The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 9 of 43 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: MtG: YMTC challenge V: Familicide is a CMC 5 Black Sorcery

Quote Originally Posted by Warmatt View Post
    Da Greatest WAAAGH Of All Time 2RRGG
    Enchantment R
    At the beginning of your end phase, add X Goblins to your deck from outside of the game, where X is the number of lands you control. Then shuffle your library.
    At the end of the declare blockers step, add X Orcs to your deck from outside of the game, where X is the number attacking creatures you control. Then shuffle your library.

Next Challenge; A warhammer 40K themed vehicle
    I guess it technically combos with Battle of Wits, but if you're regularly declaring loads of attackers then you're pretty much definitely going to end up killing the opponent long before Battle does anything. By the time you reach six mana in a creature based attacking deck, you're probably already at the top of your curve, and this doesn't actually give you any card advantage or make you kill any faster. This card is also not really green in any way (except fluff, obviously) and there isn't any real reason why Goblins have a connection to the number of lands you control.
    The card should affect 'Goblin cards', not 'Goblins'. 'Goblins' are cards / permanents on the battlefield, which these cards are not.

Drukhari Venom - 1B
    Artifact - Vehicle - Rare

Flying
    Crew 1

Stealth (Spells that target this permanent cost an additional 1 to cast.)

Whenever Drukhari Venom deals combat damage to a player, that player discards a card.

3/1

Challenge: Another card that's stealthy or sneaky.
    Last edited by Gauntlet; 2017-06-30 at 03:40 AM.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Halfling in the Playground

I have to compare it to the Looter Scooter. Yours is colored, which is a little odd, but rare seems about right for a colored artifact. Yours has less toughness, but the flying will help it get through. It dies to any instant-speed damage, but there're probably bigger threats (like whatever's crewing it). I'd say that forcing a discard is comparable to looting, power-wise. It provides card advantage, but your opponent would lose their worst thing, where with looting you swap your worst thing with something random. The Stealth ability deters most removal, and honestly I think it's a little pushed. The B restriction helps, but looking at Standard this would slot right into Mardu Vehicles. I'd definitely be wary of it and watch closely. Crew 2 would ease many tensions.

Goblin Ninja 1B
    Creature- Goblin Ninja R
    T: choose target creature and flip a coin. If you win, destroy it. If you lose, repeat this process, randomly choosing a creature.
    2/1
    (I hope that ability works)

Challenge- something black and green that has nothing to do with the Golgari.

Extended Sig

Quote Originally Posted by Duck999 View Post
    Christmas starts when Halloween ends, Halloween starts after New Year. The only part of the year that isn't a holiday is between Christmas and December 31st.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    Goblin Ninja 1B
    Creature- Goblin Ninja R
    T: choose target creature and flip a coin. If you win, destroy it. If you lose, repeat this process, randomly choosing a creature.
    2/1
    (I hope that ability works)
    I think it does. However, it's not all that black. Flipping coins has always been red, and while destroying creatures is firmly in black's wheelhouse, red could also get it if it's like this. I would also prefer that the original target is also chosen randomly. However, that would make it "Destroy a random target creature". I guess I don't see the difference between repeating the process with a random target and randomly choosing a creature to destroy, except that the latter saves time. Thus, I would prefer: "Flip a coin. If you win the flip, destroy target creature. I you don't, destroy another random creature." which also keeps it from stabbing itself.

Challenge- something black and green that has nothing to do with the Golgari.
    Leyline of Life and Death -- 2BBG
    Enchantment -- Rare
    If Leyline of Life and Death is in your opening hand, you may begin the game with it on the battlefield.
    When a creature enters the battlefield from a graveyard, its controller loses life equal to its toughness.
    Creatures lose indestructible and can't have or gain indestructible.

Challenge: A land that turns into a creature a la Needle Spires or Faerie Conclave.
    LGBTitP
    Proudly Founded Team 2

"Everyone starts off making garbage.
    If you finally make something halfway
    decent, it'll be the best day of your life."
    Nehra, inventor

4. - Top - End - #244
    Firbolg in the Playground

It's rather odd, as those two abilities have nothing to do with each other. I guess recursion and indestructibility are kind of related, so this hoses both, but in different ways...? Notwithstanding the leyline clause, this seems rather overcosted for a narrow hate spell.

Hungering Chasm
    Land (R)
    T: Add C to your mana pool.
    BB, Sacrifice a creature: Hungering Chasm becomes an X/X black Horror creature until end of turn, where X is twice the sacrificed creature's power.

Next: Something cute.
    Last edited by Blue Ghost; 2017-06-30 at 10:42 AM.

Blue Ghost, Lawful Good generalist wizard, at your service.
    Love wins. S'agapo.

I make MtG cards. My portfolio

5. - Top - End - #245
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Love it. Very colour-appropriate, and the ability really brings out a visceral image of the kind of set it would be placed into. The only change I *might* make is having it /produce/ black mana, but even then I'm not too sure about it.

Fluffles the Wabbit 5GGG
    Legendary Creature - Beast MR
    Vigilance, First Strike, Deathtouch, Indestructible, Hexproof
    ~ can block any number of creatures.
    ~ gets +1/+0 for each creature it's blocking.
    "Not the sharp, pointy teeth!"
    1/1

Next; Something Simple.
    Xykon's not Evil. He just get bored really easily. And he doesn't have constructive hobbies.
    Spoiler: Gen/Degen
    Show
    Generation 4
    The first time you see this in a signature, put it in your signature and add one.
    Degeneration 92
    The first time you see this, copy it into your signature and subtract one.
    Spoiler: Super Secret Awesome Point Counter
    Show

Iceseer - 3

HUGS FOR ALL!
    Spoiler: I be an awesome pokemon
    Show

Spoiler: Le Quotes on le topic of Me
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Socksy View Post
    You're a perfect person.
    Isn't Socksy adorabibbles?

6. - Top - End - #246
    Banned

"Target player without exile or -X/-Y effects that don't target can't play the game." Bad. Indestructible on things which can block any number of creatures is bad. Hexproof indestructible makes it basically completely uninteractive.

Dreamworld Shift 3PP
    Sorcery C
    Exile target nonland permanent.
    It was only a dream...

Spoiler: Nonpurple response
    Show
    Disciple of Enlightenment 1W
    Creature - Human Cleric Warrior C
    Vigilance
    Whenever you cast an enchantment spell, put a +1/+1 counter on Disciple of Enlightenment.
    1/1

Next: An black uncommon enchantment.

7. - Top - End - #247

OldWizardGuy

Overall, a simple enough single target exile that has been blacked and white a lot. By which I mean that you can find a lot of these in white and black decks. Nothing really outstanding.

The non-purple one is interesting, and could see interesting play in a Constellation themed deck for some very interesting combinations.

Enforced Weakness 3B
    Enchantment- Curse UC
    Enchanted player has 'Whenever you cast a creature spell, place a -1/-1 counter on a creature you control.'

Next challenge; Something with Tribute or Afflict (From the upcoming Hour of Devastation)!
    Summer Job has started, and eats a lot of time, particularly on weekends. Replies my be delayed.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Troll in the Playground

The grammar could be cleaned up a bit... it technically needs Enchant Player and the Aura subtype, and I'd rather have the card do its own work rather than granting the ability to its victim. Other than that, Enforced Weakness is a pretty good curse, but it is really weird that it triggers on casting like that. Everyone who looks at this will assume that the new creature gets the -1/-1 counter, when in fact that's not even possible with the way it's worded right now. Did you mean to word it this way? Or would you spring for the more intuitive, "Each creature enchanted player controls enters the battlefield with an additional -1/-1 counter on it?"

Uncooked Bacon B
    Creature - Boar Zombie C
    Tribute 1 (As this enters the battlefield, an opponent may put a +1/+1 counter on it.)
    Uncooked Bacon has Afflict 3 as long as it has no +1/+1 counters on it. (Whenever it becomes blocked, defending player loses 3 life.)
    1/1

Challenge! Dragon!
    Leo, Ajax, Deshy, Cutty.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Interesting, in how it matches up against different decks- a little too powerful/complex for a 1-mana common, though. The only black decks I can't see making use of it would be combo decks, where every card matters.

For comparison, look at Diregraf Ghoul; in the early game, it's an obvious play. Drops at one, swings for two turn two, no downside. In the later game, a bear won't matter as much, and you don't get the immediate advantage of a blocker. With Uncooked Bacon, you do get the immediate bear blocker- that, or a blocker that can guarantee some significant life loss if it swings. For further comparison- the lowest mana cost creature with Afflict is Khenra Eternal, a 2/2 with afflict one at CMC 2.

Byril of the Eternal Flame 5WR
    Legendary Creature - Dragon MR
    Flying, Lifelink, Haste
    Funeral Pyre - When a creature you control dies, you may pay WR. If you do, return ~ from your graveyard to your hand.
    7/7

{To be specific; ~ refers to "Byril of the Eternal Flame" and "Byril of the Eternal Flame" alone.}

Challenge: Make something designed around an ability word; could be something of your own design, could be something already used by MTG, could be something you've seen on the forums already.
    Last edited by Eternis; 2017-07-06 at 05:26 PM.
    Xykon's not Evil. He just get bored really easily. And he doesn't have constructive hobbies.
    Show
    Generation 4
    The first time you see this in a signature, put it in your signature and add one.
    Degeneration 92
    Show

Iceseer - 3

HUGS FOR ALL!
    Show

Show

You're a perfect person.

10. - Top - End - #250

OldWizardGuy

Damn, that's a strong dragon. Powerful body with keywords just multiplying that, and can return other destroyed creatures to your hand cheaply. Granted, they both have to be on the field... but there are so many sacrifice/on death combos you can do with this :)

Kalgrim, Warsmith 3GG
    Legendary Creature- Troll Artificer MR
    Metalcraft- As long as you control three or more artifacts, creatures you control have 'at the beginning of your upkeep, place a +1/+1 counter on this creature' and 'G- Regenerate'
    Revolt- If a permanent you control left the field this turn, spells you play have support X until the end of your next turn, where X is Kalgrim's toughness.
    "When the going gets tough, the tough get tougher. The rest join the Consulate."
    4/6

His first ability is meant to make creatures tougher over time, and give them regenerate.

Next Challenge; An Epic spell based on the Hour of Devastation or Aomnkhet!
    Summer Job has started, and eats a lot of time, particularly on weekends. Replies my be delayed.

11. - Top - End - #251

ElfMonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Warmatt View Post
    Kalgrim, Warsmith 3GG
    Legendary Creature- Troll Artificer MR
    Metalcraft- As long as you control three or more artifacts, creatures you control have 'at the beginning of your upkeep, place a +1/+1 counter on this creature' and 'G- Regenerate'
    Revolt- If a permanent you control left the field this turn, spells you play have support X until the end of your next turn, where X is Kalgrim's toughness.
    "When the going gets tough, the tough get tougher. The rest join the Consulate."
    4/6

His first ability is meant to make creatures tougher over time, and give them regenerate.

Next Challenge; An Epic spell based on the Hour of Devastation or Aomnkhet!
    OK, this card's a bit all over the place. Keywords/action words from three different settings, and they don't really have all that much synergy. Support and the Metalcraft effect want you to have a big field, while Metalcraft itself wants you to focus on artifacts, and Revolt wants you to lose permanents for a very strong effect.

Destruction of the Hekma- 3BBB
    Sorcery (MR)
    Put a -1/-1 counter on each creature you don't control, then create two 2/2 black Zombie tokens.
    Epic

Challenge: A tri-colored card!
    Last edited by mythmonster2; 2017-07-07 at 12:54 AM.

12. - Top - End - #252

OldWizardGuy

Kaldesh has a lot of artifacts and artifact creature token producers, and if some of the artifacts or other cards require sacrifice, eh, they can be replaced to a point... and with cheap spells can be used to make the survivors stronger.... almost explosively so. Think about it. He's basically meant for a green artifact creature token deck.

Really, as long as there are at least three artifacts and some cheap spells in your hand? You can afford to lose tokens to make the rest bigger and meaner.

At least, that was the idea.

13. - Top - End - #253

Quote Originally Posted by mythmonster2 View Post
    Destruction of the Hekma- 3BBB
    Sorcery (MR)
    Put a -1/-1 counter on each creature you don't control, then create two 2/2 black Zombie tokens.
    Epic

Challenge: A tri-colored card!
    Seems like a reasonable epic card. It wins the game against most creature based opposition, but I'm not sure it quite does enough. Fast aggro probably has you dead before turn six, midrange often has threats that get around it (vehicles and planeswalkers, in particular) and control can probably deal with you casting Moan of the Unhallowed every turn and nothing else. I think this would probably be fine making three tokens for 7 mana.

Herald of Bolas - 2UBR
    Creature - Sphinx - Mythic

Flying, Haste
    Whenever Herald of Bolas deals combat damage to a player, reveal that many cards from the top of your library. An opponent separates them into two piles. Put one pile into your hand and the other into your graveyard.

Eternalize 4UBR

2/5

Challenge: Another iconic creature (Angel, Sphinx, Demon, Dragon, or Hydra).

14. - Top - End - #254
    Troll in the Playground

Eternalize doesn't usually like to subtract stats, and this could probably get away with being a 2/4. It's not cheap, but it does have haste and the ability is pretty good, so I guess its overall value is more of a playtest question. The FoF effect makes it feel more like a UUR creature than a UBR creature to me, but it also makes it feel like a really good sphinx. I guess it just fell in with the wrong crowd.

Hydragon 4RG
    Creature - Dragon Hydra MR
    Flying, Haste
    Hydragon enters the battlefield with 4 +1/+1 counters on it.
    Whenever Hydragon deals combat damage, put 3 +1/+1 counters on it.
    0/0

...nah, that's boring. How 'bout this?

The Forest's Stand 9GG
    Instant - MR
    The Forest's Stand costs 1 less to cast for each creature attacking you or a planeswalker you control.
    Create 4 4/4 green Treefolk creature tokens. They gain reach until end of turn.

Challenge! Make a card that references a big scary creature type without actually being one.
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2017-07-07 at 11:50 PM.
    Leo, Ajax, Deshy, Cutty.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Hydragon is one of those "wins limited games, but probably is too slow and counterable for constructed" cards. Throwing in trample and less ramping would help with that, maybe? Or lower cost and smaller size. Or both.

The Forest's Stand is pretty hilarious, but I can't imagine it working much. It'd have to be against some wacky turn 5ish finisher (like, Thatcher Revolt plus anthem buff) to actually save you from aggro, and I can't imagine it being worth it in most other circumstances. I guess in a format where aggro has a lot of relatively low-power creatures it could be feasible?

Dragonblood Infusion 2RR
    Enchantment - Aura R
    Enchant nondragon creature
    Enchanted creature gets +2/+2, flying, and "R - This creature gets +1/+0".
    Whenever a dragon dies, you may return Dragonblood Infusion from your graveyard to your hand.
    Cycling 1R

Challenge: Another aura with built in card advantage.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Orc in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Dragonblood infusion is pretty strong, though it might be a little undercosted.

Owl Umbra 3U
    Enchantment - Aura - U
    When ~ enters the battlefield draw a card
    Enchanted creature gains fly
    Totem armor (If enchanted creature would be destroyed, instead remove all damage from it and destroy this Aura.

Make a damage instant or sorcery
    The first rule of gaming, before you have even chosen the game is and always should be

HAVE FUN

(FUN being defined as it is in dwarf fortress)

17. - Top - End - #257

ElfMonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by braveheart View Post
    Owl Umbra 3U
    Enchantment - Aura - U
    When ~ enters the battlefield draw a card
    Enchanted creature gains fly
    Totem armor (If enchanted creature would be destroyed, instead remove all damage from it and destroy this Aura.

Make a damage instant or sorcery
    I can't help but feel this is too weak. Drake Umbra costs only one more and doesn't have the cantrip, but it gives +3/+3, a significant boost considering it's flying. I think this could be bumped down to 3 mana without a problem.

Purifying Flame- R
    Instant (U)
    Purifying Flame deals 2 damage to target creature or player. Remove all counters from that player or creature.

Challenge: A card from Phyrexia!

18. - Top - End - #258

Quote Originally Posted by mythmonster2 View Post
    Purifying Flame- R
    Instant (U)
    Purifying Flame deals 2 damage to target creature or player. Remove all counters from that player or creature.

Challenge: A card from Phyrexia!
    This seems pretty powerful. It kills hydras and other +1/+1 counter building creatures, saves your own creatures from -1/-1 counters, hoses Energy and Experience in ways they aren't designed to be interacted with, and also shuts down Infect somewhat (though Infect plans tend to oneshot you anyway, so it doesn't really matter there). I think a card like this (a powerful option against a variety of decks) is the sort of thing you want to be a sideboard card, so I don't think the 'baseline' function of the card should be as good as it is here - otherwise it would just get maindecked and force a lot fo decks out of the format. I think it would be more appropriate at 2R for three damage or similar.

Atraxa's Attendant - 4
    Artifact Creature - Angel Horror - Uncommon

Flying
    2GW: Put a +1/+1 counter on target creature.
    2UB: Target player draws a card and gets a poison counter.

2/3

Challenge: Another card with an off-colour activated ability.
    Last edited by Gauntlet; 2017-07-11 at 05:03 AM.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Ehh.... I mean, it's a card? But I'd never play it outside of a very weird (albeit fun) commander deck.

I absolutely love the "poison counter- draw a card" thing, but there are some *far* better +1/+1 counter abilities out there at common/uncommon- and if you're actually using the poison counters ability at all, there are better and faster ways to do either of the two effects. I can actually see it being used in multiplayer games, as a "payment" for strategic alliances; I just wouldn't pin my hopes on it any time soon.

Zashtar Ritualist 1B
    Creature - Human Cleric U
    T, pay 1 life: Add one mana to your mana pool.
    T, pay 3 life, Exert: Add BBB to your mana pool.
    1/1

Next challenge- Create some technology :D
    Show
    Generation 4
    Degeneration 92
    Show

Iceseer - 3

HUGS FOR ALL!
    Show

Show

You're a perfect person.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Troll in the Playground

Oh, okay. It's a pretty powerful piece of burst-acceleration, to be certain. It either draws out removal or gives your opponent turn 2 to get ready for whatever you have up your sleeve. I imagine the exert ability would normally be a sacrifice ability, but in a time where we're showcasing exert as a mechanic, it's not so big a difference that it can't work.

Time Hammer - 1
    Artifact - Equipment R
    Whenever equipped creature blocks or becomes blocked, return it and all creatures blocking or blocked by it to their owners' hands.
    Equip 4

Challenge! Draw two cards!
    Leo, Ajax, Deshy, Cutty.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Banned

This seems really quite powerful, actually. Repeatable return-to-hand is fairly good. I assume that the flavour is supposed to be knocking people into the middle of next week, only literally?

Library Hammer 5UR
    Sorcery R
    Draw two cards. Library hammer deals X damage to target creature, where X is the number of cards in your hand.

Next: Another multicoloured sorcery.

22. - Top - End - #262

OldWizardGuy

A very nice combo with card draw, and awesome with blue cards that unlimit your hand size, and the red Soul-Scar Mage for some awesome counters to things that just refuse to go away otherwise.

Hour of Defiance 3WG
    Sorcery MR
    Counter or Exile target Bolas planeswalker. If the target would be placed in a graveyard, exile it instead.
    Revolt- If a permanent under your control left the field this turn, ~ can't be countered.

And yes, I know it's a keyword from a differing block.... but it fits so well :P

Next challenge; Something else with a keyword from a different block then the one it's designed for.
    Last edited by Warmatt; 2017-07-19 at 12:29 PM.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Doesn't work as a counterspell- You can only cast sorceries on your turn, and not in response to anything. Apart from that, it really doesn't fit at Mythic Rare- The card has very little utility in that it's designed to combat two very specific cards, both far outside the curve you're hitting with Hour of Defiance, and that's it. No other potential use than "bye bye Bolas".

If you put it as a Rare, and it was an instant, and probably at CMC 3 or 4, then it *might* be potentially playable, in a meta where a deck playing both Bolas' is a real threat-
    Or as an alternative to decreasing the cost/instant-ing it, give it the capability to exile "target black, red, or blue creature" as well? Then it's a definite sideboard for a GW control deck.

----

Kithkin Herdmaster 2WW
    Creature - Kithkin Knight R
    Horsemanship (This creature can't be blocked except by creatures with horsemanship.)
    Goats you control have Horsemanship
    3/3

----

Next Challenge: Design a card that's a representation of a set; could be an old set, could be a new set, could be a set that's only in your head, but one way or the other it should clearly display the major theme/themes of the set.
    Last edited by Eternis; 2017-07-19 at 08:55 PM.
    Show
    Generation 4
    Degeneration 92
    Show

Iceseer - 3

HUGS FOR ALL!
    Show

Show

You're a perfect person.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Troll in the Playground

Is he... is he strapping the goats to the horses? The biggest problem mechanically is that kithkin exist on the same plane as fairies, and fairies have flying, and despite my own entries from the distant past Horsemanship only works in a set that specifically doesn't have flying. So, maybe this isn't Lorwyn after all? Some other, non-fairy set where halflings and goats are a thing and wars are decided by horsefulness?

Core Set - 0
    Artifact - R
    When Core Set enters the battlefield, create two colorless artifact tokens named Core.
    Nameless planeswalkers fighting a pointless war over a claim to some ruined kitsch.

Challenge! Something to use against your opponent's big planeswalker!
    Leo, Ajax, Deshy, Cutty.

25. - Top - End - #265

OldWizardGuy

Ah, my bad. Thought I had a few things off with Hour of Defiance, but I just woke up, so... yeah.

And that is both pointless... and awesome for Metalcraft decks Really, it's small, useless and is three artifacts for one card. Nice.

He Who Hunts Between 6
    Legendary Creature- Horror MR
    Protection from Planeswalkers
    Whenever a Planeswalker is put into a graveyard, exile it instead
    5, T- Deal X damage to target Planeswalker. Then the Planeswalkers controller exiles X non-land permanents they control, where X is the number of Loyalty counters on target Planeswalker.
    "There are things other then Eldrazi that hunt in the Blind Eternities."
    5/5

Next Challenge; A new Eldrazi Titan!

26. - Top - End - #266

the mass board exile seems much too swingy. This is a 6-drop that says "remove as many counters from your walker as possible on your turn" and "you can't play planeswalkers." Alternatively it's a 6-mana Doom Blade target. The mass exile effect seems too mean, plus I think there's a cleaner way to phrase the ability. Against decks that don't run walkers this is useless. I'd make the ability just destroy a walker and cost significantly less. I don't see this ever being printed.

Kertakos, Army of One 11
    Legendary Creature- Eldrazi
    Trample, Indestructible
    When Kertakos, Army of One attacks, any number of target creatures defending player controls block Kertakos this turn if able.
    13/13

Challenge- an aura that doesn't enchant a creature or player.

Extended Sig

Christmas starts when Halloween ends, Halloween starts after New Year. The only part of the year that isn't a holiday is between Christmas and December 31st.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Banned

11-drops are allowed to be nasty. 11-drops should not outright win the game and not even die to removal. They include things like darksteel colossus (strictly worse than Kertakos except for types), for example. At least Ulamog allows the player to choose which of their stuff dies horribly.

Planar Shielding 4W
    Enchantment - Aura R
    Enchant Planeswalker.
    Whenever a source would deal damage to enchanted planeswalker, that source deals 1 damage to that planeswalker instead.

Next: A dual-type card which isn't a creature (such as artifact land, enchantment land, planeswalker land, artifact enchantment, artifact planeswalker or enchantment planeswalker, or an instant//sorcery aftermath card).

28. - Top - End - #268

Quote Originally Posted by Jormengand View Post
    11-drops are allowed to be nasty. 11-drops should not outright win the game and not even die to removal. They include things like darksteel colossus (strictly worse than Kertakos except for types), for example. At least Ulamog allows the player to choose which of their stuff dies horribly.
    Path to Exile is a modern-legal card that can deal with this.

Extended Sig

29. - Top - End - #269
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    Path to Exile is a modern-legal card that can deal with this.
    Yes, but "There exists a relatively niche card in modern that can handle this" isn't a guarantee of not being overpowered. Dies to exile is an even weaker argument than dies to removal. Everything dies to exile.

30. - Top - End - #270
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jormengand View Post
    Planar Shielding 4W
    Enchantment - Aura R
    Enchant Planeswalker.
    Whenever a source would deal damage to enchanted planeswalker, that source deals 1 damage to that planeswalker instead.
    Although I'm not 100% sure, I think this works as intended. Assuming it does, I still don't think that this is a good idea; at five mana, it's too slow for Modern or Legacy, probably not useful in Standard, but it's incredible in EDH, especially in Nahiri, the Lithomancer decks that can guarantee having a planeswalker. It's a good idea, but I think the execution lacks a little.

Next: A dual-type card which isn't a creature (such as artifact land, enchantment land, planeswalker land, artifact enchantment, artifact planeswalker or enchantment planeswalker, or an instant//sorcery aftermath card).
    Not sure if this counts as dual-type, but it's a single card that has more than one type, so I'm counting it.

Electric Remnant -- R
    Instant -- Rare
    Electric Remnant deals 1 damage to target creature or player.
    2R: Return Electric Remnant from your graveyard to the battlefield transformed. Activate this ability only any time you could cast a sorcery.

///

Charged Ground
    CI: R
    Land -- Mountain
    (T: Add R to your mana pool)
    T, Exile Charged Ground: Add RR to your mana pool. Charged Ground deals 2 damage to you.
    At the beginning of each upkeep, if Charged Ground is untapped, deal 1 damage to each creature.
    If Charged Ground would leave the battlefield, shuffle it into it's owner's library instead.

Citation for wording: Startled Awake//Persistent Nightmare

Challenge: A spell that fills the same slot as a mana dork or mana rock, but is neither a dork nor a rock. Basically, a noncreature, nonartifact, nonland card that repeatedly produces mana.
    LGBTitP
    Proudly Founded Team 2

"Everyone starts off making garbage.
    If you finally make something halfway
    decent, it'll be the best day of your life."
    Nehra, inventor