New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Pillars of Eternity 2

I haven't seen people talk about it, so might as well make a thread. It's now official that we'll be getting a sequel. Crowdfunded, once more. Which is both good and bad. I've heard unpleasant rumours about the original game having to cut some features due to the demands of the old-school crowd crowdfunding it.

Well, anyway. We know the second game will be taking part in Deadfire Archipelago, and that we'll be keeping our original protagonist. They'll be brought down to level one, thankfully, so we won't have to deal with some ungodly level creep. We'll be seeing Eder, Aloth and Pallegina again, I believe. And we'll get our own ship, which I have to admit is pretty awesome. If nothing else, there's no room for an entirely pointless dungeon crawl under a ship.

We'll also get BG2-style kits for the classes, which is a pretty welcome feature. The one example I've seen is a ranger who doesn't have to lug an animal sidekick around, and summons it as a spirit instead. Works for me. If more have been revealed, I don't know of them. But more character creation options are always good.

All in all, I'm moderately looking forward to it. The first game is solid, if held back by some D&D-isms. I expect the second one to have the same level of quality, but perhaps a more interesting setting - the Deadfire Archipelago is further away from traditional European fantasy than the Dyrwood was. I don't expect major changes to the mechanics, but some refining wouldn't go amiss. Specifically, make it so that characters who aren't tank-specialized fighters can actually withstand prolonged combat. And to make it so the "tank" role is easier to accomplish by some classes other than fighter. The universal Second Wind ability did help with that a bit.

Maybe I should finish my second playthrough of the original, come to think of it. I was on my way to do it, but then I bounced off the stupidly difficult White March content. I really wanted to meet the new NPCs, but it's hard to do if I get my ass kicked every two steps outside the initial settlement. And that's with level scaling turned off.
    Last edited by Morty; 2017-03-17 at 12:26 PM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Pillars of Eternity 2

They'll probably manage the interesting characters and good writing parts, but this time they'll have to amp up the plot and villain(s) to achieve what they're aspiring to. The first game was a little bit lacking in those areas.

It's funny how Pillars, Torment and Tyranny all do different things alright and then fail on even different aspects.
    Last edited by Cespenar; 2017-03-16 at 08:21 AM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Not having played Tyranny or the new Torment, I can't really compare. I didn't really find the plot of Pillars lacking, though. I suppose the main villain was a bit lukewarm, though. As far as the second game goes, we do know how it'll start.

Spoiler: Just in case
    Show
    Eothas wakes up under Caed Nua and escapes, stopping to eat your character's soul - hence why you're down to level 1 when you start.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGirl

This is some quality video production. Music that is too loud, voice that is only in the right ear (with plenty of noise, room sound and bordering on distortion). Fantastic!

5. - Top - End - #5
    Firbolg in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Not having played Tyranny or the new Torment, I can't really compare. I didn't really find the plot of Pillars lacking, though. I suppose the main villain was a bit lukewarm, though. As far as the second game goes, we do know how it'll start.
    I found that the third act of Pillars kind of petered out, I never really made any connection between the past life of my character in the Leaden Key and my character now, because it was, well, an actual past life. Not me, a previous go around the wheel. And I didn't really care about Thaos. I liked the world, I liked most of the characters (Grieving Mother was a bit bland, Kana's plot finished too early, and Durance's too late.), I liked uncovering the mysteries around the gods, and White March was really good, but the whole Twin Elms bit was kinda weak. (They've even said that having a second city hub was a mistake.)

I'm looking forward to Pillars 2. I think the combat design changes are going to be pretty positive. More activatables for the classes that were kinda self driving in 1 like fighters and paladins, changing on-rest to having per encounter with a limited pool of power points that can be used for a more powerful effect, dropping to 5 characters with wider bounding boxes to space combat out and make it more readable, etc.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by GloatingSwine View Post
    I found that the third act of Pillars kind of petered out, I never really made any connection between the past life of my character in the Leaden Key and my character now, because it was, well, an actual past life. Not me, a previous go around the wheel. And I didn't really care about Thaos. I liked the world, I liked most of the characters (Grieving Mother was a bit bland, Kana's plot finished too early, and Durance's too late.), I liked uncovering the mysteries around the gods, and White March was really good, but the whole Twin Elms bit was kinda weak. (They've even said that having a second city hub was a mistake.)
    Those are fair points. I think I'd have liked White March if for the difficulty spike. Thaos was... pretty generic, I agree. And the shift to Twin Elms did not work very well.

I'm looking forward to Pillars 2. I think the combat design changes are going to be pretty positive. More activatables for the classes that were kinda self driving in 1 like fighters and paladins, changing on-rest to having per encounter with a limited pool of power points that can be used for a more powerful effect, dropping to 5 characters with wider bounding boxes to space combat out and make it more readable, etc.
    Are those confirmed changes? Because that would be two of my major complaints about Pillars of Eternity in one sentence. I disliked both some classes running on automatic, while others were stuck with a per-rest system. Pillars already has a fairly organic health system that enforces rest, so daily spells are unnecessary. If they fix those, well... PoE 2 is lookin' good. Making combat easier to keep track of is a welcome change as well.
    Last edited by Morty; 2017-03-16 at 02:11 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7

Flumph

Are those confirmed changes? Because that would be two of my major complaints about Pillars of Eternity in one sentence. I disliked both some classes running on automatic, while others were stuck with a per-rest system. Pillars already has a fairly organic health system that enforces rest, so daily spells are unnecessary. If they fix those, well... PoE 2 is lookin' good. Making combat easier to keep track of is a welcome change as well.

Yeah, they're in the dev diaries.

The new empowerment mechanic is at the core of the game's multiclassing as well. Every level you get 3 points of resource for that class and one "virtual" point for every other class, that you only get for real if you take a level in that class (eg. if at level 2 you have one level of paladin and one of druid, you'll have four points of each resource, but if you had two levels of paladin you'd have 6 points of paladin resource. Spending some resource on a spell makes it better, eg. if you spend wizard resource on the magic missile spell it fires five bolts instead of three. (You can have a max of two classes, can multiclass the NPCs as well but they have two "default" classes and at least one of their classes has to be one of those two, eg. Eder is Fighter/Rogue*, at level 1 you choose one of those two but at other levels you can choose any other class for them)

All abilities are per-encounter, but empower resource is refreshed on rest.

They're not using the health system though, they're using the wound system from Tyranny to encourage resting. (Pity, I kinda liked the health system).

I played White March quite late into the game, which made the difficulty much more manageable (also I was using Pallegina with St Ydwen's Redeemer, which could proc its Vessel-instakill on the eyeless). Also, I got everyone out alive which not everyone manages given how many kills there are in the CYOA sections at the end.

Also, they're changing crafting, mostly to emphasise using more different weapons not just upgrading the same ones forever.

*Eder was originally going to be the Rogue character in PoE, but was changed to Fighter to give the player a tank.
    Last edited by GloatingSwine; 2017-03-16 at 03:54 PM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Hm, very interesting. Got a link to those dev diaries, by any chance? If they're not KS backer exclusive, that is. I'm a bit sceptical about the whole idea of multiclassing - we see how it works, or doesn't, in D&D 3e. But maybe combining it with those empowerment points will make it click, we'll see.

I also liked the health system in PoE, but I can't say how it compares to Tyranny's.

9. - Top - End - #9

Flumph

Hm, very interesting. Got a link to those dev diaries, by any chance? If they're not KS backer exclusive, that is. I'm a bit sceptical about the whole idea of multiclassing - we see how it works, or doesn't, in D&D 3e. But maybe combining it with those empowerment points will make it click, we'll see.

I also liked the health system in PoE, but I can't say how it compares to Tyranny's.
    A lot of them are on Obsidian's own Youtube channel (which is not well organised).

https://www.youtube.com/user/ObsidianEnt/videos

There's also stuff that Josh Sawyer posts on SomethingAwful which is mirrored on the Obsidian forums.

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/912...ul-poe2-posts/

Tyranny's health system is basically like Dragon Age 1. You get knocked out in combat, you pick up an injury that gives you a negative status effect until you rest to clear it. Knockout Injuries were added in PoE1 in a later patch too, but they're just replacing Health in PoE2. Injuries do the same thing as health, really, promote resting when you've had a few serious encounters, but with more gradual consequences than "Oh Aloth is dead forever now, better reload the game (so I can sacrifice him to Skaen)".

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

They're not using the health system though, they're using the wound system from Tyranny to encourage resting. (Pity, I kinda liked the health system).
    At last count, they said they are experimenting with a different system; if they decide that works better in an actual dungeon environment test, they'll use it, of not they'll stick with the health/endurance. (I hope for the latter, an injuries based-system sounds like all it would end up doing is encouraging me to rest more.)

Deadfire was crowd funded on Fig, if that matters to anyone (and it's already over and done and funded and such - I followed the campaign, but as it got funded almost imemdiately, I decided I couldn't personally be arsed to start a thread here ar the same time as doing panto and re-indexing all my D&D spells and stuff.)

Party is down to five, multiclassing and kits are in, Eder, Aloth and Pellengina are returning companions, the aforementioned nominal changes to health and the changes to per-rest/encounter, we're getting a boat (which is going to be like the stronghold equivilent), fishing is in (*shrug* I dunno, either...), there's mutterings about camping supplies and fioiod being sort of rolled together... Can't think of anything else we've not mentioned.

Oh yeah *skullpalm* the really big one, and the one introduced in the most soul-splinteringly hilarious fashion on the 14th of February companion relationships.

I would expand on that and what it actually means, but honestly, you really ought to just watch the video, because it is priceless.

As was personally extremely haoppy with PoE, as I felt I got exactly the game I was promised in the kickstarter, so I'm quite hyped up.

That siad, I've been very much enjoying Tides of Numenara, too. My personaly jury is out as to how close it measure to PS:T, but it's the first game since that to even attempt the sort of feel, let alone capture anything of it, but I feel at bare minimum is is a Damn Fine Game.

(And it has me being, like, the Worst Parent Ever which is just gold.)
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2017-03-16 at 05:55 PM.

11. - Top - End - #11

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    At last count, they said they are experimenting with a different system; if they decide that works better in an actual dungeon environment test, they'll use it, of not they'll stick with the health/endurance. (I hope for the latter, an injuries based-system sounds like all it would end up doing is encouraging me to rest more.)
    Depends how many ways there are to counter injuries.

PoE had like one skill that restored health and it was a tiny amount compared to total health and you would never take that skill, (maybe they even patched it out, I don't recall it from later play sessions). Injuries are a binary thing and you'll likely have fewer of them, so a skill that cleared an injury would be more perceptibly valuable. (and obvs. in the original you lost health no matter how much endurance you lost, whereas an injury system only applies injuries if you get to low health/knocked out, which also makes healing in combat more useful, because in PoE you'd still lost the health after you healed, just regained the endurance, so you can do more between rests the more successful/powerful relative to the opposition you are).

They are trying to avoid the fifteen minute adventuring day, so I doubt the system will push everyone into resting more.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

That channel isn't very organized, indeed, and I don't like information in video format, anyway. But the Obsidian thread was informative. I'm very happy they're innovating and trying new things. Modal abilities as an inherent part of weapon proficiency... this one has me curious.

That said, I also liked the health system from Pillars. It felt like you were gradually worn down by the enemies and hardships, without getting knocked out. It seemed like a good compromise between the old-school unforgiving health system that plagues Baldur's Gate or Icewind Dale, and games like Dragon Age (the first two, anyway) or KotoR where you're fine and dandy so long as no one got knocked out. We'll see how it shakes out, since they're still testing it.

Unless something very surprising happens, it looks like my fighter from the first Pillars would translate as a Fighter/Rogue multiclass. Which one would be dominant would depend on how those classes work in the sequel. My orlan crossbow-rogue... a rogue/ranger. Or it would be, if rangers weren't stuck with pets. So maybe just pure rogue.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

They are trying to avoid the fifteen minute adventuring day, so I doubt the system will push everyone into resting more.
    Problem is - as I've mentioned on the debates on their site - you kind of can't, not to any meaningful degree; not without resorting to JRPG random encounter shananigans (or the... unplayably unfun suggestions made by one gentleman on one of the threads). You're always going to be up against the fact that you will be forever caught between the two pillars (aha) of either having to use draconic resource management (e.g Mask of the Betrayer, wherein I eventually found the tedious pseuco-time limt rendered the game unplayable) and players having full-resources every fight, limited in practise only b how much tedium they are prepared to put up with. Per-rest limitations really only work as a player-imposed limitation (and this is largely true of even tabletop games, since there comes a poiont where the DM has to either let the players resy where they want or end the campaign), and the danger is in trying to encourage avoiding the fifteen miniute adventuring day, all that is achieved is a test of whether a player is bloody-minded enough to sit through the tedium of walking back to the inn every fight or something.

There is no good solution to the problem, as you have too much pulling in diametrically opposite directions - all you can do is pick a point of compromise. (And that point my not work as well in a CROPG as on the tabletop, and vise versa.)

It is maybe a noble goal, but I think an injury system will be much LESS effective at that than the health/endurance system they had previously.

That (which, frankly, was REALLY clever, one of those "why did no-one think of this before, it's so simple!" ideas) gave you a resource that depleted, but, crucially did not impinge on the actual functional effectiveness of your party. Hell, with very minor tweaks, you could turn it into an excellent fatigue/exhaustion system (and vastly improve any existsing ones, actually, and I'm not even talking computer games any more). I think it was a phenominally good idea

(And the excuses that the detracters said "I can't understand it" was just ludicrous; I very such suspect it was less of a lack of understanding and more of a "this isn't like Baldur's Gate!" albiet perhaops at a subconscious level. It's not a hard concept to grasp, really.)
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2017-03-16 at 07:31 PM.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

The health system could stand to be better explained. For a long time, I thought you only lose health if you run out of endurance. It took me a while to determine that it's as simple as losing an equal amount of both. I won't be too broken up about it, but I'd rather it stayed.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

Certainly liked the health/endurance system a lot more than what they did in Tyranny. And i do also think it would be a bit better suited for combat than what we got in the new Torment. I do agree on that it gave a good feeling for being gradually worn down from fighting.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

The health system could stand to be better explained. For a long time, I thought you only lose health if you run out of endurance. It took me a while to determine that it's as simple as losing an equal amount of both. I won't be too broken up about it, but I'd rather it stayed.
    It is a valid point that Pillars mechanics could stand to be better explained in general, I'll grant you; a point that has been raised in their forums in some of the more constructive threads - especially as they are sometimes inconsistent.

Heck, their damage over time is pretty poorly noted; as I said myself, don't tell me "does x damage over y seconds," tell me "does x damage per [second] for y [seconds]", perhaps a "z damage total", where [seconds] is seconds or ticks or whatever. The information is presented much more clearly and is more helpful to tell at a glance.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

Heck, their damage over time is pretty poorly noted; as I said myself, don't tell me "does x damage over y seconds," tell me "does x damage per [second] for y [seconds]", perhaps a "z damage total", where [seconds] is seconds or ticks or whatever. The information is presented much more clearly and is more helpful to tell at a glance.
    This i think is less needed though. x damage over y time already tells you all the information you need. And you honestly should be able to tell at a glance if Y is low or high. Especially when your optimising at the level where this turns relevant.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    This i think is less needed though. x damage over y time already tells you all the information you need. And you honestly should be able to tell at a glance if Y is low or high. Especially when your optimising at the level where this turns relevant.
    It doesn't though, because it misses the most important thing - the rate at which the damage is inflicted. It's like saying in 3.x "inflicts 50 damage over five rounds." It's ambiguous. And that is the sort of information you DO need to know, because each interval of damage is affected by damage reduction.

Especially when, as explained by the people who have worked out what it means, something that tells you "45 damage over 10.5 seconds" does NOT mean (the unhelpful) "4.3 damage per second" as you can might assume from the phrasing but actually means "10 damage on the hit, plus 10 damage per tick (tick being a 3 second interval) for three ticks and 5 damage at the end of half a tick (1.5 seconds)." Which, without digging through the code or careful experimentation you can never possibly know - and means it does not work against damage reduction differently. And that's just sloppy.

There is no good reason not to be exact and explicit - it's not a publication where the word count matters, and they even HAVE tags in the tooltips for expanding on things.

And let's not even start in the whole confusing mess of weapons speed and recovery times. The fact they had to release a diagram post-release to explain how it worked shows what a pooor job they did of explaining it. I'm still not entirely sure NOW whether armour actually increases the time to cast your spells or the tiem between them or what. (Tyranny was a little better in this regard.)

I am a great believer in that games should not hide how their mechanics are derived; if not explained in game fully (not necessarily in the tool tips, but they could be when you have a fracking in-game glossary and such), they should at least be explained in the wiki (going double for games who don't even bother with the manual and have jus the wiki, Paradox, eys, I'm looking at you specifically.)

Edit: Yes, I realise after looking up it again, my earlier post would also be wrong, really, it needs to be something like "deals x damage every [tick]* for y seconds, (z damage total)."

*Tick being tooltipped to say "A tick is a unit of 3 seconds. The first tick is applied when the attack hits. If the duration is not a multiple of 3 seconds, the left-over fraction is applied at the end of the duration."

Though honestly, it might simply be better to re-work (as many have suggested) so that the damage simply correlate exactly to seconds or ticks or something, rather than have the PoE's more messy fractional increases because Intelligence increases the duration as a proportion, not as a straight increase of "more intervals."
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2017-03-17 at 09:50 AM.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

Alright yeah, if DR applies to every individual tick of the spell, and they are not broken up per second then the size of each individual tick does get a bit more important.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    It is a valid point that Pillars mechanics could stand to be better explained in general, I'll grant you; a point that has been raised in their forums in some of the more constructive threads - especially as they are sometimes inconsistent.

I can definitely agree about more transparency. Pillars is still better about it than many other RPGs, I think. On the other hand, its mechanics are sufficiently finicky and detailed that it's often not enough.

I think I'll try to finish White March on my current playthrough, because I believe one of the NPCs you meet there shows up in the sequel - the Amaua barbarian, specifically. I'll wait until right before the endgame to do it, and maybe I'll power through those challenges. Not sure about the playthrough that I've already finished. It depends on how much it matters if you import a save, really.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Barbarian in the Playground

ClericGuy

I got to the end of the first game and I think the ending stuff got me really hyped up, and then.... not.

Spoiler: Ending Spoilers
    Show
    My character was a cleric of Berath, and I was getting pretty invested in the role, and I really enjoyed all the god quests (enjoyed them so much I made certain to do them all) and then the revelation at the end... what? It just really threw me off. No special dialogue for clerics to say "I don't believe you!" Nope, your entire party just comes around to the idea that the gods are fake. Not even evil though. Why wasn't there an option for me to refute that stupid elf girl's points? All that development flushed down the drain. No option to say to her face "they may be created but they're gods to me". Why did I have the same options as any other character? And why when I confront Thaos, are my options in terms of dialogue limited to "you monster" when I could see his point of view?

I also really wished I could have broken that elf girl as well. She refused to come about in any sense, so I just left her there. Refused to answer any questions. Got a point of cruelty for that, my powers were weakened but so be it. I never beat the game, lost all my motivation.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

This sequel makes me very happy. Though the first game had flaws, it was a very good game over all. Still need to finalize the white marches.
    Awesome FE sprites done by Penguinator

My Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

My characters

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #23

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Spellbreaker26 View Post
    I got to the end of the first game and I think the ending stuff got me really hyped up, and then.... not.

Spoiler: Ending Spoilers
    Show
    My character was a cleric of Berath, and I was getting pretty invested in the role, and I really enjoyed all the god quests (enjoyed them so much I made certain to do them all) and then the revelation at the end... what? It just really threw me off. No special dialogue for clerics to say "I don't believe you!" Nope, your entire party just comes around to the idea that the gods are fake. Not even evil though. Why wasn't there an option for me to refute that stupid elf girl's points? All that development flushed down the drain. No option to say to her face "they may be created but they're gods to me". Why did I have the same options as any other character? And why when I confront Thaos, are my options in terms of dialogue limited to "you monster" when I could see his point of view?

I also really wished I could have broken that elf girl as well. She refused to come about in any sense, so I just left her there. Refused to answer any questions. Got a point of cruelty for that, my powers were weakened but so be it. I never beat the game, lost all my motivation.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Gods aren't "fake" though, they're real, their power is real, their outlooks and behaviours are broadly what people believe them to be.

The fact that they were made doesn't make them not real, and opens up some interesting paths for narrative because they otherwise fit the mould of fantasy/mock classical gods where their role in the pantheon defines their character to an obsessive degree.

Which is partly touched on with the endings to the White March and the disposition of Abydon.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Do kinda agree on that the ending of Pillars were the weakest part of the game. I did kinda dislike the eventual revelation of what the gods were.

25. - Top - End - #25

ClericGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    The Gods aren't "fake" though, they're real, their power is real, their outlooks and behaviours are broadly what people believe them to be.

The fact that they were made doesn't make them not real, and opens up some interesting paths for narrative because they otherwise fit the mould of fantasy/mock classical gods where their role in the pantheon defines their character to an obsessive degree.

Which is partly touched on with the endings to the White March and the disposition of Abydon.
    Spoiler: Spoilers
    Show
    I agree, but the game didn't give me any opportunities to argue that to the elf girl despite the fact that I was a cleric. When Thaos went "they're basically still gods" I was like "I agree" but the game wouldn't let me say that. I'm supposed to be feeling really guilty about killing her, but she just came across as massively smug, so I didn't feel that bad in the end. She doesn't even give me any damn evidence despite boasting about it. I just have to take her word for it.

It wanted me to feel outraged but I just couldn't manage any emotion other than annoyance. All those hours of getting extra dialogue options for how I built my character and it all fails at the end.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Ending Twist
    Show
    I greatly enjoyed it, myself. It put a unique spin on the typical fantasy pantheon. If the gods feel artificial and arbitrary, well, that's because they are. I can see the argument for wishing you could agree with Thaos a bit more, though. Not that I'd ever do it.

27. - Top - End - #27

ClericGuy

Spoiler: Ending Twist
    Show
    I greatly enjoyed it, myself. It put a unique spin on the typical fantasy pantheon. If the gods feel artificial and arbitrary, well, that's because they are. I can see the argument for wishing you could agree with Thaos a bit more, though. Not that I'd ever do it.
    Spoiler: Ending
    Show
    The problem is that it breaks gameplay style with the rest of the game. Instead of keeping things ambiguous and letting you choose a side, you're essentially forced into a particular course of action. Not to mention that in another story the gods might feel artificial, but in this one they actually did a great job fleshing the different gods out with the previous group of quests, which might have been the best written part of the game. I had gotten massively pumped up to kill Thaos but instead my anger got redirected to that bloody elf girl.

The most annoying thing about it is that you're never given the option to doubt her. You (and the rest of your party!) have to take her word on faith rather than the evidence she talks about.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

I finally went into White March. At level 13, and with scaling turned off, it's actually almost too easy. Oh well. I'm still not going to fight the white dragon, so if I want to finish that quest, I'll have to get my attributes high enough for the conversation somehow.

I'm really liking the soul-bound items I find. Mostly because I like the idea of giving one to someone and having it upgrade by itself. Come to think of it, that makes me a bit apprehensive of the planned changes to crafting to encourage using different weapon. I prefer to have one weapon and stick with it. If I could get away with never changing my weapon and just upgrading it forever, I would.

29. - Top - End - #29

Flumph

I finally went into White March. At level 13, and with scaling turned off, it's actually almost too easy. Oh well. I'm still not going to fight the white dragon, so if I want to finish that quest, I'll have to get my attributes high enough for the conversation somehow.
    White March is kinda designed to be done in two chunks, one at mid level and one considerably higher.

(Speaking of Soulbound weapons, put St. Ydwen's Redeemer in the hands of a paladin and watch those big scary Eyeless drop like flies).

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, I just finished the first part. Now to see how I do in the second one. But first, I need to hunt down all the Durgan Iron ingots. Unless I can do it in Part 2, but I doubt it.

And yeah, Pallegina with the Redeemer stomps Vessels pretty hard. Shame the soulbound weapons can't be upgraded with Durgan Steel, but there's plenty other items to spend it on.