New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Druid Archetype: Nature's Warrior[PEACH]

I designed a druid archetype based on the old Geomancer Archetype, I think I did an okay job of converting over the drift mechanic. But the wording might be a little confusing.

The link to the homebrewery is here
    Last edited by Llama513; 2017-03-23 at 02:53 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: Druid Archetype: Circle of Geomancy [PEACH]

I would like to know what you think of the archetype.

Is it interesting, how is the balance?

3. - Top - End - #3

Tweaked drift so that you have the option of keeping your drift changes when you go into wild shape, you can have them meld into your body as if they were armor or weapons, also specified that you can hide your drift changes through the use of alter self

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Just taking a quick look at this... It's very complicated in terms of the number of options available and having to cross-reference them left and right. Plus a lot of them overlap with each other or things you might have while wildshaped. This all means that it's hard to assess the balance or really understand the archetype's role.

Overall I'd say that it'd be better to design this like the totem warrior, with a limited selection of options at each level and more unified themes. By which I mean 'this level makes you tankier' or 'this level helps you explore the wilderness'.

Nitpicks: I'm not aware of any trait named 'Scent', nor would I say 'natural armour bonus' was a thing. Either it's natural armour, or it's an AC bonus.

Also, I was disappointed that there is almost nothing in there that I'd associate with the term 'geomancy'. I appreciate that it's a remake of something old so the name isn't your fault, but still.
    Lydia Seaspray by Oneris!

Spoiler: Acclaim
    Show
    Winner of Spellbrew Contest I & Subclass Contest II
    Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    That is the perfect ending. Thread done, Ninja_Prawn won.
    Quote Originally Posted by KorvinStarmast View Post
    We love our ninja prawn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Gnoll View Post
    NinjaPrawn, you are my favourite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir cryosin View Post
    Ninja you're like the forum's fairy godmother.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThinkMinty View Post
    This is why you're the best, Ninja Prawn.

A Faerie Affair

Homebrew: Sig

5. - Top - End - #5

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Prawn View Post
    Just taking a quick look at this... It's very complicated in terms of the number of options available and having to cross-reference them left and right. Plus a lot of them overlap with each other or things you might have while wildshaped. This all means that it's hard to assess the balance or really understand the archetype's role.

Overall I'd say that it'd be better to design this like the totem warrior, with a limited selection of options at each level and more unified themes. By which I mean 'this level makes you tankier' or 'this level helps you explore the wilderness'.

Nitpicks: I'm not aware of any trait named 'Scent', nor would I say 'natural armour bonus' was a thing. Either it's natural armour, or it's an AC bonus.

Also, I was disappointed that there is almost nothing in there that I'd associate with the term 'geomancy'. I appreciate that it's a remake of something old so the name isn't your fault, but still.
    Thank you for pointing that out, I will take a look at fixing that, and after the change that I decided to go with, I think I am going to change the name to Nature's Warrior and take a look at that prestige class in conjunction with geomancer, as I think it will work better for what this archetype has become, and I think the name works better

6. - Top - End - #6

Default Re: Druid Archetype: Nature's Warrior[PEACH]

Drastic Change, turned the archetype into Nature's warrior, it is focused on boosting your martial ability while not in wild shape

7. - Top - End - #7

Default Re: Druid Archetype: Nature's Warrior[PEACH]

So with the new spells that have just been released I have realized that part of my archetype is no longer necessary, as such I will be removing the jaw growth portion of the nature's armament and replacing it with that you learn the primal savagery cantrip if you did not already know it