My original is interested.
    Spoiler
    Show

PsyBlade, Ayna, and Baiyan by GryffonDurime

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: A life of Crime [M&M 2nd ed]

Doubletalk smiled pleasantly. "Very much so, Mr. Frost."

On the inside, though, Doubletalk was impressed with how well things had come together. He had shied away from dealing with Frost's network in the past; the man was too well established and he was too new to pose a threat. But now that he was on the inside...

"I think we can look forward to a bountiful future together."

3. - Top - End - #153
    Dwarf in the Playground

Frost hardly seems fazed as one of Cubit's duplicates disappears. "Very well then. Mr. Feng, you know what to do." Mr. Feng nods, speaking into a commlink. Soon two men wearing dark, urban camo-clothing enter the warehouse and begin moving Mage Bane for transport.

Mr. Feng then goes to one of the crates and removes one side of the box, revealing a keyboard. He enters a code and steps back, replacing the cover as a staircase is revealed in the ground. "If you'll follow me, I'll show you the safehouse."
    Awesome Eagle Owl by Abardam.
    Looking for a player for a M&M game? Drop me a PM.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ettin in the Playground

Doubletalk followed Mr. Feng down the stairs. If he caught a glimpse of the password, he committed it to memory.

"Tell me, Mr. Feng, how long have you worked for Mr. Frost?"

5. - Top - End - #155
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Cubit copy follows, and stays silent for the time being.
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #156
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mr. Feng glances over his shoulder at Doubletalk, raising an eyebrow as he leads the way down. "I've been working for him for years now, from almost the start, why?" The stairs continue spiralling some 20 feet directly downwards, before coming to a stop in a wide, open hall. "There are living quarters to the right and a workshop complete with a computer-system for monitoring information in the outside-world as well as the cameras located around the safe-house. The garage is down the hall, the tunnel comes out of a second building a couple of blocks away."

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ettin in the Playground

"Well, I was wondering about the sort of employer Mr. Frost is, and since you're obviously a very trusted member of his team, I thought you'd be the most knowledgeable"

Doubletalk turns on the charm. While Mr. Feng was obviously loyal, being on good terms with Jack's employees couldn't hurt.

((I'll use Diplomacy on Mr. Feng))

8. - Top - End - #158
    Bugbear in the Playground

ZACH follows Doubletalk, and therefore Mr. Feng quietly, but soon pipes up with a question.

"I am interested as well, but I have a query. If I finish a job, instead of any kind of money, could Mr. Frost arrange to have technicians work on me, even upgrade me? Of course, if you try to dispose of me the same way you did the magical one, I am sorry to tell you, but you. Will. Fail. Indeed, what reason would you have to dispose of someone who would be loyal to your employer?"

At the end of his speech, ZACH falls silent once more, steadily clomping after Doubletalk again.
    Rational Goblin Avatar by C-Lam. Thanks!

Ixtlan, World of Exploration, my campaign setting. Currently on hiatus.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Dwarf in the Playground

Feng simply nods to Doubletalk, with no apparent change in his demeanor. "I understand. Although this is a cutthroat business, Mr. Frost is a gracious employer who rewards well those who show him loyalty."

"I'm sure it can be arranged. The techies are itching to take you a part and see wether they can't improve you as is, it's mostly just a question of getting them to put their new toy back together." Mr. Feng seems incredulous for a moment, the first real crack in the polite face he's been presenting to during the meeting. "You think we carted the construct away to tear him apart? Though I admit there could be some money to be made from his more, exotic, components, having a capable enforcer like him outweighs any monetary gain by far."
    Last edited by Blackbird; 2008-03-09 at 07:59 AM.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Dwarf in the Playground

"I suggest you lay low here for a couple of days until the heat dies down. Mr. Frost has a job for you and it wouldn't do to have you get caught by the authorities before you can even attempt your mission. If that is all then I will take my leave." Feng bows to the gathered villains before heading up the stairs.

((This is essentially the end of the first adventure or issue of the story. Villain points will be replenished when the next issue begins. If you have stuff you want to rp, feel free to go ahead, otherwise I'll skip ahead a couple of days of ingame time to move things along.))

11. - Top - End - #161
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird View Post
    "I suggest you lay low here for a couple of days until the heat dies down. Mr. Frost has a job for you and it wouldn't do to have you get caught by the authorities before you can even attempt your mission. If that is all then I will take my leave." Feng bows to the gathered villains before heading up the stairs.

((This is essentially the end of the first adventure or issue of the story. Villain points will be replenished when the next issue begins. If you have stuff you want to rp, feel free to go ahead, otherwise I'll skip ahead a couple of days of ingame time to move things along.))
    (OOC: Alright, good. But don't we get extra power points as a reward? Oh, and h_v and I aren't nearly enough to play the game all by ourselves. I say you should start a new recruiting thread for some new blood to play our game. If we get power points, I'll do one little thing I want to rp, but if we don't, then we can just move on.)
    Rational Goblin Avatar by C-Lam. Thanks!

Ixtlan, World of Exploration, my campaign setting. Currently on hiatus.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Dwarf in the Playground

ooc: I'm still in.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #163
    Dwarf in the Playground

((Getting one or two new people is probably a good idea, although three would probably be enough as well. 2 pps all around, I'll get to recruiting soonish.))