New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: Not a villain 1.01 somebody had a thread about it?

http://navcomic.com/not-a-villain/page-607/

So we are going to get the details on the new Hakido, and perhaps why that implant in Kleya is messed up?
    Not "fire at". I never used the word "at"
    GENERATION ω+1: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment. Remember, ω + 1 comes after ω.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ettin in the Playground

Getting there: http://navcomic.com/not-a-villain/page-608/.

Maybe next comic we'll find out exactly what she did to it. And how. I mean, once it's implanted, it's had to do modifications to the hardware yourself. Especially if it's implanted in the back of your neck. Or we'll just get Jakey getting defensive about Dude calling Kleya "evil".
    Last edited by Lord Torath; 2017-09-19 at 07:29 AM.
    Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

3. - Top - End - #63

BlackDragon

GENERATION ω+1: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment. Remember, ω + 1 comes after ω.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ettin in the Playground

Things always look up on Payday!

She could pay both Danni and Mina back double! And then be out of money again.
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

5. - Top - End - #65

BlackDragon

http://navcomic.com/not-a-villain/page-617/

So it looks like Mary Jane wants Kat to wipe out the dead ones, the "players" controlled by AI's, because those AI's are killing people.

As one person said in the comments, the new all-female ghostbusters :-).

It's also interesting -- what is Kat's old character doing?

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ettin in the Playground

The way the Virus works, I could almost imagine that players would be forbidden from even approaching her previous character.There's also the "Who does Jane think Kat used to be?" question.

Jane's probably right about the NPCs killing people. Jake's "girls" killed two of Danni's partners. Maybe. There's no way to really know why they died. Prossibly a lack of real-life food and/or water, and a decision to stay logged in as long as possible when they knew they were out. Or a partial cave in that killed them while they were logged in, but didn't destroy their Kido/headset.

Operating under the Kleya's Dad = President theory, I wonder if there are other reasons than "retribution" for wanting her dead. She could probably give a lot of incriminating evidence against the Prez, and any "co-opting" he may have done with the Deconstruct Me movement.

7. - Top - End - #67

BlackDragon

http://navcomic.com/not-a-villain/page-626/

Jane is finishing up her discussion.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ettin in the Playground

http://navcomic.com/not-a-villain/page-628/

I wonder if Jane asked what Sandra thinks she asked Kat to do. Sandra might have thought Jane was only asking about fixing the dolls' code, not talking about killing the game. Sandra, after all, lives in a City, and might not be as eager for the Game to die. She would like more programmers sent to fix other things in her city, though.

9. - Top - End - #69

BlackDragon

And the current book comes to the end.

http://navcomic.com/not-a-villain/page-636

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ettin in the Playground

Anyone know where the text-game version of the Tutorial is hidden? It's the version we readers can play (if we can figure out the right commands). I came across it a couple days ago, but my history is gone, and I can't remember what strip it was linked from.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Surgebinder in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Torath View Post
    Anyone know where the text-game version of the Tutorial is hidden? It's the version we readers can play (if we can figure out the right commands). I came across it a couple days ago, but my history is gone, and I can't remember what strip it was linked from.
    Found via the wiki, it is here.
    Like 4X (aka Civilization-like) gaming? Know programming? Interested in game development? Take a look.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Saberhagen's Twelve Swords, some homebrew artifacts for 3.5 (please comment)
    Isstinen Tonche for ECL 74 playtesting.
    Team Solars: Powergaming beyond your wildest imagining, without infinite loops or epic. Yes, the DM asked for it.
    Arcane Swordsage: Making it actually work (homebrew)

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ettin in the Playground

Thanks, Douglas!

Time to see if I can score a 100% Erbana!

13. - Top - End - #73

BlackDragon

Bandit and Danni are currently talking to each other.

http://navcomic.com/not-a-villain/page-648/

They have been pretty much since the book started

http://navcomic.com/not-a-villain/page-637/
    Last edited by keybounce; 2018-03-04 at 06:42 PM.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Halfling in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Do you think Bandit/Jake really is Saisuke? He doesn't deny it, just changes the topic and we know that he's an experienced player.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ettin in the Playground

I've always suspected that Saisuke = Mr. President = Kleya's father. No one at TENka has ever hinted that Jake was Saisuke, and if he were, you'd think Dr. Grace and crew would know.

Aneeka's launched a Kickstarter for Book 5. Looks like she's making decent progress, but still has a ways to go.

16. - Top - End - #76

BlackDragon

http://navcomic.com/not-a-villain/page-669/

Poor Kleya. Her best friend looks like she will be getting training from her worst enemy. And he won't do anything wrong except come across as a nice person.

17. - Top - End - #77

BlackDragon

http://navcomic.com/not-a-villain/du...the-pet-title/

We have a black-and-white stick sequence, aka "author has no time".

18. - Top - End - #78

BlackDragon

19. - Top - End - #79

BlackDragon

The main story has resumed
    http://navcomic.com/not-a-villain/page-673/

We see some of the history of Jake, and "Kat", and we find out her real name and some hints to her childhood.