New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Trog's Tavern CCLII

[Upstairs]

Fayyaad lets her undo the buttons, as he reaches up and tries to pull her into his lap and remove her own shirt. The curtain is probably waiting to fall on the whole thing.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

2. - Top - End - #722
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Celticbear View Post
    I'm a freelance guardian spirit. Just say the word and I can act as a scrying block, encase your fortress or other location in a never ending hurricane with which the owner and minions can move through freely, and can take care of those pesky home invaders with utmost ease, rattles off Joe Bob almost like he had said this a million times over.

Last place I was guarding though, oh boy let me tell you, had some nasty strong people invade it. Some kind of ranger and paladin. Had me on the ropes. Only way I got out was by them thinking they banished me with a dispel. Pa-lease! Still though, it sucked.
    "Thanks, but the Tavern already has guardians...in theory, anyway. Anyone who has a fortress they need covered in an endless hurricane probably doesn't come around for drinks too often, you know? Sounds pretty isolating. Nobody can just drop by with that kind of weather."
    The bartender raises an eyebrow.
    "So, take care of most home invaders with ease, you mean."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

3. - Top - End - #723
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    "So, take care of most home invaders with ease, you mean."
    Anyone not on the red-list at least. Well, think of me as a back up in case someone's laying the smackdown on you. You're low on steam, and your ready to cast that Word of Recall spell you've been preparing, you call my name, and in theory I should take care of the already battered pro, and/or an, tagonists invading your home. In my line of work though, I'm mostly up against the Protagonist. Nothing personal, though. I'm just doing my job. Joe Bob clarifies.
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

Quote Originally Posted by Wuff View Post
    the biggest nerd ever who transforms into BEAR is of course alluring.

4. - Top - End - #724
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Upstairs]

Fayyaad lets her undo the buttons, as he reaches up and tries to pull her into his lap and remove her own shirt. The curtain is probably waiting to fall on the whole thing.
    [Upstairs]

Yeah, probably. Cassandra leans on Fayyaad slightly to keep her balance as she straddles him, pulling the curtain down with her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

5. - Top - End - #725
    Titan in the Playground

[Upstairs]

Fayyaad pulls the curtain with vigour, and his... experience in the Nexus has clearly increased his skill as well. He'll keep it down for as long as Cassandra wants.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

6. - Top - End - #726
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

J says to the server "No thanks, I had something already" and then looks at Geneva.

"Did you say that you can walk to other worlds from here? What does that even mean? This place gets more interesting by the second!"
    The Greatest Threads Of GiantITP (in my opinion):
    A story of the exact wrong way to run a campaign.
    The best thread derailment of all time.
    The "canonical" list of Mostly Useless Magic Items.
    A ridiculous campaign.
    Weird dreams.

Working on a laptop connected to the Internet is like writing on a typewriter welded to a circus. -Unknown

My Nexus character

7. - Top - End - #727
    Barbarian in the Playground

"Regular teleporters work fine. Provided they're to and from somewhere inside the whole general mish-mash." Geneva nods at the 'walking' question. "It has to do with the fact that this place is less a place and more many places mashed together. I'm only speculating at this point, but... The various universes that... I don't know... collided to create the Nexus in the first place? They're still easily accessible. You can walk to them. Things just gradually get less jumbled until you're somewhere coherent. Others can only be reached via bridges, whether they're permanent or transient. My work has thus far focused on stabilizing transient bridges. That's quite a bit easier than forging a completely new one."

She waves off the offer of food and drink, "No thank you, I'm fine."

Then she scrunches her nose a bit at the telephone comment.

"Ah, hehe... Mine is kind of hard to take off..."

She holds out her left hand, displaying the sleek looking bit of tech attached to a sleeve around her forearm.

It can probably be taken off-

-if you have the right tools to remove it.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

8. - Top - End - #728

Anyone not on the red-list at least. Well, think of me as a back up in case someone's laying the smackdown on you. You're low on steam, and your ready to cast that Word of Recall spell you've been preparing, you call my name, and in theory I should take care of the already battered pro, and/or an, tagonists invading your home. In my line of work though, I'm mostly up against the Protagonist. Nothing personal, though. I'm just doing my job. Joe Bob clarifies.
    "You're the one picking the job; if it keeps coming up that you're working for bad guys, that's on you."
    "I recommend that when you're looking for a new one, you bring a resume of places you successfully defended, huh?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

9. - Top - End - #729
    Ogre in the Playground

"You're the one picking the job; if it keeps coming up that you're working for bad guys, that's on you."
    "I recommend that when you're looking for a new one, you bring a resume of places you successfully defended, huh?"
    Okay, that stupid tower was one place, I have a successful track record. Well, three successes, but that's out of four. There was the Tower for three millennia, the castle for eight, the cave for two, and the other tower for nine.

Joe Bob counts on his fingers for the number of millennia he's been to each place when he talks about them.
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

10. - Top - End - #730
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    "Not a school symbol, no. I'm too old for school, anyway. It's more of a... Tribal one, I guess you could say. A running theme for everyone in my hometown, and one that's just as true for me as the others who haven't left." Jack smiles at the reptilian man, eyes flicking up and down his frame, before settling on his face. How about you, any interesting symbols used in your hometown, or are you an Inside resident, or an immigrant for whom Nexus is all new and strange?" Her voice is slightly more feminine than her body, but still very androgynous. She's one of those people you see on the street, and can't tell their gender at a first glance.
    The reptile man has no other way to proove her gender so he goes on. Worst case he had a nice chat.
    His clothes are rather neutral. No special signs or anything, he could have bought that outfit anywhere.

"No Symbols, uneless you count in the local trends like bands, games or style." he says. "I'm from the nexus, a small town with people like me. Thought most are either more like reptiles or have less scaled skin."

"So what brings you to Trog's? Not the drinks if I may guess.
    he points at her lemonade while saying that.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

11. - Top - End - #731
    Orc in the Playground

"My tribe's native Nexusian too. Or as close to native as anyone can be, given the hodgepodge nature of the place. As for why I'm here... Company, mainly. Good food, the best lemonade, and interesting people to stare at. So, yes. I'm here for the drinks, just not the alcoholic ones. I'm planning on flying home tonight, so I don't want to get drunk." And since her flying shape is so much smaller than her drinking one, it doesn't take much alcohol to take her there. "How about you? What brings you here?"
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

12. - Top - End - #732

"My tribe's native Nexusian too. Or as close to native as anyone can be, given the hodgepodge nature of the place. As for why I'm here... Company, mainly. Good food, the best lemonade, and interesting people to stare at. So, yes. I'm here for the drinks, just not the alcoholic ones. I'm planning on flying home tonight, so I don't want to get drunk." And since her flying shape is so much smaller than her drinking one, it doesn't take much alcohol to take her there. "How about you? What brings you here?"
    "The nexus sure is a thing." he replies with a nod. he tilts his head a bit in suprise. "Are you a pilot?"

"I'm here for company as well and maybe more. My hometome is kind of small in one day you know everyone."

13. - Top - End - #733
    Orc in the Playground

"No, not a pilot. A shapeshifter, with a much smaller winged form. It doesn't take much alcohol to get a bird drunk." Although I'm pretty sure drunkenness is something primates developed to better digest partially decayed fruit, and birds don't get drunk at all. But then, Jack isn't actually a bird, nor is she human. "Oh, I know that feeling. Everyone in the Clattering fits into a handful of old caravans we found a couple generations back. Hard to tell what they originally were, though. We've repaired them, and modified them, to better fit our needs and desires. We're lucky, the ones we found were mostly fibreglass, not plywood." So they don't easily rot.

14. - Top - End - #734

Okay, that stupid tower was one place, I have a successful track record. Well, three successes, but that's out of four. There was the Tower for three millennia, the castle for eight, the cave for two, and the other tower for nine.

Joe Bob counts on his fingers for the number of millennia he's been to each place when he talks about them.
    The bartender shrugs. "Alright, one mistake in twenty-two thousand years, that's not so bad." That's crazy, is what it is. A veritable time abyss. What kind of thing is a demon, to shrug off such big numbers?
    "I'm kinda surprised you drink; what does a storm want with alcohol?" Not that they're complaining about business, exactly.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

15. - Top - End - #735
    Ogre in the Playground

The bartender shrugs. "Alright, one mistake in twenty-two thousand years, that's not so bad." That's crazy, is what it is. A veritable time abyss. What kind of thing is a demon, to shrug off such big numbers?
    "I'm kinda surprised you drink; what does a storm want with alcohol?" Not that they're complaining about business, exactly.
    Hm? Oh, I'm an alcoholic. Not really addicted to being inebriated, I can't, just love the taste. says Joe Bob.

16. - Top - End - #736

"No, not a pilot. A shapeshifter, with a much smaller winged form. It doesn't take much alcohol to get a bird drunk." Although I'm pretty sure drunkenness is something primates developed to better digest partially decayed fruit, and birds don't get drunk at all. But then, Jack isn't actually a bird, nor is she human. "Oh, I know that feeling. Everyone in the Clattering fits into a handful of old caravans we found a couple generations back. Hard to tell what they originally were, though. We've repaired them, and modified them, to better fit our needs and desires. We're lucky, the ones we found were mostly fibreglass, not plywood." So they don't easily rot.
    "Oh," the man appears suprised. "I haven't met a shapeshifter in my life."
    And then again a confused look comes over his face.
    "Eh... may I guess: You are a vampire?" he doesn't appear afraid more like someone who thought vampires are just a myth.

17. - Top - End - #737
    Orc in the Playground

"You haven't knowingly met a shapeshifter. We're harder to spot than orcs or humans. No, not a vampire. Vampires don't drink lemonade, do they?" Jack smiles as she speaks. "No, I'm alive. I'm just... A shifter. I'm human, or a jackdaw, or something in between. But I'm not human, nor jackdaw. I'm neither." She smiles, and takes another sip of her lemonade.

18. - Top - End - #738

Quote Originally Posted by 8BitNinja View Post
    Steve says "You think that you know my entire life because of my one moment of weakness. You think that all the other times I actively championed good means nothing, just because of one mistake?" He takes off his curiass and breastplate and draws his knife and prays "Bringer of Justice, please lend your servant the power to destroy darkness." Because of the curse, the knife seems to be emitting shadows. (Smite Good)
    Steve hands over the knife to Libra and says "You might be correct, but I don't know. Let's let the gods decide this. If I really am evil, this knife won't hurt me. If I am, this knife will go into me and most likely kill me. But even if it doesn't kill me, the effect will go away after the first strike. So if I really am evil, why not just do it anyways? I'm no hypocrite, I live to destroy evil, so if I really am evil, then I deserve to be destroyed." If Libra doesn't accept the knife immediately, he will start to push it towards her more aggressively.
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Elf View Post
    [Cursed Table]

Luvon sees Steve offer the knife. His eyes widen with not only surprise, but disappointment.

If about 20 more seconds pass before something happens, he will then actually uses his curse to his advantage.
    If this happens, Luvon will command Libra, saying, "You will remove all of your curses, remove our end of the deal, then stop cursing and casting on us, and leave the people alone." This is the spell Geas.http://engl393-dnd5th.wikia.com/wiki/Geas (9th level)
    Cursed Table

"Well Ambrosia, I would say this has been nice, but if you believed that I would have to despair for the only hope for intelligent conversation I have at this table that wouldn't eventually come to blows. These two seem to have things well in hand, and please don't question me on that any further either." The Meddler has stood, making it clear that her end of this business is concluded.

"Libra, if you wish to deal without involving pawns, I'm sure you know where to find me. Ambrosia, if you want to contact me or any of my underlings, make sure mention is made in more appropriate circumstances. My superiors may find this amusing, but they are vast and unknowable and this has gone beyond being worth both my time and theirs. Au revoir." Despite her words, the Meddler doesn't vanish immediately, just remains standing for a moment. She has to give everyone their fair time to rebut her rather abrupt departure, after all. There are rules.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

19. - Top - End - #739

Cursed Table

Libra raises her eyebrows as Steve offers up his weapon, but while he seems to have caught her interest, she thought process is seemingly interrupted when Luvon suddenly starts casting a spell in her direction, something that immediately draws her attention. This spell is something that she immediately appears to be able to identify, unfortunately.

"What?! How dare you!" She accuses, her expression contorted into a scowl. "I'm outta' here! Good luck with the curse, morons!" Libra gives Luvon and Steve a rude gesture before she disappears in a puff of black smoke. She is gone so quickly that she didn't even bothered replying to the meddler, probably since she knew that the spell had a one minute casting time.

Ambrosia for her part has a impassive expression, just frowning slightly as Libra gestures at them and disappears. She turns back to the meddler and bows her head again. "I understand perfectly, may we meet again under more pleasant circumstances, lady spirit." She says, offering the Meddler a small smile.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2017-10-22 at 09:31 AM.

20. - Top - End - #740
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Cursed Table

Libra raises her eyebrows as Steve offers up his weapon, but while he seems to have caught her interest, she thought process is seemingly interrupted when Luvon suddenly starts casting a spell in her direction, something that immediately draws her attention. This spell is something that she immediately appears to be able to identify, unfortunately.

"What?! How dare you!" She accuses, her expression contorted into a scowl. "I'm outta' here! Good luck with the curse, morons!" Libra gives Luvon and Steve a rude gesture before she disappears in a puff of black smoke. She is gone so quickly that she didn't even bothered replying to the meddler, probably since she knew that the spell had a one minute casting time.

Ambrosia for her part has a impassive expression, just frowning slightly as Libra gestures at them and disappears. She turns back to the meddler and bows her head again. "I understand perfectly, may we meet again under more pleasant circumstances, lady spirit." She says, offering the Meddler a small smile.
    Steve puts his armor back on and sheathes his knife. "I'm sorry we dragged you into this Ambrosia, I keep making stupid desicions and putting you in danger." He wonders for a moment and says to Ambrosia "Do you remember when we went to that temple? Maybe one of the clerics are powerful enough to cure us. Do you know how powerful the clergy is?"
    I'm a Lawful Good Human Paladin
    Justice and honor are a heavy burden for the righteous. We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave
    — The Acts of Iomedae, Pathfinder
    Quote Originally Posted by Quibbilcious View Post
    I lost my artistic license after getting stuck in a poetry jam.

21. - Top - End - #741
    Ettin in the Playground

"Oh, huh!" Leslie stares at the wrist-communicator for probably longer than is necessary. "Well, ah, would you mind calling my phone for me? Just to see if it goes to voicemail or anything?"

Leslie thanks the server and starts sipping away at her berry juice. It's different from the the vaguely artificial syrup-infused version that she's used to, but not by much.

"Ah, you'll probably need the country code and everything... It would be 0x16-13-35-C9-A7-*cough*"

Leslie raises a finger as she tries to clear some juice from her throat. "*cough* Sorry, must've gone down the wrong... Ahem!"

She repeats her weird hexadecimal phone number in its entirety.

22. - Top - End - #742

Geneva is pretty accustomed to people staring at her assets.

...what?

Her tech!

She has lots of really neat looking tech!

People stare at it all the time.

"Sure, I can do that for you," Geneva replies, smiling pleasantly.

She doesn't actually type anything into her wrist computer. She just sub-vocalizes the commands in question and the device takes the needed steps. Because it's a pretty keen bit of tech!

When the coughing starts, Geneva looks concerned. Especially since her new acquaintance's speech just got a little... greener? "Are you sure you're okay?" she asks as Leslie's phone likely begins ringing.
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2017-10-22 at 10:32 PM.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

23. - Top - End - #743
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

[Cursed Table]

Luvon stands up and flips (currently her) chair over, sparing the table for the fact that other people are sitting at it. "Can anyone remove the curse besides Libra? This curse can't be unbreakable."
    "Sons of Gondor! Of Rohan! My brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me! A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship. But it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields when the age of Men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you stand! Men of the West!" -Aragorn, Lord of the Rings

I'm 8BitNinja's Brother

24. - Top - End - #744
    Ogre in the Playground

Sam looks worried at Leslie. "Just wave your hands if you need a Heimlich. They teach us to do that at restaurants." he says with a small joke. This conversation is quite odd.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

25. - Top - End - #745

Hm? Oh, I'm an alcoholic. Not really addicted to being inebriated, I can't, just love the taste. says Joe Bob.
    "I guess there really is no account for taste. Stuff has no effect on me either, but I don't drink it for fun."
    "Well, then how about another round?"

The bartender offers before moving on to other customers.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

26. - Top - End - #746
    Ettin in the Playground

"Huh?" Leslie sniffs and clears her throat one more time, but if anything she sounds a bit more relaxed now that she's less dehydrated. "I think I'm okay. Sorry, I think I just drank too fast."

After a long moment trying to connect, Geneva's communicator gets the standard, 'ringing on the other end,' sound.

"Milk tastes weird too."

"Does it? Oh! Right! Should have thought of that, I mean who knows what kinds of animals they get it from here."

Somewhere very far away, a pair of panicking grad students toss a vibrating handheld back and forth, debating whether to answer.

"I like it."

"Oh, okay, cool."

Geneva probably put her wrist thing on speaker, so everyone can hear when it goes to voicemail.

"Ah, hello, this is Leslie... ah, Pipaluk. Leave a message, and I'll, ah, call you back..."

"AH!" Leslie winces. "Crud! Ah, hang it up, I guess..."

27. - Top - End - #747

"You haven't knowingly met a shapeshifter. We're harder to spot than orcs or humans. No, not a vampire. Vampires don't drink lemonade, do they?" Jack smiles as she speaks. "No, I'm alive. I'm just... A shifter. I'm human, or a jackdaw, or something in between. But I'm not human, nor jackdaw. I'm neither." She smiles, and takes another sip of her lemonade.
    The man shrugs.
    "Well. They migth drink it. After all we drink alcohole we don't need."
    "It sounds complicated." he says. "Do you have a limit in one of your forms like you can only stay 4 Hours a day in jackdaw form or such?"

28. - Top - End - #748
    Orc in the Playground

"That's a fair point. And this is mighty fine lemonade, so maybe they would drink it." But it's blood orange that is the traditional recourse of vegetarian vampires. With the second bit, about a limit on her shapeshifting, she looks a little confused. "Uh, no? No more than I have a limit on how long I can stay in this shape. Why would that be a thing? Each shape, or any mismatched form in between, is my natural form." So there's no limits or anything on how long she stays in a shape, because she's as much human as jackdaw.

29. - Top - End - #749
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

J just stares at Leslie while the aforementioned conversation is going on, and then finally says:

"Okay. I can't tell what just happened. All I can get is that your phone number is in hexadecimal for some reason, and then your speech pattern just sort of... changed. What's a Pipaluk?"
    The Greatest Threads Of GiantITP (in my opinion):
    A story of the exact wrong way to run a campaign.
    The best thread derailment of all time.
    The "canonical" list of Mostly Useless Magic Items.
    A ridiculous campaign.
    Weird dreams.

Working on a laptop connected to the Internet is like writing on a typewriter welded to a circus. -Unknown

My Nexus character

30. - Top - End - #750
    Ettin in the Playground

"It's my last name! I mean my, ah, fake last name..."

"And fake voice, and fake saying, 'ah,' all the time," Changeling adds.

"Ahah! Ah, yeah... I might just be stuck like that for a while, I guess." Leslie nervously adjusts her glasses. "So, the call got through! Kind of? What would make that possible?"