New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1491
  1. - Top - End - #1111
    Bugbear in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Default Re: Trog's Tavern CCLII

A curious look toward the assassin's weapon brings an interesting idea to Armonia's mind. Swinging his longsword down, he intentionally pulls back a little bit to allow an easy parry, but still strong enough to do some damage if something isn't done. With his other hand, he reaches into his wallet and pulls out a coin, clenching it in his fist to use at just the right time.

2. - Top - End - #1112
    Troll in the Playground

The attacker effortlessly parries the blow. Suddenly, batlike wings erupt from his back, and he flies up out of reach, just as Tethrik tries to pounce on him. "Bless! spits Tethrik, using it as a curse word.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

3. - Top - End - #1113

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    When Fade charges at him, Wenomir waits for the right moment and leaps into the air, somersaulting above Fade and landing behind him, then turning around with a snap and aiming a series of quick attacks at his back.
    The first attack hits him , but the next attack is paried by Fades blade. For some reason he knews how Wenomir strikes and holds his blade to block it. This will happen also the rest of the attack series, just like he can see it. When Wenomir is stops for a moment , whatever the reason is, Fade will turn around to face the swordsman again. Wenomir migth notice that Fade is missing his shadow or maybe he got no time to think about that. Fade charges again at him. He attemps to swing his sword again, but he prepares to push his sword down. Should wenomir jump over him again, then he will just strike into the ground and hit his shadow.

While Fade charges, his shadow tries to animate slowly right behind him so it Wenomir jumps back he will end up in the shadow.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

4. - Top - End - #1114
    Titan in the Playground

When Fade is hit, the sword will pass through him, but weaken him and numb him where it struck. Wenomir certainly notices that his shadow is missing, since he's extremely aware of his surroundings in battle, and he knows Fade uses shadows. When Fade moves forward, Wenomir dodges sideways, keeping himself to his opponent's side and aiming a quick, vicious thrust under Fade's armpit.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

5. - Top - End - #1115

BarbarianGuy

Muttering to himself, Armonia throws the gold coin into the air directly in front of the winged assassin, his bright white gaze focused on it.

(My Lord and Creator Chaos, let your madness grant me to chance to take this son of a bitch down. Give me the opportunity to spread your glorious message to this fool's allies. Maybe? Please? I would really appreciate it)

Armonia takes a readied stance, waiting for the hopeful opportunity to do something

6. - Top - End - #1116
    Troll in the Playground

The coin explodes into a burst of silvery moonlight. As it strikes the fleeing assassin, his appearance suddenly starts to change. His body becomes more muscular. Horns sprout from his head, and his skin turns a shade of dark red. The scimitar changes too, becoming a sniper rifle plated in gold, with moonstones set on the barrel and glowing purple lenses in the scope.
    Tethrik doesn't look surprised. "Run away, devil, like the coward you are."

My Nexus characters

7. - Top - End - #1117

BarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by bc56 View Post
    The coin explodes into a burst of silvery moonlight. As it strikes the fleeing assassin, his appearance suddenly starts to change. His body becomes more muscular. Horns sprout from his head, and his skin turns a shade of dark red. The scimitar changes too, becoming a sniper rifle plated in gold, with moonstones set on the barrel and glowing purple lenses in the scope.
    Tethrik doesn't look surprised. "Run away, devil, like the coward you are."
    "Oh no you don't!" Armonia exclaims, taking action as soon as the gold coin began to explode. Believing the devil is at the very least distracted, Armonia runs towards the wall nearest to the devil. As he pulls out his dagger in his off hand, he leaps against the wall and uses it to launch himself up to the same height as the beast. Swinging himself, Armonia slashes twice at the devil, the first attack, his longsword towards the devil's head, the second and his greater priority, his knife toward the hand the devil holds his golden and bedazzled weapon.

Should the first attack hit, the devil will hopefully find himself missing a horn.

Should the second attack hit, at worst the devil loses his grip on his weapon, making it clatter to the floor. At best, the devil loses his hand.

Should the devil not have been distracted at all by the moonlight, then most likely, Armonia is about to have his ass handed to him

8. - Top - End - #1118
    Troll in the Playground

The devil was evidently completely unfazed. He ducks under the first swing, then attempts to snatch Armonia's dagger hand out of the air. "Nice try, kid. You're a powerful chaos mage, but nobody bests Iuvenus. Consider yourself lucky that I don't want to waste my extremely valuable time fighting you. Tethrik, don't think this is over. I'll be back to get you soon. You'd better sleep with both eyes open, 'cuz your old bosses are paying me handsomely to hand them your head on a platter." Iuvenus drops Armonia and flies away.
    Last edited by bc56; 2018-03-23 at 04:00 PM.

My Nexus characters

9. - Top - End - #1119

BarbarianGuy

The devil was evidently completely unfazed. He ducks under the first swing, then attempts to snatch Armonia's dagger hand out of the air. "Nice try, kid. You're a powerful chaos mage, but nobody bests Iuvenus. Consider yourself lucky that I don't want to waste my extremely valuable time fighting you. Tethrik, don't think this is over. I'll be back to get you soon. You'd better sleep with both eyes open, 'cuz your old bosses are paying me handsomely to hand them your head on a platter." Iuvenus drops Armonia and flies away.
    With his dagger stolen, Armonia drops to the ground hard, but not before getting one last burning stare on Iuvenus's left wing. Though he knew in his heart it would do no good. He lost his opportunity, it was unlikely he would be given another one today. Battered and beaten, Armonia lays unmoving on the ground.

"Tethrik...." Armonia croaks weakly but firmly. He remains unmoving, hoping Tethrik will come to him
    Last edited by ChaoticHarmony; 2018-03-23 at 04:10 PM.

10. - Top - End - #1120
    Troll in the Playground

Iuvenus didn't steal the dagger, he grabbed Armonia by the hand.

Tethrik walks over to Armonia. "Easy now. You'll live, and so will I. We got off lucky there, I underestimated how badly I'm wanted. They wouldn't send the deadliest bounty hunter in either side of Hades for anything less than the most valuable targets." He turns to a waitress. "Do you carry healing potions? Get me two, on the double!"
    In the distance, Iuvenus' wing bursts into black flame for a second. He drops like a stone behind a building, but can be seen a moment later rising above it again.
    Last edited by bc56; 2018-03-23 at 04:44 PM.

My Nexus characters

11. - Top - End - #1121

BarbarianGuy

Iuvenus didn't steal the dagger, he grabbed Armonia by the hand.

Tethrik walks over to Armonia. "Easy now. You'll live, and so will I. We got off lucky there, I underestimated how badly I'm wanted. They wouldn't send the deadliest bounty hunter in either side of Hades for anything less than the most valuable targets." He turns to a waitress. "Do you carry healing potions? Get me two, on the double!"
    In the distance, Iuvenus' wing bursts into black flame for a second. He drops like a stone behind a building, but can be seen a moment later rising above it again.
    Pushing off against his back, Armonia jumps back onto his feet and brushes the dirt and blood from his minor scrapes off. "You totally just ruined the prank I was about to pull on you." Grinning widely, Armonia notices something glimmering in the light a few feet away.

"HEY! Lucky me, I thought that rat bastard stole this" Armonia exclaims, walking over and pulling his dagger out of some wreckage.

Turning back to Tethrik, Armonia's face drops all humor. "We need to talk Tethrik." If Tethrik looks closely, he will notice all light and joy have vanished from Armonia's eyes, as they almost speak of the endless void of nothingness.
    Last edited by ChaoticHarmony; 2018-03-23 at 04:59 PM.

12. - Top - End - #1122
    Troll in the Playground

"Yes." Tethrik's eyes reveal that he views this situation just as serious as Armonia does.

My Nexus characters

13. - Top - End - #1123

BarbarianGuy

The waitress returns with two steins filled with a bright red, slightly foamy liquid. Armonia hand her 5 gold coins, strangely going into his wallet for each one individually, the hurriedly grabs the potions.

"Keep the change." Armonia says gruffly. Handing the mugs to Tethrik, Armonia says swiftly, " Alright, drink up, you need it more than me right now. We need a spot that is a bit more secure than here, and seeing as I'm still new to the Nexus, you're our best bet of finding that place. So where should we go?"

14. - Top - End - #1124

When Fade is hit, the sword will pass through him, but weaken him and numb him where it struck. Wenomir certainly notices that his shadow is missing, since he's extremely aware of his surroundings in battle, and he knows Fade uses shadows. When Fade moves forward, Wenomir dodges sideways, keeping himself to his opponent's side and aiming a quick, vicious thrust under Fade's armpit.
    Well fade was prepared that Wenomir won't just stand there. He turns with him and when Wenomir tries to Thrust in Fade just strikes at his enemies weapon to push it downwards. The shadow stops his animation when Wenomir dodges and tries to get behind him again.

15. - Top - End - #1125
    Troll in the Playground

Tethrik frowns. "Unfortunately, I've only been here less than a week. Let's see... There's a library a short walk away, I think. We could go there. Tethrik pulls a map out of his belt pouch and consults it.

My Nexus characters

16. - Top - End - #1126

BarbarianGuy

Tethrik frowns. "Unfortunately, I've only been here less than a week. Let's see... There's a library a short walk away, I think. We could go there. Tethrik pulls a map out of his belt pouch and consults it.
    "Barely off the boat yourself so to speak huh?" Despite the gravity of the situation, Armonia can't help but smirk at this. "Well that's a fun added element. Quick question, your ex bosses that wingnut said hired him, they after that weird black thing? Or is that totally separate?" A slight glint returns to Armonia's eye, as another crazy idea comes to his head, depending on what Tethrik says.

17. - Top - End - #1127
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Well fade was prepared that Wenomir won't just stand there. He turns with him and when Wenomir tries to Thrust in Fade just strikes at his enemies weapon to push it downwards. The shadow stops his animation when Wenomir dodges and tries to get behind him again.
    Wenomir lets his sword be pushed downwards, only to get it back from under Fade's weapon in a sudden movement, snapping it in a quick circle to jab at Fade's elbow, hopefully before he can react. Regardless of the result, he keeps moving sideways, circling around Fade and trying to make sure the shadow can't get behind him.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

18. - Top - End - #1128
    Troll in the Playground

"They're after the puzzle box. I alone would not be such an important target without it. Come, we cannot discuss it here, it's too exposed." Tethrik intends to lead the way away from the tavern to a nearby library, trying to not look like a tourist while consulting the map.

Since the plot is leaving the tavern, once you're ready to move on, just follow the link to the next area once you're done. I'll still have Tethrik reply to anything that Armonia does here, until Armonia abandons him or enters the library.

Here's a link to just my post entering the library, in case it gets buried before you get there.
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/shows...&postcount=108

My Nexus characters

19. - Top - End - #1129

BarbarianGuy

"They're after the puzzle box. I alone would not be such an important target without it. Come, we cannot discuss it here, it's too exposed." Tethrik intends to lead the way away from the tavern to a nearby library, trying to not look like a tourist while consulting the map.
    [/I]
    "Well then, we must just have to try something later...." Armonia muses as he jogs to keep up with Tethrik, taking the mugs of healing potion with us.

20. - Top - End - #1130
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

(Sorry about the wait.)

J, still kind of dazed about her discovery, looks around for a while and then suddenly says:

"We need to do a second test. It could have just been chance. Does anyone else have a place to go?"
    The Greatest Threads Of GiantITP (in my opinion):
    A story of the exact wrong way to run a campaign.
    The best thread derailment of all time.
    The "canonical" list of Mostly Useless Magic Items.
    A ridiculous campaign.
    Weird dreams.

Working on a laptop connected to the Internet is like writing on a typewriter welded to a circus. -Unknown

My Nexus character

21. - Top - End - #1131

Wenomir lets his sword be pushed downwards, only to get it back from under Fade's weapon in a sudden movement, snapping it in a quick circle to jab at Fade's elbow, hopefully before he can react. Regardless of the result, he keeps moving sideways, circling around Fade and trying to make sure the shadow can't get behind him.
    Fade seems to be a bit faster now and dashes back so Wenomir's Attack will hit nothing. That retreat keeps hijm from attacking himself, but he prepares to be attacked again. The shadow also seems to increased in speed for that moment, still trying to get behind wenomir. Or maybe luuring him against a wall.

22. - Top - End - #1132
    Titan in the Playground

Wenomir glances back towards Fade's shadow... and suddenly turns back and charges it instead. He gets close to the shadow in a flash, almost as if he'd teleported. He aims a series of slashes, covering the shadow in them like a silver cage. The Answer might be able to strike it despite its intangibility, as it's an artifact weapon capable of getting past any defence.

23. - Top - End - #1133
    Troll in the Playground

[Open Scene]

Steve walks into the tavern and sits down at the table he now considers his usual seat. After ordering an ale, he sits down after taking off his helmet and says to himself "Strange, it feels weird now having only myself to talk to."

((I will link my character sheet to anyone who would like to see it))
    I'm a Lawful Good Human Paladin
    Justice and honor are a heavy burden for the righteous. We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave
    — The Acts of Iomedae, Pathfinder
    Quote Originally Posted by Quibbilcious View Post
    I lost my artistic license after getting stuck in a poetry jam.

24. - Top - End - #1134
    Troll in the Playground

Steve may have said that a bit too loudly, because the young man at the table next to him turns to face him. "That's too bad. Maybe you could talk to me. I'm David, you can call me Dave." David is wearing a green tunic and brown pants. He has a sword and shield strapped to his back, and a shotgun which looks brand new at his side. His brown hair is uncombed and rather messy.

My Nexus characters

25. - Top - End - #1135
    Troll in the Playground

Steve may have said that a bit too loudly, because the young man at the table next to him turns to face him. "That's too bad. Maybe you could talk to me. I'm David, you can call me Dave." David is wearing a green tunic and brown pants. He has a sword and shield strapped to his back, and a shotgun which looks brand new at his side. His brown hair is uncombed and rather messy.
    Steve turns around and smiles at the newcomer "Hello Dave. I am Sir Steven Lightblade the Pure, but just call me Steve." He extends a gauntlet clad hand to offer a handshake. "So what's your story? How did you end up in a tavern that may or may not be a pocket dimension with every imaginable and unimaginable creature inhabiting it?"
    Justice and honor are a heavy burden for the righteous. We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave

26. - Top - End - #1136
    Troll in the Playground

"I've lived in ths Nexus my whole life, only in such a remote location I didn't know it. My hometown was destroyed by, well, something, I'm not sure what, so I left and found my way here. What about you?" Dave asks Steve.
    Last edited by bc56; 2018-03-27 at 04:28 AM.

My Nexus characters

27. - Top - End - #1137

Wenomir glances back towards Fade's shadow... and suddenly turns back and charges it instead. He gets close to the shadow in a flash, almost as if he'd teleported. He aims a series of slashes, covering the shadow in them like a silver cage. The Answer might be able to strike it despite its intangibility, as it's an artifact weapon capable of getting past any defence.
    ((Sorry for the delay. I kind of struggle if things I do make my char to powerful or to weak. I have to think about his options and what he would do in such a situation. For example can the shadow be hit or not in this state.))

Wenomir might run in some kind of Deja Vu. As he starts his series of attacks his weapon hits another blade. From the shadow an arm has animated holding the same sword as Fade got and blocks the attacks the same way. Slowly the shadow animes, looking like Fade just all in shadow grey.

The real Fade is still there and now behind Wenomir. He rushes forward to strike with his weapon, aiming for his shadow again. Should Wenomir again try to jump over him, Fade Will attack the passing shadow.

28. - Top - End - #1138
    Titan in the Playground

((It's fine. Wenomir's extremely fast and skilled, so go ahead and have Fade use his powers.))

Instead of jumping, Wenomir ducks and rolls to the side, getting out from between Fade and his shadow. He's paying attention to his shadow's placement now, and making sure Fade can't hit it. As he gets up, he slashes at Fade's armpit again, hoping it will be exposed during his attack.

29. - Top - End - #1139
    Troll in the Playground

"I've lived in ths Nexus my whole life, only in such a remote location I didn't know it. My hometown was destroyed by, well, something, I'm not sure what, so I left and found my way here. What about you?" Dave asks Steve.
    Steve says "I ended up here through a long series of events. I'm a paladin of The Benevolent One, and I had been adventuring for a while before I ended up here after passing through a rift in the planes. Then I met this scholar named Ambrosia and later this ranger named Luvon, and we had quite a few adventures in the Nexus. Now I'm just waiting until someone needs help with something."

30. - Top - End - #1140
    Troll in the Playground

"That's an interesting coincidence," Dave replies, "I happen to need help with something. You see, when I said my village was destroyed, that was about a week ago. I'd really like to go back there and give whoever it is that killed my family and friends a piece of my mind."

My Nexus characters