New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

Default Converting Armorist to 3.5

So i'm looking in to the Armorist class, from the Spheres of power and really liked it. Problems are:
    1) I normally play d&d 3.5, so I would need to convert it;
    2) I really don't know much of pathfinder.

Is someone there with some free time to help/explain more in deeply how could the conversion work?

Sorry that i'm lazy
    Last edited by Blu; 2017-02-14 at 09:15 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Converting Armorist to 3.5

There's really very little to do.

First, give the class the Concentration skill. Pathfinder did away with this skill and replaced it with a level based check, and Spheres also runs on that. But its easy enough to just say that Armorist uses the Concentration skill instead.

There's also probably one or two enchantments that might not be in 3.5 that the Armorist has access to? Cut them out, or replace them with something similar from 3.5.

Beyond that... the main thing you need to watch out for is not the class, but some of the talents it might want to use. Skills were altered in Pathfinder, mostly just with some consolidations. Listen, Search, and Spot were condensed into Perception. Hide and Move Silently were combined into Stealth. Fly was added. So any talents that use or modify those will need to be altered to use the 3.5 skills. Pathfinder also uses a unified system for combat maneuvers, so if you see CMB/CMD, just replace them stuff for grapple/trip/whatever is appropriate to the talent. There may be one or two more bits that don't immediately occur to me.

But the short of it is, Armorist is almost entirely ready to go as is. Just be aware of your talent selection and you'll be fine.