The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Barbarian in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

Default Re: MtG: YMTC challenge V: Familicide is a CMC 5 Black Sorcery

Quote Originally Posted by Djinn_in_Tonic View Post
    /
    Arcanis the All-Consuming - 3RRR
    Legendary Creature - Wizard
    Tap: Deal three damage to target creature.
    2RR: Deal 10 damage to all creatures.
    3/4

Challenge: Another card with three single-color mana.
    Honestly, considering OG Arcanis gives you an Ancestral Recall every turn, the tap ability could probably just be Lightning Bolt. The second ability is interesting; I'm not sure if you meant it to kill itself, too. Still, it's possibly a bit on the weak side for a 7 CMC creature. Possibly buff its P/T to 5/5 or so?

Gluttonous Demon- BBB
    Creature- Demon (R)
    Flying
    At the beginning of your upkeep, you may sacrifice another creature. If you do, put two +1/+1 counters on Gluttonous Demon. If you don't, tap Gluttonous Demon.
    3/3

Challenge: A phoenix!

2. - Top - End - #62
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

It's pretty good - swinging in as a 5/5 flier on turn 4 is nothing to sneeze at. It'd be cool in some sort of suicide black deck as a way to get rid of efficient drawback weenies while doing your thing? Pretty cool, though it'd need some significant support in mono black to work.

Bonedust Hatchling 1RB
    Creature - Skeleton Phoenix U
    Flying
    RB - Return ~ from the graveyard to the battlefield tapped. Deal 1 damage target creature or player.
    2/1

Challenge: Another CMC = P + T card. Or, a gentle giant. Bonus points for both.

3. - Top - End - #63

Quote Originally Posted by r2d2go View Post
    Bonedust Hatchling 1RB
    Creature - Skeleton Phoenix U
    Flying
    RB - Return ~ from the graveyard to the battlefield tapped. Deal 1 damage target creature or player.
    2/1

Challenge: Another CMC = P + T card. Or, a gentle giant. Bonus points for both.
    That's one of the more efficient recurring creatures we've seen. The only creature that returns to the battlefield on demand more easily than this guy is Gravecrawler, who has the downside of placing deckbuilding restrictions on you and doesn't come back if your board has been swept. This guy is also repeatable removal, and has the interesting unintuitive edge case scenario where you have to ping yourself if your opponent is hexproof, and if the target becomes invalid in response (say, a creature is sacrificed or gains protection from black) the phoenix doesn't come back. This creature is powerful enough that it should probably not be at uncommon, and IMO you want to make the return ability cost at least 3 mana. I'm certain this guy would see a ton of play in Modern Dredge at the very least, it's arguably better than Bloodghast.

Gentle Giant - 3WW
    Creature - Giant Advisor - Rare
    Defender, Soulbond
    As long as Gentle Giant is paired with a creature, that creature has indestructible and hexproof, and both creatures have 'when this creature dies, draw a card.'
    0/5

Challenge: A creature with a printed toughness of 0.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

It's got a lot of moving parts, and I'm not sure they're all necessary. The central ability of this card is a lot like Aegis Angel, which seems like it can be done better just by writing it out, rather than soulbonding. The card draw seems like a minor, unrelated benefit, which is also better done without soulbond, as it's only really going to trigger on the protected creature against very specifically mass -X/-X. Yes, Soulbond allows you to not bind anything, and then bind as a new creature ETBs, but because this is almost always going to die first (again, except with mass -X/-X, but even more specifically X < 5), it's very unlikely to bind more than once. Basically, it's a pretty balanced card (compared to the kinda mediocre Aegis Angel, you get 1 mana, hexproof, a card, and the ability to play this first, in exchange for not having a 5/5 flier to beat face with), it's just weird.

Force of Discipline 2U
    Creature - Elemental R
    Flash
    When ~ enters the battlefield, counter target spell unless its controller pays X, where X is ~'s power.
    5/0

Challenge: Another card that is a lot better with a deck built around it. Bonus points if you make it a legendary creature for Commander.

5. - Top - End - #65

It's got a lot of moving parts, and I'm not sure they're all necessary. The central ability of this card is a lot like Aegis Angel, which seems like it can be done better just by writing it out, rather than soulbonding. The card draw seems like a minor, unrelated benefit, which is also better done without soulbond, as it's only really going to trigger on the protected creature against very specifically mass -X/-X. Yes, Soulbond allows you to not bind anything, and then bind as a new creature ETBs, but because this is almost always going to die first (again, except with mass -X/-X, but even more specifically X < 5), it's very unlikely to bind more than once. Basically, it's a pretty balanced card (compared to the kinda mediocre Aegis Angel, you get 1 mana, hexproof, a card, and the ability to play this first, in exchange for not having a 5/5 flier to beat face with), it's just weird.
    ... Edict effects, sacrificing your own creatures, infect/wither damage, creatures that "use up" themselves like Fertilid?...

6. - Top - End - #66
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gauntlet View Post
    ... Edict effects, sacrificing your own creatures, infect/wither damage, creatures that "use up" themselves like Fertilid?...
    I was going to ask why you were making the giant protect creatures you were going to sacrifice anyway, but I just realized that you actually meant to make two separate cards. One is the Gentle Giant that wants to protect your creatures, and the other is an Exploit Giant that just wants to watch them die. Split it up, put one in Lorwyn and the other in Shadowmoor, and suddenly this idea looks much better.

Force of Discipline is actually a very good counterspell. It works well with a simic-esque strategy that lets it come into play with counters, obviously. It's powerful enough as-is that they might not want to print it, but you could tone it down to 3/0 and it will still showcase the strategy you're going for extremely well.

Elf-ball Person G
    Creature - Elf R
    T: Add an amount of R to your mana pool equal to the number of times you've cast a card from the command zone this game.
    1/1

Challenge! Make a card for my mana-acceleration/X-spells deck. I'm not very good at it.
    Leo, Ajax, Deshy, Cutty.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Gunsforhands View Post
    Elf-ball Person G
    Creature - Elf R
    T: Add an amount of R to your mana pool equal to the number of times you've cast a card from the command zone this game.
    1/1

Challenge! Make a card for my mana-acceleration/X-spells deck. I'm not very good at it.
    They don't do mana elves at 1 mana anymore, but this one is unique as it won't technically be a mana elf until further into the game. It's potentially phenomenal with the new Partner Commanders as well.

ManaGeyser 2UR
    Enchantment
    Cumulative upkeep—Add R to your mana pool. (At the beginning of your upkeep, put an age counter on this permanent, then sacrifice it unless you pay its upkeep cost for each age counter on it.)
    You may cast nonland cards during your upkeep phase as though they had flash.

Challenge: a card with a cycling variant

8. - Top - End - #68
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

It's tempting to compare this to Braid of Fire, but it's not really much like it. Rather than being a niche instant fuel enchantment, it's a very general-use ramp enchantment that encourages proactive plays. Because of that, I don't know how red or blue this really is - sure, flash is blue, but it's also white and green, and it's not actually using flash for anything other than as a crutch to enable an archaic mechanic as the engine behind the ramp. Basically, this would be better if it was mono green and just said "At the beginning of your first main phase, put a time counter on ~, then add G to your mana pool for each time counter on ~."

At face playability value, though... it's not as powerful as it might seem, I think. While yes, it's a lot of mana over time, it's very slow and restricted. You're usually better off ramping for 2+ and immediately playing game-ending threats than waiting the extra couple turns to play... slightly bigger game ending threats, if you have 3 or more, I guess. It is a nifty mechanic though, with a lot of potential in a slow format like EDH.

I can't tell if you mean a card with an optional cycle, a card that has an existing version that cycles, or an existing card + cycle. Only the first one is really interesting, so...

Erudite's Ether 4U
    Enchantment - U
    As ~ enters the battlefield, choose Dreams or Reality:
    • Dreams - At the end of your turn, draw a card.
    • Reality - Creatures your opponents control get -2/-0.

Pretty sure it's weak, but I'm also pretty sure that's okay.

Challenge: Another anchor word card (choose X or Y, with a permanent effect based on X or Y). Or, a big creature with small stats.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Firbolg in the Playground

For an uncommon, I think this is quite strong. It's twice as strong as Dampening Field, already a really good uncommon, at only one higher cost, and drawing you a card every turn is quite strong as well in a control deck. I like how the two sides interact: If you need something to control the opponent's creatures, you choose Reality, and if you already have things under control, you choose Dreams. The impact is high enough that I think this should be rare rather than uncommon.
    (I think the challenge wanted a card with a variant of the cycling ability.)

Marchesa, the Poisoner Queen 2WB
    Legendary Creature - Human Assassin (M)
    When Marchesa, the Poisoner Queen enters the battlefield, each opponent chooses loyalist or rebel.
    You and Marchesa have protection from loyalists.
    Whenever a creature attacks a rebel, that creature gains deathtouch and lifelink until end of turn.
    3/3

Next: A Zombie that's not blue or black.
    Last edited by Blue Ghost; 2017-02-21 at 05:15 PM.

Blue Ghost, Lawful Good generalist wizard, at your service.
    Love wins. S'agapo.

I make MtG cards. My portfolio

10. - Top - End - #70

OldWizardGuy

An interesting multiplayer card, that makes her a priority target, entirely due to the protection mechanic. Granted, the rebel benefit is awesome as well, and can lead to a lose/lose for those pesky rebels :)

Fungal Manipulator 2GG
    Creature- Plant
    When you play ~, return a creature from your graveyard to the battlefield, with ~ equipped.
    Equipped creature gains +2/+2 and is a Plant Zombie in addition to it's other types.
    When ~ or the equipped creature leave the field, sacrifice both of them
    0/2

So, somewhat complicated, but overall, it nabs something from the graveyard, and acts as a enchantment.... so somewhat similar to Bestow, but when it's host dies, so does the fungus... and if the fungus dies, so does the host.

Next Challenge; Another creature that acts as an equipment or enchantment!
    Summer Job has started, and eats a lot of time, particularly on weekends. Replies my be delayed.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Banned

Creatures can't be equipped to things, and I'm not a fan of something which whips the creature straight off the stack the moment it's cast even if it did work. It functions as an aura enchantment that gives the equipped creature +2/+2, only it kills it if the enemy has a shock handy, which is really low value as well. The card just doesn't succeed in any of its basic concepts: it doesn't work, if it did work it would never resolve and be put onto the battlefield even if it was countered, and it wouldn't even be that good.

Possessed Plate Mail 6W
    Enchantment Creature - Spirit Knight R
    Bestow 8W
    Flying, Lifelink
    Enchanted creature gets +6/+6 and has lifelink.
    6/6

Next: Another card with two or more types.
    Last edited by Jormengand; 2017-02-21 at 05:54 PM.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Troll in the Playground

For 9 mana, you might as well give the enchanted creature flying too. I'll just forget I can block it otherwise.
    I'm not sure I like the name, since I'm pretty sure that there's already some possessed armor that was billed as regular equipment. Depending on the setting, it might make more sense to call it an Archon or something. Otherwise, it's fine. Big and scary, I'd be happy to play it.

Sunken Shrine - (insert atypical skull symbol)
    Enchantment Land - Swamp Shrine C
    (T: Add B to your mana pool.)
    Sunken Shrine is black and adds 1 to your devotion to black.
    Sunken Shrine enters the battlefield tapped.
    Built in tribute to a Lich King's advice.
    Note to self: sunlit, seaside, sunken, sizzling, sylvan
    Challenge! Make a speedy green creature - a flightless bird!
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2017-02-21 at 07:23 PM.
    Leo, Ajax, Deshy, Cutty.

13. - Top - End - #73

OldWizardGuy

A nice and simple shrine, gives you some mana and counts to devotion, simple and effective.

Dodo-nin 1G
    Creature- Bird Ninja UC
    Shulk
    Whenever ~ deals combat damage to a player, they sacrifice a creature with power three or greater
    Ninjutsu 1G
    "They are not extinct... they just got sneakier."
    1/1

Next Challenge; Another weird ninja!
    Summer Job has started, and eats a lot of time, particularly on weekends. Replies my be delayed.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

The main problem I have with it is that none of the abilities it has are green and don't feel green at all. Not sure about the repeatable force sac as it feels as if it could get it off hand quickly but the skulk helps in a ninjutsu deck to get the unblocked trigger. But then you run into the colour issue again.

So a weird ninja. Diametrically opposed to ninjas would be samurais?

Shadowhonor weird 1WU
    Creature - Weird samurai ninja U
    Ninjutsu WU
    Whenever ~ deals combat damage to a player, it gains bushido 2.
    2/2

I should have probably phrased it to use counters given multiple instances of bushido stack. Pity it loses the bushido if you use it to get something else with ninjutsu out.

Challenge: another weird
    Being a mime means never having to say you're sorry.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Tom the Mime View Post
    The main problem I have with it is that none of the abilities it has are green and don't feel green at all. Not sure about the repeatable force sac as it feels as if it could get it off hand quickly but the skulk helps in a ninjutsu deck to get the unblocked trigger. But then you run into the colour issue again.

So a weird ninja. Diametrically opposed to ninjas would be samurais?

Shadowhonor weird 1WU
    Creature - Weird samurai ninja U
    Ninjutsu WU
    Whenever ~ deals combat damage to a player, it gains bushido 2.
    2/2

I should have probably phrased it to use counters given multiple instances of bushido stack. Pity it loses the bushido if you use it to get something else with ninjutsu out.

Challenge: another weird
    A lot of problems with this. I get that you're mixing ninja and samurai, so white-blue is kind of a thing, but this isn't very white-blue. It wants you to go aggro, swinging in each turn as a basically unblockable mega-bushido dude. It also has both problems you mention yourself - memory due to the permanent bushido gain, and it's psuedo-unblockability isn't as useful in a ninjitsu deck due to the loss of bushido. Lastly, it really shouldn't be a weird. A weird is a forcible amalgamation of diametrically opposed elements, permanently clashing in an embodiment of chaos. This is just a dude with two jobs - and even if you argue it's the elemental essence of... ninjas and samurai, mixed together, it's in the colors of order.

If this was, say, 2WU and Ninjitsu 1WU with vigilance, and just a samurai/ninja without the insertion of weird into the name and type, you'd have a nifty combination attacker/blocker, at least. As-is, it's... meh.

Flowcrystal Weird 2UR
    Creature - R
    Trample
    Whenever you cast an instant or sorcery, put a +1/+1 counter on ~.
    Remove a +1/+1 counter from ~: Deal 3 damage to target creature blocking ~.
    2/3

Challenge: A small guy with big stats. Or, a two color uncommon.
    Last edited by r2d2go; 2017-02-22 at 06:22 AM.

16. - Top - End - #76

Flowcrystal Weird 2UR
    Creature - R
    Trample
    Whenever you cast an instant or sorcery, put a +1/+1 counter on ~.
    Remove a +1/+1 counter from ~: Deal 3 damage to target creature blocking ~.
    2/3

Challenge: A small guy with big stats. Or, a two color uncommon.
    Seems fine, if a little overcosted. He's basically a guy with better-Prowess and creatures blocking him have their toughness cut in three. He'd very rarely get blocked I suspect - his strength depends pretty much entirely on how many one-mana cantrips there are in the format, since you really want to be casting 3+ spells as soon as you untap with this guy in play.
    He also doesn't have any creature types.

Valiant Giantslayers - 1RW
    Creature - Kithkin Warrior - Uncommon

Whenever Valiant Giantslayers blocks or is blocked by a creature with power 4 or greater, it gets +2/+0 and gains indestructible until end of turn.

3/2

Challenge: An Equipment or Aura card.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Firbolg in the Playground

I like this. It's a fairly sized uncommon with a flavorful ability that's relevant but not overwhelming, to help even the odds in lopsided games. It has potential to be a decent player in Limited. But I think I would prefer to see this in monowhite. In a normal set, the space for two-color uncommons is very limited, and should be reserved for cards that are exceptionally powerful and/or build-around. If you changed it to +2/+2 and lost indestructibility, it would make a nice monowhite common.

Subjugate 2UB
    Enchantment - Aura (R)
    Enchant creature
    You control enchanted creature.
    Enchanted creature gets -1/-1.

Next: A board wipe.

Blue Ghost, Lawful Good generalist wizard, at your service.
    Love wins. S'agapo.

I make MtG cards. My portfolio

18. - Top - End - #78
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Turns out a worse, harder to cast Control Magic is still pretty good. Solid card, feels a little bad but ends up being pretty good in limited, I think.

Rockfall 1RR
    Sorcery - U
    Deal 4 damage to each player and each creature without flying.
    ...everyone dies.

Challenge: Another card with more than one purpose. Or, a card that has increased specificity in exchange for power. Bonus points for both - for example, Ride Down is removal that can only target blockers, but lets you deal extra surprise damage in exchange. It's extra specific removal, but serves two purposes - removing problematic blockers and sneaking in damage.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Turns out a worse, harder to cast Control Magic is still pretty good. Solid card, feels a little bad but ends up being pretty good in limited, I think.

Rockfall 1RR
    Sorcery - U
    Deal 4 damage to each player and each creature without flying.
    ...everyone dies.

Challenge: Another card with more than one purpose. Or, a card that has increased specificity in exchange for power. Bonus points for both - for example, Ride Down is removal that can only target blockers, but lets you deal extra surprise damage in exchange. It's extra specific removal, but serves two purposes - removing problematic blockers and sneaking in damage.

That's probably broken. It's strictly better than Flamebreak, Slagstorm, Sulfurous Blast, and the other Red sweepers. It's essentially a 3 mana red wrath in the bulk of situations. It would probably be at least 4-5 mana to be on point

Iterative Rebuttal 3R
    Instant
    If ~ targets a blue instant spell, ~ costs 2 less to play.
    Copy target instant or sorcery spell. You may choose new targets for the copy.

Challenge: Another card that's really powerful in a niche case.

20. - Top - End - #80

Quote Originally Posted by Vogie View Post
    That's probably broken. It's strictly better than Flamebreak, Slagstorm, Sulfurous Blast, and the other Red sweepers. It's essentially a 3 mana red wrath in the bulk of situations. It would probably be at least 4-5 mana to be on point

Iterative Rebuttal 3R
    Instant
    If ~ targets a blue instant spell, ~ costs 2 less to play.
    Copy target instant or sorcery spell. You may choose new targets for the copy.

Challenge: Another card that's really powerful in a niche case.
    Reverberate costs a flat 2 and does this to any spell. Sure, it's double red, but costing twice as much in ~80% of cases is a way bigger downside than a slightly harsher colour restriction. Especially considering that Reverberate sees basically no play already. This would probably be just fine if it costs 2R base / R against blue instants.
    Also, I get that it's meant to be used against counterspells, but the name really doesn't make much sense. It's not a rebuttal, because it's not actually stopping the spell, and it's not iterative, because you're only casting it once.

Overwhelm - 3RG
    Instant - Rare
    Creatures you control get +2/+2 and gain trample until end of turn. Overwhelm deals 2 damage to each blocking creature.

Challenge: A white/black card.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Pixie in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Gauntlet View Post
    Overwhelm - 3RG
    Instant - Rare
    Creatures you control get +2/+2 and gain trample until end of turn. Overwhelm deals 2 damage to each blocking creature.
    Hi Overrun, nice to see you again. Also, that's not what Overwhelm does!

Jokes aside, Overrun for +1/+1 less is still strong. Debatably better than Overrun as the +1/+1 you miss out on is just added as damage direct to any blockers. You get punished harder for it being countered, as with Overrun you can just not attack if the trades won't line up well, but still a good finisher spell for an aggro deck in the set. Don't think it'd see play in other formats, maybe commander to counter mass tokens chumping your aggro deck.
    Not sure that swinging with multiple creatures and some of them being blocked is 'niche,' but definitely still powerful.

Challenge: A white/black card
    Tithe-Collector Gwyllion - 4(W/B)(W/B)
    Creature - Hag R
    Persist
    When ~ enters the battlefield, return target creature from your graveyard to the battlefield under your control with a -1/-1 counter on it. You lose life equal to its toughness.
    3/3
    "Only two things in life are certain. Death, and paying a gwyllion. Sometimes they're the same thing."

Next Challenge: An Artifact which cares about Equipment, or an Enchantment which cares about Auras.
    Or, make another creature that we didn't get to see much of, like the Gwyllions from the Shadowmoor block
    Last edited by quietkal; 2017-02-23 at 12:32 PM.
    [joke.avi]

Spoiler: My peeps
    Show
    Teapot, #a52a2a brown, Gluteus_Maximus's Storm King's Thunder which has been discontinued
    Eel of Flowers, probably not going to see play

22. - Top - End - #82

ElfMonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by quietkal View Post
    Tithe-Collector Gwyllion - 4(W/B)(W/B) Creature - Hag R
    Persist
    When ~ enters the battlefield, return target creature from your graveyard to the battlefield under your control with a -1/-1 counter on it. You lose life equal to its toughness.
    3/3
    "Only two things in life are certain. Death, and paying a gwyllion. Sometimes they're the same thing."

Next Challenge: An Artifact which cares about Equipment, or an Enchantment which cares about Auras.
    Or, make another creature that we didn't get to see much of, like the Gwyllions from the Shadowmoor block
    I don't see what's white about this at all, and since it's hybrid mana, you could get back two creatures in mono-white, which is weird. The power level seems pretty good: a potent effect for a high price.

Spirit's Whimsy- 2WW
    Enchantment (R)
    X: Attach target Aura you control to target creature. X is that Aura's converted mana cost.

Make a card that does something with token creatures!
    Last edited by mythmonster2; 2017-02-23 at 04:50 PM.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Spoiler: quick note @critique@rockfall
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Vogie View Post
    Probably broken. It's strictly better than Flamebreak, Slagstorm, Sulfurous Blast, and the other Red sweepers.
    That's not what strictly better means (Flamebreak stops regen, Slagstorm gives you choice, and Sulfurous Blast can be cast at instant speed. Also, dealing less damage isn't strictly worse, since it hits both players). Better than those cards, maybe (though in the right format, say where fliers are pretty relevant, this is probably sideboard material).

Spoiler: quick note @critique@Tithe-Collector
    Show
    Resurrection is a partially white.

Quote Originally Posted by mythmonster2 View Post
    I don't see what's white about this at all, and since it's hybrid mana, you could get back two creatures in mono-white, which is weird. The power level seems pretty good: a potent effect for a high price.

Spirit's Whimsy- 2WW
    Enchantment (R)
    X: Attach target Aura you control to target creature. X is that Aura's converted mana cost.

Make a card that does something with token creatures!
    I think you want "Attach target Aura with converted mana cost X". Anyway, it's probably too weak, since it's at best weak card advantage - it lets you basically immediately recast an aura from your graveyard as the thing its enchanting dies. Getting rid of the big weakness of auras is probably good, but I think this costs too much to do it - it could cost half as much and probably be fine. That said, it'd be interesting to see it on something other than its own enchantment - like a 3 mana 2/2, and make this a tap effect that costs less (e.g. 1W).

Ethereal Firebrand 1WR
    Creature - Spirit Soldier R
    Tokens you control get +1/+0.
    WR, T - Create a 1/1 white and red spirit token with haste.
    2/2

Challenge: Another general. Or, something general. Bonus points for both.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Pixie in the Playground

Flumph

Spoiler: Re: Tithe-Collector critque
    Show
    I mean, there's Debtor's Knell, which is a W/B card which does resurrection on each of your upkeeps, but admittedly that also feels a little weird and should be more like WBB than triple W/B.
    Eh.

Ethereal Firebrand 1WR
    Creature - Spirit Soldier R
    Tokens you control get +1/+0.
    WR, T - Create a 1/1 white and red spirit token with haste.
    2/2
    It does something with tokens! Put a big ol' check on there.
    Seems decent; not going to break the game but nice to have in tokens, and a way to add another boy to your board if you've got some extra mana just hanging around. I don't think there's a lot of White/Red support for Spirit tribal, and honestly not crazy about them being just Spirits. I would have rathered seen Soldier or Spirit Soldier tokens, but involving the fairly well supported Soldier subtype might be making the tokens a bit too strong maybe.
    Also, Spirits without flying =.=\\ Technically fine but just like...I guess.
    Overall: good. Nothing crazy, but still decently strong.

Challenge: Another general. Or, something general. Bonus points for both.
    Rubblebelt Warcaller - 4(R/G)(R/G)
    Creature - Human Warrior U
    Whenever a creature you control attacks, put two +1/+1 counters on it.
    3/3

Next Challenge: A creature that makes mana, but not "one mana of any color."
    Or, an artifact creature with reach.
    [joke.avi]

Spoiler: My peeps
    Show
    Teapot, #a52a2a brown, Gluteus_Maximus's Storm King's Thunder which has been discontinued
    Eel of Flowers, probably not going to see play

25. - Top - End - #85

Quote Originally Posted by quietkal View Post
    Rubblebelt Warcaller - 4(R/G)(R/G)
    Creature - Human Warrior U
    Whenever a creature you control attacks, put two +1/+1 counters on it.
    3/3

Next Challenge: A creature that makes mana, but not "one mana of any color."
    Or, an artifact creature with reach.
    As an uncommon, this guy takes over a game extremely quickly if you have any kind of board position in limited. He's also a six mana 3/3, so he's unlikely to do anything impressive in constructed. Seems fine, though I like my limited-focused uncommons slightly lower down the power scale and at a lower mana cost, since this guy is very 'feast or famine'.

Cowl Sentinel - 4
    Artifact Creature - Spider - Uncommon
    Reach
    1G, Sacrifice Cowl Sentinel: Destroy target artifact or enchantment.
    2/4

Challenge: A small creature with Flying.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Probably balanced, being a Giant Spider with a host of upsides at uncommon. I don't see it being too good in even the most well-tailored limited format (lots of small fliers, artifacts, and enchantments, all in separate colors), and certainly it's not playable in any constructed format. It's easy to cast, has utility, and has decent blocking power, so while it is by no means a strong limited option, it's playable at like 4th-6th pick.

Murderous Crow 2B
    Creature - Bird U
    Flying
    Whenever a creature dies, you may pay B. If you do, create a 1/1 black Bird token with flying.
    2/2

Challenge: Another uncommon with a triggered ability. Or, a smart creature.

27. - Top - End - #87

BlackDragon

Spoiler: White resurrection
    Show
    There's literally a white card called Resurrection. Admittedly it's from Alpha, but it's still in White's wheelhouse with cards like Reya Dawnbringer, Sun Titan and Bruna, The Fading Light. Mark Rosewater has stated that White should mostly be limited to bringing back small creatures a la Sun Titan, but the Gwyllion would be a colour pie bend at most rather than a break.

Probably balanced, being a Giant Spider with a host of upsides at uncommon. I don't see it being too good in even the most well-tailored limited format (lots of small fliers, artifacts, and enchantments, all in separate colors), and certainly it's not playable in any constructed format. It's easy to cast, has utility, and has decent blocking power, so while it is by no means a strong limited option, it's playable at like 4th-6th pick.

Murderous Crow 2B
    Creature - Bird U
    Flying
    Whenever a creature dies, you may pay B. If you do, create a 1/1 black Bird token with flying.
    2/2

Challenge: Another uncommon with a triggered ability. Or, a smart creature.
    Pretty potent limited card. A splashable 2/2 flyer for 3 is already a decent pick. The ability is virtually guaranteed to trigger through normal play if the card sticks around for any length of time, and also interacts nicely with both removal and sacrifice abilities. It's not that hard to remove though and doesn't really do much on its own, so it's probably safe as-costed. I think as written it would trigger off itself dying? The fact that most other creatures with similar triggers say "whenever another creature dies..." would imply that it would, and either way I'd prefer it to say that to avoid rules confusion.

Jace's Aide 1U
    Creature - Human Advisor (U)
    Whenever you activate a loyalty ability of a planeswalker, you may pay 2. If you do, draw a card.
    1/3

Challenge: another card that interacts with planeswalkers.
    Allergy advice: posts may contain traces of sarcasm

28. - Top - End - #88

ElfMonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Ebon_Drake View Post
    Jace's Aide 1U
    Creature - Human Advisor (U)
    Whenever you activate a loyalty ability of a planeswalker, you may pay 2. If you do, draw a card.
    1/3

Challenge: another card that interacts with planeswalkers.
    So, the card itself seems pretty decent, if situational. Very useful in a Superfriends deck. The rarity is the only problem I have; the only cards that do stuff with planeswalkers are either rare or mythic rare, and the Oaths at least do something when you don't have a planeswalker. On the other hand, this would also feel a bit weird as a rare or mythic. Maybe give it another ability, so it's not just a vanilla 1/3 when you don't have a planeswalker?

Unsure Allegiances- 1BB
    Enchantment (MR)
    Planeswalkers can't gain loyalty counters.

As written, I don't know if this would prohibit you from using +1 abilities, or if it still lets you use them and just doesn't give you the loyalty counter. The latter is the intent.

Challenge: A card based on Amonkhet!

29. - Top - End - #89
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mythmonster2 View Post
    Unsure Allegiances- 1BB
    Enchantment (MR)
    Planeswalkers can't gain loyalty counters.

As written, I don't know if this would prohibit you from using +1 abilities, or if it still lets you use them and just doesn't give you the loyalty counter. The latter is the intent.
    As written, this prevents you from using any ability that increases the loyalty of planeswalkers. The loyalty counter increase is a cost, which means you have to do it to activate the ability, so if the planeswalker can't gain the counter then it can't activate the ability.

Challenge: A card based on Amonkhet!
    Cursed Blade - 3
    Artifact - Equipment - R
    Equipped creature has +3/+1
    Creatures blocking or blocked by equipped creature have indestructible.
    Equip 2

Challenge: A fortification
    LGBTitP
    Proudly Founded Team 2

"Everyone starts off making garbage.
    If you finally make something halfway
    decent, it'll be the best day of your life."
    Nehra, inventor

30. - Top - End - #90
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

I think this could be better. The closest analogy I could find is Oathkeeper, Takeno's Daisho, which has the bonus of making a samurai equipped with it automatically return from the dead at no cost, and the much less painful downside of exiling the equipped creature if the equipment is destroyed. There are a lot of better equipments though: Loxodon Warhammer, Godsend, Vulshok Battlegear... Yes, there are some bad cards (Warlord's Axe or Slayer's Cleaver at equip 4, say), but those are just that - bad cards. You could give this trample and it'd still only be okay.

Culling District 3
    Artifact - Fortification U
    Whenever fortified land becomes tapped, create two 1/1 white spirit tokens with flying.
    WB, sacrifice a nontoken creature: Attach ~ to target land.
    Fortify 4

Challenge: Another card that can act as a mana sink. Or, a two-color card. Bonus points for both.