New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Trog's Tavern CCLII

*Upon entering the tavern you find it to be rustic, dim, cramped, and smelling of spilled beer. Moving through the crowd, half of which seem to be deadtiming, you spot a fireplace with a banjowood carving on the mantle, you also make out through the haze the curving bar and private booths hidden behind ferns. A side door leading to a patio outside reveals a hungry looking dumpster mimic sneaking towards an unsuspecting customer.

Near the stairs to the second floor rooms is a small white stone platform with a blue tree-like symbol on it. Standing on this platform will teleport someone to the Sanctuary Fortress located Inside where healers are always standing by in case of bar-brawls.

Trog's can be found right around the corner from any place in the Nexus. Somehow. It's best not to question it.

Staff:
    Owner and Proprietor: Trog
    Manager: El Jaspero
    Bartenders: The Watchers (they're nice deranged cultists, really!), Phoebe, Ashna, Ambrosia

Trog's Tavern hires only the finest NPC servers:
    ((Since all are NPCs they are up for communal control. Feel free to say what they do or say to you or any other patron. To a point.))

Bouncer: Baby (NPC, a dwarf who was raised by orcs and has the intellect of Thog.)

Servers:
    Nina - A fiesty and vivacious tiefling. Mean, self-centered and completely unavailable. You may have seen her recently on the WotC 4E cartoon.
    Paige - A sweet, wholesome, flirty elf working her way through PC school.
    Cosmo - A quick-witted and oppressed gnome scoundrel. Truly a monster. RAWR!

DRINK MENU:
    Wines:
    Catoblepas Sauvingnon
    Chimera Cabernet - A hearty red with a hits of oak and black cherry.
    Chuul Lounge - Bacardi Limon, Aberration , creme de bananes and juices into a Chuul shaker half-filled with ice cubes. Shake well. Strain into a highball glass half-filled with ice cubes, and serve.
    Constitution Crushing Wine - Fort. DC 35 or pass out!
    Cormyrian Fireamber - Imported and very good.
    Eladrin Carbernet - Official Feywine of the Wild Hunt.
    Feline's Fancy - A purplish, swirly mixture that any feline will adore.
    Funky Llama - A rich fruity wine, available in white or red.
    Iames Agonia - This tart, dark red wine will stun you and leave you feeling good for hours.
    Kobold Chianti - Tart. Tangy. Shifty.
    Merfolk Merlot - Full-bodied with a hint of rose.
    Powerlust Pinot - For those corruptable humans.
    Shadar-Kai Shadowine - Served in a jagged, broken glass.
    Spoonake Chablis - Straight from the Underdark!
    Warlock Wine - Best served cold.
    Xorn Zinfandel - Sweet and fruity!

Mixed Drinks:
    A Drink - Generic booze with ice that can be shaken, stirred, or you know, whatever. Try to be more imaginative next time.
    Aboleth Absinthe - Far Realmilicious!
    Black Shadow - A strong concoction guaranteed to send a chill down your spine at any temperature.
    Coffee Martini - Buzzzzz.
    Djinn and Tonic - Whirling ice cubes, fizzy soda, and one drunk genie.
    Dragon Liver Buster - Strongest drink in the house.
    Dwarf Spirits
    Fire Archon Asylum Rum - "FAAR!!!"
    Haley's Liquer - Named for the redheaded rogue, a sweet creme liquer, excellent over ice.
    Hemo Colada - 100% less coconut, 100% more ichor.
    Ice Liquer - From the Plane of Ice: guaranteed to cool you down.
    Ichor Liquor - Made from a fermented mix of various kinds of blood.
    Jasphattan - El J's Secret Recipie, vermouth & bitters.
    LEVEL UP LIQUER - Need a few extra XP? We gots XP in a bottle!
    Long Island Iced Tea - Tastes better than it will make you feel in the morning.
    Murderita - Wasted away again...
    Piña CoLlama - If you're not into yoga and have half a brain.
    Rampaging Rail Mixer - Mad strong!
    Rust Monster - Scotch, drambuie shaken in a wooden mixer.
    Sneak on the Beach - Peach vodka, cran-pineapple juice, a cat hair.
    Swampwater - Phosphorescent lemon-lime.
    White Russian Wukei - For bounty hunters who dig dairy.
    Wizard Blizzard - Crushed ice and Bourbon. The effect depends on the spell stored in it.

Beers & Such:
    Ales - Archon, Guilders, Balthor's Best.
    Grim Brewery Ginger Beer - Death-o-licious!
    Mind Flayer Mead - Mmm... brains.

Other Fine Beverages:
    Celestial Soda Pop - Soda specially brewed in Celestia. Tastes divine.
    Darknight Coffee - Cream has no effect.
    Dragon's Fire Breath (Cherry Kool-Aid) - For the kids!
    Fox Cola - The choice of the furry generation.
    Llamonade - That cool, refreshing drink for quadrupeds.
    Oni Tea - From the far east.
    Red Minotaur Energy Drink - a-MAZE-ing energy!
    Root Beer
    Save vs. Slow Slurpees™ - C-c-c-cold...
    Hot Chocolate - Mmmmmmarshmallows.

MUNCHIES MENU:
    AbyssalNuts - Damned and spicy.
    Baked Goods - Scones and Muffins and Brownies oh my! We have no cake - the cake is a lie!
    Bamhacon - Where the ham meets the bacon. Served with eggs.
    Court of Stars Salad - Fresh fey greens.
    Hero Sandwiches - What else? Served with Villain vinegrette.
    Velvet Elfish - Trogtilla chips and hot meat and cheese dip.
    Yuan-ti Gyros - Lamb. Or halfling. We're not sure.
    Trog's Floor Chili - Don't ask Trog where it came from and Trog won't tell you, "the floor".

SMOKABLES:
    Dwarven Cigars - From our axe-hewn humidor.
    Coffin Nail™ Cigarettes - Get Nailed!
    Halfling Pipeweed - Bogart™ brand.

When this thread reaches page 50, anyone can make the next thread. However, if you want to make changes to the OP, please check in the OOC thread first to make sure everyone agrees.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2018-05-02 at 09:33 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Trog's Tavern CCLII

[Drinking All The Drinks]

Cass slowed down pretty heavily after a certain point - that still means she's still currently feeling positively euphoric - most of her face is covered in a darker grey flush, and she looks about ready to bounce off her seat at any moment.

"Oh? Have you done anything terribly embarrassing, then? Something your family would not approve of?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Discussing Things Whilst Some Party Members Become Besotted and Others Eat Sammiches

A couple of hours have passed for the five newly met acquaintances. Simone has asked many questions of Mr C about the Library of Alexandria, but also contributed to the adventuring discussion by telling a few stories of her adventures back on her homeworld. She waved at Nina, the barmaid, to keep the food and drinks coming, and as Nina also knows her to be a generous tipper, this is attended to without any undue delay.

There is one episode where a traeki, a 7 foot tall being made of fatty rings stacked atop one another, tries to preach to them about how they should be pursuing the Path of Redemption - burning their books and preparing their minds for reverting to an earlier, pre-sentient life. Simone argues with it briefly, till she realizes what it's actual motivation is, and then she's so horrified she flings a bowl of fries at it. The traeki tries other tables without much better success, though it does have a very long intense discussion with a self-aware instance of the colour blue who merely enjoys the way the traeki smells.

Another conflict is averted when a drunken Judoon is thrown into their table, and nearly starts a fight with them all. Quick talking by Ambrosia, and they discover that the problem is the Judoon's party is disagreeing on a game of darts, on which they have all bet a lot of money. Ambrosia and Mr C1 agree to act as neutral judges for the darts game, and this settles down the fight.

But now, the bar is fairly quiet. The preaching traeki has left, and the darts players have gone. Fayaad, Cass, Ambrosia, Simone, and Mr C1, are still eating (or nibbling), drinking (or sipping), and talking (or listening).

1If Mr C's player is okay with this! I don't want to godmod without permission. 🙂
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Fayyaad has been hitting the drinks fairly steadily throughout the evening, and he's more than a little buzzed by now.

"The best part of living here is no one knows my family, so I won't be dressed down for any of it," he comments.

Discussing Things Whilst Some Party Members Become Besotted and Others Eat Sammiches

Mr. C is quiet accurate when Simone asks her questions. He is even able to state the exact possision of bookshelf including books Simone would look for. Quiet some knowledge he got there.

The others may notice that Mr.C barly had one drink during the whole evening. On the other hand he did ate more food then his own mass.

Wheen the Dart game comes up, something strange happens Mr.C explains as funny moments. Out of nowhere he got a microphone, wears a suit and every time he shouts the numbers it sounds much deeper. (Like that guy who makes it in the world cup.)

"You can be lucky to have some after all." Mr.C replies to Fayyaad. "Some don't got anything like that."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Cass and Fayyaad are Drunk

Spoiler: Previously, on Drinking With The Stars...
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post

A couple of hours have passed for the five newly met acquaintances. Simone has asked many questions of Mr C about the Library of Alexandria, but also contributed to the adventuring discussion by telling a few stories of her adventures back on her homeworld. She waved at Nina, the barmaid, to keep the food and drinks coming, and as Nina also knows her to be a generous tipper, this is attended to without any undue delay.

There is one episode where a traeki, a 7 foot tall being made of fatty rings stacked atop one another, tries to preach to them about how they should be pursuing the Path of Redemption - burning their books and preparing their minds for reverting to an earlier, pre-sentient life. Simone argues with it briefly, till she realizes what it's actual motivation is, and then she's so horrified she flings a bowl of fries at it. The traeki tries other tables without much better success, though it does have a very long intense discussion with a self-aware instance of the colour blue who merely enjoys the way the traeki smells.

Another conflict is averted when a drunken Judoon is thrown into their table, and nearly starts a fight with them all. Quick talking by Ambrosia, and they discover that the problem is the Judoon's party is disagreeing on a game of darts, on which they have all bet a lot of money. Ambrosia and Mr C1 agree to act as neutral judges for the darts game, and this settles down the fight.

But now, the bar is fairly quiet. The preaching traeki has left, and the darts players have gone. Fayaad, Cass, Ambrosia, Simone, and Mr C1, are still eating (or nibbling), drinking (or sipping), and talking (or listening).

1If Mr C's player is okay with this! I don't want to godmod without permission. 🙂
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Fayyaad has been hitting the drinks fairly steadily throughout the evening, and he's more than a little buzzed by now.

"The best part of living here is no one knows my family, so I won't be dressed down for any of it," he comments.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashen Lilies View Post

Cass slowed down pretty heavily after a certain point - that still means she's still currently feeling positively euphoric - most of her face is covered in a darker grey flush, and she looks about ready to bounce off her seat at any moment.

"Oh? Have you done anything terribly embarrassing, then? Something your family would not approve of?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

Mr. C is quiet accurate when Simone asks her questions. He is even able to state the exact possision of bookshelf including books Simone would look for. Quiet some knowledge he got there.

The others may notice that Mr.C barly had one drink during the whole evening. On the other hand he did ate more food then his own mass.

Wheen the Dart game comes up, something strange happens Mr.C explains as funny moments. Out of nowhere he got a microphone, wears a suit and every time he shouts the numbers it sounds much deeper. (Like that guy who makes it in the world cup.)

"You can be lucky to have some after all." Mr.C replies to Fayyaad. "Some don't got anything like that."

At Mr C's words, Simone's hand goes unconsciously to her heart, touching the double braid of hair through the hidden pocket in her shalwar kameez. Two locks of hair, from Mamma, who died when she was a child; and the man she looked up to as a father, who died several years ago. Then she looks at Ambrosia, her foster-sister, who is her only family left. Unless she consider Helios. Not a father to her, like he is to Ambrosia, but family? Perhaps.

Bah. I never cared if he disapprove of me! And Mamma never disapproved at all! She just doesn't understand this sort of complex inter-dependency between family members.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

[Cass and Fayyaad are Drunk]

"My family is large, and extensive," Fayyaad says. Then Cassandra asks a question. He wouldn't answer it, were he less drunk. "There was that time... a foreign knight was being very disrespectful towards one of my countrymen... who also happened to be a very handsome young fellow. I challenged the knight, but unfortunately, her skill proved to far outstrip my pyromancy." He takes a long gulp of his drink. "So, as she was bearing down on me with a very large sword... some have described it as 'desperately slinging fire around', but I find it insulting and uncharitable," he claims. "But the flames did get out of my control, and spread onto a nearby building." He waves his hand dramatically. "And, as it happened, there was a geese pen near that building. Yes, the geese did get out. And... well, you know geese," he rambles on. "The duel was technically undecided, because everyone had to deal with the fire, and the geese. But the explanation that I technically did not lose wasn't enough for my father."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

6. - Top - End - #6

Ambrosia stopped after one glass, she did not have pleasant memories of her last binge. It had only happened once, but it was not something she wished to repeat. She should never have let that 'philosopher' convince her to try that.
    She giggles at Fayyaad's story. "I heard the expression that geese share a dragons temper, so I know what you mean. Don't tell the geese that I compared them to dragons though, that will only go to their heads."

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

Drinking All the Drinks

"That can't be true! You are better-natured than a goose!" Simone protests.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Cass joins Ambrosia in giggling and being very amused by the story. "I'm not terribly familiar with the temperaments of geese or dragons, so I can't really comment on the veracity of your claim."

9. - Top - End - #9

[Drinking All The Drinks and get Drunk]

"I know what it measn to deal with geese." he is after all very small and it happened several times that animals mix him up with their favorit food.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

"Dragons can be reasoned with," Fayyaad asserts. He's a bit too buzzed to notice Simone's implication that Ambrosia is a dragon. "Sometimes. Geese can't. They just... break people's arms with those beaks." He sways a little and takes a drink. "Not that I've ever met a dragon. People here talk about them like they're normal, so maybe it's a matter of time. Have you had dragon adventures?"
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

11. - Top - End - #11

Drinking All the Drinks

Ambrosia continues to giggle. "You could say that, its my specialty after all. I'm a dragon scholar, I research them." She clarifies. "People commonly associate them with fire, and therefore assume their tempers to be similar, like the one of a geese. Though a I can tell you that a lot of dragons would find that comparison insulting, very proud creatures, dragons. So if you want any advice in dealing with them, try not to insult them, things can go bad very quickly."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2017-03-27 at 02:42 PM.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

Drinking all the Drinks

"There was a man who used to live in Nexus... he had flock of geese that breathed beams of articulate light. Those geese were fearsome guardians!" Simone says. "I wonder if they run wild now that he is gone."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

[Drinking all the Drinks]

Cassandra gives Ambrosia a flat look.

"You're a dragon... scholar. That means a scholar who researches dragons, I understand." :T

"I've met a few dragons, but I've never had a chance to have a conversation with one until just recently." She says. Very, very recently.

"...wild laser geese. The thought terrifies." Cassandra takes a drink.
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2017-03-27 at 03:06 PM.

14. - Top - End - #14

"I wonder if those laser geese still guard anything." Mr. C says. ""At least it souns like the typical adventure. 'Someone disapeared and just left his building with some kind of dangerouse guards.' Don't you think?"

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

Drinking all the Drinks

Simone looks intrigued. "It would be quite an adventure... to try and gather up the wild geese and tame them again. But then would you really be brave enough to do it? What would you want the geese for?"

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

"If I ever find myself conversing with a dragon, insulting them will be the last thing on my mind," Fayyaad assures. "It's good to know how to avoid doing it on accident, though."

He ponders the question Simone posed.

"I would not back down from such a challenge. But... geese that fire deadly beams of light? Can we be trusted to hold such power responsibly?"

17. - Top - End - #17

Drinking all the Drinks

Ambrosia just smiles in response to Cassandra's evaluation. "That about covers it, yes."
    At Fayyaad's comment, she raise her armored finger however. "Ah! But dragons might not always be as obvious as they might seem. They are powerful beings, and some of them can even disguise themselves if they so desire. Sometimes simply to allow themselves to visit places where giant dragons doesn't quite fit in. So you might still have to be careful." She argues.

Now, Simone's new subject is quite odd. "'Light breathing geese'? Are you sure they aren't some form of smaller dragon? I have never heard of simple birds being able to do that, and geese are actually similarly shaped to some types of dragons. Sounds like some kind of chimera."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2017-03-28 at 01:24 PM.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

Geese!

"I only hear stories of the geese," Simone concedes. "I never see them. Maybe they small dragons. Only one way to be sure."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

19. - Top - End - #19

Drinking all the Geese

"You really want to search them?" Mr.C asks. "It's not like I would do that, but i wonder what they guard."

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

Cassandra begins to look uncomfortable as the discussion seems to drift towards looting the MagCave. Were these guys for real? Did they not-
    "There are better corpses to pick at than the cyborg's," she declares harshly. Why did the spectres of her old life always have to encroach on her like this, when she was least prepared? Infuriating. She struggles to not let the tears show, that had come unbidden to the corners of her eyes.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

Fayyaad peers at Cassandra. He has no idea why she seems upset by the topic. And who's this "cyborg" she speaks of? Even though the blurry haze of alcohol, though, he recognizes the need for a topic change.

"Well, this is the Nexus. Should be plenty of places to go on an adventure in. Has anyone heard of such?"

His eyes then focus on Cassandra once more.

"Wait... you said you spoke to a dragon recently. When was it?"

22. - Top - End - #22

"I have come in contact with strange creatures living in the sewers of inside. Two of the adventurers I traveled with before descended down there and were attacked by them. So if it's danger that you're looking for, that's where I'd go. However, if it is money you're after, I came a cross a poster that had bounties on beasts of the hunting grounds. Ever heard of it? I hear there are a great deal of wild dragons living there like animals and that there is a great spirit that rewards you for killing the beasts that live within it. Might be something to look for." There was so much to study, was there dragon geese? Was there wild animalistic dragons? These questions both needed answers.

23. - Top - End - #23

"Oh, I could only be of help if you want to invastigate something." Mr.C replies. "I got some way to defend myself, but my true strength is the numberless amount of language I know. (As long as they have been writen down by someone)"

24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

Drinking All the Drinks

"Leave me out of Hunting Grounds expedition," Simone says, shaking her head. "I travelled with two women who were servants of hunting god. They try to teach me, but killing animals is icky. I have to be hungry to do that again."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

An elf teleports in from somewhere else. He is wearing a blue hooded robe, carrying a brown staff in his left hand, and a very thick book in his right. On his belt, there are multiple wands in one sheath and a writing kit. Over his shoulder are two small pouches. Also on his back are two other staves. As for his appearance, he looks like he's aged, even for an elf, and on his hands are covered in runed gloves. The elf looks around and then says to whoever cares to listen "Is there anyone in need of a wizard? I will work for anyone if I am promised magic items for my work."
    Last edited by 8BitNinja; 2017-03-31 at 05:34 PM.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

"I... excuse me," says Cassandra, pushing her stool away from the bar and standing up. "I need some air."

She stumbles towards the exit.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground

Drinks >> Outside

Simone looks after Cass with concern, and after a moment, drops out of the conversation to slip out of the bar and follow her. She looks around outside to see where she might have gone.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

"The Hunting Grounds sound good, but count me out of sewer expeditions," Fayyaad declares. Then Cassandra leaves. Fayyaad looks back after her worriedly, but since Simone is already following, he doesn't get up. No use crowding her, if she's distraught. "Did any of us say something wrong?"

29. - Top - End - #29

Ambrosia looks after Cassandra as she leaves. "I'm not sure, admittedly I might have been a bit too caught up with my own subject to see what distraught her." She tells Fayyaad, before she considers for a moment. "Was it something about this cyborg, perhaps? They might have a history."

30. - Top - End - #30

Mr C looks after the two as they head out of the tavern.
    "I'm not sure." He replies to the other people. "Maybe it it about the cyborg, but she appeared a bit off when we talked about dragons and all. Good thing I didn't mention the amulett that grants me a half dragon body."