The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 5 of 43 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: MtG: YMTC challenge V: Familicide is a CMC 5 Black Sorcery

Quote Originally Posted by r2d2go View Post
    It feels mediocre, but then again, the 1/1 insect is a lot like "destroy target attacking creature", and the other two are not bad considering they basically have flash. It'd be a house in limited. I like it!
    Basically have Flash? It's a sorcery... Anyways.

Volcanic Invocation 1R
    Instant - U
    Target mountain becomes a 3/3 creature with first strike and trample until end of turn. It's still a land.

I think this should be about as good as Elemental Uprising...
    Giving it first strike might be a little much for two mana, but it's probably still good enough. I would play it in a Standard burn deck. It's about the power and complexity for an uncommon too.

Challenge: Another combat trick. Or, another card you'd want to play during your precombat main phase more than your postcombat main phase. Bonus points for both.
    Unsubtlety - RR
    Instant - U
    Target creature gets +3/+0 and Menace
    "You see it coming, but so what?" - Aurelia, Boros Warleader

Challenge: An out-of-place evergreen keyword. For example, an instant with Hexproof or a land with Flash.
    LGBTitP
    Proudly Founded Team 2

"Everyone starts off making garbage.
    If you finally make something halfway
    decent, it'll be the best day of your life."
    Nehra, inventor

2. - Top - End - #122
    Barbarian in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by LastCenturion View Post
    Basically have Flash? It's a sorcery... Anyways.
    I changed the spell from a black instant to an Abzan sorcery, and I spose rd2d2 started replying before I fully changed it.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Troll in the Playground

I'm assuming you mean for Unsubtlety's target to get those abilities until end of turn. I should note that its intended purpose would be better-filled if it were a sorcery rather than an instant, since that stops you from using it as a blocking surprise. "Unsubtlety," specifically kind of sounds like an aura despite not being a word in spellcheck, so you might end up with a more noun-sounding version of the name. "Unsubtle Message," maybe?

Barbed Range
    Land - C
    First Strike
    T: Add C to your mana pool.
    1, T: Add R to your mana pool.
    In retrospect, Zendikar's secret shouldn't have been all that surprising.

Challenge! A 3-mana aura that grants reach.
    Leo, Ajax, Deshy, Cutty.

4. - Top - End - #124

You know...I thought that challenge would've made a card that with a useless keyword. However, putting it on a land makes it so any card that temporarily turns lands into creatures would have that keyword. Thinking about it, that would be a pretty interesting gimmick for a deck based around giving lands creature-status. Imagine a deathtouch land that can grant swamp mana, or a lifelink land that can grant plains mana, or...
    It would be a specialized deck, that's for sure.
    I also like how it's not a simple "Tap to get mana": it converts one mana of any color into a red mana, or can give colorless mana.

Card:
    Cloak of Spiders
    {2}{G}
    Enchantment Aura (C)
    Enchant Creature
    Enchanted creature gets +1/+1, and has reach.
    When enchanted creature dies, create X 1/1 green Spider creature tokens where X is the number of +1/+1 counters on enchanted creature.
    Spoiler: Warning: spiders
    Show

Next Challenge: Open up the Word Association thread and look at the most recent word. Make a card based on the next word that comes to your mind.

\/: Haha! Thanks! That's good advice. I won't edit it away, but I think that advice will help me in a future card. Thanks! I didn't know there were official 1/2 Reach spider tokens. That's good to know.
    Actually, wait.
    Let me (just for fun) create an improved version and put it right here:
    Cloak of Spiders (v2)
    {2}{G}
    Enchantment Aura (C)
    Enchant Creature
    Enchanted creature gets +1/+2, and has reach.
    When enchanted creature dies, create X 1/2 green Spider creature tokens with reach where X is enchanted creature's toughness.

Spoiler: Spiders v2
    Show

Edit: Now I've made it too strong! (Thanks.) Guess I still need to practice balance.
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2017-03-07 at 02:35 PM.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Firbolg in the Playground

You have the seeds of a nice card there, but it probably requires a bit more tuning. Both effects are quite minor, and don't quite add up to a card's value. If it created spiders based on the creature's power or toughness, that would be quite good. Would be more pleasing for the tokens to have reach, to create a mechanical connection between the two abilities. Heck, you could just make the spiders the 1/2 tokens with reach that Innistrad featured. Also, I could see this giving some stat boost along with the reach. +1/+2, maybe?

Pudding Golem 4
    Artifact Creature - Golem (C)
    When Pudding Golem dies, gain 6 life.
    2/2

Next: Another food-based card.

Blue Ghost, Lawful Good generalist wizard, at your service.
    Love wins. S'agapo.

I make MtG cards. My portfolio

6. - Top - End - #126
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Spoiler: @cloakofspiders
    Show
    First off, lemme say, thank you for the warning. I opened it and freaked out anyway, but it gave me mental prep beforehand, and was appreciated.

Second, the new version is more thematic but probably OP just sayin', check the power after thematic adjustments.

Pudding golem is clearly mediocre as a body, but it's pretty efficient as an anti-aggro artifact, trading with a decent sized dude and probably stabilizing you. It could certainly be powerful in a meta with artifact synergy and powerful aggressive decks (hey, that sounds kinda familiar, though I don't know if it'd have actually worked out in the relevant control decks), but you could print it as a random common in a core set or something and it'd be pretty okay. It feels worse than filigree familiar (is 4 life worth 1 mana and a card? Doesn't seem like it, healing salve is about the same), but it's a useful common, and that's pretty good.

Swallow Whole 2G
    Instant - U
    Target creature gets +3/+3 and "Whenever a creature damaged by this creature dies this turn, put a +1/+1 counter on this creature."

Challenge: Another card that combines small effects. Or, a big common.

7. - Top - End - #127

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Ghost View Post
    Pudding Golem 4
    Artifact Creature - Golem (C)
    When Pudding Golem dies, gain 6 life.
    2/2

Next: Another food-based card.
    Pretty slow, but 6 life is plenty. Probably just about relevant enough at 2/2 to be worth a card slot in a slower, more controlling Limited deck, and as an artifact it slots in to any of them available. Looks like a solid 6th-8th pick card, though I think you could justify making it a 2/3 and it would still be fine.

Jelly Elemental - XRUG
    Creature - Elemental - Rare
    Trample
    Jelly Elemental enters the battlefield with X +1/+1 counters on it.
    If a source would deal damage to Jelly Elemental, instead remove a +1/+1 counter from it and you gain 3 life.
    RUG: Put two +1/+1 counters on Jelly Elemental.
    0/0

Challenge: A creature that grows in size over time.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Troll in the Playground

Well, it's inevitably pretty small when you first cast it, but it's tough to kill and the ability is pretty efficient, which makes for a neat growth-based plan. There's really nothing red about it, though; sure it attacks with trample, but it feels really slow-moving by red's standards. Come to think of it, between the counters and the life gain, it could probably get away with being mono-green if you want it to. With its general stickiness and its capacity to lend its durability to your life total, though, blue/green also works. It feels like a nice way to gum up your opponent's plans to kill you while you bide your time and eventually drown them in strawberry goo.

Consulate Professor 2UU
    Creature - Human U
    Whenever you draw a card, put a +1/+1 counter on Consulate Professor.
    "Rumors of corruption among our institutions of higher learning are greatly exaggerated."
    1/1

Challenge! Make a card with Scry 2 that also makes scrying more useful.
    Leo, Ajax, Deshy, Cutty.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

It's a neat effect, and I like the flavor, but it's just so much worse than Chasm Skulker (and even that wasn't that crazy). At least cost it at 2U

Precognition Beam 3
    Artifact - R
    1U, T - Scry 2.
    R, T - Name a card. Reveal the top card of your deck. If it is the card you named, repeat the process. If it is not, deal X damage to target creature, where X is the number of cards you named correctly.

Challenge: Another value engine. Or, another laser. Bonus points for both. Edit: Or a rare?
    Last edited by r2d2go; 2017-03-13 at 08:19 PM.

10. - Top - End - #130

ElfMonkGuy

Precognition Beam 3
    Artifact - R
    1U, T - Scry 2.
    R, T - Name a card. Reveal the top card of your deck. If it is the card you named, repeat the process. If it is not, deal X damage to target creature, where X is the number of cards you named correctly.

Challenge: Another value engine. Or, another laser. Bonus points for both. Edit: Or a rare?
    Interesting card, since it's basically UR, but is still an artifact. The second ability would need some rewording, because I think as is, you'd just keep on revealing the top card of your library and only do 1 damage, but I get what you're going for. Considering both these abilities are repeatable, I think this is probably fine, especially because it takes two turns to set up what is likely 2 damage to a creature, maybe 3 if you've got other deck manipulations.

Mirror of Life X
    Artifact (R)
    Mirror of Life enters the battlefield with X mirror counters on it.
    When you cast a creature spell with converted mana cost equal to or less than the number of mirror counters on Mirror of Life, you may sacrifice Mirror of Life. If you do, create a token that is a copy of that creature.

Hopefully that counts as value.
    Challenge: Create an equipment or aura!
    Last edited by mythmonster2; 2017-03-13 at 10:48 PM.

11. - Top - End - #131

Quote Originally Posted by mythmonster2 View Post
    Mirror of Life X
    Artifact (R)
    Mirror of Life enters the battlefield with X mirror counters on it.
    When you cast a creature spell with converted mana cost equal to or less than the number of mirror counters on Mirror of Life, you may sacrifice Mirror of Life. If you do, create a token that is a copy of that creature.

Hopefully that counts as value.
    I'm not sure it does count as value. Typically if I have this and a valuable creature in my hand, it's usually worth more to play the valuable creature sooner and get another turn out of it than delay it a turn to play this. If I *don't* have a valuable creature in my hand it's in my best interest to play Mirror of Life at a cost equal to the most valuable creature in my deck, so I'll often actually lose "value" by paying more than the card I end up needing to duplicate costs just to ensure that I can duplicate a power card if I draw it.

Either way, it's a non-repeatable one-for-one card trade that spends at least one turn as a dead play. That doesn't scream value to me, save on that rare occasion it gets you a second copy of a powerful creature you were in a position to delay a turn...and I'd suggest if you're at that point, the game is already rather handily yours.

Challenge: Create an equipment or aura!
    Double Agent - 1U
    Enchantment - Aura
    Enchant creature you don't control.
    Whenever enchanted creature attacks or blocks, you may draw a card.

Challenge: Another creature lock-down effect that is less restrictive than outright denial like Pacify.

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Troll in the Playground

It's fun enough to be printable, if not very powerful. Sacrifice outlets are much more common than ways to make a 0/4 creature attack each turn if able, and it won't stop your opponent's big threat from killing you when it really matters. Come to think of it, it gets a lot better in multiplayer, especially fun in team games. Are you still technically a double-agent if the countries you work for are sharing information on purpose?

Sideball Porcupine 1R
    Creature - Porcupine C
    When Sideball Porcupine enters the battlefield, target creature an opponent controls becomes marked until Sideball Porcupine leaves the battlefield.
    T: Sideball Porcupine deals 1 damage to target marked creature.
    1/3

Challenge! Make a card with a kicker ability or a variant thereof - that is, something that can get a bonus if you pay extra when you cast it.
    Leo, Ajax, Deshy, Cutty.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Banned

Too many memory issues. You need a way to remember who's marking whom, and that can become weird.

Burning Ambition 0
    (R) Sorcery - R
    Choose any number. You may choose the same mode more than once:
    - Pay R. If you do, Burning Ambition deals 1 damage to target creature or player.
    - Pay 2R. If you do, destroy target artifact.
    - Pay 4R. If you do, create a 4/4 red elemental creature token with haste.

Next: Another card with "Choose any number. You may choose the same mode more than once".

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground

It's a cool design, but being able to deal X damage divided as you chose just by paying X red mana is too powerful.

Succumb to Darker Powers - 3BB
    Sorcery - M
    Choose any number. You may choose the same mode more than once
    • Sacrifice a creature. If you do, draw two cards.
    • Pay 10 life. If you do, return target creature card from your graveyard to the battlefield.
    • Discard a card. If you do, gain 5 life.

In case anyone wondered I think you have to resolve all the first lines first, then the second and then the third.

Make another card that has synergy with itself.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Cizak View Post
    I'm gonna be against the flow here and say outlined.

What? Everyone else are against the flow too, okay?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    In the grim statistics of the far future, there is only math.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    Most Hilarious Murderer in the Playground. Both his episodes of hysterically ending my life left me chuckling even hours later when I thought about them.
    And more in the extended signature!

Extended signature

15. - Top - End - #135
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

It's potentially really strong, but printably so. All of the abilities are good deals in the right situation, but generally fair. The ability to use two at a time (or even all three just to loot extra cards) is just icing on the cake. Basically, I don't think it sacrifices enough power for flexibility, but it's still not enough raw power at 5 mana to be broken. It'd potentially define several decks at once, but not make them overpowered.

Side note: state based actions only occur just before when priority would be passed, so all the effects resolve before loss via nonpositive life. Though, since it's a cost, it kills you before resolution of anything if you drop to 0. But if you had something that hurts you ETB, for example, you'd have a chance to gain life before that trigger even goes on the stack after you ressurect.

Temur Trinity RUG
    Instant - U
    Choose One:
    • Target creature gets +2/+2 and trample until end of turn.
    • Target creature gets double strike until end of turn.
    • Whenever target creature deals combat damage to a player this turn, draw two cards.
    Entwine 3

Challenge: Another combat trick that costs 5+. Or, a small creature. Bonus points for both.
    Last edited by r2d2go; 2017-03-16 at 08:30 PM.

16. - Top - End - #136

Temur Trinity RUG
    Instant - U
    Choose One:
    • Target creature gets +2/+2 and trample until end of turn.
    • Target creature gets double strike until end of turn.
    • Whenever target creature deals combat damage to a player this turn, draw two cards.
    Entwine 3
    So the basic spell itself is actually already decently strong, being a 3-mana draw-2 or a "double this creature's damage" at instant speed, the latter earning its power for the flexibility on top of the already powerful draw effect. The +2/+2 and trample effect is far weaker.

I'm legitimately unsure of the Entwine effect. 6 is a LOT to pay for a combat trick, but it can also be a x2 damage, +4 damage, draw 4 cards effect, which is VERY potent.

In short, I'd want to test it extensively. It's definitely a FUN card, but I'm a little concerned about the balance of the three effects (both individually -- some are far better than others -- and as a whole with Entwine).

Challenge: Another combat trick that costs 5+. Or, a small creature. Bonus points for both.
    Nightshade Squadron -- 3BBU
    Creature -- Faerie Rogue (Rare)
    Flash, Deathtouch, Flying
    When Nightshade Squadron enters play, create 4 1/1 Black and Blue Faerie Rogue creatures with Flying and Deathtouch.
    1/1

Challenge: Another creature that creates at least two other tokens.
    Last edited by Djinn_in_Tonic; 2017-03-16 at 11:05 PM.

17. - Top - End - #137

ElfMonkGuy

You're missing a P/T and a rarity on that card, Djinn.

18. - Top - End - #138

Quote Originally Posted by mythmonster2 View Post
    You're missing a P/T and a rarity on that card, Djinn.
    Derp. Fixed. Thanks!

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.

19. - Top - End - #139

It's a nasty trick that straight up kills five attackers, and can possibly leave some 1/1 flying deathtouch blockers. Quite a nice and elegant card. Approved.

Creation Puppeteer 4G
    Creature - Human Artificer (R)
    When Creation Puppeteer enters the battlefield, create three 1/1 colorless Construct artifact creature tokens.
    Artifact creatures you control have "Whenever an opponent casts a noncreature spell, put a +1/+1 counter on this creature."
    2/2

Spoiler: Render
    Show

Next: Something with a replacement effect.

Blue Ghost, Lawful Good generalist wizard, at your service.
    Love wins. S'agapo.

I make MtG cards. My portfolio

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ogre in the Playground

Simple and elegant. It's possible it could get a little TOO out of hand, especially if you run with a metric arseload of Artefact Creatures, though.

Inspiration Of The Empty Mind 2UU
    Enchantment
    If you would draw a card and you have no cards in hand, instead draw three cards.

Challenge: Create another "X Of The Y Mind" enchantment!
    Open the lid and snatch a homebrewed treat from Cookie's Jar

Ponytar by Dirtytabs

Quote Originally Posted by DudeWhyAreAllTheNamesTaken(Imgur)
    Chaotic neutral. Might rob you blind. Might save your life. Might do both.

21. - Top - End - #141

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Cookie View Post
    Inspiration Of The Empty Mind 2UU
    Enchantment
    If you would draw a card and you have no cards in hand, instead draw three cards.
    This seems pretty good. Definitely enough to see print (I'm assuming it's a Rare) but not so overpowered that it would dominate any formats. On second thought, it's great; I'd play it in EDH, I'd play it in Standard if I played Standard, I'd play it in Modern if I played Blue in Modern and turn 4 was a common occurence in Modern. I'd probably not play it in Limited though.

Challenge: Create another "X Of The Y Mind" enchantment!
    Inspiration Of The Raging Mind - 2RR
    Enchantment - R
    If you would draw a card and you have no cards in hand, instead draw a card and deal 3 damage to target creature.

Challenge: Continue the cycle.
    LGBTitP
    Proudly Founded Team 2

Nehra, inventor

22. - Top - End - #142
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

I'd call it something like Fury of the empty mind given its not really an inspiration like draw effect but the mind is still empty. 3 damage is a cheaper effect than 2 cards but it needs to be given how chainable it could be with common cantrips in UR.

Sprouting of the Empty Mind 2GG
    Enchantment - R
    If you would draw a card and you have no cards in hand, instead draw a card and create 2 1/1 green saproling creature tokens.

Challenge: keep the cycle going, just 2 left
    Being a mime means never having to say you're sorry.

23. - Top - End - #143

In my opinion, the word "Sprouting" doesn't seem to fit with the other two, which both have to do with thought and emotions. I think "growth" or...well, that one is hard. Can't think of a good word for that one right now.
    I...believe it's balanced, though? It looks balanced to me.

Stupor of the Empty Mind 2BB
    Enchantment - R
    If you would draw a card and you have no cards in hand, instead draw a card and every other player discards a card.
    Spoiler: Picture of card
    Show

Your turn, next! In this cycle, do the white card.
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2017-03-17 at 10:17 PM.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

24. - Top - End - #144

Quote Originally Posted by 5a Violista View Post
    In my opinion, the word "Sprouting" doesn't seem to fit with the other two, which both have to do with thought and emotions. I think "growth" or...well, that one is hard. Can't think of a good word for that one right now.
    I...believe it's balanced, though? It looks balanced to me.
    Blossoming? Flowering? Lots of things fit in.

Stupor of the Empty Mind 2BB
    Enchantment - R
    If you would draw a card and you have no cards in hand, instead draw a card and every other player discards a card.
    *card visual will be created and edited in here*
    It's a good card, but I'm not sure its the same power level as the rest of the cycle. That said, it doesn't have to be the same; it's rare that there's a cycle of cards that are all about the same power level. It's pretty strong, but not that strong.

Your turn, next! In this cycle, do the white card.
    Serenity of the Empty Mind - 2WW
    Enchantment - R
    If you would draw a card and you have no cards in hand, instead exile the top card of each library and move one card exiled with ~ to your hand.
    There's no place I can be, since I found serenity.

Challenge: A rare enchantment for 2CC with the name "____ of the Empty Mind" (you fill in the blank) and an effect that replaces card draws while you have no cards in hand.
    LGBTitP
    Proudly Founded Team 2

Nehra, inventor

25. - Top - End - #145

ElfMonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by LastCenturion View Post
    Serenity of the Empty Mind - 2WW
    Enchantment - R
    If you would draw a card and you have no cards in hand, instead exile the top card of each library and move one card exiled with ~ to your hand.
    There's no place I can be, since I found serenity.

Challenge: A rare enchantment for 2CC with the name "____ of the Empty Mind" (you fill in the blank) and an effect that replaces card draws while you have no cards in hand.
    This feels a bit weird in white, and I think putting other people's cards into your hand is unprecedented. However, it's an interesting card for sure, and seems fairly balanced. I like it.

Annihilation of the Empty Mind - 2CC
    Enchantment - R
    If you would draw a card and you have no cards in hand, instead destroy all nonland permanents and each player discards their hand. Then, draw a card.

A break from the cycle, but then, Eldrazi have a penchant for doing stuff that's off the beaten path.

Challenge: Another card that does something to everything on the board!

26. - Top - End - #146
    Banned

None of the empty mind effects needs to be a replacement. You can say "Whenever you draw a card while you have no cards in hand, effect" rather than "Whenever you would draw a card while you have no cards in hand, instead effect, then draw a card".

World Wakes 3GGG
    Enchantment R
    When World Wakes enters the battlefield, untap each permanent.
    Permanents are creatures with base power and toughness 5/5 in addition to their other types.

Doing something to everything on the field is weird.

Next: A card which doesn't do anything to anything on the battlefield.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

This seems like a potentially nuts wincon. All you need is 4 more permanents than your opponent and you usually win. Given that those permanents can be ramp, this seems way too easy of a finisher. Yes, it dies to removal, and has no built-in protection, but it's still an I-win button at 6 mana and with a relatively easy prerequisite compared to other I-win buttons. This should make smaller guys, I think - at 3/3, you almost double the number of extra permanents needed (to 7). Then at least you need to combo it with a lure or overrun effect.

Thought Bubble 3UB
    Sorcery - R
    Target player draws three cards. Then, if their hand contains 7 or more cards, they discard their hand.
    "Infinite knowledge, hm? If you insist..."

Challenge: Another card that serves more than one purpose, but not at the same time. Or, a modal card. Bonus points if you don't do both.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Troll in the Playground

A blue-black way of refilling your hand for five mana is pretty nice. Making your opponent discard a big hand of cards is scary. On the one hand, the restriction just forces you to play it on an opponent only when it would be most effective. On the other hand, "In response, this instant and this flash creature." It could be interesting. I get the idea of referring to it as a bubble, at least until creative yells at us for not making our cards metal enough.

Hungry Power 4BG
    Enchantment - Aura U
    Enchant Creature
    Enchanted Creature gets +5/+5.
    When enchanted creature dies, target creature an opponent controls gets -5/-5 until end of turn.

Challenge! Do a thing, then do the opposite thing.
    Leo, Ajax, Deshy, Cutty.

29. - Top - End - #149

OldWizardGuy

A very nice way to buff your own creature, and when it dies, allows you to crush one of your enemies creatures, maybe making it a good trade off, or just weakening them for a quick removal. Looks fairly solid.

Rite of Uluash 3BB
    Sorcery Rare
    You and your opponent sacrifice a creature. You place X +1/+1 counters on creatures you control, where X is the toughness of your opponents sacrificed creature. Your opponents place X -1/-1 counter on creatures they control, where X is equal to your sacrificed creatures power.
    Kicker 2B- Your opponents must sacrifice the creature with the highest toughness they control

Okay, wording might need work, but the kicker effect forces them to sacrifice their creature with the highest toughness for the rites effect, and not just a little 1 toughness thing.

Next challenge; Something... hippie.
    Summer Job has started, and eats a lot of time, particularly on weekends. Replies my be delayed.

30. - Top - End - #150

Quote Originally Posted by Warmatt View Post
    Rite of Uluash 3BB
    Sorcery Rare
    You and your opponent sacrifice a creature. You place X +1/+1 counters on creatures you control, where X is the toughness of your opponents sacrificed creature. Your opponents place X -1/-1 counter on creatures they control, where X is equal to your sacrificed creatures power.
    Kicker 2B- Your opponents must sacrifice the creature with the highest toughness they control
    As you say, the wording could use some work, but I think it's a cool idea. The kicker could perhaps cost a little more, just to balance it a little more for Commander, but it's probably fine as written.

Next challenge; Something... hippie.
    Rainbow Peacemaker - {W/B}{B/G}{G/U}{U/R}{R/W}
    Creature - Human Arbiter - R
    Other permanents with more than one color can't be played, cast, declared as attackers, declared as blockers, used to pay costs, or have their activated abilities activated.
    Sacrifice any three permanents: Ignore the effects of this card for this turn. Any player may activate this ability.
    0/4

Note that the permanents you sacrifice have to be monocolored, because otherwise they can't be used to pay the cost and activate the ability.

Challenge: A land that enters untapped and can give any color of mana. Bonus points if it doesn't cost life to tap it.
    LGBTitP
    Proudly Founded Team 2

Nehra, inventor