New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 29 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #841
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Trog's Tavern CCLII

[At the bar]

Wait, met? That can't be right. It must've been was. Or was it ate?

"That's it," Valentina says, nodding. That's how it should be: hospitality and all. "No problem, tea is meant to be shared." No, she was right the first time: it was probably met a samurai before. Practically the same thing. I mean, who could tell the difference, anyway?

The woman Valentina finally sits down, next to the samurai. "So," she says, "what brings you here? Adventure? Fortune? Fame? Just a good time?"
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

2. - Top - End - #842
    Ogre in the Playground

Nick Jr. blinks innocently. He is a perfect little angel. Who is also an orange dragon.

Sam still seems a little lost but is trying his best.
    ”Dust isn’t weird. The Ethereals who made my body were made of energy.” posits.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

3. - Top - End - #843

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    "Yeah, I heard of that. It's a little worrying, really. Like, you know there's a magpie around, you've heard it call and seen the feathers, but you don't know when it's going to go after the eggs so you can't let your guard down because it's waiting for that." Magpies are known nest-raiders. Mum keeps doves, and she's always on the lookout for magpies when the smaller cote has a nest. Jackdaws also raid nests, but the ones that visit our garden seem happy eating the seed put out for the doves.
    "Can't do much about it and to add I'm much happier they stay quiet." he says. "After all I'm not a fighter or a spy to help in that matter."

--------------------------------------------

Zefir continues to take his look. He got no intention to hide looking at the people.
    There is a Person with a hole next to a Samurai and there is this Zoo person with so many kinds of races in it. When will 'normal' people appear in the Nexus?
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

4. - Top - End - #844
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

J sighs.
    "Leslie, this thing that I'm making will allow you to travel literally anywhere by walking in and out of Trog's. It can make that door a portal to anywhere. At least, I hope it will. I have no idea whether it will work."

She then picks what appears to be hair from her head and drops it into the brown-black liquid. (Due to being an earth elemental, her green hair is actually plants that she cultivates on her head, including magical herbs.) It dissolves. She pours the brown-black potion into the red-orange one, forming another muddy brown liquid, before adding the contents of one more tiny vial. Immediately, the potion reacts to it and turns bright white.
    "And it's done."
    The Greatest Threads Of GiantITP (in my opinion):
    A story of the exact wrong way to run a campaign.
    The best thread derailment of all time.
    The "canonical" list of Mostly Useless Magic Items.
    A ridiculous campaign.
    Weird dreams.

Working on a laptop connected to the Internet is like writing on a typewriter welded to a circus. -Unknown

My Nexus character

5. - Top - End - #845
    Orc in the Playground

"That's true. I guess it's a good thing, then. If they do start something, I guess I have an easier time to escape, though I hope it doesn't come to it." She was involved in the Blood Moon event, but that temporarily trapped her in jackdaw shape, whilst she was roosting in an abandoned attic. She wasn't involved in any trouble and doesn't realise quite how widespread it was.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

6. - Top - End - #846
    Ettin in the Playground

"With a potion?" Leslie says, staring into the results of J's newest labors. "That's... actually really cool! How would you administer it?"

Changeling engages with Sam while the nerds are talking shop. "Energy, huh? That sounds about right. We saw a little rainbow cloud-type on the way back from Pokemon Land. And horses. So many horses." She stares into the middle distance for a moment on that last note before shaking it off and continuing. "You said earlier that you weren't human anymore. Called yourself a Spigre, right? I wasn't sure what you meant, but I guess human-to-monster is a thing here more than it was back home. It makes me wonder."

She glances around the room, noticing some of the eccentric newcomers. Human-to-cat-cyborg. Human-to-murderghost. Human-to-oh wait that one's just a suit of armor. Still though.

7. - Top - End - #847
    Barbarian in the Playground

The woman shakes her head, an amused smile on her face. "Hardly. Truth be told, I am not sure what brings me to this new, and strange realm. 'Tis nothing like the swamps of my home, but if this is where my Path has deigned to bring me..." she shrugs. "And what of you? Do you come seeking adventure?"

8. - Top - End - #848
    Dwarf in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Gunsforhands View Post
    "I see. And I suppose it goes without saying that these far-away readers wish to remain anonymous, right down to which planet they're on." Leslie can't keep a straight face, really, but she's trying to stay a little serious. Changeling rolls her eyes. She recognizes the game her sister is playing, but she's never liked it nearly as much.

"Anyway, it's not a big secret or anything. You see, on our planet, monsters are actually a suspension of dust in-"

"Ugh. Those are for capturing and holding monsters. This is for mixing drugs together. Any questions?"

"Spoil sport."
    John looks offended and then confused. I mean, I don't see why their identity really matters in this case as I can swear none of your information will be spread beyond my patron. He then listens too your answer and jotes done some notes in his leather book. Ah, so the gizmos are for trapping dust monsters?
    Or is the dust unrelated? Could you back up a little bit, I'm just confused.

9. - Top - End - #849
    Ettin in the Playground

Leslie goes ahead and responds to John, as her sister seems to have lost interest in stopping her.

"Right! See, most monsters are composed of a small volume of dust suspended in magic. Magic can be compressed to basically zero volume and held in an integrated binding focus along with the monster's soul. Even where I come from, there are some monsters with too much physical matter to fit in these particular ones, but there are more advanced devices and foci that can contain them."

10. - Top - End - #850
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Cursed Table

Ambrosia stares at Steve for a moment. "Think of them as golems, they are simply following their aspect, nothing more. With the exception of spirits representing the actual concepts of good and evil, they do not belong to either of them as long as they're pure." She pauses. "Please don't attack to them, I don't think you want to enrage this particular dragon. Her name is Siragosa and she won't take it well if you're disrespectful, especially considering that you are coming there asking for help." She suddenly seems reluctant to use the knife, whatever it does.
    Steve says "I won't attack them. I can assure you that while we're there my sword will not leave it's scabbard."
    I'm a Lawful Good Human Paladin
    Justice and honor are a heavy burden for the righteous. We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave
    — The Acts of Iomedae, Pathfinder
    Quote Originally Posted by Quibbilcious View Post
    I lost my artistic license after getting stuck in a poetry jam.

11. - Top - End - #851

Quote Originally Posted by Devixer View Post
    The woman shakes her head, an amused smile on her face. "Hardly. Truth be told, I am not sure what brings me to this new, and strange realm. 'Tis nothing like the swamps of my home, but if this is where my Path has deigned to bring me..." she shrugs. "And what of you? Do you come seeking adventure?"
    Valentina drinks more of her tea to give herself time to think before answering. "No, not really," she finally says. Then, she adds onto her statement: "Well, if adventure presented itself before me then I wouldn't turn it away. It's not really what I came here for, which was simply a change of pace."

"Boredom, mostly."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

12. - Top - End - #852
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Leslie goes ahead and responds to John, as her sister seems to have lost interest in stopping her.

"Right! See, most monsters are composed of a small volume of dust suspended in magic. Magic can be compressed to basically zero volume and held in an integrated binding focus along with the monster's soul. Even where I come from, there are some monsters with too much physical matter to fit in these particular ones, but there are more advanced devices and foci that can contain them."
    "Dust and magic... sounds like monsters from the Underground. Are you from a world where that happened? With the barrier thing?"
    Spoiler: Info
    Show
    That's the Underground from Undertale, if you didn't figure that out.

"So... does anyone want to test this potion? I can't, because I don't know any places in the Nexus. You just drink it and walk out that door. Just think of a place where you want to go."
    The Greatest Threads Of GiantITP (in my opinion):
    A story of the exact wrong way to run a campaign.
    The best thread derailment of all time.
    The "canonical" list of Mostly Useless Magic Items.
    A ridiculous campaign.
    Weird dreams.

Working on a laptop connected to the Internet is like writing on a typewriter welded to a circus. -Unknown

My Nexus character

13. - Top - End - #853
    Ettin in the Playground

Leslie has to think about J's suggestion for a second. "That does sound familiar... It's the Mount Ebott story, right? The one about monsters being banished for hundreds of years? It's the reason King Mew established his capitol there, I think." She raises a finger and beckons John to join the conversation. "Actually, were you only interested in Nexus stories, or stories in general? Comparing two parallel stories might be interesting for your readers. Though, with my version, the actual history is... contested."

Depending on how eager J is for a potion-test, one train of thought or the other might have to wait its turn.

14. - Top - End - #854
    Barbarian in the Playground

"Boredom? Hah, it looks that you've come to the right place to relieve such a feeling! I look around here, and in this land, and it seems I'm the odd one out."

The woman looks back at Valentina, and the sword she carried. So many of the weapons she'd seen reminded her of her home. She bows her head towards the other woman, still doing her best to keep the whole hole thing in stride.
    "Ah, I forget myself. I am Keiko Kurasawa, a seeker of the Path. May I ask your name?"

15. - Top - End - #855

"That's true. I guess it's a good thing, then. If they do start something, I guess I have an easier time to escape, though I hope it doesn't come to it." She was involved in the Blood Moon event, but that temporarily trapped her in jackdaw shape, whilst she was roosting in an abandoned attic. She wasn't involved in any trouble and doesn't realise quite how widespread it was.
    "That shapeshifting sure comes handy." he says. "Sad I can't just turn into a lizard or dragon or something else with scales. Well, can't blame anyone for that I guess." He smiles and takes another sip of his drink.

16. - Top - End - #856
    Dwarf in the Playground

Imp

Leslie has to think about J's suggestion for a second. "That does sound familiar... It's the Mount Ebott story, right? The one about monsters being banished for hundreds of years? It's the reason King Mew established his capitol there, I think." She raises a finger and beckons John to join the conversation. "Actually, were you only interested in Nexus stories, or stories in general? Comparing two parallel stories might be interesting for your readers. Though, with my version, the actual history is... contested."

Depending on how eager J is for a potion-test, one train of thought or the other might have to wait its turn.
    John grins as the story begins to unfold. I am interested in all manner of stories, and I am very interested in this contested history you speak of. He then adresses Js proposition Leslie,
    if you want to try this concoction out I, of course, will not stop you. I will ask, however, that you recommend one of your friends to me so I can continue my transcription. So far you have been very helpful, thank you.
    Last edited by DarkPI; 2017-11-20 at 10:32 AM.

17. - Top - End - #857
    Orc in the Playground

"It is useful, yes. I like the way you look now, though. And lizards aren't all that useful to be. They can't fly, for one. I guess they can fit through small cracks, but... Well, I guess there might be more I don't know of about lizards. The Clattering breed iguanas for eggs, and occasionally meat, but those are the only lizards I've had much personal experience with." Because being bird-people, chicken eggs and plucked birds appear too similar to them to be entirely comfortable.

18. - Top - End - #858

"Well, Thank you." he replies. "Dragons could fly, even the small ones. I'm even curiouse iwhat was in my bloodline. Maybe a dragon, or a Lzardmen or something else with scales? Any kind of Shapeshift might be of use, but for sure be a bid has the most usefull features for a city."

19. - Top - End - #859
    Ettin in the Playground

[Crowded Table With Two Chemistry Sets, a Small Dragon and a Spigre Among Others]

"Well, I'm not going to test it. The only place I've been is the one Pokémon center, and I wouldn't know my way back to confirm that it worked," Leslie says. "Buuut... if Nick wants to try it, he could go back to school and come right back in through the mirror, right?"

20. - Top - End - #860
    Orc in the Playground

"Dragons aren't dragons. Dragons are... Well, dragons." Not lizards. "I'm afraid I don't know anyone who could help you figure out your origin. Don't your parents know? Some kind of family legend or something?" Though if he's adopted that won't help. "Flight is useful, no matter how it's achieved. Mine just comes with a smaller body so I fit through gaps easier."

21. - Top - End - #861
    Ogre in the Playground

Nick squeezes Geneva tightly, completely tending up.
    ”No, no no no. Nu-uh.” Nick is terrified of teleportation and similar effects out of fear that one of them might one day send him back to his hellscape of a Home world.

”I could...do it?” Sam offers hesitantly.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

22. - Top - End - #862
    Dwarf in the Playground

Imp

John watches expectantly, notebook at the ready Well, whoever does it, could you detail to me where you go, what it felt like and how you determined your final location? I'm sure my patrons would be very interested in this.

23. - Top - End - #863
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Daughter Table]

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    You never know. They might not have a happy father-daughter relationship. All too many families would be improved by the addition of magic barrier circles.

"Wraith-Dragon. Huh, okay. So it's some sort of magic."
    Omiko does a quick look around the tavern, seeing if there are any undead minions hanging around that might belong to this guy.
    "I feel like the free drinks part is probably tied up in the symbol."
    "..."
    "Are you really as storybook wicked as you seem?"
    Summoning Table

Nope, no undead minions hanging about to do the man's bidding.

Theo frowns slightly as he reaches out, tapping the blood sigils to cause them to glow softly. "Storybooks are filled with caricatures of people and morals rather than true ones. Real villains and bad guys don't monologue while tweaking their long mustaches and cackling mirthfully as they watch trains head towards a tied up damsel on the tracks." He explains. "If anyone is acting as if they are from a story, it would be Sir Lightblade from earlier. Fighting for JUSTICE and Freedom is all and good, but to do so blindly is more harmful than helpful. I fight for the exact same thing, but I do so in my own way. Yes, I serve a Tyrant and help reinforce her rule, but that does not mean her populace is unhappy. There are many different forms of Tyranny after all, just as there are many forms of Freedom."

24. - Top - End - #864
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [Summoning Table]

"So you're not, but only because you have the decency to be deceptive about it. Are you seriously saying that if you had a long enough mustache, you wouldn't be twirling it?"
    "There are-" Omiko insists, before pausing to down another entire flagon. "-only two kinds of freedom. And only one kind of tyranny. The difference is what is done with it. It's easy to say that you fight for freedom and justice - in your own way. Although you won't catch me saying it, because I don't. Justice is somebody else's problem now. But what way is that? What do you actually do for it?" She raises her eyebrow (the only one), clearly skeptical of Theo's mincing explanation. If you're going to be a demon-loving undead-supporting gyro-eating evil knight of evil, at least own it.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2017-11-22 at 12:44 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

25. - Top - End - #865
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Upstairs]

Likewise spent, Fayyaad stretches languidly, casting his eyes over Cassandra's body. He'd heard rumours about elven wantonness and passion, but he wasn't sure if he believed them. Seems they were true, at least in Cassandra's case. Either way, it worked out very well for him.

"You're full of surprises, Cassandra," he says. "And adventurous in more ways than one. We seem to have worked well together all day and night."
    [Upstairs]

The corner of Cassandra's mouth quirks up slightly, bemused by Fayyaad's compliment. Adventurous, was it? She stretches as well, arching like a cat, though she doesn't seem to have a response ready at hand for Fayyaad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

26. - Top - End - #866
    Titan in the Playground

[Upstairs]

"Well, can't say in bed all day," Fayyaad says, swinging his legs out of the bed and looking around for his clothes. "But I'd certainly like to do it again someday. Both the adventure and the celebration."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

27. - Top - End - #867

"Dragons aren't dragons. Dragons are... Well, dragons." Not lizards. "I'm afraid I don't know anyone who could help you figure out your origin. Don't your parents know? Some kind of family legend or something?" Though if he's adopted that won't help. "Flight is useful, no matter how it's achieved. Mine just comes with a smaller body so I fit through gaps easier."
    "What?" Dragons aren't dragons but dragons. You managed to confuse the plaxyer whcih results in a confused char.

"Sadly, no." he replies after a few moments. "We only know that there is a scaled creature in my bloodline, but we have no idea what exactly it was. Here in inside I found a book telling me that childs of dragons often got scaled skin, but then again i saw Lizardmen in the streets."

"A smaller body also got his downsides. a very small cage would be enougth to hold you."

28. - Top - End - #868
    Orc in the Playground

... I was sure I'd typed 'Dragons aren't lizards' in the first bit.

"Is the other bit human? I mean, you look mostly human, but it's not always easy to tell." Elves look human enough for my cyclops character to be unable to tell the difference between the two.
    "It has to be a pretty sturdy cage to keep me, though. I don't stay small. And I'm smart enough to avoid most traps." A wicker basket can't hold a human growing larger on the inside, and other small cages have the same weakness. Not ones made of steel, or magically reinforced, though.

29. - Top - End - #869
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

[Cursed Table]

Luvon sheathes the dagger and prepares to leave.
    "Sons of Gondor! Of Rohan! My brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me! A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship. But it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields when the age of Men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you stand! Men of the West!" -Aragorn, Lord of the Rings

I'm 8BitNinja's Brother

30. - Top - End - #870

[Cursed Table]

Ambrosia was expecting a reply from Luvon as well, but provided that he also promises not to attack anything, she will raise the dagger into the air and then make a downwards slashing motion in the air, causing strange crack to appear. It has no visible borders, but if one looks at it, from Ambrosia's angle, they can see a a mountainous landscape slowly expanding in size like a wound in the fabric of space time. However, from other angles this landscape won't be visible.

"Hurry inside. Just return to the spot you arrive at in about a day and I'll open the rift again. Just be careful, don't think you want to be trapped on the other side."
    She cautions. "Just look for the tallest mountain and go there."

Unless there are any other questions, the rift will quickly close once they are on the other side.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2017-11-25 at 08:22 AM.