New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1492
  1. - Top - End - #1051
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Path of Exile 3.0 (the other Diablo clone)

Quote Originally Posted by Drasius View Post
    126% life on the tree, uncapped resists, Abyssus and 4.2k life at lvl 86? With virtually no Ar or EV? What is this I don't even?

Starforge and Belly but only with 4 links? You could sell the starforge and get better gear and still plow bosses with heavy strike. No Kaoms Roots on a build that desperately needs life but has virtually no use for movespeed and has virtually no EV anyway? No boot enchant? 28 life and 0 resists between both your ring slots?

I mean, you've clearly got enough damage to brute force your way through many encounters and flicker will let you clear like a champ, but seriously, you could quite easily cut down a touch on the damage for a pretty big survivability bump. Your SR guardian was nice, but as much as I love both FS and Slayer, I can't say that I'm a fan of this one I'm afraid, even if the numbers are impressive on paper.
    Good points, here are my general reasonings behind a lot of them:
    -4l is a product of having the belly drop as a 1s & having enough currency to get it up to 5s/4l on my own. Starforge was 3 ex as a 2s/2l, also crafted up to where it is on my own. Both will get upgraded as I accumulate currency.
    -Resists are capped, just not over-capped (76/82 fire, 75/92 lightning, 75/75 cold showing in game, not sure why they're not showing as capped in PoB. Had bandit set to 2pts, not Alira, that fixes that error. Pastebin)
    -Boots: Using two-tone to cap resists, lab enchant overwrites the implicit resists (I ruined a pair of spiked gloves with a lab enchant a while ago), which are just barely enough to cap me out. I self crafted them with a shrieking essence of wrath, then slapped as much life as I could onto them. I know the move speed on them is wasted on this char, but self crafting boots, you take what you get. No Kaom's roots also partly due to wanting to avoid giving up my CwDT-IC since reflected physical damage was the main thing that killed me. Should be more manageable with headsman now, but I'm waiting a bit to see how it feels with the shiny new ascendancy.
    -Rings: Resists are capped without them, but more life would be great. They're the best I had in my stash/could get for less than 5c, so they're a work in progress.

Do my build choices make a bit more sense now?

I think I'm getting more survivability from the stun from the crap load of phys damage I'm doing than either of us are fully aware of, but I think I'm also a lot more willing to play around with characters that regularly die several times throughout a map than you are. It's kind of like salty stuff with chocolate for me, the contrast between my guardian and this makes both of them more fun for me. (And I'll readily agree with you that my guardian is a far more elegant and refined build, this one is just a fun HULK SMASH PUNY MORTAL style build without hulk's toughness.)

Edit: Forgot to mention in my previous post, congrats on getting the Elder kill. You're SSF right? Makes it even more impressive how far you get in relatively short time frames.
    Last edited by Astral Avenger; 2018-01-07 at 09:02 PM.
    Long-form Sig

2. - Top - End - #1052
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Astral Avenger View Post
    Do my build choices make a bit more sense now?
    Yes and no - ~400c from selling the starforge would let you fix basically everything wrong* with the build. Ditch the boots for Kaoms, ditch the rings to cap resists, stuff the warchief into the leap/fort/FA instead of frenzy, Blood Rage/Golem/Blas+[curse] (though I'd probably drop the golem personally) then stick frenzy into the 6th socket of a 5-link and you're done. I'd say you shouldn't need CWDT/IC since reflect doesn't exist outside of maps (just phys/ele thorns and flicker will/should mean you're gone before it hits). If you really wanted CWDT, you could replace golem/blas with CWDT/IC and just accept a lower level curse (or get a assassin's mark on hit shaper ring).

Also, given how much you've invested into crit, I'm surprised you haven't bought/divined your Terminus Est to >70%.

I guess a large part of it comes from just assuming that anyone who trades can just get whatever they want. Maybe I'll give in and play the normal league instead of SSF for the next release and see if that assumption is valid.

I did find an Oro's a while back, maybe I should make a Flickster...

* IMHO, dying repeatedly is a problem, though if you're OK with it, well, I guess it's fine

3. - Top - End - #1053

NecromancerGuy

Yes and no - ~400c from selling the starforge would let you fix basically everything wrong* with the build. Ditch the boots for Kaoms, ditch the rings to cap resists, stuff the warchief into the leap/fort/FA instead of frenzy, Blood Rage/Golem/Blas+[curse] (though I'd probably drop the golem personally) then stick frenzy into the 6th socket of a 5-link and you're done. I'd say you shouldn't need CWDT/IC since reflect doesn't exist outside of maps (just phys/ele thorns and flicker will/should mean you're gone before it hits). If you really wanted CWDT, you could replace golem/blas with CWDT/IC and just accept a lower level curse (or get a assassin's mark on hit shaper ring).

Also, given how much you've invested into crit, I'm surprised you haven't bought/divined your Terminus Est to >70%.

I guess a large part of it comes from just assuming that anyone who trades can just get whatever they want. Maybe I'll give in and play the normal league instead of SSF for the next release and see if that assumption is valid.

I did find an Oro's a while back, maybe I should make a Flickster...

* IMHO, dying repeatedly is a problem, though if you're OK with it, well, I guess it's fine
    1st part, all valid suggestions, one of the large factors holding me back from implementing much of that is my being nearly out of chromatics (and being tired of working on maxing my resists for this char, it wasn't working for 2 days until I remembered I had a good lightning resist essence). CwDT-IC is one of my old fall-backs to increase survivability a bit, but I'll play test without it for the rest of the night and see how it goes.

Terminus Est came from a dark forgotten corner of my remove only stash, I didn't even think of checking what the crit range on it was *Facepalms & goes to check what I can get from poe.trade for 10c or less*

Trade is a blessing and a curse, I try and find/make my own rares as much as possible, but usually will buy uniques if I don't already have one in my stash. I try to plan ahead for my next build enough to keep an eye out for useful rares/uniques at least a week before I start building, but with how many uniques there are in the game, it still usually means buying ~80% of them. Trying to find the one good ring at a reasonable price can be an exercise in frustration, but sometimes you'll get that one really good one for 1c or something.

Funny Story about selling the Starforge to buy other stuff... This was originally a Kitava's Feast Flicker strike, sold the axe for 3ex+10c, bought a Starforge for 3ex, sold a 6s 4l-2l shavs for 1.5 ex, bought a better starforge for 3 ex (the one currently equipped) and have the old one in the sell tab at 3.5 ex (I stuck 4l on it from nothing too, if it doesn't sell in the next few days I'll drop it back to 3ex).

Edit the second: Just upgraded my terminus to one with 73% increased crit chance, 243% increased physical damage, already feel the improvement. Also, starforge sold, so I'm up 1/2 an ex minus whatever jewelers it took to get the colors I wanted on it before.
    Last edited by Astral Avenger; 2018-01-07 at 10:17 PM.
    Long-form Sig

4. - Top - End - #1054
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

1st part, all valid suggestions, one of the large factors holding me back from implementing much of that is my being nearly out of chromatics (and being tired of working on maxing my resists for this char, it wasn't working for 2 days until I remembered I had a good lightning resist essence). CwDT-IC is one of my old fall-backs to increase survivability a bit, but I'll play test without it for the rest of the night and see how it goes.
    1) Don't let me browbeat you into changing your set-up if it's working for you
    2) CWDT/IC/Duration/[Rage or Curse] has been a permanant fixture for every build I've made for ages too, but with reflect gone, I've had absolutely no issues going without it. My Wild Strike Raider is currently punching out >250k'ish DPS and she gleefully blasts away at Elemental Thorns (the ele reflect replacement) without worrying about it. I think she's the only one of my Abyss characters who runs IC at all actually, though that's more to cope with her criminally low HP (4.8k) as safety against something sneaking through 30k EV and 30% dodge.

5. - Top - End - #1055
    Ogre in the Playground

decided to take a Molten Strike Gladiator for a spin anyhows ... and I used up all my luck of the month from Vaal Orbing a near-perfect Anvil into having +4%Block Implicit

6. - Top - End - #1056
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

I don't think I've ever got that corruption, and I've Vaal'ed almost every Anvil and Lahzwar I've come across. Nice work.

I'm currently doing the slow grind through high yellow/low red maps but it's so much more effort compared to Harbinger. I really wish they kept those orbs since it make filling out the atlas so much less painful. Finally found the last trial just as my Raider ding'ed 90 and had a reasonable run through with no major dramas as it was an easy day and I got an acceleration shrine (even if it was late). Noticable drop in damage taken with her final ascendancy too which is nice. Also finally found the "common" lich after geting 4 of the rare ones. The "common" dude is way, way easier than the other guy too, but he only dropped me another belt, so I wasn't overly impressed.

Found a poets pen yesterday just as I was contemplating how I'd run a Volatile Dead caster. Could be interesting, I've never run a wander before, maybe it's time to see what the hype is all about?

Edit: And another Poets Pen just now. Alright, alright, I'll make a wander. Jeez!
    Last edited by Drasius; 2018-01-11 at 09:41 PM.

7. - Top - End - #1057
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Some of you might recall the Heavy Strike Vs Minotaur clip (not my character) a few pages back and thought it was a bit crazy. I present the following (also not my character) to you for your amusement:

8. - Top - End - #1058
    Ogre in the Playground

so close, so far ... while running a few Oni-Goroshi runs, Silverbranch drops

9. - Top - End - #1059

Some of you might recall the Heavy Strike Vs Minotaur clip (not my character) a few pages back and thought it was a bit crazy. I present the following (also not my character) to you for your amusement:
    This is why good villains don't monologue.
    Szilard has all of those sweet trophies for a reason. Awesome avatar is his handiwork.

10. - Top - End - #1060

Almost finished up with my build, just a "few" more choices to make. Upped my damage a good bit by using the ~90 gemcutter's I had been saving when I hit level 96. It is disheartening for a T15 with big packsize to be worth 1% of your exp to next level. Character looks like this now: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/...zle/characters

Things I'm considering if anyone has input:

Spoiler: nitty gritty build stuff
    Show

Arctic Armor instead of Purity of Ice for general mapping. I think I want PoI for Shaper as he has some cold focus but for more general stuff, Arctic seems good.

About time for Bated Breath to get replaced. The obvious choices I see are a Crystal Belt (Shaped would be amazing for the 10% increased ES, but seems super unlikely to drop) a Stygian Vise, or the unique one with 2 jewel slots. The new jewels seem nice, but I need two specific prefixes, ES and DoT damage with a shield. Most mods don't do anything for me. 1% Regeneration on the suffix seems great, though.

Elder Boots for the "socketed gems are supported by increased duration/increased skill effect." It is not easy to find high ilevel Elder Sorcerer boots. I think I need to rely on strongboxes to get them to 86 for the new move speed prefix.

Crafting on my ring. I think Leo's "faster start of energy shield recharge" is good. Might try to use more essences first or try to slam +level to socketed gem.

Helm's rolls aren't very good. Finally got a Hubris Circlet with ED damage, but so far the essences haven't been kind, gone through about 20 of them.

I can start corrupting Chayula's once I get a belt with strength, be it crystal or stygian. +1 Curse would probably entice me to run Despair instead of Purity of Lightning, but that seems like another pipe dream.

I'm wondering if I go back to Heretic's Veil if I have enough mana to add Despair with a level 4 Enlightenment instead of the Blasphemy. That would work if I got corrupted Purity of Lightning on Chayula's or just focused on lighting res on gear, though still a loss of 6% max res. I don't know how to do it with the limited sockets and mana.

Gonna start beating up on the Elder for a Watcher's Eye. Debating between a few affixes I'm hunting. Back to Heretic's Veil or a Chayula corruption that leads to Clarity makes me think the extra ES from max mana affix is bonkers, but 2.5% regen from Discipline, faster recharge, % of physical converted to lightning/fire/whatever Purity I have up all seem great too. I can see why you're limited to 1.

Tree is almost finished but debating between respeccing out of some the nodes near Unnatural Calm and pathing past the Shaper node for the jewel (and 1% life regen being pretty good when you have 13k ES.) or just filling out the last ES nodes by Nullification. Definitely finishing Growth and Decay either way.
    Szilard has all of those sweet trophies for a reason. Awesome avatar is his handiwork.

11. - Top - End - #1061

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Meta View Post
    Almost finished up with my build, just a "few" more choices to make. Upped my damage a good bit by using the ~90 gemcutter's I had been saving when I hit level 96. It is disheartening for a T15 with big packsize to be worth 1% of your exp to next level. Character looks like this now: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/...zle/characters

Spoiler: nitty gritty build stuff
    Show

Arctic Armor instead of Purity of Ice for general mapping. I think I want PoI for Shaper as he has some cold focus but for more general stuff, Arctic seems good.

About time for Bated Breath to get replaced. The obvious choices I see are a Crystal Belt (Shaped would be amazing for the 10% increased ES, but seems super unlikely to drop) a Stygian Vise, or the unique one with 2 jewel slots. The new jewels seem nice, but I need two specific prefixes, ES and DoT damage with a shield. Most mods don't do anything for me. 1% Regeneration on the suffix seems great, though.

Elder Boots for the "socketed gems are supported by increased duration/increased skill effect." It is not easy to find high ilevel Elder Sorcerer boots. I think I need to rely on strongboxes to get them to 86 for the new move speed prefix.

Crafting on my ring. I think Leo's "faster start of energy shield recharge" is good. Might try to use more essences first or try to slam +level to socketed gem.

Helm's rolls aren't very good. Finally got a Hubris Circlet with ED damage, but so far the essences haven't been kind, gone through about 20 of them.

I can start corrupting Chayula's once I get a belt with strength, be it crystal or stygian. +1 Curse would probably entice me to run Despair instead of Purity of Lightning, but that seems like another pipe dream.

I'm wondering if I go back to Heretic's Veil if I have enough mana to add Despair with a level 4 Enlightenment instead of the Blasphemy. That would work if I got corrupted Purity of Lightning on Chayula's or just focused on lighting res on gear, though still a loss of 6% max res. I don't know how to do it with the limited sockets and mana.

Gonna start beating up on the Elder for a Watcher's Eye. Debating between a few affixes I'm hunting. Back to Heretic's Veil or a Chayula corruption that leads to Clarity makes me think the extra ES from max mana affix is bonkers, but 2.5% regen from Discipline, faster recharge, % of physical converted to lightning/fire/whatever Purity I have up all seem great too. I can see why you're limited to 1.

Tree is almost finished but debating between respeccing out of some the nodes near Unnatural Calm and pathing past the Shaper node for the jewel (and 1% life regen being pretty good when you have 13k ES.) or just filling out the last ES nodes by Nullification. Definitely finishing Growth and Decay either way.
    Clicking the link to your character, I'm seeing this:w
    This profile tab has been set to private or you the lack the permissions to view it.
    Hard to comment on the rest of your stuff without seeing it, but Arctic Armor reduces incoming fire and phys damage [1], so you would want to drop purity of fire, not ice.
    Long-form Sig

12. - Top - End - #1062

Clicking the link to your character, I'm seeing this:w

Hard to comment on the rest of your stuff without seeing it, but Arctic Armor reduces incoming fire and phys damage [1], so you would want to drop purity of fire, not ice.
    Whoops. For some reason Hide Characters was selected by default. Should be fixed.

Unfortunately my shield is corrupted with a green socket. I could try a major overhaul and switch things around, but it's a pretty good legacy shield.

Cold is currently overcapped enough that I can drop PoI and still be capped at 75%, mostly because Dream Fragment gives 70% Ice by itself. So I can swap the PoI and AA freely only losing the extra 6% Cold res.

13. - Top - End - #1063

NecromancerGuy

Whoops. For some reason Hide Characters was selected by default. Should be fixed.

Unfortunately my shield is corrupted with a green socket. I could try a major overhaul and switch things around, but it's a pretty good legacy shield.

Cold is currently overcapped enough that I can drop PoI and still be capped at 75%, mostly because Dream Fragment gives 70% Ice by itself. So I can swap the PoI and AA freely only losing the extra 6% Cold res.
    I have vorci at 8, if you have chromes and vaal orbs, i can recolor your shield for you.

You can level your immortal call to 3 and still keep the CwDT at 1 iirc. That will give slightly better up-time on the IC.

I'll look closer at the skill tree stuff once I've eaten dinner (but there's a high chance Drasius will beat me to it and have better suggestions than I would anyway).
    Edit: Tree stuff: I would finish growth and decay first, then probably stay with the ES nodes by Unnatural calm until you can respec all the way to the shaper jewel, and only do the respec once you have a good jewel to put there.
    Last edited by Astral Avenger; 2018-01-24 at 09:08 PM.
    Long-form Sig

14. - Top - End - #1064

I have vorci at 8, if you have chromes and vaal orbs, i can recolor your shield for you.

You can level your immortal call to 3 and still keep the CwDT at 1 iirc. That will give slightly better up-time on the IC.

I'll look closer at the skill tree stuff once I've eaten dinner (but there's a high chance Drasius will beat me to it and have better suggestions than I would anyway).
    I have him too, I just totally forgot he could that. Thanks for the reminder. So if I get more fire res on gear I can recolor PoF away. That seems smart, thanks.

Doesn't leveling up IC just increase the duration per endurance charge? I don't have any way to get those.

15. - Top - End - #1065

NecromancerGuy

I have him too, I just totally forgot he could that. Thanks for the reminder. So if I get more fire res on gear I can recolor PoF away. That seems smart, thanks.

Doesn't leveling up IC just increase the duration per endurance charge? I don't have any way to get those.
    (I was editing my previous comment as you posted, see thoughts there)
    It does, but if someone in the party is running Warlords mark or has conduit from tree/gear, you could still get them.
    Since you can get them incidentally occasionally, its worth the non-investment to put IC at the max level CwDT can still trigger it.
    Long-form Sig

16. - Top - End - #1066
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

nitty gritty build stuff
    - Arctic Armor instead of Purity of Ice for general mapping. I think I want PoI for Shaper as he has some cold focus but for more general stuff, Arctic seems good.
    AA only works when you're stationary (unless you want it for the chilled ground effect) while +max res is always on. I guess you need to ask yourself how often you're stationary?
    Shapers beam is all 3 elements, the balls are cold and the bullet hell is also cold (and both penetrate 25% resistance) while the slam is obviously phys.

- About time for Bated Breath to get replaced. The obvious choices I see are a Crystal Belt (Shaped would be amazing for the 10% increased ES, but seems super unlikely to drop) a Stygian Vise, or the unique one with 2 jewel slots. The new jewels seem nice, but I need two specific prefixes, ES and DoT damage with a shield. Most mods don't do anything for me. 1% Regeneration on the suffix seems great, though.
    There's a bunch of mods available on jewels that would be handy for you in addition to ES and DoT - chaos to spells, inc damage if you've killed, regen while moving, cast speed, chaos resist, +int, hinder with spells (and that's just Hypnotic Eye jewels, there's 3 other types with different affixes). To be honest, I'm not sure you can really get much out of replacing Bated Breath since the +max ES, +Damage and + Recharge are all really nice while most belts are more for +life & resists.

- Elder Boots for the "socketed gems are supported by increased duration/increased skill effect." It is not easy to find high ilevel Elder Sorcerer boots. I think I need to rely on strongboxes to get them to 86 for the new move speed prefix.
    T16 Abyss rares and chests should also be able to provide ilvl86 IIRC. Probably not worth it for the 5% movespeed, but hey, it's your Ex.

-Crafting on my ring. I think Leo's "faster start of energy shield recharge" is good. Might try to use more essences first or try to slam +level to socketed gem.
    I'd definately be spending up on Essences before trying to slam anything and I certainly wouldn't slam anything onto that ring.

- Helm's rolls aren't very good. Finally got a Hubris Circlet with ED damage, but so far the essences haven't been kind, gone through about 20 of them.
    I think this might be your weakest piece and would be the first place I'd start spending currency.

- I can start corrupting Chayula's once I get a belt with strength, be it crystal or stygian. +1 Curse would probably entice me to run Despair instead of Purity of Lightning, but that seems like another pipe dream.
    Just buy what you want, you're just throwing away currency otherwise.

- I'm wondering if I go back to Heretic's Veil if I have enough mana to add Despair with a level 4 Enlightenment instead of the Blasphemy. That would work if I got corrupted Purity of Lightning on Chayula's or just focused on lighting res on gear, though still a loss of 6% max res. I don't know how to do it with the limited sockets and mana.
    Fire up PoB and find out the easy way.

- Gonna start beating up on the Elder for a Watcher's Eye. Debating between a few affixes I'm hunting. Back to Heretic's Veil or a Chayula corruption that leads to Clarity makes me think the extra ES from max mana affix is bonkers, but 2.5% regen from Discipline, faster recharge, % of physical converted to lightning/fire/whatever Purity I have up all seem great too. I can see why you're limited to 1.
    HA! There's like, 2160 different permutations of skills and buffs, so again, just buy what you want (unless it's the clarity extra ES which is still super expensive even though it's fixed). You're never going to be able to kill enough elders to have even a remote chance at getting what you want, considering that he doesn't even drop them every time.

- Tree is almost finished but debating between respeccing out of some the nodes near Unnatural Calm and pathing past the Shaper node for the jewel (and 1% life regen being pretty good when you have 13k ES.) or just filling out the last ES nodes by Nullification. Definitely finishing Growth and Decay either way.
    I think I'd trade one of your 6% ES nodes for that 5% ES and 10% recharge node, but yeah, other than some tweaking for damage and finishing off G&D, I'm not sure how much you could improve it.
    Thoughts in green.

17. - Top - End - #1067

nitty gritty build stuff
    - Arctic Armor instead of Purity of Ice for general mapping. I think I want PoI for Shaper as he has some cold focus but for more general stuff, Arctic seems good.
    AA only works when you're stationary (unless you want it for the chilled ground effect) while +max res is always on. I guess you need to ask yourself how often you're stationary?
    Shapers beam is all 3 elements, the balls are cold and the bullet hell is also cold (and both penetrate 25% resistance) while the slam is obviously phys.

Depends on the boss for how often I'm stationary, but I was thinking it might be good against Minotaur, where I can't move around as much. Still not sure, but I might just keep both on me and swap as needed.

- About time for Bated Breath to get replaced. The obvious choices I see are a Crystal Belt (Shaped would be amazing for the 10% increased ES, but seems super unlikely to drop) a Stygian Vise, or the unique one with 2 jewel slots. The new jewels seem nice, but I need two specific prefixes, ES and DoT damage with a shield. Most mods don't do anything for me. 1% Regeneration on the suffix seems great, though.
    There's a bunch of mods available on jewels that would be handy for you in addition to ES and DoT - chaos to spells, inc damage if you've killed, regen while moving, cast speed, chaos resist, +int, hinder with spells (and that's just Hypnotic Eye jewels, there's 3 other types with different affixes). To be honest, I'm not sure you can really get much out of replacing Bated Breath since the +max ES, +Damage and + Recharge are all really nice while most belts are more for +life & resists.
    Does #damage to spells add to DoTs? I thought not. The other suggestions are suffixes I think, of which I definitely could use a few different ones. Just the prefixes are limited.

- Elder Boots for the "socketed gems are supported by increased duration/increased skill effect." It is not easy to find high ilevel Elder Sorcerer boots. I think I need to rely on strongboxes to get them to 86 for the new move speed prefix.
    T16 Abyss rares and chests should also be able to provide ilvl86 IIRC. Probably not worth it for the 5% movespeed, but hey, it's your Ex.

Yeah, I need to find one myself. I've checked several times, and there's nothing, not even just the base for sale. It's probably super rare. Hopefully we get Abyss mechanics, sounds like that'll help a good bit.

-Crafting on my ring. I think Leo's "faster start of energy shield recharge" is good. Might try to use more essences first or try to slam +level to socketed gem.
    I'd definately be spending up on Essences before trying to slam anything and I certainly wouldn't slam anything onto that ring.
    I'll keep doing that. The high strength roll is sorta mandatory unless I get a new belt. Chaos Damage > Strength > ES > Chaos res maybe?

- Helm's rolls aren't very good. Finally got a Hubris Circlet with ED damage, but so far the essences haven't been kind, gone through about 20 of them.
    I think this might be your weakest piece and would be the first place I'd start spending currency.
    Yeah I bought all the <10c Essences on Standard. At least tried to. Back to it.

- I can start corrupting Chayula's once I get a belt with strength, be it crystal or stygian. +1 Curse would probably entice me to run Despair instead of Purity of Lightning, but that seems like another pipe dream.
    Just buy what you want, you're just throwing away currency otherwise.

I've seen 1 +1 curse chayula's for sale for 500 EX. I think it would actually be cheaper to corrupt every iteration. Or at least in to one that is useful like Purity of X, Clarity for the Eye, etc.

- I'm wondering if I go back to Heretic's Veil if I have enough mana to add Despair with a level 4 Enlightenment instead of the Blasphemy. That would work if I got corrupted Purity of Lightning on Chayula's or just focused on lighting res on gear, though still a loss of 6% max res. I don't know how to do it with the limited sockets and mana.
    Fire up PoB and find out the easy way.
    Might try that out. Not a mac friendly program so harder for me to use on the go or I definitely would have.

- Gonna start beating up on the Elder for a Watcher's Eye. Debating between a few affixes I'm hunting. Back to Heretic's Veil or a Chayula corruption that leads to Clarity makes me think the extra ES from max mana affix is bonkers, but 2.5% regen from Discipline, faster recharge, % of physical converted to lightning/fire/whatever Purity I have up all seem great too. I can see why you're limited to 1.
    HA! There's like, 2160 different permutations of skills and buffs, so again, just buy what you want (unless it's the clarity extra ES which is still super expensive even though it's fixed). You're never going to be able to kill enough elders to have even a remote chance at getting what you want, considering that he doesn't even drop them every time.
    I don't need one specific combination, there's a couple solid ones, but I get your point. I've kept an eye on the market, nothing that fits the criteria yet. There's a lot of stuff that just isn't for trade, I can't throw Ex at everything alas.

- Tree is almost finished but debating between respeccing out of some the nodes near Unnatural Calm and pathing past the Shaper node for the jewel (and 1% life regen being pretty good when you have 13k ES.) or just filling out the last ES nodes by Nullification. Definitely finishing Growth and Decay either way.
    I think I'd trade one of your 6% ES nodes for that 5% ES and 10% recharge node, but yeah, other than some tweaking for damage and finishing off G&D, I'm not sure how much you could improve it.
    I'll probably make that trade if I craft on Leo's prefix to make the recharge start faster.

Astral, ohh that makes sense. It looks like it does up the mana a bit though. Does CWDT remove mana cost?

Thanks for the help both of you.
    Last edited by Meta; 2018-01-25 at 07:17 AM.

18. - Top - End - #1068
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Does #damage to spells add to DoTs? I thought not. The other suggestions are suffixes I think, of which I definitely could use a few different ones. Just the prefixes are limited.
    No, but you can still benefit from the initial hit that does chaos damage and since you're already stacking spell and chaos damage stacking another 17-24 flat chaos damage to the initial hit isn't terrible at all. While the best prefixes are obviously +DoT and +50 ES, the life and ES regen might not be completely terrible, though I'd be checking that in PoB before commiting to it.

Yeah, I need to find one myself. I've checked several times, and there's nothing, not even just the base for sale. It's probably super rare. Hopefully we get Abyss mechanics, sounds like that'll help a good bit.
    I'd suggest that since ilvl82/83 are 80c+ on standard just for the base and there's 1 pair of ilvl 86 on Abyss for 15 Ex just for the base , then you probably wouldn't get a huge benefit out of wasting spending that much on them. The only thing 86 gives you is 35%MS, then it's 84 for the last 9% max ES and T1 resists while 82 gives you T1 int. To be fair, if you're going to invest the sort of currency required to get mirror tier quality boots, then yeah, grab a ilvl86 base, but unless you're aiming to become a trading mogul, 78+ should be fine.

I've seen 1 +1 curse chayula's for sale for 500 EX. I think it would actually be cheaper to corrupt every iteration. Or at least in to one that is useful like Purity of X, Clarity for the Eye, etc.
    ~0.37% chance to get +1 curse, each Presence of Chayula is ~3-5 Ex so on average (call it 4), you'd need to spend ~1080 Ex to get +1 curse (plus another ~3 Ex in Vaal Orbs, but once you're <1% of the cost of the initial item, that's rounding error numbers). I'm not sure you could reliably get enough amulets even if you could afford to blow that sort of currency.

I don't need one specific combination, there's a couple solid ones, but I get your point. I've kept an eye on the market, nothing that fits the criteria yet. There's a lot of stuff that just isn't for trade, I can't throw Ex at everything alas.
    The pitfalls of being poor. Goes double when you're making incremental upgrades since it's easy to improve on junk, but once you're set up with your shavs and other mandatory good stuff, that's when the real expenses start. Just be thankful you're not a wander. IIRC, you're looking at multiple Ex to get marginal improvements over a Piscator which is ~2c I think.

Astral, ohh that makes sense. It looks like it does up the mana a bit though. Does CWDT remove mana cost?
    Yes, CWDT costs no mana to cast the linked spells, no matter the multiplier.
    Last edited by Drasius; 2018-01-25 at 09:23 AM.

19. - Top - End - #1069

+1 curse does seem to be the most sought after, that's for sure. I was thinking I'd take it little by little, grab a spare, cheaper chayula when available and corrupt it. The curse is probably the best in the long run but there are a couple other things that would be an upgrade I think. Maybe I'll hit the curse ahead of the statistical schedule.

I didn't know about 0 mana on CWDT that's neat. Time to level that immortal call up a bit then.

I usually spam strongboxes on t15 elder maps aiming for the boots. So far nothing. Is there a better way to do it? I have shaped vault sextant blocked but I could use them on any t15 to aim for the strong box mod if that's more helpful.

20. - Top - End - #1070
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

+1 curse does seem to be the most sought after, that's for sure. I was thinking I'd take it little by little, grab a spare, cheaper chayula when available and corrupt it. The curse is probably the best in the long run but there are a couple other things that would be an upgrade I think. Maybe I'll hit the curse ahead of the statistical schedule.

I didn't know about 0 mana on CWDT that's neat. Time to level that immortal call up a bit then.

I usually spam strongboxes on t15 elder maps aiming for the boots. So far nothing. Is there a better way to do it? I have shaped vault sextant blocked but I could use them on any t15 to aim for the strong box mod if that's more helpful.
    And maybe you'll sink 2k Ex into it with nothing to show? There's very, very little in this game that worth crafting on your own instead of just buying. When we're talking about these sort of numbers (ie hundreds of amulets or more) to get your desired corruption then you can be fairly sure that you're not going to be the one that wins the lottery. But hey, you do you, though I'd suggest that the gain you'd get from sinking hundreds of Ex into a slot would be far, far better used on your hat, ring and jewels.

Edit: Only way is to run more maps. Get permanant Elder influence on your favourite high tier map and then run it 'til your eyes bleed. You could theoretically do it with +chest level strongboxes on T13 maps since IIRC you can roll +5 level with just alts which is going to be way cheaper than chaos or alch/scour. Perhaps have a look at what some of the strongbox prophecies cost to try and maximise # of strongboxes per map? Maybe go to the extreme of posting a WTB ad on the forums since Sorc boots aren't meta and many people might not realise how much they're worth just as a base and not bother to put them up for sale?
    Last edited by Drasius; 2018-01-25 at 08:28 PM.

21. - Top - End - #1071

And maybe you'll sink 2k Ex into it with nothing to show? There's very, very little in this game that worth crafting on your own instead of just buying. When we're talking about these sort of numbers (ie hundreds of amulets or more) to get your desired corruption then you can be fairly sure that you're not going to be the one that wins the lottery. But hey, you do you, though I'd suggest that the gain you'd get from sinking hundreds of Ex into a slot would be far, far better used on your hat, ring and jewels.

Edit: Only way is to run more maps. Get permanant Elder influence on your favourite high tier map and then run it 'til your eyes bleed. You could theoretically do it with +chest level strongboxes on T13 maps since IIRC you can roll +5 level with just alts which is going to be way cheaper than chaos or alch/scour. Perhaps have a look at what some of the strongbox prophecies cost to try and maximise # of strongboxes per map? Maybe go to the extreme of posting a WTB ad on the forums since Sorc boots aren't meta and many people might not realise how much they're worth just as a base and not bother to put them up for sale?
    Not looking for that specific enchant. Any of the 3 purities, +1 to max res, level 4 or level 8 clarity and +1 curse would all be improvements over the stats I think. That makes the odds a bit better.

Definitely going to be focusing on helm and ring first, then prob back to upgrading one jewel to a 4 affix. The other can stay as is, probably becomes a watcher's eye, eventually. If I see a cheaper Chayula's on the market I was gonna try and snag it to corrupt but perhaps that's a waste. There's a 10ex one with Purity of Lightning which wouldn't be bad. Open a gem slot for -3% to lightning res. Not too bad.

I've got Elder influence through my red maps at the top left so Sunken City and Reef are pretty common. I've been running those with Astral and we've gotten some decent stuff. If I'm aiming for 86 I think I need +chest but 84 would be fine. I wonder what other items are good with higher than ilevel 84 shaper/elder.

22. - Top - End - #1072
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

I've got Elder influence through my red maps at the top left so Sunken City and Reef are pretty common. I've been running those with Astral and we've gotten some decent stuff. If I'm aiming for 86 I think I need +chest but 84 would be fine. I wonder what other items are good with higher than ilevel 84 shaper/elder.
    http://poeaffix.net/

Have a look through there for what mods can roll on what base. Click the various affixes for an expansion on what tiers can roll at what ilvl. If you're capable of doing red maps, you're capable of figuring out what's good and what's trash for your affixes.

23. - Top - End - #1073

http://poeaffix.net/

Have a look through there for what mods can roll on what base. Click the various affixes for an expansion on what tiers can roll at what ilvl. If you're capable of doing red maps, you're capable of figuring out what's good and what's trash for your affixes.
    I know what's good for me, I meant what's valuable for other builds so I keep an eye out for it.

24. - Top - End - #1074
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

I know what's good for me, I meant what's valuable for other builds so I keep an eye out for it.
    Anything meta. Traps/Mines usually fall here, but GC miners are the hotness, so you can get some pretty silly things. Inc crit is always a winner, Duration isn't terrible, phys taken as [x] is solid, max life is always nice, %phys gained as extra [x] as a stat stick etc. There's not too many variation of high ilvl shaper/elder bases that won't sell, though some off meta stuff like bad ES bases or poor weapon options aren't going to be popular (though you could probably still get a decent amount of chaos because there's always some hipster out there). Literally think of any moderately popular build out there (Molten Strike, Cyclone, ES, BFlurry, BVortex, EK/Lightpoacher, Cremation/DD/VD/BFall poet's pen, Sunder, Reave, GC/Arc mines, GC/FB totems, Freezing Pulse, Frost Blades, RF, RF/SR etc) and if they could use one of the mods on whatever base you just picked up and you should be fine. Worst comes to worst, spend 5 seconds checking poetrade and see what the base is worth once you've found your high level shaper/elder base before you vendor it.

- Does it involve getting extra life? Winner.
    - Does it involve getting extra damage? Winner.
    Those are the 2 main criteria. While crap like increased rarity is junk, if the base can roll + crit chance or multi, the base will be worth something to someone.

25. - Top - End - #1075

NecromancerGuy

Had an unexpected free morning, so I decided to make some progress on my atlas. I'm up to 154/157 maps completed with the bonus objective done.

Still Missing: Vaal Temple (16), Twilight Temple (9) and Shaper's Realm.

Edit: Thanks Meta
    Last edited by Astral Avenger; 2018-02-06 at 01:04 PM.
    Long-form Sig

26. - Top - End - #1076

I've got some of those maps, I'll hold on to them.

Took my first shot at the Elder on T7. Found the fight pretty easy. None of his attacks were particularly dangerous, though the expanding nova one is kinda strange. Dropped a crappy watcher's eye, but cyclopean coil is a cool item. Did it again on T10 and some were starting to hurt but still did it deathless. His minions seem to do virtually 0 damage with their attacks. Got the bow this time, which seems like a really cool item to build around, especially for a raider.

27. - Top - End - #1077

NecromancerGuy

I've been looking for something to do with my ranger that was sitting in standard with a total passive reset available and finally found something to try.

Went with a queen of the forest - ngahmu's flame cyclone pathfinder. (https://pastebin.com/K8jpaAXY) (Don't worry, I remembered to double check bandit choice this time, 2pts)

It's just a hair over 4k hp, but I pulled everything on it out of my stash, so without having invested any currency into it yet, I'm pretty happy with it. I'm at about 16k evasion & 87% ms without flasks, 45k evasion and 237% ms with. Never have I tried to control a character running this fast before.

Potentially could swap boots/belt in for rares, which could either overcap my resists or let me swap out rings for more damage. Either way would let me get more life.

It's been a fun build while I've been messing around with it today, hopefully I'll still like it tomorrow
    Long-form Sig

28. - Top - End - #1078
    Troll in the Playground

Hey y'all, picked this game back up a few days ago.

My only high level char used is a Templar following a guide I once found (lazy Pally, inquisitor with max block, currently in the process of stacking crit too). Luckily it still works, after a bit of switching around.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/...man/characters

Few questions:
    - my main weapon is a Doryani's catalyst, as per standard. However, I also found that I own a very strong 404pdps 1h axe. It gives me very slightly higher DPS, so I'm using it, but I'd much rather sell it, go back to my catalyst, and spend the money elsewhere.
    I've asked people (and poetrade) and they've told me the axe is worth up to 8 exalts, I priced it at 7 in my shop. Does it sound like a reasonable price? (Standard)

- what are my next logical improvements? I probably need a new left ring, afterwards...
    It's apparently impossible to upgrade from a Doryani's catalyst without spending infinite money, so what else?
    What I'm trying to understand is what piece of equipment I can upgrade for the least cost. I suppose I should try getting boots and gloves with more Armour?

- any generic tips? My damage feel pretty good (been up to t8 maps, can quickly clear through everything) but my survivability is lacking, I die a bit too often.
    Quote Originally Posted by actual quote from this forum
    So yeah. your wrong.
    Check out Camp Archimedes, a (slightly homebrew) mercenary camp full of interesting units. A great addition to any campaign (in my very biased opinion)

29. - Top - End - #1079

Quote Originally Posted by Gandariel View Post
    Hey y'all, picked this game back up a few days ago.

My only high level char used is a Templar following a guide I once found (lazy Pally, inquisitor with max block, currently in the process of stacking crit too). Luckily it still works, after a bit of switching around.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/...man/characters

Few questions:
    - my main weapon is a Doryani's catalyst, as per standard. However, I also found that I own a very strong 404pdps 1h axe. It gives me very slightly higher DPS, so I'm using it, but I'd much rather sell it, go back to my catalyst, and spend the money elsewhere.
    I've asked people (and poetrade) and they've told me the axe is worth up to 8 exalts, I priced it at 7 in my shop. Does it sound like a reasonable price? (Standard)

- what are my next logical improvements? I probably need a new left ring, afterwards...
    It's apparently impossible to upgrade from a Doryani's catalyst without spending infinite money, so what else?
    What I'm trying to understand is what piece of equipment I can upgrade for the least cost. I suppose I should try getting boots and gloves with more Armour?

- any generic tips? My damage feel pretty good (been up to t8 maps, can quickly clear through everything) but my survivability is lacking, I die a bit too often.
    I believe your shield is a legacy version, and a better one is available now. They upped the max life on it. Any particular reason you're using that shield in particular to begin with? It seems a little underwhelming to me without the inherent block chance, but perhaps I misunderstand the interaction. Either way it looks like it doesn't have an implicit. Try and corrupt a better version for something useful.

Are your elemental resistances capped at 75%? That would help a lot. Taking more nodes in the area around Constitution when you level would also be helpful.

I'm terrible at pricing attacking weapons but it does seem like there are some good rolls on there. If it doesn't sell in a couple weeks drop it to 6 ex maybe and go from there.

Ring is definitely a weak spot, it shouldn't be hard to find a good one with elemental attack skill % increase plus better stats than that one has. I might even have one in stash, I can check. I'm iNuzzle on steam and in PoE, character name is FuzzyNuzzy.

30. - Top - End - #1080
    Troll in the Playground

Resistances are definitely capped.
    IIRC i have 85ish in Fire and Lightning, and 100-110 in Cold.
    I could decrease my cold res, but that requires a LOT of equip shuffling.

I'll also look into finding the buffed version of my shield and Vaal it if it's cheap enough (or find a vaal'd one).

Also, regarding shield, is there any particular shield I could use over mine? I use this one because it has a mountain of Armour and I have those passive nodes that increase it, so I liked it.

My ring is what it is because a guy told me my crit chance and accuracy were very low, so I bought those two rings to fix the issue. They were pretty cheap.
    Last edited by Gandariel; 2018-02-12 at 10:40 AM.