The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 45 of 46 FirstFirst ... 20353637383940414243444546 LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 1353
  1. - Top - End - #1321
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2013

    Default Re: What's your favorite headcanon?

    Yeah, you don't go too deep before cooling becomes an issue. The core of this planet is HOT, and all that heat is trying to get out through the crust.

  2. - Top - End - #1322
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    gomipile's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010

    Default Re: What's your favorite headcanon?

    Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    People keep their houses at a comfy temp through geothermal hvac. Its like 6 feet into the ground. That being said I have no idea what the world is like temperature wise with a "scorched sky" That seems to be more perma cloud cover going by the end of the third movie when neo and trinity flew above it. So its probably more safety from the army of killer bots searching for them that drove them deep rather than the need for warmth. .
    There, the only reason you can get by with such a shallow depth is that the system uses a heat pump. Basically it's a refrigerator where what would be the inside and outside of a refrigerator can be swapped between the house's interior and the groundwater. Pump heat into the ground in summer, pump heat out in winter.

    With that, all that matters is to get the ground loop of the system comfortably deep enough that the water there will never freeze in winter, so the thermal mass and conductivity of the soil around the ground loop stays high. The same logic applies for injection-well open loop systems, you're just letting the natural water table between the soil grains do the same job as the pipes in a closed loop system.

    If you didn't have the heat pump, you'd need the loop to go deep enough that the ground was always at a comfortable temperature. Around here, the water table groundwater is a bit too cool for that.

    Also, if you did that, you could very easily be in bedrock at the right temperature layer, and you'd have to either make a huge loop to make up for the worse thermal properties, or fracture the rock and use two wells to inject and extract water at that depth, which is effectively the same thing but with rock replacing the pipe walls.
    Last edited by gomipile; 2019-09-07 at 11:30 PM.

  3. - Top - End - #1323
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Velaryon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: What's your favorite headcanon?

    My newest headcanon is that Epic Rap Battles of History and all the various Fate anime take place in the same universe. The rap battles are how Heroic Spirits keep themselves occupied while they're waiting to be summoned.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2D8HP View Post
    Work is the scourge of the gaming classes!

  4. - Top - End - #1324
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2019

    Default Re: What's your favorite headcanon?


    How about this one?

  5. - Top - End - #1325
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    NovenFromTheSun's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Lakewood, Colorado
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: What's your favorite headcanon?

    Diablo:

    In at least one point in history, the inhabitants of Whimsyshire had control of the Pandemonium Fortress.
    I imagine Elminster's standard day begins like "Wake up, exit my completely impenetrable, spell-proofed bedroom to go to the bathroom, kill the inevitable 3 balors waiting there, brush my teeth, have a wizard fight with the archlich hiding in the shower, use the toilet..."
    -Waterdeep Merch.

    Laphicet avatar by linklele.

  6. - Top - End - #1326
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: What's your favorite headcanon?

    Dark Souls.

    Solaire isn’t quite the jolly knight who’s looking for his sun for religious purposes, but is more likely a hollow looking for challenges to reach the gods. With you as his rival to race to higher heights.

    After all, why the hell would he have worked so hard to achieve his strength, journey across the lands, and even join you, if you do something for his ‘quest’, to fight Gwyn, the Lord of Sunlight, basically his god?

    Yes, I can understand he could do all of this out of friendship with you, but I find it more interesting that he does all not out of random kindness, not to mention in a Souls game, but out of rivalry to possibly the very end.

  7. - Top - End - #1327
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Gnoman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Toledo, Ohio
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: What's your favorite headcanon?

    By the time you can fight The Lord of Sunlight, things are already being framed as a succession. Or, in other words, Solaire's god is dying no matter what you do, so his only way to serve that god is to help you become that god.

  8. - Top - End - #1328
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: What's your favorite headcanon?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gnoman View Post
    By the time you can fight The Lord of Sunlight, things are already being framed as a succession. Or, in other words, Solaire's god is dying no matter what you do, so his only way to serve that god is to help you become that god.
    Eh, fair enough. But the idea still stands that he could very well be more of a friendly rival more than just be the friendly paladin

  9. - Top - End - #1329
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Bohandas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2016

    Default Re: What's your favorite headcanon?

    The Slaad language in D&D sounds like the vocalizations from the "Crazy Frog" remix of Axel F

  10. - Top - End - #1330
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2008

    Default Re: What's your favorite headcanon?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gnoman View Post
    By the time you can fight The Lord of Sunlight, things are already being framed as a succession. Or, in other words, Solaire's god is dying no matter what you do, so his only way to serve that god is to help you become that god.
    Guys, Solaire's a part of the Warriors of Sunlight. They follow the Firstborn (probably Nameless King) not Gwyn. His gods whole shtick is that he betrayed Gwyn in some way.

  11. - Top - End - #1331
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Bohandas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2016

    Default Re: What's your favorite headcanon?

    The villain from Coraline represents pet owners. She wants to replace the protagonist's mother and have unnecessary surgery performed on her, which are both characteristics of pet owners.

  12. - Top - End - #1332
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Lord Raziere's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: What's your favorite headcanon?

    The hypnosis placed on Nezuko in Kimetsu no Yaiba is actually completely unnecessary and didn't even work. Nezuko is just that much of a good person.

    All the events of the Future Trunks timeline still happen in the main timeline of Android saga DBZ, just toned down or shuffled around so that they are recoverable and or dealable, thus timelines in dragon ball have a checklist of events to fill out, but how they are fulfilled is flexible enough that different things can come from them happening.

    Ash Ketchum's true calling is a Pokemon Ranger, because while he is friends with pokemon he is constantly picking them up and letting them loose and is more successful at saving pokemon from criminals than fighting with them in Leagues.

    things like Chimera Ants and Thing are the WEAKER threats of the wider world of Hunter X Hunter, the stronger ones are horrific eldritch abominations that the Hunters need to set up specific plans years in advance to get rid of and their existence is kept top secret.
    My Fan Fiction:
    To Catch A Mew
    A Kalos based pokemon fan fic. Now up to Chapter 24!



  13. - Top - End - #1333
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Lvl 2 Expert's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Tulips Cheese & Rock&Roll
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: What's your favorite headcanon?

    This is an oldie and probably in one if these threads already, but in the second straight to bargain bin Aladdin sequel it turns out Aladdin's father is the king of thieves, leader of the forty thieves. The headcanon is that this wasn't true in the original timeline, it only became true when Aladdin wished to "make me a prince".

    The evidence is a little thin, but there is some. For one, Aladdin doesn't seem to know what country he's the prince of. This is odd because he didn't wish to look like a prince, but to be one. Knowing the guy had no interest in going technically home far away to run a country anyway, the genie could have used the king/prince of thieves loophole to not have to change around the top leadership of any existing countries in order to accomodate the wish. Secondly, while Jafar reveals Aladdin's identity and changes his clothing back, he never seems to cast any kind of spell that would reverse Aladdin being a prince. It's worth noting that at this point he also doesn't seem to grasp the full power of the genie yet. Third, Aladdin does know what his princely name is, being prince Ali Ababwa (the genie sings about the name too, but stays quiet about his country), which sounds like the fancy official name of someone also known as Ali Baba. A bit like a William/Will situation (if you Will). Now, we never learn the name of Aladdin's father, but given that he's the leader of the forty thieves, he's supposedly named Ali Baba as well. Ali Baba being the name of the leader of the forty thieves is even referenced in the first movie during You've Never Had A Friend Like Me. And what do royalty like to do with their kid's names? Exactly, they give them their own name, so they can grow up to be king Myname the n+1nd, in this case Ali Ababwa the (at least) second. So it's no coincidence that this was Aladdin's prince name, it came with the spell that made him a prince by making his father the king of thieves.

    And the only person that had to be booted out of royalty to make it happen was the original Ali Baba, and he was a dirty criminal anyway. Morally defendable spellcasting!
    Last edited by Lvl 2 Expert; 2019-10-17 at 03:18 PM.

  14. - Top - End - #1334
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Gnoman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Toledo, Ohio
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: What's your favorite headcanon?

    That is well reasoned, and quite clever.

  15. - Top - End - #1335
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: What's your favorite headcanon?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    things like Chimera Ants and Thing are the WEAKER threats of the wider world of Hunter X Hunter, the stronger ones are horrific eldritch abominations that the Hunters need to set up specific plans years in advance to get rid of and their existence is kept top secret.
    This is actually explicitly canon, apparently.


    Corvo-Zodi by Cuthalion. I'm not a murderer, I'm a good person! *kills everyone*
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August. No Regrets.

  16. - Top - End - #1336
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Lizardfolk

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: What's your favorite headcanon?

    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    This is actually explicitly canon, apparently.
    Well yeah. They deal with the ants leader
    Spoiler
    Show
    with one nuke
    . The actual S class threats can't be dealt with period.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

  17. - Top - End - #1337
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Durkoala's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    The land of Uk
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: What's your favorite headcanon?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lvl 2 Expert View Post
    This is an oldie and probably in one if these threads already, but in the second straight to bargain bin Aladdin sequel it turns out Aladdin's father is the king of thieves, leader of the forty thieves. The headcanon is that this wasn't true in the original timeline, it only became true when Aladdin wished to "make me a prince".

    The evidence is a little thin, but there is some. For one, Aladdin doesn't seem to know what country he's the prince of. This is odd because he didn't wish to look like a prince, but to be one. Knowing the guy had no interest in going technically home far away to run a country anyway, the genie could have used the king/prince of thieves loophole to not have to change around the top leadership of any existing countries in order to accomodate the wish. Secondly, while Jafar reveals Aladdin's identity and changes his clothing back, he never seems to cast any kind of spell that would reverse Aladdin being a prince. It's worth noting that at this point he also doesn't seem to grasp the full power of the genie yet. Third, Aladdin does know what his princely name is, being prince Ali Ababwa (the genie sings about the name too, but stays quiet about his country), which sounds like the fancy official name of someone also known as Ali Baba. A bit like a William/Will situation (if you Will). Now, we never learn the name of Aladdin's father, but given that he's the leader of the forty thieves, he's supposedly named Ali Baba as well. Ali Baba being the name of the leader of the forty thieves is even referenced in the first movie during You've Never Had A Friend Like Me. And what do royalty like to do with their kid's names? Exactly, they give them their own name, so they can grow up to be king Myname the n+1nd, in this case Ali Ababwa the (at least) second. So it's no coincidence that this was Aladdin's prince name, it came with the spell that made him a prince by making his father the king of thieves.

    And the only person that had to be booted out of royalty to make it happen was the original Ali Baba, and he was a dirty criminal anyway. Morally defendable spellcasting!
    Unless this is something specific to Disney's version, it doesn't make sense. Ali Baba in the original tale is a merchant man who discovers the hidden cave of the Forty Thieves and steals from their treasure until he gets caught and hunted before being saved by his maid, rather than the leader or even a member of the Thieves.
    Spoiler: Pixel avatar and Raincloud Durkoala were made by me. The others are the work of Cuthalion.
    Show

    Cuteness and Magic and Phone Moogles, oh my! Let's Watch Card Captor Sakura!Sadly on a small hiatus.

    Durkoala reads a book! It's about VR and the nineties!

  18. - Top - End - #1338
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Lvl 2 Expert's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Tulips Cheese & Rock&Roll
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: What's your favorite headcanon?

    Quote Originally Posted by Durkoala View Post
    Unless this is something specific to Disney's version, it doesn't make sense. Ali Baba in the original tale is a merchant man who discovers the hidden cave of the Forty Thieves and steals from their treasure until he gets caught and hunted before being saved by his maid, rather than the leader or even a member of the Thieves.
    You are right. I completely forgot that.

    Although "You never had a friend like me" does say "Well Ali Baba had them 40 thieves" as a comparison to having the power of a genie in your corner. So this might actually fly as something specific to the Disney version. But at the very least it's another step of headcanon, so my third argument is mostly invalid.
    The ultimate OOTS cookie cutter nameless soldier is the hobgoblin.

  19. - Top - End - #1339
    Troll in the Playground
     
    khadgar567's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    turkey
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: What's your favorite headcanon?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lvl 2 Expert View Post
    You are right. I completely forgot that.

    Although "You never had a friend like me" does say "Well Ali Baba had them 40 thieves" as a comparison to having the power of a genie in your corner. So this might actually fly as something specific to the Disney version. But at the very least it's another step of headcanon, so my third argument is mostly invalid.
    well you can throw author saving throw if you want but in world of disney or general arabian nights were smarter you are more powerful you are ali baba can kinda become leader of 40ty tiefs as he only needs one good order from the old leader then pop he is the leader as he hijacked his brothers trade power with small trick why the f not he and his slave pull same trick to make him powerful enough to handle 40ty thief then plot stands same as disney wants
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shadow View Post
    Threads are like cats. They go where they want, and never listen to what you want them to do.


  20. - Top - End - #1340
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: What's your favorite headcanon?

    I've got a one.

    Predator's, from the film series Predator's, aren't the noble warrior race guys you'd expect from other sci fi. They're the same sort of people who go trophy hunting that we have here on Earth, and as such there are non violent predators as well.


    Corvo-Zodi by Cuthalion. I'm not a murderer, I'm a good person! *kills everyone*
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August. No Regrets.

  21. - Top - End - #1341
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Traab's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    right behind you

    Default Re: What's your favorite headcanon?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lvl 2 Expert View Post
    You are right. I completely forgot that.

    Although "You never had a friend like me" does say "Well Ali Baba had them 40 thieves" as a comparison to having the power of a genie in your corner. So this might actually fly as something specific to the Disney version. But at the very least it's another step of headcanon, so my third argument is mostly invalid.
    He also talks about the thousand tales of Scheherazade and its hard to tell what point he is going for with it. He might be talking about what made Ali baba and Scheherazade famous and how aladdin has a genie to do that for him. So its not that ali baba commanded 40 thieves, its that he is known for his adventures dealing with them, like madam long name is known for her thousand tales.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

  22. - Top - End - #1342
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Lvl 2 Expert's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Tulips Cheese & Rock&Roll
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: What's your favorite headcanon?

    Scheherazada is half the reason I think he's comparing those things to having the power of a genie on your side. She saves hundreds or thousands of women with those 1001 stories, and probably kind of the kingdom itself as well.

    But with the way the genie always bounces in and out of references, who ever knows what he's actually trying to say?
    Last edited by Lvl 2 Expert; 2019-10-18 at 03:52 PM.

  23. - Top - End - #1343
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: What's your favorite headcanon?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lvl 2 Expert View Post
    Scheherazada is half the reason I think he's comparing those things to having the power of a genie on your side. She saves hundreds or thousands of women with those 1001 stories, and probably kind of the kingdom itself as well.

    But with the way the genie always bounces in and out of references, who ever knows what he's actually trying to say?
    What he's trying to say that out there is a story where some smuck and his lady friend make complete fools of Aladin's dad and all of his friends, and that's probably what convinced him to abandon them all.

    Incidentally this is something I'd love to see.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2019-10-18 at 03:58 PM.


    Corvo-Zodi by Cuthalion. I'm not a murderer, I'm a good person! *kills everyone*
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August. No Regrets.

  24. - Top - End - #1344
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Lord Raziere's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: What's your favorite headcanon?

    MHA/Naruto:
    Izuku Midoriya and All-Might are alternate universe versions of Rock Lee and Might Guy that get to be the main protagonists of the story.

    Naruto:
    The only reason Konoha keeps producing all these ninja geniuses with grand philosophical ideas about how to make the world a better place is because of its geography. its in the Land of Fire, with the most arable land of all the shinobi nations and therefore the worlds breadbasket, making it the most prosperous land in the world of Naruto and therefore the most powerful nation by default; its just that clans like Hashirama and Uchiha being the most powerful won the land grab to get it first and thus perpetuate its strength, and thus their children are born in a environment where they have the time, safety and security to think about these ideas at all rather than more basic things like survival or security. Thus Konoha's strength is owed more to the surrounding land they inhabit than anything else, because without their economic prosperity their geniuses wouldn't have time to develop their abilities to the fullest, and might only be "genius" because of favoritism and the supports they have to maximize their potential, that again are only possible of prosperous stable arable land.

    All the other shinobi nations are: Suna/Land of Wind (is a desert) Iwa/Land of Stone (a different rockier desert) Kumo/Land of lightning (a range of mountains) or Kiri/Land of Water (Is a bunch of islands) or are minor nations like Amegakure in the Land of Rain. All the other nations simply don't have as prosperous or bountiful farmlands as the Land of Fire.
    My Fan Fiction:
    To Catch A Mew
    A Kalos based pokemon fan fic. Now up to Chapter 24!



  25. - Top - End - #1345
    Troll in the Playground
     
    GnomeWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2013

    Default Re: What's your favorite headcanon?

    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    I've got a one.

    Predator's, from the film series Predator's, aren't the noble warrior race guys you'd expect from other sci fi. They're the same sort of people who go trophy hunting that we have here on Earth, and as such there are non violent predators as well.
    What Predator Greenpeace may look like

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Naruto:
    The only reason Konoha keeps producing all these ninja geniuses with grand philosophical ideas about how to make the world a better place is because of its geography. its in the Land of Fire, with the most arable land of all the shinobi nations and therefore the worlds breadbasket, making it the most prosperous land in the world of Naruto and therefore the most powerful nation by default; its just that clans like Hashirama and Uchiha being the most powerful won the land grab to get it first and thus perpetuate its strength, and thus their children are born in a environment where they have the time, safety and security to think about these ideas at all rather than more basic things like survival or security. Thus Konoha's strength is owed more to the surrounding land they inhabit than anything else, because without their economic prosperity their geniuses wouldn't have time to develop their abilities to the fullest, and might only be "genius" because of favoritism and the supports they have to maximize their potential, that again are only possible of prosperous stable arable land.

    All the other shinobi nations are: Suna/Land of Wind (is a desert) Iwa/Land of Stone (a different rockier desert) Kumo/Land of lightning (a range of mountains) or Kiri/Land of Water (Is a bunch of islands) or are minor nations like Amegakure in the Land of Rain. All the other nations simply don't have as prosperous or bountiful farmlands as the Land of Fire.
    This theory is supported by what we see of the Land of Water in Boruto. Now that the constant warfare has stopped, the country can finally develop a tourist trade. The huge boost in economy means that they're starting to surpass the Land of Fire in prosperity for the first time ever.

  26. - Top - End - #1346
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Son of A Lich!'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2018

    Default Re: What's your favorite headcanon?

    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    I've got a one.

    Predator's, from the film series Predator's, aren't the noble warrior race guys you'd expect from other sci fi. They're the same sort of people who go trophy hunting that we have here on Earth, and as such there are non violent predators as well.
    oh, my gods...

    I want to see a re-dub of all the predator movies with deep thick Appalachian and southern accents Goin' round and gettin' em Good Gits cross the Uni-versed!

    "COME GET ME! I'M RIGHT HERE!" Arnold

    "Oh, Phooey... yer a craftly lil some such ain't ya?..." Predator
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    English: so broken, you technically cannot use it wrong.
    Grey Wolf

  27. - Top - End - #1347
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: What's your favorite headcanon?

    Quote Originally Posted by Son of A Lich! View Post
    oh, my gods...

    I want to see a re-dub of all the predator movies with deep thick Appalachian and southern accents Goin' round and gettin' em Good Gits cross the Uni-versed!

    "COME GET ME! I'M RIGHT HERE!" Arnold

    "Oh, Phooey... yer a craftly lil some such ain't ya?..." Predator
    It works better if you take SOME of the silly world building ideas they did put into Predator the franchise in as well. Predator 1 is this old guy using "low tech" (because for these dumbass alien hicks, a shoulder cannon is low tech) who is probably like a dentist in his civilian life, who's come to hunt the dangerous men the "traditional way", whereas Predator 2 is some young pup (probably the son of a politician) going out with every high tech thing that he has to join his dad's country club and when Danny Glover kills his stupid ass they have an awkward sideways glance conversation about what to actually do.

    It's great, it's the absolute best.


    Corvo-Zodi by Cuthalion. I'm not a murderer, I'm a good person! *kills everyone*
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August. No Regrets.

  28. - Top - End - #1348
    Librarian in the Playground Moderator
     
    Mark Hall's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: What's your favorite headcanon?

    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    I've got a one.

    Predator's, from the film series Predator's, aren't the noble warrior race guys you'd expect from other sci fi. They're the same sort of people who go trophy hunting that we have here on Earth, and as such there are non violent predators as well.
    The Predator as "Tucker and Dale v. Evil"
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    *Savage Scrolls: A Savage Worlds/Elder Scrolls Conversion
    *The One Deck Engine: Gaming on a budget
    Avatar is from local user Mehangel
    Written by Me on DriveThru RPG
    If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.

  29. - Top - End - #1349
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    NovenFromTheSun's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Lakewood, Colorado
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: What's your favorite headcanon?

    Phantom Brave:

    I don’t really have an explanation for how, but I like the idea of Walnut being Scarlet’s offspring.

    The background vocals in some of the songs come from the phantoms.
    I imagine Elminster's standard day begins like "Wake up, exit my completely impenetrable, spell-proofed bedroom to go to the bathroom, kill the inevitable 3 balors waiting there, brush my teeth, have a wizard fight with the archlich hiding in the shower, use the toilet..."
    -Waterdeep Merch.

    Laphicet avatar by linklele.

  30. - Top - End - #1350
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGirl

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Why am I here?

    Default Re: What's your favorite headcanon?

    Johnny Cage is descended from Kratos. In MKX, it is explained he gets his random god-clobbering powers from ancestors in a 'Mediterranean war cult'. Kratos was from the Mediterranean. Kratos was a war god. Kratos plausibly had a cult. Kratos clobbered gods.

    I guess they had a lot of fun with Kratos' cameo in MK9.
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrocorus View Post
    This thread, Questions that can't be answered... Answered by RAW by No brains, is Epic.
    Quote Originally Posted by illyahr View Post
    That is so stupid it's hilarious.
    Quote Originally Posted by georgie_leech View Post
    ...I've clearly been playing D&D for too long, because that made a demented kind of sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by that_one_kobold View Post
    And this is why I love D&D

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •