New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Re: Trog's Tavern CCLII

The tavern door opens with a creak. In steps a disarmingly cute human-sized rat creature, on his hind legs. He is biscuit coloured and smells faintly of custard cream biscuits, and goes by the name Fendrick. Fendrick approaches the bar, and places his butt on a stool, his forepaws on the bar. His tail swishes happily as he orders a drink, and looks around to see other patrons, as he is new to the area.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

The rat person certainly has a menagerie of patrons to gaze upon, from the black Griffin nearby with goggles around its neck, the blue-clad human with a tiny dragon on his shoulder at the bar, practically glowing with magic, the teenage Minotaur by the fire, or the enormous blue pig-person enjoying a plate of wings alone, carefully using all four of his arms.

None of them seem particularly busy, or with anyone to talk to.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

3. - Top - End - #33
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

The rat person, Fendrick, is intrigued by the menagerie of patrons around him; never before has he been part of a crowd in which he hasn't stuck out in the slightest. Eased into his new surroundings, he leans over to pet the intriguing little dragon. He inquires of the human, 'what is this little fellow's name? I hope he won't singe my fur!'

Fendrick is tentative in approaching the human and dragon, and awaits the human's reaction to being slightly tickled by his long whiskers. He means no offense, but his ratty whiskers stretch wide and its hard to avoid invading other peoples personal space with them.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

Zebes (pronounced "Zeebs" no matter what Nintendo says) is a dragon about the size of a small cat, with scales the color of a gold-copper alloy and a face that always seems to be smiling. Though he does not shy away from being pet, he does pipe up, "Hey buddy, dinner and a movie first!"

Jacen, his human, is dressed in leather boots and a simple outfit of jeans and a shirt, though he has his trademark blue cloak draped over it. Old habits die hard.
    "Zebes, be nice." he tells the dragon, answering the rat's question as well. "Don't mind him." he assures the rat.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Fendrick the rat-person chuckles at the little dragon, and beams at Jacen. 'Nice to meet you' he says. 'I'm, well, as I'm sure you can tell I'm very new around here. I'm pleased to have received such a friendly welcome, I wasn't sure quite who I'd bump into when I stepped foot in this tavern.'

Fendrick offers to buy Jacen and his dragon each a drink, and extends a furry forepaw for a handshake.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

Jace shakes the 'hand' with a smile.
    "It's no problem. Happens to everyone really. Do you know where you're going, after this tavern?" he asks.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Fendrick beams even more (which looks a little strange on his ratty face) but then his face falls. 'No, I don't really have anywhere else to go to be honest' he sighs. 'I rather fancy myself adventuring someplace, but I don't even know where to begin.'

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

[Drinking All The Drinks]

"I didn't know a cyborg was even involved," Fayyaad admits. "It means someone who's half-machine, doesn't it? It's no business of ours, in any event. I hope Simone helps her."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

"Well, you could always hide out here and wait for someone to burst in asking for help. It happens more often than you think. Otherwise,
    you could try joining up with the mercenaries, or looking for librarians who'd pay for finding rare books."
    the sorcerer suggests.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

'Hmm' Fendrick replied with a frown.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Bugbear in the Playground

"Ah, yes, sometimes I do forget to mind my own business, the curse of a scholar I suppose." Ambrosia muses, when her attention is stolen away for a moment by Jace and Zebes. She gives the two a wave and a smile. "But speaking of dragons, there's Jace and Zebes, they're friends of mine. I talked to Zebes, specifically since he was a dragon." She looks at Mr. C who she she usually had looked past during the conversation. It was easy to miss someone so small. "So therefore I'm curious, are you, Mr. C, a dragon? I am not entirely clear on how you can be half of a dragon."

12. - Top - End - #42
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Fendrick the rat-person perks up his ears as he hears the names of his new acquaintances Jacen and Zebes. He takes a sip of his drink, just a glass of water, and beads of water somehow get stuck to his whiskers. He shakes his head absentmindedly to remove the tickly beads of water from his whiskers, and inadvertently sprays water to those nearby.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

[Outside]

Simone will find Cassandra braced against the outside wall of the tavern, resting her head against her arm and looking at the ground. Even still, she picks up on Simone's approach immediately, which Simone might notice through the shift in her shoulders, though she doesn't look up or say anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Troll in the Playground

Outside

Simone sits on the ground near Cass, but not entirely facing her. Letting her have a little privacy at first.

"Do you know him?" Simone asks.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

Jace returns the wave from Ambrosia. Wow, it's been ages.
    At the water, he only laughs, not bothered in the slightest.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Fendrick the rat-person downs the rest of his drink, and gently places the beaker he was drinking out of back on the bar. Again absentmindedly he has a quick rat-like wash of his face, rubbing his ears and eyes and nose with his front paws. He slides off the bar stool and stands on his hindpaws, tail swishing slightly. He asks of Jacen, 'Do you know anyone who needs an able-bodied rat to run an errand for them, is there anyone I could approach that would like a new companion on their adventures? I figure the best way to settle in around here is to make myself useful. I was planning on heading to the Bookbinder's Library, I like the idea of finding some rare books''

As he said this, attention was drawn to the sharpness of his claws. His ears twitched, as they are very sensitive to the quietest of sounds, and his whiskers scoped out the atmosphere around him. It became apparent that Fendrick was a very alert creature, with strong muscles under his gentle pooch of fluff and fat. He could make quite a useful, if novice, companion.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

Jace frowns.
    "Unfortunately we haven't had to look for work for quite some time. I'd suggest you ask around here, or at a mercenary office. They're the most likely places to find people asking for aid." the sorcerer suggests.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Titan in the Playground

"A friend of yours, then? I suppose I should go introduce myself." Fayyaad gets up, and walks over to the table where Jace is conversing with Fendrick. He's a tall, bronze-skinned tiefling with short, black hair and a pair of curved horns. There's a stubble on his cheeks and chin, and he's wearing a leather vest over a white shirt. He also has a quite visible tail.

"Greetings," he says. "It seems like we have a mutual acquaintance. While you," he adds, looking to Fendrick, "have the air of someone who has just arrived around here."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

'Hi' says Fendrick, offering his furry forepaw for a handshake. 'I'm VERY new around here... I was rather hoping I might meet someone in need of a companion, or indeed with an errand for me to run. I like to make myself useful.'

Fendrick's beige-brown fur looks like it might be very soft if you were to reach out and touch it. His pink tail, covered in a fuzz of light hairs, swishes gently and his whiskers and nose twitch as he reacts to the scent of Fayyaad. Fayyaad seems friendly enough, so Fendrick is at ease.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

Zebes gives Fayyaad a proper dragon bow, dipping his head and spreading his wings symbolically. Though mentally, he's wondering if he's the kind of person who'd get it if Zebes made a joke about stealing Han Solo's outfit.
    "A pleasure. Jace. " he says to Fayyaad, awaiting an introduction.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Bugbear in the Playground

"Well that's a bit complicated I think." MrC says. "As you can see I'm not a born beeing like you or the others." He looks at the other table where Fayyaad did head to. "Which means I got no Mom or Dad to recall my species. I assume my creator used something from dragons in my creation like the blood that runs through my veins. It showed of when I used the amulett. Didn't you met halfdragons? some breeds of human and dragons for example?"
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

22. - Top - End - #52
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fendrick View Post
    'Hi' says Fendrick, offering his furry forepaw for a handshake. 'I'm VERY new around here... I was rather hoping I might meet someone in need of a companion, or indeed with an errand for me to run. I like to make myself useful.'

Fendrick's beige-brown fur looks like it might be very soft if you were to reach out and touch it. His pink tail, covered in a fuzz of light hairs, swishes gently and his whiskers and nose twitch as he reacts to the scent of Fayyaad. Fayyaad seems friendly enough, so Fendrick is at ease.
    Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Zebes gives Fayyaad a proper dragon bow, dipping his head and spreading his wings symbolically. Though mentally, he's wondering if he's the kind of person who'd get it if Zebes made a joke about stealing Han Solo's outfit.
    "A pleasure. Jace. " he says to Fayyaad, awaiting an introduction.
    "My name is Fayyaad," the tiefling says, deciding not to go into his full family name at this moment. "I don't have errands to run, but I do know some people who need people for those. Depending on what skills you have."

23. - Top - End - #53
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Fendrick looks at the tiefling, and sighs. 'I am rather lacking in skills'
    He says this quietly, as if ashamed. 'I could use some combat training, I mean, I have sharp claws and a keen nose, but I've always been rather.. Passive. I would like to go out adventuring, but I appreciate I won't get far if I can't defend myself!'

Fendrick is surprisingly agile for a creature with such a cute, bumbling air. His muscles flex under his pooch of fluff and it is apparent that with a little patience and guidance, he would make an adequate fighter/adventurer, fit to run any errand.

'I would really appreciate being guided in the direction of someone who does need an errand run, or indeed who needs a hand with any task, great or small. What I lack in expertise I make up in eagerness I guess!'

24. - Top - End - #54
    Halfling in the Playground

Somewhere around the agreed-upon hour, a tanned man of no particular height and athletic build enters the tavern. He'd be an unpeculiar human, with walnut-brown hair and a wide mouth made for grinning, if it wasn't for the antlers and large, flickering deer's ears that protrude from the sides of his head. He's dressed sparingly in a pair of old, cracked boots, a set of patched hide trousers, and a felty-looking vest studded with iron buttons. He wears the vest open, revealing just a slender line of chest and compact belly.

He takes a quick glance around before finding his way to a booth. It seems he might be waiting for somebody.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Outside

Simone sits on the ground near Cass, but not entirely facing her. Letting her have a little privacy at first.

"Do you know him?" Simone asks.
    Cass doesn't answer immediately, first considering how much information to volunteer. Even drunk, the topic of her past, dredged up by the conversation about Magtok makes her anxious and afraid enough to have her guard up. "We never met," she says. "I know of him, I guess."
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Troll in the Playground

Outside

Simone wonders if this is true. Why would she have gotten upset? But she can feel Cass's defensiveness, so she tries to go indirectly. "I work for him some, years ago. He was... strange. Always claiming to be evil, like he trying to convince himself."
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground

Fendrick looks at the tiefling, and sighs. 'I am rather lacking in skills'
    He says this quietly, as if ashamed. 'I could use some combat training, I mean, I have sharp claws and a keen nose, but I've always been rather.. Passive. I would like to go out adventuring, but I appreciate I won't get far if I can't defend myself!'

Fendrick is surprisingly agile for a creature with such a cute, bumbling air. His muscles flex under his pooch of fluff and it is apparent that with a little patience and guidance, he would make an adequate fighter/adventurer, fit to run any errand.

'I would really appreciate being guided in the direction of someone who does need an errand run, or indeed who needs a hand with any task, great or small. What I lack in expertise I make up in eagerness I guess!'
    Fayyaad's tail flicks.

"Hm. I don't know if the group where I find work offers combat training. Perhaps they could use someone to run errands for them in exchange for it, though. I'd have to ask the people I know there. I've also heard of a group called Vigil. But they're... of a different sort. Protectors and peacekeepers, not adventurers."

28. - Top - End - #58
    Orc in the Playground

Felandria saunters into the tavern, wearing jeans, sneakers and a dark blue baby tee, her hair is loose and her lipstick is purple.

She takes a seat at her usual table as Paige walks by.

Hey, Fel!

The usual?

You know me too well.

Fel grins broadly as she flips a gold coin in Paige's direction.

She leans back and takes a look around, seeing if there are any new faces around, ones who might need someone to interact with.

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

29. - Top - End - #59
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

To Fayyaad

Fendrick beamed at Fayyaad, 'Running errands in exchange for a little training would be perfect. Who do I need to talk to for this? I will stay in the Tavern, and just introduce myself to others,
    but if you may have someone for me to get in touch with, I'd very much appreciate it.
    '

With that, Fendrick excuses himself and heads over to where Felandria is sitting.

To Felandria

'Hi' says Fendrick confidently, feeling more at ease in his surroundings now he has a few familiar faces. Fendrick is a human-sized rat, silver fawn in colouring (a biscuity brown). He smells faintly of biscuits (British custard creams, to be precise) and his long whiskers may accidentally tickle those nearby. He has perky pink ears and a slightly swishing pink tail, covered in light fuzzy hair. Fendrick extends a forepaw in greeting, and says, 'I'm Fendrick. You seem to know this area well, whereas I myself could use a little guidance. I'm still fairly new to these parts, you see.'

30. - Top - End - #60
    Orc in the Playground

To Fayyaad

Fendrick beamed at Fayyaad, 'Running errands in exchange for a little training would be perfect. Who do I need to talk to for this? I will stay in the Tavern, and just introduce myself to others,
    but if you may have someone for me to get in touch with, I'd very much appreciate it.
    '

With that, Fendrick excuses himself and heads over to where Felandria is sitting.

To Felandria

'Hi' says Fendrick confidently, feeling more at ease in his surroundings now he has a few familiar faces. Fendrick is a human-sized rat, silver fawn in colouring (a biscuity brown). He smells faintly of biscuits (British custard creams, to be precise) and his long whiskers may accidentally tickle those nearby. He has perky pink ears and a slightly swishing pink tail, covered in light fuzzy hair. Fendrick extends a forepaw in greeting, and says, 'I'm Fendrick. You seem to know this area well, whereas I myself could use a little guidance. I'm still fairly new to these parts, you see.'
    Felandria smiles and gently shakes Fendrick's paw, her hand completely enveloping his.

Felandria is a lovely young half elf who happens to be about thirteen feet tall.

Hi, Fendrick, I'm Felandria.

Yeah, I know this place can be a little intimidating for a newcomer, I'd be happy to help you out.

You wanna take a seat?

There is a chair with a step stool on the other side of the table.

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre