New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: The End of Batman (Best Batman Villains) AKA Who Will Kill Batman?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    I can see it being a case of godzilla threshold, where the situation is so bad and the foe so dangerous that he might make an exception for the sake of saving the universe?
    Once-in-a-lifetime Exception (in this continuity, at least)

Spoiler
    Show

Darkseid 'kills' Batman, while Batman is holding a gun. So, for everyone who says Batman dies to a random shot in an alley...No. He dies to one of the greatest evils the world has ever known, while breaking his vow on firearms.
    Last edited by Cheesegear; 2017-03-20 at 08:08 AM.
    Spoiler: My Mum Says I'm Cool
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan View Post
    Cheesegear; Lovable Thesaurus ItP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Cheesegear, have I told you yet that you're awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatShield#236 View Post
    ALL HAIL LORD CHEESEGEAR! Cheese for the cheesegear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shas'aia Toriia View Post
    Cheesegear is awesome

2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground

Except that he didn't. He wound up bouncing around through time, and stupid plot happened, and end of the universe, and... yadda yadda yadda whatever.

Batman will die when the last fan stops throwing money at DC and the last writer/artist-fanboy has his pen pried from his cold, dead fingers. And it won't even be as dignified as a lucky mook in a random alley. His universe will blink out after some last-ditch, desperate 'sweeps week' antics, on a teaser line promising new and bigger thrills.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by TeChameleon View Post
    Except that he didn't. He wound up bouncing around through time, and stupid plot happened, and end of the universe, and... yadda yadda yadda whatever.
    Just, but within the main narrative, Batman was treated as if he was dead, the mantle was passed on, and other characters certainly reacted like he had died.

Batman will die when the last fan stops throwing money at DC and the last writer/artist-fanboy has his pen pried from his cold, dead fingers.
    Unfortunately, I'm not wearing my top hat and monocle today.
    Spoiler: My Mum Says I'm Cool
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan View Post
    Cheesegear; Lovable Thesaurus ItP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Cheesegear, have I told you yet that you're awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatShield#236 View Post
    ALL HAIL LORD CHEESEGEAR! Cheese for the cheesegear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shas'aia Toriia View Post
    Cheesegear is awesome

4. - Top - End - #34
    Firbolg in the Playground

I like neil gaiman's "Whatever happend to the caped crusader" which told multiple stories about batman's ending, some good, some bad, some light and some dark, and it's implied that all of those actually happened, bruce kept being reborn in different continuities and having different lives, but one thing is always constant, he's always batman and he never gives up. Batman doesn't get an afterlife, the reward of being batman is being batman, though in all continuities he have a short respite in life, his 10 years of childhood where he's truly happy.
    You got Magic Mech in My Police Procedural!
    In this forum, Gaming is Serious Business, and Anyone Can Die. Not even your status as the Ensemble Darkhorse can guarantee your survival.

Disciple of GITP Trope-Fu Temple And Captain of GITP Valkyrie Squadron.
    Spoiler
    Show

The OTP in the playground.
    Awesome Elizabeth Shelley by Hollamer
    My Gallery/My Star Wolves 3 LP

5. - Top - End - #35
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fri View Post
    I like neil gaiman's "Whatever happend to the caped crusader" which told multiple stories about batman's ending, some good, some bad, some light and some dark, and it's implied that all of those actually happened, bruce kept being reborn in different continuities and having different lives, but one thing is always constant, he's always batman and he never gives up. Batman doesn't get an afterlife, the reward of being batman is being batman, though in all continuities he have a short respite in life, his 10 years of childhood where he's truly happy.
    ... wait, so even Bruce Wayne's afterlife is "Because I'm Batman."?

6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TeChameleon View Post
    ... wait, so even Bruce Wayne's afterlife is "Because I'm Batman."?
    One wonders when it goes from something he feels proud of to when it starts to become tiring. like, does Bruce ever wonder if "Bat" everything is just getting one-dimensional and over-saturating? like does he ever have any days where he'd rather make a dogarang? Or drive around in a parrotmobile? Just to have fun and screw with everyones heads? One thinks he'd have more fun if he occasionally went out as Parrotman instead and use basically the same gadgets but parrot-themed to troll everyone on April Fool's day, he has the money for it. And it help hide his identity, because no one would know who the hell Parrotman is and why he just appears out of nowhere.

and then if people ever ask about Parrotman to Batman, Batman just says "Who? I never seen any Parrotman, you must be seeing things."
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

It sounds more like Batman is going to Hell then.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ArlEammon View Post
    Nah he is not gonna dance with satan in pale moon light though this makes nice plot for few chapters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shadow View Post
    Threads are like cats. They go where they want, and never listen to what you want them to do.

9. - Top - End - #39

Quote Originally Posted by ArlEammon View Post
    Yeah you can say it that way, but you could also see it as some sort of valhalla. But I just rememebered that story because multiple villains said that they're the one who killed batman, and turned out it's true, but in different incarnations.
    Last edited by Fri; 2017-03-21 at 05:51 AM.
    In this forum, Gaming is Serious Business, and Anyone Can Die. Not even your status as the Ensemble Darkhorse can guarantee your survival.

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    ...and then if people ever ask about Parrotman to Batman, Batman just says "Who? I never seen any Parrotman, you must be seeing things."
    He must have swapped costumes with robin a couple times.
    Give directly to the extreme poor.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Barbarian in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

I'm surprised nobody told the obvious one. Here it is:

One day Superman will crack up, for reasons... Batman will think HE is the only one who can stop him and return him to the good old Clark (like he tends to do in every continuity where Supes go wacko). Except no, he will miscalculate, and Clark just doesn't care anymore.

Finger to the chest, tickle to the spine. Fatality. The end.
    Spoiler: Uuugh
    Show
    Please, don't bring up that typical Morrisonian storyline where "we give your beloved heroes a BIG twist"; except the twist will last as much as Flash's orgasms and will soon be either retconned or never mentioned again.

Batman killing Darkseid wasn't just a stupid idea. They managed to make it even stupider with Cavebat and the Batwitch-hunter. And people say the nineteys were worse than this???

PS: No, no way he dies to any of his enemies, unless they directly push Clark into wackiness. Poison Ivy was close, once. There's also Injustice, but that was Dictator Kent, not exactly Berserkr Clark...
    Last edited by Lord Joeltion; 2017-03-22 at 09:11 PM.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

At this point it's impossible to kill Batman.

Sure, Bruce Wayne's an ordinary human with a lot of gadgets. Batman isn't limited to Bruce Wayne's physical form. The entire point of the Batman enterprise is becoming a mythopoetic symbol of crimefighting, and the face of a fairly large multinational organization with numerous Batmans and potential Batmans. It's easy to talk about "superheroes as modern myth" but Batman created that exact situation, intentionally, in-universe.

The guy who used to be a scared kid watching his parents bleed out in an alley knows his limitations as a mortal man (even if the writers don't), so as usual he's taken precautionary measures to account for that, by making Batman bigger than any one human being. Batman's a legend, literally, and you can't actually kill a legend, at least with the straightforward means that supervillains use.
    Spoiler
    Show

Stealthy Snake avatar by Dawn
    Lack of images by Imageshack

13. - Top - End - #43

Quote Originally Posted by joeltion View Post
    I'm surprised nobody told the obvious one. Here it is:

One day Superman will crack up, for reasons... Batman will think HE is the only one who can stop him and return him to the good old Clark (like he tends to do in every continuity where Supes go wacko). Except no, he will miscalculate, and Clark just doesn't care anymore.

Finger to the chest, tickle to the spine. Fatality. The end.
    Spoiler: Uuugh
    Show
    Please, don't bring up that typical Morrisonian storyline where "we give your beloved heroes a BIG twist"; except the twist will last as much as Flash's orgasms and will soon be either retconned or never mentioned again.

Batman killing Darkseid wasn't just a stupid idea. They managed to make it even stupider with Cavebat and the Batwitch-hunter. And people say the nineteys were worse than this???

PS: No, no way he dies to any of his enemies, unless they directly push Clark into wackiness. Poison Ivy was close, once. There's also Injustice, but that was Dictator Kent, not exactly Berserkr Clark...
    You can read this instead of fanfics really if you want to read something in that line.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irredeemable

(I'm pretty sure all the characters are DC expies, and one thing that happens in the background is that the batman equivalent got killed easily like a chump).

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #44
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    At this point it's impossible to kill Batman.

Sure, Bruce Wayne's an ordinary human with a lot of gadgets. Batman isn't limited to Bruce Wayne's physical form. The entire point of the Batman enterprise is becoming a mythopoetic symbol of crimefighting, and the face of a fairly large multinational organization with numerous Batmans and potential Batmans. It's easy to talk about "superheroes as modern myth" but Batman created that exact situation, intentionally, in-universe.

The guy who used to be a scared kid watching his parents bleed out in an alley knows his limitations as a mortal man (even if the writers don't), so as usual he's taken precautionary measures to account for that, by making Batman bigger than any one human being. Batman's a legend, literally, and you can't actually kill a legend, at least with the straightforward means that supervillains use.
    so you are sayying batman gonna be either killed by gilgamesh or win the f ing holy grail war as master of himself
    Threads are like cats. They go where they want, and never listen to what you want them to do.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

Batman is a superhero. He can not die.

Well, he could die, but it would be impossible for anyone to keep him from being back a month later.
    We are not standing on the shoulders of giants, but on very tall tower of other dwarves.

Spriggan's Den Heroic Fantasy Roleplaying

16. - Top - End - #46
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Quote Originally Posted by khadgar567 View Post
    so you are sayying batman gonna be either killed by gilgamesh or win the f ing holy grail war as master of himself
    I'm saying that

Spoiler
    Show
    I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh.
    I have been called a hundred names and will be called a
    thousand more before the world goes dim and cold.
    I am hero. She has been nameless since our birth,
    a constant adversary caring for nothing but my ruin,
    a sword drenched in my blood forever, my greatest and
    only love. She is the dark. O Lethe, enemy and lover, without
    whom my very existence would be pathetic and vulgar!
    Our relationship is complex and perhaps eternal.
    We met once in the garden at the beginning of the world
    and, unaware of our twin destinies, we matched stares
    across a dry fountain. And I recall her smiling at me before
    she devoured the lawn and trees with a translucent blue flame
    and tore flagstones from the path and hurled them into the
    sky, screaming my sins. I powder a granite monument in a
    soundless flash, showering the grass with molten drops of
    its gold inlay, sending smoking chips of stone
    skipping into the fog. She splinters an ancient oak
    with a force that takes my breath and hurls me to the ground.
    She lea%

CONNECTION TERMINATED <ID#0401>
    Spoiler
    Show

Stealthy Snake avatar by Dawn
    Lack of images by Imageshack

17. - Top - End - #47
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    I'm saying that

Spoiler
    Show
    I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh.
    I have been called a hundred names and will be called a
    thousand more before the world goes dim and cold.
    I am hero. She has been nameless since our birth,
    a constant adversary caring for nothing but my ruin,
    a sword drenched in my blood forever, my greatest and
    only love. She is the dark. O Lethe, enemy and lover, without
    whom my very existence would be pathetic and vulgar!
    Our relationship is complex and perhaps eternal.
    We met once in the garden at the beginning of the world
    and, unaware of our twin destinies, we matched stares
    across a dry fountain. And I recall her smiling at me before
    she devoured the lawn and trees with a translucent blue flame
    and tore flagstones from the path and hurled them into the
    sky, screaming my sins. I powder a granite monument in a
    soundless flash, showering the grass with molten drops of
    its gold inlay, sending smoking chips of stone
    skipping into the fog. She splinters an ancient oak
    with a force that takes my breath and hurls me to the ground.
    She lea%

CONNECTION TERMINATED <ID#0401>
    nice myth attempth mate but what is the brucies noble phantasm?

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

This is how Batman perishes:

Spoiler
    Show
    By DM :
    "We are the people our parents warned us about!" - J.Buffett