New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 254041424344454647484950
Results 1,471 to 1,492 of 1492
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Banned

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: Path of Exile 3.0 (the other Diablo clone)

Karui Gem turns Resolute Technique (Enemies can' t evade your hits, but not Crit Chance) into Double Block %, Block takes 50% damage rather than 0. It appears not to have amended the other nearby passives - so maybe it affects Keystones only?
    Pledge of Hands Staff- gives Level 30 Greater Spell Echo - Supported spells repeat twice, but no cast speed modifier, each repeat has increased AoE.
    Last edited by NatureKing; 2019-05-24 at 07:16 AM.

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NatureKing View Post
    Karui Gem turns Resolute Technique (Enemies can' t evade your hits, but not Crit Chance) into Double Block %, Block takes 50% damage
    If it’s able to go above MaxBlock that would be very strong

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Banned

BlueKnightGuy

As far as I'm aware, there's nothing allowing you to break Max, but at least now you can afford to spend more time on avoidance/mitigation, and you're going to want to have a healthy life pool to back that up.

4. - Top - End - #1474
    Ogre in the Playground

Even then, I’d say it’s a fairly strong buff for specially dual wielding (as it’s kinda difficult to get near maxblock for them as it is, specially without conceding a lot of offense), and those that ‘just happens’ to roll with a shield (thinking Iron Will / shield throwers Primarily, possibly even those using shield charge if it aren’t to far out of the way for them) since they would get a lot smoother damage intake
    Last edited by Sian; 2019-05-24 at 08:09 AM.

5. - Top - End - #1475
    Banned

BlueKnightGuy

I'm just interested to see how Gladiator turns out before I make any further commitment. So far, Versatile Combatant and Violent Retribution would be my go to this season, and rock a Bleed build, as I think 20 points down to Defiance/Testudo will let you hit cap and slot in nicely to Crimson Dance.

Of course, this is all dependent on what the rework leaves.

Aspect of the Cat will hopefully be a thing to go for, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to put time into SSF, so might go to trade. Which is going to mean Delving for Currency. Yay.

6. - Top - End - #1476
    Banned

BlueKnightGuy

Sorry for the double post: anyone got a clue what the Teal/Blue/Green explosion is?

https://youtu.be/nUx5hKM_pRA

Kicks in around 2:00
    Last edited by NatureKing; 2019-05-25 at 04:31 AM.

7. - Top - End - #1477
    Ogre in the Playground

Actually, shouldn't we get a new Thread?

I'm all for Path of Exile: We Are Legion

8. - Top - End - #1478
    Dwarf in the Playground

Or "Path of Exile II: Melee"

I'm looking foward to this next league

9. - Top - End - #1479
    Titan in the Playground

Path of Exile II: More than just the PoB
    Quote Originally Posted by The Underlord View Post
    All hail great Shneekeythulhu! Ia Ia Shneeky fthagn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quite possibly, the best rebuttal I have ever witnessed.
    Joker Bard - the DM's solution to the Batman Wizard.
    Takahashi no Onisan - The scariest Samurai alive
    Incarnum and YOU: a reference guide
    Soulmelds, by class and slot: Another Incarnum reference
    Multiclassing for Newbies: A reference guide for the rest of us

My homebrew world in progress: Falcora

10. - Top - End - #1480
    Ogre in the Playground

Almost starting to feel like that, if it weren't as arcane as implied, even the ability to change Keystones into a couple of different variants would breathe enough interesting things and new builds into the game in and of itself

11. - Top - End - #1481
    Ogre in the Playground

Now that everything is out, what are people planing to play as?

I'm leaning heavily towards Reave/Cleave dual-wielder Slayer with the alternate note that gives double block but only 50% reduction

Maybe looking into if it's possible to get two Paradoxica's (with a combination of Vagan/Vorici/Tora veils on them)

12. - Top - End - #1482
    Banned

BlueKnightGuy

Really wanted to try Gladiator, but it's mehness of updates basically puts me to Slayer, gonna rock out with new Cyclone. Gonna go freeze I think, mainly because I love that Herald of Ice Automaton mtx and wanna try that.

13. - Top - End - #1483
    Ettin in the Playground

I feel like I should wait till 4.0.0 before picking this up again. Thoughts? I much rather they reworked melee fully first.

14. - Top - End - #1484
    Banned

BlueKnightGuy

Noone can answer that for you. You're asking in a thread of people who play the game, if you should come and play the game.

It's free.

15. - Top - End - #1485
    Ogre in the Playground

From what I've heard, GGG is first expecting to get to 4.0 at summer/autumn 2020, and explicitly said that we'd might well get 3.11, perhaps even 3.12 before rolling over to 4.0
    Last edited by Sian; 2019-06-06 at 03:54 PM.

16. - Top - End - #1486
    Ettin in the Playground

Noone can answer that for you. You're asking in a thread of people who play the game, if you should come and play the game.

It's free.
    I know it's free. I have played it on and off. I'm asking if the changes are substantive and positive enough to come back.

Quote Originally Posted by Sian View Post
    From what I've heard, GGG is first expecting to get to 4.0 at summer/autumn 2020, and explicitly said that we'd might well get 3.11, perhaps even 3.12 before rolling over to 4.0
    That's interesting to hear. I might wait till then then. Thanks!

17. - Top - End - #1487
    Banned

BlueKnightGuy

The update isn't live, it hasn't been played yet. Patch notes are available. Streakers/YouTube who are paid to play the game can give you greater insight than we can.

You've not gone into why you've quit, so it can't really be commented on to work out whether there is potential for 3.7 or leagues prior have the potential to have fixed your issues - and despite the potential, whether the game actually did or didn't realise those fixes in a way your own personal preferences preferred.

I don't know how we can help you make that choice. If you want to give it a go, give it a go. If you don't, don't. For what it's worth, I like the idea of some changes introduced. I'm just hoping that they allow me to enjoy a playstyle that I've struggled to enjoy with before.

Only disappointing bits in it I've seen are Winter Orb debuffs, as I was hoping to play a Scion CWC build eventually, but I might try another spell channel - maybe some improvement on my old Storm Burst I had a go at late last league.

18. - Top - End - #1488
    Troll in the Playground

What was nerfed about winter orb? Is it bad now?

Also, anyone have a suggestion of a good levelling skill? Like, something that pushes me through until level 40-50 even though I'm taking nodes for something else?
    Quote Originally Posted by actual quote from this forum
    So yeah. your wrong.
    Check out Camp Archimedes, a (slightly homebrew) mercenary camp full of interesting units. A great addition to any campaign (in my very biased opinion)

19. - Top - End - #1489
    Ettin in the Playground

The update isn't live, it hasn't been played yet. Patch notes are available. Streakers/YouTube who are paid to play the game can give you greater insight than we can.

You've not gone into why you've quit, so it can't really be commented on to work out whether there is potential for 3.7 or leagues prior have the potential to have fixed your issues - and despite the potential, whether the game actually did or didn't realise those fixes in a way your own personal preferences preferred.

I don't know how we can help you make that choice. If you want to give it a go, give it a go. If you don't, don't. For what it's worth, I like the idea of some changes introduced. I'm just hoping that they allow me to enjoy a playstyle that I've struggled to enjoy with before.

Only disappointing bits in it I've seen are Winter Orb debuffs, as I was hoping to play a Scion CWC build eventually, but I might try another spell channel - maybe some improvement on my old Storm Burst I had a go at late last league.
    I mean, fair enough. I should rephrase. My original question was more in the vein of "Do people like it?", because that guides me if I should muster the time to research the changes more. As to why I quit, Path of Exile is not a game I can play for long periods, and I usually only return when there's enough content changes that warrant my time again. Eg. 3.0 when it hit because of six new acts, 3.4 with all the new past league mechanics making its way into the game proper.

From what I gathered, a lot seem to like the theory behind the change at least, which is good. I only need to decide if I want to wait for them to complete the transition in 4.0, or start at 3.8.

20. - Top - End - #1490
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    I mean, fair enough. I should rephrase. My original question was more in the vein of "Do people like it?", because that guides me if I should muster the time to research the changes more. As to why I quit, Path of Exile is not a game I can play for long periods, and I usually only return when there's enough content changes that warrant my time again. Eg. 3.0 when it hit because of six new acts, 3.4 with all the new past league mechanics making its way into the game proper.

From what I gathered, a lot seem to like the theory behind the change at least, which is good. I only need to decide if I want to wait for them to complete the transition in 4.0, or start at 3.8.
    Last season was my most enjoyable to date, I was actually able to completely complete the campaign for the first time ever. Not because of any difficulty of game, but difficulty of retaining my interest long enough to complete the campaign.

Considering I also own D3 and Torchlight 2, I have several options when it comes to playing this sort of game, and any of them retaining my interest that consistently is quite a challenge. In fact, I've never actually completed a D3 season, not because it was technically difficult, I could probably have done so blindfolded on almost no sleep... that was actually part of my problem. I had zero engagement, I had no reason to do so. I'd already beaten the game, and had climbed as far as I had cared to in the difficulty grind. Somewhere around Grift 40, I was like "Okay, this is just going to be more of the same, with incrementally smaller upgrades possible... I think I can safely say I'm done here", and the seasons offered me no new or different content.

Path of Exile, however, did. It changed things up, it introduced new skills with interesting mechanics and interesting synergies without being 'OP'. Were there 'meta' Bane builds? Sure there were, it was the new shiny toys. But there were still 'meta' Arc builds which were ever-present, 'meta' Necro pet builds, and many others. What I enjoy about Path of Exile is that just about any core skill can be used to make a build around capable of at least beating the campaign in SSF. Some builds are easier than others, of course, but you only really have to worry about 'optimal' builds once you start getting into Shaper+ content for those chasing bragging rights.

In D3, there are perhaps two or three builds for each class which are considered 'viable' for anything over around Grift 30. In PoE, there are over a dozen per class which are 'Shaper Viable'.

tl;dr: Try it out and see for yourself. Look up something that looks like it might be fun for you to play, maybe something with a 'newbie friendly' or 'league starter' tag, and just play. See how the game has changed since you last played. You might enjoy it, you might not. But you'll never truly know unless you try.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Underlord View Post
    All hail great Shneekeythulhu! Ia Ia Shneeky fthagn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quite possibly, the best rebuttal I have ever witnessed.
    Joker Bard - the DM's solution to the Batman Wizard.
    Takahashi no Onisan - The scariest Samurai alive
    Incarnum and YOU: a reference guide
    Soulmelds, by class and slot: Another Incarnum reference
    Multiclassing for Newbies: A reference guide for the rest of us

My homebrew world in progress: Falcora

21. - Top - End - #1491
    Barbarian in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Bohandas View Post
    No, because in Minority Report the future could be changed and/or the precrime department was BS, and in things like Terminator, Twelve Monkeys, etc it is assumed that events are basically sequemtial despote time travel; the things happen and now that they've happened you can't change them; I'm assuming that because people would change them if they happened that they don't happen in the first place (if anything its like the end Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure with the tape recorder, but more extreme; I'm positing that because you could go back to rig things in your favor if you fail you won't need to)
    Terminator kind of hints that John sent his father back intentionally knowing full well that he had to succeed, Which is kind of a variant of the luck.
    Also that Skynet was inspired by Terminator tech.

Minority Report does of course work on a completely different future system, mea culpra. I was distracted by Anderton willfully fulfilling the third report and the feedback to just after the 'present' (plus wanting to point to taking a theme and running it in different directions)

And that (Bill&Tedd) conclusion is why I think you pretty much just get a trilogy from a universe that works that way. (1) Hey stable timeloop, (2) 1st Complex Exploit (3) To infinity.
    The other option of course is that failure prevents you completely, but that then leads to a stable outcome. If you do run over a pot hole, any attempt to fix it will not succeed, so why try. This double interaction I think you could play in a variety of ways (once or twice)

22. - Top - End - #1492
    Sheriff in the Playground Administrator

Sheriff: This thread has reached the 50 page mark. Please make a new version and provide a link here.
    Forum Rules

Sheriff Roland by Chris the Pontifex