New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: GrrlPower III: Crisis Of Infinite Filler Comics

Quote Originally Posted by halfeye View Post
    Let's put it this way, for every scene, there is someone for whom it is not fun.
    Improved!!!

2. - Top - End - #152
    Colossus in the Playground

Ok, now things have gravitated past the reasonable stage. Unless we find out they did a search off panel. Which is possible as now max is wearing a shirt and we never saw harem hand one to her. Though still no pants for hiro. Seriously, doesnt ANYONE have a pair of emergency sweats on hand? He is still using debris to shield himself. Anyways, this comic feels a lot like the post vehemence updates where the action is over and sydney was basically sitting there processing things. Also, im liking this whole indication of interest they have for each other. Max is prickly but she knows hiro is a good guy. Handsome, sexy, smart, well mannered, about the only thing keeping either of them from making a move seems to be the rank issue. They really would make a pretty good pairing from what we have seen of them. It helps he is also a flying brick type, even if well under her level. So they have similar powers, they are both military so they have that in common, hiro isnt a drooling idiot or a sexist pig, or even the microaggression type of sexism that strikes me as the type of thing to annoy maxima. All we need now is more info on their personal lives, what their hobbies are, that sort of thing, but on the surface they are pretty compatible.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ettin in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Ok, now things have gravitated past the reasonable stage. Unless we find out they did a search off panel. Which is possible as now max is wearing a shirt and we never saw harem hand one to her. Though still no pants for hiro. Seriously, doesnt ANYONE have a pair of emergency sweats on hand? He is still using debris to shield himself. Anyways, this comic feels a lot like the post vehemence updates where the action is over and sydney was basically sitting there processing things. Also, im liking this whole indication of interest they have for each other. Max is prickly but she knows hiro is a good guy. Handsome, sexy, smart, well mannered, about the only thing keeping either of them from making a move seems to be the rank issue. They really would make a pretty good pairing from what we have seen of them. It helps he is also a flying brick type, even if well under her level. So they have similar powers, they are both military so they have that in common, hiro isnt a drooling idiot or a sexist pig, or even the microaggression type of sexism that strikes me as the type of thing to annoy maxima. All we need now is more info on their personal lives, what their hobbies are, that sort of thing, but on the surface they are pretty compatible.
    There was a BBC report on one British army base commander being replaced by her husband, but I can't find it now, it was about a couple of months ago.

<edit>

This one:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-39293869

I don't know whether it's technically relevant.
    Last edited by halfeye; 2017-05-01 at 10:59 AM.
    The end of what Son? The story? There is no end. There's just the point where the storytellers stop talking.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Titan in the Playground

I don't think Hiro was actually in the military before Arc-SWAT - wasn't he a vigilante?

Or am I thinking of someone else on the team?
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

5. - Top - End - #155
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

There was a BBC report on one British army base commander being replaced by her husband, but I can't find it now, it was about a couple of months ago.
    There is no problem (in the US military) at any rate of married couples being in the same command. At one point both my brothers and sister in law were posted at the same place and someone got the bright idea of putting them all in the same office. To make matters worse they all had the same rank.
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

6. - Top - End - #156

Quote Originally Posted by Yuki Akuma View Post
    I don't think Hiro was actually in the military before Arc-SWAT - wasn't he a vigilante?

If so, he moved up in ranks fast as I think he is technically second in command below maxima. Or at least back at the super brawl pre fight dinner anvil asked if max was afraid they would bump her down a grade and give command to hiro. Here it is. *EDIT* Also his cast page entry makes it pretty clear he has been military for awhile. He joined as a regular in the army, was really good at his job and eventually agreed to become an officer and is now a major.
    Last edited by Traab; 2017-05-01 at 11:11 AM.

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

7. - Top - End - #157
    Titan in the Playground

If so, he moved up in ranks fast as I think he is technically second in command below maxima. Or at least back at the super brawl pre fight dinner anvil asked if max was afraid they would bump her down a grade and give command to hiro. Here it is. *EDIT* Also his cast page entry makes it pretty clear he has been military for awhile. He joined as a regular in the army, was really good at his job and eventually agreed to become an officer and is now a major.
    Huh. Must have been thinking about someone else then.
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

8. - Top - End - #158
    Troll in the Playground

I can't help but feel the writer is being a little hard on dudes, both from the perspective of somehow assuming women don't do the exact same thing when given the chance and from acting like someone checking someone out is somehow one of those bogus microagression things. Also during the exact same page Max points out she was glad to give Hiro the "Oh My God" as he put it down in the comment section. As long as your not going for "The Leer" or “I am a lion and your breasts are gazelles” with the "Oh My God" also being fairly inappropriate depending on circumstance people should be free to check out other attractive people.
    Thanks to Linklele for my new avatar!
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Yuki Akuma View Post

I think the vigilantes were Achilles, Mr. Amorphous and Heatwave.
    "If it lives it can be killed.
    If it is dead it can be eaten."

Ronkong Coma "the way of the bookhunter" III Catacombium
    (Walter Moers "Die Stadt der träumenden Bücher")

10. - Top - End - #160
    Troll in the Playground

Yea I think it was mentioned somewhere ant Achilles has been running around for decades.
    Thanks to Linklele for my new avatar!
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonus45 View Post
    Yea I think it was mentioned somewhere ant Achilles has been running around for decades.
    I recall that was well. His bio says that he seems stuck in the 80's. Heatwave's bio says she, Mr. Amorphous and Achilles had been vigilantes at some point.
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

12. - Top - End - #162
    Titan in the Playground

So they did a search off screen. Harem and Pixel were working while everyone else was standing guard/ogling each other.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

13. - Top - End - #163

Yep, seems so. And honestly, im not surprised, neither of them were really dressed for continuing work. Also, being the commanding officers, they generally dont do the grunt work anyways. :p

14. - Top - End - #164
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Max you just HAD to say Dabblers name, didn't you.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Titan in the Playground

I really like Max's grin in the last panel, though she should be a little more careful, revealing she is a bit more less inexperienced than the ice queen act might give the impression of.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

16. - Top - End - #166

So I started my fourth or fifth archive binge, and thought posting some thoughts for discussion about the older material might help us fill in the time between updates.

To start:

The art right at the beginning really sucks. I mean rip the pages out of the book suck.

The comic shop hours are 11-7 TWHF and 10-6 on Saturday. Which explains why Sydney was taking the deposit to the bank on Tuesday--they were closed Monday. Really, they should've used the night deposit drop on Saturday or taken it in on Monday--you want your money working for you, not sitting around.

Zephan Zeong (ZZ Doc?) is probably right about Sydney needing her Adderall prescription checked. I'd lay money she's undermedicated in both senses (wrong dosage and not following the schedule).

I have a couple friends who functioned a bit like Brook. Both were born with the cord around their necks, and presumably had some oxygenation issues.

More later.

Edit: also, for something that shows just how fast the comic gets dated, that scenario Sydney and Joel were talking about. A reality show for a search and rescue hero? Helicopters wouldn't be considered these days, because you'd use a camera-equipped drone.
    Last edited by Rogar Demonblud; 2017-05-06 at 09:41 PM.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Titan in the Playground

So.. kinda dull comic today.. really did not need a reference to that unusually stupid joke Sydney made in the Vehemence fight

18. - Top - End - #168
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

That wasn't a joke, but some mockery on Sydney's part. There is actually a little more on this page than one might think. It shows that Harem isn't as smart/quick on the uptake as she thinks she is. May have future implications.

19. - Top - End - #169

Bah, so she missed a joke and finally got it later. Her only clues were meep meep and sydney blowing a raspberry. For me the confusing part was the sudden switch to heatwave and the latest science corner from dabbler. It took reading the comments section to realize she was putting out the fires sydney caused during the battle and we needed it explained that yeah she can do that, but doesnt much like it.

Also, tomorrow max really needs to concentrate on working with sydneys new abilities. A freaking teleporter?! And more than that, one who can scout an area BEFORE teleporting in there? Thats going to be useful as heck. I dunno if she can take stuff with her. If she cant, geez that will be handy. They also need to work on quantifying her destructo beams and scatter shot settings on the ppo. Right now we are running on bad guessing about how strong they are. Sydney needs to know when she can use the beam without killing people. Also how to aim it better.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ettin in the Playground

Griffon

Bah, so she missed a joke and finally got it later. Her only clues were meep meep and sydney blowing a raspberry. For me the confusing part was the sudden switch to heatwave and the latest science corner from dabbler. It took reading the comments section to realize she was putting out the fires sydney caused during the battle and we needed it explained that yeah she can do that, but doesnt much like it.

Also, tomorrow max really needs to concentrate on working with sydneys new abilities. A freaking teleporter?! And more than that, one who can scout an area BEFORE teleporting in there? Thats going to be useful as heck. I dunno if she can take stuff with her. If she cant, geez that will be handy. They also need to work on quantifying her destructo beams and scatter shot settings on the ppo. Right now we are running on bad guessing about how strong they are. Sydney needs to know when she can use the beam without killing people. Also how to aim it better.
    Does Sydney have that power in this timeline? I thought that was aborted in the reboot? It's a power she can get, and probably should, but AIUI, she doesn't currently have it.
    The end of what Son? The story? There is no end. There's just the point where the storytellers stop talking.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HandofShadows View Post
    That wasn't a joke, but some mockery on Sydney's part. There is actually a little more on this page than one might think. It shows that Harem isn't as smart/quick on the uptake as she thinks she is. May have future implications.
    Thread name is as relevant as ever.

22. - Top - End - #172

Does Sydney have that power in this timeline? I thought that was aborted in the reboot? It's a power she can get, and probably should, but AIUI, she doesn't currently have it.
    She didnt pick an upgrade until after the evil robot attacked. And that was for the scatter shot ability. The teleporting ability is, I think, the first upgrade she picked after the press demonstration 70 years ago. The aura viewing is one she didnt realize she had. Sort of like her shield embiggener.

23. - Top - End - #173

Quote Originally Posted by HandofShadows View Post
    It shows that Harem isn't as smart/quick on the uptake as she thinks she is.
    We already knew that. She's the one stupid enough to think committing espionage and treason while under the command of Lt Col Maximilia "Create Horrific Destruction as a Teaching Moment" Leander is a good idea.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Titan in the Playground

We already knew that. She's the one stupid enough to think committing espionage and treason while under the command of Lt Col Maximilia "Create Horrific Destruction as a Teaching Moment" Leander is a good idea.
    No, its completely and utterly irellevant who she commits it under. Because Max can create as much destruction as she wants to, but as soon as part of it includes Harem then she would be commiting a crime. And doing so is completely against everything Max stands for.

Also i dont think its technically treason unless another country is included, and Harem is almost impossible to catch as a teleporter with multible bodies. She is worse than Ambush bug in that regard, and he is troublesome enough to annoy Superman himself, who are a couple tiers above Max in power level.

25. - Top - End - #175

Actually, the issue here is we have no idea how the ARCHON Act defines these things, or what punishments are specified. For all we know, Deus counts a foreign power because he (in effect) owns his own country.

Daphne has really not thought this through. To be a spy is to leave yourself alone, with an opposition of uncounted myriads, and with a support network that will likely disavow you when things go sideways. And you actually have to worry about cleaners from both sides, because either side (or a third party) can decide things would be easier for them if you are not around anymore (and we know Deus can afford his own meta human security teams).

Plus, I doubt anyone has an idea about what'd happen to Daphne if a Harem got killed by, oh, say a cloaked sniper. Or someone who can project a forcefield around her.

Long story short, she'd probably be very lucky to only undergo another Atomic Wedgie.

26. - Top - End - #176

Yeah im not surprised at all by this. Its obvious that her powers are not only absurdly dangerous, but that she doesnt have as firm a grip on them as she needs beyond the basic levels of use. Think of it less of an arrest, and more, "We are going to train every aspect of that power you have until we dont have to worry about you ending reality by accident."

27. - Top - End - #177
    Titan in the Playground

Actually, the issue here is we have no idea how the ARCHON Act defines these things, or what punishments are specified. For all we know, Deus counts a foreign power because he (in effect) owns his own country.
    I really doubt the Arcon act has redefined definitions. For the law in particular im pretty certain in effect does not count. Especially not with someone that has as many lawyers as Deus does.

And Harem has an advantage most other spies really dont have. In that she is a irreplaceable asset. If you lose a skilled spy its annoying, but you most likely got a school somewhere that crank them out by the dozen.

Harem on the other hand is unique. You cant find another cloner/teleporter to replace her. That makes her extremely valuable, far to valuable to casually get cleaned up.
    And also valuable enough that she can most likely get sanctuary in country she cares to go to. Just the chance that she might settle down and have kids who are supers themselves would be worth the investment for a nation.

28. - Top - End - #178

Ooo-kay, that was not expected. So is the super-husk's operating core going back to Sciona, or is it an independent now?

29. - Top - End - #179
    Titan in the Playground

Im kinda surprised to read that the last comic had mixed reactions. Personally i think it was more or less Max's duty to bring Krona in after discovering she were both a) Messing around with time and b)Were not completely certain about what she were doing herself.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Im kinda surprised to read that the last comic had mixed reactions. Personally i think it was more or less Max's duty to bring Krona in after discovering she were both a) Messing around with time and b)Were not completely certain about what she were doing herself.
    Assuming you are talking about the debate in the comic comments, the main issue seems to be whether or not Max actually has the authority to bring Krona in IF Krona decides she doesn't want to come.

Remember, the only part of the law that specifically applies to Supers and powers is the part about vigilantism. Without telling us more of the law, we'd have to use existing law, and unless she's being arrested Krona can generally tell Max to take a hike.

Many were saying her powers are inherently dangerous, but there's no mention that the law allows arrest for that (and so are Max's, Dabbler's, and quite a few others). So you'd have to look at a specific act that broke the law in order to arrest her.
    "That's a horrible idea! What time?"

T-Shirt given to me by a good friend.. "in fairness, I was unsupervised at the time".