New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 31 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #901
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Default Re: Path of Exile 3.0 (the other Diablo clone)

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Alright thank you, i guess it is not worth using that gem in minion setups then.

On a side note, are there ways to increase the chance of getting a specific map i want to run?
    Depends on which minions. For SRS, most golems or (certain) Spectres, no. For skellies or zombies, it can be a monstrous boost if you're not already running hatred.

Other than buying maps? If you're not trading, you can still check Zana and refresh her inventory by doing her daily mission. The higher her level, the higher tier maps she'll offer too, but only up to a point. There's shaping your atlas which basically means finishing only the maps you want to run as only maps you've previously done (Zana's maps from dailies or missions don't count) or are connected/adjacent to the map you're running on the actual atlas map can drop in a map (though any of the lvl 1 maps can always drop, no matter what). There's also shapers orbs (which is different to shaping the atlas) which bump a map up by 5 tiers (and IIRC, lock out certain adjacency options). Beyond that, no, not that I'm aware of.

2. - Top - End - #902
    Titan in the Playground

Im currently experimenting with what skills i want to use my mana reserve on, it might end up being hatred, though right now its focused on stuff to keep me alive. But i also got grip of the council, so i were mainly trying to figure out if it would cost me the 20% added cold damage.

And thanks a lot, it was a good point about only finishing maps connected, or leading towards the ones i want to run. Now i can at least limit the spawn pool.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

3. - Top - End - #903
    Ogre in the Playground

Finally found the last Map-trial (ended up buying two Dream Trial prophecies), should I, as an level 86 Gladiator with 4.4k Life/ES, capped resistances, 17k Armour and max block (with anvil) be able to do it without major issues?

4. - Top - End - #904
    Titan in the Playground

How big is it now the drop penalty from being to high level is?
    Thinking about running areas instead of maps for the divination cards i need.

5. - Top - End - #905
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Sian View Post
    Finally found the last Map-trial (ended up buying two Dream Trial prophecies), should I, as an level 86 Gladiator with 4.4k Life/ES, capped resistances, 17k Armour and max block (with anvil) be able to do it without major issues?
    Unless something goes very wrong, you should be fine. I'm a level 85 Berserker with capped resists, about 4.6k life and minimal armor/evasion and I only ever die to izaro if i mess up and let him get a bunch of charges in a disruptor stage or lag badly. If you're not sure if you can take the hits from uber izaro, find argus in merciless and let it get a couple hits.
    Long-form Sig

6. - Top - End - #906
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

I wouldn't be comfortable as any crit will probably drop you, and not blocking 3 times in a row will very possibly see you back in town as well but unless you're HC, you should have at least 6 offerings, so give it a whirl, what's the worst that can happen?

As mentioned by Astral Avenger, probably pick a day without charge disruptors since I can't imagine you've got good damage output with the sacrifices made for block/armour since izzy with full charges is a terror. If you don't already know how to check, go here --> http://www.poelab.com/ for a fantastic lab resource that shows you the layout, best path, hidden areas and trap types and trials for each difficulty, usually updated within a few minutes of a reset every day.

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    How big is it now the drop penalty from being to high level is?
    Thinking about running areas instead of maps for the divination cards i need.
    Depends on how far you're over the area. It caps out at lvl 68 anyway, but basically, once you're more than 2 levels over the area, it's 2.5% per level difference (beyond the first 2). For example;
    - if you're lvl 40 in a lvl 38 zone, no penalty
    - if you're lvl 41 in a lvl 38 zone, -2.5%
    - if you're lvl 48 in a lvl 38 zone, -20%
    - if you're lvl 99 in a lvl 68 zone, no penalty
    - if you're lvl 99 in a lvl 38 zone, -70%

7. - Top - End - #907
    Titan in the Playground

Alright thank you for the information Dracius.
    Hmm.. im about level 74 now, so its at least some 20 levels above. But on the other hand that should make it possible to rush though the zone extremely fast.
    If nothing else it might be worth the efford to at least try and run both locations a couple times, and see if its more effective than trying to fish for the the maps i want.

8. - Top - End - #908
    Dwarf in the Playground

Which div card are you looking for?
    For a large majority of them, trying to farm them is extremely inefficient, unless you are playing self found.
    You'll end up with 10x more currency needed to buy the item, before you finish the set.

9. - Top - End - #909
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Astral Avenger View Post
    find argus in merciless and let it get a couple hits.
    facetanking him, with little to no problem

10. - Top - End - #910
    Ettin in the Playground

Woot, Uber Lab has been beaten! Lag was a wee bit better tonight, and Izaro's final room didn't have flames surrounding everything, so when he teleported me across the room, even though I lagged for a second or two, I was still alive when I came back. After that I quickly finished him off :). First time I've ever managed to beat Uber lab by myself, so I'm pretty stoked over this win!

Sadly, even with the double enchantment prophecy that I got shortly before I went in(randomly got it, didn't buy it), I didn't get a useful enchantment. Dont' remember the first, but the 2nd was 30% Increased Fire Trap cooldown(or recovery, whatever) time. Seems...not terribly valuable, even on a 98 life, tri-res helm, so I'll just stick with it until I work up the nerve to go into Uber lab again and try for a Frost Blades enchantment.
    Last edited by Starwulf; 2017-10-13 at 03:32 AM.

11. - Top - End - #911
    Titan in the Playground

Which div card are you looking for?
    For a large majority of them, trying to farm them is extremely inefficient, unless you are playing self found.
    You'll end up with 10x more currency needed to buy the item, before you finish the set.
    Im trying to get Death for the fancy summoner weapon, and The Gentleman for the chance of a good randomly unique sword to give my Animated Guardian.
    But i am playing self found though, so it has to be the inefficient solution of finding them all myself.

12. - Top - End - #912
    Ogre in the Playground

pff ... from 3 Silver Doors and 4 Gauntlet/Puzzles, I gain three chests of Blacksmith/Armourers and three chests of assorted currency
    Last edited by Sian; 2017-10-13 at 05:22 AM.

13. - Top - End - #913
    Ettin in the Playground

pff ... from 3 Silver Doors and 4 Gauntlet/Puzzles, I gain three chests of Blacksmith/Armourers and three chests of assorted currency
    I don't even bother with that stuff anymore, my luck is so abysmal it's just not worth it. I try to find darkshrines on my way, but I don't even go out of my way to find those, don't really need them with my damage output(very close to 100k tooltip). It would be nice to have more treasure key's, I got lucky and got the currency one last night, and it dropped 4 regret orbs, 2 chaos, 2 scouring, 1 fusing, several chance and alch's and a buttload of alt/aug/trans orbs. Plus, trying to find that kind of stuff gives my lag more of a chance to totally screw me over, so I just try to get to Izaro as fast as possible.
    Last edited by Starwulf; 2017-10-13 at 05:49 AM.

14. - Top - End - #914

I tried playing around with Esh's Visage. I didn't know that mana reserved counted against whether you were in low life or low mana. Whoops.

I could rig something up with spreading my auras/curses around in blood magic, but at that point I think linking things in to bloodmagic enough that I'm constantly on low life for Pain Attunement and wearing a Shav's sounds better.

I understand why that shield is as cheap as it was now at least.
    Szilard has all of those sweet trophies for a reason. Awesome avatar is his handiwork.

15. - Top - End - #915
    Ettin in the Playground

Wow, this thread died out almost entirely, lol. Guess it is getting pretty late into the league at this point.

Anyways, cool news, I have officially broken the 100k tooltip mark. Got a 40% Frost Blades damage Enchanted helm today. Lost a tiny bit of life, but actually gained quite a bit of resistances(which is nice, it'll let me lose them elsewhere now, lol), and of course, the damage gained which was nice, though not as much as I was hoping for. Still, never had a character with this high of a dps, so it's a major milestone for me in this game!

16. - Top - End - #916

Gratz on the benchmark! I doubt I ever get close to that.

People are just done playing for this league perhaps? I think maybe I'm on the wrong timezone as I never see anyone but sian or astral on to even get an invite to the guild.
    Szilard has all of those sweet trophies for a reason. Awesome avatar is his handiwork.

17. - Top - End - #917
    Bugbear in the Playground

... are you in Australia's time zone ?

18. - Top - End - #918

Quote Originally Posted by N810 View Post
    ... are you in Australia's time zone ?
    US East. You?

19. - Top - End - #919

likewise,
    I to am over here on the east coast.

20. - Top - End - #920
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Meta View Post
    Gratz on the benchmark! I doubt I ever get close to that.

People are just done playing for this league perhaps? I think maybe I'm on the wrong timezone as I never see anyone but sian or astral on to even get an invite to the guild.
    I know for myself that while I'm in U.S. East timezone, I only play late at night, like 2a.m. till 7a.m. I don't think I've seen anyone besides Tome on PoE, and that was only a few times.

21. - Top - End - #921
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Meta View Post
    People are just done playing for this league perhaps?
    Well, for what it's worth I'm feeling pretty much done, having done Über Lab and Atziri a couple of times ... sure, I could climb a bit higher in map difficulty, but I feel like the drop rate of new maps (as in, higher rating that I haven't done before) is bottlenecking me
    Last edited by Sian; 2017-10-21 at 04:39 PM.

22. - Top - End - #922
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, for what it's worth I'm feeling pretty much done, having done Über Lab and Atziri a couple of times ... sure, I could climb a bit higher in map difficulty, but I feel like the drop rate of new maps (as in, higher rating that I haven't done before) is bottlenecking me
    How much of the Atlas have you completed? I'm sitting at roughly 85%, made a major push a few days ago to get that far and I've noticed a significant upswing on the drop rate of new maps. Got 4 t14 maps when I did a t13 one last night which was great, then got 3 more t14's when I did one of the t14's.

On another topic, has anyone here ever chanced a unique? I've been chancing items for as long as I can remember, and I've never managed to do so. Took 178 leather maps + 15 scouring orbs into a Zana nemesis mod map last night and didn't even get a wurmmolt, which is pretty frustrating, I would honestly take a crappy unique at this point, just want to be able to say I've chanced a unique.
    Last edited by Starwulf; 2017-10-21 at 05:29 PM.

23. - Top - End - #923
    Pixie in the Playground

New Diablo season starts and new PoE season, I do not know how to play yet in D3, PoE is better than Diablo

24. - Top - End - #924

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Starwulf View Post
    How much of the Atlas have you completed? I'm sitting at roughly 85%, made a major push a few days ago to get that far and I've noticed a significant upswing on the drop rate of new maps. Got 4 t14 maps when I did a t13 one last night which was great, then got 3 more t14's when I did one of the t14's.

On another topic, has anyone here ever chanced a unique? I've been chancing items for as long as I can remember, and I've never managed to do so. Took 178 leather maps + 15 scouring orbs into a Zana nemesis mod map last night and didn't even get a wurmmolt, which is pretty frustrating, I would honestly take a crappy unique at this point, just want to be able to say I've chanced a unique.
    Never chanced a unique item, but I've gotten two unique strong boxes out of chanceing. I only ever chance strong boxes if I found the chance earlier in the map.

I think i have my atlas at 102%, the drop rate of higher tier maps definitely goes up as you get it near 100. My hearldbomber with bisco's leash & collar will usually see 2-4 higher tier maps. Unfortunately it can only handle up to tier 8 ish maps and can only kill bosses up to tier 3 or 4 depending on the map's mods are.
    Long-form Sig

25. - Top - End - #925
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Starwulf View Post
    How much of the Atlas have you completed?
    somwhere around 70 I think? As long as the map doesn't have lessArmor/Block, Reflect Physical or decreased/nonexistent regen, I don't have much of a problem dealing with either regular 'trash' or bosses, as long as the boss doesn't have a mechanic that I'm not used to (Burial Chambers being a notable exception) and is sitting at t8-t10
    Last edited by Sian; 2017-10-23 at 01:43 AM.

26. - Top - End - #926
    Ettin in the Playground

somwhere around 70 I think? As long as the map doesn't have lessArmor/Block, Reflect Physical or decreased/nonexistent regen, I don't have much of a problem dealing with either regular 'trash' or bosses, as long as the boss doesn't have a mechanic that I'm not used to (Burial Chambers being a notable exception) and is sitting at t8-t10
    I'm having a similar, but not quite, issue. My character is strong enough to clear t14's, maybe even higher, but my lag causes me to die over and over again, making running those maps not as worth it. I can survive lagging for 2-4 seconds in t10 and lower maps, but when I lag that long in anything higher, I come back dead, which basically makes the entire map a wash in terms of exp gained, and that's IF I don't die again.

Just a month or less to go though, actually I think I'll email that new company again, see if they can give me a more concrete date, they did say mid-november, maybe earlier, so it's possible they might be ready soon.

I'm honestly almost done with this league, just because of the lag. Once I get the new internet(assuming it's better of course), I predict my next league will go much, much more smoothly, and be much more fun/relaxing over-all. Might even re-do this character, just to let it have the proper time in the sun it should have.

27. - Top - End - #927

GGG released their own trading website: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2025871

I'll probably give it a shot. Got a few more pick ups before I try my hand at crafting.

28. - Top - End - #928
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I know this question is from a more casual player than most of you seem to be, but here goes.

I almost have a full set of "The Fox" cards. Does anyone know how the trade for a 20% gem goes?

Is it:

A random gem at 20%?

One of your gems is randomly upped to 20%?

You select the gem to go to 20%?

Thanks
    Last edited by tomandtish; 2017-11-15 at 01:31 PM.
    "That's a horrible idea! What time?"

T-Shirt given to me by a good friend.. "in fairness, I was unsupervised at the time".

29. - Top - End - #929

I believe you get a random one.
    that's how it worked when I traded in for armor cards.
    Last edited by N810; 2017-11-15 at 01:49 PM.

30. - Top - End - #930
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tomandtish View Post
    I know this question is from a more casual player than most of you seem to be, but here goes.

I almost have a full set of "The Fox" cards. Does anyone know how the trade for a 20% gem goes?

Is it:

A random gem at 20%?

One of your gems is randomly upped to 20%?

You select the gem to go to 20%?

Thanks
    First option. All the "get a random X" divination cards work this way. Chat to Tasuni in Highgate, drop the stack of cards into the window that opens and pick up whatever the cards turn into.

Welp. I'm back to this thread. I felt a bit burned out after not killing Shaper a bunch of times and went to play other stuff instead of bankrolling a new character for the purpose of murdering Squid-face. But that's in the past. It's getting close to 3.1 and the new league and so I'm back in the mood for some PoE. I've never had such a long-lasting on-and-off-again relationship with a game. I usually play games rather single-mindedly for however long and then abandon them, so it's really quite a curious thing. Gotta hand it to GGG, even though I burn out and get bored of PoE every league, the combination of good core gameplay, consistent QoL improvements, and meta shake-ups means I know the game will feel fresh enough when I get back to it.

Looking back Harbinger league was the best league in terms of progression I've ever had. Not best in terms of fun (that crown belongs to Breach league), but certainly best in terms of both content cleared and overall wealth amassed. I'm proudest of defeating all the Guardians, but completing a Hall of the Grandmasters with a generalist build like Sunder Gladiator is a pretty nice feather in my cap as well. That pretty much just leaves Shaper, Uber Atziri, Vinktar's on the bucket list. Dunno if I'll scratch any of those off next league though. I'm getting an itch to play Flicker Strike...
    Last edited by SlyGuyMcFly; 2017-11-15 at 05:34 PM.
    Truth resists simplicity.