New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 51 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Overwatch: Boop!

Quote Originally Posted by Velaryon View Post
    I would definitely recommend that you become comfortable with at least one hero from each category, possibly more.
    Yeah. I love Mercy (unsurprisingly) and Torbjörn. I still have to figure out tanks, Orisa looks more versatile than Reinhardt but she is quite slow. What are you using the extra legs for!? I will probably gravitate towards Roadhog due to the self heal but I'd to as far as to hate his appearance so much that he will be my last resort. As for attack heroes, uhm, yeah. Probably Soldier but I suck with all of them as I have mentioned my aim is beyond terrible. Possibly Pharah (I can't miss with rockets, right?!) and Sombra (invis plus Uzi plus utility ult).

2. - Top - End - #452
    Titan in the Playground

Regarding the earlier discussion, I agree that more PvE content would vary the game up a lot... but some heroes really don't work as well as others in Uprising. Zarya has a hard time charging up her shields, for instance. Winston's ult seems to amount to a lot of flailing, even if his lightning gun and barrier are actually quite handy against the robots.

I've played on Normal so far. Trying Hard ended in a disaster, but that was because my team ran off to kill robots instead of sticking together and hacking. There was only one way for it to go.

Also, question: if a Mercy uses her damage boost on Torbjorn or Symmetra, does it affect their turrets?
    Last edited by Morty; 2017-04-22 at 09:16 AM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

3. - Top - End - #453
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Also, question: if a Mercy uses her damage boost on Torbjorn or Symmetra, does it affect their turrets?
    No. Wanted to research this for myself also. Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/c...everything_as/

4. - Top - End - #454
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Regarding the earlier discussion, I agree that more PvE content would vary the game up a lot... but some heroes really don't work as well as others in Uprising. Zarya has a hard time charging up her shields, for instance. Winston's ult seems to amount to a lot of flailing, even if his lightning gun and barrier are actually quite handy against the robots.
    From my limited playthrough with Winston in Uprising, Winston's Ult is more of a panic button, whether the panic is you're almost dead surrounded by bots, or there's a Detonator that's sitting next to the payload about to go off, or there's a Tank Bastion that is just about to come around the corner. It is most effective if you can pin a bot into a corner.
    you know that I'm more than just a doll do you?-Geno
    Add me on Steam!
    Spoiler
    Show
    by Thecrimsonmage and By Shades of Gray by Akrim.elf

and current made by me.

5. - Top - End - #455
    Ogre in the Playground

So, something all the other people still attempting to beat Expert Uprising should know: if you leave the first OR14 alive, none of the other ORs or tanks will spawn as long as it's still up. So you can skip the first one, circle around and kill all the Bastion turrets, then go back and start the OR14 fights without getting mowed down every time you show your faces out of cover. I finally completed Expert tonight thanks to that.
    "I don't approve of society, so I try not to participate in it."
    =====

Avatar of Karl the human by Bradakhan

6. - Top - End - #456
    Bugbear in the Playground

I hit plat today

Though I did drop below 2500 when we had a leaver, but still managed to get it to overtime while defending
    "Best na ta challenge that Delusion" - Durkon in #674

Fairy avatar made by araveugnitsuga.
    Cultist avatar made by Darwin.
    Paladin avatar made by Ceika.

I have started a fantasy webseries about a trans woman wanting to become a paladin:
    http://kirjotusvihe.deviantart.com/gallery/47065120
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...-Paladin-Story

7. - Top - End - #457
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sporeegg View Post
    No. Wanted to research this for myself also. Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/c...everything_as/
    Good to know. I guess it doesn't matter that much normally, but I was in an Uprising match with Orisa, Torb and Symmetra.

Quote Originally Posted by Geno9999 View Post
    From my limited playthrough with Winston in Uprising, Winston's Ult is more of a panic button, whether the panic is you're almost dead surrounded by bots, or there's a Detonator that's sitting next to the payload about to go off, or there's a Tank Bastion that is just about to come around the corner. It is most effective if you can pin a bot into a corner.
    True, it does give him a bunch of health and armour. Might be enough to push a tank Bastion out of the way.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

8. - Top - End - #458
    Troll in the Playground

I really thought Zarya would be better at Uprising than she actually is, what with the constant shooting and all that.

Yeah. I love Mercy (unsurprisingly) and Torbjörn. I still have to figure out tanks, Orisa looks more versatile than Reinhardt but she is quite slow. What are you using the extra legs for!? I will probably gravitate towards Roadhog due to the self heal but I'd to as far as to hate his appearance so much that he will be my last resort. As for attack heroes, uhm, yeah. Probably Soldier but I suck with all of them as I have mentioned my aim is beyond terrible. Possibly Pharah (I can't miss with rockets, right?!) and Sombra (invis plus Uzi plus utility ult).
    Orisa uses them for stability, obviously! Orisa is a cool hero, it's just that people tend to leave her standing behind her shield and shoot away, 50 metres from the objective. I also really recommend Roadhog, he's my go-to tank, also he's really more of an assault character with lower DPS.
    Si non confectus, non reficiat.

The beautiful girl is courtesy of Serpentine
    My S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripjat Let's Play! Please give it a read, more than one constant reader would be nice!

9. - Top - End - #459
    Barbarian in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

A man after my own heart here. I tried Pharah, but I didn't really pick her up that well. I'll keep giving her a chance because of the rockets don't miss kind of thing too. I found myself enjoying Symmetra. Her turrents are easy to place and her beam weapon couldn't be easier. You just have to keep it in the general direction of an enemy and it locks on. My son loves him some Roadhog, but I'm like you. I'm not terribly interested in playing a character that looks like that. D'Va and Soldier fit me well too as the machine guns help my spray and pray style.

I don't play much. My son is about to roll past level 100. I just hit level 13 last night and got my 2nd legendary skin, Combat Medic Ziegler, so I'll be playing Mercy for the foreseeable future. My other legendary skin is the Widowmaker huntress skin. I'll keep practicing, but putting her in a position to get consistent head shots and keeping her out of the thick of things is an ability I have yet to acquire.

10. - Top - End - #460
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by GolemsVoice View Post
    I really thought Zarya would be better at Uprising than she actually is, what with the constant shooting and all that.
    The issue is her shields' low uptime. 20% on her personal bubble, and 25% on her team bubble, and both only get 1% charge for every 4 damage absorbed. Great if the target is being focus-fired, not so hot for dealing with a constant trickle of chip damage. Without energy, her damage is also really spudtastic, only doing 75 DPS with her beam (and worse for her alt-fire, though it is at least AoE). Also, she just doesn't have that much ammunition, even with her primary fire. She can only maintain 5 seconds of constant fire before needing to reload, at zero energy, that's only 375 damage, nothing to write home about. She also has low, low range, only 15 meters. Only Symmetra's leash and Winston's tesla gun are worse. So to be effective, you pretty much must be in the face of your enemies, taking damage more or less constantly, most of which you won't be able to absorb with your bubble. I like Zarya in regular play, she can be a huge force multiplier with good use of barriers and her S-tier ultimate, but in this coop mission, she's hurting.

She has them so she can be in no way confused for the Heavy from TF2. I do think Orisa is somewhat underrated, though I don't expect her to disrupt the pro meta anytime soon. She's pretty solid if your game-plan is to win a barrier war.

Quote Originally Posted by GolemsVoice View Post
    Orisa uses them for stability, obviously! Orisa is a cool hero, it's just that people tend to leave her standing behind her shield and shoot away, 50 metres from the objective. I also really recommend Roadhog, he's my go-to tank, also he's really more of an assault character with lower DPS.
    Roadhog is not a tank, in the same way that Symmetra is not a support. He's actually a counter-tank. His scrapgun is fantastic for unloading punishment into enemy barriers, ripping them down so he can then land hooks on unprotected opponents, getting crucial picks. He's also good versus D.va, whose barrier he can't break, but her Defence Matrix doesn't work against his hook, so he can get her out of position, and with the help of a teammate, de-suit her rather quickly. What a tank provides a team is the ability to initiate, which is why tanking is actually one of the most challenging jobs in Overwatch. You've got to know when to provide your barrier, and when to hold it in reserve. You're basically in charge of making your team's plays, and it's the responsibility of the rest of the team to follow your lead. This makes learning to tank properly tremendously hard in low MMR play, as the vast majority of your team will mindlessly run in to die at the rate at which they spawn, paying no attention to what you're doing. That said, there's really only two tanks that can initiate, Reinhardt (Deathball) and Winston (Dive). In both cases, the idea is to advance into the teamfight, throw up your barrier and absorb as much damage as you can before it breaks. From there it's the job of your team to kill the enemy before they kill yours. Obviously, Rein will hold up his shield while the fray proceeds, whereas Winston can pitch in with his Tesla gun to help hasten the demise of the enemy team. So, why don't I include Orisa as a tank who can initiate? Well, her barrier just isn't big enough to protect your team effectively. It's fine for blocking fire in a choke point or protecting a turret or bastion, but against anyone with mobility, it's too easy to bypass. She also is far too fragile to approach an enemy team without being shielded, and her 'move or shoot' mechanics make that even harder. As such, I think she's a decent off-tank on either squad, supplementing a Reinhardt, but lacks the mobility to dive, the crunch power to pick anyone, and the durability to slug it out in a protracted brawl.

Quote Originally Posted by Thialfi View Post
    A man after my own heart here. I tried Pharah, but I didn't really pick her up that well. I'll keep giving her a chance because of the rockets don't miss kind of thing too. I found myself enjoying Symmetra. Her turrents are easy to place and her beam weapon couldn't be easier. You just have to keep it in the general direction of an enemy and it locks on. My son loves him some Roadhog, but I'm like you. I'm not terribly interested in playing a character that looks like that. D'Va and Soldier fit me well too as the machine guns help my spray and pray style.
    Pharah's pretty unforgiving, she's definitely a Hero which requires practice and very strong game sense. She's arguably the strongest flanker in the game right now, with the ability to go almost anywhere and rain damage on your team from arbitrary range, and she's only got one hard counter: Widowmaker (who needs to be GOOD). I recommend spending some time with her in quick play so you can become accustomed to her movement. Pharah excels against comps which are very common in low-SR: Symmetra, Junkrat, Roadhog, Reaper, and forcing low-skill players to slot in a hitscan Hero they don't have the competency to use well will give your compatriots on the ground a big advantage. The only trick is, you need to have the game sense to apply enough pressure to make yourself felt. Play too conservatively, and you're dooming your team to losing a bunch of 5 on 6 teamfights. Play to aggressively, and you'll get blown out of the sky in an instant.

Symmetra you'll find is inversely useful as the enemy team's skillset improves. Against crummy players who can't dodge or aim and don't counterpick her, she's a demigod. Against a team with a half-competent Winston or Pharah, she's dead weight. Soldier, on the other hand, is really strong in all levels of play. While no Hero can exclusively carry a team, he's as close as you can get. Wicked-strong DPS, good force projection, mobility, and supplemental heal, he's pretty much got it all. Plus if your aim is solid and you can avoid dying, you can count on a few ults to win a few teamfights easily; just de-suit D.va and break/flank barriers before you hit it. He can't do everything, however, so if you've got a team full of Symmetras and Junkrats punishing empty air, you're going to get rolled.

I don't play much. My son is about to roll past level 100. I just hit level 13 last night and got my 2nd legendary skin, Combat Medic Ziegler, so I'll be playing Mercy for the foreseeable future. My other legendary skin is the Widowmaker huntress skin. I'll keep practicing, but putting her in a position to get consistent head shots and keeping her out of the thick of things is an ability I have yet to acquire.
    Widowmaker is, unfortunately, a very situational pick. She's super-weak versus flankers, has a really bad escape mechanism (hook, unreliable mobility power on a 12 second cooldown). She's solid in any position that has long sight lines, but you always need a plan for how you're going to deal with unwelcome visitors. Know where your nearby health pack will be, have your widow mine covering your flank, scope in, and GIT GUD. She's probably the best counter to Pharahmercy you can get, so she's not without her niche. If you want to main her, practice in quick play and ana bot matches, but make sure you're ready to swap off if the enemy comp skews dive (Tracer, Genji, D.va).

Mercy is in a weird spot. On an organized team, she can be hugely effective, with solid heals and a massive rez. In the usual midget-rodeo that is low MMR play, on the other hand, you'll get farmed by every dive hero on the planet. Position yourself to always have a teammate to fly to, and pray they don't die or run out of LOS.

11. - Top - End - #461
    Ogre in the Playground

Extra legs are stability. Orisa's got the ability to root herself in place, becoming temporarily immune to things like Lucio's and Pharah's boop attacks, Reinhardt's charge, and Roadhog's hook. Presumably the extra pair of legs has something to do with how that works.

As far as finding your tank, each one works a little differently. Here are the super basics:

Reinhardt - put up your shield, advance as a mobile wall with teammates firing from behind you

D.Va - block projectiles (and sometimes ults) with defense matrix, occasionally fly up on people and pummel them to death with your cannons before quickly retreating back to your team

Winston - jump into the midst of the enemies and sow chaos while your teammates move in, try to kill the squishies and healers, and get out

Zarya - time your bubble shields to block enemies' attacks on yourself and allies, which charges up the power of your gun

Roadhog - grab enemies (including other tanks) from ambush and kill them quickly, then heal up any damage you took

Orisa - throw down a shield wall and be a mobile machine gun nest

There's more to all those characters than those brief descriptions, but that should give you at least a basic idea of what you're trying to accomplish with any of them. Winston and especially D.Va are tempting to try to play as flankers, but you're not getting the most out of them if you just do that.

12. - Top - End - #462
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Velaryon View Post
    Extra legs are stability. Orisa's got the ability to root herself in place, becoming temporarily immune to things like Lucio's and Pharah's boop attacks, Reinhardt's charge, and Roadhog's hook. Presumably the extra pair of legs has something to do with how that works.

As far as finding your tank, each one works a little differently. Here are the super basics:

Reinhardt - put up your shield, advance as a mobile wall with teammates firing from behind you

D.Va - block projectiles (and sometimes ults) with defense matrix, occasionally fly up on people and pummel them to death with your cannons before quickly retreating back to your team

Winston - jump into the midst of the enemies and sow chaos while your teammates move in, try to kill the squishies and healers, and get out

Zarya - time your bubble shields to block enemies' attacks on yourself and allies, which charges up the power of your gun

Roadhog - grab enemies (including other tanks) from ambush and kill them quickly, then heal up any damage you took

Orisa - throw down a shield wall and be a mobile machine gun nest

There's more to all those characters than those brief descriptions, but that should give you at least a basic idea of what you're trying to accomplish with any of them. Winston and especially D.Va are tempting to try to play as flankers, but you're not getting the most out of them if you just do that.
    +1 to these, though I have other tips for D.va and Reinhardt since I play them often:

D.va - Never engage alone. You may be a mecha, but you are a large target with a large crit box in your center mass. Use your dash to chase down stragglers, get back to your team quicker, or to escape. Your Self-Destruct Ultimate is powerful, but it has a long wind up, and most teams will have a Reinhardt or Orisa who can block the explosion with their barriers. Either pair it up with a Teammate's Earthshatter, Graviton Surge, or Blizzard if you're going for the Post-it-on-Overwatch-Reddit team wipe. Alternatively, you can use your Ultimate as a second life, popping it as soon as your mecha starts it's death throes. Generally people will be too preoccupied with trying to find cover than trying to kill you, but this method is better on Defense than on Offense.

Reinhardt - If you have to solo tank, Reinhardt is your best choice for solo tank, if only because most team comps that have only 1 Tank on the team is also the team comp that has 3-4 Damage Characters. Be patient, let your team deal with enemy targets, you worry about keeping your blue rectangle between them and the enemy fire. Learn to read the enemy Reinhardt movements, like them not firing off their Firestrike when it's off cooldown or if it looks like they're trying to line up with you and your team. They might have Earthshatter at the ready and it's an easy wipe if they can get it off. Generally on Competitive I will callout whenever my shield's at low health so that people will retreat with me to cover and not get caught out with a Roadhog hook or Widowmaker headshot.
    Add me on Steam!
    Spoiler
    Show

and current made by me.

13. - Top - End - #463
    Ettin in the Playground

So if anyone wants a buddy to do the HotS crossover quests with, my battletag is Meowstical#1303. I'm a pretty big newbie there, but still.
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

14. - Top - End - #464

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Togath View Post
    So if anyone wants a buddy to do the HotS crossover quests with, my battletag is Meowstical#1303. I'm a pretty big newbie there, but still.

I installed HotS last night. I'm hoping it will be easy to find a friend and grind these out. Any tips would be appreciated. My battletag is Ronshapard#1379 (who needs internet anonymity?) . I play in the 9-11pm range EST. My son wants to play these too, but I'm not sure of his battletag. It's Deadpool something.

15. - Top - End - #465
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm also trying to get that DVa skin, and I was told this is a good time to try out HotS since every player gets a free 20 character bundle. My tag's NeoVid#1862.
    "I don't approve of society, so I try not to participate in it."
    =====

Avatar of Karl the human by Bradakhan

16. - Top - End - #466
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

I installed HotS last night. I'm hoping it will be easy to find a friend and grind these out. Any tips would be appreciated. My battletag is Ronshapard#1379 (who needs internet anonymity?) . I play in the 9-11pm range EST. My son wants to play these too, but I'm not sure of his battletag. It's Deadpool something.
    All chat will be infested with people looking for group, especially next week with a new OW skin on the line. I wouldn't worry about finding friends. Just be sure that you exchange friend requests with everyone before you go in - don't want someone to be left out accidentally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap Dynamic View Post
    I want to create a world that is full of possibility, and one of the best ways to handle it is by creating a bunch of stories that haven't yet been finished.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    At this point, however, I'm thinking way too hard about the practical problems of running a battle royale school for Russian assassins, so I think I'll leave it there.
    In my posts, smilies generally correspond to my expression at the time. As an example, means "huh?" and "Hmm..". Also, "Landis" is fine.

17. - Top - End - #467
    Ettin in the Playground

Okay, skin obtained~
    Still might play HotS in general.
    Also, anyone have advice for recording Overwatch? I've been fiddling with various settings, and while my game runs fine at maxed settings with 60-90fps(which I have to cap at 30 due to motion sickness issues), my recordings are mostly... choppy. The audio works fine, but it keeps getting stuck on various frames of footage for minutes at a time.
    I seem to have been able to remove MOST of the choppiness by turning down graphics settings in game to the "high" presets, but I figure I must be missing... something.
    Recording software is Open Broadcaster Software if it matters, and most other games seem to do fine(though I did encounter some choppiness in TF2 too, oddly. Not nearly as bad though.)
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

18. - Top - End - #468
    Titan in the Playground

I play quite a bit of Hots, but it was getting boring by myself. Account is Silverraptor#1175. Hit me up.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

19. - Top - End - #469
    Ettin in the Playground

Now I'm curious. I discovered Genji can parry cannon Bastion's shots in Uprising mode... does it work in PvP too?
    Meow(Steam page)

20. - Top - End - #470

ElfMonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Togath View Post
    Now I'm curious. I discovered Genji can parry cannon Bastion's shots in Uprising mode... does it work in PvP too?
    Yup, Genji can reflect just about anything. Pulse Bomb, Blizzard, Graviton Surge, even Dragonstrike if he deflects the arrow before it turns into a dragon.

21. - Top - End - #471
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mythmonster2 View Post
    Yup, Genji can reflect just about anything. Pulse Bomb, Blizzard, Graviton Surge, even Dragonstrike if he deflects the arrow before it turns into a dragon.
    If it's a Projectile, Genji can reflect it. Really what's notable is the list of things Genji can't reflect at all: Zarya's Beam fire, Mei's Snow spray, Winston's Tesla Cannon, and I believe also Lucio's Alt Fire.
    Add me on Steam!
    Spoiler
    Show

and current made by me.

22. - Top - End - #472

And occasionally, if it isn't a projectile Genji can deflect it: Soldier's healing beacon and D.va's mech call ult are two that come to mind as things that can technically happen. All melee attacks are blocked too, though no damage reflected.

23. - Top - End - #473
    Ogre in the Playground

and I believe also Lucio's Alt Fire.
    If he can't deflect it, he's immune to it during the deflect.

He's even immune to an explosion from a Junkrat mine in front of him.
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2017-04-29 at 05:44 AM.

24. - Top - End - #474
    Ogre in the Playground

If it's a Projectile, Genji can reflect it. Really what's notable is the list of things Genji can't reflect at all: Zarya's Beam fire, Mei's Snow spray, Winston's Tesla Cannon, and I believe also Lucio's Alt Fire.
    Don't forget Symmetra's beam and turrets.

25. - Top - End - #475
    Firbolg in the Playground

He can't deflect the following:

• Symmetra Beam
    • Zarya Beam
    • Junkrat Trap (he can deflect the mine)
    • Melee Attacks (although it prevents the damage, apparently)
    • Mei Ice Stream
    • Reinhardt Ultimate
    • D.Va Ultimate
    • Lucio's Knockback (he's still knocked back)
    • Winston Cannon

Things I'm uncertain about

• Knockback from Winston's Ultimate
    • Orisa Orb (guessing you can deflect it, but no idea what happens -- probably goes to the maximum range and triggers?)
    Last edited by Djinn_in_Tonic; 2017-04-29 at 12:00 PM.

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.

26. - Top - End - #476
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Djinn_in_Tonic View Post
    He can't deflect the following:

• Symmetra Beam
    • Zarya Beam
    • Junkrat Trap (he can deflect the mine)
    • Melee Attacks (although it prevents the damage, apparently)
    • Mei Ice Stream
    • Reinhardt Ultimate
    • D.Va Ultimate
    • Lucio's Knockback (he's still knocked back)
    • Winston Cannon

Things I'm uncertain about

• Knockback from Winston's Ultimate
    • Orisa Orb (guessing you can deflect it, but no idea what happens -- probably goes to the maximum range and triggers?)
    I think Orisa Orb pops with no effect. I seem to recall it happening that way, but empirical testing is required.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap Dynamic View Post
    I want to create a world that is full of possibility, and one of the best ways to handle it is by creating a bunch of stories that haven't yet been finished.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    At this point, however, I'm thinking way too hard about the practical problems of running a battle royale school for Russian assassins, so I think I'll leave it there.
    In my posts, smilies generally correspond to my expression at the time. As an example, means "huh?" and "Hmm..". Also, "Landis" is fine.

27. - Top - End - #477
    Ettin in the Playground

At least against the AI Orisas in Uprising, his parry actually reflects the orb back, as I found out through random luck.
    Meow(Steam page)

28. - Top - End - #478

DwarfBarbarianGuy

My main in the four years that I played World of Warcraft was a holy paladin. Thus, I really enjoyed playing Mercy in the uprising event. I hope they keep adding these kind of events and always have something like it available.

Of course the best moment of the event was opening the talon skin for Widowmaker. I don't play her much, but my son plays her more than any other character and I got to tease him about the fact that I had it and he didn't. He's upset that he didn't get it. Poor kid is going to have to console himself with just having the Mercy, Tracer, McCree, and Genji legendary skins.

I keep trying new characters that require me to have something resembling good aim with lackluster results. I tried McCree and fan the hammer and the flash bang were my most effective ways of doing anything. Symmetra is still by far my most effective character. I doubt competitive play is something I'll ever get involved in. So if Blizzard can just keep releasing characters that auto aim, have machine guns, or primarily heal, I'll be good.

29. - Top - End - #479
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I keep trying new characters that require me to have something resembling good aim with lackluster results. I tried McCree and fan the hammer and the flash bang were my most effective ways of doing anything. Symmetra is still by far my most effective character. I doubt competitive play is something I'll ever get involved in. So if Blizzard can just keep releasing characters that auto aim, have machine guns, or primarily heal, I'll be good.
    I recommend, as ever, Stylosa's Ana Bot challenge. Also, dial down your sensitivity, dial up your DPS, and make sure your mouse surface has lots of room. You're also going to find that your options on less aim-dependent characters will improve. Mercy's popgun is actually not that bad, and if you can use it when you need to, that's a corpse run you don't need to make, and your opponents do.

I was pretty ferociously active this event, hauling in Blackwatch McCree, both Torb skins, Widow's Talon skin, Orisa and Bastion's Null Sector skins, and probably a couple others. I'll throw down a bit more this evening, to see if I can get lucky and land another one. I also decided to put in some Widow time this weekend, though mostly because I kept running into unchecked Pharahs, and I've decided that Soldier either isn't good enough at shooting her down, or, more often, he's already taken by someone else. I went 12-3, which is pretty great for quick play. She's definitely a hero who rewards practice.

Did anyone here successfully get Legendary in the Uprising Event? I completed Expert, and came within seconds of getting Legend, but never quite pushed through. Of course, far too many attempts ended at the second gun emplacement. I guess the coop events don't use MMR.
    Last edited by The_Jackal; 2017-05-01 at 06:53 PM.

30. - Top - End - #480
    Ettin in the Playground

So I managed to grab five or six legendaries during the event...
    Uprising Widow(...at least it gets rid of her weird helmet? Not that I'll ever play her. I scope with scopes), woodbot bastion, [the rusted copper] bastion(because more bastion is better, right? Though I think my favorite is the meadow skin), wadjet Ana(not a skin I'll ever use, given her cool captain Amari ones~), and one or two legendary gold piles...
    Was... surprisingly disappointing goldens. As least I got the Uprising Reinhardt skin too(though I do prefer greifhardt). I also got fun victory poses and emotes(the Hanzo one is awesome).
    Meow(Steam page)