New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground

Default I forget, is OOTS heading north to stop Durkon, or to stop Xykon?

I only check the strip once a week, so I've lost track of why they're going.

Thanks!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: I forget, is OOTS heading north to stop Durkon, or to stop Xykon?

They're going north to try and prevent Durkula from suborning the Dwarven leaders into voting for the end of the world, because that would break the deadlock back at the Godsmoot (thanks to the one demigod who's waiting on that vote to choose how to place *his* vote) and lead to the world being destroyed so the Snarl's prison can be remade. Since they know for a fact Durkula can end the world, whereas they're not sure about Xykon, he takes priority.

3. - Top - End - #3

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    They're going north to try and prevent Durkula from suborning the Dwarven leaders into voting for the end of the world, because that would break the deadlock back at the Godsmoot (thanks to the one demigod who's waiting on that vote to choose how to place *his* vote) and lead to the world being destroyed so the Snarl's prison can be remade. Since they know for a fact Durkula can end the world, whereas they're not sure about Xykon, he takes priority.
    Thanks for the summary!

4. - Top - End - #4

Except they were already heading north to deal with Xykon. So the true answer to your question is "Yes".

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

Technically both.
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #6

My version is more Kosh-y.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    My version is more Kosh-y.
    In retrospect, they could have saved a lot of time and trouble by asking Durkula "who are you?" over and over.
    Spoiler: Worst PC Concept Ever
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhaegar14 View Post
    I came up with a master ninja with a robotic arm that is simultaneously both a vampire and a werewolf. He is the first of his clan in a thousand years to master the Warp Blade technique, which allows him to bend space-time to his will. So in addition to being a cyborg werewolf vampire ninja, he's also a time traveler and functionally immortal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Milodiah View Post
    ...kinda sounds like Samuel Haight got sent to the world of Rifts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    And we have a new winner!

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Originally it was to stop Xykon, and now they're trying to stop Durkon* from destroying the world (and incidentally stopping Xykon), so that they can stop Xykon in a somewhat less catastrophic form.

Peelee’s Lotsey

9. - Top - End - #9
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Zyzzyva View Post
    In retrospect, they could have saved a lot of time and trouble by asking Durkula "who are you?" over and over.
    Just a simple "What do you want?" would have worked
    Not "fire at". I never used the word "at"
    GENERATION ω+1: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment. Remember, ω + 1 comes after ω.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by keybounce View Post
    Just a simple "What do you want?" would have worked
    Because a lawful evil vampire can't lie.

11. - Top - End - #11

EvilClericGuy

To stop Durkula