New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Modern-Day Badasses [Kintobor's Crew]

"Alright," Kintobor says as the limo begins to slide away smoothly, leaving Jim on the side of the road. "I understand that you are likely somewhat uncomfortable, so allow me to assure you, I will not ask you to do anything against your moral standing. There will be death, but it will be the death of those trying to kill you and me. While I can certainly use your skills in some of my less moral endeavors, I'm not the sort of man to force anyone to do anything. No-people are corruptible enough that I don't have to."

"And, to answer the unspoken question, I am what you might call the city's boogeyman. I am the man in charge of virtually all crime in Station Square. What crime happens without my knowledge and permission... Well, those criminals don't last long. I have taken this city's underside and turned it into my own personal domain. I came into power eight years ago, or at least began then, and, if you believe me to be evil... Look at the murder rates. The incidence of violent crimes. The number of vanished children. All have gone down-and those who commit such heinous crimes... They disappear themselves. Call me cold. Call me harsh, brutal, tyrannical, whatever you wish. But don't say those words without knowing the truth first."

Spoiler: History DC 14
    Show
    He's telling the truth. Murder rates, violent crime, and ESPECIALLY violent crimes involving children, dropped immensely starting around seven years ago. They've shrunk ever since.

Spoiler: DC 17
    Show
    But other crimes-drug use, white collar crime, prostitution, all sorts of "willful" crime, involving lapses of someone's own personal morals... They've skyrocketed.
    Last edited by JNAProductions; 2017-03-10 at 11:50 PM.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: Modern-Day Badasses [Kintobor's Crew]

Yeah, but you can't necessarily take credit for that. Lily replies giving him an inquisitive gaze. Murder rates have been down all over the country for the past fifteen years. She continues rubbing a hand in her hair and feeling the pain of lost glasses. Even at the best of times, correlation does not equal causation and this isn't the best time. She replies leaning back in her seat.

And what about Soto, and crimes like his. She adds referencing a well known scandal about three years ago where a banker had been accused of selling mortgages to people he knew full well couldn't pay them, for the commission on each home. Alot of people lost nearly everything, and he didn't spend a day in jail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

3. - Top - End - #3

"No-but Soto lost all credibility. Come now-he had been doing it for four years at that point-you don't think he simply made a mistake that he had never made in the past half a decade, do you? He was the last of the major competitors, and it was time to remove him. In addition to that, feel free to look at Station Square's murder rates compared to any other city's. It has been dropping over the past decade and a half, give or take some small time. But national average has dropped by approximately four percentage points. Station square? Fifteen. Believe me or not, for the moment, I suppose I don't care. The question is, are you willing to work with me?"

Show
    Show

Show

4. - Top - End - #4

Lily looked to Garret and Ishmael at this.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Lily sometimes crime happens because the government fails in what they promised. Crime happens when things are handled in a way that wasnt authorized by the government. It screws over a bunch of people who just have misfortunes beyond their control and is set up to benefit those that have no misfortunes. I should know about misfortunes. I was a foster child caused by a series of misfortunes. I don't like how the government handled my case all my life. The only reason I wasnt put on death row or life was because there wasnt enough evidence left of the man to show self defense and because it was in my house that I actually earned fairly by doing mma and lifting competitions.. My girlfriend Cynthia clearly wasnt going to be an unbiased witness so I got to serve 10 years in prison.

6. - Top - End - #6

Quote Originally Posted by zylodrizzt View Post
    Lily sometimes crime happens because the government fails in what they promised. Crime happens when things are handled in a way that wasnt authorized by the government. It screws over a bunch of people who just have misfortunes beyond their control and is set up to benefit those that have no misfortunes. I should know about misfortunes. I was a foster child caused by a series of misfortunes. I don't like how the government handled my case all my life. The only reason I wasnt put on death row or life was because there wasnt enough evidence left of the man to show self defense and because it was in my house that I actually earned fairly by doing mma and lifting competitions.. My girlfriend Cynthia clearly wasnt going to be an unbiased witness so I got to serve 10 years in prison.
    I do think there's a difference between self defense, and intentionally trying to screw over other people. Lily protests.

7. - Top - End - #7

"I never force anyone into anything. If they have their own failings, it's their fault. Now-is there anything the two of you will need?" he asks as the limo begins to pull into the swankier section of Station Square.

Show
    Show

Show

8. - Top - End - #8

Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    "I never force anyone into anything. If they have their own failings, it's their fault. Now-is there anything the two of you will need?" he asks as the limo begins to pull into the swankier section of Station Square.
    Did your previous guard have any info on the threat before us? Lily asks.

9. - Top - End - #9

"Yes-Echules has a study in his apartment with some books on the matter."

Show
    Show

Show

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

is that where we are going?

11. - Top - End - #11

"At the moment, we're simply staying on the move. But yes, we can go there."

Show
    Show

Show

12. - Top - End - #12

If we're on the move, how are the demons supposed to follow us? Lily replies.

13. - Top - End - #13

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    If we're on the move, how are the demons supposed to follow us? Lily replies.
    "Not well, is the point," Kintobor says, looking askance at Lily.

Show
    Show

Show

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

well as long as they are chasing after you I suppose that keeps everyone else safe. Though I imagine the big bad guy will come out quicker if we just lay into his underling until he seeks us out. Lily ill watch your back if you want to do some research at his former guards place. Mr. K how bout you promise protection to our loved ones and get our vehicles back to us. Oh quick question can we work with them other two anymore? I mean they might be getting info we aren't.

15. - Top - End - #15

"No. No working with them-not unless they stop working for Ellwood," Kintobor says. "And you will refer to me as Mr. Kintobor or sir, understood? As for your family, I already have someone with your family, Garret. Lily-I believe your family is out of state?"

Show
    Show

Show

16. - Top - End - #16

That seems really foolish. I understand not sharing any details, but... Lily pipes up raised eyebrow.

17. - Top - End - #17

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    That seems really foolish. I understand not sharing any details, but... Lily pipes up raised eyebrow.
    "Cooperate at your own peril. You'll be lucky to stay out of a cell if you decide to associate with Ellwood again."

Show
    Show

Show

18. - Top - End - #18

I'm going to roll an insight check on that. (1d20+10)[21]

19. - Top - End - #19

Spoiler: Insight For Lily
    Show
    He seems honest... Mostly. Some exaggeration may be present.

Show
    Show

Show

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Your name is hard to say and I hate calling people sir. Besides if we have to refer to you by your name it could lead people here couldn't it. I mean your name carries weight but shouldn't we try and lay low? I mean you got a whole lot of terrorists mad at ya. You ain't gonna let us associate with the other two? The other two that you say will be targeted? Shouldn't we be all together? And we all working on the same goal right? Stopping some a holes. I mean either way I am gonna help that goal it can be you or Ms. E and I feel like you need us more then the other way around but I could be wrong won't be the first time. garret takes a sip of bourbon That's some good bourbon what year? he stretches out some being as cramped as it is for the giant how much longer till we get to where we going? he says to ease some tension
    Last edited by zylodrizzt; 2017-03-15 at 09:08 PM.

21. - Top - End - #21

Quote Originally Posted by zylodrizzt View Post
    Your name is hard to say and I hate calling people sir. Besides if we have to refer to you by your name it could lead people here couldn't it. I mean your name carries weight but shouldn't we try and lay low? I mean you got a whole lot of terrorists mad at ya. You ain't gonna let us associate with the other two? The other two that you say will be targeted? Shouldn't we be all together? And we all working on the same goal right? Stopping some a holes. I mean either way I am gonna help that goal it can be you or Ms. E and I feel like you need us more then the other way around but I could be wrong won't be the first time. garret takes a sip of bourbon That's some good bourbon what year? he stretches out some being as cramped as it is for the giant how much longer till we get to where we going? he says to ease some tension
    "I trust you have enough intelligence to learn how to say Kintobor properly, if sir is too distasteful. We'll be there in five minutes."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Anything y'all want to do in those five minutes?

Show
    Show

Show

22. - Top - End - #22

Within about five minutes, the driver pulls up to a luxurious apartment building. Kintobor opens the door, and announces "This is where Echules lived, before his untimely demise. Come with me-hopefully you'll learn more from his notes and books than I could."

Show
    Show

Show

23. - Top - End - #23

[Assuming we're going to research/info, Lily's going to cast enhance ability intelligence.]

24. - Top - End - #24

As the group goes up the stairs, with Kintobor drawing a key from his pockets, Lily casts a spell on herself. Soon, he opens the door to a swanky apartment, with granite and marble and leather all over the place. In a corner of the room is a bookshelf, a desk, and many books strewn over the desk, ground, and shelves.

Show
    Show

Show

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

So if we trying to keep moving then maybe we grab alot of books then go? he walks over to the bookshelf. I bet I could turn this on its side and use it kinda like a tub for all these books.

26. - Top - End - #26

Right, and case the room to make sure nothing's hidden. Lily pointed out.

Spoiler: Rolling investigation.
    Show

(1d20+9)[16]
    (1d20+9)[24]

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

cool ill start gathering books. garret pulls the bookcase away from the wall and turns it so it went fall on anything. He then lowers it to the ground carefully and begins putting other books in until he can fit no more an then he lifts the bookshelf off the ground shelves side up books cradled in the shelves. He begins to carry the books and shelves to the limo

28. - Top - End - #28

"I can assure you, Echules would hide nothing from-" Kintobor starts as Lily discovers a small latch hidden beneath the desk.

"me..." Kintobor trails off. "I suppose I should take this lesson to heart-be less trusting in the future."

Show
    Show

Show

29. - Top - End - #29

Lily ignores Kintobor's personal moment to check the lever, before opening it, curious as to what was in it.

30. - Top - End - #30

The lever appears safe, so Lily opens it. A sickly mewl is heard from within, and Lily can see a haggard-looking kitten within. It's sitting next to a small stockpile of food and water, which appears to have been rationed out, judging by the fact that some remains, but the kitten still seems not fully fed.

Show
    Show

Show