Page 7 of 39 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Barbarian in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Default Re: MtG: YMTC challenge V: Familicide is a CMC 5 Black Sorcery

It only gives one +1/+1 counter per creature, up to X creatures though. It's basically Support, welded to a constellation ripoff.
    Summer Job has started, and eats a lot of time, particularly on weekends. Replies my be delayed.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Warmatt View Post
    It only gives one +1/+1 counter per creature, up to X creatures though. It's basically Support, welded to a constellation ripoff.
    Alright, it's quadratic +1/+1 counter growth on top of either protecting all your creatures or creating a huge army. Still really strong. Still has issues with being nonfunctional in some ways and using the wrong mechanic.
    Last edited by r2d2go; 2017-03-28 at 06:30 AM.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Pixie in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by r2d2go View Post
    Animation Sentinel 3GG
    Creature - Elemental MR
    Defender
    T - Put a land from your hand onto the battlefield.
    Landfall - Whenever a land enters the battlefield, lands you control become 1/1 elemental creatures with indestructible until end of turn. (They're still lands.)
    3/5
    I'd specify the landfall triggering only on your lands, but otherwise I really like it. I don't know of any instant-win combos it would enable, and the potential of turning your lands into indestructible 1/1s seems like it would lead to fun opportunities. It's an elemental that does fun stuff with lands, and doesn't seem objectively broken. Nice job!

Challenge: Another defensive card. Or another card that makes lots of guys. Bonus points for both.
    Under Guard 2WW
    Enchantment - Aura U
    Enchant creature an opponent controls
    When ~ enters the battlefield, create a 2/2 white Knight creature token with vigilance.
    When enchanted creature attacks or blocks, create X 1/1 white Soldier creature tokens where X is enchanted creature's Power, then sacrifice ~.

New Challenge: Another card which creates multiple types of tokens. Or, if you're a fan of RoboRosewater, a card named for one of their recent unused card names.
    Last edited by quietkal; 2017-03-31 at 05:29 PM.
    [joke.avi]

Spoiler: My peeps
    Show
    Teapot, #a52a2a brown, Gluteus_Maximus's Storm King's Thunder which has been discontinued
    Eel of Flowers, probably not going to see play

4. - Top - End - #184
    Orc in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

It's nice, but i don't really think i'd run it, also that is very possibly 4-6 1/1's and a 2/2 for 4 mana which might be a bit low, though it really depends on your opponent to make it stronger.

Assorted Criminals 3R
    Sorcery - R
    Create a 1/1 red goblin creature token.
    Flip two coins, for each you win create a 2/2 red orc creature token, for each you lose create a 1/1 red goblin creature token.
    When you attack a city you can usually find useful allies in their jail

use a coin flip
    The first rule of gaming, before you have even chosen the game is and always should be

HAVE FUN

(FUN being defined as it is in dwarf fortress)

5. - Top - End - #185
    Troll in the Playground

Why did you make one guaranteed goblin instead of flipping all three coins? Then again, this card would already be okay if it just made the goblin tokens. I guess at that point it would probably need to be in a common slot instead of a rare slot, but other than the coin flips there's not much to make this worth a rare slot either. Assorted Criminals sounds like a common card, too. Also, of you do only get goblins, it's not much of an assortment, is it? I could see always making one orc and two goblins, maybe. That'd be really good.

Head Slap 2R
    A goblin is vigorously slapping his head, either trying to think or trying to put out the fire in his hair.
    Sorcery - U
    Choose target player and flip a coin. If you win the flip, Head Slap deals 4 damage to that player. Otherwise, draw 2 cards.

Challenge! Make a card that can technically be cast with an empty board, but doesn't do anything unless or until each player controls a creature.
    Leo, Minnie, Ajax, Timmy.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Either mode is fairly costed, but because it's random, that makes it... probably not good enough? It's comparable to the average of Browbeat and, I dunno, Collective Defiance? I guess you don't want random cards to be too strong, but I can't see this being played in any deck, even a goofy coin flip deck. I'd like it a lot better if it could burn a creature - then it'd be at least good in Limited.

Strategic Ceasefire W
    Instant - U
    Choose any number of target creatures you don't control, and the same number of target creatures you control. Prevent all damage those creatures would deal this turn.

Challenge: Another card that works best in a messy combat. Or, an efficient creature.

7. - Top - End - #187

ElfMonkGuy

Strategic Ceasefire W
    Instant - U
    Choose any number of target creatures you don't control, and the same number of target creatures you control. Prevent all damage those creatures would deal this turn.

Challenge: Another card that works best in a messy combat. Or, an efficient creature.
    An interesting combat trick. To be used effectively, you probably need more creatures than your opponent, but it also has big blow-out potential, which I think could balance it out at 1 mana. Seems well balanced.

Lord of Battle- 2RR
    Creature- Avatar (R)
    Whenever another creature attacks or blocks, Lord of Battle gets +1/+1 until end of turn.
    4RR: Each creature attacks this turn if able.
    3/3

Challenge: Double-faced card!
    Last edited by mythmonster2; 2017-04-10 at 01:30 PM.

8. - Top - End - #188

Quote Originally Posted by mythmonster2 View Post
    Lord of Battle- 2RR
    Creature- Avatar (R)
    Whenever another creature attacks or blocks, Lord of Battle gets +1/+1 until end of turn.
    4RR: Each creature attacks this turn if able.
    3/3

Challenge: Double-faced card!
    Great on a stalled board, and pretty solid as a beater on his own, since if you're blocking him he's a 4/4 who only gets bigger if you multiblock him. As an agressive creature no defensive ability and no haste, though, he seems likely to not go very far in non-Commander formats, and in Commander he is pretty much just a big creature, which is nice but not a high priority for most decks - he also isn't still big when he's not on the battlefield so he loses the utility cards like Lord of Extinction have as targets for stuff like Mimeoplasm or Sutured Ghoul. It's a cool concept but very much a kitchen table card.

Apprentice Adventurer WR
    Creature - Human Warrior - Rare

Whenever a creature you control attacks, it gets +1/+0 until end of turn.

At the beginning of your upkeep, if Apprentice Adventurer is equipped, transform Apprentice Adventurer.

2/1

/////

Hardened Leader (Color identity: WG)
    Creature - Human Warrior

Whenever a creature you control attacks, it gets +1/+1 until end of turn. If that creature is equipped, instead put a +1/+1 counter on that creature.

2/3

Challenge: A card which turns a downside (low power/toughness, mana cost, negative ability) into a benefit.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

It's got a lot of moving parts, but overall, it's probably not overpowered. However, evaluated individually, the parts seem too strong: the base body is a cheaper Veteran Swordsmith, while the transformed version is even better. The anthem buff is great in a weenie deck but the flip side is also a formidable base to stick keywords on via equipment, and it only gets bigger.

The problem is that you're probably going to have a hard time playing weenies and equipment at the same time - maybe some kind of Living Weapon style deck would like it, but otherwise, you're only getting major benefit from one side at a time. That brings it back in line to somewhat reasonable power levels, but it feels uncomfortably disjointed. Why is an apprentice giving out anthem buffs? Why does a WR weenie card turn into a WG equipment card? Why does it only gain toughness on flip?

I think the primary misunderstanding here is that transformation cards don't actually change strategies very often. This is both practical (it's weird for a deck to support two strategies, and if it did, it'd probably spread its power or require very specific support cards) and thematic (whatever's transforming usually keeps some of its identity, and thus, its theme). This card would much rather be two cards than a single transform card.

Entrail Reader 2B
    Creature - Human Shaman R
    Whenever you sacrifice a creature, you may scry 1.
    Whenever you discard a card, you may gain 3 life.
    Whenever you pay life, you may name a card, then reveal the top card of your library. If the card revealed is the card you named, create a 2/2 black zombie creature token.
    2/3

Challenge: Another card that makes tokens. Or, a big creature. Bonus points for both.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Orc in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

It's a nice way to mitigate the extra costs often associated to powerful black cards

The Growing Swarm 3GG
    Creature - Insect - R
    ~ has +1/+1 for each insect you control.
    At the beginning of your upkeep create an X/X insect creature token with "this creature's power and toughness are equal to the number of insects you control"
    "As they grow in number they also grow in power" - an unknown entomologist
    2/2

create a bonus bear (a 2/2 creature for 2 mana with a fun small ability)
    The first rule of gaming, before you have even chosen the game is and always should be

HAVE FUN

11. - Top - End - #191
    Pixie in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by braveheart View Post
    The Growing Swarm 3GG
    Creature - Insect - R
    ~ has +1/+1 for each insect you control.
    At the beginning of your upkeep create an X/X insect creature token with "this creature's power and toughness are equal to the number of insects you control"
    "As they grow in number they also grow in power" - an unknown entomologist
    2/2
    This is either really strong or entirely too slow, and I can't figure out which. It's both too slow and not overwhelming enough to do anything to Modern, might see some play in kitchen Commander. Standard it'd only see light if there was enough insect tribal support to make it a keystone.
    Format-wise, I'm not crazy about it being 2/2 and then counting itself for buff; would have preferred to see it as a 3/3 that checks for other insects you control, or have it just share the X/X, where X is the number of insects you control for simplicity and theme.
    It's a (potentially) big creature that spawns tokens. Good job.

create a bonus bear (a 2/2 creature for 2 mana with a fun small ability)
    Priest of the Salt - 1W
    Creature - Human Druid U
    When ~ dies, you may remove a -1/-1 counter from target creature, or a poison counter from target player.
    2/2

Next challenge: Make a sorcery which cares about CMC. Or, an equipment which cares about creature type.
    [joke.avi]

Spoiler: My peeps
    Show
    Teapot, #a52a2a brown, Gluteus_Maximus's Storm King's Thunder which has been discontinued
    Eel of Flowers, probably not going to see play

12. - Top - End - #192
    Firbolg in the Playground

An average-sized creature, with a small, simple, one-time effect. Seems like a textbook common to me. Though removing poison may preclude that, since poison counters are not supposed to be removable, at least by Scars Over Mirrodin design principles.

Dwarvencraft Armor 3
    Artifact - Equipment (U)
    Equipped creature gets +2/+4.
    You may tap an untapped Dwarf you control instead of paying Dwarvencraft Armor's equip cost.
    Equip 4

Next: Something cold.

Blue Ghost, Lawful Good generalist wizard, at your service.
    Love wins. S'agapo.

I make MtG cards. My portfolio

13. - Top - End - #193
    Banned

So it's clearly designed to be barely playable without any dwarves, which is fine. It's essentially balanced, I think, given that it'll only be used in dwarf decks.

Astral Prison B
    Enchantment - MR
    Indestructible
    Whenever you discard a card, if it's your turn, put an Insanity counter on Astral Prison. Then, if Astral Prison has at least 20 Insanity counters on it, transform it.
    /
    Cosmic Abberation
    (B) Creature - Horror MR
    Flying, Indestructible
    Remove an Insanity counter from Cosmic Abberation: Destroy target creature.
    13/13

Next: Another big beastie with some difficulty in using it.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

It's insane in certain formats - EDH, particularly, where you can reasonably build a deck around overdrawing by an insane amount, wheeling or getting out a Puzzle Box. Discarding 20 cards in standard is pretty insanely hard, and probably too slow in modern, so I suspect this is just unplayable in those formats. Basically, it's either insane (forces a counter or removal at 1 mana, wins if not) or close to useless (it's very telegraphed and takes forever, meaning you could've won with any number of other, less removable finishers if this actually works). It'd be nice if it was easier to finish but less insane - something like discard 12, remove six counters to kill, and it's a 6/6.

Rooted Predator 2GG
    Creature - Hydra R
    ~ enters the battlefield with 12 +1/+1 counters.
    Tap an untapped creature you control - Remove a +1/+1 counter from ~.
    ~ can only attack or block if it has power of 7 or less.
    0/0

Challenge: Another card that usually taps on the first turn it's out. Or, another card with low P/T. Bonus points for both.

15. - Top - End - #195

Rooted Predator 2GG
    Creature - Hydra R
    ~ enters the battlefield with 12 +1/+1 counters.
    Tap an untapped creature you control - Remove a +1/+1 counter from ~.
    ~ can only attack or block if it has power of 7 or less.
    0/0

Challenge: Another card that usually taps on the first turn it's out. Or, another card with low P/T. Bonus points for both.
    The way this guy is written is disappointing. You read the first lines and see 'oh, it's a four mana 12/12. That's pretty big.' then you see 'you can remove counters? Sounds like this ability will never get used.' and finally you read the last line and realise the card is unplayable garbage. Don't put the pacifism effect last, because it's the most important line for evaluating the card.
    Honestly, a vanilla 4 mana 7/7 isn't particularly above the curve - see Ruhan of the Fomori / Desecration Demon / Abyssal Persecutor - and would probably not be broken for 2GG, and this creature is hugely worse - requiring you to tap five creatures to get rid of its counters first.

Flame Slinger - 1RRR
    Haste
    T: Flame Slinger deals 2 damage to target creature or player.
    0/2

Challenge: An instant or sorcery that gets cast more than once in some manner.

16. - Top - End - #196

ElfMonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Gauntlet View Post
    Flame Slinger - 1RRR
    Haste
    T: Flame Slinger deals 2 damage to target creature or player.
    0/2

Challenge: An instant or sorcery that gets cast more than once in some manner.
    This seems quite powerful, since it basically means your opponent can't play anything with less than two toughness. However, the cost and the fact that it can only be used once per turn seems to balance it out. I think it errs on the side of balance, though probably very strong in limited.

Rote Memorization- U
    Sorcery (U)
    Infinite 1U (Once per turn, you may cast this card from your graveyard for its Infinite mana cost and any additional costs.)
    Draw a card.

Challenge: A card that does something with enchantments!

17. - Top - End - #197
    Orc in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

I think it may be easier to just let that be an ability unique to the card I don't see it being a likely candidate for a keyword

Auramancer 3W
    Creature - Human, Wizard - U
    When ~ enters the battlefield you may exile target aura and return it to the battlefield under your control.
    2/2

make an aura that you'd target an opponent's creature with almost every time
    Last edited by braveheart; 2017-04-20 at 05:35 PM.

HAVE FUN

18. - Top - End - #198
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by braveheart View Post
    Auramancer 3W
    Creature - Human, Wizard - U
    When ~ enters the battlefield you may exile target aura and return it to the battlefield under your control.
    2/2
    It's definitely printable. I'm not sure how often you'd use it, but at the least it's great at stealing; maybe too good. You could redo it as "under its owner's control" and have very little lost for most people, while keeping it from being too powerful in the places where stealing things is super useful.

make an aura that you'd target an opponent's creature with almost every time
    Blood Fervor - 3RR
    Enchantment - Aura - R
    Flash, Enchant creature
    Enchanted creature gets +8/-8

Challenge: Something using an Amonkhet mechanic (exert, embalm, aftermath)
    Last edited by LastCenturion; 2017-04-20 at 06:09 PM.
    LGBTitP
    Proudly Founded Team 2

"Everyone starts off making garbage.
    If you finally make something halfway
    decent, it'll be the best day of your life."
    Nehra, inventor

19. - Top - End - #199
    Troll in the Playground

Oh hey. It's 5-mana black removal, except in red. If the set already gives red a cute +X/-X theme, this could get in. It could also theoretically close out the game for a very specific gimmick deck, but obviously no one's holding their breath. It probably shouldn't even be an enchantment; just a plain ol' until-end-of-turn instant would do the job much better in both cases; if you're giving your creature +8/+0 and not winning that turn, something somewhere has gone horribly wrong. The only reason to do otherwise would be if you're really pushing an aura theme for the set, and probably not even then. It's the +x/-x theme you're really supporting, and it does that just fine.

Straight 1W
    Sorcery - C
    Target creature gains vigilance until end of turn and can't be blocked this turn.

//

The Garbage 5BB
    Sorcery - A
    Aftermath (blah blah blah from your graveyard.)
    Destroy target nonland permanent.

Challenge! Make a red card that uses -1/-1 counters!
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2017-04-20 at 11:38 PM.
    Leo, Minnie, Ajax, Timmy.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Funny commentary on Aftermath and a decent card, though I do think it could be a little better. A white instant that gave pro-creatures and not unblockable would probably be fair, though maybe weak commons are ggood?

Glistening Storm 3R
    Sorcery - R
    Infect - This deals damage to creatures in the form of -1/-1 counters and to players in the form of poison counters.
    Deal 3 damage to each creature and player.

Challenge: A red control card, a blue aggro card, or a cheap creature. If you manage all three, have some internet points on me.
    Last edited by r2d2go; 2017-04-21 at 01:15 AM.

21. - Top - End - #201

ElfMonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Gunsforhands View Post
    Straight 1W
    Sorcery - C
    Target creature gains vigilance until end of turn and can't be blocked this turn.

//

The Garbage 5BB
    Sorcery - A
    Aftermath (blah blah blah from your graveyard.)
    Destroy target nonland permanent.

Challenge! Make a red card that uses -1/-1 counters!
    Most aftermath cards have the two sides synergize, but if there's supposed to be synergy here, I'm not seeing it. The aftermath side also seems way overcosted and allows black to destroy artifacts, something it almost never gets. Granted, that may be the point, but paying 7 mana to kill a single thing can't feel good. Considering you already have to be in WB to cast this, Vindicate and Anguished Unmaking already destroy any permanent for 1WB. I do feel like I'm missing something with this card.

Eager Hatchling- 2RR
    Creature— Dragon (U)
    Flying, Haste
    You may cast Eager Hatchling from your hand for 1R. If you do, it enters the battlefield with a -1/-1 counter on it.
    3/2

Challenge: A card from Alara!
    Last edited by mythmonster2; 2017-04-21 at 01:44 AM.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Banned

Glistening storm: Infect is a keyword, not an ability word. Players do not deal damage personally, spells do.

Eager Hatchling: Both forms are a little pushed, but it's not too bad.

Torchlight Stormbringer 1UR
    Creature - Human Spellshaper R
    R, T, Discard a card: Torchlight Stormbringer deals 3 damage to target creature or player.
    2U, T, Discard a card: Return target creature to its owner's hand. Draw a card.
    2/2

(The effects are those of Lightning Bolt and Drag Under)

Next: Another spellshaper.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ogre in the Playground

I like it, seems solid, not much more to say.

Arcane Spymaster - 2U
    Creature - Human Spellshaper - U
    U, T, Discards a card: Look at target player's hand. Draw a card.
    U, T, Discard a card: Target creature can't be blocked this turn.
    1/2

Peek and infiltrate.

Another looter.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Cizak View Post
    I'm gonna be against the flow here and say outlined.

What? Everyone else are against the flow too, okay?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    In the grim statistics of the far future, there is only math.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    Most Hilarious Murderer in the Playground. Both his episodes of hysterically ending my life left me chuckling even hours later when I thought about them.
    And more in the extended signature!

Extended signature

24. - Top - End - #204

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjaman View Post
    Arcane Spymaster - 2U
    Creature - Human Spellshaper - U
    U, T, Discards a card: Look at target player's hand. Draw a card.
    U, T, Discard a card: Target creature can't be blocked this turn.
    1/2

Peek and infiltrate.

Another looter.
    A slightly more expensive looter that also lets you see your opponent's hand and push damage through in an emergency. It's fine, probably at its best in a deck with a lot of discard synergy. Seems like most of the time this creature would be used to loot, and the hand reveal is just a bonus. Telepathy without spending a card for it is nice, though. A bit expensive to see standard play but certainly a highish tier uncommon in limited. Might be a bit on the wordy side, could maybe do with being cut down somehow - he does a lot of different bits at once (loot, unblockable, peek, discard outlet) and the fact that if you discard to him, one of the effects cantrips and the other doesn't is a bit odd.

Scarscale Looter - U(U/B)
    Creature - Merfolk Rogue - Uncommon

Whenever Scarscale Looter deals combat damage to a player, you may draw a card. If you do, discard a card.
    B: Scarscale Looter gains Menace until end of turn.

1/1

Challenge: Another card from Lorwyn / Shadowmoor.

25. - Top - End - #205

ElfMonkGuy

Let's bring this back, shall we?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gauntlet View Post
    Scarscale Looter - U(U/B)
    Creature - Merfolk Rogue - Uncommon

Whenever Scarscale Looter deals combat damage to a player, you may draw a card. If you do, discard a card.
    B: Scarscale Looter gains Menace until end of turn.

1/1

Challenge: Another card from Lorwyn / Shadowmoor.
    This seems like an overall fair card, though the mixing of hybrid and non-hybrid mana is a bit weird. I think it might also be just a bit undertuned; it could probably have menace all the time without being a problem.

Growing Sapling— 1G
    Creature- Treefolk (C)
    Whenever a Forest enters the battlefield under your control, put a +1/+1 counter on Growing Sapling
    1/1

Challenge: Something fast!

26. - Top - End - #206

Vinelasher Kudzu is a thing, and quite a fun and powerful card. Restricting it to Forests only does take the power level down quite a lot, as it can only be used to its full potential in a monogreen deck. It's probably not quite good enough for constructed, though I'm not the best judge of constructed power levels. In limited, it can be pretty good, but it's hard to pull off a deck that's heavy enough in green to trigger it every turn. Though Shadowmoor was a monocolor-heavy environment...

Tachyon 1RR
    Legendary Creature - Human Warrior (R)
    Flash, first strike, prowess
    Whenever you cast a spell during combat during your turn, untap Tachyon. After this combat, there is another main phase followed by another combat phase.
    2/1

Spoiler: Render
    Show

Next: A sphinx.
    Last edited by Blue Ghost; 2017-05-21 at 08:09 PM.

Love wins. S'agapo.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Troll in the Playground

PirateCaptain

It's a bit all over the place. Flash and extra main phase are off-color, while prowess felt tacked on just for synergy. Converting each instant-speed spell to more combat is a bit too powerful without additional costs. Removing the off-color bits, adding haste, and either making a 1/turn limit or adding cost to the extra combat, might work and still capture the speed flavor.

Obsidian Glyphseer 4UU
    Artifact Creature - Sphinx R
    Flying
    If ~ would deal combat damage, you may create that much colorless Clue artifact token with "2, Sacrifice this artifact: Draw a card." instead.
    4/4

Make something that has to do with glyphs/runes/seals

28. - Top - End - #208
    Banned

You mean, "If ~ would deal combat damage, you may investigate that many times instead"? Or is there a specific reason that you want to avoid using the Investigate keyword. It's decent, and would fit right in to the ghirapur aether grid + clues (or more generally artifact synergy and clues) decks, perhaps to the point where they're viable - you are investigating a lot, after all.

Marauder Seal 3U
    Creature - Beast U
    When Marauder Seal enters the battlefield, you may tap up to two target creatures.
    2/3

What?

Next: Make something that has to do with glyphs or runes, because apparently I'm not good at taking things in the spirit in which they were intended.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ogre in the Playground

Seems fair and balanced. Also kudos for the pun.

Glyphs of the Redeemed - 2W
    Enchantment - Aura - C
    Instill 3W (You may cast this card for its instill cost, if you do create a 1/1 white and blue spirit token and enchant it with this card.)
    Enchant creature
    Enchanted creature gets +2/+2 and has vigilance.

Yes I am aware that Instill doesn't technically work, but just pretend that it does.

Make another card with instill.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Cizak View Post
    I'm gonna be against the flow here and say outlined.

What? Everyone else are against the flow too, okay?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    In the grim statistics of the far future, there is only math.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    Most Hilarious Murderer in the Playground. Both his episodes of hysterically ending my life left me chuckling even hours later when I thought about them.
    And more in the extended signature!

Extended signature

30. - Top - End - #210

I like it. It has flavors of bestow, and the versatility of creature/aura combinations makes for fun gameplay. The design space does seem quite narrow, and by specifying that the token is white/blue, you're further restricting it to those two colors (yeah, technically you can have instill cards outside of white and blue, but two-color tokens being made outside of those two colors feels wrong). I might make the tokens colorless or monowhite, to open up the option of instill in other colors.

Glyph of the Swordmaster 2W
    Enchantment - Aura (U)
    Instill 1W (You may cast this card for its instill cost. If you do, create a 1/1 colorless Spirit creature token. This card enters the battlefield attached to that token.)
    Enchant creature
    Enchanted creature has double strike.

Next: A mermaid.

Love wins. S'agapo.