Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Gestalt 3.5e 10th lvl campaign

All that aside, we should look into figuring out the DM situation.

Call in the Drack.
    My attempt to reciprocate is cut brutally short as my body experiences a sudden lack of electrons.

Across a variety of hidden dimensions you are dismayed.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh my...
    Does this poster have a sign?

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

So we are now waiting on the Drack to drop the smack, to keep us on track if what we're sayin is whack?

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LairdMaon View Post
    So we are now waiting on the Drack to drop the smack, to keep us on track if what we're sayin is whack?
    Drack hasn't had the ability to drop smack since the second decade of the Hundred Year War. Since then he sold his opium dens and went into the Spider farming business; much more lucrative for a man as involved with the creatures as he.
    My attempt to reciprocate is cut brutally short as my body experiences a sudden lack of electrons.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

a bit late to the party

if we do find a Gm I think IŽll make a stealthy bounty hunter, playtesting the homebrew in my sig. All both of them...
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Ah, yes, trolls, the monsters that are such wusses their primary means of reproduction is being eaten by other creatures.
    Quote Originally Posted by 5ColouredWalker View Post
    With all this talk of half dragon cohorts I may need to scrap riding a actual Dragon given how unoptimized it is.
    hey, order a gig here: https://www.fiverr.com/neriractor

I would really appreciate it.

homebrew:
    shadowdancer rework

human ranger substitution levels

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

Just a few questions towards the interest-posters we have gathered that will certainly help this along:

1)- What type of game do you prefer? A rapid response railroad plot, or a slower open world?

2)- Do you have any immediate plans that may be a problem during the game's first two months while it gathers momentum? (Marriage/Honeymoon/Divorce, Imprisonment, Family reunion, Childbirth, Moving to a new home, a Major project that will DEFINITELY end your gaming carrier for a month straight, etc)

3)- Are you a Dog/Cat person, a Snake/Bird person, or Morcleon/Snowbluff?

7. - Top - End - #67
    Bugbear in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

1) I prefer open world where we get a range of options and have the chance to create some of our own if none of those offered appeal

2) No plans at all

3? Cats, Snakes, Morcleon

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

1)- What type of game do you prefer? A rapid response railroad plot, or a slower open world?
    I'm open to either. Just happy to play.

2)- Do you have any immediate plans that may be a problem during the game's first two months while it gathers momentum? (Marriage/Honeymoon/Divorce, Imprisonment, Family reunion, Childbirth, Moving to a new home, a Major project that will DEFINITELY end your gaming carrier for a month straight, etc)
    Um... No. My random mutations take little time/attention from the rest of my life...

Dog
    Snake
    Both? At once!!

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Doxkid View Post
    Just a few questions towards the interest-posters we have gathered that will certainly help this along:

I can cheerfully work with either.
    Nope.
    I'm allergic to cats, dogs, and birds. I can get along with snakes, but would not invest in one as a pet. I've yet to meet either of those two in person that I'm aware of, so I can't comment. Note that my character is unlikely to have most of these deficiencies.
    Of course, by the time I finish this post, it will already be obsolete. C'est la vie.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

1) find with both of them, leaning a bit towards an open world, especially if we could skip the slow part.

2) none, just have another weeks of tests coming and this is unlikely to begin before they are done.

3) dog, bird, IŽll pass on that last one, seems like a trick question.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Ah, yes, trolls, the monsters that are such wusses their primary means of reproduction is being eaten by other creatures.
    Quote Originally Posted by 5ColouredWalker View Post
    With all this talk of half dragon cohorts I may need to scrap riding a actual Dragon given how unoptimized it is.
    hey, order a gig here: https://www.fiverr.com/neriractor

I would really appreciate it.

homebrew:
    shadowdancer rework

human ranger substitution levels

11. - Top - End - #71
    Firbolg in the Playground

1. I'm fine with either so long as the railroad isn't particularly strict.

2. Finals at the end of this semester may drop my posting rate, but I'll have enough time for breaks and such to still post. Other than that, Anime Midwest may take away my posting time for an entire weekend.

3. Cat, bird, Snowbluff.
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

1) An open world with some starting railroad to keep things on fast tracks.

2) A possible change of home, but not in the immediate future.

3) Cats, Birds, and Morcleon
    Does this poster have a sign?

13. - Top - End - #73

NecromancerGuy

Okay, going strictly by RAW I can use Ascetic Stalker to abuse gestalt, though it was recommended I get DM approval first, as I'm using two tier five classes here please may I? It gets me a Ki pool of (monk+ninja)/2 and the unarmed damage of a monk with (monk+ninja) level, that's all. That's either a level 13 total, or 16 if you count Tattooed Monk as counting as monk for this purpose, going by my current planned build of Fighter1/Monk 6(Cobra Style)/Tattoed Monk3(White Mask and Chrysanthemum)// Ninja 7/Rogue1/Assassin1/Fighter1.

Considering the heavy limits on what both main classes can do this would be a really nice trick to be able to pull.
    Last edited by ErebusVonMori; 2017-03-20 at 06:54 PM.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Barbarian in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Open world, no, cat/bird/snake/ what are those last two? OwO

15. - Top - End - #75
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mai View Post
    Me and another poster on these forums.
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

Nobody important, IMEAN some dear friends from these forums.

Why make it only gestalt, why not make it Quadstalt!?!?!
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

Mine started in a Dwarven church of Pelor, now with a moon!

Also, note to self, sacrificing KFC in a small apartment is not a good idea.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Ellowryn View Post
    I could accept this challenge, if pressed.

WhisperGnome
    Soulknife6/Soulbow 4//MagiteckTemplar10//Rogue10//Incarnate(Chaotic)10
    Shape Soulmeld: Kruthik Claws

Disgusting.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Troll in the Playground

While I tend to prefer railroads/games with a relatively easy path to follow, I'm open to open world stuff too.

No immediate plans.

I prefer electronic pets. Ones that don't make gigantic messes.

I'm actually looking to either play as a unicorn (if the DM is okay with me using it, as it doesn't have LA for players, only cohorts) or as a dragon (probably a Tome Dragon or a Pyroclastic Dragon). Class is less important, but for the unicorn it'd probably be a sorcerer, while the dragon would likely be a wizard (if tome) or warblade (if pyro).
    Behold! My tiny deviantart gallery!
    Comment, browse the itty-bitty collection, etc.
    Morning Star

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

*sneaks in*

*puts down interest*

*sneaks back out*
    Dark Red, the Voice of the Dragon

Extended Signature Link

Quote Originally Posted by Quiver View Post
    How much terrain does the forty foot long, flying, fire breathing lizard which may or may not have magic consider its domain?

As much as it god damn wants.

20. - Top - End - #80

WhiteWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Ellowryn View Post
    Nobody important, IMEAN some dear friends from these forums.

Another game is doing pentastalt, we should one up them and go hexastalt! :3

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Hex... Six tracks? Um... Ardent and... Um... Scout?

My head is beginning to hurt...

22. - Top - End - #82

1) I'm flexible on overall style, but want an at least somewhat goofy tone, where I can run a character with comical elements. See also: The idea that I'm considering running a Ferret Thrallherd. A Ferret. With an army of nigh-mindless minions. Alternatively, a Succubus who is kinda touchy-feely for one of the group, and more-or-less well-meaning otherwise.

2) I do act in a local event, but that will not lock me down for entire days except in June - even then I'll have evenings.

3) Can't keep pets IRL due to a variety of things, but for prefs let's say Cat, Bird, Morcleon.

23. - Top - End - #83

WhiteWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by LairdMaon View Post
    Hex... Six tracks? Um... Ardent and... Um... Scout?

My head is beginning to hurt...
    Druid 10 / cleric 10 / Sorceror 10 / monk 1 / lich LA 4 / Arcane Heirophant 10 / mystic The urge 10 / Rogue 5

Maybe if that'd work? XD not well optimized but I'm still a newbie. Not too great action economy though. But then again if you load up on swift/immediate spells it could be doable.? I could do better but I was trying to come up with one fast. If I had more knowledge of classes I'd probably get rid of one divine class. If I understand gestalt right the above char would have something like druid CL 20, cleric CL 20, Sorc CL 30, a fair bit of skill points from some rogue, and since Wis would be a high skill one level of monk boosts AC.
    Last edited by Mai; 2017-03-21 at 01:33 AM.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

Heck, maybe we can restart that crazy 8's game (8th level Octostalt) but at 10th level!

I actually really wanted to play in that game, and it almost got going twice, sigh....
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

Mine started in a Dwarven church of Pelor, now with a moon!

Also, note to self, sacrificing KFC in a small apartment is not a good idea.

25. - Top - End - #85

RogueGuy

good lord i just wanted a fun little gestalt game this is getting out of hand xD

Anything more than Tristalt, IMO, is too much.

26. - Top - End - #86

WhiteWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Fast View Post
    good lord i just wanted a fun little gestalt game this is getting out of hand xD

Anything more than Tristalt, IMO, is too much.
    :3 yeah, then again it is fun. I had to drop out of the lvl 100 pentistalt, it was just too much. I could have done it I suppose if it was only like, o.o 20-25 but 500 class levels is a bit much, but more than that they let too much homebrew in. It got so confusing I had to leave. Still it would be fun to try a gestalt/tristalt/maybe even quadstalt if the character level wasn't too absurd.

27. - Top - End - #87

NecromancerGuy

Level ten seems a fun point for gestalt, the really interesting stuff is just starting to unlock and the synergies stack.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

I'd like to vote gestalt or tristalt. More is too much for now, lol

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

Gestalt/Tristalt is fine by me can go higher, yea not touching that lvl 100 pentstalt, I find lower levels work better for -stalting.

1. Open world with many plot hooks to follow, giving our choices weight by having timed congruent events that can happen and NPC's that react to PC meddling (changing plans and so forth).

2. No immediate plans.(had plans but they died last week)

3. I don't own any pets so I don't have a preference. Snowbluff is my spirit animal though.

30. - Top - End - #90

All these people. Rip me playing.

Questions
    1. I like both action and intrigue
    2. Nope
    3. Cats, cats, cats. Seriously though, cats, birds and Morcleon (honestly I'm unfamiliar with Snowbluff.

Also, curious. How'd you come to a decision on a class Morcleon.

Yea, I'm gone if y'all tristalt.
    Last edited by YuweaCurtis; 2017-03-21 at 09:21 AM.
    ~Thanks to AsteriskAmp for the Illya Avatar!~