New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #631

Default Re: Ducktales (2017)

I just realized these two episodes probably happen at the same time. Each triplet is off doing something different with another person, and the only one who shows up in both episodes is Scrooge, and that barely.

2. - Top - End - #632
    Ettin in the Playground

So it finally hit me what is so weird about the rest of Season 2 trailer I posted a month ago.

It is Louie being a Cat. Have we seen Cats in the Ducktale world before? We have probably seem some Anthropomorphic Big Cats in Cape Suzette, but I can't remember any house cats in the Ducktales universe before.

Simultaneously at the same time most of the Anthropomorphic creatures of Ducktales are mostly some form of Bird / Fowl and thus look like Cartoon Anthropomorphic Creatures or they have Cartoon Feathers. Thus seeing cartoon fur on a house cat Huey is just weird from a setting perspective. It feels like it does not belong in a very "alien" kind of way.
    Stupendous Man drawn by Linklele

3. - Top - End - #633
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Spoiler: HBDD
    Show
    I like that Webby and her friends fighting a giant werewolf is normal for Scrooge.
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is hardly the first time or the only way that they've suggested that adventure and craziness is a normal Tuesday in Duckberg. This one was a particular dry take on the concept.

What it reinforces, however, is that Scrooge has a 6th sense about even the smallest threat to his wealth. He knew Goldie was there because she was busy finding his loose change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    It would have been awesome if the writers had put as much thought into it as you guys do.
    The laws of physics are not crying in a corner, they are bawling in the forums.

Thanks to half-halfling for the avatar

4. - Top - End - #634

That has to be the trippiest thing Disney has done since the pink elephants in Dumbo.

5. - Top - End - #635
    Barbarian in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

I can't believe they got the music wrong in "Whatever Happened to Donald Duck". The Blue Danube Waltz is for docking maneuvers. Thus Spoke Zarathustra is for blasting off.
    'F' is the fire that rains from the Sky
    'U' for Uranium, BOMB!
    'N' is for No Survivors...

6. - Top - End - #636

Well, somebody finally managed to call Louie on the s+++ he pulls.

7. - Top - End - #637
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: Timephoon!
    Show
    Any chance Louie will change his ways because the punishment will stick?
    It would have been awesome if the writers had put as much thought into it as you guys do.

8. - Top - End - #638

Spoiler
    Show
    Following episodes say no. Although I notice Magicka could write a check for a billion.

9. - Top - End - #639
    Bugbear in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Following episodes say no. Although I notice Magicka could write a check for a billion.

Spoiler: well . . .
    Show
    did you notice the currency of that Billion

Just watched Moonvasion via On Demand. I love how they tie in references to other episodes of the last season.

But the ending was foul.
    Last edited by archon_huskie; 2019-09-12 at 10:56 AM.
    If you find yourself watching Power Rangers and wonder how some characters got their powers and zords back for an anniversary episode, just assume they were restored off screen. They have 20+ seasons of team geniuses to call on.

10. - Top - End - #640

Quote Originally Posted by Reddish Mage View Post
    Spoiler: Timephoon!
    Show
    Any chance Louie will change his ways because the punishment will stick?
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm still sticking with my prediction of Louie pulling a scheme to get McDuck Industries back from Glomgold. That'll likely be his time for redemption.
    That's all I can think of, at any rate.

Quote Originally Posted by remetagross View Post
    All hail the mighty Strigon! One only has to ask, and one shall receive.

11. - Top - End - #641

I take it you're a couple episodes back?
    Spoiler: GlomTales
    Show

Glomgold forms a Evil Family, which Louie joins, then alters the scheme from "Kill Scrooge & Family" to "add everyone else's money to Glomgold's bank account so he wins". Followed by a pretty sweet Pulling a Louie move.

Spoiler: Richest Duck
    Show
    Louie refuses to give the money back, tries to live it up as the richest duck in the world, releases an Ancient Evil and crashes all of Scrooge's orbital defense satellites (!?!?!?!?) before giving all the money back to Scrooge to get out from under.

12. - Top - End - #642

Quote Originally Posted by archon_huskie View Post
    Spoiler: well . . .
    Show
    did you notice the currency of that Billion

Just watched Moonvasion via On Demand. I love how they tie in references to other episodes of the last season.

But the ending was foul.
    *golfclap*

So, is Penny sticking around?

13. - Top - End - #643

I take it you're a couple episodes back?
    Spoiler: GlomTales
    Show

Glomgold forms a Evil Family, which Louie joins, then alters the scheme from "Kill Scrooge & Family" to "add everyone else's money to Glomgold's bank account so he wins". Followed by a pretty sweet Pulling a Louie move.

Spoiler: Richest Duck
    Show
    Louie refuses to give the money back, tries to live it up as the richest duck in the world, releases an Ancient Evil and crashes all of Scrooge's orbital defense satellites (!?!?!?!?) before giving all the money back to Scrooge to get out from under.
    Caught up now; that's not too far off my original prediction!
    Didn't see the curse coming, though; I expected a 2-parter, where Louie's first betrayal (siding with Glomgold) closed the first episode, and he only pulled the bait-and-switch about 2/3 of the way through the second.

14. - Top - End - #644

But then you'd have the issue that the Execs would decide to show the second episode first, then wait a couple weeks for the first (which they've done with a couple other series).

15. - Top - End - #645

But then you'd have the issue that the Execs would decide to show the second episode first, then wait a couple weeks for the first (which they've done with a couple other series).
    Aw, phooey.
    Spoiler: In any case, regarding Moonvasion...
    Show
    Boy, an awful lot happened that episode Wilson Mouse was pretty great, as were a few of the other gags.
    Really, though, was anyone else getting serious Ace Combat vibes from that climax?

16. - Top - End - #646

Spoiler
    Show
    No, I was remembering an old NES game (1942) where you use your Lightning to strafe warships to blow up their turrets (including battleships' main battery).

17. - Top - End - #647
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Caught up now; that's not too far off my original prediction!
    Didn't see the curse coming, though; I expected a 2-parter, where Louie's first betrayal (siding with Glomgold) closed the first episode, and he only pulled the bait-and-switch about 2/3 of the way through the second.
    I thought it should be longer, but GlomTales is essentially a two-parter because ”The Richest Duck in the World” is not Scrooge, its Louie, a direct continuation of the events of GlomTales.

Now, things would be a lot more troublesome if they just made GlomTales “parts 1 and 2” and those aired in the wrong order or separated by many weeks. However, the fact we think that’s a problem suggests a bigger reason, that of executive meddling. Disney XD likely doesn’t want DuckTales doing long elaborate two parters in the middle of the season.

Another problem is that GlomTales could easily eclipse the Season 2 grand finale. I personally don’t care, I want to see a full length treatment where each of the returned villains get a whole segment to go after their arch rival of the cast! Let’s see Don Karnage go into a huge musical number and get to fight Dewey again on his own terms! I want to see that bleed into a segment where Magica takes on Lena, Beaks fights Gyro, Louie actually motivates the deception by taking on the family, including Della, and so on.

It would totally make it seem like the Moon Invasion was a pale (pun intended) encore, but it would be awesome.

18. - Top - End - #648

GreenSorcererElf

"Without the world, who would we larceny against?"
    Hah, I love it.
    I wonder if that's a deliberate call-back to The Tick's "You can't destroy the world, that's where I keep all my stuff!"?

Spoiler
    Show

I never liked the board of vultures guys anyway.
    So, who all is on the FOWL high council?
    Gandra Dee, Some frozen guy? Steel Beak(? from Darkwing Duck?), Funzo/living shadow, and Black Heron. I think the living shadow guy was from Darkwing Duck too?

I wonder if they were always planning on Funzo being the shadow guy, or if they just added it later. Considering that time in the Daytrip of Doom episode when the Beagle Boys replaced him, you'd think one of them would have noticed he wasn't a normal person.
    'U' for Uranium, BOMB!

19. - Top - End - #649
    Colossus in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    tha'ts not a living Shadow.

That's the Phantom Blot! A master thief who is Mickey Mouse's Archnemesis in a lot of Comic storylines. He's also appeared in the original Ducktales and shorts where he was the bad guy were a recurring feature on Mouse Works and the House of Mouse.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

20. - Top - End - #650

GreenSorcererElf

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    tha'ts not a living Shadow.

That's the Phantom Blot! A master thief who is Mickey Mouse's Archnemesis in a lot of Comic storylines. He's also appeared in the original Ducktales and shorts where he was the bad guy were a recurring feature on Mouse Works and the House of Mouse.
    OK, I knew I'd seen him before somewhere.
    'U' for Uranium, BOMB!

21. - Top - End - #651

The frozen guy is the villain from The Outlaw Scrooge McDuck. Also, I note that Black Heron hasn't fixed her arm yet.

22. - Top - End - #652
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: S2 End Last Scene
    Show
    The villains of FOWL are fully analyzed here.

Im wondering what people think of the vultures both before the big reveal and after they are shown to be the heads of F.O.W.L.
    Last edited by Reddish Mage; 2019-09-17 at 10:13 PM.

23. - Top - End - #653

Spoiler
    Show
    Beforehand, all they mattered was that someone was minding the store while Scrooge was wandering off wherever.

Afterwards, it makes a lot of sense. You can fund a sizeable criminal organization by underreporting profits or overstating costs on a firm as big as McDuck Enterprises, particularly when the boss is off adventuring somewhere.

24. - Top - End - #654

GreenSorcererElf

I finally figured out what Doofus Drake was calling his late, lamented grandmother: "Gimme, Mama". Which fits in with his personality perfectly.
    'U' for Uranium, BOMB!

25. - Top - End - #655

Yeah, it's amazing how they took a generic fat kid made to be the target of fat jokes and turned him into flat out the creepiest and possibly scariest character in this incarnation of duck media.

26. - Top - End - #656

EvilClericGuy

So there was a question about Scrooge that bugged me when watching the original Ducktales. Scrooge does not spend money on things he doesn't need. So why does he have a mansion with a dozen or so empty rooms? Wouldn't a two bedroom townhouse fit his spartan needs better? The current series has helped answer this question for me.

Della and Donald lived in the mansion as children. Also of note, The boys mention that Donald grew up with their Uncle Gladstone. And we are shown a flashback of them having breakfast together. Research of the comics shows that Gladstone Gander is either the adopted son of Matilda McDuck, Scrooge's youngest sister, or the biological child of Quackmore Duck's sister Daphne Duck (And I suppose it could be both). Donald and Della are the children of Scrooge's other sister Hortense McDuck and Quackmore Duck. In the comics, Fethry Duck is the son of Quackmore Duck's brother Eider Duck and Lunabel Loon. Scrooge and Donald clearly have a relationship established with Fethry and Della's recognition of Fethry shows that it was a relationship established before she went to space.

Finally in the comics, after establishing himself as a businessman, Scrooge's sisters immigrate from Scotland to America to live with him and run his business while he goes adventuring.

So the answer to my question is Scrooge has a mansion with multiple spare bedrooms because he always intended to have his extended family live with him. A dozen spare rooms is plenty of room for his two sisters, their husbands and children, and their spouse's siblings with their children. I believe that not only did Della and Donald live in the Mansion, so did Fethry and Gladstone. Rather than being mostly empty, the mansion during Donald and Della's childhood would have been filled with extended family members.
    If you find yourself watching Power Rangers and wonder how some characters got their powers and zords back for an anniversary episode, just assume they were restored off screen. They have 20+ seasons of team geniuses to call on.

27. - Top - End - #657

To add to the family expansion, Scrooge is now officially Della and Donald's Great Uncle, so you have another generation thrown into the mix.

28. - Top - End - #658

GreenSorcererElf

Not precisely Ducktales, but related.
    Apparently there's a new edition of the Complete Life of Scrooge McDuck by Don Rosa, in 2 volumes from Fantagraphics. I just got vol 1, and it's awesome.
    Comes as either a 2 volume set, or separate volumes.

http://www.fantagraphics.com/life-and-times-box/
    'U' for Uranium, BOMB!

29. - Top - End - #659

GreenSorcererElf

Also recently spotted Munchkin: Ducktales card game.

https://munchkin.game/products/games...ney-ducktales/
    'U' for Uranium, BOMB!

30. - Top - End - #660
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Im going to leave that here:

Spoiler: New trailer! Season 3 is coming!
    Show