Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 120 of 1492
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Path of Exile 3.0 (the other Diablo clone)

    I'm definitely playing a LOT slower with leaguestones on, I'm basically full clearing while leveling which is highly inefficient. I have 7 hours played and only now got to Cruel but I should be mapping. Everything's still fun, though, so I'm not really concerned.
    Yeah, I just thought about this while playing today. You really have an incentive to actually explore thoroughly, but I kind of like that. There's no way I'm leaving an area with a Perandus Cache undiscovered, for example.

  2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Grytorm's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010

    Default Re: Path of Exile 3.0 (the other Diablo clone)

    I feel compelled to explore everything. And then I end up going back because not everywhere has a warp point.

  3. - Top - End - #93
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Starwulf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Western Maryland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Path of Exile 3.0 (the other Diablo clone)

    Quote Originally Posted by Corlindale View Post
    Yeah, I just thought about this while playing today. You really have an incentive to actually explore thoroughly, but I kind of like that. There's no way I'm leaving an area with a Perandus Cache undiscovered, for example.
    There's an easy way around that, download POEHud. It shows everything that's in a map that's not normally there(masters, strongboxes, special monsters, etc). Quite the useful tool.
    Avatar is Chaos Devil Dragon from Puzzle & Dragons!

  4. - Top - End - #94
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Siosilvar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    USA
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Path of Exile 3.0 (the other Diablo clone)

    That's not the concern. With leaguestones, you know exactly what's in the map, and don't need to break the terms of service to do it. It's just a matter of feeling pressured to full clear because we know it's there and don't want to leave anything behind.
    Last edited by Siosilvar; 2017-03-07 at 01:26 AM.
    she/her/her(s)

    Omnia Vincit Amor

  5. - Top - End - #95
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2014

    Default Re: Path of Exile 3.0 (the other Diablo clone)

    Quote Originally Posted by Starwulf View Post
    There's an easy way around that, download POEHud. It shows everything that's in a map that's not normally there(masters, strongboxes, special monsters, etc). Quite the useful tool.
    I'm like 99% sure that POEHud is against POE's ToS.
    Albeit, it doesn't look like people get caught using it, but it still isn't allowed.

  6. - Top - End - #96
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Starwulf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Western Maryland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Path of Exile 3.0 (the other Diablo clone)

    Quote Originally Posted by sleepy hedgehog View Post
    I'm like 99% sure that POEHud is against POE's ToS.
    Albeit, it doesn't look like people get caught using it, but it still isn't allowed.
    Ehh, I was just offering a solution to people feeling pressured to full clear a map so they don't leave something behind. With POEHud you know where it's at. I know quite a few people that have been using it for quite a while and nothing's happened to them. It may be against POE ToS, but it's such a minor offense I doubt they'll ever go after someone, unless that person is committing a larger offense. I wouldn't have suggested it if was like a bot or something(I'm totally against those, but I've used maphacks in about 80% of all aRPG's I've ever played, because wandering around a map totally blind is far too irritating to bear.).
    Last edited by Starwulf; 2017-03-07 at 01:44 AM.
    Avatar is Chaos Devil Dragon from Puzzle & Dragons!

  7. - Top - End - #97
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Path of Exile 3.0 (the other Diablo clone)

    As others have said, I really did not mean my comment as a complaint against the leaguestone system. I like the pressure to full clear areas. Despite how much I've played PoE in recent years, I actually find myself travelling to corners of maps that I've never really visited before, because I often just beelined objectives.

    The only time I found it a little bit annoying was when I forgot to take out my leaguestones when I merely wanted to pop quickly into Solaris level 2 to hand in quests and inadvertently triggered all the modifiers in there.

  8. - Top - End - #98
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Siosilvar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    USA
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Path of Exile 3.0 (the other Diablo clone)

    Rolled a 25% damage jewel and slammed 5% cast speed on it with my one and only regal, notbad.jpg.
    edit: Dropped another regal, immediately used it to make a life + tri res jewel. Damn I'm lucky with these.

    I also have a level 37 required white 5-link staff if anybody is taking the league as slow as I am and doesn't have a 5-link yet. 4 red 1 blue. Free to anybody in Legacy softcore who wants it.
    Last edited by Siosilvar; 2017-03-11 at 03:16 PM.
    she/her/her(s)

    Omnia Vincit Amor

  9. - Top - End - #99
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Starwulf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Western Maryland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Path of Exile 3.0 (the other Diablo clone)

    Quote Originally Posted by Siosilvar View Post
    Rolled a 25% damage jewel and slammed 5% cast speed on it with my one and only regal, notbad.jpg.
    edit: Dropped another regal, immediately used it to make a life + tri res jewel. Damn I'm lucky with these.

    I also have a level 37 required white 5-link staff if anybody is taking the league as slow as I am and doesn't have a 5-link yet. 4 red 1 blue. Free to anybody in Legacy softcore who wants it.
    I'm going to guess you mean you rolled a 16% Physical damage jewel with a secondary mod of X% weapon damage, since a phys dmg % can't roll higher then 16%. Hehe, kinda confused me at first, I was like "wow, did they really change jewels THAT much this season?!" Had to go check poe.trade to find out for sure ^^ Still, pretty nice :) Now time to exalt it, lol!
    Avatar is Chaos Devil Dragon from Puzzle & Dragons!

  10. - Top - End - #100
    Troll in the Playground
     
    SlyGuyMcFly's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The cyberpunk present
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Path of Exile 3.0 (the other Diablo clone)

    I continue to level little Miss I-don't-even-know-what-build-I-am. Mostly, I'm just specced for evasion, life and acrobatics. I've picked up some easy cold damage nodes here and there and use Ice Shot and Frost Blades, depending on what the RNG has gifted me most recently. It's actually working out OK so far, and there's some nostalgic pleasure this somewhat ramshackle levelling process. Fitting, given the theme of Legacy League. I've been playing SSSF (Sorta Solo Self Found) and taking my time to clear areas and enjoy the sights and sounds. Speaking of which, I installed an SSD and woah. All those little lag spikes I'd get when fighting bosses and opening boxes are just gone. Even against Malachai and in Breaches! I can appreciate these fights so much better now.

    But back to the build. Thing is, I just got an Exalted Orb drop. At level 52. On my first character of the League. This would be big money if I was farming maps at level 85. At this point it's bonkers money and has got me thinking what to do with this character. I can afford to build something a darn bit more expensive than a generic Ice Shot Raider, after all! But what?
    Truth resists simplicity.

  11. - Top - End - #101
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Siosilvar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    USA
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Path of Exile 3.0 (the other Diablo clone)

    Quote Originally Posted by Starwulf View Post
    I'm going to guess you mean you rolled a 16% Physical damage jewel with a secondary mod of X% weapon damage, since a phys dmg % can't roll higher then 16%. Hehe, kinda confused me at first, I was like "wow, did they really change jewels THAT much this season?!" Had to go check poe.trade to find out for sure ^^ Still, pretty nice :) Now time to exalt it, lol!
    14 light and 11 spell, but yeah basically.

    Second jewel is 5 life 14 cold res and 11 fire/light res.

    Quote Originally Posted by SlyGuyMcFly View Post
    But back to the build. Thing is, I just got an Exalted Orb drop. At level 52. On my first character of the League. This would be big money if I was farming maps at level 85. At this point it's bonkers money and has got me thinking what to do with this character. I can afford to build something a darn bit more expensive than a generic Ice Shot Raider, after all! But what?
    Sell it for 64 chaos, find another 10c, buy Death's Opus?

    You could also just buy the prophecy for 70c and hope you get a high roll.
    Last edited by Siosilvar; 2017-03-12 at 11:47 PM.
    she/her/her(s)

    Omnia Vincit Amor

  12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Grytorm's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010

    Default Re: Path of Exile 3.0 (the other Diablo clone)

    Well, I got the update done this weekend and hit about level 23. Decided to kill the bandits because skill points seem useful, but if I had to choose I would have taken the Elemental resistance guy because he seems to be the guy who scales best. And I think I liked him more than Oak.

    Skills are going well, got skills. Got Deadly Draw and one or two points from Heavy draw. From there I am going to go back and pick up some easy to reach passives, Heart of Oak, Ballistic Mastery, Aspect of the Eagle. Maybe Aspect of the Lynx. Then start heading down towards the health wheel and the amazing evasion passive next to the flask things. Eventually pick up Jewell slots when I find some. Then go for bunches of stuff, maybe Iron Grip when I am at like level 80 or whatever.

    Items wise I have no idea what is really important. I mean I got some of the essence things which allowed me to build a bow with 22-56 physical base damage and a quiver which boosts elemental damage. Upgraded a few other things. Finally got some good mods on a body armor I put armor scraps into, 23% increased Evasion seems good for my build. And, added a cold damage support to rain of arrows, remembered I had barage, got a dual elemental resistence ring with some attack speed and health, and thinking about switching from a Gold amulet to one of the double attribute amulets, don't know which one I would want though. Maybe the Strength Intelligence one just to shore up my abysmal secondary stats.

    Ooh, I also found a unique, but it isn't really any good for me. Just a shield which did stuff.

    Skills, the same, split Caustic Shot, split Burning Arrow, Split shot. Occasionally rain of arrows and Shrapnel shot. Going to try Barrage from the middle mouse button. Also, I occasionally blink places.

    Edit: Sorry, but I am done babbling for now.
    Last edited by Grytorm; 2017-03-13 at 12:17 AM.

  13. - Top - End - #103
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Starwulf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Western Maryland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Path of Exile 3.0 (the other Diablo clone)

    Quote Originally Posted by Siosilvar View Post
    14 light and 11 spell, but yeah basically.

    Second jewel is 5 life 14 cold res and 11 fire/light res.



    Sell it for 64 chaos, find another 10c, buy Death's Opus?

    You could also just buy the prophecy for 70c and hope you get a high roll.
    Wow, my buddy had told me that Death's Opus was now a much more wanted bow, but to think it's more then sextupled in price from last season!!! I remember when I first looked into the Nightswane prophecy, and saw that the bow sold for 10c when it was upgraded, I was like "Hey, that's actually worth doing!". Now it's worth 70c....nuts!

    Soon I'll be able to play, just waiting until tomorrow night when my cap resets so I can download the patch. Since I'm so far behind, Imma have to play like my buddy and go straight to objectives and not waste time. Should hit level 70 within 2 nights doing that.
    Avatar is Chaos Devil Dragon from Puzzle & Dragons!

  14. - Top - End - #104
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Siosilvar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    USA
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Path of Exile 3.0 (the other Diablo clone)

    Quote Originally Posted by Grytorm View Post
    Well, I got the update done this weekend and hit about level 23. Decided to kill the bandits because skill points seem useful, but if I had to choose I would have taken the Elemental resistance guy because he seems to be the guy who scales best. And I think I liked him more than Oak.
    Ironically, Kraityn actually scales the worst, because resists have a cap that's relatively simple to hit with gear. Oak and the passive point are the two best choices, since 40 life is ~60-80 life after multipliers and a passive point is a passive point.

    Sounds like you're doing pretty well besides.


    Basic priorities for gear:
    Whatever uniques you like using, but not so many that you lose out on your other stats.

    Flasks -> 1-2 health flasks, a mana flask if you need it, a quicksilver or two if you remember to use them, whatever other ones you want (I'm a fan of a Bismuth until my resists are high enough, then Basalt, Stibnite, and Jade). Roll one to remove bleed, one to remove freeze, an instant health flask as an "OH ****" button, the rest of the mods are up to you. Removing ignite and shock is also pretty good, but not essential.
    Weapon -> maximum DPS.

    Boots -> move speed and resists.

    Armor slots -> survivability. Health (or energy shield if you're doing an ES-based character) > resists > armor and evasion. Gloves can have the highest attack speed increase of any item, so if you can get enough defense from other slots then those are pretty good.

    Accessories (rings, amulet, belt, quiver) -> fill out any resists you need, get as much health as possible, then go for damage stats. Flask stats are both damage and survivability, they're pretty damn good.

    Quote Originally Posted by Starwulf View Post
    Wow, my buddy had told me that Death's Opus was now a much more wanted bow, but to think it's more then sextupled in price from last season!!! I remember when I first looked into the Nightswane prophecy, and saw that the bow sold for 10c when it was upgraded, I was like "Hey, that's actually worth doing!". Now it's worth 70c....nuts!

    Soon I'll be able to play, just waiting until tomorrow night when my cap resets so I can download the patch. Since I'm so far behind, Imma have to play like my buddy and go straight to objectives and not waste time. Should hit level 70 within 2 nights doing that.
    Between the AoE nerfs and Reach of the Council nerf, Death's Opus is now the strongest bow and everybody's playing projectile builds. So... yeah, huge price spike.
    Last edited by Siosilvar; 2017-03-13 at 02:15 PM.
    she/her/her(s)

    Omnia Vincit Amor

  15. - Top - End - #105
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    N810's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Defeated Dagon
    Gender
    Male

    confused Re: Path of Exile 3.0 (the other Diablo clone)

    Have you noticed that the higher difficulties now have a negative resistance modifier on them.
    (- fire -cold - lightning & -chaos resistance %)

    Example I had a character with +60 cold resist,
    travel to merciless level, now I have like -10 cold resist. :(

  16. - Top - End - #106
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Siosilvar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    USA
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Path of Exile 3.0 (the other Diablo clone)

    "Now"? That's been there since closed beta. Cruel is -20 all res, Ruthless was -40 all res, Merciless is -60 all res. I hear it's getting replaced with two story events for -30 each.

    Hell, it's been there since before PoE existed, because it was in Diablo II: -20/-50 resists in Nightmare/Hell that was doubled in Lord of Destruction.
    Last edited by Siosilvar; 2017-03-13 at 04:27 PM.
    she/her/her(s)

    Omnia Vincit Amor

  17. - Top - End - #107
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Path of Exile 3.0 (the other Diablo clone)

    My LA Ranger is doing fairly well, though I don't find good bow upgrades as often as I'd like. Lightning Arrow + GMP + Chain is still such an interesting combo, I think. The bigger the crowd of enemies you fire it into, the more damage it does to each target, because of the way Chain and LA interact. It barely tickles single enemies, but it murders Breaches, strongboxes and the like (I use Shrapnel Shot to deal with single targets instead).

    I'm starting to die a bit too often, though, so I need to focus a bit more on defense (doing Evasion/Acrobatics/Life). Maybe I should start running Blasphemy: Temporal Chains on top of Grace.

  18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Grytorm's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010

    Default Re: Path of Exile 3.0 (the other Diablo clone)

    Reducing elemental resistances seems like a decent way to keep them scaling but not make them silly.

    Is there a hard level cap or just sufficient diminishing returns?

    Also, how does Chaos Innoculation and Blood Magic interact? And how do Chaos Innoculation and mana reservation interact?

  19. - Top - End - #109
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Siosilvar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    USA
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Path of Exile 3.0 (the other Diablo clone)

    Quote Originally Posted by Grytorm View Post
    Is there a hard level cap or just sufficient diminishing returns?

    Also, how does Chaos Innoculation and Blood Magic interact? And how do Chaos Innoculation and mana reservation interact?
    Level is hard capped at 100, soft capped at 95, and monster XP is reduced if it's too far below your level (which will always be the case at level 86 and up).

    Taking both CI and Blood Magic makes you unable to use skills with a mana cost, since you have 1 life but you're not allowed to kill yourself with Blood Magic.

    CI and mana reservation don't interact with each other at all. Blood Magic makes things reserve part of your life instead. Eldritch Battery lets you reserve all your mana and still cast from energy shield.
    she/her/her(s)

    Omnia Vincit Amor

  20. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Grytorm's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010

    Default Re: Path of Exile 3.0 (the other Diablo clone)

    I meant Chaos Inoculation, Blood Magic and the reserve, given that it is a percentage, it seems like you should either not be able to do it, or have all the reserves active.

  21. - Top - End - #111
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Path of Exile 3.0 (the other Diablo clone)

    Quote Originally Posted by Grytorm View Post
    I meant Chaos Inoculation, Blood Magic and the reserve, given that it is a percentage, it seems like you should either not be able to do it, or have all the reserves active.
    Reserved+Blood Magic+CI= Can't activate Auras.

  22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    OldWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Australia

    Default Re: Path of Exile 3.0 (the other Diablo clone)

    Came back to this after ages away (the Vaal expansion had just come out when I stopped previously just after act 2) and while a lot of stuff has changed, the vast majority is still the same. Have been hooked lately and started a few builds but my favourite it a crit arc witch. Clear speed is mental though survivability leaves a lot to be desired against anything that doesn't get vapourised, Resists are trash (~30 in Cruel) and so is ES (~500) while life is middling at best (~800). Haven't done normal lab yet despite being lvl ~50 so I might take a trip there, but I have a couple of other characters all clamouring for their time in the sun.

  23. - Top - End - #113
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    N810's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Defeated Dagon
    Gender
    Male

    d6 Re: Path of Exile 3.0 (the other Diablo clone)

    Finishing a labyrinth run will net you a useful subclass and some unique abilities, also you get an additional mod to a piece of equipment, and lots of rare loot.

    Ps. you might want to get some sort of movement gem if you don't have one, either that or a speed flask. This will help with the traps.
    Last edited by N810; 2017-03-30 at 08:58 AM.

  24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    OldWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Australia

    Default Re: Path of Exile 3.0 (the other Diablo clone)

    Quote Originally Posted by N810 View Post
    Finishing a labyrinth run will net you a useful subclass and some unique abilities, also you get an additional mod to a piece of equipment, and lots of rare loot.

    Ps. you might want to get some sort of movement gem if you don't have one, either that or a speed flask. This will help with the traps.
    Yeah, I have seen the acendancy stuff, just sort of held off as I'd heard that the lab is pretty hard and she's super squishy while she doesn't really need the additional damage she'd get from the first couple of nodes yet.

    As to movement, I nabbed the lightning warp/teleport one, but it's just so slow compared to the old D2 teleport that it doesn't really seem that useful.

    Cheers for the pointers.

  25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    boomwolf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    In your head.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Path of Exile 3.0 (the other Diablo clone)

    It's slow, until you level/quality/set it up with proper links and all, then it's freakishly fast.
    Pretty much like any movement skill in the game.


    Quote Originally Posted by Cormag81 View Post
    2117: No matter how good a debater I am out of character there is no way to logically get out of falling after your paladin kills his patron god.

  26. - Top - End - #116
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    N810's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Defeated Dagon
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Path of Exile 3.0 (the other Diablo clone)

    But even a slow lame movement skill can get you over some nasty traps,
    providing the spot you are standing on is fairly safe.

  27. - Top - End - #117
    Troll in the Playground
     
    SlyGuyMcFly's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The cyberpunk present
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Path of Exile 3.0 (the other Diablo clone)

    Quote Originally Posted by boomwolf View Post
    It's slow, until you level/quality/set it up with proper links and all, then it's freakishly fast.
    Pretty much like any movement skill in the game.
    Moreso than other movement skills, since it needs a a 4 link to really shine instead of the 2-3 other skills require. But it's also much better than the other skills in that it can cross ledges, walls and gaps, has no range limitation, no charges/cooldown mechanic, and doesn't get stuck when your foot brushes against a pebble. All other skills fail on at least one of those counts, so it's well worth the investment on any caster.
    Truth resists simplicity.

  28. - Top - End - #118
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Siosilvar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    USA
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Path of Exile 3.0 (the other Diablo clone)

    Yeah, Lightning Warp kind of sucks until you link it with Less Duration and Faster Casting, along with leveling it up a bit and maybe throwing Rapid Decay in too. Shield Charge and Whirling Blades are good to go with just Faster Attacks and can use Fortify for extra physical mitigation, but you can't jump cliffs with them.
    she/her/her(s)

    Omnia Vincit Amor

  29. - Top - End - #119
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    N810's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Defeated Dagon
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Path of Exile 3.0 (the other Diablo clone)

    Well there's always ground slam, and the one for your bow, that teleports you where you shot...?

  30. - Top - End - #120
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    boomwolf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    In your head.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Path of Exile 3.0 (the other Diablo clone)

    blink arrow has a cooldown though.

    its faster than any of them when it comes to getting the feth out of trouble (as its practically instant with faster attack linked), but when it comes to distance traveling, its the worst.


    Quote Originally Posted by Cormag81 View Post
    2117: No matter how good a debater I am out of character there is no way to logically get out of falling after your paladin kills his patron god.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •