New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Overwatch: Boop!

Finally getting back into the game this weekend. Can't wait.
    Blizzard Battletag: UnderDog#21677

Shepard: "Wrex! Do we have mawsign?"
    Wrex: "Shepard, we have mawsign the likes of which even Reapers have never seen!"

2. - Top - End - #92
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Togath View Post
    The Lucio thing makes me curious... could Genji jump/double jump back to the wall he was climbing to reset his maximum distance?
    Nope. Wallclimb distance only resets upon touching the ground.

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Titan in the Playground

Damn, not playing for three weeks really messes with your muscle memory and reflexes. Oh well.

Wrex: "Shepard, we have mawsign the likes of which even Reapers have never seen!"

4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground

I feel like I'm being roped into playing Lucio despite not really caring for him. I mean he is not awful to play as, but the character does nothing for me.
    In almost every game I played today (only done QP today to get up to speed on reflexes and stuff) the tide turns, or at least things get much closer to a draw, if I change to him. I also find myself holding the fort on my own with him a lot (as in god knows where everyone else is, but I keep blocking the payload by myself vs 3-4 enemies for like 10 seconds at a time). Ranting aside, he is fun to play as with adequate teamwork supporting you. But so are all characters.

Edit: also, I spent my hard-earned 1000 credits on the Junebug skin for D.Va today. I never play as her, but it's a skin I love. So totally idiotic, but hey.
    Last edited by Avilan the Grey; 2017-03-12 at 04:54 PM.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Djinn_in_Tonic View Post
    It's actually a similar philosophy to their "favor the shooter" mentality. It's very hard, in a first person game, to judge the precise range of a melee hit. As a result, I could see the hitbox being considerably larger than the animation actually shows to ensure that the Reinhardt player doesn't get frustrated with missed attacks that he thinks should land.
    Yet it even happens when both players are standing still, far enough apart that the hammer clearly isn't making contact. Surely they could add a visual effect to the hammer swing (if not just make the hammer appear longer to everyone but the player) that would make it more reasonable to see when you're being hit and therefore how far you need to get before you're safe.

The Lucio thing makes me curious... could Genji jump/double jump back to the wall he was climbing to reset his maximum distance?
    Once upon a time he could (people would call it the triple jump), but it was changed awhile back to function as Djinn_in_Tonic describes.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Avilan the Grey View Post
    Edit: also, I spent my hard-earned 1000 credits on the Junebug skin for D.Va today. I never play as her, but it's a skin I love. So totally idiotic, but hey.
    Hey, if it makes you feel better, I only picked up Reinhardt because I got a Greifhardt (The Balderich skin that's covered in grass and moss.)

And now I'm a mediocre Reinhardt.
    you know that I'm more than just a doll do you?-Geno
    Add me on Steam!
    Spoiler
    Show
    by Thecrimsonmage and By Shades of Gray by Akrim.elf

and current made by me.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Geno9999 View Post
    Hey, if it makes you feel better, I only picked up Reinhardt because I got a Greifhardt (The Balderich skin that's covered in grass and moss.)

"And proud!"

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

IMO, you're a pretty solid Reinhardt. Your quick rank is good, your win rate is positive, and your 'damage blocked' is in the 75th percentile. All solid stats to have.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ettin in the Playground

Greifhardt is an awesome skin~
    Since it's on my mind, how similar is Reinhardt to a demoknight in TF2?
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

Greifhardt is an awesome skin~
    Since it's on my mind, how similar is Reinhardt to a demoknight in TF2?
    Only vaguely similar in playstyle. You can't turn during a charge, for one. You also have a huge shield that can protect your entire team and are not mobile. Your role as Reinhardt is to be mobile cover, and you are rather slow mobile cover.

11. - Top - End - #101

Quote Originally Posted by Morphic tide View Post
    Only vaguely similar in playstyle. You can't turn during a charge, for one. You also have a huge shield that can protect your entire team and are not mobile. Your role as Reinhardt is to be mobile cover, and you are rather slow mobile cover.
    I'd actually say almost entirely different.

DemoKnight is about raw, in-your-face offense. While Reinhardt CAN do that, your job is really closer to being the bulwark around which your team assembles, and only going crazy-offense if it's needed to break a point.

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morphic tide View Post
    You know what would make for a great non-healing support? A dedicated buffer character. Because that's support. Why, exactly, they didn't include a dedicated buffer as a Support character confuses me, as it's a setup that only fits support and is a perfect demonstration of supporting without healing.
    Symmetria use to be a buffer character (and still is after a fashion). She would apply shields directly to her team mates, rather than waiting to summon a shield generator, and her primary fire had a much sorter range, and did less damage. All this combined to make her one of the least played characters in the game.

Now that she's been tweaked, people are losing their sh!t because they don't know how to handle her new upgrade.
    "Sleeping late might not be a virtue, but it sure aint no vice. The old saw about the early bird and the worm just goes to show that the worm should have stayed in bed."

- L. Long

I think, therefore I get really, really annoyed at people who won't.

"A plucky band of renegade short-order cooks fighting the Empire with the power of cheap, delicious food and a side order of whup-ass."

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The_Jackal View Post
    IMO, you're a pretty solid Reinhardt. Your quick rank is good, your win rate is positive, and your 'damage blocked' is in the 75th percentile. All solid stats to have.
    Oh thank you. I guess I keep seeing myself as a mediocre Reinhardt because I'm much better at D.va. I wish that carried over into Season 4 though, but then again I just barely done my placements so hopefully I get back to about where I was in Season 3.
    Add me on Steam!
    Spoiler
    Show

and current made by me.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Mutazoia View Post
    Now that she's been tweaked, people are losing their sh!t because they don't know how to handle her new upgrade.
    Her primary fire just does too much damage, is all. There's nothing else wrong with her kit.

Oh thank you. I guess I keep seeing myself as a mediocre Reinhardt because I'm much better at D.va. I wish that carried over into Season 4 though, but then again I just barely done my placements so hopefully I get back to about where I was in Season 3.
    D.va is just more solo friendly. You can carry bad players with D.va. You can't carry a bad team with Reinhardt. But a good Reinhardt will make a good team great, in a way that D.va just can't compete with.

15. - Top - End - #105

...I didn't know that site existed. That's pretty cool.

It also says I'm apparently 83rd percentile at Hanzo and 73rd percentile at Parah. Given that those are my mains, I'll take it!

My Reinhardt, however, is really bizarre. Top 1% for Earthshatter kills and Fire Strike kills, top 12% for Charge kills, and bottom 11% for damage blocked. Oops.

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ettin in the Playground

New computer is finally set up, so installing and gonna get to have my first session of Overwatch tonight~
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground

D.va is just more solo friendly. You can carry bad players with D.va. You can't carry a bad team with Reinhardt. But a good Reinhardt will make a good team great, in a way that D.va just can't compete with.
    I agree for the most part, as D.va does feel versatile for me, which is very useful for fitting into a random team up for sure. Not sure about carrying other players, since I most often notice D.va carrying me with the Mech Death/Recall mechanic makes her a much more forgiving character to use and I have the life expectancy of a berserker lemming otherwise. Like, 2 K:D is normal for me in most games, D.va pushes it closer to 4 K:D.

As for Reinhardt, he does make a big impact that it sometimes seems like his performance affects the entire game. That or because the majority of games still seem to be two Reinhardts holding a staring contest with the rest of their teams shooting at the other team's rectangle.
    Add me on Steam!
    Spoiler
    Show

and current made by me.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ettin in the Playground

Speaking of D.Va, what happens if she's hit for her full hp(or more) while in her mech?
    Does she still eject into her mechless form?
    Meow(Steam page)

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Speaking of D.Va, what happens if she's hit for her full hp(or more) while in her mech?
    Yep. Baby D.va is immune to damage while in her mech. She's just got to stay alive once she ejects.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground

If the Mech hits 0, D.va ejects, always. However, there are a few occasions where the eject won't save you, such as being caught in the middle of Hanzo's Ultimate (since it will continually deal damage and therefore hit you while getting out), or falling off the map. There is a period where the mech is in the middle of it's death throes and D.va actually being ejected into the air, so technically D.va is invincible during this time, but it's all the easier for the enemy team to swarm up and finish you off.

Likewise with getting back into your mech, there is a short period where you are still vulnerable and could be killed off before you completely get back into your mech, I forget if it's before the mech lands or when D.va actually crawls into it. Basically what I'm saying is that Mech Recall in the middle of a crossfire is a bad idea, even if getting a kill off of the Mech landing is hilarious.
    Add me on Steam!
    Spoiler
    Show

and current made by me.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Titan in the Playground

I know I am playing with other low-skilled people, but I really don' feel Bastion is harder to kill than before.
    Also, I keep getting surprised at how much damage Lucio's gun actually does.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Titan in the Playground

Okay... so this is how it feels to be on the OTHER side of bad matchmaking.
    I played my first placement match just now and wow. We steamrolled the other team. Completely. First round... Started tough then they just deflated. Then we pressed them so far back, on all three maps, that they never reached the objective again.

Good for my rating, but frustrating because A) Not that fun and B) I don't have time in the morning to be playing more than one game, and well... I would have LOVED to stay in this team for awhile.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ettin in the Playground

36 minutes in, a few games, and...
    So far I seem to have the best success as a Lucio. Long kill streaks(2-6) and lots of keeping my allies healthy(enough to get my card thing to show up~).
    Meow(Steam page)

24. - Top - End - #114
    Titan in the Playground

36 minutes in, a few games, and...
    So far I seem to have the best success as a Lucio. Long kill streaks(2-6) and lots of keeping my allies healthy(enough to get my card thing to show up~).
    Basically as long as not everyone scatter you'll get your card up there.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ettin in the Playground

The main problems have been when my teams do scatter. ^_^;
    Some low level(since I'm just starting) teams seem to have no concept of teamwork.
    I'm also getting good at killing targets as Lucio. Plus I've discovered the knockback can be used to briefly interrupt someone's attacks long enough to finish them off when near walls, in addition to it's obvious use of knocking people off cliffs.
    Meow(Steam page)

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground

Her primary fire just does too much damage, is all. There's nothing else wrong with her kit.
    Please....let's talk Zen for a minute. His orbs can take out just about any other character in 4 or 5 hits, from a range that is rivaled only by Widomaker's scoped firing mode...maybe even better. I've seen him take down a full health, turreted Bastion in 5 hits, while bastion was blazing away, full auto at him and barely able to hit. If you want to talk about too much damage, there's where you need to be looking.

Symmetria's leash has to do so much damage, because she has to get so close to use it. If you catch her out in the open, instead of a confined space, and/or not get ambushed by her, she becomes less of a threat.

On the other hand, Zen can kill you just as fast, if not faster, from the other side of the map, just by spamming a choke point.

The main problems have been when my teams do scatter. ^_^;
    Some low level(since I'm just starting) teams seem to have no concept of teamwork.
    I'm also getting good at killing targets as Lucio. Plus I've discovered the knockback can be used to briefly interrupt someone's attacks long enough to finish them off when near walls, in addition to it's obvious use of knocking people off cliffs.
    Ugh. Don't get me started on teamwork. I rage quit a few times today after getting stuck with the Mei that loves to throw up an ice wall, trapping her team inside the starting area on a KoTH map, the Hanzo that seemed more interested in climbing some minor protrusion just outside the starting area, rather than just go around it and get in the game, the Phara that was running around on foot and never ONCE tried to use her jet pack to try to get behind the enemy choke point, the D.Va and Rein that would constantly back away from one or two enemies, despite their having full shield strength and the entire team backing them up, the Genji and McCree that would run around outside the objective area on KoTH and never once try to actually take it.....

It's even worse when this crap happens on your placement matches, when you CAN'T quit and find a better team. My placement rankings have to suffer because I get forced onto a team full of short bus special snowflakes.
    Last edited by Mutazoia; 2017-03-13 at 07:24 AM.
    "Sleeping late might not be a virtue, but it sure aint no vice. The old saw about the early bird and the worm just goes to show that the worm should have stayed in bed."

- L. Long

I think, therefore I get really, really annoyed at people who won't.

"A plucky band of renegade short-order cooks fighting the Empire with the power of cheap, delicious food and a side order of whup-ass."

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ettin in the Playground

I did get one satisfying moment, where I countered a Reaper's death blossom with Lucio's ult.
    Sadly not "play of the game"... that went to "why was the play of the game a Junkrat getting two kills a few seconds apart from eachother?".
    Also, first ever lootbox? Legendary Zarya skin.
    Not that I know how to play her at all.
    Last edited by Togath; 2017-03-13 at 07:58 AM.
    Meow(Steam page)

28. - Top - End - #118
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ello! Just checking in to say my battle tag is Stercore#21590, and I would very much appreciate grouping up with some half decent (and half civil) people!
    Faceist avatar by Kwarkpudding. Cheers!

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I know I am playing with other low-skilled people, but I really don' feel Bastion is harder to kill than before.
    Also, I keep getting surprised at how much damage Lucio's gun actually does.
    Lucio's gun is the worst in the game, but it's still, you know, a gun. And he does have the advantage that there's never a reason to stop firing it. As for Bastion, he still requires support for a Reinhardt to work. In that circumstance, he can be quite effective.

Okay... so this is how it feels to be on the OTHER side of bad matchmaking.
    I played my first placement match just now and wow. We steamrolled the other team. Completely. First round... Started tough then they just deflated. Then we pressed them so far back, on all three maps, that they never reached the objective again.

Good for my rating, but frustrating because A) Not that fun and B) I don't have time in the morning to be playing more than one game, and well... I would have LOVED to stay in this team for awhile.
    Placement matches don't really have matchmaking, especially early on. And yeah, my one big gripe with Overwatch is that the quality of my experience is totally dependent on my teammates, and far too often, quick play is full of asshats, and I don't often want to devote 30+ minutes to a competitive match.

Please....let's talk Zen for a minute. His orbs can take out just about any other character in 4 or 5 hits, from a range that is rivaled only by Widomaker's scoped firing mode...maybe even better. I've seen him take down a full health, turreted Bastion in 5 hits, while bastion was blazing away, full auto at him and barely able to hit. If you want to talk about too much damage, there's where you need to be looking.
    So you're telling me that Zen's alt fire is useful against a stationary target with a giant hitbox. Good to know.

In all seriousness, of course Zen is good versus Bastion, but he has NO survival mechanic other than killing you before you kill him. There's plenty of Heroes that have damage that doesn't degrade over range. Mercy, Zenyatta, Junkrat, Pharah, Hanzo, Widowmaker, and yes, now that Bastion can't reduce his spread, he's incredibly vulnerable to being sniped from across map. That's why you need to use positioning to avoid letting them have a long sight-line against you, and even then, you can still get peeked, which is why you don't take Bastion out of his box unless you have a Reinhardt to defend him.

Symmetria's leash has to do so much damage, because she has to get so close to use it. If you catch her out in the open, instead of a confined space, and/or not get ambushed by her, she becomes less of a threat.
    Which would sound good, except that it ignores map choice and role. Yes, if you have to charge across an open plain with Symmetra, you're going to have a bad day, but guess what? She's only picked on maps where she can turret up chokepoints and then jump on you while you're distracted. Getting close with Symmetra is NOT hard. It's as easy as 'wait til they approach, then fire the barrier and chase it in'. Even Reaper, which arguably should be the most dangerous close-ranged Hero, can be juked in melee range. Symmetra, on the other hand, simply holds down left click. Not fun.

Zen's damage doesn't hold a candle to Symmetra's, because the best Zenyatta in the world has only 42% accuracy, and most have far less. There's plenty of Heroes that can kill you in a second or two from across the map, Zen is just the one with the fattest hitbox and no way to avoid getting killed himself.

Ugh. Don't get me started on teamwork. I rage quit a few times today after getting stuck with the Mei that loves to throw up an ice wall, trapping her team inside the starting area on a KoTH map, the Hanzo that seemed more interested in climbing some minor protrusion just outside the starting area, rather than just go around it and get in the game, the Phara that was running around on foot and never ONCE tried to use her jet pack to try to get behind the enemy choke point, the D.Va and Rein that would constantly back away from one or two enemies, despite their having full shield strength and the entire team backing them up, the Genji and McCree that would run around outside the objective area on KoTH and never once try to actually take it.....
    Unfortunately there's no hotfix for human stupidity. There are, however, single-player games.

It's even worse when this crap happens on your placement matches, when you CAN'T quit and find a better team. My placement rankings have to suffer because I get forced onto a team full of short bus special snowflakes.
    The only upside of that is that you'll get matched against shortbus enemies too.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ogre in the Playground

Symmetria use to be a buffer character (and still is after a fashion). She would apply shields directly to her team mates, rather than waiting to summon a shield generator, and her primary fire had a much sorter range, and did less damage. All this combined to make her one of the least played characters in the game.

Symmatra's primary fire always did as much damage as it does now. The difference now is that she can lock it in from further away, and the longer reach makes it easier to grab the next target, so it's easier to charge up quickly and easier to maintain charge. Also, she placed turrets much slower because she could only stock 3 at a time and there was a longer cooldown, which meant it took longer to set up a laser grid and was much harder to rebuild after it was shot down.

She did shield teammates directly before, but it was for a piddly +25 health (it used to be more in the beta but was nerfed).

As someone who plays a ton of Symmetra, the best counters for her are either to stay out of her range, or to play a highly mobile character who can get away. Winston is pretty much her worst nightmare, as he can take down her turrets quickly, doesn't have to aim to hit Symmetra, and can leap in/leap out without having to fear her gun too much. The problem is that Winston is a tough character to play if you're not good with him, and he's been out of meta for a very long time because he sucks against other tanks.

Yep. Baby D.va is immune to damage while in her mech. She's just got to stay alive once she ejects.
    This is true, but I wanted to add that she's not invulnerable while getting in/out of her mech. A Reinhardt with good enough timing can hit her as she's popping out of the mech, then hit her again for the kill right as her feet are touching the ground. Other characters could potentially kill her this way too, but it's definitely easiest for Rein, if he's practiced at timing the swings correctly. There's nothing worse for a D.Va than getting charged into a wall, beaten until her mech blows up, then hammered to death before she can hit the ground and run away.