New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Default Help with where to go from here?

So I'm currently running an "Evil" Star Wars Saga edition campaign. The game is set in the Legacy Era and my players have just reached level 7, and have taken over a crime syndicate that I made up that's kind of its own faction. At this point, they're in control of the syndicate and I'm having trouble coming up with ideas for new challenges to throw at people, so I just wanted to hear any ideas or stories from anyone else's campaigns of particular missions or plotlines that you really enjoyed so I can repurpose them and make them my own or at least draw some inspiration from them. I appreciate all the help!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Pixie in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Default Re: Help with where to go from here?

heh. a crime syndicate huh? okay. create three other crime organizations, one must be the Hutts. create some bounty hunters. your now playing game of thrones in space. oh sure, the law (be it empire or republic) will have opinions, but you may be able to bribe some of them. now, make one of the other crime groups MUCH worse then the players. have one specialize in slavery, another focused in drugs. these guys control the majority of their markets, if you want to expand then you have to go to war.

focus the game on empire-building, have a traitor somewhere for them to 'make an example of' later, and in general let them dictate how bad they want to be. how far will they go for money and power?

3. - Top - End - #3
    Librarian in the Playground Moderator

Rival crime syndicates.

Unruly employees... maybe a smuggler dumped an expensive spice cargo before he got boarded?

Ambitious subordinates.
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    *Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
    *The One Deck Engine: Gaming on a budget
    Written by Me on DriveThru RPG
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Speaking as an interstellar crime lord myself, here's what I'd do.
    New upstarts take over a syndicate? Obviously I need to control their slice of the action. I dispatch my minions to recruit them to join me. Or die.
    Unless the syndicate they've taken over was the one run by my trusty lieutenant on my behalf - then I need to crush them utterly and take back control. Maybe I'd give them an offer they couldn't refuse - join me, or die.

Speaking as a Peacekeeper - I'd start watching them carefully. Try to get an undercover agent into their syndicate, monitor their activities. They're less experienced that the old bosses, so they might be sloppy and let something slip - then we can take them down, make arrests, send people to jail.

TL:DR - watch Breaking Bad and the Wire.