New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Orc in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Re: Fallout 1: Global Thermonuclear War

I don't see how swapping a vote off of a called out mason takes any 'cojones' at all. Hell, I switched my vote as soon as I got your pm where you said:
    Switch vote, please. All the wolves are trying to kill Phantom, you're the last remaining villager.
    Sorry I didn't wake up early enough to be the first person to jump off the mason wagon.

I really don't want us to lose because Murska makes the wrong call over an obvious day to change votes when we are LYLO unless one of the stated wolf roles isn't in the game.
    Last edited by Thematthew; 2017-03-26 at 03:02 PM.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Titan in the Playground

Thematthew, as Murska says.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by flat_footed View Post
    Generic-Guy has been imprisoned for life. He was a Resident.
    Kish has been voided.
    @flat_footed: would something like this happen with the Zar Peter/Thematthew tie? (One is lynched and the other is voided?)

4. - Top - End - #244
    Alchemist in the Playground Moderator

Screams of rage echoed through the corridors as the residents searched through the vault. Yet again, a chance to bring a sense of peace and stability was destroyed by the influence of the Overseer. There was no doubt that the person responsible for firing the latest shot would be found, or at the very least, someone made to pay for their actions. A cry of discovery as a door is broken open to find a resident hiding within. He is dragged out kicking and screaming, unable to resist those driven half mad with their anger. A similar cry of surprise comes from down a hallway as a second resident is found.

The two prisoners are bound and forced to kneel, with the other residents standing over them. Both wisely hold their tongues, unwilling to draw ire into themselves and away from the other.

"One of you is guilty!" The cry came out like a shot, prompting a hasty response from one of the pair.
    "I am innocent!" Zar Peter's eyes stare wide at those around him, begging for their mercy.
    "Shut it you whelp!" Thematthew glares at Zar Peter beside him. "Admit your evil doings and be done with it."

Murska, Libro and Ramsus exchange meaningful looks before staring intently at Zar Peter. His eyes dart back and forth between the three.

"Have you betrayed us?" The simple question comes quietly, belying the gravity of the situation.
    "..I- No! I haven't betrayed anyone!!" That slight hesitation, the quick intake of air before answering, sealed Zar Peter's fate. The three standing residents quickly moved from judge and jury, to executioner. "NO!!"

Blows rain down upon him, a series of punches and kicks brought about by the pain of loss. Thematthew is able to wriggle free of his bindings during the violence and race away from the macabre scene.

Zar Peter has been killed. He was a Resident.

Thematthew has been voided.

When Zar Peter finally lay still, Murska motioned to the body. "The gun must be on him. He didn't have enough time to ditch it before we found him."

Looking at each other with uncertainty, Ramsus and Libro delicately set about searching the body. Both look helplessly at Murska when the search turns up nothing. Murska's face drops. "This can't be right. It can't be! He was lying to us! Hiding his betrayal. You both saw his face!" Murska stares at the corpse, wringing his hands, face contorting. "I'll prove it!"

Murska shoves both Libro and Ramsus aside and begins to tear at Zar Peter's clothes. Fabric tears in his frantic search, but despite his desire otherwise, no weapon is to be found. Whatever this man's crimes, murder did not seem to be one of them. "I refuse to believe we could have been so wrong!" Murska shakes his head and slowly walks out of the room, rubbing his temples.

Ramsus and Libro look at each other, and then the body. Both men sigh heavily and bend to dispose of yet another casualty. As Zar Peter's arm shifts, a metallic tinkle draws both their attention. A small key seems to have slipped from a hidden patch of fabric, rent by Murska's feverish search. Libro bends down and holds it up for Ramsus to see.

"Do you think?" Ramsus tries to remember where Zar Peter's room is.
    "I think we ought to at least check, right?" Libro's thoughts align with Ramsus's.

The two men take their time, both unable to precisely recall where exactly Zar Peter's quarters were. They were forced to simply try every locked door they came across and trust in blind luck. Eventually, a lock turned easily to the key. The men gingerly swung the door open fully, fearing a trap. Taking the first steps into the room, the men stare open mouthed at what surrounds them.

Tools, parts and schematics lie haphazardly everywhere. Files and boxes with the Vault-Tec logo line the walls, and while they do not find weapons, they spot something far more sinister. The names from all those who entered the vault are listed on the sides of these boxes. Inside, is a detailed manifest of that person. Their past, jobs, families, loves, fears and even a chart forecasting their anticipated behaviors. Each of their lives had been quantified and reduced to a smattering of data.

"What do you think this all means?" Libro gestures to the paperwork around them.
    "I don't know. We may never know what Zar Peter truly was doing with all of this." Ramsus slams a fist against the Vault-Tec logo on one of the boxes. "But whatever it was, Vault-Tec wanted to keep him one step ahead of everyone else."

Zar Peter is revealed to be the Vault-Tec Operative.

Begin Night 7
    Last edited by flat_footed; 2017-03-28 at 03:51 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee
    I vote we purge flat_footed.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    flat_footed, you saved London, you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli
    Yeah Flat_footed is such a killjoy. Let's take turns talking bad about him, he'll never read this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    I didn't kill anyone, except I guess I killed everyone
    Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    flat_footed

Extended Signature

5. - Top - End - #245

It was a long night.

The final four residents sat together, eyeing each other with suspicion. Trust only extended as far as they could see, and every movement was met with glares. There was a killer among them, but no one wants to throw the first accusation for fear of uniting the others against them. The minutes dragged on, with small talk fading away as often as it's attempted. Yawns break the silence every so often, seemingly the only thing the four share in common outside their mutual distrust.

As tired and haggard as it made them all, the strategy worked. No more lives were lost this night. A faint hiss announces the beginning of a new day, though there seems to be nothing being announced.

Begin Day 8.
    Show
    Yeah Flat_footed is such a killjoy. Let's take turns talking bad about him, he'll never read this.
    flat_footed

Extended Signature

6. - Top - End - #246
    Titan in the Playground

I'll be voting for Thematthew.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Orc in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Obviously I'm voting for Libro.
    Internet access is consistent now, but I'm about 17 hours ahead of PST these days.

8. - Top - End - #248

Thematthew. You were voided and there was no night kill, ergo you are most likely to be the last wolf.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Troll in the Playground

Technically, were I the last wolf, I'd not send a nightkill either for this exact reason.

However, Ramsus and Libro have been scried as Residents.

TheMatthew.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

10. - Top - End - #250

Thematthew took deep, gulping breaths. He didn't understand it, but the three others had allied themselves against him. Something about the others' Pip-Boys accounting for their locations when other people died. He scoffed to himself, cursing the man who had secretly input tracking software into the Vault-Tec technology. Pounding footsteps echoed through the corridors, and Thematthew gripped his pipe tightly before quietly moving away from the loudest echoes. Gotta stay quiet until they split up. Then I'll be able to take one out of the fight and hopefully persuade the others to abandon the hunt.

A shout jars Thematthew from his inner thoughts as he sees the three running at him. "Ya don't want none of this!" he cried, tearing in the opposite direction. "I'm innocent, dammit!" he added as an afterthought. It wasn't hard to lose the pursuit in the maze of corridors, though if they didn't split soon his flagging energy would fail him. An idea struck Thematthew and a grin split his face as he dashed off.

"Where'd he go?" Libro was bent double, barely able to remain standing. His body shook with the effort of forcing oxygen into his lungs. "He can't think this will work forever."
    "He can't hide forever." Murska looked at the other two and offered them a supportive nod. "It's three against one, and he doesn't have his toy anymore."
    Ramsus hefts a wicked looking gun with both hands and grins. "Be a nasty shock for him when he figures out that we found it."

Thematthew slid around a corner and passed quickly into the mess hall, and from there into the pantry. "They told me this was a stupid idea. Well, Mr. Overseer, who's laughing now! I knew when that mutt bit it this would be the perfect hiding spot." Thematthew triumphantly rips the lid off of the dog food to find nothing. His smile drops and his face grows ashen. He doesn't even bother turning around as footsteps cautiously approach from behind.

"Don't move! Turn around!" Murska calls a warning out to Thematthew.
    "How can I turn around if I can't move, wise guy?" Thematthew spits a sarcastic reply and spits on the ground. "The Overseer should have thrown the lot of you through the grinder before this little uprising of yours. You're little more than cattle to us anyways. Workhorses, meant to be worked to death for the greater good."
    Ramsus glares at Thematthew. "How about you turn around and face your fate like a man?"
    "Too honorable to fight a man from the back?" Thematthew laughs.
    "Turn around you monster!" Ramsus brings the large gun to bear and aims well above Thematthew, intending on scaring him. The words Fat Man catch his eye as a small missile, not a bullet, erupts from the gun.

A massive explosion rocks the Vault, and a miniature mushroom cloud vaporizes both Thematthew and the pantry. The force of the blast lifts Murska, Ramsus and Libro off their feet and throws them outside of the mess hall. All three of their faces shine beet red, given an instant sunburn from the nuclear explosion. Warning klaxons whine over the intercom and emergency lights flash in every corridor.

Thematthew has been vaporized. He was the Security Officer.

All of the wolves have been killed. The Residents win!
    Show
    flat_footed

Extended Signature

11. - Top - End - #251
    Colossus in the Playground

Well done, town.

I have no objections to sharing the wolf QT.

12. - Top - End - #252

PirateGuy

So, uh, do I still get the money even though you guys didn't end up going all the way?

13. - Top - End - #253
    Titan in the Playground

lol 3 survivors in a food-less irradiated bunker. Yup. VICTORY!

14. - Top - End - #254

Yay.

Murska, if you had been the security officer by some insane quirk of fate I would've screamed loud enough to wake the dead.

Also, Ramsus, I believe only the dog food was gone. If I am correct, it vanished about the same time as Edmund did...

15. - Top - End - #255
    Orc in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

I messed up when I got busy for my trip. I meant to switch my vote from ZP to myself so there would have been a chance.
    Internet access is consistent now, but I'm about 17 hours ahead of PST these days.

16. - Top - End - #256

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    lol 3 survivors in a food-less irradiated bunker. Yup. VICTORY!
    There's an epilogue coming.

Also, trophies/awards.
    Last edited by flat_footed; 2017-04-04 at 01:39 AM. Reason: Pro vs. Epi
    Show
    flat_footed

Extended Signature

17. - Top - End - #257
    Ogre in the Playground

I went down knowing fully that Kish was the Security chief. Murska even warned me to move my vote. I stubbornly refused, saying that if I did, then it would look fishy, and town probably loses the seer, rather than the 1 in how-ever-many-voted-for-him chance that he takes me out.

The day Bobb died, I managed to randomly get ahold of the morning announcement box from him. I had a couple of bad drafts for morning announcements. I'll share the QT if Bobb and Thematthew agree to do so.

I'm curious, flat_footed, how was the G.O.A.T. technician supposed to work, since you told Libro he was the fool right off the bat?

Vault-Boy Technician QT
    Last edited by Logic; 2017-04-04 at 11:00 AM. Reason: added dashes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by bosssmiley View Post
    You altruistic weirdo you!
    Discord: Spacecamp-Logic-Yako
    Former Avatar by Ceika, which I have long since lost a copy of.

18. - Top - End - #258

PirateGuy

Go for it Logic.

I wish I had decided to post a lynch order night zero over the intercom. Would have had something to talk about instead of just jumping at shadows.

That could have helped town while keeping the reputation of the announcer from increasing, since odds were it would end up in scum hands eventually.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Titan in the Playground

Nice to know all that maintenance work wasn't for nothing!
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

20. - Top - End - #260
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thematthew View Post
    I messed up when I got busy for my trip. I meant to switch my vote from ZP to myself so there would have been a chance.
    From my opinion the only chance would have been that I survive the draw and then claim that Libro is the vault-tech operative. But with me dead and this role visibly gone it was pretty much the end for us.
    Avatar by the great Lord Herman. Many, many thanks!
    Empress Catherine by Dr. Bath!
    Castaras made the PiratZarrrrr. Thank you very much!
    Special thanks to Banjo1985 for the Catstronomer.

Squid Bones: They exist!

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #261
    Ogre in the Playground

The Morning Announcer.

By the way, did you still mean to give us an epilogue?
    Last edited by Logic; 2017-04-11 at 08:54 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by bosssmiley View Post
    You altruistic weirdo you!
    Discord: Spacecamp-Logic-Yako
    Former Avatar by Ceika, which I have long since lost a copy of.

22. - Top - End - #262

Yes, as well as the awards. Hopefully I'll be able to get those out this weekend, but work/RL has been pretty demanding the past month or so.
    Show
    flat_footed

Extended Signature