New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Dragonmarks Elite: Golden Stream of Silver (IC)

In route to Sterngate

Bel looks surprised, he had not thought such a creature could be a member of such a group. Additionally, he almost recoiled in horror as he ate, what was so obviously a magical arrow of some kind. He knew very little of these things, and so he must learn more...if he could stomach it.

"I..I believe you are correct comrade." he has a raised eyebrow at the eating, but once again, thinks the warforged does not know the nuances of human interaction, such as they are. "This is good. Maybe I can accept you...for what you are? eh, I think that might happen, we shall see. I...er...Why did you eat that?"
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

“Take but degree away, untune that string, And, hark, what discord follows!” -Shakespeare
    “Gnyðja mundu nú grísir, ef þeir vissi, hvat inn gamli þyldi” -Ragnar Lodbrok

"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus

Discord -Now with a recruitment bot!

2. - Top - End - #182
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

Zvyce waits to answer until the fletching has been consumed in its entirety. "That was an duplicate of a relic, identical in every way to the original. I created it based on an hour's study of the original. Since then, I create more commonly to 'eat'. By doing this I harvest the magical energies which I then use in the creation of magic items. I see it as proof of Arawai's approval of my actions. Everything I have has been made uh this fashion. From my haversack to my Moon Blade shells." He pulls out another arrow and repeats the process of eating it.
    Last edited by LairdMaon; 2018-02-12 at 05:54 PM.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Titan in the Playground

In route to Sterngate

Bel couldn't take it anymore, his look of abject horror and disgust was too much to bear, and the thought of creating a magical item to EAT? He was not a machine, no, and he had no idea about how they worked, why would such a soulless abomination want to create and devour blasphemous trinkets in a cycle of macabre irreverence, and then CLAIM it was the approval of Arawai?

Bel made a mental note to go see these 'druid's that accepted this walking obscenity to nature, and why exactly they accepted it with so wide a arms.

His recent burst of joy was subsumed by a smoldering anger at having to endure this...whatever he could call it.

He walked on in silence, not trusting himself to say anything...not that the machine would know any better.
    Last edited by BelGareth; 2018-02-12 at 06:02 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

“Take but degree away, untune that string, And, hark, what discord follows!” -Shakespeare

"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus

4. - Top - End - #184
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

Zvyce watches the emotions dance chaoticly across Bel's face. "My friend, you look unwell. Is it something you ate?"

CRUNCH
    grind
    grind
    grind
    Last edited by LairdMaon; 2018-02-12 at 06:36 PM.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Titan in the Playground

Hungry?

His stomach audibly growled.

No.

Not this.

He winced, visibly even, and for the first time began to feel angry about the whole ordeal, before were lies to placate his mind, reasoning that what he was doing was for the good of the cause, the words of his mentors rang empty in his mind, and his stomach began to growl in earnest.

He looked to the ring on his finger, the ring that would damn his soul, damn him from hunting, and killing, and eating the flesh of his hunt, he no longer....he couldn't think about it, no, he could not eat...not until the ring sated his hunger...how long was it? How long did he have to fast for?

He shook his head and steeled his resolve.

"I...I am not used to any of this, I...apologize." he said, through clenched teeth. In a way, it was a blessing that the first person he met on this journey was a man-not-man-machine, for if it were a person, with a soul, they would have surely responded differently, and knew his heart much easier.

"I am curious, how old are you? Who made you and why?"

He realized the questions were slightly blunt, but he felt he could get away with them.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

6. - Top - End - #186
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

If Zvyce could look surprised, he would appear so now. "An apology? No, Bel! It is too soon in our friendship for such things! As for when I was brought to life and where, I'm a afraid I don't have those answers. I left the life of soldiering behind me. And at some point many of those memories behind as well. Now I choose to fight on the side of what is right and good. That is the difference. I choose. And is that not what matters in the end?"

7. - Top - End - #187
    Titan in the Playground

In route to Sterngate

Bel frowned. Was the not-man-machine having a stroke?

No. It was something else.

He almost took a moment to marvel this thing before him, but then realized what it was, and revulsion, the appropriate reaction, took over. He hid it well, stuffing it down with all his other demons that he refused to meet.

Friendship?

He frowned thinking about the connotations that implied.

"Yes, yes...that definitely is important." He says absentmindedly.

Spoiler
    Show

More than happy to move onward, don't want to hog the game from the others.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ogre in the Playground

Thy Brother's Keeper

A repeated metallic noise resounds in the place, as if Rook tried to laugh as organic creatures do, but without any success "I see, I see... you are powerful indeed, and you try to respect those warriors even in their death... but wouldn't you like to feel the pain they felt?"

Blue can feel the air changing slightly. A thin mist rise up from cracks in the terrain, and his sensorial receptors capture a pungent smell, probably coming from an acidic source. Suddenly, moving is a bit more difficult, and the warforged hero feels a sensation similar to sand pouring in his joints

"I see that you made some... upgrade, well, you were not the only one!"
    as he hears those last words, a figure comes out from the mist in front of Blue: if not for his voice, Rook would be impossible to recognize: stitched parts of living tissue are put on his body, and every other part is painted in coal black. Only his two 'eyes', now glowing in an ember red, give him a resemblance of life; he wields a pointed knife in his right hand, while the other arm ends with an oversized modified battlefist.
    The monstrous creature who once was a friend advances toward Blue...

"I don't want your time, I want your essence!"

Sterngate

As the Dark Lanterns are helped to find a good resting place for their fallen companion, many eyes look at the returning group. Most of them are filled with awe and respect for the results they obtained. Some of the soldiers whisper to each other, asking if the bright creature that departed and never came back was part of the holy man spirit, or a manifestation of the fierce Cyran warrior. Others look at the scarred hobgoblins, wondering if they are really friends or foes, while other look with apprehension at the bound necromancer, fearing that she will stay prisoner in the fort.

After a while Mahk'r walks slowly beside Sidara, looking at an unidentified point on the distant wall in front of them.
    "You know, I used to work as a guide during the last years of the war. I helped many expeditions crossing the Thunder Sea. Researchers and tourists at first, but as the war was reaching its conclusion, refugees were my commonest clients.
    When I came back to Khorvaire I helped a lot of people from your country to cross the border, trying to keep them away from harm. Sometimes I succeded, sometimes I failed."
    The hobgoblin puts an hand into one pocket, and extracts a coin, an old Cyran coin, filled with marks on both sides.
    "Whenever I'm tired of this life, I take a look at this coin: on this side, I cut a sign for every person who travelled with me onto a new hope, while on this other side, one mark for every person I lost. For a warrior, It's a good thing to mourn our losses, but it's more important to place them in the right context, that of the lives you saved."
    He stops for a moment, placing the coin back in his pocket.
    "But maybe I'm just getting old and preachy, and you'll prefer to be left alone."

Sterngate captain, with a visibly altered face, finally greets you, speaking with a calm and educated voice, that is in contrast with his body language:
    "Glad to see you are back. I'll need a full report on all threats to Sterngate you discovered and... well, I've just received notice that a pair of your... colleagues are on their way to meet you here at the fort."
    The man whistles, and a couple of soldiers come out from a secondary door, taking in custody the necromancer. As they go away, the captain signals the group to follow him.
    "Join me in the meeting room, We have some matters to discuss... No, you stay there." He says to Mahk'r and Gheerla, who moved to follow.

Sterngate Entrance

As you move to the fortress, you see the two guards at the gate looking at you: both seem war veterans, bracing their glaives with experience and wearing well crafted and polished armors. One of them, clearly older, bears on his face the scars of numerous fights, while the other have a look on his eyes that tells tales of many battlefields.
    The older one speak first, looking directly at Zvyce:
    "Hey! I've seen more warforged in ths week than in the last year!"
    The younger ignores his words, look at a paper he has on hand, than knocks twice on the wooden door, which subesquently opens
    "You may enter. Central room of the keep." He says in an almost warforgedly emotionless voice.
    Last edited by CozJa; 2018-02-13 at 03:46 AM.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

Zvyce marvels at their greeting, "Oh my! We are expected! Well that's quite good. You coming?"
    With that, he walks into the enters and makes his way to the center room of the keep.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Ogre in the Playground

"That is True" agrees Jack, somewhat surprised of sharing such a profound belief with the warforged.
    After hearing Mahkr's words along the same lines, he comments: "The Last War is supposed to have forged a generation of warriors, but it seems it produced one of philosophers too".

As the captain approaches, Jack's attention turns to him. "Of course. We dealt with the threat already, but we will be sure to loop you in on the details.

Reinforcements are always a welcome addition. I wonder what the next mission will entail: I would be hard-pressed to guess based on the scant evidence we uncovered during this one."

He bows in farewell to the two hobgoblins, in particular the warrior, to whom he feels he has connected more: "Should our paths diverge here, may the light of the silver flame guide you upon your own."
    My day job is killing me. But I will rise again, more powerful than ever!

PbP: Sky Captain (IC|OOC) - The Warlock of Monte Cristo (IC|OOC)
    Homebrew|Avatar by Ceika

11. - Top - End - #191
    Titan in the Playground

Bel frowns, but this was to be expected, swiss expected, as did the halfling slavers. So, it would make sense that these blasphemers would as well. He nodded silently to Swiss, "I will be right behind you my friend."
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

12. - Top - End - #192
    Titan in the Playground

Thy Brother's Keeper

Grumbling as he feels the strange magic tear through his inner systems, Blue cries out to the storm of flesh. "What have you done to yourself, brother? This... what you have become... it is not what he would have wanted for us."

Even as he speaks, deep down the warforged knows that he won’t get through to the being formerly known as Rook. The extent of the self-modifications, let alone, the grafts and the necromancy, are proof. He is too far gone.

Baring his sword, Blue begins to tap into the second of the concentrated matrices, even as the first replenishes itself from deep within his core. This time, he pushes his internal musculature, trying to force them past their normal limits.

It is a strength he knows well.

The false flesh is his target, and Blue closes the distance quickly. The great crystal is raised, and the soldier brings it down in a wide arc, aiming for the center of the bio-mechanical mass that used to be a friend.

Sterngate

Instead of replying to Jack’s comment, Blue just nods. There is simply nothing left to be said on the topic. At least, not out loud. He is not willing to talk about Aaren d’Cannith here, in any case. Silence is easier than finding perfunctory words.

Following the others into the central room, Blue notes the presence of two newcomers. The first is unfamiliar, a tall and rugged man with a darker complexion. A Reacher, by the look of his dress. Blue bows his head in a sign of respect, the movement creating a sound like slowly shattering glass as the sand caught in his joints gets caught in the adamantine valves.

And the second...

"Zvyce? What are you doing here?"
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2018-03-05 at 11:55 PM.
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

13. - Top - End - #193
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

Zvyce jerks up at his name used in such a familiar tone. "Yes? I am Zvyce. And who might you be?" He turns to see the adamantine behemoth addressing him, "Oh my! And how do you know my name, giant?"

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ogre in the Playground

Sidara's expression sours slightly at Blue's comments on loss. "No, no we do not." She glances east, towards the curtain of mist that surrounds the ruin of her homeland. Though she appreciates the warforged's intent, he is about three-and-a-half years late on this one.

Moments later, she is plainly shocked to hear Mahk'r tell of the Cyrans he guided to safety. Surely his coin records fewer lives saved than those lost to Haruuc's rebellion, but it is the actions of his king that make Mahk'r's so surprising. Open conflict between Darguun and Cyre continued right up until the Day of Mourning, and Sidara recognizes that the hobgoblin likely had to protect her people from his own. It is clear that she misjudged this one, and she dips her head to allow her hair to hide the flush of self-reproach that rises through her cheeks. The amber-eyed warrior is silent for a time. She has never been good at apologies, and is unsure of how to respond until he starts to step away. "You and that banner you carry -- you're cut from different cloth. You must know that, right?" She draws a deep breath and exhales a regretful sigh. "Just ... take care of yourself, will you?" At that, she nods and turns to join Jack and Blue in the keep.
    Last edited by rypt; 2018-02-13 at 10:26 PM.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Titan in the Playground

Bel sighed as he sighted the building they would most likely have to enter. He'd seen building's like this, but never not when on a raid, or actively asking the spirits stuck in it's aberrant form to crumble and break, loosing themselves free. No, this would be the first time he would willingly enter one.

He frowned as they went deeper, directed by the guard who seemed to reply like a warforged himself, perhaps being hits close to something like this affects a person, perhaps this man is what they are all like, and that putting them all out of their misery would be blessing.

He stopped short as they were greeted.

"Another one?" he blurted out as he saw the huge warforged, a distinct difference from the one he was traveling with.
    Last edited by BelGareth; 2018-02-14 at 12:27 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

16. - Top - End - #196
    Titan in the Playground

Sterngate

If it is possible for a warforged to show surprise, Blue's face is living up to that ideal. The pinpricks of sapphire light behind his visor widen suddenly, and his shoulders move backwards in an unmistakable recoil of shock. While he quickly composes himself, it is obvious to everyone in the room that Blue was hardly expecting such an answer.

"It is... Blue. I am Blue. How do you, then... you do not remember me?" The living construct takes a single stride closer to his former companion, closing the gap significantly but leaving some space between them. The movement is at least in part to conceal the storm of question that has erupted inside Blue's head. Two faces from the past, over the course of one day. This is no coincidence. But how did Zvyce get here?

"We fought together," he continues when it becomes apparent that the other warforged clearly is not playing some sort of prank on him. The next words come out short and clipped and just a little bit affronted. "In the War. Side by side. For years."
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2018-03-05 at 11:56 PM.
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ogre in the Playground

"I don't... Oh, you mean him!" says Jack, looking at Zvyce, then Blue. He has yet to fully adjust to his reduced size, and the war forged clearly is as surprised as he is. Jack waits patiently for the two construct to finish their greetings, then bows his head slightly in salute: "Anyway, glad to make your acquaintance.. Mr. Zvyce? I am Sgt. Jack Hammer, hailing from Flamekeep. You can call me Jack if you wish."
    He adresses the other arrival: "Do you find it remarkable that creatures built for fighting would be found among a unit of elite fighters?" he comments with a light tone. With another quick bow, Jack introduces himself again. He's cordial and does not fail to smile an eager smile, yet he feels a tingle in the back of his head at the feral poise of the new arrival; he had not seen the equal since Xen'drik. Could it be... uneasiness?
    Last edited by iTookUrNick; 2018-02-14 at 03:24 PM.

Homebrew|Avatar by Ceika

18. - Top - End - #198
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

Zvyce takes a tour of Blue, walking around him, studying him for anything that might be familiar...

He pauses when his path has him facing Sgt. Hammer, "It's a pleasure to meet you and I'll be greatly interested in better getting to know you before long. Forgive me, but I'm quite curious as to your friend's recollection of me."

Turning back to continue his tour, Zvyce explains, "The War, eh? I know I fought in it, yet I have few memories of that time. I left behind fighting because I was made to. Was... Was I kind to you? We're we friends?"

19. - Top - End - #199
    Titan in the Playground

Sterngate

"... yes." Blue does not say any more in response to that, not at first. The current non-expression of his adamantine face is filled with the quiet untruth of solemnity. "Yes, we were friends. Even if I expected no kindness from you. But friendship was not why we fought. We were part of a squad. That meant something more. It still does."

For a long moment, Blue wants to ask Zvyce more. He was made to stop fighting? By who? And for what purpose? Did he give up his memories voluntarily? And more to the point, Blue is suddenly struck by the urge to divulge more of his own past, in the hopes that it might trigger something. But the words are not meant for other ears, and so he turns back to while he ponders this development.

"We should get onto the briefing. Captain?" Blue makes sure to address the officer by rank, so as to offer him the proper respect and get his attention. He does not want to dwell on personal matters longer than is necessary.

After all, he's had enough of surprise reunions.
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2018-02-20 at 02:35 PM.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Titan in the Playground

Creatures? I do not see creatures, I see...something else entirely, abominations, aberrations against the natural order, obscenities that undermine the cycle of living, monstrosities that corrupt with their every step, I see...anathema.

Bel merely nods to the new people, his mind was numb, and he could barely make out an awkward event between the two warforged, perhaps he could use that to his advantage, and avoid some more questions.

How in the this side of Dolurrh am I going to avoid questions....he mused to himself...
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ogre in the Playground

Having lingered in the yard with Mahk'r, Sidara is the last to enter the room. She does not move far from the door, taking only a few steps along the wall before stopping to lean against the edge of a table. The expression she wears on her face suggests that she's ready to leave the moment she arrives, though the unusual color of her eyes and intensity of her gaze makes it difficult to determine whether she's simply in a bad mood or if this is always how she looks. In Sidara's case, it happens to be a little bit of both. The Cyran veteran says nothing while she waits for the briefing to begin, taking measure of the two newcomers as they exchange greetings and introductions. Mindful of her previous conversation, she makes an effort not to judge them on appearance alone, though that effort is only marginally successful.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Ogre in the Playground

Thy Brother's Keeper

With much more swiftness than it could be expected by its massive body, Blue storms in front of Rook and hit it with his sword. as the blade cut trhough the artificial flesh, a noise of broken wood and grinding gears resonates in the air surrounding the two combatants.

Black fumes of necrotic tissues burst out from Rook's body, and his artificial face contorts in a grimace betraying pain and... satisfaction?

"I see you have become more ruthless, 'brother', ready to strike an old friend. Very well! You will taste better!"
    As he speaks, the horrendously mutilated warforged twists it limbs in a move that looks unnatural even for a construct, its battlefist swinging in and out and finally hitting Blue chest. The blow is powerful, but is nothing that can penetrate the warforged upgraded plating, nor its built-in regenerative matrix.

As it turns out, Rook is well aware of it: while its battlefist is still vibrating for the blow on Blue armored body, his other artifical hand moves faster than thought, leaving a trail of red brilliant energy as he strikes on Blue left arm with the knife in his hand.
    Again, the powerful warforged warrior absorbs the attack, but a strange sensation distracts him for an istant: the point of impact with the blade burned briefly, as if an extraplanar force was trying to extract Blue very essence from his body; it is a strange sensation, as if in the blinking of an eye some part of Blue were on the verge of disappearing: his memory, his integrity, or his identity? Nothing, in the end, but Rook takes advantage of the brief opening, and twists again, jumping away from Blue's grip.

His eyes glow again in ember, and in the time it takes for Blue to close the gap again, Rook raise another group of five dead bodies.
    "I *will* have you! I *will* collect the first batch!"

Sterngate Courtyard

Mahk'r bows to Jack, and salutes Sidara with a friendly smile (as much as a hobgoblin face can offer a smile that doesn't look like a sneer) "We walk all the same path, as it brings us all to the same end."
    Gheerla bows to both Sidara and Jack, her face visibly more relaxed since the tears were taken back.
    After the commander's harsh remark, the two hobgoblin look at each other, then turn their backs at the group.
    "Our work here is over, and the laws of the tribes call us back. Farewell, warriors"

As they walk to Sterngate exit leading to the Darguun side of Marguul pass, you can hear them bickering in a friendly tone, unfortunately, none of you can understand their goblinoid language.

Sterngate Main Hall

As the group is finally together, the captain let you speak, using his time to readjust some sheets on the table; when everybody falls silent in the room, he stops reading and turns to the group;
    "First of all, let me thank you on behalf of the Brelish crown for your service, both of you saved a lot lives, I'm sure about it." He says, looking at Sidara and Jack.
    "That said, I've been tasked to brief you on your next set of goals." The captain stops briefly, and the more observants between you can notice a hint of discomfort on his face. "So, according to this paper, you are expected to wait at Sterngate Lightning Rail Station tomorrow at 5:00 A.M. where you will meet with a... wagon? yes... it says wagon here, that will bring you to your next destination. Until then, you are free to take advantage of our Ghallanda safe house. Resting and dinner payments have already been taken care of for the five of you."
    Does this poster have a sign?

23. - Top - End - #203
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

Zvyce acknowledges the new instructions with a nod and turns back to Blue. "Will you be resting and eating with the others? I would be very interested to hear about our past. Perhaps I can tell you more of who I am now and we can become a more powerful force through familiarity, yes?"

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ogre in the Playground

Jack's are pick up the two hobgoblins' words of banter; their sound is eery familiar, yet quite alien at the same time. He is reminded of his time in Darguun as forced labor. He had managed to pick up more than a smattering of the language but none of the words he ever heard were friendly, and so he never learned the meaning of those. He decides not to dwell on those memories.

He turns his attention on the captain's words instead. He knowledge the compliments for a job well done, despite the remaining unknowns. He does not hide his surprise at the idea of travelling by wagon. He asks: "Are you.... uhm.... reading our orders in translation perhaps? I do not mean to question but, well, as means of transportation go this sounds a bit odd for this group. "

Still, the thought of getting a good night's sleep is appealing. He is still a bit tired from the last mission, and he can't wait to get another opportunity to enjoy Ghallanda's famous hospitality. Hopefully there will be no interruptions. And before that they will hopefully have a little time to know each other better. He glances briefly at the other members of the group, then sighs inwardly at such a gruelling task. The way half of them brood and stay silent, it might take a while. He is tempted to cast Detect Thoughts on the whole lot, but grudgingly resigns himself to respecting their privacy and speak with them instead.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    You mentioning languages led me to notice that I forgot to pick all of my starting ones. Goblinoid is an obvious choice given my backstory. I hope it's not an issue if I add it from now on.

Also, I forgot to roll for my precious sleep! As a reminder, I took the flaw 'Insomniac' that gives me a chance of starting each day as fatigued after a fitful night of sleep plagued by visions. DC 15: Fort - (1d20+12)[19], Fort - (1d20+10)[24], Fort - (1d20+14)[34]
    Last edited by iTookUrNick; 2018-02-16 at 04:10 PM.

Homebrew|Avatar by Ceika

25. - Top - End - #205
    Titan in the Playground

Bel grunted.

A wagon? he thought to himself, what in Khyber was going on

Either way, his frown deepened at the mention of food. It was going to happen, might as well get it out of the way.

"Where is this food you speak of." he says, as if he doesn't want any part of it, even though the question seems at odds with his tone.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ogre in the Playground

The captain looks Jack in the eyes with a perplexed gaze, than stares again at the letter. "No, it's... it's not a translation... it really says 'wagon'. But I have no clue what does it means. I remember that a Karrn warlord employed war wagons toward the end of the war, but I doubt that's the meaning intended here."

Then he turns to Bel, answering his question: "He can show you the way" he says, pointing at Jack "I have more pressing matters than being your guide."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

I mentioned languages exactly because I noticed that nobody got goblinoid.
    Anyway, if Jack has it (and it would make sense) He understands that Gheerla is reminding Mahk'r that speaking about his past as a friend of refugees can be dangerous.
    Last edited by CozJa; 2018-02-16 at 06:35 PM.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Titan in the Playground

Thy Brother's Keeper

"I have always done what is necessary, brother," Blue fires back as he shrugs off whatever effect the other warforged was trying to have on him. The cold iron tracery around the edges of the dark adamantine plates are aglow with absorbed magic, so they have done their job well.

If his maker were still alive, the soldier would thank him for his foresight. But the Mourning saw to it that they have had their final conversation.

"But today," Blue continues as he ignores the second onrush of undead bodies, thrusting the sword upwards as he spends some of his internal reserves to increase the mass right at the point of contact for additional stopping power, "today I am doing what is right. You have allowed yourself to be twisted. Transformed into a monster. So I am going to put you down. Here, now."

The sword thrust is a prelude to the final act, as it punctures Rook's body. Pulling it out, Blue brings the blade across his foe's body in a horizontal sweep. With any luck, what remains of Rook's form will fall apart in a few more attacks.

Sterngate

Blue says nothing as he receives his orders, but questions inwardly the structural integrity of a wagon that might not be designed for something of his weight. Not to mention all of the others combined. The same noises emerge from his neck as he looks across the room, taking in the sight of the assembled group of Elites.

As before, his gaze lingers on Zvyce. There are still too many unanswered questions there for Blue not to be curious. Or maybe worried. Neither of those are feelings he has much in the way of experience with, but he is fairly certain that he can identify the specific impacts they leave within him.

"I will not need to eat or sleep. I do need to refill my inner reserves, and repair my outer frame." Blue pauses, remembering well one of Zvyce's main talents.

"You could do it. Fix me up. If you want to talk."
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2018-03-05 at 11:56 PM.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

"You will find that I am both willing and able to repair any damage you might have."
    Turning to the captain, Zvyce asks, "Is there a forge we can use with some measure of privacy?"

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ogre in the Playground

As if Argonth hadn't been slow enough, now they wanted her to travel by wagon? Sidara is less than optimistic when Jack inquires about the possibility of a mistranslation, and when the captain proves her expectations to be appropriately low, she exhales a heavy sigh. Seems the Brelish are intent on showcasing the slowest modes of transportation available in this age of elemental airships and railways.

When the man wearing a necklace made of severed animal parts asks about food, Sidara widens her eyes and casts a sidelong glance towards Jack. The glance is meant to say 'good luck,' but the wild man reminds her Kharrig, and against her better judgement, she stops herself from leaving him alone with the Flamite priest.

"When was the last time you made it south of Silver Lake?" she asks as though she thinks she knows the answer, referencing the southernmost extent of the Eldeen Reaches.
    Last edited by rypt; 2018-02-19 at 03:18 AM.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ogre in the Playground

Thy Brother's Keeper

As Blue concentrates his attack on the other warforged, his tactic proves to be even more appropriate than expected: the powerful trust of Blue sword is enough to almost cut in half Rook's body, who falls down.

As the raised soldiers press on their distracting attacks on Blue, obtaining only the meager result of scratching its external plating, Rook lays down almost broken in two pieces, the grafted flesh visibly decaying as the ember light in the eyes fades.

"Your u-upgrades are... better than expected... well done 'brother'..." various noises of malfunctioning circuitry and rasping gears prelude the inevitable result.
    "But do not doubt... my shell may deactivate, but the Keeper's sting is unend... unending... unyelding... He will... free us...."
    With his last energies, Rook raises his arm and uses the knife he's wielding to cut himself in the neck. As he does it, a red light discharges from him, and the knife disappears, as if it was eaten by the Mourning nothingness. The twisted warforged eyes lose their light, becoming as black as the rest of its body, while the skin graft turn into dust, leaving only an empty shell. At the same time, the raised warriors fall, rejoining their friends and foes in the eternal rest of Dolurrh.

In the end, nothing but Blue stands, the powerful warforged, alone, in the stillness of this place, dead but not decaying, as if frozen in an eternal moment of loss. the knife stuck true, and the wound still stings of... something, as if a warforged could feel pain.

Sterngate Main Hall

As the captain turns to his desk and waits for the group to leave the room, he answers Zvyce, maybe hoping to get rid of him, and the others, as soon as possible: "Go out, on the opposite side of the courtyard, second door behind the Stables."