2/2 colorless, typeless creature. Its controller may turn it face up at any time by paying its mana cost.
    1/1

That said...

Challenge: A card that has a vulnerability your opponent can exploit.

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

16. - Top - End - #46
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Djinn_in_Tonic View Post

Skulk
    1/1
    Oh, sorry, didn't see that. It's pretty okay, but there's two main problems - first, the evasive 1/1 and repeatable removal halves of this card don't really interact, and second, it's too much work to remove one creature. I think if you got rid of the tap on the first ability, it'd help a lot, because then you can manifest a creature so it can't block the skulk, and you can remove something in one turn (though still for 6 mana!). The ability to gain tempo by psuedo-bouncing your opponents creatures repeatedly is big, so it might have to cost more, but I think it's worth makig the card cohesive. It'd probably be fine from there, but making the last ability on-hit would further emphasize the interaction and make a more interesting system to play around.
    Last edited by r2d2go; 2017-02-16 at 03:24 PM.

17. - Top - End - #47

I like Dueling Golem. It's quite difficult to take down, being blocked as a 3/5, and if the opponent can't beat it in combat, it's a nice pseudoevasive threat that doubles as a decently-sized blocker. And if you manage to have it survive the first time it's blocked, it can grow to be a big problem. It's a simple card with a lot of interactivity, and looks like it would be quite fun.

Fearsome Quarry 3GG
    Creature - Beast (R)
    Trample, hexproof
    Creatures your opponents control have "T: This creature fights Fearsome Quarry."
    6/6

Spoiler: render
    Show

Next: Another big green beater.

Blue Ghost, Lawful Good generalist wizard, at your service.
    Love wins. S'agapo.

I make MtG cards. My portfolio

18. - Top - End - #48

OldWizardGuy

A nice beater, and that is a very interesting downside, as it allows for your opponent to potentially take it out before it can swing... though with trample, it might end up having some damage go through anyway. Still, a very nice card overall!

Verdant Butcher 4GG
    Creature- Plant Elemental R
    Trample
    Sacrifice a creature; Verdant Butcher gains Provoke until the end of the turn
    6/8

Next Challenge; A creature that interacts with a different creature subtype!
    Last edited by Warmatt; 2017-02-16 at 06:42 PM.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Pixie in the Playground

Flumph

Spoiler: Warmatt's Verdant Butcher
    Show
    Verdant Butcher 4GG
    Trample
    6/8

It's big, it's green, it's gonna beat. I'd rather see "Sac a creature: ~ fights target creature you don't control" than Provoke, but that feels more like a matter of personal preference.

Composite Guard (2)
    Artifact Creature - Golem U
    ~ doesn't untap during your untap step.
    1, Tap an untapped Artificer you control: Put a +1/+1 counter on ~ and untap it.
    "I wouldn't call it a masterpiece, but with all of us pitching in it did what we needed from it."
    1/1

Next Challenge: Something befitting a Ravnica guild. Izzet's a personal favorite, but you're free to choose whichever you wanna go for.
    Last edited by quietkal; 2017-02-17 at 12:14 AM.
    [joke.avi]

Spoiler: My peeps
    Show
    Teapot, #a52a2a brown, Gluteus_Maximus's Storm King's Thunder which has been discontinued
    Eel of Flowers, probably not going to see play

20. - Top - End - #50
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by quietkal View Post
    Spoiler: Warmatt's Verdant Butcher
    Show
    Verdant Butcher 4GG
    Trample
    6/8

It's big, it's green, it's gonna beat. I'd rather see "Sac a creature: ~ fights target creature you don't control" than Provoke, but that feels more like a matter of personal preference.

Composite Guard (2)
    Artifact Creature - Golem U
    ~ doesn't untap during your untap step.
    1, Tap an untapped Artificer you control: Put a +1/+1 counter on ~ and untap it.
    "I wouldn't call it a masterpiece, but with all of us pitching in it did what we needed from it."
    1/1

Next Challenge: Something befitting a Ravnica guild. Izzet's a personal favorite, but you're free to choose whichever you wanna go for.
    I wish it were a little bigger to start - with a bunch of artificers, it's gonna get real big real quick, regardless. Then, you could have a 2/2 defender in limited, even without too much synergy helping it out. Still, it's probably fine - it goes from 1/1 to Big/Big with psuedovigilance real quick.

Wavestorm Weird 1UR
    Creature - Weird U
    Whenever you cast a noncreature spell, you may tap target creature.
    UR, T - Deal 2 damage to target tapped creature.
    1/3

Challenge: Another card with interacting parts. Or another Ravnican card. Bonus points for both.

21. - Top - End - #51

Wavestorm Weird 1UR
    Creature - Weird U
    Whenever you cast a noncreature spell, you may tap target creature.
    UR, T - Deal 2 damage to target tapped creature.
    1/3

Challenge: Another card with interacting parts. Or another Ravnican card. Bonus points for both.
    Repeatable removal at uncommon is really good, even conditional. Izzet cards tend to care specifically about instants and sorceries rather than noncreature spells in general. This guy seems like he's either dominate Limited or be super fringe, depending on the number of good (or recurring) instants and sorceries in the format - although he punishes attacking pretty hard even if you don't have any good untap effects. He makes combat math pretty miserable for the opponent.

Shadowlance Paladin - 1BW
    Creature - Human Knight - Rare
    Lifelink
    BW: Shadowlance Paladin gets +2/+2 until end of turn.
    BW: Shadowlance Paladin gains first strike until end of turn.
    2/2

Challenge: Another cheap creature that acts as a mana sink lategame.

22. - Top - End - #52

Quote Originally Posted by Gauntlet View Post
    Shadowlance Paladin - 1BW
    Creature - Human Knight - Rare
    Lifelink
    BW: Shadowlance Paladin gets +2/+2 until end of turn.
    BW: Shadowlance Paladin gains first strike until end of turn.
    2/2
    This feels like a worst Knight of Meadowgrain with a buff option, and that makes me automatically wonder if it's a little weak (although I do think Knight of Meadowgrain is pretty damn pushed for a 2-drop).

I think I'd like it better at BW instead of 1BW though, or with First Strike costing just W instead of BW (especially since First Strike isn't very black). Maybe both.

Still, solid card, and a good mana sink for sure.

Challenge: Another cheap creature that acts as a mana sink lategame.
    Bountiful Beebles - 1UU
    Creature - Beeble (Rare)
    Bountiful Beebles can't be blocked unless all attacking creatures named Bountiful Beebles are blocked.
    1UU: Create a token that's a copy of Bountiful Beebles.
    2/2

-------

That text SHOULD work, due to cards like Tromokratis that check blocker states for multiple permanents (although that one works the other way).

-------

Challenge: A Wumpus.

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

23. - Top - End - #53

OldWizardGuy

A nice card that creates copies of itself, that allows you to swing big if you vastly outnumber the enemy creatures, but weak to boardwide damage. A nice little... beebble?

Thoughtless Wumpus 3U
    Creature- Beast UC
    When ~ enters play, each opponent may draw two cards
    Discard a card- Tap ~. Any player may activate this ability
    "They tend not to think things through...."
    6/6

Next Challenge; A White Wumpus!

24. - Top - End - #54
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

A nice card that creates copies of itself, that allows you to swing big if you vastly outnumber the enemy creatures, but weak to boardwide damage. A nice little... beebble?

Thoughtless Wumpus 3U
    Creature- Beast UC
    When ~ enters play, each opponent may draw two cards
    Discard a card- Tap ~. Any player may activate this ability
    "They tend not to think things through...."
    6/6

Next Challenge; A White Wumpus!
    It's a little weird, but overall not bad. It's very easy to deal with, so it's honestly pretty weak, but at least it's a relatively cohesive, thematic card.

Impressionable Wumpus 3W
    Creature - Beast U
    Whenever ~ attacks, defending player may pay 2. If they do, they gain control of ~.
    6/6

Challenge: Either make the black wumpus fit the cycle, or start a new uncommon cycle.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Pixie in the Playground

Flumph

Impressionable Wumpus 3W
    Creature - Beast U
    Whenever ~ attacks, defending player may pay 2. If they do, they gain control of ~.
    6/6
    I guess. I'd rather have seen a more White effect than the traditionally U/R control exchange, but this is fine. Really strong on curve as it forces opponent to choose between playing on curve or keeping you from swinging this beatstick in. Maybe slot this into Boros aggro? I don't think it'd find a spot in control, would rather just have the boardwipe for 4 than a single blocker who might never get to swing in.

Challenge: Make a black Wumpus to fit the cycle, or start a new uncommon cycle.
    Dread Wumpus 3B
    Creature - Beast U
    Whenever ~ deals combat damage to a creature, that creature's controller creates a 2/2 black Zombie creature token.
    "They tend to meet the same obstacles over and over again..."
    6/6

Next Challenge: Red or Green Wumpus for the cycle, pls. Triple points for the surprise Purple Wumpus that no one expected or wanted.
    Or if you're over Wumpus, how about an aura which enchants an artifact?
    [joke.avi]

Show
    Teapot, #a52a2a brown, Gluteus_Maximus's Storm King's Thunder which has been discontinued

26. - Top - End - #56
    Halfling in the Playground

I don't have much to say about this. I think that its power is about right, averaging out to 3 damage a turn, which for Black is about on curve for a 4-drop.

Recursion Wumpus 3P
    Creature- Wunpus U
    Whenever ~ deals combat damage to a player, that player returns target card they own in exile to their hand.
    6/6

Challenge: the red or green one. If Wumpi don't excite you, make something exciting. Bonus points for both.

Extended Sig

Quote Originally Posted by Duck999 View Post
    Christmas starts when Halloween ends, Halloween starts after New Year. The only part of the year that isn't a holiday is between Christmas and December 31st.

27. - Top - End - #57

I share Maro's opinion that exile should not be messed with, except perhaps in very carefully controlled environments with a strong flavor (pulling this off well was one of the strong points of BFZ, in my opinion). Allowing cards to come back from exile compromises both parts of exile's mechanical identity, as a means of permanently removing cards or as a place to temporarily store cards for a specific purpose. I'm thinking of Yu-Gi-Oh, where the ease of getting back cards that were removed from the game made the mechanical distinction between removing-from-game and the graveyard nearly meaningless. This only affecting the opponent's exile does limit potential for abuse, but it still damages the integrity of exile.
    Apart from my general qualms about messing with exile, this interacts with exile effects in a weird way. The drawback is nonexistent if you're not running exile effects, which as I understand, goes against the mechanical philosophy of purple as a color. In particular, it punishes exile-based targeted removal by forcing you to return cards that you specifically spent resources to remove. I don't think that's a good direction for gameplay.

The red and green wumpuses already exist, so I'll do something different.

Champion of Grace 3W
    Creature - Human Soldier (R)
    Prowess
    Whenever you cast a spell that targets only Champion of Grace, you may return that spell to its owner's hand as it resolves.
    3/3

Spoiler: Render
    Show

Next: Colorshift a legendary creature.

Love wins. S'agapo.

28. - Top - End - #58

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Ghost View Post
    Champion of Grace 3W
    Creature - Human Soldier (R)
    Prowess
    Whenever you cast a spell that targets only Champion of Grace, you may return that spell to its owner's hand as it resolves.
    3/3
    This is really cool in concept, but I'm afraid of it being HORRIBLY broken. It just gets way too much value for cost.

Imagine. Turn 4 you play this. Turn 5 you do any of the following...

• x5 Barkshell Blessing to give it +15/+15.
    • x5 Defiant Strike to give it +10/+5 and draw 5 cards.
    • x5 Mortal's Ardor to give it +10/+10 and 5 instances of Lifelink, for 65 life gained.

And since the cards bounce, you can just repeat this and collect spells in hand. The value this single thing gives is ludicrous, and although I love the idea I just don't think it works.

Might be able to salvage it with something like "Whenever you cast a spell that targets only Champion of Grace, you may exile it. If you do, return that spell to its owner's hand at end of turn."

You can still get infinite value from spells, but it's not as concentrated and thus not as ripe for abuse. You actually need more than one cheap spell to go nova with it now.

Next: Colorshift a legendary creature.
    Arcanis the All-Consuming - 3RRR
    Legendary Creature - Wizard
    Tap: Deal three damage to target creature.
    2RR: Deal 10 damage to all creatures.
    3/4

Challenge: Another card with three single-color mana.
    Last edited by Djinn_in_Tonic; 2017-02-17 at 07:08 PM.

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

29. - Top - End - #59
    Pixie in the Playground

Flumph

• x5 Mortal's Ardor to give it +10/+10 and 5 instances of Lifelink, for 65 life gained.
    Spoiler: Multiple Instances of Lifelink Interaction
    Show
    Multiple lifelink instances don't affect the creature more than single instance would, fortunately enough, so only 13 life on that attack. Which is still a pretty good trade for WWWWW and no card loss.
    But yeah being able to immediately recast a buff on champion of grace is busted.
    [joke.avi]

Show

30. - Top - End - #60

Might be able to salvage it with something like "Whenever you cast a spell that targets only Champion of Grace, you may exile it. If you do, return that spell to its owner's hand at end of turn."
    I like that! I will be updating it accordingly. Thanks!

Love wins. S'agapo.