Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: James Bond Werewolf: Day 8

I baned you a lot.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

2. - Top - End - #722
    Barbarian in the Playground

Good game, all.

There's a hefty list of stuff that needed to happen for wolves to win without a huge string of day banes, but did:
    - No MI6 Agent seers/baners/vigs/other huge roles died early. Normally a big win for wolves, these events would be disastrous for them here, as they would be replaced by 6 backups all at once.
    - Felix Leiter revealed themselves soon enough to be speedily taken out. One of the few huge roles that can be safely killed. Also, allowing numbers to be answers would have caused you a lot of trouble if I or someone else with good information theory chops had that role. Numbers of unlimited size carry an unlimited amount of information. For example,
    "What is the sum of (the number of James Bonds) plus (the number of MI6 Agents times 100) plus (the number of Town roles that normally scry as Wolf times 10,000) plus..." Or, more bluntly, "What is the US-ASCII encoding of the the complete rules pre-role assignments?" (This is a number)
    - Vortexer survived. If they don't, Wolves can't kill anyone important and Town can just process of elimination them (like they did, but we got them to lynch literally every unknown townie first).
    Having powers as Miranda may not appear to have affected the outcome beyond getting an extra kill in this particular turn of events, but it hugely increased our win percentage towards the end of the game. For example, by attacking thematthew while he was protected I was able to ensure my survival on the last day. In any event, wolf day baners are silly and generally shouldn't be possible; having that power really did bring the balance more in line but not in a fun way. Also, you forgot to mention my extra victory for figuring out how to permabane myself pre-rules-correction.

Town needs fewer named, known-Good roles (mass claim was too good here), and the vanillagers need to not be backups for most of the key roles. Normally, wolves can deal with powerroles running around by just killing them; here we had to vortex dance them all.

We could have killed Chambers but by the time that wouldn't have increased the total number of seers, all the wolves we didn't want scried were dead. (Zar getting vortexed, and thematthew getting daybaned).

Also, role assignments should be random (whenever not player-selected), or else trying to outguess what Logic would choose becomes part of the game.
    Last edited by Saposhiente; 2017-05-18 at 01:26 AM.

Technical Admin of the Minecraft server. Whitelist is here; put your name there and post it in the thread.
    The overly long monstrosity that is my extended signature lies here.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Grue Bait View Post
    Good game, guys. Sapo, you are just too good for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    And by the way, your puzzle was one of the most interesting ones I've solved in a while. Kudos.

3. - Top - End - #723
    Ogre in the Playground

Overall I think it was a good game. One question: Who was I named after?
    Avatar made by Bradakhan| Other avatars.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.

4. - Top - End - #724
    Bugbear in the Playground

It seemed like a good game to me, for the brief time I was in it.

5. - Top - End - #725
    Orc in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

I thoroughly enjoyed this game, though I really am not sure how well balanced things were. It was incredibly interesting though, basically being afraid that town was going to catch onto something too quick for us to make it through.

All in all, good game.
    Internet access is consistent now, but I'm about 17 hours ahead of PST these days.

6. - Top - End - #726
    Bugbear in the Playground

Thanks for the game, Logic, it was great.

I have a feeling knowing all roles was a fairly big advantage for SPECTRE, but again, I don't have much experience with the game.

One thing that bears repeating is that fuzzysora/Felix Leiter was the one who asked exactly the right questions at exactly the right time for town to have a shot at a win.
    Avatar made by lankybugger - Thanks a lot!

7. - Top - End - #727
    Ghost in the Playground

Very cool game, Logic, and gratz to the Bond villains!

8. - Top - End - #728
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    I have a hard time judging if mechanically the game was balanced because a lot of stuff you wouldn't expect to occur happened. Though it should be noted that with the amount of banes, if town had lynched (or killed) the vortexer it would have been basically impossible for the wolves to win. I'd say that'd be something you need to work on in the next rendition of this (or something similar), but the entire way the game works makes it essentially impossible to use the same setup. Town not knowing the wolves had all that information was the wolves' strongest ability and in the future there's no way to prevent town from realizing the wolves have that information.
    The deputy/apprentice mechanic will be significantly reduced in a future variation of this setup. I am thinking of retaining the "Bond Girl/MI6 choice" but it will change how the roles are assigned. Sir Frederick Gray might make the actual list, while James Bond might not if that happens. It could be fun.

You are correct by saying that the vortexer was an essential role for SPECTRE, due to the amount of Banes. I will be significantly reducing the amount of bane powers in the future,
    Quote Originally Posted by Saposhiente View Post
    Good game, all.

There's a hefty list of stuff that needed to happen for wolves to win without a huge string of day banes, but did:
    - No MI6 Agent seers/baners/vigs/other huge roles died early. Normally a big win for wolves, these events would be disastrous for them here, as they would be replaced by 6 backups all at once.
    - Felix Leiter revealed themselves soon enough to be speedily taken out. One of the few huge roles that can be safely killed. Also, allowing numbers to be answers would have caused you a lot of trouble if I or someone else with good information theory chops had that role. Numbers of unlimited size carry an unlimited amount of information. For example,
    "What is the sum of (the number of James Bonds) plus (the number of MI6 Agents times 100) plus (the number of Town roles that normally scry as Wolf times 10,000) plus..." Or, more bluntly, "What is the US-ASCII encoding of the the complete rules pre-role assignments?" (This is a number)
    - Vortexer survived. If they don't, Wolves can't kill anyone important and Town can just process of elimination them (like they did, but we got them to lynch literally every unknown townie first).
    Having powers as Miranda may not appear to have affected the outcome beyond getting an extra kill in this particular turn of events, but it hugely increased our win percentage towards the end of the game. For example, by attacking thematthew while he was protected I was able to ensure my survival on the last day. In any event, wolf day baners are silly and generally shouldn't be possible; having that power really did bring the balance more in line but not in a fun way. Also, you forgot to mention my extra victory for figuring out how to permabane myself pre-rules-correction.

Town needs fewer named, known-Good roles (mass claim was too good here), and the vanillagers need to not be backups for most of the key roles. Normally, wolves can deal with powerroles running around by just killing them; here we had to vortex dance them all.

We could have killed Chambers but by the time that wouldn't have increased the total number of seers, all the wolves we didn't want scried were dead. (Zar getting vortexed, and thematthew getting daybaned).

Also, role assignments should be random (whenever not player-selected), or else trying to outguess what Logic would choose becomes part of the game.
    Sapo did indeed get a personal win by identifying a flaw in the rules that would have permitted a significant chance of an automatic wolf win. At the time, there were still multiple vigilantes running around that could have ended it (they would have needed to doubleteam), but Sapo did figure out a way to become perma-baned and lynchproof prior to a rules update.

Any numbers related question posed such as an ASCII related one would have been treated as an invalid question, as I would be unable to answer it, and was not about to bother looking for a way to convert such a thing. But you have a legitimate concern, so I'll drop that in future updates. If I was feeling snarky, any ASCII-like question could have been truthfully answered with "pi" as anything and everything are encoded within it's decimals.

M was not an MI6 agent, so he could have been killed at will. I had only M's Deputy as the role capable of assuming the full duties of a seer. The Timothy Dalton James Bond was the only seer that the vanilla MI6 Agents could gain. I guess I wasn't clear about that part. The intent was that only a player that was specifically noted as an MI6 Agent could have their powers gained by the vanilla agents (and only the Bonds and Bill Timothy started with any powers) That does mean that vanilla agents could take other vanilla agent's gained powers if they ended up with bad ones or missed an earlier opportunity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Duck999 View Post
    Overall I think it was a good game. One question: Who was I named after?
    I was running out of MI6 agents that were female, and Sam Johnston was a gender neutral name, so I just feminized it. And then I laughed as Ramsus claimed Sam Johnston, and it took several days for you guys to pounce on the either/or opportunity.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by bosssmiley View Post
    You altruistic weirdo you!
    Discord: Spacecamp-Logic-Yako
    Former Avatar by Ceika, which I have long since lost a copy of.

9. - Top - End - #729
    Titan in the Playground

Hogwarts WW Redux is now open for business!

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

10. - Top - End - #730
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfFighterGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Snerk View Post
    Very cool game, Logic, and gratz to the Bond villains!
    Indeed.

And thanks to everyone who participated for making it a fun game to play and follow.

11. - Top - End - #731
    Ogre in the Playground

And now the real-life Roger Moore has passed away.
    Hats off to 007.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by bosssmiley View Post
    You altruistic weirdo you!
    Discord: Spacecamp-Logic-Yako
    Former Avatar by Ceika, which I have long since lost a copy of.

12. - Top - End - #732
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post
    And now the real-life Roger Moore has passed away.
    Hats off to 007.
    _=
    _=_
    o_o

______=
    ______=_
    o_o_/