Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 183334353637383940414243
Results 1,261 to 1,276 of 1276
  1. - Top - End - #1261
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Overwatch: Boop!

There's actually a really easy way to buff Ana; give her biorifle shots the same heal-denial debuff that her grenade does.

It need not last anywhere near as long as the grenade - in fact it only needs to last as long as the DoT does - but it makes her a direct counter to Pharmercy without resorting to simple damage. This also lets her make an impact on the battlefield in general, again without the damage to three-shot squishies.
    Total War Factions
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #1262
    Colossus in the Playground

^ That would make her more of a tank-buster than Zenyatta - especially vs. Roadhog. The effective dps of her rifle shot + negating all healing for the DoT's duration (on targets that rely on said healing) is huge.

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Alphonse by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

3. - Top - End - #1263
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    ^ That would make her more of a tank-buster than Zenyatta - especially vs. Roadhog. The effective dps of her rifle shot + negating all healing for the DoT's duration (on targets that rely on said healing) is huge.
    Except Ana's role is primarily to heal, not shoot others.

It would be fantastic to hit it on a Roadhog right as he E's, but I don't think you can afford to permatag someone with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Mordekaiser for president.
    Check out my Hitman challenge runs!

4. - Top - End - #1264
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Yes, the healing negation would be overpowered, dumb, and still not very useful for her big weakness, countering flankers. Ana's a very respectable healer, she's just really weak vs barriers and dive.

5. - Top - End - #1265

Quote Originally Posted by Winthur View Post
    Except Ana's role is primarily to heal, not shoot others.
    No Ana spends 100% of their time healing - and that percentage would plummet even further if her every shot was negating the enemy healer too. Again, the effective dps of such a change would be staggering.

But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Alphonse by Crimmy

6. - Top - End - #1266
    Troll in the Playground

No Ana spends 100% of their time healing
    And no Ana spends 100% of her time damage dealing. Spend all your time maintaining a healing debuff, and you are neglecting your primary role (especially if your team is running Ana as a solo heal, which used to happen quite a bit and can still be done to some extent at some elos).

And, as TJ points out, this doesn't help against flankers, which is the entire problem. My idea of making her damage a little stronger at the cost of being a slower-ticking DoT was aimed at flankers that wouldn't engage you with healing support anyway.

7. - Top - End - #1267

And no Ana spends 100% of her time damage dealing. Spend all your time maintaining a healing debuff, and you are neglecting your primary role (especially if your team is running Ana as a solo heal, which used to happen quite a bit and can still be done to some extent at some elos).
    But you don't need to maintain it 100 for your effective dps to skyrocket. As any tank can tell you, even a few seconds without healing (and that's healing from any source, including healthpacks) can quickly be a death sentence.

And, as TJ points out, this doesn't help against flankers, which is the entire problem.
    Uh, I know it doesn't - it wasn't my idea, remember? (I'm arguing against it.)
    Last edited by Psyren; 2017-10-20 at 12:09 AM.

Alphonse by Crimmy

8. - Top - End - #1268
    Ogre in the Playground

So Ana's biggest issue is her weakness against flankers? Okay then.

Fun fact; out of the 25 heroes available in the game, do you know that only 2 of them - Mercy and Torbjorn - have a secondary weapon function? A criminally underutilized function, to be sure. And what do you know, Ana fires her Sleep Dart from a sidearm not unlike Mercy's.

Let's make Ana the third hero with a secondary weapon, and give her dart gun a 5 shot clip, with each successful hit causing a sleep duration of 1/5 of the original, stackable so that if Ana hits all 5 darts on an enemy, that enemy sleeps as long as he would if hit with the original dart. If the Ana can't counter a flanker even with 5 sleep darts, then she deserves to be taken out.

This also frees up her Shift button for a new ability, perhaps one that can address her mobility issues. On that I admittedly have less ideas.... how about A Spot of Tea then? Ana takes a swig from a carafe of tea, which temporarily boosts her move speed and ROF.
    Total War Factions
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #1269
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
    Let's make Ana the third hero with a secondary weapon, and give her dart gun a 5 shot clip, with each successful hit causing a sleep duration of 1/5 of the original, stackable so that if Ana hits all 5 darts on an enemy, that enemy sleeps as long as he would if hit with the original dart. If the Ana can't counter a flanker even with 5 sleep darts, then she deserves to be taken out.
    Unfortunate byproduct is that you now have 5 consecutive opportunities to interrupt ultimates, which is not necessarily something Ana should have.

10. - Top - End - #1270

As I mentioned before (and hasn't been addressed that I can see) - in conjunction with making the dart better by whatever means we choose, you can drastically shorten the range on it. That lets her take out flankers, but not be as good at stopping ultimates. Done.

Alphonse by Crimmy

11. - Top - End - #1271
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
    So Ana's biggest issue is her weakness against flankers? Okay then.
    Let's be clear: Ana's *biggest* weakness is barriers blocking her heals from reaching their intended targets, but I don't 'removing all barriers' is likely to change. Giving her more damage, however, will help her in her second biggest problem, staying alive, especially in the solo queue environment.

Fun fact; out of the 25 heroes available in the game, do you know that only 2 of them - Mercy and Torbjorn - have a secondary weapon function? A criminally underutilized function, to be sure. And what do you know, Ana fires her Sleep Dart from a sidearm not unlike Mercy's.

This also frees up her Shift button for a new ability, perhaps one that can address her mobility issues. On that I admittedly have less ideas.... how about A Spot of Tea then? Ana takes a swig from a carafe of tea, which temporarily boosts her move speed and ROF.
    Eh, seems brokenly overpowered, as she'll be able to interrupt pretty much every ultimate in the game, especially with the new 'use it and lose it' ultimate mechanics. Let's not overthink this. She's got the lowest damage in the game, can't crit, and has to choose between healing and doing damage. Buffing her damage at bit won't wildly swing the meta. It will, however, let her do more for her team.

As I mentioned before (and hasn't been addressed that I can see) - in conjunction with making the dart better by whatever means we choose, you can drastically shorten the range on it. That lets her take out flankers, but not be as good at stopping ultimates. Done.
    IMO, Taking away Ana's ability to bollix ultimates is decidedly unfun. Landing a long-ranged dart on an enemy feels great, and rewards good prediction and aim. Don't want to get slept? Coordinate with your team and get a barrier while you ult. Don't have a barrier tank? Why is that Ana's problem?
    Last edited by The_Jackal; 2017-10-20 at 12:51 PM.

12. - Top - End - #1272

Quote Originally Posted by The_Jackal View Post
    Let's be clear: Ana's *biggest* weakness is barriers blocking her heals from reaching their intended targets, but I don't 'removing all barriers' is likely to change. Giving her more damage, however, will help her in her second biggest problem, staying alive, especially in the solo queue environment.
    That's a weakness she's intended to have though, like Lucio being unable to heal at long range. Being useless against flankers is unintended, otherwise they wouldn't have given her a dart and self-heal to begin with, but currently the skill floor is too high.

IMO, Taking away Ana's ability to bollix ultimates is decidedly unfun. Landing a long-ranged dart on an enemy feels great, and rewards good prediction and aim. Don't want to get slept? Coordinate with your team and get a barrier while you ult. Don't have a barrier tank? Why is that Ana's problem?
    I'm not saying take it away entirely, but again the dart's primary purpose is to protect herself from flankers. If she wants to use it offensively instead, she still can, but should have to put herself a bit more at risk to do so.

A similar ability is McCree's flashbang, which is much more novice-friendly due to having a splash radius and not being broken by damage, yet does just fine with a short range and can still stop ults. I'd be okay with Ana's dart being brought more into line with that. (Not persisting through damage though, that would obviously be OP for a sleep ability.)

Alphonse by Crimmy

13. - Top - End - #1273
    Ettin in the Playground

About Ana... one thought occurred to me due to her incarnation in HotS. What if damage and healing shots were something you could choose? Like, healing shots via right/left click that penetrate stuff like Reinhardt shields, while keeping her damage ones tied to the other mouse button.
    Nine Lives Disciple(PoW archetype), Quicksilver Lance(wip PoW archetype)
    Kitty over on Steam. Furries itP
    "Dahlia" in a certain fallen city
    Yamabushi(mystic archetype)

"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable." ~found on a badly translated store page on steam

14. - Top - End - #1274
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Togath View Post
    About Ana... one thought occurred to me due to her incarnation in HotS. What if damage and healing shots were something you could choose? Like, healing shots via right/left click that penetrate stuff like Reinhardt shields, while keeping her damage ones tied to the other mouse button.
    I think that would be a great idea for a new support Hero, preferably a non-scoping hitscan. I don't think they're likely to make such a change to Ana, and it would be very difficult to implement in concert with her scope mechanic, which already occupies the right mouse button.

15. - Top - End - #1275
    Ettin in the Playground

I think that would be a great idea for a new support Hero, preferably a non-scoping hitscan. I don't think they're likely to make such a change to Ana, and it would be very difficult to implement in concert with her scope mechanic, which already occupies the right mouse button.
    Ah, forgot that it's bound there by default. On my controls I ended up binding scopes to q.
    Nine Lives Disciple(PoW archetype), Quicksilver Lance(wip PoW archetype)
    Kitty over on Steam. Furries itP
    "Dahlia" in a certain fallen city
    Yamabushi(mystic archetype)

"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable." ~found on a badly translated store page on steam

16. - Top - End - #1276
    Bugbear in the Playground

I hate attacking first on 2CP or hybrid maps in competitive and not getting the first point. Having to grind out the second half of the mission with no better possibility than a draw is emotionally unrewarding.

If half the match is left to play still, a win should be possible to earn somehow.
    Last edited by gomipile; 2017-10-21 at 01:52 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    where is the atropal? and does it have a listed LA?