New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Default Archiving the D&D 3.5 Archives: Consolidation efforts for posterity

Archiving the D&D 3.5 Archives: Consolidation efforts for posterity

I Hit the character limit in the List of obscure first party sources and so I moved this here. The plan is to try to get everything neatly collected. But some stuff is already totally gone. For example, some materials on "Realms by Night" is no longer accessible on Wizards server, although you can find it mirrored on a dedicated forgotten realms page. I can't post that one here due to that as it might be a breach of terms of OGL service. Sorry. Here is what I have so far.

The plan is to eventually sift the materials along a fluff/crunch axis and by subsetting. But for now, it's just gonna be a big ugly list. Red entries are ones that I need to go back and be a completist about later.

GENERIC
    Update: I just compiled the Far Corners of the World Archives into a single pdf - It's available here: Consolidated Far Corners of the World Archives
    Update: I just compiled the Fey features Archives into a single pdf - It's available Here: Consolidated Fey Features Archives
    Update: I just compiled the Mind's Eye Archive into a single pdf. It's available here: Consolidated Mind's Eye Archive
    Update: I just compiled the Steal this Hook Archive into a single pdf. It's available here: Consolidated Steal this Hook Archive
    Update: I just compiled the Random Encounters Archive into a single pdf. It's available here: Consolidated Random encounters archive

REALMS

Update: I just compiled the worms of the north archive into a single PDF. It's available here: Consolidated Wyrms of the North
    Update: I just compiled the Magic Books of Faerun Archive into a single PDF - It's available here: Consolidated Magic Books of Faerun
    Update: I just compiled the Adventure Locales Archive into a single PDF - It's available here: Consolidated Adventure Locales.
    Update: I just compiled the Class Chronicles Archive into a single PDF - It's available here: Consolidated Class Chronicles
    Update: I just compiled the Realms personalities Archives into a single pdf. It's available here: Consolidated Realms Personalities Archive
    Update: I just compiled the Realms Lore with crunch mechanics into a single pdf. It's available here: Realms Lore Crunch
    Update: I just compiled the Minitper's Chapbook Archive into a single pdf, although you could just download your own version of #10, (the most recent entry) for a recap of the new materials introduced therein. It's available here: Consolidated (for some OCD reason) Minitper's Chapbook Archives
    Update: I just compiled the Perilous Gateways Archive into a single giant pdf. It's available here: Consolidated Perilous Gateways Archive
    Update: I just compiled the Rand's Travelogue Archive into a single pdf. It's available here: Consolidated Rand's Travelogue Archive
    Update: Elminister Speaks Archive is compiled here and mirrored HERE
    Update: Circles of Vehlarr is 2nd edition, and has been removed from the archive.
    Update: The Realms by Night archive is full of broken links and you'll need to google the pages individually to access their content. Sorry.

What's left?:
    Border Kingdoms Archive, Return to Undermountain Archive, Waterdeep News Archive, and the Unabridged Realms Lore Archive, green regent archive

EBERRON
    Update: I just compiled the Gearing up for Eberron Archive into a single pdf. It's available here: Consolidated Gearing up for Eberron Archive
    Update: I just compiled the Sharn Inquisitive Archive into a single pdf. It's available here: Consolidated Sharn Inquisitive Archive
    Update: I just compiled the Adventure Seeds Archive (Lots of Fluff- little Crunch) and the Living Spells Archive into a single PDF - It's available here: Consolidated Adventure Seeds/Living Spells
    Update: I just Compiled the Dragonshards archive into a single PDF - It's available here: Consolidated Dragonshards.
    Update: I just compiled the Eberron Expanded Archive into a single pdf - It's available here: Consolidated Eberron Expanded
    Update: I Just compiled the the Eberron Under Glass Archives into a single pdf. I suspect that Eberron Under Glass doesn't have any game materials, but I might be wrong. It's available here: Consolidated Eberron Under Glass Archives
    Update: I just compiled the Eberron's Clockwork Wonders into a single PDF - It's Available here: Consolidated Clockwork Wonders
    Update: I just compiled the Expeditionary dispatch Archives into a single pdf - It's available here: Consolidated Expeditionary Dispatch Archives

What's left?: Xendric Expeditions, & Mark of Heroes

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Default Re: Archiving the D&D 3.5 Archives: Consolidation efforts for posterity

saved in case I need it.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

This one is also saved, just in case I need it.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

It's worth mentioning that we also have some community backups of the old (now deleted) forums, as well as several Dropbox mirrors of the WotC web content in the Index of 3.X WotC Threads.

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here. This is the War Room!" – Kubrick, "Dr. Strangelove"
    I do still exist. I'm active on discord. Priestess of Neptune#8648

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Thanks Giles!

I have added gearing up for eberron and the sharn inquisitive archives.

Question:
    What is the best format for the mark of heroes or xendric expeditions archives. They are so robust!...and kinda pointless to save...I guess there is a lot of good fluff around the caldyn fragments...

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

I wouldn't say they're pointless—I mean, I understand those adventures are relatively rare nowadays, but if you have them, then you could totally still play them, and all the stuff in those web articles would totally be useful.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Troacctid View Post
    I wouldn't say they're pointless—I mean, I understand those adventures are relatively rare nowadays, but if you have them, then you could totally still play them, and all the stuff in those web articles would totally be useful.
    True. I'll do them last. I'm finding a bunch of uncategorized stuff on the forgotten realms archive that doesn't fit into discrete features, Like this halfling pepper spitting techinique:

Ursuma Pepper Powder: This powder is ground from very hot peppers imported from Chondath and mixed with a secret alchemical substance. When put in a person's mouth, the user takes 1 point of subdual damage. One round later, the pepper powder can be spat into a foe's eyes. If the spitter hits with a ranged touch attack (10-foot range increment), the recipient must succeed at a Fortitude save (DC 13) or take 1d6 points of subdual damage and be blinded for 1d6 rounds. "Spitting" is considered an exotic weapon. Unless proficient, spitters suffer the standard -4 penalty to spit attacks with Ursuma pepper powder. Ursuma pepper powder is not sold, and therefore has no price. Its weight is negligible.
    or these saurials! or the master harper

Plus there are all of the art pages. I'll finish up getting the rest of the generic setting materials put up, then we can make a master list to the gaming materials a la the archive of obscure 1st party sources so a person knows where to look for stuff.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

I did some digging, and I actually managed to find some of the old RPGA adventures archived on the old Wizards Community site, so I was curious to see what that Xen'drik Expeditions and Mark of Heroes stuff was about. Turns out they're not included, though. It's pretty much all 4e stuff AFAICT.
    Last edited by Troacctid; 2017-02-28 at 10:50 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground

I appreciate that you are making cleaned up PDFs of the old web archives! Thank you.

When I saved pretty much the entire 3.5 section of the site, it was all html files so it is rather messy.
    Plus, unless one is or was familiar with the structure of the articles, then it is hard to find anything useful in my archive, despite the completeness of it.
    Arukibito ga michi wo erabu no ka, michi ga arukibito wo erabu no deshyo ka?

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

MonkGuy

Thanks for your effort.

And once again I feel the need for a sticky thread with links to all the guides, archives and handbooks we have accumulated so far.
    This would be a great help for everyone (PC & DM). Especially for newbies and yeah we are still constantly getting new members here. The last big push was due to the reddit revolt.

We need an Index thread with all the interesting links so that all the created contend doesn't go to waste because nobody finds it.

If any mod should read this, a respond would be very nice.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by GilesTheCleric View Post
    It's worth mentioning that we also have some community backups of the old (now deleted) forums, as well as several Dropbox mirrors of the WotC web content in the Index of 3.X WotC Threads.
    I didn't see it listed but I must ask, has anybody got a copy of the old new layers of the abyss thread?
    Last edited by Bohandas; 2023-09-13 at 09:04 AM.
    "If you want to understand biology don't think about vibrant throbbing gels and oozes, think about information technology" -Richard Dawkins

Omegaupdate Forum

WoTC Forums Archive + Indexing Projext

PostImage, a free and sensible alternative to Photobucket

Temple+ Modding Project for Atari's Temple of Elemental Evil

Morrus' RPG Forum (EN World v2)

12. - Top - End - #12
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gruftzwerg View Post
    Thanks for your effort.

And once again I feel the need for a sticky thread with links to all the guides, archives and handbooks we have accumulated so far.
    This would be a great help for everyone (PC & DM). Especially for newbies and yeah we are still constantly getting new members here. The last big push was due to the reddit revolt.

We need an Index thread with all the interesting links so that all the created contend doesn't go to waste because nobody finds it.

I know that the minmaxforums group has a handbook section of their forum for exactly that sort of thing.
    Arukibito ga michi wo erabu no ka, michi ga arukibito wo erabu no deshyo ka?

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Gruftzwerg View Post

We have WeaselGuy's work, but since it's not maintained (I have sent a PM to add more handbooks that weren't added), it acts more like an archive than a living index. And yeah, it's also not sticky.
    Last edited by Beni-Kujaku; 2023-09-22 at 09:15 AM.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Orc in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Is anyone else having trouble following the OP's links? All I get is a sign-on screen for Google, that tells me I do not have rights once I do log in.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Quote Originally Posted by Skysaber View Post
    Is anyone else having trouble following the OP's links? All I get is a sign-on screen for Google, that tells me I do not have rights once I do log in.
    Same here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darths & Droids
    When you combine the two most devious, sneaky, manipulative, underhanded, cunning, and diabolical forces in the known universe, the consequences can be world-shattering. Those forces are, of course, players and GMs.
    Optimization Trophies

Looking for a finished webcomic to read, or want to recommend one to others? Check out my Completed Webcomics You'd Recommend II thread!

Or perhaps you want something Halloweeny for the season? Halloween Webcomics II

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Here’s the issue.

Google apparently has a time limit on links. This means that there are oodles of individual pdfs that need to be updated. I’ve been granting permission via my email when people request but I’ve been dodging my emails because money and time is so tight that it’s all a giant stress morass. So if you requested a pdf, I probably missed it.

Access to the entire folder is here: link

17. - Top - End - #17
    Orc in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Thank you.

It is a great resource, and thanks for all of the effort that went into creating it. I've already downloaded it all.

However, as I was reading through the Mintiper's Chapbook collection, I couldn't help but notice that both sections 6 and 10 appear to be missing.

Were you aware of this? Or were they left out for content reasons?