New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Further Adventures in New Ganthar (IC)

Theo takes a moment to search the body that Nagor's soul left behind. The armor would take time to remove, so after searching he stuffed the corpse into his bag of holding. Theo used his remaining time to heal himself, and prepare for the fight in front of him.

To best use my gifts, I will time my best spell on myself for when we are upon the enemy. Can you give me a forewarning when we are almost upon their den?
    Theo asks the mage politely.

Spoiler
    Show
    I will use Divine Power and restart Law Devotion the moment before we enter the lair. I will then have one turn of animal devotion and two of protection devotion left.

It will take one turn to stuff the body of Nagor. I will use two turns on the search (I dont know if that gives me any bonus, but it doesnt seem to be long enough to "take 10." and two turns to heal. Group still has a bunch of Bless left, and I have no idea how long delay death will go for.

Converting Eagle's Splendor to CMW: (2d8+7)[13]
    Convert Longstrider to CLW: (1d8+7)[9]
    Search: [roll]1d20+[/roll]
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post

You're just going to start randomly setting things on fire, aren't you?
    Quote Originally Posted by TechnoScrabble View Post

This entire campaign's going to become nothing but partying in a long forgotten world, isn't it?
    In the past, I played Sir Theo Roost.
    I am soon to begin playing his heir, Dora the Destroya

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Spoiler: Yara
    Show
    After a minute's indecision, the guard leaves you to find a cart - giving you time to swiftly destroy the more damning parts of Michel's evidence.

The guard arrives back as you are knelt in prayer, and nods approvingly - not knowing that your prayers are directed to a rather hostile divinity.

Fifteen minutes later, you arrive outside Charis's temple as a passenger in a hearse, the guard at the reins, Michel's body in the rear.

The hour is late, but Ember emerges to meet you. Seeing your face, the hearse, her face falls, plainly assuming the worst.

"Sir Theo?" she whispers.

Spoiler: Theo
    Show
    Your search turns up a pair of items of a clearly magical nature - a belt and a ring - but time prohibits you from identifying them.

Once he sees you are ready, Althazar rolls up his sleeves and readies his incantation. "This will only take a moment," he boasts.

The ground before him ripples and transforms, flowing like water before dropping abruptly away. As it does so, the liquid stone reforms, becoming a flight of steps.

The mage turns to smile triumphantly at you, face full of arrogance.

So he does not see the blast of black lightning that tears up from the hole, ripping through his body and sending him flying through the air.

An immense, shadowed form rises from the pit, a monstrous shape of pure darkness. You can just make out a reptilian head, serpentine neck, two bat like wings the size of a ship's sails.

"Relath be with us," Lothrain prays in a somber undertone, gripping his blade firmly.

"Is that... a dragon?" Lydia asks faintly.

The creature roars, and fully three quarters of the Crusaders and all the Lifewardens turn and flee. Even Lydia looks to be trembling where she stands.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Will save please - DC 21 or become Shaken.
    Last edited by ilinares; 2017-05-29 at 12:38 AM.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Bugbear in the Playground

"No," Yara says softly, "It's Father Michel. The demo took control of me and he drove it out but died in the process."
    She hops off the cart and waits to see how Ember would react.
    "I'm sorry for his loss. He wanted Theo to have this, it got a bit damaged."
    Last edited by Timble; 2017-05-27 at 06:15 PM.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Show
    Ember bows her head in grief at the news of Michel's passing. Her eyes are bright with unshed tears, and it takes a moment for her to compose herself and take the note you offer her.

She stares at it a moment, seeming not to see it, then places it unopened into her belt pouch.

"We must take word of this to Theo at once," she says finally. "The death of our High Priest is news too crucial to delay. Give me a moment to see to it Michel's body is laid out properly for the mourners, then I'll go - I think they were going to secure the vampire nest. Given the hour, you can come or wait here, Yara.

"Guard, thank you for your duty. You can leave her with us - we will verify the truth of her claim."

5. - Top - End - #155

"I'm tired but I can still be useful," Yara says. "I'll come along just let me put my stuff away.
    After she stores her conjured sack, she is ready to leave for the lair.
    Along the way she remembers the other crucial information.
    "The Templars that went out, I found them outside the city fighting the cult of Maltur and a dragon. I got there the first time that the demon took my body."

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Show
    Ember gives a low whistle at that news. "Dragons and Malturites? Sounds like a major battle. I don't much like Niall, but I hope my Templar brothers and sisters are okay."

As she speaks, you arrive at the Seven Sinful Stars - just in time to see a white-faced Lifewarden of Berun run out of the door, face pale with terror.

Ember looks at you, alarmed. "What in the heavens' names.. ?"

7. - Top - End - #157

Yara moves to intercept the lifewarden.
    "What's going on in there?"
    I knew I shouldn't have told Theo, she thought. Raiding a vampire base at night was stupid.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Show
    The Lifewarden stumbles into you, and reels back.

"Dragon!" he gasps, before turning and fleeing from you.

Ember looks at you, grimly determined. "Dragon? Could it have followed you back? No, never mind. Not important. Stay close: Charis will strengthen you against its aura of fear while I am beside you - at least in part."

Drawing her greatsword, she closes her eyes briefly in prayer. "Sentinel, stand watch over us and help us to save Your Champion." With that, she charges into the building, bellowing a battle cry: "For Charis!"

Ember rushes into the Seven Sinful Stars, with Yara - less enthusiastically - following behind her. She takes in the scene: allies running in chaos; Theo stood with Lydia, Eldan and Lothrain; Althazar the archmage down; and an immense dragon formed from primordial darkness rising from a pit at the room's centre.

Hardly pausing, she slides to the mage and lays a hand upon him, calling on Charis to grant healing.

9. - Top - End - #159

Moving inside, Yara sees the monster.
    "I don't think that is my dragon," she says to no one in particular.
    Focusing her energies, the room seems to implode as several loose objects hurl themselves at the beast.
    Show

Initiative: (1d20)[7]
    Telekinetic Thrust:
    Yara will attempt to hurl the weapons of the dead, dropped weapons and heavy objects at the dragon
    She can hurl up to 8 objects weighing a max of 250
    For each object she needs to succeed on a ranged attack using int instead of dex. so a +6 modifier
    She won't target held objects or living creatures, as these would get a save and sometimes power resistance against being thrown
    Weapons deal normal damage, arrows and bolts count as a dagger of their size. Yara's str doesn't count to damage.
    Objects depend on density, an empty barrel does 1 damage per 25 while a boulder deals 1d6 per 25.
    I won't roll for hits since I don't know what there is to be thrown

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ettin in the Playground

Theo recoils at the sight of the dragon's surprise attack on their mage, but his courage prevails at this time. To me, friends! It is but one monster, and we are many! Theo shouts, as he dashes toward the monstrous shadow-made dragon.

Spoiler
    Show
    Theo will have had all of his maneuvers made available in the amount of time between his last combat action and this one. I am using Divine Surge with a charge, and will power attack for 5. Divine Power is presumed to be in effect, so Theo has +4 strength greater than before, and +1 to his BAB.

Attack: (1d20+19)[39]
    Damage: (1d8+23)[24] + (8d8)[35]. If this is a demonic dragon, also add (2d6)[7] for sacred damage.
    Last edited by gallagher; 2017-05-29 at 08:01 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

This entire campaign's going to become nothing but partying in a long forgotten world, isn't it?

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Yara sends a storm of steel, stone and timber at the shadow dragon, revelling in her new-found strength; but powerful though the attack is, the monster's hide proves too resilient, weathering the storm and turning its vast head towards its attacker.

Yet at that moment, Theo leaps to the attack, swinging the enchanted hammer to deal it a terrific blow on the side of its neck.

Around you, the others surge forward to fight. Lothrain and Eldan pray for strength, their blessings reaching out to affect you all.

Spoiler: Spells cast
    Show
    Righteous Wrath of the Faithful (+3 morale bonus on melee attack rolls and damage rolls; one extra attack when using full attack; lasts 8 rounds) and Mass Conviction (+3 morale bonus on all saving throws)

Lydia hurls a dart of writhing green acid at the creature. It disappears with a sizzling sound into the centre of the creature's mass, without visible reaction.

Althazar, struggling uneasily to one elbow, manages a stuttered spell. A flickering field of violet sparks expands out from him, cascading over each of his allies in turn.

Spoiler: Spell Cast
    Show
    Mass Resist Energy. You both get resistance 30 vs electricity.

The dragon, clearly viewing Theo as the most pressing threat, tears into him with its jaws, claws and wings - even striking him with its bulky tail.

Spoiler: Damage
    Show
    Not sure of your AC now, so we have:

20 to hit for 13 damage (bite)
    25 to hit for 7 damage (wing 1)
    23 to hit for 5 damage (wing 2)
    29 to hit for 11 damage (claw 1)
    30 to hit for 5 damage (claw 2)
    20 to hit for 15 damage (tail slap)

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ettin in the Playground

Theo, sensing his divine gift of strength ebb and fade, quickly uses some of his power to make the undead cower to bring it back in force. The mighty attacks of this dragon, the second one he had heard of since arriving in Ganthar, had brought him some hard, but Theo fought on as many of his allies continued to flee at the very sight of the beast.

A litany of objects appeared to be thrown at the dragon from behind Theo, and he briefly turned to look over the shoulder at it's source. Yara? Theo thought... It does not look like the demon is in possession of her, so maybe she did come back of her own free will. All the same, the threat of this dragon was so great that he could not pause further to contemplate the nature of the giantess.

Theo again throws his might at the dragon, hoping that his hammer will hurt it enough that the beast continues to focus on him, so that his allies can regroup.

Spoiler
    Show
    A quick breakdown of what is effecting me right now:
    Spoiler: bonuses
    Show

Law Devotion (+3 to attack): 2/10
    Animal Devotion (+4 to Str): 1/10
    Protection Devotion (+4 to myself and everyone within 30 feet when I cast: 10/10 and will need to be renewed at the start of next turn
    Delayed Damage Pool: +1 Attack and Bonus
    Bless: +1 Morale to Atk and against Fear
    Divine Power: Full BAB and +6 Str (which overcomes my normal +2 from item) 2/7
    Righteous Wrath of the Faithful: +3 Morale to Atk and Damage (which overcomes my bonus to attack from Bless)
    Mass Conviction: +3 to all saves
    Delay Death?? Depending upon Lothrain's caster level

Attack roll: 9 Base (Divine Power), +8 Strength (3 base, 2 Animal Devotion, 3 Divine Power), +3 Morale Bonus (overtakes +1 from Bless), +3 Law Devotion, +1 from delayed damage pool = 24, unless I am missing something.

My AC is back to 24, HP is 50 with 5 being delayed until next turn

Power Attacking for 4 and using Divine Surge again
    Attack: (1d20+20)[24]
    Damage: (1d8+22)[26] plus (8d8)[36] plus 3 from Righteous Wrath.
    Last edited by gallagher; 2017-05-30 at 05:17 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Sacrificing precision for strength, accuracy made all the more difficult by the creature's inchoate, shadowy form, Theo feels a shock of impact up his arm as his hammer is caught by a bony plate. The creature seems not to feel the blow - but its rage at Theo continues to grow apace.

Show
    Waiting for Yara's turn before I have the npcs act.

14. - Top - End - #164

Not satisfied with how the first barrage went, Yara sent another hurtling at the monster.
    Show

At the moment I don't have too many combat spells and want to keep my distance. With My next level up her combat potential will increase. After this fight I have thought of ways to make fights more than just "Yara throws the room at him"
    Also I don't think I was clear in my last post, the total amount she can pick up is 250, the total of all items. Some of the items thrown seemed to deal too much damage to be within the limit. Unless I am just too tired to do maths.
    I was also wondering if I would be able to use modified versions of these 3rd ed powers:
    Fairy Tale (3rd level power)
    It has the effect of the target believing on object or creature doesn't exist. In effect it becomes invisible to them and they forget about it. While it is permanent, new saving throws can be attempted at any time the victim is exposed to the object in a non-physical way(I guess if someone mentions them and similar) and an attack by or contact with the forgotten object automatically stops the power.

SteelSteal (5th Level Power)
    Not available to Yara for at least 2 more levels. It allows her to leave her body for up to 3 rounds. If she inhabits a metal blade she can instead remain outside her body for hours. She can sense and speak as well as caste psionic powers. She can transfer between blades in contact and damaging the blade she is within has no on her other than a destroyed blade reverts her to her incorporeal form for another 3 turns to find a host or return to body. Her body still needs to breath, eat, etc. If her empty body is killed, she dies. There's also something about bypassing damage reduction but I think that's in a purely 3rd ed way and if you do allow this power I don't really want to have that effect, the rest of the power looks fun.
    I'm just asking after them since they seem fun and useful. If you think them unbalanced or such, I don't mind if I don't get them.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Show
    Timble, because this power is a ranged attack (not a ranged touch attack), if you're still at +6 to attack you need a natural 20 to hit.

I had misunderstood what you can do with the power, but since you didn't hit anything never mind!

Also, no objections to those powers. Steelsteal has potential for abuse, but taking your character as a whole I'll allow it.

Let's see what happens when we roll to attack before I do anything else...

(1d20+6)[23]
    (1d20+6)[9]
    (1d20+6)[7]
    (1d20+6)[20]
    (1d20+6)[11]
    (1d20+6)[22]
    (1d20+6)[15]
    (1d20+6)[13]

Edit: no hits this time. I recommend trying something else - perhaps a power allowing a ranged touch attack?

Once again, Yara tries to bring the shadow dragon down by hurling a barrage of objects at it. It is an impressive display of psychic power, but yet again the dragon shows no more reaction than if it were resisting a particularly heavy gale.

Ember, Lydia and Lothrain charge into the fray, weapons striking the wyrm easily enough, but only Lothrain being rewarded with the sound of tearing flesh.

Then Althazar flings a handful of snake's scales into the air, and the three of them instantly strike again - as does Theo - driven by a supernatural compulsion and swiftness.

This time, Lothrain is less fortunate in his blow - but Ember draws blood.

Show
    Theo gets a bonus attack from Snake's Swiftness, on top of his usual attack(s) and possibly his bonus attack from RWotF.

Eldan rushes to the mage's side, kneeling beside him and praying to Berun for healing. Althazar's burns begin to disappear before your eyes.

The dragon roars its rage, and shifts position 5' to line up Theo and Althazar. Opening its maw, it unleashes another bolt of dark lightning that cascades over first the Champion of Charis, then Eldan, before hitting the Archmage of the Arcane Fellowship.

Spoiler: Lightning breath weapon
    Show
    48 electricity damage, Reflex DC 23 for half, and please remember Energy Resistance and Conviction are in effect.

Both Eldan and Althazar suffer burns, but neither of them drops thanks to the timely healing the Lifewarden just administered.
    Last edited by ilinares; 2017-05-31 at 12:12 PM.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ettin in the Playground

Theo felt a sudden urge of energy, and got a quick riposte with his hammer aimed at the dragon.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack, with last turns PA: (1d20+20)[30] for (1d8+22)[28] plus (2d6)[10] that overcomes DR, plus 3 from RWotF

And then the dragon reared back and shot lightning at Theo and his allies. As it prepared itself for it's breath weapon, Theo spotted another moment to get a brief swing in, and hoped to end the creature's life before it could fell an agent of the good and living.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+20)[35] for (1d8+22)[30] damage, plus 3 from RWotF.

The lightning struck through his chest before moving on to the next target, and it shook Theo to his core. He new that he was running out of time, that this dragon could easily destroy one of his friends shortly, and that his protective ward had ended. Retreat was not an option, each of the party was needed to end the threat to the commoners. With luck Theo could either destroy the dragon, or Eldan could rush to his aid if he fell. Instead of seeking the blessings of Charis for a harder strike, Theo stepped forward and aimed a flurry of swings of his mighty hammer at the chest of the shadow dragon.

Spoiler
    Show
    Protection Devotion is back up, so all allies within range get the same +4 to AC.

Full Attack for three swings at this beast. Power Attack for 5:
    Attack: (1d20+19)[35] for (1d8+24)[30] plus 3 from RWotF
    Bonus Attack: (1d20+19)[39] for (1d8+24)[27] plus 3 from RWotF
    Second Attack from BAB: (1d20+14)[27] for (1d8+24)[25] plus 3 from RWotF
    Last edited by gallagher; 2017-05-31 at 06:37 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #167

Show

I need natural 20's to hit? Damn, now I need to get closer. Why did I forget to give Yara crystal shard? Oh wait, I can manifest energy wall in it's square. Also it seems to have a magic effect on it so I'll try dispelling to aid the others

Yara sees that her attacks were having little effect. She was beginning to shake, sure that there was nothing she could do against such a creature. Then an idea came to her. Summoning her psionic strength, she tried to tear it's magical defences apart.
    Show

I am not experienced in this game and may be completely mistaken but it was described as being made of shadows/shadowy so I presume it is either something like a summoned creature(Is it possible to summon a dragon?)(If not, they kept a dragon beneath this place?) or has some magic effect on it. So I'll get Yara to try dispel. 1d20 with a bonus of 8 for her manifester level + 6 for augumentation.
    (1d20+14)[27]

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Implacable, moving more quickly than he ever has with the blessings of three gods and one master wizard fueling his movements, Theo destroys the dragon with a flurry of wrath and steel.

As its neck finally snaps from the forces being hurled against it, the vast beast crashes to the ground. You and your allies look at one another in a moment of calm, several staring in awe at you both.

Spoiler: Experience
    Show
    4,050 xp each for the shadow dragon.
    A further 4,050xp to Theo for defeating Nagor, and the same to Yara as a story award for getting free of the demon.

Althazar is the first to speak, picking his way past the massive corpse.

"Yes, yes, you killed a dragon. Well done you. Now, shall we get on to the vampires?"

The group makes its way down the stone stairway into the basement. Both clerics raise a hand, calling beacons of light into being so you can see what lies beneath this brothel.

It is a sight familiar to Yara from her psicrystal’s brief reconnaissance: row after row of coffins, aligned with military precision, each the corrupted resting place of vampire. What she does not recognise is a flickering gateway made of indigo light and black mist, through which a cavern filled with glittering gold can just be made out.

While the clerics swiftly check the coffins, Althazar examines the gateway.

“It's a portal to the plane of shadow,”
    he announces, exchanging a long look with Lydia. “By rights, such things should not be possible. But at least we know where the dragon came from.”

Turning to look at you each in turn, he tells you: “I must gather the Fellowship and see about closing this portal. In the short term, I will seal it away down here and burn down the building above to minimise the risk of anyone going through.”

Lothrain and Eldan are busily driving stakes through the hearts of recumbent vampires, then pouring holy water into each of the coffins. “Best to be thorough,” Eldan tells you. [B] “Stake, decapitate, bless and burn. That's my mantra for vampires.

It is clear that Eldan’s thoroughness will take some time, leaving you with a chance to catch your breath.

19. - Top - End - #169

Yara looks around the room, unsure what to do.
    "Uh, I'm sorry I came in late but where is Calartes and where is my crystal?"

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ettin in the Playground

Theo did not immediately respond to Timble, not sure how to best approach the subject of her conveniently-timed return. He instead chose to heal himself a little and assist Eldan and his priests with the staking of vampires. He chose to be vague with Yara, as he could not yet determine how much the demon still controlled her and her aims.

Calartes will be destroyed with the morning sun, and is contained as a mist, so that he can spend his final hours imperiled that he should have to face death a second time. The vile and cursed shell of a man deserves no less. As for your crystal, I had thought that you shared a psychic connection with it? Can you not find it that way?

Spoiler
    Show
    convert Aid for CMW: (2d8+8)[15]
    convert Sign for CLW: (1d8+8)[14]

Also going to roll spots and listens, and taking 20 on a search check (in case of treasure!) when the vampires have all been staked. I will be avoiding the portal to the shadow plane.

Search: 20 (took 20 and no INT bonus)
    Spot: (1d20+3)[9]
    Listen: (1d20+3)[9]
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #171

"My crystal is on Calartes, and I can't sense it in gas form. I know this isn't the time, it is just an important part of me and I can't feel comfortable with it being this distant for this long."
    "Theo, there is some stuff we need to talk about."
    She tells him about where the demon took her and the fight between the Templars, Malturites and the dragon.
    "And once I escaped the area, I returned to the city to find father Michel waiting for me. He drew out and banished my demon, but at the cost of his life. I gave Ember the letter he wrote to you."

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ettin in the Playground

Wrapping up his search of the room, Theo turns back to hear Yara explain where she had been. The news that the giantess brought weighed heavy on Theo's mind and heart. At first it sounded unbelievable, but Theo recalled that Yara could not lie to him as per the terms of her Mark of Justice. If what you say is true, you must come with me to the temple. Bring what you had taken from the dragon's lair. Theo did not yet acknowledge the passing of Father Michel, he did not quite know the right words now. But as it stood, one thing was certain; the choosing of the next leader of the Temple would happen soon.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #173

"I left everything I took back at the temple. But has every room in the building been checked? If any vampires are still in hiding or escaped, or have servants still in operation... it would be unwise for us to go now."

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ettin in the Playground

Before Althazar crafted the way into this basement, we did a sweep of the building that turned up nothing. Before that, we did battle with other vampires and a death knight. Anyone that might have been hiding away would have joined the fight. And once they are done down here, the building is going to be taken down and any remaining vampires will be exposed to the sun.

Looking around at the priests that hadnt run away, Theo notes how close they are to finishing their work. There are two other temples and the Vanguard holding things together here. We must make it back to the Temple of Charis. There are happenings that I dont want to be absent for, and it is best for you to stay near me for now. Let's be off
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #175

Having nothing more to say, Yara follows him. With the artifact in her possession and the demon gone, the night was turning out quite well even if her plan to take out the vampires was wrecked. Perhaps now she could focus on her other objectives.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

The search of the room turns up a few items of interest, generally the possessions of the vampires recovered from their corpses. At the same time, a sweep of the building and the chance to bring Nagor's possessions to Althazar prove fruitful - as does sending an unseen servant through the portal to bring back a few items of interest.

After a brief discussion, the following items are set aside for Theo and Yara's shares.

Spoiler: Treasure (cellar)
    Show
    5 masterwork long swords
    10 masterwork short swords
    Two +1 rapiers
    One Amulet of Natural Armour +1
    One Cloak of Resistance +2

Spoiler: Treasure (brothel)
    Show
    Gemstones, gold and artwork having a combined value of 6,000gp

It is the general consensus that the spoils of beating Nagor belong to Theo:

Spoiler: Treasure (Nagor)
    Show
    +2 full plate armour
    Ring (not yet identified)
    Belt (not yet identified)

Finally the items recovered from the shadow plane are:

Spoiler: Treasure (Plane of Shadows)
    Show
    Dorje of Energy Ray (Augmented, 3d6)
    Power Stones (Correspond, Energy Adaptation, Psychic Reformation, Plane Shift, Time Hop)
    Weapon Crystal (Truedeath, lesser)

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ettin in the Playground

If the wizard has the appropriate spells prepared, Theo offers to pay for the wizard to identify the ring and belt found on the corpse of Nagor. Taking note of the shares of treasure to be divided between Yara and himself, he puts the loot into his bag for safekeeping and leads Yara back to the Temple of Charis.

If nothing impedes their way, Theo announces to the page standing watch at the door that he has returned for the night. I bring good news for Brother Niall, though if he is not awake, it is not urgent and can wait until morning.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Spoiler: Treasure
    Show
    Might as well identify them now - a brute ring, and a belt of priestly might.

The page looks worried. "The Lord Commander has yet to return, Brother Theo. Perhaps you would like me to arrange quarters for you for the night, and you can ask him tomorrow?"

29. - Top - End - #179

"The last I saw of the Templars was the dragon heading into the cave they were inside. Either they are dead or trapped and won't show, or they have slain the dragon or escaped and should have gotten back already," Yara whispers to Theo. "It's late, If he shows up I doubt anything will happen till the morning."
    If Theo has no more use for her she'll go to bed.
    Spoiler: Actions before sleep:
    Show

Detect psionics over the loot from the dragon cave/maltur guys
    Identify either the elemental sword or spear if nothing shows up or if something turns out magical in the loot she identifies that
    Blows the rest of her power on quintessence. 5 ounces.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ettin in the Playground

What Yara spoke of worried Theo. Yes, I would appreciate a room for the night. It has long been since I have had a solid night of sleep. If what Yara says is true, I would recommend you find a scroll of Sending if he takes much longer to return. Hopefully I see him at the breakfast table come morning.

Show
    Actions for tomorrow: Go to the biggest armorer to sell off the extra stuff, I have Zurkul's armor as well. Seling off +1 full plate, +1 steel shield, and I will have Nagor's +2 full plate enameled red and etched with a soaring eagle, as per my current breatplate. Then selling off the art and stuff to some collector I guess.
    Spoiler
    Show