New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: Not a villain 1.01 somebody had a thread about it?

http://navcomic.com/not-a-villain/page-575

So, we see WHY Tenka called for a forced logoff. Sounds like something is going on here.

And ... is the mystery person being referenced here our Dancer, or our Leader, or someone else?
    Not "fire at". I never used the word "at"
    GENERATION ω+1: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment. Remember, ω + 1 comes after ω.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by keybounce View Post
    http://navcomic.com/not-a-villain/page-575

So, we see WHY Tenka called for a forced logoff. Sounds like something is going on here.

And ... is the mystery person being referenced here our Dancer, or our Leader, or someone else?
    Mystery Person being the spy? Or being the person who put the portal in?

Also, no mouse-over text this time.

Did we ever find out what happened to Kleya's dad?

Any guesses on who plays Saisuke?
    Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

3. - Top - End - #33

BlackDragon

http://navcomic.com/not-a-villain/page-576/

So here's an odd thought: Did Brandon/Dude find the same portal on both runs, or did he find a different one the second time?

If not, as the comments on the comic indicate, chances are that the portal was not tied to a specific location, but only to the "fleeing without esones" condition.
    GENERATION ω+1: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment. Remember, ω + 1 comes after ω.

4. - Top - End - #34

BlackDragon

http://navcomic.com/not-a-villain/page-577/

"The programmers were killed for exactly this reason"?

... I'm not following. Anyone understand that?

5. - Top - End - #35

He suggest that since them being killed leaves Tenka in an advantageous position (since they rely on computer system but killed off most everyone able to handle them beside Tenka) they might have something to do with them all getting killed. Or what is your question?

6. - Top - End - #36

BlackDragon

7. - Top - End - #37

BlackDragon

http://navcomic.com/not-a-villain/page-579/
    Don't involve the president.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ettin in the Playground

This is the second time they've opted not to inform the predisent. Does he have a history of over-reacting to things? Is it the President of TENka, or the President of the World? Is there some reason to assume that the Deconstruct Me group was targeting him directly? I get the idea that he rose to power on the back of the Hacker Hunts, and also that he knew Kleya personally. Maybe he's the one who threw Kleya under the bus, laying the blame of the hacker attacks on her?
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

9. - Top - End - #39

BlackDragon

http://navcomic.com/not-a-villain/page-580

Kim really hates Kleya. Has already convicted her.

10. - Top - End - #40

BlackDragon

http://navcomic.com/not-a-villain/page-581/

D is on the radar, and Tenka seems to think that D and the Virus are one and the same.

I don't think they understand either D, the Virus, or "their" anti-hacker system.

11. - Top - End - #41

BlackDragon

http://navcomic.com/not-a-villain/page-583/

Finishing up with Kim, and then Dr. Grace. Good morning, err, Evening :-)

Whose son do you think they are referring to? Grace's?

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ettin in the Playground

http://navcomic.com/not-a-villain/page-583/

Finishing up with Kim, and then Dr. Grace. Good morning, err, Evening :-)

Whose son do you think they are referring to? Grace's?
    Yes.
    http://navcomic.com/not-a-villain/page-156/
    http://navcomic.com/not-a-villain/page-157/

13. - Top - End - #43

BlackDragon

http://navcomic.com/not-a-villain/page-585/

We find out about the spy. And a hint of a resistance group.

14. - Top - End - #44

BlackDragon

http://navcomic.com/not-a-villain/page-586/

Just how (dys-)functional are the cities, anyways?

15. - Top - End - #45

BlackDragon

http://navcomic.com/not-a-villain/page-588/ and 589:

So Tenka's plan: Pretend to be the missing cyborg girl, take actions that she would take, and convince the AI/Virus that they are its creator/owner, and gain control of it.

Of course, with Kleya actually around, that won't work.

Not that the virus won't be confused. Bandit is doing the Kat-favorite choice of demoli, and Kat is doing the Herbana route. So ...

===

Can Kleya remove that exo-spine she has? We saw, in her childhood, when she got it to work, and all the pictures of her since then have had it being worn. Is it a permanent fixture now?

16. - Top - End - #46

BlackDragon

Re-reading the last 15 pages. Going back to http://navcomic.com/not-a-villain/page-581/ we see the idea floated that Kleya's pet AI is controlling the virus, and Kim's response that this means the only thing between life and death for them is a fickle AI that thinks the hacker war is still going on.

Then, Kim comments that the reduced activity of the virus (we get confirmation that it is the virus on http://navcomic.com/not-a-villain/page-589/ ) means that Grace's plan is working.

So, the virus seems to think that Bandit is the person that the virus should pay attention to. D, the AI, knows (or should know) better. D seems to be able to control the virus, and Kleya almost certainly can, at least when she's not jacked-in and under observation.

Meanwhile, what is going on in Grace's mind, with the new one: http://navcomic.com/not-a-villain/page-590/ -- Grace wants Jake to make friends with Kleya, after Jake's Bandit has caused serious harm to Kleya's Kat.

What is Grace expecting?
    Would you want to befriend someone that has just caused you serious harm in a major-investment online RPG?

Just imagine if someone managed to destroy your EVE corporation / take over your 0-space zone; would you want to be friends with them?

17. - Top - End - #47

BlackDragon

http://navcomic.com/not-a-villain/page-591/

"I haven't exactly been friendly to her" / "So fix it. One lone outsider should be easy" / "Why?" / ...

Geez, Grace here is not under pressure :-)

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ettin in the Playground

New Strip

Dr. Grace is not really the nicest guy.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ettin in the Playground

Griffon

A plan that convoluted is bound to bite them.
    The end of what Son? The story? There is no end. There's just the point where the storytellers stop talking.

20. - Top - End - #50

I ducked out of this one shortly after the big trial where Kleya did the good-girl route. At least, I think that's when it was. Did the weird garden-gnome art start around that time?
    I do not think the way you think. If you try to apply your own mindset to the things I say, there will be miscommunications. If something I say seems odd to you or feels like it's missing steps, ask for clarification. I'm not some unreasonable, unknowable entity beyond your mortal comprehension, I'm just autistic and have memory problems.

21. - Top - End - #51

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Delicious Taffy View Post
    I ducked out of this one shortly after the big trial where Kleya did the good-girl route. At least, I think that's when it was. Did the weird garden-gnome art start around that time?
    Garden-gnome art?

There's three different art styles for the three different "locations" in this world.

22. - Top - End - #52

Garden-gnome art?

There's three different art styles for the three different "locations" in this world.
    I'm quite aware, thanks. The garden-gnome art I'm referring to started when the real-life segments became more frequent, or at least during one of the longer ones. I don't remember when that was, timeline-wise, but it put me off the rest of the comic.
    I do not think the way you think. If you try to apply your own mindset to the things I say, there will be miscommunications. If something I say seems odd to you or feels like it's missing steps, ask for clarification. I'm not some unreasonable, unknowable entity beyond your mortal comprehension, I'm just autistic and have memory problems.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Delicious Taffy View Post
    I'm quite aware, thanks. The garden-gnome art I'm referring to started when the real-life segments became more frequent, or at least during one of the longer ones. I don't remember when that was, timeline-wise, but it put me off the rest of the comic.
    Somewhere around here? That was right after Kleya freaked out after finding out her group was a Villain group.

Some of her proportions are off (heads are a bit large), yes, and Walter's beard looks odd sometimes. She's still getting better, though.
    Last edited by Lord Torath; 2017-08-03 at 11:02 AM.

24. - Top - End - #54

BlackDragon

Jane wants to meet Kleya.

http://navcomic.com/not-a-villain/page-600/

An interesting thought was raised in the comments for 599: What if Jane is Ms. Lilly? An Outsider, with children at risk of dying ... the scary thing is that it fits.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ettin in the Playground

If Jane was Mrs. Lily, Mina would be her manager, instead of trying to manage an upstart like Kleya, and the family would be much better off. Look how Mrs Lily wears the same starter clothing as Kleya. Mae wears the same clothes, with a slight color change. Only Mina, their main money-maker, gets custom clothing. No, there's very little chance that Jane is Mrs. Lily.

Plus, I'm pretty sure Mae would know if her mom were Jane/Bloody Mary, and wouldn't be asking Kleya about Jane's identity.

Edit: Fun fact: Kleya is what, 16? 17? Mae is "practically 16" herself.
    Last edited by Lord Torath; 2017-08-22 at 10:55 PM.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ettin in the Playground

New strip (601) is out. And no, we don't get to find out what Jane wants to talk about.

More info on the state of Brandon's city.

OK, so Kleya was 13 the ending started (comments under the strip). It's been what, two years since the ending? Which makes Kleya roughly the same age as Mae.
    Last edited by Lord Torath; 2017-08-29 at 03:10 PM.

27. - Top - End - #57

BlackDragon

http://navcomic.com/not-a-villain/page-602/

More on the state of Tenka city vs the rest of the world.
    And, what is Brandon / The Dude's real game here?

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ettin in the Playground

OK, according to this strip, Kleya's dad is a "Dead One". What are the chances that he's really the President? We've never seen Kleya's dad's mouth, and we've never seen Chipped-Tooth's upper face ("Hello, Wilson!")

Okay, here's "Dad's" smile. Note the lack of chipped teeth. Could have happened later, though. Kat tells Danni that her mom's dead, and she doesn't have a dad, implying (to us) that they are estranged, or she just doesn't want to talk about him.
    Last edited by Lord Torath; 2017-08-30 at 03:48 PM.

29. - Top - End - #59

BlackDragon

Latest: http://navcomic.com/not-a-villain/page-603

Someone needs to give Dude the same lesson that Hat and Cloak gave the quintuple agent in HP:MoR.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Torath View Post
    OK, so Kleya was 13 the ending started (comments under the strip). It's been what, two years since the ending? Which makes Kleya roughly the same age as Mae.
    How long did The Ending last? Here The Dude tells us they have video of a 15-year-old Kleya destroying an army with her mind. That puts Kleya around 17 years old. Still pretty young to have the world on her shoulders.