New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Dragonmarks Elite: Golden Stream of Silver (IC)

Sidara laughs at the irrelevancy of Belter's response, though her eyes harbor little amusement. "I think I'm beginning to understand why you don't want to be judged by your words."

"Where will I find Kormalek?" she asks Stannix while she waits for Jack to work his unusual magic. It's a dreadfully slow process, but having already witnessed its effect, it is one she abides without protest.

Once the wizard is finished, and once Sidara is certain of where she'll find the Black Roses, she nods to the half-giant. "Let's get this over with."

2. - Top - End - #272
    Titan in the Playground

Belter frowns.

That was not what he was expecting.

"You outworlders are strange." he whispers as he lets the magical weave of his new companion wash over him, he wanted to refuse it, but he knew, deep down, he shouldn't, he needed to embrace this heresy, and so he would, for the greater good.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

“Take but degree away, untune that string, And, hark, what discord follows!” -Shakespeare
    “Gnyðja mundu nú grísir, ef þeir vissi, hvat inn gamli þyldi” -Ragnar Lodbrok

"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus

Discord -Now with a recruitment bot!

3. - Top - End - #273
    Ogre in the Playground

Still driving the machine, Stannix points a finger toward one of the tables, "Well then, before you go, remember to take all the sheets with you, there are a couple of dossiers you may find interesting. See you again... someday!"
    Does this poster have a sign?

4. - Top - End - #274
    Titan in the Playground

As the rest of the group gathers for Jack’s spell, Blue gets back up and walks over to Stannix to collect whatever documents might be left. "Thank you," he says with a deep nod at the Cannith heir, but his eyes do not leave the warforged limb grafted to his hand. He cannot help himself the last comment towards the man before he leaves.

"I have seen the labors of war, met men like you. Brilliance is not an open door. Some things ought not be tampered with. Remember that, Stannix d’Cannith."

The last to join the circle, Blue does not look back at the artificer. Instead, the paladin stares straight ahead, the pinpricks of pale light reflecting no visible emotion.
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

5. - Top - End - #275
    Ogre in the Playground

Jack has everyone hold hands in a circle. It's not strictly necessary, thanks to the weave, but it is classical and it's a nice gesture. Keeping in mind a certain spot near Flamekeep, he finishes his incantations. The group disappears, leaving the wagon empty save for Stannix.
    Spoiler: Roll
    Show
    Accuracy - (1d100)[75]

The environment seems to suddenly shift as the incantation finishes. Around them, a small clearing among the trees is home to a small shrine and a stone bench, with a few weatherworn statue's laying around. This is a likely place for young lovers to find some intimacy; no word on why this place was so etched in Jack's brain. Around them, the sun shines lazily upon a great lawn at the top of the hill, not quite wild but far from domesticated, dottend by solitary trees and a few benches where old people are seated. Clusters of trees hide other secluded spots like the one they are in. A bit farther, fields of wheat fill much of the plain and a paved road leads to Flamekeep, not too far to the northeast.
    Last edited by iTookUrNick; 2018-03-24 at 11:52 AM.
    My day job is killing me. But I will rise again, more powerful than ever!

PbP: Sky Captain (IC|OOC) - The Warlock of Monte Cristo (IC|OOC)
    Homebrew|Avatar by Ceika

6. - Top - End - #276
    Ogre in the Playground

The last thing you hear from Stannix is him pondering about Blue comment "Mh, lectured by a war machine... I bet that's fitting."

After Jack completes his incantation and you find in your new place, each of you has a brief disoreinting sensation, probably due to your teleporting from a travelling machine on to solid ground.
    Welcomed by a gentle breeze and the idyllic sight of Thrane countryside, for a while it seems like you are taking a break for your usual action, but the package of dossiers Blue took up remind you of your real goal. Between them, you can read about your next target, find the documentation clarifying Sidara and Jack role as Thronehold representatives for the Black Roses and the Silver Flame, a bunch of document clarifying your legal status as servants of the Tribunal, and a strange dossier, that somehow ended up in the package.

As Jack takes some moment to recollect himself and takes a look at the indications given, he notices that, from the position you find yourself in, the group can easily reach Flamekeep where, according to your informations, liutenant Verodin Askarda of the Knights of Thrane already expects you, and will give you any information the Silver Flame has been able to recollect.
    Alternatively, the distance separating you from the Cyran encampment, situated northwest of your position, is not that much greater, and with an hour more of travel you should be able to reach it first, if you should choose so.
    Last edited by CozJa; 2018-03-25 at 11:21 AM.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ogre in the Playground

"Alright, let's see..." mumbles Jack, as he considers their next move.
    "We are about halfway from both Flamekeep and the Cyrean encampment. By design, I might add. Considering we are in friendly territory" (allegedly) "we can consider splitting up and doubling our efficiency in collecting what information might be already available to us. It would make the most sense for Sidara and Blue to go ahead and meet the mercenaries, given their shared background. The rest of us could make way for the Keep, where we are expected to report. Once we are done, I will send for the other group and coordinate where to go from there. How does that sound?"

Homebrew|Avatar by Ceika

8. - Top - End - #278
    Titan in the Playground

When the spell is over, Blue finds himself standing in a field. Extricating his huge metal hands from the others, the juggernaut gives Jack the documents from Stannix. There is little use in him holding onto them. Instead, Blue takes a second to admire the countryside. He has no real words to describe the sight, but he knows the warm-sun feeling of contentment when it strikes him.

"We can split up," the warforged agrees with Jack. "Your suggestions make sense. The Black Roses are better suited to Sidara and I. Jack, you would work best talking to Flamekeep. The rest of you can choose."
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2018-03-25 at 02:18 PM.
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

9. - Top - End - #279
    Titan in the Playground

Bel takes the hands offered to him, and waits. It wasn't dissimilar to how he traveled via plants, though, this was strongly abhorrent, and therefor...wrong, but the feeling he experienced, the discomfort of being on something moving, and then not, was not new.

He looked around, and for a moment, he was caught by the nature of the place, stones worn with use, their souls singing with triumph, their reason for being....and then he saw the golden fields of wheat, and almost vomited.

He would never understand why people would rape the earth like this, why they soil her wounds, and destroy, abuse, and reap her fruits.

No wait, he could, because they can, and it made his blood boil.

He barely noticed them talking over some loose bark, he forced himself away from the view that enraged him, he focused on the...ah yes, paper, he recognized the scratches on it as writing, but he had never taken the time to learn, another crutch of civilization.

Calming, he heard Jack speak and shrugged, he would prefer him, over the large giant soulless man, even if he was tender with Blue earlier.

"I will go with Jack" he said simply, the thought of seeing a group of farmers was almost to much to think of.
    Last edited by BelGareth; 2018-03-27 at 12:12 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

“Take but degree away, untune that string, And, hark, what discord follows!” -Shakespeare

"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ogre in the Playground

This is without a doubt the closest Sidara has ever been to the Thranish capital, to the seat of a church responsible for turning fathers into fanatics, sons into martyrs, and for laying the bodies of both at the walls of Cyre's cities. Here reigns an orthodoxy poisoned by personal ambition, twisted into an engine of power and profit that serves not to nurture or enrich the faithful, but to control them. What good their faithless leaders might accomplish, what evils of this world they might eradicate, were they not so interested in keeping their own people afraid.

Sidara's contempt of this place is palpable, her unease evident both in the expression on her face and in the fidgeting of her hands. While others might find comfort in the beauty of their surroundings, Sidara finds a wholly unfamiliar sense of vulnerability, as though every passing stranger knows her for who she is and what she's done.

"Yes, fine," she says in agreement to the growing consensus. The sooner she is among her own the better.

As she sets off with Blue, she finds her anxiety and natural alacrity are far outpacing her adamantine companion. Despite a torturous effort to match his plodding stride, she at times finds herself a considerable distance ahead. On those occasions where she has to wait for him to catch up, she paces back and forth or walks in circles rather than stand still.
    Last edited by rypt; 2018-03-26 at 08:56 PM.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Titan in the Playground

As the others leave, Bel turns to Jack, and asks "Are we to teleport there?" in all earnestness, thinking the wizard to be completely reliant upon his supernatural abilities. "I think comrade, that perhaps we can walk?" he answers himself, pointing the way with an open palm to the side, in the direction the city.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

12. - Top - End - #282
    Ogre in the Playground

"Fantastic!" comments jack in a delighted tone after hearing Bel's choice. He is momentarily taken aback at the druid's eager questions, but rolls with them without too much trouble. "Sure, we can walk. I did not actually prepare any more long range teleportation spells for today. However, we could also ride or fly if you prefer.".
    To the smaller warforged he asks: "What about you, Zvyce? Are coming with us too?"

He turn back to Bel, saying: "I'm really glad you decided to come with. I'm guessing you've never been to the Thranish capital, to the beating heart of a church responsible for turning fathers into dutiful mentors, sons into joyous acolytes, and for keeping the souls of both under the Flame's own protective wings. Here reigns the wisdom of those who strive to make the world a better place for everyone, channelled into an engine of Good and Righteousness that serves to nurture and enrich the faithful, setting them free to pursue those ideals in relations to their nature. Such good our fearless leaders have accomplished, such evils of this world they have eradicated, and so much more is expected to be done under the current Keeper's holy guidance.

Homebrew|Avatar by Ceika

13. - Top - End - #283
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

Zvyce shakes himself back to the here and now at the mention of his name. He'd allowed himself to get lost in thought trying to see if he could recall anything from his past, but no luck was to be had at this point.

"My! You do know how to sell a destination, Jack! Please do lead on, I'd be happy to enjoy the company of you, Blue and Bel. Perhaps you can regale us further on the local lore as we walk?"

14. - Top - End - #284
    Ogre in the Playground

"Gladly!" answers Jack. "As a man of science, I think I might be biased on the subject; as a man of faith, though, I know I am Right.

So, anything specific you would like to know?"
    He then proceeds to recount bits and pieces of lore about his faith, the capital and its current prominent figures.

Homebrew|Avatar by Ceika

15. - Top - End - #285
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

"What can you tell about local customs and the overall acceptance of exotic races?
    I somehow think knowledge could make or break our efforts at peace keeping. The potential to better empathize with the players in this drama could move mountains."

16. - Top - End - #286
    Titan in the Playground

Noticing Sidara's discomfort after the second time that she is forced to wait for him, Blue lets out a rattling sigh. Normally, he does not make a show of displaying his abilities like this, but he gets the impression that the quicker they get to their destination, the better. So as the warforged moves forward, he allows his internal psionic reservoir to take over. His next step is between dimensions, landing him exactly 50 ft in front of where he was. Then, as his core recharges, Blue walks at his normal pace, only to teleport again the moment that the matrix is at full capacity.

"Is this better? I can keep doing this as long as you want. But I should probably stop outside the encampment." People tend to have strange reactions to a teleporting living weapon. Fear is the most likely response, followed by confusion. Both lead to questions he would rather not answer here.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Blue is using his dimension stride power as his standard action to move forward 50 ft, then walk 20 ft as his psycrystal automatically recharges the focus for Psycarnum Infusion to use dimension stride on his next turn. This effectively boosts his movement per round to 70 ft.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Ogre in the Playground

Jack reddens at Zvyce's question. he looks away for a moment, composing himself, then answers as truthfully as he can.
    "The Silver Flame teaches that good can be found in every soul, and encourages Purified to judge others based on their deeds rather than their background, including their race. However, the fact that humans constitute the vast majority of Flame worshippers cannot be left unsaid; as such, members of more exotic races, such as you and I, can sometimes experience a little resistance in some circles. That's just human nature. While the Flame is infallible, its followers are not. This has led to some judgment errors in the past, errors that the Church is very careful not to repeat. Nowadays, efforts are made by groups such as the Chalice of Blood to better integrate members of less common races into the hierarchy, and to preach and promote our creed among them. This in turn means that..."
    Jack pauses. He's probably rambling out on a tangent here. "...that, basically, while in theory we should have little to no problems, it really comes down on who we'll be dealing with. And that is the Truth."

Homebrew|Avatar by Ceika

18. - Top - End - #288
    Ogre in the Playground

With pursed lips and a raised brow, Sidara seems bemusedly impressed by the warforged's teleportation. "Better," she says with a slight nod, "though I don't think the Roses will care half as much anyone we might happen upon along the way." She watches intently as a considerable distance behind them, a mounted knight and his squire are crossing the road along some lesser path. She stands unmoving for a time as she observes their course. When she finally turns to continue on her way, she seems deep in thought or memory.

She says nothing for the next few minutes, until, seemingly out of the blue, she asks "You ever fight a man who believed that his faith guaranteed his victory?"
    Last edited by rypt; 2018-03-30 at 04:53 PM.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Titan in the Playground

"You are referring to Thrane," Blue replies after a moment of reflection. He times his words between jumps, so that he is not cut off mid-sentence. As he walks, he takes the time to look at he other mage, the lights behind his visor inscrutable.

"I have seen angels converge over battlefields, too late to save believers. I have seen prayers answered by silence. I have also known salvation in my time. Miracles can exist." Gathering his necklace, the warforged shows off his holy symbol to Sidara. Dol Arrah's engraved sun gleams in the light of day. "But faith is not a fortress. Believing in something does not make it true. I think of it as a pair of shoes, or some lenses. You carry with you for a while. It shapes you."
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2018-04-03 at 11:25 AM.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Ogre in the Playground

Chapter Two: Shadows of Peace

Flamekeep

Approaching the high seat of Thranish power, the imposing city strikes immediately the eyes of any first time obsever, and even those of the accustomed visitors.

The officier at the checkpoint of Flamekeep south gives a thorough reading to your documents, then point you toward the western knight barracks of the Cathedral, situated in the external courtyard, not far from where Jack and the less Keeper guards reside when off-duty; right there, you can find liutenant Verodin Askarda.

Spoiler: Jack
    Show

Based on your local knowledge, you notice that the officers seem to be a bit more nervous and take a great deal of attention in reading your documents, a thing that usually doesn't happen, especially with known Flamists.

Once passed the lighting rail station and traversed the long bridge reaching to the city proper, your group can freely walk around the roads, sprawling of people from many different places: humans, elves and dwarves are quite numerous, but it's almost impossible to see warforged around, apart from the odd guard here and there. The city is filled with many voices, words of merchants and preachers joining together in a lively concert of voices praising the Silver Flame worthiness, and the valour of their wares.
    It is difficult to walk around the city without noticing the many different mosaics, paintings and sculptures depicting the actions of many former heroes of the faith, with Tira clearly being the preferred subject; even if the war raged for many years, images depicting scenes of it are quite scarce, possibly indicating the fact that heroics deeds and acts of war are more beloved the farther they are in history.

It take at least a forty five minutes for the three of you to reach the barracks, where Jack is friendly greeted by some of the guardians, while Bel and Zvyce are received with many odd stares. At least many more than Jack. The group is told that liutenant Verodin is currently in his barrack.
    Last edited by CozJa; 2018-04-02 at 05:24 AM.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Ogre in the Playground

Sidara grimaces at Blue's mention of miracles. She doesn't know where he served, or for how long, but there were none in the war she fought.

When he presents his holy symbol, she slows down briefly to get a better look. "Hm. And do you believe Dol Arrah's out there somewhere, shaping the events of the world? Do you believe that she cares if you live or die?" The questions are direct, but perhaps surprisingly, given the one asking them, not accusatory or dismissive. She seems genuinely interested in hearing the warforged thinks.
    Last edited by rypt; 2018-04-03 at 10:44 AM.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Ogre in the Playground

As hey approach the city, Jack is in an increasingly good mood. It's no just that he's coming back home, but he is also happy and proud that he gets to show it off to his new companions. He's sure they'll be delights as he is to be there.

As they approach the gate, he takes the lead and speaks for the three of them when questioned. He is a bit surprised at the level of scrutiny they receive, but then looking at his two friend he just shrugs it off. He tries to chat up the guard: "I've been away a little while.Is there anything unusual going on in the city?" he asks.

As they walk towards the cathedral, the half-giant turns into a tour-guide, pointing out a particular piece of art or an impressive structure dedicated to the Flame. He knows a little tidbit for everything he shows and tries to keep the anecdotes fresh and interesting, despite many of them being about religious figures of the past. Given Bel's presence, he makes a few detours to show him some of the green spaces within the city (there aren't that many, unfortunately, since space is at a premium on the keep) that he might use for meditation. For Zvyce he passes in front of the building containing his own quarters, situated in close proximity to the theological library and the Arcaneum. "I could have gotten a better room" explains Jack "This one is a bit cramped, but it's basically adjacent to the magical laboratory of the keep. I'll show it to you: I'm sure you'll find everything you might need there, or in the stalls of the merchants we passed by."

As they approach theKeep itself, next to their destination, he warns the others: "I assume you are both attuned to divine energies. If you feel a tingling sensation, just know it is the ward protecting the keep and the surrounding land. Spells with the death, evil, or teleportation descriptor, conjuration (summoning) spells, and evocation [fire] spells are all forbidden by the wards of the keep unless you have been attuned to them."

Eventually, they reach the barracks. Jack is as happy to see the other guards as they are of being him. He is quite well liked among the troops, since he comes off as a friendly chap lacking the usual haughtiness of high-ranking Flamites, not to mention the merits of having a combat mage in your unit. He exchanges a few jokes and, after vouching for the other two members of the group, he asks to see liutenant Verodin. He has a vague recollection of the lieutenant, though the two did not interact much prior, having never been on the same assignment.
    Last edited by iTookUrNick; 2018-04-06 at 06:13 AM.

Homebrew|Avatar by Ceika

23. - Top - End - #293
    Titan in the Playground

Blue considers Sidara's question carefully before replying. "Whether Dol Arrah exists is... irrelevant. I can call forth her power regardless, to protect others. That is enough for me. Her power - if it is her power - allows those open to it to shape the world. No god is going to do that for us."
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2018-04-03 at 11:26 AM.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Ogre in the Playground

Sidara flashes a brief smile, nodding approvingly before turning to stare out into the countryside. "The first time I met one of their paladins on the field, I was told I would be cleansed. That the flames of the devoted would purify Cyre." She scoffs. "It sounded crazy to me, but I'll be damned if he didn't believe it. Even as he died.

"For years I fought men just like him, with their shining armor and their burning swords. Each of them so certain of their own righteousness that I thought the Flame complicit in their crusade. Why else would it lend its power to such a cause?

"An orc named Kharrig opened my eyes to the truth." She draws from beneath her armor a symbol of her own. It is a small wooden thing, crudely carved, chipped and scratched, rendered differently from the symbols of the church, but unmistakable in its likeness of a burning flame. "The Flame is not a god, it's not a council of cardinals, and it's not Thrane's." She speaks the last with particular intensity. "The Flame is a weapon, and for better or for worse, it falls to us to wield it against worthy foes."
    Last edited by rypt; 2018-04-03 at 10:59 PM.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Titan in the Playground

"I see," Blue says, his movements dipping his face between light and shadow. "And it clear that you see something as well. Your Flame is a sword, my Sovereign a shield. We both view our beliefs as tools. There is something true in that. It is a fact that few ever consider. I think understand you, Sidara."

Coming to a halt, the warforged looks at his companion. His words have been cool, but not entirely devoid of respect. The warrior-woman has impressed him on some level, and he conveys the position of nodding his head approvingly without actually doing so.

"We should be approaching the camp soon," Blue says after a momentary silence. "You should talk to them. This is not my area."
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

26. - Top - End - #296
    Ogre in the Playground

Sidara is used to people telling her what they think of her. What she's not used to is them having anything nice to say. Blue, for his part, doesn't have to say much at all, but his silent sentiment is positive enough to elicit a puzzled look followed by an uncomfortable chuckle.

When the warforged then suggests that she do the talking upon their arrival at the Cyran camp, she raises a hand in reassurance. "Yeah, I'll handle it," she says, having known from the moment they left that this would be the case.

27. - Top - End - #297
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

When he gets the moment to do so, Zvyce pulls his comrades aside, "This is a large and magnificent city, indeed. May I suggest we all present ourselves to the lieutenant and then return to Jack's quarters to discuss our agenda with all information we will have at that point? Assignments can be passed out at that point."

28. - Top - End - #298
    Ogre in the Playground

"Sure. We'll do just that." confirms Jack, who had already assumed as much.

Homebrew|Avatar by Ceika

29. - Top - End - #299
    Ogre in the Playground

Flamekeep outskirts

Sidara and Blue, maybe influenced by the place they found themselves in, discuss their faiths while traveling toward the Cyran encampment...

After a while, you follow a country lane to reach their destination; a large wooden palisade circles (or seems to circle) an encampent, bordering a trickle on its left side; following the lane, the entrance to the palisade is guarded by two thranish guards on the outside, recognizable by their bright white breastplates punctuated by silvery stripes (everything is surprisingly clean) and by two cyran soldiers, a man and a woman of around forty years old, on the inside of the palisade, both clothed in full black.
    As the two of you approach the entrance, the two thranish guards look at Blue with some apprehension, then the older one, who must be in his fifties, glances at Sidara, as if trying to remember her face; he takes your documents and, after a brief inspection, let you pass through the entrance.

As you pass them, you reach the two Cyran guards; they both look quite depressed, whether it be for the black vest or their expressions; at your sight, one of them widens her eyes, and completely ignore the documents you bring. "Angel of Eston? Is that you? Thronehold sent *you* to help us?" Realizing her excessive reaction, the woman composes herself, then invites you to enter. "Welcome even to you, powerful warforged! Follow me, I'll bring you to our commander!"

The woman makes way, and you can follow her through the 'encampment'. In fact, the palisade seems larger than expected: many tents punctuate a large farmed territory, offering a strange mixing of a martial camp and a farmed country; all those around seem to live their lives quitely andpeacefully, even the many soldiers wearing their uniforms; a lot of eyes turn toward Sidara and Blue, and many expressions turn from disenchanted interest to a glimpse of hope. As you walk through people moving their livestocks and artisans working on makeshift laboratories, you reach a part where the tents have a higher density, and come before one large enough to have a hundred of people inside it; heraldic symbols of Cyre and the Black rose company hangs over the entrance, and inside you can find the typical mishmash of styles and colours defined by many with longing respect, and by others with contempt, 'Cyran Appreciation'.
    Passing through a group of armors, you can see Commander Ramas Kormalek on a seat, playing idly with a dagger. As he notices you, he rise up and walks fast toward you. "I take it they are our ambassadors?" he asks to the soldier with you, who nods in confirmation.
    "And is she who I think she is?" the soldier nods again, and hands your documents to Ramas.
    "Oh my... Lady Sidara Kell... and Blue? That's behind my wildest hopes! Welcome, worthy heroes, welcome! You'll surely know that your names still resound with pride in our Cyran mouths!"
    Last edited by CozJa; 2018-04-15 at 10:26 AM.

30. - Top - End - #300
    Titan in the Playground

Bel hadn't noticed, but he had effectively shutdown during the short walk to the city. The accounts of the day, feelings, emotions, all came down upon him, and it was all he could do to just keep walking, in fact, it helped, cathartic in it's simple motion, simple methodology of one foot in front of the other.

When the city came into view, he frowned. He had never seen such a giant man made thing, and this deeply concerned him. His soul was forfeit, so why the worry? but still, it was there. He followed Jack, and tried to listen, but he fell back into his silent reverie until they came up to the south of the city, truly, it was the bridge that woke him. He almost ran to the edge to look down, the view was amazing, and the openness was...strange, he had never before seen anything like it, only the sky felt similar.

His interests piqued, he paid attention to the spots that Jack suggested might be good for him to meditate, he didn't agree, these were cultivated areas of cared for plants, it was anathema to him, but Jack seemed to not understand, perhaps he never would. Could he even begin to explain?

He raised an eyebrow at the banned spells, and indeed, felt the vibration upon him, a strange sensation, that made him want to flee the city, but, as he had done countless times today, he gritted his teeth and stood still.

"Yes, let us meet this person, I...fear it will take me a while to get used to such a city as this."
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A