New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: What's your favorite headcanon?

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    It might be harder than we think - are there any ghosts in HP who simply wanted to be ghosts? It seems more like an involuntary thing, people who are too afraid of death to cross over.
    To be fair, that still describes Voldemort exactly. I wouldn't be surprised of theres some impotent shade of Voldemort floating around somewhere, annoying people and being miserable because he only has a seventh of a soul.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

2. - Top - End - #482
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    It might be harder than we think - are there any ghosts in HP who simply wanted to be ghosts? It seems more like an involuntary thing, people who are too afraid of death to cross over.
    Nearly Headless Nick I believe mentions that he made a choice when he died, and can't unmake it. That implies volition in the moment.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

3. - Top - End - #483
    Pixie in the Playground

DrowGirl

James (i.e. Dad) from Fallout 3 is a psychopath. There's a great writeup of this on Reddit by Tagaziel.

4. - Top - End - #484
    Firbolg in the Playground

Since D&D's Use Magic Device skill uses the charisma stat it may represent the ability to make up convincing technobabble (or rather the mystical equivalent thereof)
    "If you want to understand biology don't think about vibrant throbbing gels and oozes, think about information technology" -Richard Dawkins

Omegaupdate Forum

WoTC Forums Archive + Indexing Projext

PostImage, a free and sensible alternative to Photobucket

Temple+ Modding Project for Atari's Temple of Elemental Evil

Morrus' RPG Forum (EN World v2)

5. - Top - End - #485

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by FrogsAltitude View Post
    James (i.e. Dad) from Fallout 3 is a psychopath. There's a great writeup of this on Reddit by Tagaziel.
    Dad built a water purifier that didn’t work, for people that didn’t need it, and then made it release radiation it shouldn’t have, to prevent it from falling into the hands of people trying to fix it. This killed the man who had no reason to sabotage it and didn’t kill Colonel Autumn, who had no means to survive. This put the Enclave – an army with no reason to attack – in charge of the purifier, which was of no value to them. Then the player entered vault 87 to recover a GECK, a magical matter-arranger that they shouldn’t need and that would be better put to use in virtually any possible manner besides fixing the purifier. Colonel Autumn, who shouldn’t be alive, captured the player with a flash grenade that shouldn’t have worked that was thrown by soldiers who had no way to get there. The final battle was a war between the Enclave and the Brotherhood of Steel, to see which one would get to commit suicide trying to turn on the purifier that neither of them needed. This resulted in more sabotage that threatened to explode a device that shouldn’t be explode-able, ending with the death of the player character, who had the means to survive but didn’t, and who was never given a good reason for doing any of this.

6. - Top - End - #486
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by GloatingSwine View Post
    Dad built a water purifier that didn’t work, for people that didn’t need it, and then made it release radiation it shouldn’t have, to prevent it from falling into the hands of people trying to fix it. This killed the man who had no reason to sabotage it and didn’t kill Colonel Autumn, who had no means to survive. This put the Enclave – an army with no reason to attack – in charge of the purifier, which was of no value to them. Then the player entered vault 87 to recover a GECK, a magical matter-arranger that they shouldn’t need and that would be better put to use in virtually any possible manner besides fixing the purifier. Colonel Autumn, who shouldn’t be alive, captured the player with a flash grenade that shouldn’t have worked that was thrown by soldiers who had no way to get there. The final battle was a war between the Enclave and the Brotherhood of Steel, to see which one would get to commit suicide trying to turn on the purifier that neither of them needed. This resulted in more sabotage that threatened to explode a device that shouldn’t be explode-able, ending with the death of the player character, who had the means to survive but didn’t, and who was never given a good reason for doing any of this.
    How much of this is explicitly acknowledged in the game, and how much of it was inferred by you or your sources?

If you read this post out loud to the writers of Fallout 3, would they likely agree with most or all of it?

I just realized, given the thread title, that this might be your headcanon, but I initially read it as only a comment on Dad, not as your headcanon. I'm not sure what your intention was, really. I apologize if I'm coming off as rude due to not knowing what the correct interpretation of your post is.
    Last edited by gomipile; 2017-12-10 at 09:11 AM.

7. - Top - End - #487

Flumph

It's mostly snark about the ****ty plot structure of Fallout 3 and how comically ineptly its central conflict is constructed.

(It's also nicked off Shamus Young).

Bethesda are OK at building worlds to mess around in, but they can't plot their way out of a wet paper bag.

8. - Top - End - #488
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NovenFromTheSun View Post
    40k: Gork and Mork are the "teenage" versions of Khorne and Tzeentch. They still exist alongside their "adult" counterparts because Warp shenanigans.
    I love that!
    I'm not a native english speaker and I'm dyslexic(that doesn't mean I have low IQ quite the opposite actually it means I make a lot of typos).

So I beg for forgiveness, patience and comprehension.

Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    It's like somewhere along the way, "freedom of speech" became "all negative response is censorship".
    Quote Originally Posted by 2D8HP View Post
    "Gosh 2D8HP, you are so very correct (and also good looking), and your humility is stunning"

9. - Top - End - #489
    Ogre in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGirl

Presto the Magician from the D&D toon was a cleric, not a wizard.

Presto is said to have 'good magic' that opposes Venger's 'evil magic'. Typically magic is just a tool in D&D, with only certain spells having anything to do with alignment, but clerics are magic users who can get magic from a force of good itself. The magic dichotomy may also have been Dungeon Master simplifying the ideas of 'arcane vs. divine' or class spell lists to Presto.

It also seems likely that Presto's casting ability is Wisdom, not Intelligence. Presto's magic seems to work best when he has an intuitive understanding of what he needs. Overthinking a rhyme or reaching for something specific normally interferes with his magic. His magic also seems more effective when he is resolute about his intentions, like going into The City at the Edge of Midnight or when he tries to slay Venger.

There's also some accounting for the creatures besides Presto that have used his hat. A basic lizardfolk manages to pull out an eagle for snatching someone's weapon on their first try without any rhyme. Even Uni manages to summon something useful when trying to save Presto and a baby gold dragon. Both of those creatures are well known for being stupid, but potentially wise.

Lastly: Presto's magic is so freakin' scattershot and used so infrequently, it may as well be a Divine Intervention roll.

I also heartily approve of the xkcd headcannon.
    Quote Originally Posted by No brains View Post
    But as we've agreed, sometimes the real power was the friends we made along the way, including the DM. I wish I could go on more articulate rants about how I'm grateful for DMs putting in the effort on a hard job even when it isn't perfect.

10. - Top - End - #490
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

I've actually posted this before on other sites, but I find it hilarious to consider what George R. R. Martin did completely by accident:

Central to the Song of Ice and Fire saga is the myth of Azor Ahai, the legendary figure of Asshai'i myth who used his mighty sword Lightbringer to drive back the darkness of the Long Night in ages past, and is prophesied to come again. Most speculation about this figure is about which of the remaining characters is the reborn Azor Ahai. But I think it is important to look more closely at the man behind the myth.

Here is what A Wiki of Ice and Fire has to say about the mythical figure Azor Ahai:

Darkness lay over the world and a hero, Azor Ahai, was chosen to fight against it. To fight the darkness, Azor Ahai needed to forge a hero's sword. He labored for thirty days and thirty nights until it was done. However, when he went to temper it in water, the sword broke. He was not one to give up easily, so he started over.

The second time he took fifty days and fifty nights to make the sword, even better than the first. To temper it this time, he captured a lion and drove the sword into its heart, but once more the steel shattered.

The third time, with a heavy heart, for he knew beforehand what he must do to finish the blade, he worked for a hundred days and nights until it was finished. This time, he called for his wife, Nissa Nissa, and asked her to bare her breast. He drove his sword into her living heart, her soul combining with the steel of the sword, creating Lightbringer, the Red Sword of Heroes.
    Now, obviously this is just myth: a sword that was forged for thirty, or fifty, or a hundred days is no stronger than a sword forged over two or three, and even if you accept the notion that his sword was folded as is the case of Valyrian steel, the simple fact is that we're familiar with the metallurgical effects of folding the blade, and the simple fact is that any more than 8 folds in the metal tend to make folded swords such as a katana softer and more prone to break. The extra time is just spent allowing ice zombies roam over the land mowing down armies and allowing the Others to bulk up their military.

But that shouldn't be read to mean that it's complete bunk. Obviously, if we are looking at the historical Azor Ahai, he might very well have created a red blade of some kind, and then used his blade to stop his wife or significant other, especially if she'd been recently turned. And after that, the story got embellished and altered until it became the myth it was today.

But beyond his sword, which is seemingly very powerful, and possibly lit, we know very little about Azor Ahai. We know that he was a warrior of some kind in the distant past, we know he could make weapons, we know that he had a powerful sword, we know that said sword was used in some way on his love, that this love was a woman, and we know that for some reason, he was seen as being able to be reborn in different times. At this point, speculation broadens, but it seems reasonable to infer that he spent his time fighting undead who could convert the living into evil, alien beings of some kind, and that his name was at least potentially similar to Azor Ahai. Maybe it started with an A.

If only we knew of a person with all of those qualities . . .

Spoiler
    Show

That's right ladies and gentlemen. Ash didn't go back in time when he opened a portal with the Necronomicon Ex Mortis. He went to ancient Planetos. And the Others/White Walkers are just the ridiculously over-serious Deadites that survived the battle with Arthur and Eric the Red.

Is it incorrect? Of course it is. But it's still amusing as all get out, which is the actual point of the exercise.

11. - Top - End - #491
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by McStabbington View Post
    Now, obviously this is just myth: a sword that was forged for thirty, or fifty, or a hundred days is no stronger than a sword forged over two or three, and even if you accept the notion that his sword was folded as is the case of Valyrian steel, the simple fact is that we're familiar with the metallurgical effects of folding the blade, and the simple fact is that any more than 8 folds in the metal tend to make folded swords such as a katana softer and more prone to break. The extra time is just spent allowing ice zombies roam over the land mowing down armies and allowing the Others to bulk up their military.
    Point of order: it doesn't say he spent all the time just doing the forging. He could have been preparing materials, building up his smithy, or doing whatever it is he would need to do to make it a hero's sword instead of just a garden variety sword.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

12. - Top - End - #492
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Marvel had the Inhumans vs. X-Men crossover last year, which I largely skipped and I am glad I did so. However, I was following All-New X-Men, which had two tie-in issues to the event. In the issues directly before those Madelyn Pryor, the Goblin Queen, was brought back as an antagonist. Thank you, Dennis Hopeless, for giving me not just a romance comic cover, but also the means by which I can justify some of the plot to IvX. Who else but the spurned first wife of Scott Summers stands to gain from killing one version of Cyclops and having his newest wife ruin his name to the point that another version of Cyclops is constantly afraid he'll become a super villain? If Emma Frost were being controlled by the Goblin Queen the whole time, the awful turn to villain and the terrible costume make so much more sense.

Spoiler: Try to tell me this wasn't designed by the Goblin Queen.
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Knaight View Post
    Legend of Zelda: The imposition of a broader canon through the convoluted timeline that connects the games is just stupid. So I generally just ignore it entirely, instead interpreting each game as a retelling of what is fundamentally one story with the lots of the same trappings (characters, items, whatever) cropping up repeatedly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestia View Post
    I've heard this one before, and I do like it. The Legend of Zelda is actually a telephone game where each story emerges from a single source. They all share certain key elements, but specific details are altered, added, or dropped through the various "retellings." I think it fits the lore aspect much better. Though, I do still enjoy the idea of Link as the multi-incarnate hero because that better maintains immersion. It explains why this kid who's never even seen a bow his entire life can suddenly shoot like Robin Hood and Legolas's illegitimate love child the moment he picks one up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    I look on link as a mad max style folk lore hero. Basically, all these grand world saving adventures may or may not have happened, but its always attributed to this ageless eternal hero who always shows up to save the day. Was he ever real? I dunno, maybe. The point though, is we are actually hearing someone tell the story to an audience. Think 300 and how the entire thing was narrated by a spartan to glorify his king to a greek army. None of those crazy things happened. Leonidas stood, he fought, and he fell to an army of men. Not to dark magic users, immortals, mutant beasts, etc etc etc. But that doesnt make for an epic enough story to rally the troops. So in the various zeldas we get boulder throwing braclets, a hero able to fire off beams of energy from his sword, who can take dozens of blows from a giant hydra and continue to fight, etc etc etc. An undying hero who will always turn up when the world needs saving.
    I also count myself among those who are fine without there being canonical timelines to The Legend of Zelda. The scrolls in the opening to Wind Waker show just how well that can work. You can still have some versions of Link which are connected, like Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, or Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass, but it can also just be a story. I also would like the legend to be about Zelda to a greater extent at least one more time, so I will point out Aaron Diaz' Clockwork Empire.

13. - Top - End - #493
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Haven't read through the entire thread, but I found an amusing head canon that Hermione Granger discovered her magic by being inspired by Ronald Dahl's Matilda and trying to move a pencil with her eyes and finding it works for her.

14. - Top - End - #494
    Ettin in the Playground

The funny thing about that is that it is exactly the sort of thing Rowling would do - the writing in the early HP books had obvious stylistic influence from Dahl.

15. - Top - End - #495
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by S@tanicoaldo View Post
    I love that!
    Thanks! Now I'm imagining Khorne looking back fondly (by Khorne's standards) on his youth while his daemons fight Tuskar Daemon-Killa's horde.
    I imagine Elminster's standard day begins like "Wake up, exit my completely impenetrable, spell-proofed bedroom to go to the bathroom, kill the inevitable 3 balors waiting there, brush my teeth, have a wizard fight with the archlich hiding in the shower, use the toilet..."
    -Waterdeep Merch.

Laphicet avatar by linklele.

16. - Top - End - #496

The title character from Mr.Pickles is somehow related to the dog from the Son of Sam case that Berkowitz claimed had told him to kill all those people
    Last edited by Bohandas; 2018-01-04 at 01:20 PM.
    "If you want to understand biology don't think about vibrant throbbing gels and oozes, think about information technology" -Richard Dawkins

Omegaupdate Forum

17. - Top - End - #497
    Bugbear in the Playground

Couple of very minor MCU ones: Thor's electrical powers in Thor: Ragnarok were being charged up by the stun device Valkyrie used on him. Otherwise he's a god of thunder with a very weaksauce weakness.

The super soldier serum is continuing to change Steve Rogers. He really seems to have gone from just beyond normal human limits to truly super over the course of 5 movies.
    My Homebrew (Free to use, don't even bother asking. PM me if you do, though; I'd love to hear stories).

Avatar done by me (It's Durkon redrawn as Salvador from Borderlands 2).

Nod, get treat.

18. - Top - End - #498
    Orc in the Playground

My favourite headcanon is about why the Empire were so useless in Star Wars.

The Empire was a bloated military that hasn't seen a real war in 20 years and is still fighting the tactics of the Clone Wars - powerful capital ships and swarms of troops. It's no surprise they lose battles against a small, elite force that focusses on leveraging the improvements in fighters and fighter-based weapons. Star Destroyers are amazing capital ships, but the war isn't being fought ship-to-ship anymore and with pretty much all the Academy pilots defecting to the rebels, the empires' pilot cadre was severely depleted. The choice of the TIE fighter which didn't even have hyperdrive was clearly a quantity-over-quality choice based on a military budget and assuming they'd be fighting a similar mass enemy, ie droids.

19. - Top - End - #499
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sinewmire View Post
    My favourite headcanon is about why the Empire were so useless in Star Wars.

The Empire was a bloated military that hasn't seen a real war in 20 years and is still fighting the tactics of the Clone Wars - powerful capital ships and swarms of troops. It's no surprise they lose battles against a small, elite force that focusses on leveraging the improvements in fighters and fighter-based weapons. Star Destroyers are amazing capital ships, but the war isn't being fought ship-to-ship anymore and with pretty much all the Academy pilots defecting to the rebels, the empires' pilot cadre was severely depleted. The choice of the TIE fighter which didn't even have hyperdrive was clearly a quantity-over-quality choice based on a military budget and assuming they'd be fighting a similar mass enemy, ie droids.
    That does make a lot of sense. Heck, the Starfighters used in Episode 3 already greatly resemble TIE Fighters.
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!

20. - Top - End - #500
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Noventa View Post
    That does make a lot of sense. Heck, the Starfighters used in Episode 3 already greatly resemble TIE Fighters.
    Given that it was a prequel, it seemed a fairly conscious choice to make something which would bridge the gap. The big difference is, of course, without a hypderdive, there was also no need for an astromech droid. Yet, they were still hoping to eke the sort of piloting skills out of human beings that had been displayed by Jedi of all species, especially Saesee Tiin. To that end, the sequel trilogy's delegation of a gunner makes great sense to me. I was also going to bring up that it would make more sense if the Jedi starfighters were made by Sienar Fleet Systems, but as it turns out, SFS acquired the portions of Kuat Systems Engineering that made those. So, now I just have to imagine they had a black box which was used to study how the Jedi piloted.

21. - Top - End - #501
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KillingAScarab View Post
    So, now I just have to imagine they had a black box which was used to study how the Jedi piloted.
    Recklessly and straight towards danger

What?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockphed View Post
    Dwarf Fortress would like to have a word with you. The word is decorated with bands of microcline and meanaces with spikes of rose gold. On the word is an image of the word in cinnabar.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    This is an image of Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses engraved in sandstone. Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses is leaving Trotknives. Trotknives is on fire and full of goblins. This image refers to the destruction of Trotknives in late winter of 109 by Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses.

22. - Top - End - #502
    Troll in the Playground

In The Force Awakens, DJ was actually a plant by the weapons dealers. His original intent was to aid the Resistance, and in doing so prolong conflict between both sides and increase sales. He sold out the Resistance when caught, having his employers pull strings to have him released with his reward money.

He wasn't "slicing" anything at all throughout the entire movie -- just using existing codes and back doors his employers had provided him.

23. - Top - End - #503
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Wookieetank View Post
    Recklessly and straight towards danger

What?
    You are not wrong about that, at all. It also matches my piloting style in LucasArts TIE Fighter.

Quote Originally Posted by Leewei View Post
    In The Force Awakens, DJ was actually a plant by the weapons dealers. His original intent was to aid the Resistance, and in doing so prolong conflict between both sides and increase sales. He sold out the Resistance when caught, having his employers pull strings to have him released with his reward money.

He wasn't "slicing" anything at all throughout the entire movie -- just using existing codes and back doors his employers had provided him.
    Wouldn't that employer need to be aware of the heist ahead of time? I guess the answers will be found in the eventual Maz Kanata television series which The Force Awakens was actually a backdoor pilot for.

24. - Top - End - #504
    Ogre in the Playground

There's actually a secret conspiracy going in Marvel/DCverse where "super-heroes" are keeping humanity stagnant and unable to technologically advance anymore. Any who try are portrayed as mad scientists and criminal organizations. The comics/other media we see is all just propaganda from the "super heroes" point of view.

After all, why aren't the Earth of Marvel/DCuniverse normal militaries using all those fancy giant robots that are churned out by the hundreds/thousands? Why is anybody using old slug throwers when laser guns are a dime a dozen? How come nobody "good" ever reverse-engineered one of mr freeze's cold guns which would have plenty of pratical applications?

Also the "super-criminals" have excellent medical tech besides tools of war. You never heard of any villain being crippled for life after batman/caps broke half the bones on their bodies, did you? Actually they are often fully recovered in a matter of weeks/days!
    Last edited by deuterio12; 2018-01-14 at 08:36 AM.

25. - Top - End - #505
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by deuterio12 View Post
    There's actually a secret conspiracy going in Marvel/DCverse where "super-heroes" are keeping humanity stagnant and unable to technologically advance anymore. Any who try are portrayed as mad scientists and criminal organizations. The comics/other media we see is all just propaganda from the "super heroes" point of view.

After all, why aren't the Earth of Marvel/DCuniverse normal militaries using all those fancy giant robots that are churned out by the hundreds/thousands? Why is anybody using old slug throwers when laser guns are a dime a dozen? How come nobody "good" ever reverse-engineered one of mr freeze's cold guns which would have plenty of pratical applications?

Also the "super-criminals" have excellent medical tech besides tools of war. You never heard of any villain being crippled for life after batman/caps broke half the bones on their bodies, did you? Actually they are often fully recovered in a matter of weeks/days!
    You've been listening to lex's podcasts again, haven't you?
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

26. - Top - End - #506
    Ogre in the Playground

As already pointed out earlier in this thread, supes most efficient use of his time would be producing cheap energy for the world, but instead he prefers to go around punching petty criminals and smashing Lex's latest innovations.

Even if you claim "But Lex wants to use his super tech to conquer the world!", then would you rather we still be using stone tools and praying for a good weather or die of starvation instead of somebody developing metalworking, even if they intend to use such metal working to try to conquer the world with swords and armor?

The worst offender may be poor Peter Parker. His web shooters are nothing short of revolutionary tech, and he explicitly can mass-produce them out of cheap common materials since he isn't rich like Bruce or Tony. Yet he keeps their tech a close guarded secret. It's not like they're even a super dangerous weapon, but would do miracles for all sort of engineering fields and rescue forces and whatnot.

27. - Top - End - #507

As already pointed out earlier in this thread, supes most efficient use of his time would be producing cheap energy for the world, but instead he prefers to go around punching petty criminals and smashing Lex's latest innovations.

Even if you claim "But Lex wants to use his super tech to conquer the world!", then would you rather we still be using stone tools and praying for a good weather or die of starvation instead of somebody developing metalworking, even if they intend to use such metal working to try to conquer the world with swords and armor?

The worst offender may be poor Peter Parker. His web shooters are nothing short of revolutionary tech, and he explicitly can mass-produce them out of cheap common materials since he isn't rich like Bruce or Tony. Yet he keeps their tech a close guarded secret. It's not like they're even a super dangerous weapon, but would do miracles for all sort of engineering fields and rescue forces and whatnot.
    The spiderman thing, I actually watched a video on him once where a guy who plays the part of a super fan, gets into this impassioned rant on WHY peter is such a dumb genius. Found it Its not perfect, im sure an ACTUAL superfan could pick like, a billion holes into it (Hey, it makes the theory look like a spiderweb, hur hur) But yeah, they talk about the web shooters and how dumb he is for not selling the patent to that and becoming rich and famous.

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

28. - Top - End - #508

The atmosphere in Equestria has a very high index of refraction and a sonic rainboom is a form of cherenkov radiation.

Omegaupdate Forum

29. - Top - End - #509

The best use of Superman's time would probably be to improve the world AND crush Lex Luthor by funneling competing Kryptonian tech into the market through Batman

Omegaupdate Forum

30. - Top - End - #510

Quote Originally Posted by Bohandas View Post
    The best use of Superman's time would probably be to improve the world AND crush Lex Luthor by funneling competing Kryptonian tech into the market through Batman
    Not just kryptonian, how many alien races have the justice league dealt with? How much random tech has been captured from those invasions, or even from various time travelers? Honestly, there may be a legit reason to not toss this stuff onto the open market. Think star treks prime directive and why they made it. They sent out plans for advanced tech to every world they could locate and some destroyed themselves with stuff they werent civilized enough to use. So sure they could give us cold fusion, but within a year some tinpot dictator or terrorist will turn it into a country destroying bomb. Or use genetic engineering meant for treating all sorts of medical conditions to create their own set of augments, or some other eugenics based insanity.

And also, that would do a great job of proving lex's point. With all this incredible alien tech being handed out like candy, what reason do humans have to grow and evolve? They will be a generation or two away from even being able to attempt to innovate or improve on this stuff because its leapfrogging every field we currently have. Earthlings would probably turn into the humans from wall-e because they no longer need to do anything with all this future tech to provide for them.