New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Re: Trog's Tavern CCLII

Fendrick wasn't anticipating how tall Felandria would appear once he got close... But he was pleased that she accepted his handshake.

Fendrick takes a seat next to Felandria, careful to arrange his tail just so, to avoid it getting in other patrons' way.

'You have a pretty name' he says, 'It's a pleasure to meet you'

Fendrick beams his strange ratty smile and continues, 'I am very new around here, but seem to be settling in okay. I would very much like to run errands for some of the folk around here, so I get my bearings in terms of the surrounding area. Also, I do enjoy making myself useful! It's easy for a lumbering great rat like me to get in the way.'

Again, Fendrick beams. He really has fallen on his feet here; the locals seem so warm and welcoming. He really feels he might call this place home soon enough. Not that he HAS a home yet... that's something he didn't consider when he turned up empty handed! Not even a scrap of material to call clothes, nor a rucksack.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    Somewhere around the agreed-upon hour, a tanned man of no particular height and athletic build enters the tavern. He'd be an unpeculiar human, with walnut-brown hair and a wide mouth made for grinning, if it wasn't for the antlers and large, flickering deer's ears that protrude from the sides of his head. He's dressed sparingly in a pair of old, cracked boots, a set of patched hide trousers, and a felty-looking vest studded with iron buttons. He wears the vest open, revealing just a slender line of chest and compact belly.

He takes a quick glance around before finding his way to a booth. It seems he might be waiting for somebody.
    A little later and maybe even a little late a fair skinned nymph of beauty arrives at Trog's. She isn't blinding to look at, but she might be more than a little distracting. Still, she is dressed somewhat conservatively in a drab uniform that looks like it belongs to an officer, but no markings exist on it to indicate whom she might officiate for. The billowing purple cape completes the outfit and while it seems a little out of place to the practicality of the rest of the nymph's clothes, it does match well with her most striking feature: her shoulder length purple hair.

Ilpholin moves to meet up with the deer man after a short look around. "Hey. Sorry I'm late. Turned out to be a longer walk than I remembered." Her perceptions of distance and walking time have admittedly been skewed through the years by frequently utilizing Mister Squiggles to travel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fendrick View Post
    Fendrick wasn't anticipating how tall Felandria would appear once he got close... But he was pleased that she accepted his handshake.

Fendrick takes a seat next to Felandria, careful to arrange his tail just so, to avoid it getting in other patrons' way.

'You have a pretty name' he says, 'It's a pleasure to meet you'

Fendrick beams his strange ratty smile and continues, 'I am very new around here, but seem to be settling in okay. I would very much like to run errands for some of the folk around here, so I get my bearings in terms of the surrounding area. Also, I do enjoy making myself useful! It's easy for a lumbering great rat like me to get in the way.'

Again, Fendrick beams. He really has fallen on his feet here; the locals seem so warm and welcoming. He really feels he might call this place home soon enough. Not that he HAS a home yet... that's something he didn't consider when he turned up empty handed! Not even a scrap of material to call clothes, nor a rucksack.
    Thank you.

Well, as you can tell, this place does tend to acoomodate just about anyone, no matter what size you are.

Errands, what kind of errands?

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

4. - Top - End - #64
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Thank you.

Well, as you can tell, this place does tend to acoomodate just about anyone, no matter what size you are.

Fendrick replied, 'Well, errands such as finding a wizard's hat for him, or cleaning an old barn or... If it was possible, perhaps I could work in exchange for finding myself a place to live, or even just finding myself a rucksack would be kinda neat.' Fendrick then puffed up his chest as he said, 'I think I'm going to become an adventurer. What kind of adventurer doesn't have a lair to put their treasures!!'

.... Fendrick has rather grandiose ideas. Perhaps just finding a rucksack would be a good place to start?

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

[Outside]

Cassandra is confused by the sudden topic swap to Magtok's personal demons. She thinks she must have made a mistake somewhere for the conversation to come to this subject, but she isn't sure where.

"It's history. Whatever he was, now he's nothing more than a memory."
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Troll in the Playground

Outside

Cass rolled too high on her Hide Motive.

Simone is silent for a moment, trying to work out how to reply. Finally she just says, "What happened, Cass? Do you want to talk about it?"
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

7. - Top - End - #67
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Felandria View Post
    Thank you.

Fendrick replied, 'Well, errands such as finding a wizard's hat for him, or cleaning an old barn or... If it was possible, perhaps I could work in exchange for finding myself a place to live, or even just finding myself a rucksack would be kinda neat.' Fendrick then puffed up his chest as he said, 'I think I'm going to become an adventurer. What kind of adventurer doesn't have a lair to put their treasures!!'

.... Fendrick has rather grandiose ideas. Perhaps just finding a rucksack would be a good place to start?
    An elf wizard ((I described him earlier, but tell me if I need to repost his description)) walks up to the table and says to the two "Excuse me, but did you say that you were looking for adventure. Could I come along? I know great magics that can make your enemies flee before you, and I don't just mean illusions. As long as I can get my hands on some of the magic items and books, I can help you find whatever you want. Wealth, power, glory, religion, it doesn't matter to me, as long as I can have some of the magic things you find. So what will it be?" He stretches out his hand and offers it in handshake to answer his agreement. He obviously doesn't care about butting into other people's conversations, or seems to have any idea of courtesy, but he does looked equipped to adventure. "By the way, my name is Gaelin Birel, pleasure to meet you."
    I'm a Lawful Good Human Paladin
    Justice and honor are a heavy burden for the righteous. We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave
    — The Acts of Iomedae, Pathfinder
    Quote Originally Posted by Quibbilcious View Post
    I lost my artistic license after getting stuck in a poetry jam.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

An elf wizard ((I described him earlier, but tell me if I need to repost his description)) walks up to the table and says to the two "Excuse me, but did you say that you were looking for adventure. Could I come along? I know great magics that can make your enemies flee before you, and I don't just mean illusions. As long as I can get my hands on some of the magic items and books, I can help you find whatever you want. Wealth, power, glory, religion, it doesn't matter to me, as long as I can have some of the magic things you find. So what will it be?" He stretches out his hand and offers it in handshake to answer his agreement. He obviously doesn't care about butting into other people's conversations, or seems to have any idea of courtesy, but he does looked equipped to adventure. "By the way, my name is Gaelin Birel, pleasure to meet you."
    (Please could you describe the elf wizard again, I can't find your description of him)

Fendrick puffed up his chest again and said, 'I'M an adventurer... or, uh, I'd like to be'

The rat-person then looked to Felandria, to see what she would make of the elf wizard.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Outside

Cass rolled too high on her Hide Motive.

Simone is silent for a moment, trying to work out how to reply. Finally she just says, "What happened, Cass? Do you want to talk about it?"
    [Outside]

"No."

"But... thank you for asking. And for coming out after me."

She steps away from the wall, her mood seeming to have improved, at least a little.

"We can go back inside."

She offers a hand to help Simone stand up.
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2017-04-13 at 07:53 AM.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Pixie in the Playground

In mid-air, a few meters from the floor, appears a rectangular small gate to a place apparently dark and empty, facing the ground. after several seconds, a humanoid creature fall through the portal, landing on his face. he quickly get up, shakes his head and exclaims, looking up toward the window:
    "yes! i did it! i escaped! take thath, destiny!"
    he then look around, confused. approach the closest living thing and ask, loudly enough to make sure all nearby people hear:
    "excuse me. tell me the name of this place. hum. please?"
    he has gray skin, yellow eyes, blak hairs and orange, quite large horns. he seems young, and wears simple, dark clothings, with a green symbol on the t-shirt, depicting a stylized chalice.
    the portal fades away
    Last edited by Catalessi; 2017-04-13 at 10:03 AM.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Orc in the Playground

The nearest person is human, or at least looks that way right now. They're young; early twenties at most, and slender; their frame and face are both androgynous, though their black hair is short and cut in a distinctly masculine style. Their eyes are green, and bright. They are wearing a red chequered shirt, buttoned up the front, and a pair of sturdy black jeans. On their feet are a pair of brown work-boots, and resting on the table within their reach is a leather satchel, with a stylised crow branded into the front of it. "This is Trog's Tavern, mate. In the Nexus. I'm Jack, pleased to meet you."
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

12. - Top - End - #72
    Pixie in the Playground

"nexus? is the name of this world? in what sector of the empire is it? or... wait...
    whe are not in the empire, right? this... is... another universe"

he looks around, whit a slightly shocked face.

"this... is wonderful! i did it! anyway, my name's hidrus engize. it's a, hem, a pleasure? to meet you.
    wow"

13. - Top - End - #73
    Troll in the Playground

Outside

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashen Lilies View Post
    [Outside]

"No."

"But... thank you for asking. And for coming out after me."

She steps away from the wall, her mood seeming to have improved, at least a little.

"We can go back inside."

She offers a hand to help Simone stand up.

Simone takes her hand. "If you like to." she says, with her head cocked, a half smile on her face. But if Cass is sure, she will go back inside with her.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

[Back Inside]

Well, Cassandra returns to the scene on the inside of the tavern, which has changed quite a lot since she left it.

Cassandra is a dark elf woman - she's currently wearing a light colored shirt, dark trousers and boots, and a heavy overcoat with a hood, though of course the hood isn't currently up at the moment.

"Wow. It's very crowded all of a sudden."

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

[Back Inside]

Fayyaad has returned to the table he shared with his company by now, since Fendrick is now talking to someone else. He looks up at Cassandra.

"You're back. Are you feeling better? My apologies if something I said disturbed you."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Troll in the Playground

(Please could you describe the elf wizard again, I can't find your description of him)

Fendrick puffed up his chest again and said, 'I'M an adventurer... or, uh, I'd like to be'

The rat-person then looked to Felandria, to see what she would make of the elf wizard.
    The elf is wearing a blue hooded robe, carrying a brown staff in his left hand, and a very thick book in his right. On his belt, there are multiple wands in one sheath and a writing kit. Over his shoulder are two small pouches. Also on his back are two other staves. As for his appearance, he looks like he's aged, even for an elf, and on his hands are covered in runed gloves.

"What do you think you need to be one? Adventurers are just people who wander around and find things." Gaelin thinks about it for a moment and says "Do you need to buy things? Are you the type who likes to use weapons and armor?"
    Last edited by 8BitNinja; 2017-04-14 at 11:10 AM.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    A little later and maybe even a little late a fair skinned nymph of beauty arrives at Trog's. She isn't blinding to look at, but she might be more than a little distracting. Still, she is dressed somewhat conservatively in a drab uniform that looks like it belongs to an officer, but no markings exist on it to indicate whom she might officiate for. The billowing purple cape completes the outfit and while it seems a little out of place to the practicality of the rest of the nymph's clothes, it does match well with her most striking feature: her shoulder length purple hair.

Ilpholin moves to meet up with the deer man after a short look around. "Hey. Sorry I'm late. Turned out to be a longer walk than I remembered." Her perceptions of distance and walking time have admittedly been skewed through the years by frequently utilizing Mister Squiggles to travel.
    Adir perks up, his ears standing straight. "Oh, yeah. Hey. No big thing," the stag grins. "I had to wait a little longer at a bar. Oh, woe is me." His ears wiggle and he wags his eyebrows as he raises a flagon from the table to his lips.

"No sign of Harn... Harnetta, yet,"
    Adir says. He's been practicing remembering that. He wipes away a little 'stache of foam. It's maybe worth noting he's otherwise clean shaven, which differs from when Ilpholin used to know him. He was at least a little stubbly then most of the time. "I, um, hope she's still staying here. If not, well, I've got free reign to drink the night away, so..." Adir rolls his eyes to the side innocently and drinks again. "You'll walk me home, right? You seem to like walking." That grin appears again.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2017-04-13 at 10:24 PM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

18. - Top - End - #78
    Orc in the Playground

"Yes, Nexus is the name of the world. There was an empire, but it's not here any more. And I guess Nexus is its own universe, yeah. But you can get here from any other universe, if you try hard enough, or do something wrong, or just walk down the wrong alleyway at the wrong time. As you're new, tradition requires me, as the first person to meet you, to buy you a drink. What do you want?" Jack smiles, but she's hoping Hidrus isn't an escaped murderer or anarchist or evil wizard or something, because that would not look good for her.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    "Yes, Nexus is the name of the world. There was an empire, but it's not here any more. And I guess Nexus is its own universe, yeah. But you can get here from any other universe, if you try hard enough, or do something wrong, or just walk down the wrong alleyway at the wrong time. As you're new, tradition requires me, as the first person to meet you, to buy you a drink. What do you want?" Jack smiles, but she's hoping Hidrus isn't an escaped murderer or anarchist or evil wizard or something, because that would not look good for her.

"oh, well, thank you, i guess. i don't know what kind of drinks are produced here, choose you what to offer.
    so, this is the 'nexus', uh? what a fortune. my planet is beig ravaged by a flaming apocalypse, so i'll probably stay here. and, hemmm...
    what kind of creature are you? and all those other 'aliens'?"

20. - Top - End - #80
    Orc in the Playground

"They serve most drinks here. I'll get you lemonade, to begin with." Raising a hand, Jack orders a glass of lemonade for the newcomer, which arrives promptly. "I'm sorry to hear about your world. Most of the people in the room are humans, or human enough to interbreed with humans. And a warning; you're from a place reliant on technology, yes? Well, here, magic is real, and just as widespread as technology. If not slightly more prevalent. Not everything you see, hear, smell, feel or taste will make sense according to the rules and regulations which govern your homeworld, even if it isn't magic." Jack doesn't answer the question on her species, however; she looks to be completely human, but that may be deceptive.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

The elf is wearing a blue hooded robe, carrying a brown staff in his left hand, and a very thick book in his right. On his belt, there are multiple wands in one sheath and a writing kit. Over his shoulder are two small pouches. Also on his back are two other staves. As for his appearance, he looks like he's aged, even for an elf, and on his hands are covered in runed gloves.

"What do you think you need to be one? Adventurers are just people who wander around and find things." Gaelin thinks about it for a moment and says "Do you need to buy things? Are you the type who likes to use weapons and armor?
    Fendrick thought for a short while before replying, 'I...I have no money. So, I uh, can't buy anything at all'

Fendrick can envisage himself wearing a tweed waistcoat, lined with green silk. Perhaps such a waistcoat would have ample pockets to store other trinkets and items he may collect on his travels. Other than that, Fendrick has keen senses and sharp claws; he is unaccustomed to wearing heavy armour, and it probably wouldn't suit him anyhow.

He looks over at Felandria, and wonders if she could perhaps help him find a waistcoat?

22. - Top - End - #82
    Pixie in the Playground

Hidrus take a quik sip of the strange liquid, before gargling it all with a sound of approvation. Then, he looks back at Jack

"yeah, i always knew that magic was real, though i've never seen it. and for my planet, it was destiny that willed so. the signs were clear."

He stare for a moment in the glass, then continue with a less serious tone

"so, you are one of those 'humans'? for you probably is normal, but i've never seen an intelligent creature different from a troll. it is what i am. a troll. i must admit, you look strange, with your pale skin and your lack of horns.
    well, and how is the life here? who is in charge of everything? and... there is someone i should be wary of?"

He ask, narrowing his eyes with the last question

23. - Top - End - #83
    Orc in the Playground

Fendrick thought for a short while before replying, 'I...I have no money. So, I uh, can't buy anything at all'

Fendrick can envisage himself wearing a tweed waistcoat, lined with green silk. Perhaps such a waistcoat would have ample pockets to store other trinkets and items he may collect on his travels. Other than that, Fendrick has keen senses and sharp claws; he is unaccustomed to wearing heavy armour, and it probably wouldn't suit him anyhow.

He looks over at Felandria, and wonders if she could perhaps help him find a waistcoat?
    Fel smiles at Fendrick.

Well, sweetie, if you need anything, I'm sure I can help.

She pulls out a small bag of gold.

And if you need a place to stay for a bit, you could always crash at my place.

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

24. - Top - End - #84
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Fendrick beams and greedily holds out a paw, but then remembers himself and shakes his head

'I cannot accept this... Unless I can do you a favour in return?'

Fendrick really would like to get his paws on a green-lined tweed waistcoat, he'd look rather fetching in one!! But where would he begin to look for such an item? And he doesn't wish to take advantage of Felandria's generosity.

Fendrick is very grateful for the offer of a place to stay, he just wishes he could return the kindness he has been shown by Felandria. In all, he feels very welcome in the Nexus, he's glad he travelled here!

Also, Fendrick wonders whether if he were to adventure with the elf wizard Gaelin, that Felandria would come along? Fendrick hasn't adventured before, so he's rather unsure of protocol.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Orc in the Playground

"I'm different. I look human, but I don't feel like a human. You won't find another like me in the pub. Life here's good for some, bad for some, and middling for most- like most places, I imagine. I'm happy with my life, mostly. I'd like a bit more excitement, but that's why I left home. Nobody's in charge of 'everything'. But everywhere's got someone in charge. Mostly, they all get on, except in Riverside and Skyside, and I haven't heard of bloodshed in Riverside. And no more than the usual in Skyside, which doesn't have a someone in charge. Don't go near AMEN, they're always unpleasant, but other than that, I can't really think of anyone. But be careful here, don't insult people casually. They might be a massive flying reptile in disguise." She's completely serious with the last, but other than that, Jack doesn't have much more advice to give. She only left her hometown quite recently, where everyone's like her.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    "I'm different. I look human, but I don't feel like a human. You won't find another like me in the pub. Life here's good for some, bad for some, and middling for most- like most places, I imagine. I'm happy with my life, mostly. I'd like a bit more excitement, but that's why I left home. Nobody's in charge of 'everything'. But everywhere's got someone in charge. Mostly, they all get on, except in Riverside and Skyside, and I haven't heard of bloodshed in Riverside. And no more than the usual in Skyside, which doesn't have a someone in charge. Don't go near AMEN, they're always unpleasant, but other than that, I can't really think of anyone. But be careful here, don't insult people casually. They might be a massive flying reptile in disguise." She's completely serious with the last, but other than that, Jack doesn't have much more advice to give. She only left her hometown quite recently, where everyone's like her.
    "well, umm t...thanks. you are, hum, 'nice', answering all these questions. to be sincere, i still have no idea on what to do now. maybe, ill just try to rebuild my old life. or maybe not. i feel a great urge to unheart the ancient secrets of this world, but those are not things you can ask around. anyway, i think i'll stay in this 'tavern' a little more. maybe get to know some other resident. i can see a good number of interesting folks.

Hidrus take a look at the surroundings, studing the customers.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Orc in the Playground

"No worries. We're all new once, after all. Adventurers are quite common, actually. Someone might have something for you to do." Also, just realised: Jack isn't a dragon in disguise. The previous post may have given that impression, but Jack's not a dragon.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Back Inside]

Fayyaad has returned to the table he shared with his company by now, since Fendrick is now talking to someone else. He looks up at Cassandra.

"You're back. Are you feeling better? My apologies if something I said disturbed you."
    [Back Inside]

"We're alright," says Cassandra, waving a hand dismissively. "You didn't say anything to offend."

29. - Top - End - #89
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Felandria View Post
    Fel smiles at Fendrick.

Well, sweetie, if you need anything, I'm sure I can help.

She pulls out a small bag of gold.

And if you need a place to stay for a bit, you could always crash at my place.
    Fendrick beams and greedily holds out a paw, but then remembers himself and shakes his head

'I cannot accept this... Unless I can do you a favour in return?'

Fendrick really would like to get his paws on a green-lined tweed waistcoat, he'd look rather fetching in one!! But where would he begin to look for such an item? And he doesn't wish to take advantage of Felandria's generosity.

Fendrick is very grateful for the offer of a place to stay, he just wishes he could return the kindness he has been shown by Felandria. In all, he feels very welcome in the Nexus, he's glad he travelled here!

Also, Fendrick wonders whether if he were to adventure with the elf wizard Gaelin, that Felandria would come along? Fendrick hasn't adventured before, so he's rather unsure of protocol.
    Gaelin says "I can also help out. I don't have much money, but it's definitely not enough to buy magic gear, so I don't mind spending it on you. Perhaps I could buy you a short sword or a short bow with a few arrows?"
    I'm a Lawful Good Human Paladin
    Justice and honor are a heavy burden for the righteous. We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave
    — The Acts of Iomedae, Pathfinder
    Quote Originally Posted by Quibbilcious View Post
    I lost my artistic license after getting stuck in a poetry jam.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Fendrick feels warm and fuzzy inside when he thinks of the generosity of those around him.

A sword would be most useful, not that he knows how to use one but he's sure he can soon learn.

In addition, that waistcoat would be useful as somewhere to store what money he may earn in the near future, and the odd trinket.

Fendrick suggests, 'Gaelin, Felandria. Why don't we go find some magical items, and on the way pick up some questing materials, like a short sword and perhaps we'll also come across a dashing waistcoat for myself. Do you have any idea where to go for a good quest?'

Fendrick shrugs; he has no idea where to head first. Again, he is grateful for the generosity shown to him and eager for an opportunity to repay the favour.