The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 8 of 43 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: MtG: YMTC challenge V: Familicide is a CMC 5 Black Sorcery

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Ghost View Post
    Glyph of the Swordmaster 2W
    Enchantment - Aura (U)
    Instill 1W (You may cast this card for its instill cost. If you do, create a 1/1 colorless Spirit creature token. This card enters the battlefield attached to that token.)
    Enchant creature
    Enchanted creature has double strike.
    This is a circumstance where the Instill cost should be less than the normal cost, and... it is! Good job! Also, this is kinda cheap for double strike in White. I'd be more comfortable with 1W and Instill for W that gave first strike, or change the White cost to Red.

Next: A mermaid.
    Enchanting Siren -- 2UU
    Creature -- Merfolk -- U
    Islandhome -- Whenever a creature deals damage to you, you may pay 2U. If you do, gain control of that creature. Do this only if you control two or more Islands.
    1/2

Challenge: Something else with this new landhome keyword ability (For inspiration, look at metalcraft or fateful hour; it's an ability that is only had or useful if you have a number of a specific kind of land.) or something with Soulbond. Or both (for bonus points)!
    LGBTitP
    Proudly Founded Team 2

"Everyone starts off making garbage.
    If you finally make something halfway
    decent, it'll be the best day of your life."
    Nehra, inventor

2. - Top - End - #212
    Troll in the Playground

The problem with Islandhome is that the 2-land requirement is already 99% filled by the casting cost. This kind of condition is meaningful enough for Kird Ape and Imperiosaur, but if you're running this UU-costing Siren you probably don't need anyone to tell you that you should run some islands along with it. That aside, I kind of like the ability. Even if you have to pay for it in life and mana, repeatedly stealing creatures is a heck of a thing. It feels cool and flashy enough that it probably belongs on a rare or a mythic.

Goldthorp Archer 1W
    Creature - Elf Archer C
    Foresthome - Goldthorp Archer has reach as long as you control two or more forests.
    3/1

Goldthorp Scout 1G
    Creature - Human Scout C
    Plainshome - Goldthorp Scout has vigilance as long as you control two or more plains.
    3/1

Challenge! Make a pair of cards where one refers to the other by name. (There exist cards that do this without meld, but meld works too.)
    Leo, Ajax, Deshy, Cutty.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Banned

I mean... sure, they're fine. I don't really like the new mechanic ("We will punish you for playing lands which are at all interesting!") but that's not your fault.

Disciple of Eternity 1B
    Creature - Human Horror C
    When Disciple of Eternity enters the battlefield, Worship 2 (Create 2 enchantment tokens called Worship with indestructible and "Creatures you own called "Emrakul, Wake of Eternity" get +1/+1")
    2/2

Emrakul, Wake of Eternity 10
    Creature - Eldrazi R
    When Emrakul, Wake of Eternity enters the battlefield, reveal your hand and put each card called "Emrakul, Wake of Eternity" in your hand outside the game. Then target opponent searches your library for any number of cards called "Emrakul, Wake of Eternity" and puts them outside the game (They go in your sideboard if you have one). Then, Emrakul deals damage equal to her power, divided as you wish between any number of target creatures and/or players.
    6/6

(Wherever she is)

Next: Another of the named Eldrazi re-imagined.

4. - Top - End - #214

Quote Originally Posted by Jormengand View Post
    Disciple of Eternity 1B
    Creature - Human Horror C
    When Disciple of Eternity enters the battlefield, Worship 2 (Create 2 enchantment tokens called Worship with indestructible and "Creatures you own called "Emrakul, Wake of Eternity" get +1/+1")
    2/2

Emrakul, Wake of Eternity 10
    Creature - Eldrazi R
    When Emrakul, Wake of Eternity enters the battlefield, reveal your hand and put each card called "Emrakul, Wake of Eternity" in your hand outside the game. Then target opponent searches your library for any number of cards called "Emrakul, Wake of Eternity" and puts them outside the game (They go in your sideboard if you have one). Then, Emrakul deals damage equal to her power, divided as you wish between any number of target creatures and/or players.
    6/6

(Wherever she is)

Next: Another of the named Eldrazi re-imagined.
    This doesn't really fit the challenge; it calls out another creature in the reminder text, so I guess it works, but... why would you build a set mechanic around this at all? It might work for Constructed, but it won't work for Limited. Think of Hearthstone, where they had to make sure that every single player had a C'Thun and make sure that C'Thun and its minions don't show up in Arena.

Also, you kinda messed up the templating there; it should be "Creatures you control named "Emrakul, Wake of Eternity" get +1/+1"

In addition, you really need to add in a "then, shuffle your library" clause to Emmy's ability. So much.

Emrakul should also be Legendary, and probably a Mythic.

Kozilek, Breaker of Connections -- 9CCC
    Legendary Creature -- Eldrazi -- MR
    Whenever a creature blocks or is blocked by Kozilek, Breaker of Connections, that creature's controller sacrifices it.
    Sacrifice another permanent: If the permanent you sacrificed was a land, exile target permanent. Otherwise, exile target nonland permanent.

Challenge: A noncreature spell with Soulbond. (Lands don't work)
    LGBTitP
    Proudly Founded Team 2

Nehra, inventor

5. - Top - End - #215

Okay fine, a creature would be okay. Something interesting with Soulbond, then.
    LGBTitP
    Proudly Founded Team 2

Nehra, inventor

6. - Top - End - #216
    Firbolg in the Playground

You're missing power/toughness, but it's pretty clear that it's supposed to be BIG/BIG, so I can let that go. Aside from the colorless cost, this feels more like an Ulamog design than Kozilek; Kozilek is about warping reality, while "annihilate everything" is more Ulamog's style. Flavorfully, it does capture the feeling of hopelessness of facing down an Eldrazi titan. It has the feel of the original Eldrazi titans, in the "answer immediately or die" way. It might be a little too powerful, since it can wipe the entire board, including lands, as soon as it comes out. Perhaps another limitation on its ability, like a mana cost, or a restriction on activations per turn, could help.

Caritas Geist 3W
    Creature - Spirit (R)
    Soulbond
    If Caritas Geist is not paired, it has indestructible.
    The creature paired with Caritas Geist has indestructible.
    2/2

Next: Something with a weird drawback.

Blue Ghost, Lawful Good generalist wizard, at your service.
    Love wins. S'agapo.

I make MtG cards. My portfolio

7. - Top - End - #217

You're missing power/toughness, but it's pretty clear that it's supposed to be BIG/BIG, so I can let that go. Aside from the colorless cost, this feels more like an Ulamog design than Kozilek; Kozilek is about warping reality, while "annihilate everything" is more Ulamog's style. Flavorfully, it does capture the feeling of hopelessness of facing down an Eldrazi titan. It has the feel of the original Eldrazi titans, in the "answer immediately or die" way. It might be a little too powerful, since it can wipe the entire board, including lands, as soon as it comes out. Perhaps another limitation on its ability, like a mana cost, or a restriction on activations per turn, could help.
    *Facepalm* I meant it to be a 12/12. My bad. For the ability, maybe make it cost {C/P} as well?

Caritas Geist 3W
    Creature - Spirit (R)
    Soulbond
    If Caritas Geist is not paired, it has indestructible.
    The creature paired with Caritas Geist has indestructible.
    2/2
    I had to look it up, but Soulbond is a may ability, so this really gives you interesting choices. Also, looking it up, Soulbond explicitly only works on creatures, so... oops. My original challenge didn't work at all. I like the different choices this gives you, especially because of the second bit of soulbond.

Next: Something with a weird drawback.
    Disflux -- CCCCCCCCCC
    Legendary Creature -- Hydra -- Mythic Rare
    Protection from Everything not named "Progenitus"
    ~ has -2/-0 for each color among permanents.
    Creatures named "Progenitus" lose protection from Disflux.
    The World's Heart stirs to movement.
    15/15

FWIW, the CMC is 10 (Now you don't have to count). This guy is supposed to be the polar opposite of Progenitus: They bounce in combat, which nothing else does with them. They're giant CMC 10 Hydras with Protection from everything but each other.

Challenge: Something with Chroma.
    Last edited by LastCenturion; 2017-05-27 at 11:15 AM.
    LGBTitP
    Proudly Founded Team 2

Nehra, inventor

8. - Top - End - #218
    Troll in the Playground

I'm trying to think of which parallel universe could accept such a specific creature. I guess that it's meant as Progenitus' equal and opposite, and that the two are meant to bounce off of each other for eternity in the magical dreamland where someone actually considers playing them. Then again, this is easier to cast than Progenitus in the Eldrazi commander deck that wants it, and a ~9/15 with protection from everything is nothing to sneeze at no matter how much it costs. So, it might be playable in that environment! Its Fun Value depends on how much you like the phrase, "oh, you're out of board wipes? Attack for 13 GG LOL"

Edit: It's big enough that I almost mentioned adding an anti-recursion clause like Progenitus', but I'm not sure whether Wizards is doing those anymore.

Chroma Squid 2U
    Creature - Squid C
    Chroma - When Chroma Squid enters the battlefield, scry X, where X is your devotion to all colors.
    Squids are highly intelligent, but not very good at explaining themselves.
    2/1

Challenge! Shapeshifter Cat! Go!
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2017-05-27 at 10:53 PM.
    Leo, Ajax, Deshy, Cutty.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Banned

Combining all colours' devotion is weird, given the point of devotion. But in any case, that usually amounts to "Scy lots", which may allow the controlling player to decide their draw order for much of the rest of the game, which is a little powerful on a common. Scrying 3 on its own costs U and a card or 2U and no card at common. It might be too good - remembering that Scry 3 is more than three times as good as scry 1.

Razorknife Spy 2U
    Creature - Human Werecat Rogue U
    At the end of each turn, if you drew two or more cards last turn, transform Razorknife Spy
    Whenever Razorknife Spy deals combat damage to a player, you may draw a card. If you do, discard a card.
    2/2
    Razorclaw Assassin
    (U) Creature - Werecat U
    At the end of each turn, if you drew no cards last turn, transform Razorclaw Assassin.
    Whenever Razorclaw Assassin deals combat damage to a player, you may draw a card.
    3/3

Next: More werecats! Or were-(something that isn't wolves).

10. - Top - End - #220

Razorknife Spy 2U
    Creature - Human Werecat Rogue U
    At the end of each turn, if you drew two or more cards last turn, transform Razorknife Spy
    Whenever Razorknife Spy deals combat damage to a player, you may draw a card. If you do, discard a card.
    2/2
    Razorclaw Assassin
    (U) Creature - Werecat U
    At the end of each turn, if you drew no cards last turn, transform Razorclaw Assassin.
    Whenever Razorclaw Assassin deals combat damage to a player, you may draw a card.
    3/3
    This doesn't meet the challenge; it's not a Shapeshifter. It changes shape, sure, but it's not a Shapeshifter. Technically, it's also not a Cat. Mechanically, I don't like adding a new creature type unless there's a full set of support for it, but other than that it seems balanced. It would definitely have its own archetype in Limited, though.

Next: More werecats! Or were-(something that isn't wolves).
    Oh, I see how it is. You didn't think I'd like the new creature type, so you want me to make one as well. I decline.

Infected Illusionist -- 2U
    Creature -- Human Wizard Horror -- U
    At the end of each turn, if no opponents cast spells this turn, transform Town Crier.
    T: Shuffle target library.
    1/2

///
    Silent Caribou
    CI: Blue
    Creature -- Wizard Caribou Horror
    At the end of each turn, if no libraries were shuffled this turn, transform Silent Caribou
    T: Each player exiles the top card of their library.
    2/3

Challenge: Deer tribal! Make a Caribou lord or a legendary Caribou creature.

I'm not sure what cards are Caribou, but it's listed in the Comprehensive Rules as a creature type.
    LGBTitP
    Proudly Founded Team 2

Nehra, inventor

11. - Top - End - #221
    Troll in the Playground

The only Caribou in the game are the tokens for Caribou Range. I can't help but assume that any more recent caribou have been silently moved to the Elk subtype. The presented virus-mutant-were-caribou ("Wereibou," as I imagine they're called) is a vanilla 2/3 for 3 in blue, which is fine and on-flavor for a dumb elk-like animal, except for some reason it makes you read a bunch of text to your opponent before you can block with it. Probably to reflect its know-it-all wizard side, I guess.

Rudolph, the Endless Wandering 3WW
    Legendary Snow Creature - Elk MR
    Other Elk and Caribou creatures you control get +2/+2.
    WW, T: Create a 0/1 white Caribou creature token.
    1SG: Populate. (Create a token that's a copy of a token creature you control. S can be paid with 1 mana from a snow permanent.)
    4/5

Challenge! Something that lives on a range?
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2017-05-29 at 11:14 PM.
    Leo, Ajax, Deshy, Cutty.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Firbolg in the Playground

The last ability bothers me aesthetically. It's a monowhite card, with a monowhite activated ability, and then a green snow ability? The asymmetry there is jarring. And I'm not a big fan of snow mana in general.
    Aside from the aesthetics, I like it. +2/+2 is a bigger boost than lords usually give, but Elk and Caribou aren't exactly a well-supported tribe, so getting something juicier than normal is quite fine for them. Making Caribou tokens is a nice thematic ability, and directly synergizes with the anthem effect.

Crooked Farmhand 1B
    Creature - Human (U)
    B, Sacrifice a Boar, Goat, Horse, Ox or Sheep: Draw a card.
    2/1

Next: A bear.

Blue Ghost, Lawful Good generalist wizard, at your service.
    Love wins. S'agapo.

I make MtG cards. My portfolio

13. - Top - End - #223
    Barbarian in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

Crooked Farmhand 1B
    Creature - Human (U)
    B, Sacrifice a Boar, Goat, Horse, Ox or Sheep: Draw a card.
    2/1

Next: A bear.
    Nice, simple card that'll probably just be vanilla more often than not. Can't really say much more about it, but now I'm thinking about a farm plane and what sorta adventure that'd entail.

Ursa Major- 1GG
    Enchantment (U)
    Constellation Whenever Ursa Major or another enchantment enters the battlefield under your control, create a 2/2 green Bear creature token.

Challenge: Enemy-colored planeswalker!

14. - Top - End - #224
    Troll in the Playground

Well, I'm sold. As in, I want that card to exist and to be in my deck now please.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ted, Perennial Nemesis 1NN
    Planeswalker - Ted MR
    (The six colors of mana are Red, Green, blUe, White, Black, and eNemy.)
    Ted enters the battlefield as a copy of target planeswalker except it's a Ted instead of its other planeswalker types. (It enters the battlefield with a number of loyalty counters equal to the copied planeswalker's starting loyalty.)
    Loyalty: 0

Okay, okay, I know we've already played out the whole Purple/Colorless/Energy thing. Hmm...

Sorin, A Vampire I Guess 4BB
    Planeswalker - Sorin C
    +1: Target opponent loses 3 life and you gain 3 life.
    Loyalty: 4

Oh wait, I was supposed to make him both colors, wasn't I? Uh...

Sorin, A Vampire Who Owns A Castle 3WB
    Planeswalker - Sorin R
    +1: Target opponent loses 2 life and you gain 2 life.
    -3: You gain an emblem with, "Creatures can't attack you or a Sorin planeswalker unless their controllers pay 1 for each creature he or she controls that's attacking you or a Sorin planeswalker."

Challenge! A hybrid-mana planeswalker.
    Leo, Ajax, Deshy, Cutty.

15. - Top - End - #225

Quote Originally Posted by mythmonster2 View Post
    ...but now I'm thinking about a farm plane and what sorta adventure that'd entail.
    Is this with the Gatewatch? "Nissa, we have to go! Bolas is trying to take Farmer John's prize cow, and if we aren't there by sundown, there'll be nothing stopping him from destroying the multiverse!" "One moment, Jace. This cat is trying to speak to me."

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Gunsforhands View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ted, Perennial Nemesis 1NN
    Planeswalker - Ted MR
    (The six colors of mana are Red, Green, blUe, White, Black, and eNemy.)
    Ted enters the battlefield as a copy of target planeswalker except it's a Ted instead of its other planeswalker types. (It enters the battlefield with a number of loyalty counters equal to the copied planeswalker's starting loyalty.)
    Loyalty: 0

Okay, okay, I know we've already played out the whole Purple/Colorless/Energy thing. Hmm...

Sorin, A Vampire I Guess 4BB
    Planeswalker - Sorin C
    +1: Target opponent loses 3 life and you gain 3 life.

Oh wait, I was supposed to make him both colors, wasn't I? Uh...

Sorin, A Vampire Who Owns A Castle 3WB
    Planeswalker - Sorin R
    +1: Target opponent loses 2 life and you gain 2 life.
    -3: You gain an emblem with, "Creatures can't attack you or a Sorin planeswalker unless their controllers pay 1 for each creature he or she controls that's attacking you or a Sorin planeswalker."

Challenge! A hybrid-mana planeswalker.
    A vampire who owns a castle... well, that's certainly Sorin. I'm a little worried about the two abilities, but I guess it's fine for a five mana miniprison. I am worried that the emblem comes down without killing the 'walker right away, because once this guy resolves you have it, barring a Dissipate. It also feels kinda "check the box" on the colors and abilities, which is still probably okay. Also, Planeswalkers are usually mythic, so having this one at rare feels weird.

Karn, Quicksilver Golem -- 1{2/R}{2/R}{2/R}
    Planeswalker -- Karn -- MR
    +2: Reveal the top card of target library. Its owner may cast it. If they do, Karn deals 3 damage to that player.
    -1: Destroy target artifact.
    -9: You gain an emblem with "Creatures you control have doublestrike and menace."

Challenge: A Phyrexian-mana planeswalker.
    LGBTitP
    Proudly Founded Team 2

Nehra, inventor

16. - Top - End - #226

OldWizardGuy

Overall, a nice take on Karn, that can offer some nice deck options, and can use as a possibly risky way to hammer your opponent. The emblem effect is a great buff overall, and for the most part, can see him in a construct deck.

Torvgul, Bloody General 3(P/B)(P/R)(P/W)
    Planeswalker- Torvgul
    +1 Create 2 1/1 Red Orc Soldier creature tokens
    -2 Orcs you control have +2/+1 and haste until the end of the turn
    -6 You gain an emblem with 'Creatures you control have 'When this creature attacks, Support 2'

Next challenge; A missing God from the new Amonkhet block! No Bolas though.
    Summer Job has started, and eats a lot of time, particularly on weekends. Replies my be delayed.

17. - Top - End - #227

*Judge above*: Its self-synergy with the orcs is nice. It seems pretty fun, and I'd probably play it. (Unfortunately, I don't know enough about plainswalkers to properly critically analyze it, so...I apologize.) I can see where the white and red mana come in, but not really the black one.

Well, there were already five mono-colored ones so I decided to make a dual-colored one. (It took me a long time to prepare it because I had never made one before.)

Here it is:

Tefnaunet the Serene {1}{u}{g}
    Legendary Creature - God (R)
    Lifelink, indestructible
    Tefnaunet the Serene can't attack or block unless you control five or more basic lands.
    {1}{u}: Target creature gains flying until end of turn.
    {1}{g}: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool.
    4/4

Spoiler: Card
    Show

New Challenge: Make another card inspired by an Egyptian goddess.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

18. - Top - End - #228

ElfMonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by 5a Violista View Post
    Tefnaunet the Serene {1}{u}{g}
    Legendary Creature - God (R)
    Lifelink, indestructible
    Tefnaunet the Serene can't attack or block unless you control five or more basic lands.
    {1}{u}: Target creature gains flying until end of turn.
    {1}{g}: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool.
    4/4

New Challenge: Make another card inspired by an Egyptian goddess.
    It seems fairly well balanced, with its body being on the weaker side for a god, but having an easy condition to meet. The mana-fixing ability seems rather weak, though, especially on a god.

Kehm the Vanguard 3WW
    Legendary Creature - God (MR)
    Exalted, indestructible
    If Kehm the Vanguard is attacking or blocking, no other creatures you control may attack or block this turn.
    At the beginning of combat on your turn, target creature gets +1/+1 for each creature you control until end of turn.
    4/4

A bit of a different take on how gods are only sometimes able to fight. In this case, she's only able to fight alone.

Challenge: A big red spell or creature!

19. - Top - End - #229
    Banned

You can use "Alone" as part of the wording, and in fact you have to because you're never attacking during the declare attackers step or blocking during the declare blockers step. So "Kehm the Vanguard can only attack or block alone". Apart from that... you're giving a creature exalted and the ability to sit there handing out massive buffs to attackers and staying back in defence. The restriction on gods attacking and blocking (or being a creature at all) is there for a reason and it should be a relatively hard restriction.

Nemesis Wave 3RRR
    Sorcery R
    Arctrample (If this source deals noncombat damage to a creature in excess of lethal damage, it deals the remainder to that creature's controller)
    Nemesis Wave deals damage to each creature equal to that creature's power.

Next: Another spell which deals direct damage... but this time not an instant or sorcery.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

This card is weird.
    On first glance, I like everything about it except for the name (Nemesis has been used 8 times, none of it red- Wave still works though). You've included a glimpse into the larger set (Arctrample makes me think of damage-based removal, possibly with various instances of how different colours would utilise it- blue's still a little tricky), you have what looks to be a pretty solid mana cost for a boardwipe with a bit of extra damage on top, and have the classic red "stop hitting yourself".

The next step from there starts showing cracks.
    Red with a primarily burn focus (like, for example, this theoretical one right here) won't have issue with high-power, low-toughness creatures; either they'll have enough power on blockers or just standard burn to get through them. No, the issue Red has is with the high-toughness blockers; walls, general vigilance guys, and cards like "Wrexial the Risen Deep". Taking a look at it from that angle, the card just falls apart. It maybe functions as a boardwipe against token decks, if you're lucky, but with Red's tendency to have high-power, low-toughness creatures, more often than not you'll just end up hurting yourself more than your opponent when you play it. Worldfire, for all its flaws, at least made the board state relatively even (although your opponent would go first), and if you had prepared for it you could probably set up a near-instant win. This card just doesn't work, much as vorthos-me loves it.

Pointed Barricade 3WW
    Enchantment - R
    Arctrample (If this source deals noncombat damage to a creature in excess of lethal damage, it deals the remainder to that creature's controller.)
    Whenever a creature attacks you or a planeswalker you control, ~ deals damage to it equal to the number of untapped creatures you control.
    Last edited by Eternis; 2017-06-25 at 09:52 PM.
    Xykon's not Evil. He just get bored really easily. And he doesn't have constructive hobbies.
    Spoiler: Gen/Degen
    Show
    Generation 4
    The first time you see this in a signature, put it in your signature and add one.
    Degeneration 92
    The first time you see this, copy it into your signature and subtract one.
    Spoiler: Super Secret Awesome Point Counter
    Show

Iceseer - 3

HUGS FOR ALL!
    Spoiler: I be an awesome pokemon
    Show

Spoiler: Le Quotes on le topic of Me
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Socksy View Post
    You're a perfect person.
    Isn't Socksy adorabibbles?

21. - Top - End - #231
    Troll in the Playground

Pointed Barricade irks me a little bit. Arctrample's functionality feels wrong for a barrier with such a mundane name. The idea of all of your potential blockers getting a preemptive strike against each attacker seems functionally sound on its own, if tough to conceptualize. It feels scary, but on reflection it's really only oppressive if you've already been spending cards building up a defensive line. It doesn't even necessitate enchantment removal because it doesn't work if they clear your board. So, in the end, it's probably printable and likely to find a place at many an excited kid's kitchen table commander game. Kind of like Nemesis Wave.

Revival of Tradition - 3W
    Sorcery - U
    Return target enchantment card from a graveyard to the battlefield.

Next challenge! Make a piece of enchantment removal!
    Leo, Ajax, Deshy, Cutty.

22. - Top - End - #232

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Gunsforhands View Post
    Revival of Tradition - 3W
    Sorcery - U
    Return target enchantment card from a graveyard to the battlefield.
    I'm worried about Omniscience and similar game-winning effects (Maybe Battle of Wits? Maybe not.) being cheapened by this, but as a four drop, that's probably fine. I might change it to "Cast target enchantment card from your graveyard without paying its mana cost." to give another chance at countering, but that's probably not functionally different very much. I'm also not sure how much I like this at uncommon, but it's probably fine.

Next challenge! Make a piece of enchantment removal!
    Unweave -- UU
    Sorcery -- U
    Shuffle target enchantment into its owner's library.

Challenge: Make a card with the following line of text: "~ costs 1 less to cast for each mana in your mana pool."
    LGBTitP
    Proudly Founded Team 2

Nehra, inventor

23. - Top - End - #233
    Banned

If enchantment-specific removal existed in blue, this would be one of the ways to do it (the others being return to hand, return to top of library and put on bottom of library). So it's... bland, but fine.

The challenge is really, really weird. I hope you're aware of that. Every idea I come up with runs into a different, unique problem. The annoying part is trying to make it so that having to spend all that mana immediately is a bad thing, essenially.

Hmm.

Overwhelming Response 7U
    Instant U
    Overwhelming Response costs {1} less to cast for each mana in your mana pool.
    Counter target spell unless its controller pays {4}.

Hmm.

Next: Another counterspell.

24. - Top - End - #234

If enchantment-specific removal existed in blue, this would be one of the ways to do it (the others being return to hand, return to top of library and put on bottom of library). So it's... bland, but fine.

The challenge is really, really weird. I hope you're aware of that. Every idea I come up with runs into a different, unique problem. The annoying part is trying to make it so that having to spend all that mana immediately is a bad thing, essenially.

Hmm.

Overwhelming Response 7U
    Instant U
    Overwhelming Response costs {1} less to cast for each mana in your mana pool.
    Counter target spell unless its controller pays {4}.

Hmm.

Next: Another counterspell.
    I'm completely aware of how weird a challenge it is. I had the line of text sitting in my brainstorm txt file and wanted to see what other people made of it. I like your take; it's protection for Storm, and as Storm helpers are about the best thing the challenge could get, that's absolutely fine. It can be a 1 mana counterspell, but usually (read: not in a deck built with this at least partially in mind [read: Storm]) it's closer to 5 or 6. Which is good! I can see this seeing print, if Storm wasn't quite so popular in the Modern meta.

Bide Anger -- UU
    Enchantment -- Rare
    Bide Anger can't be countered.
    Whenever a spell you control is countered, put a spell counter on Bide Anger
    U, remove a spell counter from Bide Anger: Counter target spell you don't control

Get it? It's a counter spell that uses spell counters to counter spells? ahahahahahahakillmeahahahahahaha

Challenge: A mythic rare colorless legendary nonland card.
    LGBTitP
    Proudly Founded Team 2

Nehra, inventor

25. - Top - End - #235
    Troll in the Playground

Bide Anger leads to some super-cheap counter-spelling potential, but only if you're in a game where good counterspells already exist. It's hard to predict how it will be used, but generally I imagine it makes your spells uncounterable; if a control deck lets you have the counter, then you can more easily counter their win condition later and then they'll be in more trouble than if they just let you have one more threat. Then again, this is already in blue, so giving your opponent one more counterspell in a format where counterspells are a thing might not be so bad... or you can counter your own stuff cheaply to buy this more general effect at the cost of another card, which could be fun. It's not unbalanced or anything, either; no one would object to, 'your spells can't be countered,' and this is no better than that. Printing it might just be hard to justify without some big in-universe instance of it.

Mizz-Nivet, Dracobot 6
    Legendary Artifact Creature - Dragon MR
    Flying
    UR, T: Reveal cards from the top of your library until you reveal a nonland card. Mizz-Nivet, Dracobot deals damage to target creature or player equal to that card's converted mana cost. Put that card into your hand and shuffle the rest into your library.
    4/4

Challenge! Equipment that doesn't give any power or toughness buffs.
    Leo, Ajax, Deshy, Cutty.

26. - Top - End - #236

OldWizardGuy

A
    Spoiler: Ninja'd
    Show
    very nice, and very tricky enchantment. On the one hand, can use it for multiple counters. On the other... it only works if your up against someone that likes to counter spells. So, a bit of a technical card that can be either awesome... or flop flat.

Loom of Fate 8
    Legendry Enchantment Artifact MR
    When you Scry or Search your deck, Level up this card
    1-4; When you cast a spell, Scry X where X is the spells CMC
    5-8; As above, and your opponent plays with their hand revealed
    9; Transform Loom of Fate
    ///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    Fate-Weaver
    Legendary Enchantment Creature- Demon MR
    Flying, Hexproof
    When you cast a spell, Scry X where X is the spells CMC
    Your opponent plays with their hand revealed
    You may use mana as if it where any color to pay for non-creature, non-artifact spells.
    "Just as planned."
    4/5

Next Challenge; Another Level up card.. or an Embalm card.

Overall, a nice take on that guilds theme, and a decent body to work with. Overall, a nice burn deck card, that can have a few uses.

Staff of Eternal Service 6
    Legendary Artifact- Equipment MR
    Equipped Creature has Protection from Zombies and has 'T- Return an exiled creature with Embalm to your graveyard'.
    Equip 4

Next Challenge; Something with Embalm.
    Last edited by Warmatt; 2017-06-29 at 12:45 AM.
    Summer Job has started, and eats a lot of time, particularly on weekends. Replies my be delayed.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Halfling in the Playground

The pro-zombies seems very tacked on, I see no real use for it. As is, it's 10 mana and a creature (essentially) to be able to embalm the same creature over and over. It's not priced for anything other than EDH, in which the only embalm creature that really matters is Angel of Sanctions. This is definitely a build-around card, but I can't see it doing anything except making Johnnies and Jennies wish that it was just a little better, because then it'd go in [deck name] they have.

Tah-Crop Assassin 3BB
    Creature- Naga U
    When ~ ETB, destroy target creature.
    Embalm 5BB
    2/2

Challenge! To celebrate the return of the God-Pharaoh (may he judge us worthy), make something Bolas-y!
    Last edited by BasketOfPuppies; 2017-06-29 at 07:11 AM.

28. - Top - End - #238

OldWizardGuy

About the stave... Anointed Procession, Lord of the Accursed, Lilliana's Mastery, and a large number of cards that buff your tokens. Procession doubles or better your tokens made, and Lord and Mastery buff your zombies.... and embalmed creatures are white zombies. So, it's pretty much just something that would fit in a Amonkhet token spam deck.... particularly with all the untap tricks they have.

And a decent enough card removal, that can block or attack, before being sacrificed... and brought back to do it all over again. Decent and simple.

God Pharaohs Decree 4WB
    Legendary Enchantment
    You gain control of all Zombies and Gods on the battlefield
    WB; Exile a creature in target graveyard, and create a creature token that is a copy of except that it is a White Zombie Creature token in addition to it's other types onto the battlefield.
    When ~ leaves the battlefield, you may search your deck for a card called Nico Bolas and add it to your hand. Then shuffle your deck.

Is it wrong that I sort of associate him with god-like power? Still, meant to represent his twisting and corruption of Amonkhet..... including a much cheaper sort of Embalm.... and a deck search to bring him there if his decree is revoked.

Next Challenge; A heretic!

29. - Top - End - #239

Quote Originally Posted by Warmatt View Post
    God Pharaohs Decree 4WB
    Legendary Enchantment
    You gain control of all Zombies and Gods on the battlefield
    WB; Exile a creature in target graveyard, and create a creature token that is a copy of except that it is a White Zombie Creature token in addition to it's other types onto the battlefield.
    When ~ leaves the battlefield, you may search your deck for a card called Nico Bolas and add it to your hand. Then shuffle your deck.
    This is... kinda weird. I wish it targeted the creature card instead of the graveyard just to make it look nicer, but it's still fine. The first line is, I'm assuming, a static ability. If so, this is awesome sideboard tech in Standard, maybe. Probably not, but depending on the meta it's fine? It's rather underwhelming, and it's absolute trash in limited, but... there are worse sins.

Next Challenge; A heretic!
    Thalia, Beacon of Stability -- 2WG
    Legendary Creature -- Human Cleric -- Mythic
    Other creatures get +1/+1. Players may play an additional land each turn.
    "Things will get better. You'll see."
    4/5

This is set after SOI, during the rebuilding that I only assume happened, because for some reason we left Innistrad as soon as all of the destruction finished happening.

For proof that this still fulfills the challenge, citation!

Challenge: Something that combos with Battle of Wits.
    Last edited by LastCenturion; 2017-06-29 at 07:20 PM.
    LGBTitP
    Proudly Founded Team 2

Nehra, inventor

30. - Top - End - #240

OldWizardGuy

A decent White/Green that buffs and helps land ramp... and helps with Landfall effects nicely.

Da Greatest WAAAGH Of All Time 2RRGG
    Enchantment R
    At the beginning of your end phase, add X Goblins to your deck from outside of the game, where X is the number of lands you control. Then shuffle your library.
    At the end of the declare blockers step, add X Orcs to your deck from outside of the game, where X is the number attacking creatures you control. Then shuffle your library.
    "WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!!!!!!!"

Next Challenge; A warhammer 40K themed vehicle
    Last edited by Warmatt; 2017-06-29 at 11:28 PM.