New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Path of Exile 3.0 (the other Diablo clone)

And leap slam won't cast past its maximum range unless you hold down shift, making it incredibly annoying to use. You can get used to it, but that's not a limitation I recall any of the other skills having except for flame dash.
    ze/zir | she/her

Omnia Vincit Amor

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground

So the new baddies are... fantasy!Nazis and... more fantasy!Nazis.

Goddamn. Really breaking some new ground there, GGG.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Bugbear in the Playground

Who else would have a prison colony full of zombies ?

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground

Wait, did piety and dominus not make it clear that the empire is basically Nazis already?

Quote Originally Posted by Cormag81 View Post
    2117: No matter how good a debater I am out of character there is no way to logically get out of falling after your paladin kills his patron god.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground

Honestly, I'm just bored to death of fantasy!Nazis. They're overplayed to the point of being boring now.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Troll in the Playground

Soo, got my second ancient reliquary key and got 3 items out of it. Two were legacy items that had since been buffed (AKA useless) but the third was a Windripper that if I look at poe.trade is up for something crazy like 30 ex. The question I guess becomes do these actually sell at this price? If so do I need to make a poe.trade profile or whatever?

7. - Top - End - #127
    Troll in the Playground

Poe.trade just reads public stash tabs, you'll need at least one premium tab to list something there.

Edit: it may also read procurement threads, not sure
    Last edited by Siosilvar; 2017-04-17 at 11:12 AM.
    ze/zir | she/her

Omnia Vincit Amor

8. - Top - End - #128
    Troll in the Playground

I do have a number of premium tabs. I guess I can look into setting that up. I suppose I can also just post in trade chat now and then too. Even if I get less than the poe.trade value it's still more raw currency than I've had before I'm pretty sure.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Troll in the Playground

Don't bother with trade chat, nobody with that kind of cash uses it, since it's all scammers and bots nowadays and not worth sorting through for a decent deal.

Using premium tabs is easy, just right-click on the tab and set it to public, individually priced. Then right-click on the bow and put "~b/o 30 ex" in the note. I think there's another option to set the price with a drop down, idk I'm playing SSF this ladder and don't remember.
    ze/zir | she/her

Omnia Vincit Amor

10. - Top - End - #130
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Siosilvar View Post
    Don't bother with trade chat, nobody with that kind of cash uses it, since it's all scammers and bots nowadays and not worth sorting through for a decent deal.

Using premium tabs is easy, just right-click on the tab and set it to public, individually priced. Then right-click on the bow and put "~b/o 30 ex" in the note. I think there's another option to set the price with a drop down, idk I'm playing SSF this ladder and don't remember.
    Yeah the tab thing was remarkably easy to setup. Dropped it to ~20 ex but still think its probably too expensive to actually sell, seeing as its just a status thing (it's not terribly much better than a regular Windripper which isn't that great anyways). Still doesn't hurt to keep it in the tab to try and sell it. Also if I had realized how easily the tab thing was to sell things I'd have added a bunch more things there too. I'll have to sort some other things into there, though most of my stuff isn't really valuable at all.

I've been playing an Ancestral warchief marauder, and wondering about making another fast map clearing character since I'm getting a bit bored with this one. Any decent suggestions that aren't absurdly expensive but are sufficiently different?

11. - Top - End - #131

Well the game is running a lot smother after the last performance patch. :D
    Good thing because it was getting quite bad and nearly unplayable.

12. - Top - End - #132

I was wondering if anyone knew....
    Why are the basic stats on unique so bad overall.
    would it be so bad if a legendary weapon did above average damage ?

13. - Top - End - #133
    Troll in the Playground

It is part of the design philosophy that rares should have better general stats and uniques have special effects you can't get anywhere else, so that there's an actual decision between the two.

But many of the uniques are best-in-slot for particular builds. I suspect you've just not found any of those, and only picked up leveling uniques that aren't particularly useful unless you start another character in the same league.
    ze/zir | she/her

Omnia Vincit Amor

14. - Top - End - #134

it seem like a lot of the uniques would ne helpful on lower levels...
    But you can only equip them about 10 to 20 levels after they would have been useful.
    (oh look a sweet lvl 50 unique sword... [uses wisdom scroll] ... and it only does 10-20 physical damage... sigh.)
    Last edited by N810; 2017-04-21 at 12:16 PM.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Troll in the Playground

Item level isn't the same as required level... item level only affects what can drop, not how good any particular drop will be.

Redbeak does roughly that amount of damage, it's a good leveling sword. Every single unique Rusted Sword will always be Redbeak, required level 1. It doesn't matter whether you drop it at item level 1 in Normal Twilight Strand or at item level 84 from The Shaper.

Hell, Severed In Sleep (required level 38) does more damage than that, and it's a pure stat stick for minions and has no increased damage. I know you're exaggerating, but I really don't understand your complaint at all.
    ze/zir | she/her

Omnia Vincit Amor

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ogre in the Playground

Yes, unfortuantly many uniques are utter trash when you can actually use them.

And even if they are good for their level, you still likely will never use them-as most don't bother buying a spesific item for leveling (because who gives a damn about low levels, you brush through them), and then when they just happen to drop, the chance that you hit one that is both fitting your build, and actually in your current level (or a tiny bit above you) are so low that it doesn't matter.

Uniques are only there for endgame powerbuilds, or for the fun of "oh, a piece of candy". they have zero effect on the actual gameplay of most players.

2117: No matter how good a debater I am out of character there is no way to logically get out of falling after your paladin kills his patron god.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Eh, I play with some buddies, and we level with uniques quite frequently--a guild stash full of random levelers from whoever got high level first helps, though.
    Coach and Owner of Hellbug's Heroes, Sneak Kings, Sultans of Slaughter, and Commercial Cast-Offs. Season II and III runner-up. Season IV league champion. Season VII division champion.

18. - Top - End - #138

good news the new version is coming out tomorrow.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by N810 View Post
    good news the new version is coming out tomorrow.
    Isn't that the beta though? Which you need to win a key for?

20. - Top - End - #140

.... Stupid countdown
    got me all excited for nothing...

ok when does it really come out ?
    Last edited by N810; 2017-06-06 at 09:53 AM.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Troll in the Playground

I think its sometime in July.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ogre in the Playground

Yea, I also saw the countdown, got exited and then noticed in beta only.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Firbolg in the Playground

Just recently got into this game. So far, I've finished the main storyline twice (I figure there's not much point in going through cruel and merciless if there's gonna be new acts in a month). I'm really, really enjoying the gameplay, but I'm finding it super-difficult to understand what all these people are talking about in terms of builds.
    My Homebrew
    Five-time champion of the GITP monster competition!

Current Projects:
    Crossroads: the New World: A pathfinder campaign setting about an alternate history of North America, where five empire collide in a magical land full of potential. On the road to publication!

Epic Avatar and Sigitar by AlterForm
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #144
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Squish View Post
    Just recently got into this game. So far, I've finished the main storyline twice (I figure there's not much point in going through cruel and merciless if there's gonna be new acts in a month). I'm really, really enjoying the gameplay, but I'm finding it super-difficult to understand what all these people are talking about in terms of builds.
    Yeah all the builds can be alot to understand. And are often very confusing.

My favorite conversation ever involved flameblast, facebreakers, and fireball, all shortened to fb.
    http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Community_shorthand

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Squish View Post
    The super high-end stuff are just a nightmare to understand. really, everything is a mess.
    So many acronyms, builds that depend on five or more unique items who are absolutely mandatory, a huge pile of really similar options that require half a dozenspreadsheets in order to figure out what's better when.

Heck, even base concepts are sometimes a mess.
    I ran a full league as a leech based slayer, and did pretty well (only got to tier 12 due to time constraints) and I still have NO CLUE how leech is calculated, or how the rate works, or anything about how my character functioned mechanically. all I knew is that I leech faster than its even relevant, and if I survive a hit-I'll go back to full before the next hit lands.

High-end optimization and grind is just...annoying.
    Hopefully the 3.0 will allow you to truly experience the entire game without the need to spend so much time farming it turns from game to work.

26. - Top - End - #146

Some new support gems spotted over on Reddit.

Brutality Support 35-54% more Physical Damage. Any phys spell/attack gem.

Chance to Bleed Support Adds Lv.1 1-2 thru Lv.20 50-75 to Physical Damage to Attacks. flat 25% chance to cause Bleeding. Any phys attack gem.

Deadly Ailments Support 50-88% more Damage with Ailments. Flat 33% less damage with hits. Ignite/poison scaler. Doesn't scale chill/freeze/shock womp womp.

Decay Support Skill inflicts Decay, dealing Lv.1 234 Lv.20 1598 Chaos Damage per second for 10 seconds. Essence drain/ caustic support.

Efficacy Support 10-20% more Spell Damage. 15-24% more Damage over Time. 10-16% increased Skill Effect Duration. Essence Drain. Caustic arrow except Spell% part.

Immolate Support Lv.1 47-71 Lv.20 268-403 to added Fire Damage against Burning Enemies. Spells/Attacks.

Lesser Poison Support Lv.1 1-2 Lv.20 50-75 to added Chaos Damage. flat 25% to poison on hit. So since poison stacks are capped. for fast spammy chaos convert skills.

Lesser Reduced Mana Cost Support Exactly what u think this does. RIP aura reduction.

Maim Support 20-30% more Physical Damage versus maimed. 10-19% more Physical Damage. Flat 30% chance to maim (movement debuff).

Unbound Ailments Support (30–49)% increased Duration of Ailments on Enemies. (20–30)% increased Effect of Ailments on Enemies. How is Shock affected? Chill/freez affected? Appears to be ignite/poison only.

Vile Toxins Support (30–49)% more Poison Damage. % more Damage with Hits for each Poison on the Enemy, up to (6–9) times.

Ignite Proliferation Support spread to other Enemies within a Radius of (14–16). Skills deal (0–19)% increased Fire Damage. Looks underwhelming but strictly beter than Ele Prolif gem for ignites.

rename supports

Burning Damage Support

Elemental Damage with Attacks Support
    https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile...to_be_in_this/
    Last edited by N810; 2017-06-16 at 11:55 AM.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Patch is out, though server-load is high and crashes are present even with ques to control server load. At least the new menu music is nice however.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ogre in the Playground

Started playing some three weeks ago, beginning with a Totem-Hierophant, with the new League I've begun a Slayer who I intent to go Blood Magic / Iron Grip and stacking Ranged Damage, Life Leech and Knockback ... not entirely sold on Point Blank, since I intend to use Decoy Totem to stay away from the fury,

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Sian View Post
    Started playing some three weeks ago, beginning with a Totem-Hierophant, with the new League I've begun a Slayer who I intent to go Blood Magic / Iron Grip and stacking Ranged Damage, Life Leech and Knockback ... not entirely sold on Point Blank, since I intend to use Decoy Totem to stay away from the fury,
    Point blank is the shiz, though technically it won't interact so well with knockback, that's not really something to worry about since trash should be dying before it matters and bosses are generally immune, so it's only when you get to late map bosses that it becomes a worry.

Bow Slayer is an ... interesting choice though - are you following a guide is is this something of your own creation?

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground

Homecooking ... felt uninspired by the skills immidiately surrounding Ranger (and their Ascendency choices), and noticed that Slayer doesn't actually say melee weapons, but only two-handed weapons, which bows count as :D