The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 6 of 43 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: MtG: YMTC challenge V: Familicide is a CMC 5 Black Sorcery

There's templating issues there and balancing issues. More importantly though, virtually no one would pay it as you need to run at least three colors for it which for a global multicolored hate card seems like a bad idea.

Channelling grounds
    Land R
    T: Add C to your mana pool
    Tap an untapped creature you control, T: Add 1 mana of any color to your mana pool

Make a card related to a horse.
    Being a mime means never having to say you're sorry.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Barbarian in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Tom the Mime View Post
    Channelling grounds
    Land R
    T: Add C to your mana pool
    Tap an untapped creature you control, T: Add 1 mana of any color to your mana pool

Make a card related to a horse.
    Hi there, Holdout Settlement, you're looking a lot rarer than before. (I felt like it was too obvious of a design to not have been done before, so I searched it up. Kind of surprised it took till Oath of the Gatewatch for them to make it!)

Centaur Mount 2RG
    Enchantment— Aura (U)
    Enchant creature
    Enchanted creature gets +1/+1 and double strike.
    When enchanted creature dies, create a 3/3 green Centaur creature token.
    "Sure, centaurs can take riders. Just don't expect them to care if they lose one."

I will admit, I almost made an Elephant Guide that made a Centaur before searching, myself.
    Challenge: Create a Selesnya card! (The guild, not necessarily the color pair)
    Last edited by mythmonster2; 2017-03-22 at 11:21 PM.

3. - Top - End - #153

OldWizardGuy

Overall, great value card. You get a small boost with double the damage, and when that's dealt with, you can swing with a new creature. Nice and aggressive, and funny.. if only because I see a centaur mauling people that try and mount them.

Selesnya Grove-Tender 2GW
    Creature- Treefolk Shaman UC
    Unity (When you tap creatures for Convoke, place a +1/+1 counter on them and the creature summoned)
    Tokens you control have 'When this card is tapped for convoke, populate'
    3/4

Next Challenge; The Blue/Green guild!
    Summer Job has started, and eats a lot of time, particularly on weekends. Replies my be delayed.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Warmatt View Post
    Overall, great value card. You get a small boost with double the damage, and when that's dealt with, you can swing with a new creature. Nice and aggressive, and funny.. if only because I see a centaur mauling people that try and mount them.

Selesnya Grove-Tender 2GW
    Creature- Treefolk Shaman UC
    Unity (When you tap creatures for Convoke, place a +1/+1 counter on them and the creature summoned)
    Tokens you control have 'When this card is tapped for convoke, populate'
    3/4

Next Challenge; The Blue/Green guild!
    I think we've been over this - making one keyword that requires another non-evergreen keyword to function is a questionable idea. Throwing in another non-evergreen keyword makes it even worse. There's also wording issues ("Whenever you tap a creature to Convoke for a spell, put a +1/+1 counter on that creature. If the spell is a creature spell, that creature enters the battlefield with an additional +1/+1 counter.").

As a whole, it's very strong. This screams "deal with me or lose", as if you do not, you can easily get 10+ counters and double your tokens. Actually, even if you can deal with it, you get to hold priority when this lands and cast whatever convoke stuff you want - and even with triggered abilities on ETB, there are good instant speed convoke options, letting you get 5+ counters and double your tokens the moment you play this. Basically, it's probably overpowered - the only way this wouldn't be is if there actually isn't Convoke in a given set.

Basically, it's a nifty idea that has no way of actually existing in print, and should probably cost 3 more mana.

Simic Reconstructor 1UG
    Creature - Mutant Ooze C
    Morphic - When ~ leaves the battlefield, you may distribute +1/+1 counters equal to its toughness among any number of creatures.
    2/2

I'm not super happy with the name, but it'll do I guess.

Challenge: Another common, or another new keyword. Bonus points for both.

5. - Top - End - #155

Quote Originally Posted by r2d2go View Post
    Simic Reconstructor 1UG
    Creature - Mutant Ooze C
    Morphic - When ~ leaves the battlefield, you may distribute +1/+1 counters equal to its toughness among any number of creatures.
    2/2

I'm not super happy with the name, but it'll do I guess.

Challenge: Another common, or another new keyword. Bonus points for both.
    Seems fine. It should probably target the creatures it distributes counters to.
    This would probably be more intuitive if it was a 0/0 which came in with two counters, then when it died you could put those two counters elsewhere. Basically two copies of Servant of the Scale glued together for 1UG.

Esperite Vanguard - 1UW
    Artifact Creature - Human Soldier - Common

Ethercraft - If the permanent you control with the greatest converted mana cost is an Artifact, Esperite Vanguard gets +1/+1.
    1/3

Challenge: Another artifact creature, or another card from Alara.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Oops with the land earlier, didn't see that one there. Also, modular says hello r2d2go.

The vanguard is interesting. I think I'd like the mechanic more of it was "if this card shares a color with highest cmc permanent then..." but this one might work as a bit of a speed bump.

Arty fact creature 4
    Artifact creature - trivia construct U Un
    T: Critique the artwork of target permanent, then tap that permanent.
    See the broad, bold strokes on the mountain? Truly a masterpiece
    1/3

Make a card that makes tokens.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Spoiler: @comments
    Show
    Yeah, in fact, a big reason I didn't make it come in with counters like Gauntlet mentioned is because then it'd literally be Modular. I figured this has some synergy with pump in green and bounce in blue, as well.

As far as joke cards go, it's not terrible. It's a little pricy for what it does, but being an artifact creature is relevant and enables some decent lockdown combos. Could be a non-joke card without the naming.

Rabbit Ringleader 2GW
    Creature - Rabbit R
    When ~ enters the battlefield, create a 1/1 green and white Rabbit creature token.
    Congregate - Tap three untapped Rabbits you control: Exile ~, then return it to the battlefield.
    2/3

Challenge: Another tribal card. Or another card that provides nonlinear returns.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Bugbear in the Playground

Rabbit Ringleader 2GW
    Creature - Rabbit R
    When ~ enters the battlefield, create a 1/1 green and white Rabbit creature token.
    Congregate - Tap three untapped Rabbits you control: Exile ~, then return it to the battlefield.
    2/3
    It's an infinite (tapped) creature combo with a Panharmonicon or a Primal Vigor. Two card infinite combos in two colors is probably not okay. It should be at least three colors before it can slip into Standard. My saltiness aside, I like Congregate, assuming that it isn't always Rabbits, and even more if it isn't always a flicker, and even even more if it isn't always three. I'd run it in my Bant Tokens deck for Commander, which is probably a good sign.

Challenge: Another tribal card. Or another card that provides nonlinear returns.
    Treehelm
    Legendary Tribal Land - Elf Forest - R
    (T: Add G to your mana pool)
    T, X: Create X 1/1 Elf Warrior creature tokens. Only spend Green mana to pay for X.

The reminder text is common to all Forests. The ability is granted by the land subtype, the reminder is because not everybody remembers that all the time.

Challenge: A fetchland, but colorless. Balance it to other fetchlands.
    LGBTitP
    Proudly Founded Team 2

"Everyone starts off making garbage.
    If you finally make something halfway
    decent, it'll be the best day of your life."
    Nehra, inventor

9. - Top - End - #159

Quote Originally Posted by LastCenturion View Post
    Treehelm
    Legendary Tribal Land - Elf Forest - R
    (T: Add G to your mana pool)
    T, X: Create X 1/1 Elf Warrior creature tokens. Only spend Green mana to pay for X.

The reminder text is common to all Forests. The ability is granted by the land subtype, the reminder is because not everybody remembers that all the time.

Challenge: A fetchland, but colorless. Balance it to other fetchlands.
    Being a fetchable land that comes in untapped and provides a lot of utility is probably too good. This would definitely make waves in Legacy (a single copy and some green fetchlands makes several top decks extremely unhappy) and probably also in Modern, though Modern is faster so it might be less ridiculous. If it came in tapped it would be strong but not ridiculous, though still an amazing control finisher that's resistant to removal and ends games fast.

The tokens it makes should probably be green.

Shattered Wastelands
    Land - Rare
    T, pay 2 life, sacrifice Shattered Wastelands: Search your library for a land card with "T: add {C} to your mana pool" and no other mana abilities, and put it onto the battlefield.

Challenge: A land that only makes colorless mana.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

I don't think it'd be broken at pay 1 life, to match other fetches. Then again, there's probably a few lands that are pretty busted with this, though I can't think of any off the top of my head. Would Urza lands work, since they technically have the text "T: Add C to your mana pool" and no other mana abilities (but the line continues with ". If you control...")? Anyway, the best this can be is copies 5-8 of something already powerful, so it's probably fine. It might even be fine if it searched for a land that can produce colorless.

Distorted Depths
    Land - U
    T - Add C to your mana pool.
    U - Add C to your mana pool.

(I think it'd be better as an island without the tap for C ability, but I realized that doesn't fulfill the challenge)

Challenge: Another card that could easily be part of a cycle. Or, another card that enables colorless strategies. Bonus points for both.

11. - Top - End - #161

I don't think it'd be broken at pay 1 life, to match other fetches. Then again, there's probably a few lands that are pretty busted with this, though I can't think of any off the top of my head. Would Urza lands work, since they technically have the text "T: Add C to your mana pool" and no other mana abilities (but the line continues with ". If you control...")? Anyway, the best this can be is copies 5-8 of something already powerful, so it's probably fine. It might even be fine if it searched for a land that can produce colorless.
    Wasteland, Strip Mine and Rishadan Port are probably the most powerful thing to be fetching with it.

Also Academy Ruins, Blinkmoth Nexus, Inkmoth Nexus, Mutavault, Gavony Township, Mishra's Factory, Glimmerpost, Krosan Verge, Library of Alexandria, Mouth of Ronom, Reliquary Tower, Riftstone Portal, Scrying Sheets, Thespian's Stage, Vault of the Archangel, Volrath's Stronghold, Westvale Abbey, Yavimaya Hollow and various other bits and pieces.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Firbolg in the Playground

Distorted Depths provides colorless mana by itself, so the mana filtering is only ever useful if you anticipate needing multiple colorless mana in a turn. Given that colorless mana requirements are intentionally designed to be sparse, I doubt that it's going to come up enough to justify this as a card. Even if it were filtering for a proper color, it would be dubious. Maybe you can justify a single slot in a set for this card, but definitely not a full cycle.

Flourishing Wilds
    Land (U)
    Flourishing Wilds enters the battlefield tapped.
    When Flourishing Wilds enters the battlefield, add C to your mana pool.
    T: Add R or G to your mana pool.

(This would probably be more properly rare, but I'm not fond of putting lands in rare slots.)

Next: Another dual land.
    Last edited by Blue Ghost; 2017-03-24 at 04:43 PM.

Blue Ghost, Lawful Good generalist wizard, at your service.
    Love wins. S'agapo.

I make MtG cards. My portfolio

13. - Top - End - #163

OldWizardGuy

Overall, a nice and simple little two color land, that gives a little something extra when it enters the field.

Field of Honor
    Land R
    Field of Honor enters the field tapped
    T- Add W or R to your mana pool
    (W/R)(W/R)- Target creature you control fights target creature you don't control

Next- A solider
    Summer Job has started, and eats a lot of time, particularly on weekends. Replies my be delayed.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Repeatable fight has the potential to be way too oppressive and unfun. Making the land tap to fight might help but not enough.

Talented Recruiter 2W
    Creature - Soldier C
    Whenever you cast a soldier spell, create a 1/1 white soldier creature.
    2/2

Yes, it is a modified, colorshifted lys alana huntmaster

Make something that could be the start of a horizontal cycle.
    Last edited by Tom the Mime; 2017-03-24 at 07:17 PM.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Troll in the Playground

...a human soldier, I presume? This card's good at what it does, so no real complaints. In a set that wants it, it might get out of hand at common, specifically. It might just switch places with an uncommon, so the common slots can have more basic soldiers to trigger it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sideways Bike Wheel 1
    Artifact - G
    (The G is for garbage.)

Hellion Cycle 1
    Artifact - Vehicle C
    Crew 1
    R: Hellion Cycle gets +1/+0 until end of turn.
    1/3

Challenge! Do something interesting with Firebreathing.
    Leo, Ajax, Deshy, Cutty.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Banned

It's interesting, but vehicles always seemed like intrinsically annoying design to me. I don't think that 1-drop vehicles are a design space that really needs to be explored (the main benefits of being a vehicle are that it's immune to sorcery-speed removal which no-one uses on one-drops, and is allowed to be overstatted which it barely is, and the main drawback is the crew cost which you can probably pay without much inconvenience). Firebreathing is fine I guess but unexciting.

Firespawn 3R
    Creature - Elemental U
    Firebreathing (R: This creature gets +1/+0 until end of turn)
    When Firespawn enters the battlefield, it deals damage equal to its power to target creature or player.
    2/2

Next: Another card which gains benefits from interrupting its own abilities.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Tacking a 2/2 firebreather onto a Banefire for 1 mana seems pretty good. In practice, I think you'd almost always rather have either Flametongue Kavu or a Banefire, but it surpasses both when you're looking for a long-term mana sink. So, it's strong, but not broken. Could probably be rare, since both the power and complexity is pretty high, but it's not that out of place. Pretty nice card overall.

Staticslasher Weird UR
    Creature - Weird R
    At the beginning of the end step, sacrifice ~.
    U - Exile ~, then return it to the battlefield.
    R - ~ gets double strike and trample until end of turn.
    4/1

Challenge: Another expensive 2 drop. Or, a variant of an existing card.
    Last edited by r2d2go; 2017-03-25 at 09:06 AM.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Firbolg in the Playground

Staticslasher Weird UR
    Creature - Weird R
    At the beginning of the end step, sacrifice ~.
    U - Exile ~, then return it to the battlefield.
    R - ~ gets double strike and trample until end of turn.
    4/1
    I may be missing something, but this is REALLY weird. It has evasion but dies at the end step anyway, is a 4/1 but needs haste to do anything, and if you CAN give it haste is way too much damage for 2 mana as a 4/1 doublestrike trample. I don't really get what this does, save exist as a really bizarre combo piece that does basically nothing on its own. Can you help me understand your design a bit better?

Challenge: Another expensive 2 drop. Or, a variant of an existing card.
    Interpreting "expensive" in this case to be "has a higher than expected cost to make it valuable."

Mindfeast Spectre - BB
    Creature - Spirit Horror
    Flying
    When Mindfeast Spectre enters play, discard any number of cards. Put a +1/+1 counter on Mindfeast Spectre for each card discarded in this fashion.
    2/0

Challenge: Name a specific mechanic, then design a card that synergizes well with that mechanic but doesn't have it or specifically mention it.
    Last edited by Djinn_in_Tonic; 2017-03-25 at 01:34 PM.

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.

19. - Top - End - #169

Quote Originally Posted by Djinn_in_Tonic View Post
    I may be missing something, but this is REALLY weird. It has evasion but dies at the end step anyway, is a 4/1 but needs haste to do anything, and if you CAN give it haste is way too much damage for 2 mana as a 4/1 doublestrike trample. I don't really get what this does, save exist as a really bizarre combo piece that does basically nothing on its own. Can you help me understand your design a bit better?.
    You can flicker it in response to its sacrifice trigger.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Gauntlet View Post
    You can flicker it in response to its sacrifice trigger.
    Yep. Notably this allows you to attack with it during your turn. Also, the flicker lets you wait for first strike damage to go through, then flicker if your opponent put out 5+ toughness of blockers.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

I don't really think playing with or against the spectre would be much fun. Late game the card disadvantage probably won't be worth it and on play a turn 2 7/5 flyer is nearly impossible for lots of decks to deal with, even if you have to discard your entire hand.

Vigilance

Hymn of the hearth 3W
    Enchantment U
    Untapped creatures you control get +2/+2

Make an Enchantment creature

22. - Top - End - #172
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

It's way better than Castle/Builder's Blessing. Then again, those cards were pretty bad. I'd say it's still weak, seeing as the white weenie deck it wants to be played in probably can't muster enough vigilant creatures to justify this being played, and isn't blocking enough to justify it defensively. Maybe if you had some kind of midrangey white deck with cards that really like P/T buffs (e.g. Aerial Responder, that card is GREAT with this)... but that doesn't sound good enough, really. So, it's a fun build-around-me uncommon without being strong enough for constructed play - and that's fine, honestly.

Dreamreader 1UU
    Enchantment Creature - Dreamer U
    Whenever an enchantment enters the battlefield, scry 2.
    2/2

Challenge: A card with power and toughness each > CMC (e.g. a 4/4 for 3), or a utility card. Bonus points for both.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Orc in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

It's simple, and fair. though enchantment synergy is traditionally white, making 1WU instead would have perhaps fit a little better, it's still printable as is.

Blood Pact Demon 2BB
    Creature - Demon - R
    As an additional cost to cast ~, sacrifice 2 creatures, and pay 2 life.
    Flying, lifelink.
    Whenever you lose life, you may scry 1.
    "From your blood comes my strength and wisdom"
    5/5

a creatures who's total power and toughness is equal to their CMC
    The first rule of gaming, before you have even chosen the game is and always should be

HAVE FUN

(FUN being defined as it is in dwarf fortress)

24. - Top - End - #174

OldWizardGuy

While it's CMC is low for the impact, the additional costs can be managed. Cheap little tokens, or creatures that pay off when they hit the grave? That, combined with the life cost, and it's scry, lets you go for a very... risky but potentially very rewarding deck that could backfire badly.

Logistic Angel 3WWW
    Enchantment Creature- Angel R
    Flying, Hexproof
    Whenever ~ or another enchantment enters the field, place a +1/+1 counter on X creatures you control, where X is the number of enchantments you control.
    2W; Create a 0/1 White Spirit Enchantment creature token with Totem Armor enchanting target creature you control
    "Logistics win wars, and she organizes the logistics of heaven."
    2/4

Next Challenge; Something with Totem Armor

25. - Top - End - #175

Logistic Angel 3WWW
    Flying, Hexproof
    Whenever ~ or another enchantment enters the field, place a +1/+1 counter on X creatures you control, where X is the number of enchantments you control.
    2W; Create a 0/1 White Spirit Enchantment creature token with Totem Armor enchanting target creature you control
    2/4
    1: The token needs to be an aura. Otherwise it can't enchant anything.
    2: The token needs to have "enchant creature". Otherwise it can't enchant creatures.
    3: I'm not 100% sure, but I'm not sure creatures can enchant things. I know creatures can't equip things, but I'm not sure about enchantments.
    4: This is kinda overpowered, but the mana cost means it won't get too much use in Modern. Maybe in Standard, though. EDH would see it in most enchantress decks.

Jellyfish Umbra - 1WWWW
    Enchantment - Aura - R
    Indestructible
    Totem Armor (If enchanted creature would be destroyed, instead remove all damage from it and destroy this Aura.)

Referring to how some Jellyfish are supposedly immortal.

Challenge: Something with both Persist and Undying. Both of them.
    LGBTitP
    Proudly Founded Team 2

Nehra, inventor

26. - Top - End - #176

ElfMonkGuy

Logistic Angel 3WWW
    Flying, Hexproof
    2/4

Rather expensive, but given time, it can make your field quite powerful. However, I wonder if it might be too much of a win-more card, since you'll want to already have a wide field to take full advantage of its first ability. I'm... not sure the second ability works at all, since the token you create isn't an aura. Why is the token a creature, anyway, if it's just going to be enchanting another card?

Sage Umbra 1U
    Enchantment- Aura (U)
    Enchant creature you control
    Enchanted creature has defender.
    When Sage Umbra is destroyed, draw three cards.
    Totem armor

Make a card that does something with defender!

27. - Top - End - #177
    Orc in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

as written, that is just totem armor on an indestructible enchantment. if that was your intention, the indestructible is an edge case that will not come up very often. if you meant for it to give the enchanted creature indestructible, it needs to say "enchanted creature gains indestructible" in which case the totem armor becomes redundant and ineffective in almost all cases.

Eternity Imp 4B
    Creature - Imp - R
    Persist, undying.
    When ~ dies lose 1 life
    2/2

this challenge necessitated bad design, i made it as balanced as i could think to.

make an elemental that interacts with land cards in an interesting way.
    Last edited by braveheart; 2017-03-27 at 05:52 PM.
    The first rule of gaming, before you have even chosen the game is and always should be

HAVE FUN

(FUN being defined as it is in dwarf fortress)

28. - Top - End - #178

The specific way Totem Armor works means that Indestructible on the Totem Armor actually prevents the creature and aura both from being destroyed. Whenever the enchanted creature would be destroyed, the enchantment is instead, except it isn't because of Indestructible.
    LGBTitP
    Proudly Founded Team 2

Nehra, inventor

29. - Top - End - #179

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by LastCenturion View Post
    1: The token needs to be an aura. Otherwise it can't enchant anything.
    2: The token needs to have "enchant creature". Otherwise it can't enchant creatures.
    3: I'm not 100% sure, but I'm not sure creatures can enchant things. I know creatures can't equip things, but I'm not sure about enchantments.
    4: This is kinda overpowered, but the mana cost means it won't get too much use in Modern. Maybe in Standard, though. EDH would see it in most enchantress decks.
    Quote Originally Posted by mythmonster2 View Post
    Rather expensive, but given time, it can make your field quite powerful. However, I wonder if it might be too much of a win-more card, since you'll want to already have a wide field to take full advantage of its first ability. I'm... not sure the second ability works at all, since the token you create isn't an aura. Why is the token a creature, anyway, if it's just going to be enchanting another card?
    Really? For the most part, was meant to be making little tokens that essentially had bestow, and had it already used on the field... or paid. Somewhat iffy, but that was the closest I could think of.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Holy ninjas batman.

Sage Umbra rewards you with 3 cards for 2 mana in exchange for... blocking something, usually. It's not necessarily broken, but many decks will have a hard time winning if they have to choose between attacking, and not giving you something close to Ancestral Recall. There's all sorts of side benefits as well (you get to block with the guy, possibly 4-for-1ing, you can use this as protection on utility creatures until you have the mana to control the game, it's pretty difficult to get 2-for-1'd the way normal auras are vulnerable to). It should probably cost more or do less.

Eternity imp is pretty bad, but I don't think it's terrible design - it's pretty close to a reasonable card, actually. The thing is, Persist + Undying is a lot like Indestructible, so that alone doesn't make it necessarily overpowered. The big benefit is that you can use it in a sac outlet as much as you want, and the 1 life loss technically limits that to times equal to your life. However, its not enough to matter most of the time - if you get this with a sac outlet, you're probably getting enough that it's functionally a two-card combo to victory. I think a higher life loss number and a better statline (give it deathtouch, flying, more P/T, heck, maybe all of the above) would make this card an actually kind of legit, though the issue of +1/+1 and -1/-1 counters on the same card remains.

Animation Sentinel 3GG
    Creature - Elemental MR
    Defender
    T - Put a land from your hand onto the battlefield.
    Landfall - Whenever a land enters the battlefield, lands you control become 1/1 elemental creatures with indestructible until end of turn. (They're still lands.)
    3/5

Challenge: Another defensive card. Or another card that makes lots of guys. Bonus points for both.

Edit:
    Really? For the most part, was meant to be making little tokens that essentially had bestow, and had it already used on the field... or paid. Somewhat iffy, but that was the closest I could think of.
    Problem is, it also has cubic growth for dropping enchantments, which it can do without tapping. Drop one enchantment and you get two +2/+2s (+4/+4 total). Drop another and you get three +3/+3's on top of that (+13/+13 total). Drop a fourth and you're at four +4/+4's (+29/+29 total). And that's assuming no existing creatures to buff. If you JUST made totem armor enchantments, it could cost 5 and be balanced.

Also, yes, enchanting things with creatures doesn't work. Read Bestow over - it removes the type "creature" and adds the subtype "aura". Just copy over the wording, and it works just fine. Totem armor, however, does something different entirely.
    Last edited by r2d2go; 2017-03-27 at 10:16 PM.